ARE YOU A KID or a SQUID?
HOW FRESH ARE YOU?
HOW RANKED ARE YOU?

———————————————

Join our Mumble server for Squid Squad voicechat (usually Friday & Saturday):
wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page
swamp.li - Port: 64738 - "Swamp Vidya" -> "Splatoon"

———————————————

>>>/smek/ is dead and will not be missed.

———————————————

VERY IMPORTANT:
● Octolings are still SUPERIOR
● Got any dank squid memes? Post them in the thread whenever you can!
● Post dank squid memes!
● Splatoon 2 will be released on July 21, 2017
● Paid online is still bullshit

———————————————

Ticket exploit still isn't fixed. Abuse it while you can to get more XP and coins.
youtu.be/B--Ye0Ev2t0?t=49s

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/890861058230853637/photo/1
youtube.com/watch?v=Ma9PFYjuYo4
inklingscents.com/shop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you're only hurting yourself at this point

Splatoon Thread: The Switch is still awful Edition

Cant even format the Thread Post correctly

God you suck

Or Link to the previous thread.

OP you suck cock

there has to be a fucking way TO SKIP THE STUPID FUCKING SHIT WAIFUS

Would you tenderly hug a zapfish user?

bike shorts

If you still want xp tickets do not update. The respawning ticket by 2-6 still respawns after the update but no longer adds to your amount held. I'm guessing the money ticket by 5-27 has also been patched.

>>>/a/

OCTOLINGS ARE SUPERIOR

Also learn to link to the old thread nigger

Was the single player mode in the original complete shit as well? The level design in octo valley is garbage and forcing shit weapons on the player is sonic levels of retarded.

Was the same apart from the last boss was much harder and interesting. Even though it's the same guy. Last boss in the new game was total shit who I one shot and wondered what just happened.

So the series is shit aside from the multiplayer, got it.

You're waifu is SHIT, and a LOSER, and now she's taking thick OCTO DICK up the butt every day because you fucked up!

What even the point of those switch channels if you don't post patch changes on it?
Nintendo use those channels for something besides advertising you limpdick fucks.

Don't lewd the squid kids. The game already does it for you.

>>>/vg/

What did you expect, new bread post like in gg tred?
Actually why don't we do that?

why did they make the final boss so underwhelming?

Would anyone watch a 30 minute anime short of how Marina and Pearl met?

At the very least, I'd like some backstory, even if it's not exactly anime. Corocoro, is that you? :^)

CUNTBOYS

Yes the correct spelling is salmonid. Why can't anyone read?

unless its canon im not interested

Why would anyone opposed to racemixing like the squid sisters?
They are racemixed themselves, cuttle/squid, at least 1/4 cuttlefish! disgusting dysgenics!
Think of their origins in the best case scenario: miscegenation between their cuttlefish grandfather and an inkling woman produced at least tow children, then the two half-breed children mixed with two full-blooded inklings to produce the sisters, lowering IQ's all the way throughout this process.
In typical low IQ mixed-race fashion, they are liars: their name the "squid sisters", has nothing true about it, not only are they both at least 1/4 cuttlefish, but they are also first cousins, not sisters
cuttlefish clearly represent whites, while inklings clearly represent asians, considering the rate of white male/asian female couples as opposed to the opposite configuration, it's no strange detail that the cuttlefish (white) is a male relative, who must have taken a female inkling (asian) to become the "cuttlefish cousins"'s grandfather, it's also not strange in this context, that they identify more as inklings then as cuttlefish, since white/asian mixes tend to identify more readily with the asian part of their heritage, at least, if they are dishonest, the more honest among them would identify as halfu, or half-breed, or, more properly, "mistakes" (even through the Squid Sisters are less than half cuttlefish).
If you oppose racemixing, or at least racemixing between asians and whites, you must oppose the squid sisters, and their inherent promotion of dysgenic miscegenation.
14/88, out!

Niggers on Youtube with thumbnails with spoilers have already ruined the game for me, but I'm still going to call you a faggot. Unavoidable spoilers like the fucking Youtube thumbnails and this thread make me fucking pissed, because it's not your fault if you get spoiled.

Also, why have people been making Splatoon 2 spoilers fucking unavoidable? What the fuck ever happened to having something spoiled for you being YOUR fault, and your fault alone?

Yah fuck off back to reddit man

I expect spoilers, of course, but I don't expect people to be big enough faggots to put spoilers in the OP post.

Canon (NoJ) or canon (((Treehouse)))?

Here's another image with spoilers, you sensitive cunt. Hope your day is ruined.

Seems legit.

Have a (You), friend ;)

Of course it's legit. Why would a sign lie?

only as an excuse to hug the squid while shes hugging the zapfish

Everyone that uses an Aerospray is objectively a faggot.

you dont deserve the honor of being to op one of the last good threads on Holla Forums

Nigga, I've seen them last for over 2 weeks, just with bumps

this thread has always radiated with unbridled passion and enjoyment. its not a common sight on Holla Forums, it exists elsewhere as well but this is one of the few. even at its lowest points the love here uplifts the rest of the board by proximity.

Callie is too smart to fall for such a ploy.

As for the topic at hand, what weapons does everyone prefer to use? I enjoy the zapper family myself.

seriously somebody just make a discord

discords are gay and so are you

gib discord link pls

Dude fuck this shit. I end up 24kills to 3 games following and its annoying cause im dealing with all this weight

just get in the mumble or shitpost in the thread like a regular fucking human being

It's a double shame because the mix for his third phase is an easy 10/10, but the boss just doesn't live up to it. I really wanted to fight brainwashed Callie (with her using the the old special weapons from the first game).

It's more plausible that they were adopted.

Canon NoJ.

still, getting the rainmaker and then planting it on his fucking head was all kinds of radical

It's ok when Nintendo does it ;)

woops
deleted first webm, added two, posted, but ended up posting 4. weird

Can I just say I fucking love splat anons for resisting gay shit like discord? Thank you, sincerely.

Is she really a nigger?
Is the bare minimum of what constitutes a nigger just dark brown skin? Does being a nigger not take into account other (human) body features (like skull shape) as well as their attitude to life? (eg: blames whites but is dependent on whites). If all humans in Splatoon are dead including jews, muslims, etc aren't the niggers technically dead too? Don't you have to be human to technically be a nigger and not a humanoid octopus creature?

In the end, what is a nigger?

Being very intentionally loud, disruptive and agressive, as well as seeing that as proof of their worth. Of course that kind of behavior is predominantly shown by shitskins. But it is the crux of what is undesirable about them.

is there any point in doing not-takio ryddim gaem?

Hello everyone! Ritsu here. Reminder that rollers and octolings are superior.

my first play of salmon run we had:
and i really thought it was interesting how all the weapons had such distinct roles on the team, things that they were really good at or not so good at. of course the splatling was kind of the star of the show, but even that came with its own drawbacks.
today we got:
not quite as exciting, but nobody should get stuck with a weapon theyre too uncomfortable with. not everyone really knew what to do with an octobrush. but it was prideful if you understood your strengths.

Mixing up the weapons was a great idea to help keep the mode fresh. Hopefully they come up with more updates for Salmon run once people really start getting used to it.

Spats are cute, you fuckers best be wearing spats.

of course officer

>>>/out/

Keep moving squid

im wearing the shorts or skirts and there is nothing you ca do to stop me!

Sir i need you to pull over and get out of the party van.

the skirt is cute too officer, I know my rights

Pick one.

ARRESTED FOR SPATS CRIMES

Now i'm telling your dad.

I wear the cameltoe pants, come and stop me officer.

I know what I'd wear

A miserable pile of welfare

from a glance the thumbnail made the squid arrow sign look like a bow. im a little sad it wasnt. id love some frilly gothic lolita stuff.

Just use Mumble, or are you really a Chinese datamining identity thief?

motion controls are shit

Unless you making a mouse and keyboards for the switch it's gonna be the best we're gonna get.

Begun then, the tier war has.

hey ((swamp))

Decided to give the game a rest. Might come back if they sort out the subs/specials. I just played 4 games and it was nothing but bomb spam which gets old fast. I hardly ever get killed by being shot. Guns seem to be now more as a tool to get curly special back up fast in high rank. Four x curls specials is fucking dumb.

are splash walls and sprinklers inadequate counters?

No sprinkler get insta killed by incidental damage. Right now there are to many exploding type subs/specials and most of them are op and paired with guns that can fill the special bar very fast.

I'm not Swamp, but he was nice to give us a place to verbally shitpost.

What game mode were you on? Cause curly bomb rush sounds like it's zones where they see a lot of use from the aerospray n pray kiddies. What weapon do yoy like to use? Anothwr user or I might knownhow to stop them

please give me (You)s

would splatoon have worked with dragon lolis that shoot fire, light the map on fire and can turn into fire to swim through the fire?

I'll rub (you)r back if (you)'ll rub my back.

Paint is a nice aesthetic

kill (you)rself

Johnson,you're fired.

yeah theres more you can do with paint

You're a good girl and you deserve this you.

Thank (you).

Are you asking cause you wanna make a mod or a ripoff for if splatoon ever dies?

How nostalgic.

It looks cool tho.

What the shit is this? Is this real?

I wonder if we'll see a repeat of the first game's meta. My memory is a bit fuzzy but it went something like
If those phases happen again that'd be nostalgic. I wonder what the next OP weapon will be in this game, does anyone want to guess at it? I think it'll be the gals again

im not that talented, i just like thinking about cool lolis. the gothic lolita thing got me thinking about other styles. and look, user posted a dragon loli immediately after.
was it on purpose? who knows

Maybe it'll be dualies.

Yup. Keyboard for Dragon Quest X. $30. Japan exclusive. Much like the GameCube one that gets posted around.

Sprinklers can't counter anything. They're useful for passively painting areas you don't expect the enemy to be pushing (for special charging, mostly) and not much else. Walls are decent but not as good as bombs (and if used poorly will help enemy bomb users).

The basic problem is that all the specials are balanced to a lower power level except for bomb launcher, which is almost identical to bomb rush from Splatoon 1.

Did they make the octolings in single-player so fucking retarded on purpose? If you throw a robot bomb at them, they fucking stand there and attack it until it kills them. They don't even fucking try to evade it. They also run right into your charger shots.

Splatfest rules clearly state that the winner is declared officially better than the loser.

Git gud.

CALLIE IS THE MAIN VILLAIN OF SPLATOON 2 AND YOU HAVE TO KILL HER OR NUKE INKOPOLIS

Serves you right for trying to save your retarded teammate from his own mistake rather than letting him learn from it.

They'll probably tweak the bomb launcher and sting ray a bit. Sting Ray is still pretty much just "press R to die", especially in Salmon Run.

can you not read?

Marina confirmed for nigger and fake smile.

Funny video, but it's also amusing that all of his criticisms only remain valid if you really, really suck at the game.

what weapon besides aerospray has curling bomb launcher though? serious question im only just hit 10 and i dont know all the weapon sets. if you put the sprinkler higher they wont be able to reach it without using their sub weapon which would suck balls for them and they cant do that while bomb rushing. sure theres still going to be curly braces going all over the place but whats it costing you to mitigate the damage? a shitty ass sting ray is what its costing you. although you could potentially use that to disrupt someones bomb rush if you werent in immediate harms way.
high ground in general is the answer to bombs, especially curly and theres more ways to use it than just a sprinkler. that said yeah bomb rush has gotta be the best special by far.

i just wish i could drop the damn thing, it invites people to bum rush you which has been working to my advantage half the time but theyre just not very smart where i am.

I don't watch Dunkey. It sounds like he sucks at the game or is just pretending to for a laugh.
I agree that lacking the real-time minimap is painful. I'd prefer a minimap in the corner that I can maximize with X rather than just the X map. Maybe I just suck at using the map, but I had a much easier time managing the map on the Wii U.

Sounds like he played 20 minutes of Turf War and then dropped it. Dunkey is super hit-or-miss.

I never got why people like the Luna. How am I supposed to use it? I main rapid blaster if it matters

It used to be just stacking quick respawn and dropping on an enemy. Run from long range fight short range, even if you die it's okay because it's a guaranteed trade and you have quick respawn. Otherwise it's just keep shooting for forever and no one gets close to you without guaranteed trades
Watching a luna play is excrutiating, it's like they're playing a different game. A game where you never have to learn anything more that walk foward and press ZR at things. It makes me appreciate every other weapon that much more for forcing their user to actually play the game

pretty sure its tongue in cheek, literally none of his last few reviews have been serious

Apparently not.

user you know full well that inner-city education is shit, and what little knowledge summerfaggots absorb gets washed out the second their mothers pic them up from the last day of school.

Apparently the Luna uses twice as much ink per shot now, so that along with the quick respawn nerf should hopefully put an end to that kind of cancer.

Thank goodness. I got so tired of fighting lunas so much. Although, to be fair, I'm more worried about the clash blaster now. It can't kill on one, so I don't have to worry about getting lucked or twitched on and killed in one clear shot, but I'm certain it'll be super annoying to have clash spam on zones or tc

I assumed he might have been. I've seen a couple of his videos and it seems like being retarded is kind of his schtick (not that it's a bad thing; he's pretty funny from what I've seen). His Captcha video is gold.

I can't tell if he's parodying the critics or if he's seriously blaming the game for his own lack of skill.

But Knack 2 though

GooToober looks pretty decent

But the 4k scope will reign king for Moray Towers

BAMBOOZLER WHEN?

Did the devs finally nerf the E-Litre so lazy faggots can't just sit on ledges overlooking choke points and the objective and rack up easy kills unless the enemy team have their own E-Litre?

Missed salmon run today because of work. Still have to go back to finish paper work. I guess I can try to finish up getting the hero roller today. Are there any stat difference between hero weapons and normal weapons? I think in Splatoon there was maybe a tiny attack increase. Could be wrong.

Apparently the range is a little shorter and the E-litre's faggiest aspect, close-range burst bomb spam, is made a lot worse by damage up being removed and the e-litre not actually having burst bombs anymore.

also maps themselves have less choke points

i dont think there was a difference in the first game. and theyre said to be identical this time around too.

Can it still kill with a partial charge? I know that's no longer possible for standard charger thanks to damage up being gone, but e-liter used to be able to do it without damage up.

Surprised they didn't nerf the team mates super jumping to the sniper when in scope or at all.
With the issue being, the sniper denies the your team at long range and when you splat the other opposing 3 team mates (if their distraction hasn't caused you to be killed by the sniper already) they just super jump back to the snipers location to get back into the fight very quickly

levels dont matter they said
matchaking in splatoon is balanced they said

just grind more lma0

thank god I fucking grinded out the ticket exploit so I can leave this godforsaken place sooner than normal and with help from a 2x xp ticket from salmon run

So Im B rank across the board for all game modes. Going for a Symmetry rank so I don't faulter in either or game mode. I kinda wanna be decent at all of them so Im aiming for S+ for all 3

But Jesus fuck its annoyig to be the only good player on a all 3 man Aeryospray

just get the S+ meme on one of them because splat zone is a meme mode

Never did any Smurfing back in the day, so getting to experience the low ranks again is simultaneously amazing and infuriating.

How do I respond?

"if my dick is hard, I play hard"

I whip out my dick and fuck her vagina

Tell her the truth.

The girl character or the person who's asking you?

Both if possible

I like you, user. You're a go getter with determination.

Time to admit it.

Girl inkling is the iconic splatoon character.
What are they, sexist?

So I just beat the story mode and captured all the sunken scrolls.

So, did Callie run off and become an interior decorator simply because she couldn't handle fame?

Wow… People still get upset for playing a character who's not the same sex as you in current year plus plus? Then again I'm on Holla Forums…

So I had a crazy dream where I get to storyboard an episode of Splatoon. Not the corocoro anime. It was more in an abstract animation style like Samurai Jack. I also had to pick (((localized))) names for the new cast of inklings. Noteably the orange hair girl and the blue hair boy. Blue hair boy was named Jet, forgot his Japanese name. Dunno what to name the girl.

Synopsis of plot is you're watching a documentary by the Squid Research Labs recording turf war matches until they find an inkling photographer with no ink sac to join turf war. You follow inkling who's new to Inkopolis and see her interact with the various supporting cast. Then she drops her camera down a squid hole by accident and meets good ol' cap'n keeping an eye on the gate to Octo Valley. Pretty sure plot similar to the first game follows.

And I needed to name a band of mischief Octarians who's role is similar to Team Rocket. They are lead by a new Octoling recruit possibly as inexperienced as inkling girl who's task is to steal the gate-keeper's zapfish which has the key to open the gate between Inkopolis and Octopia.

When combined with the borderless visual style seen in official artwork, that actually sounds kinda comfy.

Samurai Jack has it's origins in the Little Prince and the Eight-headed Dragon. It could work with Splatoon's squishy inky character designs and Octopia set pieces.

the orange girl is named xXSpL4T-M4ST3rXx

I bought this piece of crap yesterday.

Too bad I have no friends to talk to.

How is it? Would you recommend it?

Hard to say. I haven't used it as a microphone.

Although as a Splatoon-themed headphone, it's not bad. The mic piece can be detached and you can use the headphones to listen to music or other shit.

The splitter packed in with it is only meant to be used when you're wanting to do voice chat in online gaming while in tabletop or handheld mode, which means you're most likely outside the house. This is too impractical to do on the go, even on a plane. I doubt I'll get much use out of it.

I'm not very good at this game, but damn this is satisfying.

What's the best sensitivity setting, by the way? I have stick sensitivity all the way up and motion all the way down.

i havent seen his videos in ages. it seems he did just put out a video talking about half assed reviews though. makes ya wonder.

i tried playing with higher gyro sensitivity because i wanna make short range work and that requires some fancy footwork but it felt unnatural and i went back to -1 (default) like a babby, i dont think id be happy turning it down either though.

oh so their amiibos do summon squid sisters if you beat the game? lovely.

Holy fuck Nintendo is clueless with their archaic fucking online system

It's hard to tell how often they're just pretending to be retarded in order to have more control over things, and how often they just genuinely can't figure out how to make good online systems. Come to think of it, how many Jap companies have good online systems/netcode? I've heard Sega is competent, but nothing else. Sage for off-topic.

I got BLACKED by Splatoon

i want to kiss an inkling so bad it hurts

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/890861058230853637/photo/1

this is torture. why am i in a world where i cant hug a squid? id even hug an octopus at this point.

What, is it cuckshit? Why would your dick explode from cuckshit?

Has he ever drawn that?

woomy wam wam wozzle

Neat.

Why is this game so Gyaru?

Thank goodness the starting outfit is modern contemporary, but everything beyond that is just gaudy and often gauche.

so what would have happened if their roles were reversed for the final boss? would callie have had to pick up a charger and miss like 6 times before hitting the glasses? would she have jumped off the truck and rolled over marie, or used a dynamo and knocked her off the stage with a tidal wave?

her headphones flashing red makes it look like shes blushing so heavily, and that expression oh my god. this is a perfect screenshot, well done user.

This… is incredible.
The Dual Squelcher was absolutely 100% my weapon in Splatoon 1. I've been doing miserably in Splatoon 2 without it, and only recovered about half of my power with the regular Jet Squelcher.

If this is anything like the old one, but with the OP dodge roll and missiles, I'm about to become death incarnate.

i love how when shes firing them she holds them together like theyre the old one. its adorable

That's just the animation for the focus fire on Dualies.

Just because you have cerebral palsy doesn't mean that climbing a flight of stairs is too difficult.

The main issue is a lack of cohesive design, and the functions found on the app should also be on splatoon's main site as well.

This "lack of a cohesive design" didn't stop me. The SplatNet 2 app literally functions like any regular app. There's a shopping icon on the top right corner that you tap, and you're lead to the Cooler Heads online shop.

Maybe there should be a way to access these features through a desktop web browser, but the process isn't as convoluted or needlessly difficult so long as you have a smart device.

And unless you're some sort of Sub-Saharan hut dweller or a foil-wearing paranoid schizo who fears the government spying on them through hidden cameras, having access to a smart device shouldn't be a problem.

Speaking of, what's exclusive to the web store? Is it just regular gear with different main stats?

maybe you can buy annies panties theyd be headgear of course

user they say a sign of autism is being unable to see things from another's perspective. How am I supposed to know something I've had no experience with before, and was never given any clear instruction for?

So is that squid wigger thats short the only one that can do white ink? Because isnt hair color the color of your ink and since she is the only one that has white hair, that means her ink is white right?

Would that be ink resistance, or faster refill?

I've actually found it incredibly useful there - it's prevented a team wipe on multiple occasions. The main thing is finding a safe place to use it. Obviously, if you're anywhere you can be swarmed by Small Fry it's a bad idea, but under the right circumstances it's a godsend. Especially in the quite frequent occasions that one of those tower bosses that also have Sting Ray shows up in the far corner of the map: your Sting Ray can take it out without you having to waste time going over there.
Plus Sting Ray can quickly take out ANYTHING, even the bosses that normally require special procedures (the armoured ones, the flying one where you have to throw bombs in its missile launchers, and that damn bomb-throwing thing.)

One of the many reasons Salmon Run is so great is because it forces you to git gud at many game fundamentals, like working with your team using the limited communication tools available to you and learning how ALL the weapons work, even the ones you don't like using. I still hate the sniper rifle, but at least I now know a few tactics for when I'm forced to use it. (Thankfully, Salmonids don't dodge nearly as well as online players do.)

Snipers are less of a pain than they were in the original Splatoon, thanks to some of the new specials. Inkstorm can make their perch very uncomfortable, or better yet, fire missiles at them. (I swear multiple snipers have just sat there and got killed - I presume if they're scoping they can't see the incoming missile warning.)

I can't believe I made it to profreshional without noticing that.

I need lewds
WHERE ARE THE LEWDS

Salmon run would be more fun if it wasn't filled with retards who don't understand suppressive fire. Summer will be over soon enough though, thank christ.

I am playing with actual retards, gatling and blaster wouldnt bother targeting the gunslinger and paintbrush got downed 5 times in the first round. 4 of those eggs were me as the Gatling focused fire on the front of the little car cunt the whole round and ignored everything else as he was stunned and nobody but me picked up eggs even as I called them from two bosses I soloed for half the fucking round

I feel you're fucking pain man
I FINALLY got out of part-time hell just to immediately get paired with mongoloid after mongoloid and send me straight back into it
we had SECONDS left in a round before our last man standing decided he was going to take on the swarm of bosses by himself
you can imagine how fucking well that went

I imagine the Inklings who have manage the Grizzco building opening the gate and see all these Inklings just piling up in front of the damn place, in squid form, all waiting to get in, staring at the poor sap who decided to intern at the place every time Salmon Run is even open.

I can't even begin to imagine caring about the story of Splatoon.

Just saw another amazing use for Sting Ray in Salmon Run: Mothership.

What a beautiful motherfucker

Salmon Run is a nice change of pace from the regular game, and I like how it balances out the other modes, especially since they cleverly made it give you bonuses that are useful in the main game.

It does kinda suck that the maps are so limited though. I hope they patch in a few more in the inevitable updates.

Guys, we should crash an Octarian splatfest. Most Octarians are too weak to move around without machines. So Octarians have Mad Max style derbies with giant Octobosses n giant robots n shit.

You think splatoon has gotten big enough where they can make their own version of racing games and party games?

Imagine a splatoon racing game where you race around in squid form and use powerups mario kart style or a splatoon version of mario party

(I applaud your taste in anime girls, Mein Fuhrer)
Splatoon's definitely become a big deal, and is clearly one of Nintendo's tentpole franchises. At the very least, the Inklings are 100% guaranteed to be included in some way in the next Smash, and are already playable (complete with a Splatoon stage) in Mario Kart 8.1 on the Switch.
But spinoffs of its own? That might be going a bit too far.

If they were to do something like that, I'd rather they be minigames within a "main" Splatoon title. (Squid Racing was already an 8-bit minigame in the original game - I'd love to see it become a "real" sport played in an actual 3D arena as one of the game modes.)

How will inking the roads and "splashing" other vehicles work in context of gameplay?

I thought they'd be able to speed around in squid form while on top of all this ink, and pick up weapons along the way like the ability to transform into a kraken like the roller, or get speed gear that increases your speed temporarily. Im honestly just thinking mario kart with squids

god damn why can't i ever get close/intense games. it's always a stomp from the enemy or rarely a stomp from my team

Fucking fuck I hate it when this set is used for salmon run. Fucking impossible to win with random with this shit set.

We surprisingly did quite well, 4 of us grouping up in mumble, I got to 175% pay grade.

Perhaps a simple mobile game to test the waters? Dena has to be doing something aside from smr and that other one.

Yes, actually. Splatoon 2 sold around 671k in Japan in its first three days alone, well over Zelda and Mario Kart 8.1's lifetime sales, and when the number of Switches in Japan is just under 1.2 million. I wouldn't be shocked if it broke a million in Japan before October, let alone the end of the year, and like said, they're practically guaranteed to be in Smash, otherwise I'd wonder what the hell Sakurai is smoking.

As for spin-offs, a racing game might be the logical choice, and could work really well with the ink mechanics, but the franchise is barely 2 years old. It's a bit early to think about spin-offs right now.

damnit man have some self control

At first I was squidposting about the Octarian derby thing but now I kinda wanna se that as a game. On one hand the game will be Octarian themed. On the other hand there would be a bizzare range of vehicles classes from speedsters, to tanks, to artillery weapons. The Splash Derby would be the game's version of turf wars. Then we'll get into the specific skill courses for ranked like stunt mode and racing. Wipeout meets Mario Kart meets Twisted Metal.

Mechanically we could give the game two resource bars: fuel and ink. Ink is what you use to cover the track and powers your main weapon. In your team's ink you maneuver better. In enemy ink it slows you down and hinders you. Fuel is electricity which you use to power your vehicle and use your boosters for maneuvers. When you crash or get destroyed you don't automatically lose. Instead you exoend power/fuel to repair your vehicle and bring it online. The more power, the faster the repair. Just brainstorming as things come to mind.

Hm… logically, since it'd be a free-for-all, I imagine everyone would have the same ink colour and the road would be "pre-inked"; weapons would be of an opposite ink colour that, just like in Mario Kart, would create hazards that would inconvenience EVERYONE. (Even the player who launched it, if they complete a lap and its still there.)

Imagine dropping a Splat Bomb on the track behind you. The squid chasing you manages to dodge it before it explodes, but the inky mess it made is still on the track, slowing down and inconveniencing anyone else who follows. Come to think of it, a lot of the Splatoon subweapons translate to a Mario Kart-ish context very well. Imagine how horrible something like a Splash Wall would be to drive into.. and Seekers pretty much ARE Red Shells already.

Alternately, you could just create a "foot race" using the exact existing Splatoon mechanics and it could be one hell of a fun minigame.

I've had some good games already this run. Teamwork is especially essential with a quirky weapon set like this one, though.
It was nice having "easy mode" the other day when all the options were rapid-fire guns.

Wow. Everyone fuggin derped on the firefly blitz. Instead of covering the guy who was covered in flies they split and raided the eggs. What retards.

Splatoon spinoffs are definitely going to happen, but they're not going to be party games. There will probably be some shitty phone game or at best something similar to what they did to pikmin on the 3DS

That being said, seeing Inklings in all future Nintendo party games is likely.

That makes sense, but as a charger user, I'm most comfortable with fine-tuned aiming. I shouldn't normally need a wide swing unless I'm fucking something up. I'm wondering if I just suck though

Did you not watch any of the Nintendo Directs? You didn't seriously buy the game completely blind without doing any research, did you?

I mean, people have been complaining for years that Nintendo games do far too much handholding through tutorials to the point where it gets in the way of fun, but apparently you're justifying their decisions to make it that way.

Not only that, but you could have also looked at the electronic instruction manual in-game that could have told you more than any inspecific google search could have.

Yes, you are retarded, and you have no one but to blame but yourself. Try again.

I agree with the whole handholding thing, I got Sun and Moon thinking it was going to be fun and what I got was a game where your rival chooses a pokemon who's weak to your type, barely has a full roster of pokemon and are so terrible you pretty much can't lose a fight unless you're pretty bad at the game.

i got lucky with my first fire glowfly round, i was it off the bat and everyone knew what they were doing so i had plenty of time to realize what it was about. we got 50+ eggs and all we had to do was stick together.

i dont think it would ever get made but i had an idea bouncing around in my head of a game where you manage underground octarian life. keeping them comfortable and alive. a lot of the bots and vehicles you encounter in singleplayer seem like they would have practical uses. such as the torpedo dogs being used for search and rescue or flooders being able to traverse flooded streets while quickly re-inking them after the crisis is over. if theres one big hazard i think the octarians might have to deal with its water, which might have something to do with why theyre so interested in defying gravity. necessity is the mother of innovation.

maybe not, but theres no reason it couldnt be party games. like half of a squids life involves partying. and while i havent bought a mario party game in over a decade put a squid kid on there and i will seriously consquider it. make the squid sisters the announcers on a splatfest board and it will tug my heart until i own it to acquire some kind of warm feeling.
theres like a thousand minigames you could make involving ink, paint and squid.
considering the direction mario kart 8 took i fully expect some crossover levels and games in mario party.

what id really like to see though is appearances in mario golf. that series has always been near and dear to me, and the most recent games have been lacking in lolis this would alleviate that. and with pangya having shut down which i sadly never tried, the loli golfing genre has been adrift at sea.

Hey Fun Fact if anyone wants an EZ way to win rianmaker on Sturgeon Ship Yard
Theres a Pathway that lets you by the enemy base near the goal point. Its at the very beginning of where the rainmaker Spawns That Tiny block to the left side(Its one block) carries you to a spinning platform. With a decent amount of swim speed you can make it and get an Easy 10 distance to the enemy side. Its an Easy Knock out

Sales or no sales, it's not a firmly established Nintendo series.

It's getting there, and we might see some spinoff games 3-5 years in the future, but in the foreseeable future? Nah.

is the splattershot in splatoon 2 based off of any irl super soaker or is it an original thing?

as much as i dont like how they have marina bully pearl somewhat often, the splatfest banter is top notch. the fire in these girls lights up and they come to life. i guess pearl just doesnt give a shit until splatfest rolls around.
if i had more time to get to know them such as the singleplayer dialogue in the first game for callie and marie then im sure id warm up to them a lot faster.

squids just arent very firm, you know? well, i expect to see some spinoff games in the switchs life time for sure.

Looks like some cheap Chinese knockoff with shitty build quality instead of the superior Super Soaker 50 looking motherfucker in the first game. I'm fairly certain there wasn't a Super Soaker model that looked like that, no. I miss my childhood

Get yourself checked for autism, user. Not everyone who buys a game researches things online, not everyone reads instruction manuals.
Why? Because every company out there has made their games and online services accessible, it is easy to find out where additional content is because they explain it clearly.
Nintendo did not, and the entire process was a clusterfuck. I do not know why you even want to defend something like this, but you are.

I have never felt this goddamn invincible with this shit. I swear to god at one point we were a team of three vs four and I killed so many enemies we won easily. I have several times reached more than 20 kills in a game. This is even frightening how hard I'm demolishing the opposite teams.

sprinklers can be like dealing with a whole extra player for people using short ranged weapons. in splatoon 1, 96gal had sprinkler echolocator, and with its great range often allowed me to do exactly as you describe.

as for the sting ray yeah it sucks, but consider that when youre not firing it you can see enemies through walls. sometimes i wish i could just ping them once and drop the thing, its really gotta be the last special anyone would want on the heavy splatling but theres certainly ways to make the most of it.

At high ranks against a team worth a damn sprattling can become the one of the worse weapons in game. It has its moments, and some maps favor it. But over all it's not great. In high rank splat zones it's rubbish as you get more and more teams bomb spaming. A splat zone can be turned in seconds by a team coordinating culry and suction bomb spam. Splattting brings nothing to this. As you get higher you get more players that know not to engage a splatting at range. They know how to get in your face. In sudden close face to face duels splatting loses. Splatting is my main, was in splatoon1. But unless it gets a special change to get really high I'm going to have to change else it starts to feel like your team is carrying you as it becomes all about the sub/specials.

it says ink armor blocks one hit, but this doesnt seem to be the case at all. it seems more like an extra layer of health, or am i looking at it wrong? perhaps in the time its 'casting' you are invincible? or maybe, once it finishes applying it heals you to full so it just seems like an extra life?

It does but there is a pause when you activate it. Also some guns fire so fast it's hard to tell. Many use it for the instant ink refill.

i think i read somewhere that it adds around 30 hp. also special power up lengthens the duration not the health granted. if so.. most guns it should be +1 or 2 hits.

Ink Armor is basically a second health bar that works independently from your normal one, and it can block multiple hits before breaking.
You're not invincible while it's being applied, and it doesn't give back any normal health (ie. you can be in critical health and have full armor).

currently murch is offering to scrub splatfest tees for a measly 2k dosh. scrubbing gear is one way to get chunks if you werent aware.

OCTO'D

I'm sorry user.
It's terminal

It's as close to this as any other.

youre the man! that brace is a dead giveaway, thats probably it.

Is it really so retarded? Because I've legitimately had people do that in turf wars.

Dunkey is right
the game is not about splatting other squidnigs
its about spraying ink everywhere in order to win

I've found that there are 3 rounds in particular most teams don't know how to deal with:

It's really fucking retarded because the answers are so fucking simple. In order,
I know this shit like the back of my hand at this point, but I regret every time one of these rounds comes up because I already know my team can't handle it by their performance in previous rounds. Also I usually get stuck with the worst weapon for the job, like roller for mothership, or brush for cohort rush or some shit. It's like the game knows.

Except that's wrong because turf wars is the only non-competitive mode in the game.

Gas the Octos. Turf war now.

Is it so much to ask that ANYONE in salmon run actually know what they're doing?

I do and we can duo if you want.

well, the weapons are kinda shitty today so i dont expect that much. i just wish people were more liberal with their specials, especially when it comes to sniping the damn flyfishes

The only issue that I have with Salmon Run is that it's not hard enough.

You fucker, play longer, get to a higher rank and then come back to us. Get you shit wrecked in again and again and then we'll talk.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I HATE THIS NEW RANKING SYSTEM SO MUCH!! I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS SALTY SINCE FUCKING S+ AND YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY!? BECAUSE I'M IN B FUCKING MINUS HAVING TO PLAY JUST AS HARD AS I DID IN THAT HELL!!!! IN B MOTHER FUCKING MINUS!!!! THIS GODDAMN FUCKED UP SPLAT POWER SADDLES ME WITH FUCKING RETARDS WHO ARE OUTPLAYED BY ANY ONE OF THEIR TEAM!!! THE MOMENT I DIE MY TEAM LOSES A FUCKING LOAD OF POINTS!!!! I WISH I WAS MAKING THIS UP RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

fuck I'm fucking mad

it's just a game user

lol just get good ;^)

I've seen one picture of this, and that was in this thread

Had another Splatoon-related dream. Squid Sisters, Off the Hook, and a group of inklings and random octoling were having a sleep over watching a schlock horror film. Film was about a genetic monster made from splicing a salmonid and zapfish. Callie, Pearl, and two inklings were screaming at the TV. Marie, Marina, an inkling, and the octoling were criticizing the film. Apparently Marina and octoling both confirmed that salmonid and zapfish crossbreeds were impossible because Octarian scientists tried breeding them before.

Hard to do when its summer and one has a 90% chance of being grouped with retarded 12yos.

I'm not following this. Why are headpats and fanservice too much for NoA, yet spats and blatant innuendo get by just fine in a game about squid lolis?

Because its ok when treehouse does it.

Because Treehouse are sexually frustrated SJWs who both hate anything sexual and degrading but wanna slip in "undertones" anyway to give themselves a sense of satisfaction. Or rather it's just to piss people off.

i wonder why there isnt any art of the cosmic horror that is ink armor for situations like this?

behave yourself marina

splatoon has been a series of exceptions and surprises. enjoy this warm ray of light

Got any more?

No wonder the people he's playing with are shit.
He's playing with a contrarian e-celeb with shit taste in music.

No one in this thread is stupid enough to not know that hopefully, but its too tempting not to take the line out of context when Marina is making that face.

But more importantly, do you know of any other zingers from Dunkey? I want to see how inept one man can be and I don't have time to sort through all of his "work".

Inside was his GOTY for 2016, and one of his favorite game series of all time is Uncharted.

Dunkey is pretty cool dude actually. He is just raised on pc shooters so splatoon is definitely not up his alley. His more serious reviews are actually worth watching.

Reminder that Splat Bomb special, Jetpack, and maybe Sting Ray (not sure, haven't tried it yet but I hear it crushes anything) will work wonders on Flyfish.

My biggest issue is no one fucking prioritizes which boss they go after first. For the love of God, drop those umbrella guys and/or Flyfish ASAP before they ink the whole fucking field you tards. Also, if you could switch focus from trash mobs on the other end of the map to helping with these saucer and snake bosses (can't remember the names) that are wrecking the place, that'd be great too…even if it's just to keep the trash off the guys wielding boss-killer weapons like the Splatling or Charger. That would just be swell.

Dunkey is good for a laugh, but if you find yourself agreeing with any of his opinions it's just coincidence. He has mostly shit ones, and only happens to be right by accident.

To this day I'm convinced he still secretly plays League of Legends and his video where he said he quit is just an elaborate joke.

His review on TLoU was pretty truthful, but then he pussied out and wrote a comment where he said he now likes the game.

I predict Ketchup will win if only because this shit has turned in the Great Waifu War. Very few folks on my friend list picked Mayo and I'm sure it's because they fantasize about getting in Marina's octopussy.

I guess I'll be protecting Pearl's mayo-covered smile largely alone. But not for Pearl, I just think Mayo is the better condiment. Mmm…imagine using it for lube to fuck Marina with.

You're basically retarded.

Ketchup is good, but its so overpowering its main use is to make shitty foot taste good. Mayo on the other hand is gods gift to burgers. Make a burger, put mayo and a bit of freshly ground pepper on the bottom bun and the juices of the burger will mix with the mayo to make form a boner inducing sauce

That's why he said "mostly" shit opinions.

Indeed. Ketchup has its uses, like fries and onion rings and whatnot. Mayo is clearly the most versatile sauce, though.

Maybe it's not even the waifu shit, just the game is full of children and manchildren who drown everything in ketchup. Pic related.

as long as were on the subject. youtube.com/watch?v=Ma9PFYjuYo4
cant embed it and upload images at the same time, but its a compilation of mostly dirty jokes from animaniacs

with this image we can conclude marina likes to take her time during lovemaking and doesnt like people who just go straight for the pussy. or maybe she likes it up the ass.

thats why its innutendo and not just outright saying she would rather lick penis. its not that unusual, this sort of thing happens with some frequency in family friendly things.
other than that, lotsa people wanna embrace that octopus, fanservice absolutely sells and now we have dialog of her complaining about a taste in her mouth and licking something dirty. they probably know what they did, but really i cant pretend to fully understand their thought process.

i didnt know rocket man worked on flyfish, thats great to know. i could have sworn i knocked a wing off once, but i spent the rest of the duration shooting the fly fish to no avail. i shrugged it off any never tried it again.

its a huge deal, the reach and damage output on a splatling means they can deal with bosses before theyre a problem, but having to turn to face a bunch of small fry might just mean their vulnerability phase will be over and theyll gain that much more ground, all the while more bosses are spawning.

well, after that dialogue theyre going to be day dreaming about choctopussy even harder.

personally i prefer the mayo on the top bun to go with the tomato. somehow mayonnaise makes raw tomatoes taste better. in general i prefer mayo, it just has more uses overall but for burgers if i had to choose ketchup or mayo and couldnt have both, id probably go with ketchup. it surprises me.
maybe youre right about making shitty food taste better and the burgers i get suck.

Ketchup and Mayo are both disgusting. Mustard is the white man's sauce.

(((White))) nice try chink

make your case

u fuckin wot

Sauerkraut and horseradish master race, all of you pussies get the fuck out of my country.

people like this need to be publicly shot

Yep. Shoot the inkwad directly into each open missile launcher. I've taken down 2 Flyfish faster than I could have 1 with any other method. Bonus: you don't have to worry about smallfry pushing your shit in while trying to aim bombs. God-tier Salmon Run special, imo.

Who the fuck eats steak with ketchup. Holy fuck thats awful.
Mayo better win.

With roller I try to prioritize trying to keep my companions alive hoping they can kill the bosses. Most of the time they're retards who are busy killing littleguys and forgetting about flyfish and brellas.

Speaking of brellas. If I can't kill brella due to distance then I try to hit the rain missile before it goes off. It doesn't take maybe one or three hits which is about a second. But keeping the field clean at third round seems to be essential for egg hauling.

Marina happened to have ice cream. And I liked sea-salt ice cream better than my favorite carrot cake. I'm voting mayo this time because catsup's good for chili cheese fries, omlete and rice, and that's it. Mayo to me is more versatile as a condiment for salads, sandwiches, and other things. Guess as long as I vote for what I want I can't be a waifu cuck.
My waifu is Erim, Sinistral of Death. No squid sister or chocolate octo can replace her.

I thought anal was suppose to be for after sex. You know because you don't want your possibly poo covered dick inside the baby making place.

Dubs of truth.

There's no barbecue, tartar, nor teriyaki sauce options. I like those more than mayo and catsup personally. So I'm picking my more favorite condiment at the moment.

Why couldn't splatfest be Soy Sauce vs. Tartar Sauce?

Well to be honest if you don't give a shit about A or B then it's a valid response. If you say it because you want to be a special snowflake on the other hand, I agree completely.

Honestly jetpack is so fucking good compared t othe others it's almost pointless to get any of the others.

I've realized that they've been giving all the common likes to Marina so far. Probably to make people like the nig nog better than the superior pearl.

Splashdown is only good in SR if you fuck up and get surrounded by trash mobs. You can't kill bosses with it very well so that limits its usefulness.

I killed three steel eels with a scrapper with splashdown once.

its the only real oh shit button in that mode. but it can work. ive double killed some steel eels with it but they may have already been damaged.

Oh well in SR, sure, I though we were talking about turf war and ranked

Topical

Fucking Eurofags

Can you consistently do that? If you can, then more power to you, but I'm betting more people can get better results with a Jetpack. Nonetheless, I don't even see people utilizing their specials at all, which is a shame.

On a side note, Spike's living the dream. Shitposting while living off his immense empire of clothing retrieval

He must have blown it all on urchin drugs or something because he's working for Annie. Check the scroll that has her ad, it says "orders delivered by Spyke". I think he's waiting for orders to come in via email or something.

This splatfest topic isn't inflammatory enough for me. I have no strong opinion on ketchup vs mayo so I'm just going with the waifu.

By which you mean Pearl right

I can agree ink jet is more useful. It was dumb luck I survived really. Splashdown can be used to quick revive team mates once they're floating their lifelines. And if they're smart. They'll take advantage of their invincibility.

This should be good for Spyke and Murch. Annie giving Spyke a place to hang keeps him out of trouble which keeps Much out of trouble. The only hell shoukd be dealing with clownfish.

i gotta say at first i preferred marina because shy big tiddied octo-girl, but pearl's growing on me.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU UNLOCK THE SCHOOLGIRL COSTUME WITH THE AMIIBO IN S2?

Use the S1 Inkling Amiibo, play a couple matches (until around level 5-6), then save your equipment and talk to her again.

Repeated uses with leveling inbetween.

Random Thought: Based off these 2 splatfests, future events will be more food/color related than the Splat 1 events which were more typical opposites.

Splatfest world primer was Mint Ice Cream vs. Strawberry Cake Filling color wise, Ketchup vs. Mayo

/Autistic ramblings

they had rock vs pop in ninja country

Forgot about that. It seems Ketchup Vs. Mayo is global though…which is even more confusing

This anti mustard/relish propaganda will not stand!

I bet the octolings did this.

Only had time to do a few of these right now. Dunno what the deal with the bird is but it was at least well made so I kept it

So am I and everyone I get matched with retarded, or does the current Salmon Run weapon set suck complete and total balls? The only one that's half-decent is the Roller because you can just steamroll groups of the small guys. Brushes are garbage, you use up your whole ink tank trying to take out one of the bigger guys who isn't even a boss. The charge time required for Splatling fucks you if the salmon are up your ass and there's no getaway route. Blaster is a shit weapon I'd never choose to use and especially not against multiple enemies at once. Hot fucking garbage. I've never lost so often during a salmon run period, I've gone down 3 pay grades from my usual.

I find brush useful for breaking through ink and stealing eggs. Otherwise I use bombs for offensive power.

Try being a new player in Splatoon 1. Everyone around me is smurfing, and the learning curve is absurd. From C- rank, 90% of the players I've been with have been Japanese players with alt accounts. Two weeks of ranked play and I can't get past B rank.

Welcome to the thread, Putz

Be strong squids, summer will end and the tards will go back to middle school soon enough. Image hidden for those who dislike gigathicc and neon coloring

Funny thing is I got three friend invites from this game and I declined them all.

DELETE THIS

Fresh bread

You're really new, huh.

Let's work on a copypasta OP that isn't shit while thread is still up.

Says the slowcuck who couldn't type fast enough. The common hotpocket is minutes away from an artery collapse and have let multiple threads stay up before.

The one up there is solid –these newsquids just need to use the information and improve upon it when its necessary.

Blow it out your ass and get with the program.

It's a start. Just needs to be less "gay" and link to previous thread. Maybe have more information.

Also I'm thinking of the theme to be "down to business" for Salmon Run.

Not sure how to do bullets but here's a test.

Topic: Splatoon General: Down to Business

"Right on time kid. I got a job for you."

First thing's first.

SPLATFEST ANNOUNCEMENT
MAYO OR KETCHUP!?
Pick your side in this clash of condiments to settle which is the best burger sauce the first weekend of August.
I don't care what garbage you eat as long as you don't call in sick. Bring me more eggs.

HOW FRESH ARE YOU?
HOW RANKED ARE YOU?
WHAT'S YOUR PAY GRADE?
HAVE YOU BEEN LOOTING ME MORE EGGS?

———————————————

Discord is unprofessional and is used by bankrupt egg harvesters. Instead join our Mumble server for Squid Squad voicechat (usually Friday & Saturday):
swamp.li - Port: 64738 - "Swamp Vidya" -> "Splatoon"

———————————————

>>>/smek/ has passed away. My condolences to the survivors. May you rest in peace.

———————————————

UPDATE INFORMATION:

-If you updated your game you won't be able to do the infinite spawning food ticket exploit.
-Fine, you can #squidpost here. Just don't do it on the job or else we'll confiscate your smart phone.
-Next Salmon Run begins 7/30 and 8/1. Check game for local times.

Shit. I fuged the formatting. I'm tweaking it up now.

I know who wrote this, now

In Inkopolis when Judd isn't calling matches I always imagine him as the generally good general advice guy. Apparently Ikanese (or Inklish) translates well enough into Japanese (English) for the viewers at home. I also imagine Judd as a military history professor. While professional splat league players beg for his knowledge, Judd declines. Instead it's only the new squids on the block that Judd gives advice to. Probably out of a Grandfather complex Judd helps the new players. I think Judd Jr. really helps put old Judd to ease. It's nice to know you have a son to pass on your knowledge to.

Part of the joy of Salmon Run is being forced to use weapons you never use, and learning how to adjust your playstyle accordingly. Don't say "this weapon is complete shit", ask yourself "WHY is this weapon complete shit, and how can I use it so that it won't be?"

Splatling is god tier if you have time to charge it before the enemy wave hits you. If you get surrounded, you're going to have a hard time. Try to stick close to the person with the roller, that's a winning combination. The range on it also makes it the perfect weapon to rescue people with - I've seen a "HELP ME" pop up halfway across the platform and managed to hit them with the Splatling.

As for the Brush - yes, it's almost useless as a weapon. Your primary role as the brush user is scout, rescue, and maintain the pathways. A good brush user will make sure there is always a clear ink line from the eggs to the basket, often while carrying an egg at high speed themselves. Also keep in mind that brushwielders are the only ones who can get across those grates next to the top-level basket at top speed - everyone else has to either de-squid or jump, both of which slow you down.

Blaster is great once you realize that it's not a roller. If you are at the correct range relative to the enemy, it is devastating: otherwise it's nearly useless. Learn the range and stick to it. Also, the wide blast radius makes it a great choice to heal fallen teammates.

I enjoyed the challenge of playing with this set, but I'm still really looking forward to a new weapon set that doesn't suck quite so much.

Before Salmon Run closed. Yeah. That's what I learned from the brush. I prefer Octobrush over Inkbrush simply because Octobrush is more broader. But that's my personal preference.

bawk bawk bawk bawkbawkbawkbawk bawk bawk bawk

woomy on a vroomy

i love how the idling engine sounds like a splattershot. everywhere there is squids there is also love

so whats the carbon roller good for? it has such short range to go with mediocre coverage that its easy to bully.

Covering ground, that's it.

Crabon roller a shit until next special set comes out.

Reminder that you can pick up eggs in Salmon Run while dead. Saw way too many people die next to an egg and then shuffle off.

I've also seen a lot of people sit in the same spot they died in and not move or yell for help. Surely no one from here is that dumb, right?

they dont even really seem good at covering ground which is odd because in the first game they did. are they slower now, or maybe the brush is more narrow, or do they consume more ink? it ends up a herculean task filling up the special bar.

Hey (You) check this out

Ranked is a fucking bastard.

why do I need to suffer so much before I can feel joy?

So… How will Inkling's moveset work for Smash?

Here's what I came up with. Make all A-button attacks weapons and B button specials subs except up+B which is Super Jump. Similar to Mega Man Inkling's attacks will all be shooter-based. Unlike Megaman Inkling needs to cover the ground with ink to move faster. Ink spots on the ground last for about 5 seconds before disappearing. This is Smash. Other fighters standing in ink will take gradual damage and they can potentially trip in it.

Neutral A and walking A is Splattershot. Dashing A is a sliding roll with dualies attack that slides on dry ground covering it ink. Down tilt is Inkbrush. Up tilt is again dualies fired in criss-cross ways. Side Smash is Charger. Up smash is Blaster. Down smash is horizontal Roller attack. Neutral air is Splattershot Jr. Forward air and back air is Slosher. Down air is Splatling which can be charged and can let Inkling hover over ground a bit. Up air is umbrella shotgun.

Neutral special is Splatbomb. Hold button and tilt stick to aim. Up special is Super Jump. Down special is Ink Mine. Side special is curling bomb.

All attacks use Ink. So Inkling needs to sink into ink by pressing block. She'll have no guard while in ink but can slip underneath other players. Since ink lasts but a second or three this is temporarily. Also players can hit Inkling while she is hiding in ink. On dry land Inkling's shield is umbrella.

Inkling can grab using her tentacle hair. Her pummel is beating you with the butt of her gun. Inkling will do point-blank attacks with Aerospray, Nozzler, and Bamboozler.

Final Smash is going to either be Ink Strike or Rainmaker. Variant finals will be Ink Jet, Splashdown, Ink Launcher, or Bomb Launcher.

i feel like their side b should be some kind of predator leap where they latch on to you like a facehugger and pet you head with their tentacles. and while their prey is stumbling around they might wander off the stage and theyll both die but the inkling will die slightly afterwards like the bowser suplex. or maybe they should bite people.
for their final smash they should grab you with their tentacles strip you naked and hug you while spyke comes up and steals their clothes. this is especially effective against zero suit samus, who will now have 2 stacks of nudity.

I'm not sure about an exact moveset, but going off the pattern off Sm4sh's newcomers I'd imagine them trying to make the concept of territory control a central part of their character.

Their gimmick would probably be that most of their attacks lay down ink that buffs them and weakens enemies when stepped in. The tradeoff being that they have to manage a limited ink reserve, or else most of their moveset goes kaput until they refill.

i just hope whatever inky gimmick they get doesnt make an aggressive style unfeasible or otherwise so reliant on their ink that they just cant function without it having it break up their battle groove. the concept of a limited ink tank reminds me of nitro carwash's ammo reserve in the toohoo fighter. although i dont think she can refill her ammo.
it would be fun to see squiddos fighting things that dont have their own ink, when its asymmetrical like that it would remind me of fighting zerg with creep everywhere, except the creep is wonderful and vibrant and full of lolis waiting to strike like a crocodile in murky water.
as long as the roller hits like a truck ill be happy. rollers arent my favorite weapons to use, but aesthetically theyre just goddamn hilarious. it would be sure to win many hearts.

Pretty sure ink reserve can last a while. Since the guns have a very short range ink sacks aren't going to go through ink as fast as the main game. Unless you spam specials. Sadly territory control does mean a defensive style. Still with ink it'll cause Fox fags to trip while attempting to wavedash.

i hope they wave dash through a cheese grater

Well with regards to ink, wouldn't Mario's FLUDD, assuming Sakurai keeps it in like he's done before, be a hard counter for Inklings because of it having been used before to clean up goopy shit and Inklings being naturally weak to water (Mario Kart notwithstanding)?

as far as i understand it, the water weakness is more of a pollution weakness. who the fuck put all this turpentine in the water?

At least 2 stages, presumably free, have been mined/leaked. One is set in a skate park and the other is set in a boat. The boat one might actually have part of the stage set in the brig, which would make it feel like Port Mackerel mashed up with Hammerhead Bridge.

You know. Water can be a random counter for Inkling's ink. Water pollution in the ocean is understandable. Shit's probably irradiated as fuck. Same with the rain. For Octopia and Inkopolis they probably use chlorine to keep the water clean. And chlorine is pretty much bleach.

Pretty sure Inklings drink purified water from fountains and water treatment.

Scratch that. Bleach is hydrogen poroxide and sodium and calcium hypochlorates. Different than chlorine.

Doesn't the chlorine in water discourage the layman from drinking from it? I assume it'd be counter intuitive for helping stop pollution in the oceans while also bringing back sealife to some extent, unless you're talking about the pools in Inkopolis itself, in which case wouldn't the chlroine also make it worse for Inklings depending on how much ink is integrated into their body systems (first thing to be affected would be the hair, since that changes color based on ink pigmentation)?

t. Faggot who hasn't studied chemistry in years

Also I'm basing the water weakness off the dialogue from the Hero Mode in Splatoon 1.

You don't drink chlorine from the fountains at Arrowanna mall. Maybe not so much for the pools in Muscleforge. The other write in is that inklings have a self-destruct mechanism to keep them from drowning as their mist ghost finds a spawner.

Should've clarified, I meant with the bodies of water in the various stages, which is why they end up splatted.

That would make sense, but now that opens the question of whether it's truly automatic or whether some unknown figure controls them at will.

Why are we discussing deepest lore shit about water of all things at the end of the thread?

Because water surrounds the tiny islands that Inkopolis resides on. It's the thing keeping Inklings from exploring the world.

So how does not having a mini map like on the Wii-U gamepad work? Is there really no way to look up where your opponents are pushing from anymore?

Press X, and the map appears on screen.

inklingscents.com/shop

im guessing arrowana mall is near the sea and they just let untreated water in for aesthetic purposes and if anyone falls in well, death is such a temporary thing to them that it doesnt bother anyone more than falling down and scraping your knee.
or maybe the water in the stages is actually safe, and instead of willingly having dangerous and inconvenient substances flow through shopping centers and gyms they only explode for the sake of level design. i mean, i doubt falling off of the moray towers would do a damn thing to the inklings, but they poof into mist when falling off.

what are some pollutants you might find in water after industrial earthfucking that might dissolve oil? i think i remember it having something to do with oil in their skin.

we arrived here from smash bros, and marios fludd device or "power douche" if you prefer. and it would be nice to swim with a squid in water since i cant really submerge in shallow ink. of course, i wouldnt want them to explode.

you press x to bring up an overlay and use motion controls to target jump points, or the d"pad" to quickly bring the cursor to teammares or the spawn

It was something to definitely get used to, but it wasn't like I was looking at the map unless I had to use it for placing an ink-strike or super jumping. I didn't need to have access to it all the time.

What is the X button when the coast is clear??

OST still dope.

I'm glad you guys are here for this. May as well double dip.

what are the op weapons currently (I hear a lot of shit about the octobrush), & is it worth buying a physical copy so I can build tickets with the unpatched ticket glitch?

The range buff they made is dumb also its gets easily shat on the Splatershot Pro or 4Liter

Pre Patch sure you can do the ticket grind for a max of 99. I know the Double tickets are hard to find

as far as i know the ticket glitch is only for 50% boost exp tickets but i could be wrong. i dont know if experience tickets help with leveling up gear, i assume they do and if thats the case it would be handy to have a ton of experience boosts for the sake of farming ability chunks.
in the first game money was a huge deal when you were trying to tweak your gear because rerolling costed quite a bit and it wasnt all that likely to get you what you wanted, and while theres new expensive features for this games black market guy, they seem to be for your convenience/cutting down frustrating rng grinding so money might not be quite as huge of a deal. in fact after the splatfest was announced in game the black market guy offers to scrub splatfest shirts at a whopping 90% discount. scrubbing is essentially resetting the gears secondary slots but you gain chunks which can be used to install what you want if you gather enough of them.
personally i prefer physical copies of games, but its kinda scary to change the cards, i feel like im gonna wear something out with how much resistance there is. how tiny the switch is kind of freaks me out in general though, i hope i underestimate its ruggedness. ive put the wrist straps on backwards several times and it was a bit of a pain to dislodge but it seems no worse for wear. i wouldnt worry that much about the glitch though if its that inconvenient to buy physical or if you just prefer digital.

octobrush doesnt seem op to me but i dont really consider myself skilled enough to be considered a truly reliable figure on this games balance. its perhaps the most comfortable and intuitive of the 'melee' weapons currently while the sub/special weapons it has attached make a lot of sense and round the set out. so by comparison people might call it op because its actually usable where the others are just unwieldy bully magnets.

Wait until new bread. Summerfags will be back to shitposting.

eh. not worth it imho. you get enough from the SP and doing salmon run every once and a while. its mostly for getting weapon unlocks quick and getting into ranked quickly.. single player gives you a double EXP ticked early enough to to get to lvl 10 in once sitting.

hmm i donno…. maybe the aerospray for turfwar and splatzones. blasters for TC? octobrush is pretty good all around but most people get ambushed by it real easy. all the weapons have been nerfed/buffed to being somewhat comparable. only bad thing i've come across so far is the the stinger special. pretty worthless most of the time. maybe land mines too.

once they unlock gear slot expansion, things will start to get interesting.

Anyone got that one post that had the with the text "MOVE IM GAY"

I'll make the next thread.

Agreed.

Fug, forgot embed related.

I'll be in bed before new thread is up. Make sure to give your inklings hugs and kisses before bed. :3

Just hit overachiever in grizzco, and you get demoted if you lose enough games? Starting to hit the difficulty cliff of bad teams and no mic coordination because nintendo are retarded

WHICH ONE OF YOU GLORIOUS BASTARDS WAS THIS?

CALLIEQUEST or mambo # ten(tacles)?

New thread when?

Making it. Hold up

Link to bread pls.

Insomnia is kicking in.

Did you forget about us user?

What about Tony the Tiger?

Also thanks for linking in the old thread user