TimeSplitters Thread

I just beat TS:FP for the first time on hard a couple hours ago, and what a satisfying ending that was. I got a bunch of challenges to gold though, and I tried out some of the arcade mode with bots. Makes me want to get some mates and play online with the models that all have unique stats, on top of half of the models never showing up in the main campaign itself. Why did such a good game series have to fall into obscurity?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ASlyy
tsrewind.com/index.php/en/50-timesplitters-rewind-update-19-07-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is an amazing game, OP. I have no idea.

Arcade mode with bots and friends is still one of the best couch multiplayer experiences out there.

Good games just don't have mass appeal, I guess. Isn't there some TimeSplitters: Rewind project going on?

I have two controllers, so if I actually had friends we could play it together. Might actually call up a bud tomorrow and see if he wants to play it with me.

iirc EA didn't market it for shit and killed support for it really fast. Next generation was on the horizon too and people were getting less interested in past gen exclusive FPS games.

It's a shame too since because Timesplitters was such a niche franchise that wasn't a big seller, it's been used as an excuse as to why it'll probably never be re-released.

Also this released just a few months before

would you really want it to get a release in this day and age though?

This fucking challenge where you have to kill zombies using the grabbing psychic glove is hard as nails. Zombies gather around so fast, the area to fight in is tiny, and the boxes and heads from killed zombies have a high miss rate. Anybody played this shit and golded before on here have some tips?

You'll cowards don't even split.

Here's gameplay aiming with vive through iron sights. At 6 minutes. Thoughts? He used a regular controller.

If you genuinely wanted mod support you wouldn't push for it to be restricted with Steam Workshop shit.

Timesplitters 4 was cancelled because, I shit you not, the execs couldn't settle on a marketable enough protagonist to put on the cover.

Even though it already had one.

Seriously, fuck EA. TimeSplitters needs to be revived, but I'm afraid since it's the CURRENT YEAR and they'll no doubt butcher the game.

Probably, yeah.

I'd settle for a PC release with mouse and keyboard support. Also, arbitrarily expanded caps on the mapmaker, because you can save them to your HD instead of your memory card.

What's your favorite weapon? I always adored the Flare Gun from Future Perfect, and the Crossbow from 2. I got good enough with the arcing that I could hit targets on the other side of Ice Station without line of sight based on their radar reading. Felt smug.

Also, Graem Norgate is a monster.

I suspect the limit isn't just save size but RAM. Still could be made arbitrarily large on PC.

Probably, yeah. I wonder what the devs would do without console restrictions in general. Maybe huge maps where you can find more than 5 weapons out of the trillion the game had.

Mine would have to be just good old fashioned double barrel in 2. Future Perfect is a top up between the Ghost Gun and dual K-SKPs or whatever they're called. They all have a similar feature which makes me love them so much. High accuracy, high damage, high rate of fire, but they all either have long reloads or fuck with your vision, which I finds adds a good bit of "Fuck you!" to ambushes but screwed you in the long haul.

I played the two levels included with Homefront: TR, honestly it doesn't flow as well as playing the original game on pad but it's still extremely fun

Remote mines are fun in 2. Too bad 3 has a more convoluted way of using secondary firing mode, so they are less useful.

Tactical 12-gauge is probably the best weapon. Super powerful and you can reload a couple of shots whenever you have some downtime.

This is why;
archive.is/ASlyy

Timesplitters is so much better than Goldeneye, I dunno why the latter has more popularity.

Steam workshop means it's much easier to get other people to DL mods

I've played multiplayer games for years and it's always much easier to get a person to click a link than "okay extract this to your folder, now edit this ini file, now extract it to this folder and edit this file" etc.

It's annoying as hell and whenever I tend to ask people to play a mod with me I tend to just copy the game directory and crack it and send the entire thing to them via dropbox.

Mexican Mission with cowboy guns, that fucking music.

music time?

Music time.

Do you guy think Rewind will deliver?

TimeSplitters 2 had the best box art.

Any Jo Beth lewds?

Should we tell him?

I have my fingers crossed

it got cancelled

say it aint so…

wait, false alarm, that was fake news
their last update is worrying though
tsrewind.com/index.php/en/50-timesplitters-rewind-update-19-07-2017

dont scare me like that.

Nintendrones.

OP again. Been fucking around in more arcade matches with bots, and I just realized that, from what I've unlocked so far, the Berserker Splicer is objectively the best character to play.
What's your favorite MP character from the series?

Small characters like Monkey or Robofish are the best, since they are such a small target.

You disgust me.

I'm going off TS2 since I still play that game from time to time on my PS2 and I only ever rented FP.
Gretel mk2 is top tier clang and I always liked Viola. Undead Priest was probably my most used in multiplayer though, that nigga's a skeleton and he has a hood on, looks cool as fuck.

I think I used to pick ninja monkey. I remember playing this with my mates. Lasted from 10 pm to 6 am. I wasn't great at it though, I didn't focused so much on it as them.

user, you are giving me a literal nostalgia boner. It's been many years since I perved on her character model as a lad.

Too bad they made Gretel into a slut in FP. Her 2 design was so cool.

If you're going ninja anything, may as well go the Time Assassin.

She returned as a character in FP, Gretel mk3, and viola is hot shit, not going to lie. Gave young me the hots every time I saw her. Didn't help that the Notre Dame level was my favortie from TS2. The Undead Priests are cool shit, but if we're talking undead characters, the Eyes Mummy was the best in TS2.

mister giggles best character

That's not Carrion Carcass.

fuck you and your shitty head hitbox

R One-Oh-Seven

Do any of the TS games have LAN/link cable co-op?

Git gud

Remember when devs would do banter with their customers and people wouldn't get pissy about it?

Not that I'm aware. Just more of a reason for a
TimeSplitters 4!

Because a bunch of companies were sabotaging Free Radical by screwing them when it came to pay day before Crytek bought up the bankrupt company. Crytek on the other hand didn't need help; it blew its own head own.

They announced it's being released this year with a shitty trailer of nothing.

Flare Guns are the best.

Well known IP and was played during everyones childhood.

It should so long as they don't go crazy with the TF2 item unlocking.

Monkeys.
Favorite female is Angel Forge.

I knew that nu-harlequin design was a ripoff of something I saw before, just couldnt remember

the little girl because speed
Also, if you're playing bots you'll quickly notice that they can never hit you if you just strafe sideways.
it's a pity because ps2 "online" multiplayer was never really a thing when i had one.

Me. Or any PC release of TimeSplitters.

Even PEACOCK from Skullgirls has dedicated drawfags, why doesn't Gretel?

You used to be able to play online through the Xbox Live. But no lan co-op as far as I know.