Tabletop Simulator

Normally I wouldn't make a TTS thread, but it's been a while and this board comes the closest to liking it out of the above. Plus that one user gave out like 7-8 copies to people last winter, so hopefully someone else is around who has it.
So, what's your favorite board game, Holla Forums?

???
Literally torrent it and download steam mods for the games

Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle.
If you've ever played the card game Dominion, it will feel pretty familiar, but its a co-op game where you all work as a team to eliminate the enemy. It's for up to 4 people and sometimes it can be pretty challenging. Definitely worth a playthrough. (You can play each year).
What are you looking for user? There's entry level, there's advanced, there's obscure, there's board, there's card, there's pen and paper…

I would like to play some tabletop rpgs, but im too much of an autist to find a group to play with.

I would be down for something, but organizing people is a pain

What's the point of playing simulated tabletop games when you could be playing either actual tabletop games or video games that better utilize the hardware you are already using?

Well, as an example, let's look at Heroscape. There are no video games of Heroscape to speak of, and the physical copies are hard to come by since WotC bought them out and then discontinued it. And that's not even getting into the fact that you'd need to find people to play it with.

On top of that, some tabletops, such as 40k, ar ungodly expensive if you want to play the physical versions. And 40k video games are like the actual wargame in theme only. The rules and mechanics are vastly different.

But those games fucking suck and have shit gameplay restricted by the need to be played without computers.

Tabletop games are a meme.

I'm more asking what other thread-goers are looking for. Trying to break the ice. Some of my favorites are the mentioned Heroscape and 40k, as well as Lords of Waterdeep and Android Netrunner.
In terms of RPGs I have a special place in my heart for Star Wars D6 and Mutants & Masterminds.

I could start up a server for a while, if you guys want. I'm open for most games as long as someone present knows enough about the game to teach it.

I bet you've never even played either of them, user. If you have, please elaborate why they're shit rather than that generic answer like "the gameplay is bad"

If you think 40k actually has good gameplay even compared to other tabletop wargames, you are beyond retarded.

If I had more friends I wouldn't mind doing some roleplay in this, but all the miniatures are already set up and I have no idea how to model stuff.

Why are you even associating with retarded people, in a thread about something you don't like?

Well, there is the "papercraft" option.
Doesn't look as nice as full-3D, but it's better than nothing.

How about making scenography? can you make it on the go or do you have to model it?

Maybe I can DM shadowrun on it.

You can turn 2D images into gameboards, or even table backgrounds, not to mention the absolutely insane amount of custom assets on the workshop.
I'm sure between all that you can pull something together.

How old are you faggot? Im lucky enough to live right down the street from a hobby shop that lets people lounge and play games all day. Sure its full of fedoras but at least they are real people and not just words on a screen or a voice in my headphones

I just learned how to play Hnefatafl. Who wants to play with a pile of rocks just like the ancient vikings?

What? I'm always waiting on TTS threads for enough people to run a battletech game. That is, 3 more people at most so any other games will do

When we have fully-tactile 3D hologram computers and we can play this by picking up the virtual pieces in our hands and move them around naturally, I'll probably dig it.
I love playing board games and tabletop games in real life, but god damn is TTS a clunky slog to do the simplest of shit.

I understand. I don't find it clunky myself, but I understand. For me it was just a matter of practice.

I'm using TTS to test my game that's based on FFT.
Finished some playtests a while ago and am making some rules adjustments and making a brand new map style to replace the current one before I do more playtesting.
You can probably get a good idea of what the game is like from looking at the pictures, units on two teams slap each other and compete over an objective, and units are represented by playing card sized cards rather than some big sheet or pentagon or something silly. There's currently 16 units written down and I'm trying to make sure they're all unique and serve some purpose in a team. So far, I don't think there's any two units that serve the same purpose or play the same style.

When I finally finish this thing, it'll probably just go on the workshop for free, I don't really plan on making a physical version unless someone offers to help.

Can you make custom grids or even walls?

Godspeed, user.
Also server's up. Infinity Tabletops, password is "memecancer"

You can choose between square, H-hex, and V-hex. Or manually place snap-points if you wanna be really autistic. And for walls/GM screens, you just turn a board on its side.

This gets more buggy with every update. might be that I loaded 300 assets at once
If anyone wants to play or learn just say it, or make a different game if you want to

I played it quite a bit with some friends. You really need friends and voice chat to enjoy it. We played everything from Betrayal at House on the Hill to card games and RPGs. Shitload of mods help with variety.

Pretty sure that most of the people that hate it, just hate it because they have no one to play it with.

kill yourself you autistic faggot ardebetis.

t. classyskull

Sorry about the delay, I had to take a quick nap.
Server's back up, using the name and password found in

Both of those are true, but I'm not opposed to making new friends. The game has built-in voice chat too, so if you have a mic and aren't afraid to use it, that works fine.

That's because it's not. It's a Virtual simulation of a platform for games.

I've picked up a few PnP games and some Thai TCG through it. I'd love to find a group that would sit down through Valkyria Chronicles or Commandeer, maybe even Waifu Madness.

Lads when do we begin to play?
Please be my friends ;_;.

Someone say Battletech?!

Yes, I have battletech and battletech accessories ready for a game. Not today though, it's pretty late

The thing about TTS I've noticed, is that you can't really set-and-forget your servers You kinda have to manage it every time players arrive.
Regardless, I have a server up. Hop on and I'll load up a game or something.
Name is Infinity Tabletops, pass is memecancer

The only issue i've had with TTS and Battletech is record sheet marking

The lack of Shadowrun 3E content turns me off from buying it. Maybe some day as there is more on it now than when I last checked.

The only reason I really use Tabletop Sim is for if my friends want to play something. I personally favor bluffing type of games like Battlestar Galactica, Secret Hitler, etc., but we don't play them that much. BSG is probably my favorite board game of all time, I always have a good time playing it.

The only other reason I would use it is for Blood Bowl. But now they have the vidya versions, and before that there was fumbbl anyway. I play so much BB I don't really mind buying the races, and Legendary Edition for BB2 is coming out soon too. I still don't get the deal with Games Workshop's shittery in that Slann are now Kislev cause of it not being "the new lore" but whatever I guess. GW has always been unbearable faggots.

Still, for I think the 20 bucks I spent on Tabletop Sim I got use out of it so I don't really complain. Sometimes my friends will want to do something and since all of us have moved from our home town it's nice to have.

Does it have a mod that makes Yu- I'm sorry, I meant Duel Monsters, exist? I want full holograms and everything.

You guys tried the dlc yet? Some of those games look very decent. I unlocked them using a dlc unlocker, which allows me to host those games in case anyone wants to try them.

I always thought it was fucking weird that people think of the DLC so collectively when it's entirely separate games. They run the gamut from great games like Scythe to shitty meme activities like Superfight.

I have always been on the fence with buying this game… How is it playing alone with no friends? I really have no one to organize proper games with. Also
When did this happen? I know full/tg/ had been trying to organize game nights with it.

You still visit half/tg/? That was one of the first boards who fell to the leftists.

Also, is there a decent Arkham Horror module for it yet? Last time I checked there was only a half-assed savegame.

Every time someone complains that they have no one to play TTS with, someone inevitably tells you that /tg/ is always looking for more players, and then you faggots never set anything up.

If you are asking this question, you do not understand what TTS is, and therefore probably should not buy it.

But we once had a Holla Forums tts server up, there are people here who like it. You can probably easily find people to play with. When I bought this game the steam community was full of people looking for others to play with. There are also people out there who like explaining game modes.

It's an answerable question though.

Just find 1p games on BGG and see if they are already made for TTS. Play paper games in virtual space completely alone.

/tg/ has organized many games on TTS. Yet every TTS thread here claims it hates it or that Holla Forums hates it.
You guys act like gaming journalists when it comes to who you think likes and hates what.

I'd reccomend eldritch horror, alchemists, nothing personal (kid) and tragedy looper.
And kingdom death monster if you hate yourself.

I do own a legit copy, but would anyone like to test if the pirated copy works online? Anyone here pirated the game? We could try to play this online.