Team Fortress 2 Vintage: New logo edition

Recent news
VERSION 2R1 RELEASED, LINK IN DOWNLOADS

TF2V, what is it?
TF2V is a "pre-mannconomy" version of TF2 without the visual clutter and bloat. The only QoL additions is Pyro's airblast and the Engineer building carry. As well as additions of stock gamemodes such as Payload, KotH and Arena

Downloads
Full game:
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage

Mirror:
mega.nz/#!uNtD3bKD!BSMkaJkVs8vwBU4iIkNH33xqDfQPMDi_Uco6QALqMMI

github.com/megous/megatools
Then use these, megatools are a set of applications run through CMD to do things such as download from mega. A readme for each exe is included in the package on their site. By default the megadl tool downloads to where it is unless specified.

TF2V GIT REPO
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

DED GAME LOL
The game has been seeing a rise in popularity and with the moddb's page going up and interest increasing it's taking off. Not anywhere near as popular or well known as TF2 yet, but still up there

::Archives::
archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archive.fo/o9dvh
archive.fo/gc3Ni

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
mediafire.com/file/wmvehkcbb2pcpdw/sounds.7z
dropbox.com/s/9ztszq7vzflrtnd/koth_erika_betav2.bsp?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/fxs317l6azdzwqi/koth_erika_betav3.bsp?dl=0
semver.org/
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TfGArtX28DdnFLRzl6SWlfMkk/view?usp=sharing
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v3-rc1
dropbox.com/s/1kmeohadpi2bzzq/koth_erika_betav4.bsp?dl=0
mediafire.com/?9g4vzoazqc1jn61>>13116708
mega.nz/#!ErRxyboS!E04krMgxEwkqDXNLGhLN52rv1Dmge9WS630KeEoq9Sk
my.mixtape.moe/rnlosv.bsp
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SDK_Docs
youtube.com/user/3kliksphilip
youtube.com/user/rocketrascal34
tf2maps.net/forums/tutorials-resources.57/
interlopers.net/tutorials/
worldofleveldesplease
gamebanana.com/maps/download/179404
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/List_of_TF2_console_commands_and_variables
gamebanana.com/maps/download/50116
gamebanana.com/maps/download/138933
gamebanana.com/skins/139161
discord.gg/9yx5mU5
mediafire.com/file/8z8caegev4h68kt/TF2Vintage-master_ZGok_7-30-2017.7z
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOa3VXd2d6NFEtcWM
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUONmhiMXF5VjJVbUk
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOZVRBMVlXVWRiVFE
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOZ25KTUpZRFNoV28
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gXHJCkdUUObEJKY21hLWo5WVE/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOeWZud2IzbHpOUmM
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOTEdoVFhoQXY3a1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.
What you need:
1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam. ( Just in case: mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo or mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
Hash: 3bb2e73-d2d220-698-8376cd-1abbcfa-6781-0ad7f3e )
2. TF2V from OP.
3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.
Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.
Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.
Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.
Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.
That's it, make sure everything works.
You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:
ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help
Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
PlayerName=Anonymous
Self explanatory.
Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.
Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

You fuckboys get in here, i want a repeat of 2fort yesterday

I'll be there

ya' dingus wait 'til the other thread is at page 13
Let's play while we wait.

SERVER
Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN
247 linux box
IP: 74.91.123.198
Located in New York so ping could be acceptable for yuropoors too
Connectable by both no-steam and steam clients
Fastdl and custom maps

working on it. I've added a separate string for "retail" airblast instead of TF2C's version

Just need to set it to replace player velocity. it looks like I need to add 2 new variables though I'm simply naming "TF2_airblast"

if this gets pushed through we should see which one is better

i don't like the new logo

some items were fun and I miss them

also if anyone can help there is a server trying to set itself up for shit like dodgeball but the plugins refuse to work

who the fug is pip and why isn't his server ip listed in either thread

Nigga theres like 3 servers that show up in the server browser anyway

he's a reddit fag who caught a whiff of TF2V and is promptly ruining it with shitty rules

new kid, he tried making his server a 'fun" server at first with shit like dodgeball but we couldn't figure out how to get the plugins to work

This is going to be C&D'ed.
Mark my words.

As much as TF2C did.

Good jokes

Valve gets worse and worse with each passing day. Nintendo and other companies are C&Ding every fan game that comes their way. You think Valve won't see an opportunity here?
I get it. Valve's always promoted community mods. They could change their stance whenever they want, though. I bet they will.

TF2V dev
V2R1 has sounds for airblast broken
For those using older builds with the patches it seems we now know why

Rules like what? I don't actually have the client installed just yet so I can't check myself.

(You)

Server is down for the moment

The pip guy said you can't be mean to each other (calling someone a faggot, fuck you, etc.), dodgeball maps

They do it's gonna blow up in their face. Not only that but it's just gonna kill TF2C too since they admit to using the leaked TF2 source code

FOUND OUT THE REASON WHY AIRBLAST WAS SILENT
V2R1 removes the airblast sound file

FIX
mediafire.com/file/wmvehkcbb2pcpdw/sounds.7z
extract to the root of the vintage folder.

new update when?

hint:
NEVER EVER

BETA V2 OF ERIKA
Spawns are now fixed. Includes hanging demomen.
dropbox.com/s/9ztszq7vzflrtnd/koth_erika_betav2.bsp?dl=0

I never said you can't be mean to each other, I just don't want people to bring all their problems and stuff in here. No yelling at each other for no reason basically, and being mean typically leads to that but I'm hella lenient.

gib ip

It's on the server list every now and then. (like now, using erika v2)

You don't understand.
People using revemu/no(((steam))) cannot use the servers in the server browser.
We NEED the IP in order to join it.
Otherwise the server's population is going to be split apart.

nigger

Pip non-steam clients need an IP to direct connect.

Oh, I didn't know this. Sorry!
86.19.195.143 here!

fug.

That's strange, it's not set to require steam.

NOTES
V2R1 seems to be missing things with others broken. server messages such as leaving don't seem to work on it

Sorry, trying some stuff now. I'm not sure what line I'm missing to let you in. Give it another shot.

rip me

I'm really sorry, give me a little bit of time to figure this out.

I can't figure this out at all, I'm too dumb. Hopefully I'll figure something out but it might be tomorrow before you get to join, sorry again.

If anyone could point me in the direction to make my server non-steam, it'd be appreciated.

You'll have to talk to a guy named Sappykun. His server used to have the same problem until just recently.

hey dev, spy doesnt lift his knife when aiming at enemy backside (neither regular enemies or disguised enemy spies)

wasn't there someone who was good at this?

Sven Co-Op includes all of HL1 for free. If they didn't C&D that why would they C&D this?

No you shouldnt need ip to join, servers with no-steam tag should show up

I'll be away for about a week and a half, I'll miss you guys

What? Why?

Vacationing with family, I hope I don't miss the official gamenight if it comes together soon

So I'm thinking of for now publishing a V3 RC1 as a unofficial V3 till Devanon makes his.

where is their new schedule, anyway?

check >>>/radcorp/

There's still a gap when they have vintage "scheduled" so we can easily power on for an earlier time.

Also my build seems to have broken the tool tips

i mean you guys are always welcome to host something in the off weekends.

come play some tf2 goys

ERIKA BETA VERSION 3 RELEASED
Now with cubemaps, (hopefully) fixed ropes, and custom texture test.
dropbox.com/s/fxs317l6azdzwqi/koth_erika_betav3.bsp?dl=0

Sven asked Valve, and the Half-Life doesn't run independently of the mod because of code changes. You also can't do the campaign with one player in it IIRC.

I heard Cry of Fear's one does though.

anyone playing? late night games?

yes

Do you have the compiled codes for the tf2vintage folder? I'll make a V3 once you're happy with the code for airblast and I can get the files I need to throw in for V3. Once I put up V3 I won't be able to fix up TF2V until late Sunday. I'll be on a business trip.

You can always mod them in

You can play them alone. And did they ask Gearbox if they could use content from Opposing Force and the PS2 character models?

hey niggers, lets play

kill me

Well that wouldn't be the worst thing to put in the game, I know some Spy players who could make really good use of it.

Source 2 port when?

Any of you niggers playing?

Pretty sure some yurofags are online

The way everything is right now it seems fine.

holding off on the airblast for now. only because I need to seriously think about how to implement it. I thought I could just copy the airblast code and switch out the variables as a type of on of switch but there are calls already in use which VBS won't let.

Outside that last build I uploaded should be fine

I'd do it the Valve way for now, there's time for a rework

well right now this is an issue. I broke the strings in the options. it seems to be with the compiled version I did. Gonna try an older build but I could use some help here fixing this

looks like an issue with vgui configs, check those first

I'll look there but if you cna fix it do it

Those strings with '#' at the start are localization strings, they're supposed to refer to a file name "tf2vintage_LANGUAGE", where LANGUAGE is replaced with English, Polish, Chinese, etc. Each file contains definitions localized for their specified language (pic related). Interestingly, I wasn't able to find #TF_autoreload in the german or norwegian language files. 2dfe0b, what language is your computer/steam/TF2 running?

English. I'll take a look on my end. Please keep looking on yours.

Also a bit of fun stuff, those localization files still contain references to unusuals, halloween gamemodes, MvM stuff, TF2C stuff and custom weapon attributes.

I found the file and started cleaning it out. but it seems to be in order.

There's also a lot of Halloween/MvM textures and sounds

MvM in TF2V when :^)

I've been away from these threads for a few days. What's currently in the pipe for the next build?

removal of TF2C strings in favor of TF2V ones
removal of any pointers to DM which will result in a non-functioning gamemode.

Removal of TF2C airblast in favor of the one seen in retail
Addition of making sticky bombs airblastable

I wouldn't be opposed to MvM WAY down the road but it would also necessitate a shit-ton of unsavory unlocks be added back in since most of the content is getting to take uber-upgraded unlocks in for Killing Floortress

I wouldn't mind it either but I'd rather just rebalance MvM around stock weapons

i mean i was mostly baiting because i knew someone would get asspained over me mentioning it. Its not a horrible idea however id rather see stock be finished and polished before decided where TF2V should go from there.

What about turning MvM in something more than a glorified CTF

You could theoretically turn MvM into a dota clone with bots and sentries acting as creeps and towers. It would still be a stupid idea and I would rather play stock-only TF2 though.

I'd rather retool it like L4D's campaign. Each map has 2-3 phases plus a finale. Make 4 maps with each one blending into the next in terms of storymode with the final map and it's sub sections revolving around an assault on Gray Mann's compound

That sounds rad
Players attack, bots defend

That'd be a bit of a challenge and probably result in something more boring, in all honesty. Fewer ways to fuck with the robots or more readily prevent them from getting to where they're supposed to be going.

Hell of an undertaking but that would be worth playing.

and can we actually make it GREY robots vs RED and BLU working together? the biggest dissapointment was to find out MvM was actually just REDvsBLU payload but with BLU bots(no pun intended)

That disappointed me too
inb4 another branch of TF2V dedicated to pve

fork it until it breaks

The way I see it is how it would need to break down

Before I go on I'm now realizing how much scripting work would need to be done to get bots to react to objectives

not a bad idea tbh. lots of work though but im sure someone out there is autistic enough to try speaking ofTF2 Mercs Vs TFC Mercs gamemode when?

let's focus on fixing the fact that I can't figure out why my experimental builds aren't properly displaying all the text they should

Good idea, let's leave the "what if"s for a later date.

A multi stage CP like Dustbowl or Hydro can do the trick for a while

I wouldn't mind that. Still can't figure out why my compiled experimental is like that. Dev user if you can take a look and fix it while I try myself.

Have you seen the skill level of the average MvM Player?
It's fucking polygon tier, those people can't even move and shoot at the same time.

fixed it, I had to rename the language file to the folder so it would reflect that. works now. I just need to fix one last thing

I'd still rather take the greenhorns than the >100 tour drill sergeants who expect perfection and vote kick you for missing a single bundle of cash or for not killing a bot at the correct moment.

PACKAGING V3RC1 NOW
Also due to some minor non-issue bug certain settings may end up reset. This is normal, just put things back or open your settings and paste what you have into the new ones (don't keep the old settings because some strings in there no longer will work causing issues)

get HYPE

Keep up the good work.

For fuck's sake, start using semantic versioning. I can't tell what the fuck the H or the RC means. Is H supposed to be hotfix? Is RC supposed to be release candidate? If so, you're using neither correctly.
semver.org/

Doing God's work

RC stands for Release Candidate
It's not unheard of

So do I just unpack and play, or should I put it in the sourcemods folder and run it through steam?

it's a sourcemod so into the sourcemods folder. also the 2nd post in the thread shows you have to make it steam free

Alright thanks m8.

V3RC1
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TfGArtX28DdnFLRzl6SWlfMkk/view?usp=sharing
I'm calling it a release candidate due to the fact it's a possible candidate for an actual v3 release. This is also the first release not done by dev user.

A clean install is best for this, please remember to turn model quality to medium as a finalized and working fix for buildables has yet to come forth.

moddb isn't liking the link for some reason

gonna try putting it on dropbox, see if Moddb will take that link. It took the link for V2R1 but when I swapped out the file ID it gave errors again

if two different anons are patching the game won't this conflict? Or are you working together?

Everything I packaged has already had it's code patched. TF2V dev knows what I'm working with. so there should be no real conflict. If anything passing off what I have should ensure anything he makes will work with this Candidate

great shit boys, cant wait for the proper release of V3

Think that the old Mario Kart map would work if it was given a little elbow grease?

oh god yes please

it seems to work just fine actually

gives me time to upload to dropbox, palemoon shat itself so I'm using a separate browser to upload it

Devanon here posting from the other side of my state, I'll cross reference this one with my V3RC1 and make a V3 sunday. I unfortunately left my electronics off and I have no way to compile anything with my tablet.

done deal. I'll consult someone who knows VB more than I do about making a new convar for a TF2 style airblast.

Fuck yeah, that and harbl_hotel.

harbl_hotel is shit. What we need is wacky_races and cyberpunk

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v3-rc1

V3RC1 NOW LIVE ON MODDB

that sucks. the servers are still on V2 so I dunno. complete both for now

Well gonna have to download V3RC1. servers are gonna change over to it. the servers are dead ATM though so yeah

this is piracy, i'm reporting it to valve. kys thieves.((You) also I'll be in the game shortly.)

(You)

my nigga

well fugg

i can come on, man

Balloon Race is pretty fun

I'M STILL WAITING FOR THIS SHIT TO DOWNLOAD.

I'll join, too, if you wish. I am hoping someone can tell me how to make sprays work for me, though.

grab VTF edit, import an image into it. make sure that it's set like this, the height and width can be changed, but the other settings have to be saved like this.

needs to go under
materials\vgui\logos
or
root folder of the 2013 MP base

They weren't working for me either but I just assumed my images were incorrect dimensions, I could see other peoples but not spray my own

Oh shit I remember using this a while back, thanks

I'd be playing if I didn't just download the wrong version.

Recently installed V3RC1, are the game servers updated to the newest version?

WELP

Not yet no. gotta wait or roll back to V2

So we've all moved to this now? What happened to tf2c? I miss bhopping as a floorcrawler.

fugg, I'll do it when more people come online

keep the regular servers at v2 and make one specifically for fucking around in V3RC1?

Alphablaster ruined everything

Well V3RC1 removes the ability for TF2Cucks to do anything since I renamed the client itself so a simple folder switch won't actually work or shouldn't

Less bloated, alphablaster free, and made by Holla Forums,

I'm on right now, fix this shit

By online I mean I'm waiting in the client because this shit is broken. please fix the server.

I'm not rolling back to v2

that's fine

SAPPY AND RDLR GOTTA UPDATE MAN

What's the point of this custom map again?

fun

why not?

I nor TF2V dev user run the servers, the contents of their rotation is the discretion of the server owner. TF2V ships or should only ship with stock maps. if it's shipping with non-stock maps that's a fault on the packer (me in this case)

ARE WE GONNA PLAY VIDEOGAMES TODAY OR WHAT? JOIN THE SERVER LADS

NIGGER THE SERVER ISN'T UPDATED TO THE NEWEST VERSION. I WOULD PLAY IF I COULD, BUT I'M NOT WASTING MORE TIME ROLLING BACK TO V2 JUST TO HAVE TO GO BACK TO V3 TOMORROW

V3RC1 is out and some of us are on it. Those that are can't join servers running older client builds

the woes of updating a mod

Just give the server owners some time. Trust me when I say it will feel better waiting now and splurging later.

Still it works. Also I noticed a small bug in V3RC1. a non-issue but it seems a main menu element (music mute toggle) is still making calls to the old convar.

I suppose he did attention whore quite a bit. Was the bloat really that bad, though? The game itself seemed fine as far as I could recall.

Man, what wasn't the guy? He was a gay pedophile furry who was caught ERPing on multiple occasions

They literally were adding shit in from vanilla TF2 when they hadn't even added in all the stuff from the original TF2 beta.

Didn't really fit. They also never really fixed anything, focusing on their deathmatch mode. Any claims that they make tend to be "we have it fixed, but you need to be in our super secret closed beta to see them"

Not to mention when the mod started the TF2Cucks got upset that their "code" was "stolen" when it was open sourced and dev user forked it

Video game funtimes

most of us are on V3 and waiting for the servers to update.

Speaking of which, is anyone actually playing this game?

oh, im still on v2 then playing with someone

right now the only two servers running are using V2 builds. the latest build makes it incompatible with the client since some things got switched around.

So right now those with V3RC1 are waiting on the server update by and large

Yeah servers are still on V2

There's a problem where people upgraded to V3 but the servers haven't updated yet. We've gotten full servers before,

wer iz bideo gaym :DDDDDDDDD

read the thread

dubs for truth

ERIKA BETA V4 OUT NOW
dropbox.com/s/1kmeohadpi2bzzq/koth_erika_betav4.bsp?dl=0

changelog
-grass
-more cubemaps
-better looking geometry
-new nav mesh
Could not get to generate cubemaps with the trainyard skybox, uses badlands for the time being.

Why C&D it when they can just make you pay for it

If anything that will just spur a "new" "unknown" fork of it that doesn't require steam

Ehh, I was useless and losing us the game anyway.

Turn your model quality setting to medium for now.

Rip server

yeah, rip

REMINDER V3RC1 HAS BEEN RELEASED, MAKE SURE TO GRAB IT

anyone wanna play with me?

i think ill wait until the full V3 release

Theres a minor graphical problem with the soldier and engineer's shotgun.
The shell the comes out is displayed incorrectly and shows up under the viewmodel.

same with pyro

dropped INSTANTLY

absolutely epic

I'll update my (pip) server shortly, but the download for v3 is gonna take 3 hours. In the meantime I'll figure out how to get offline people in.

And I'll repack a new standalone.

Running the server with v3 returns a "This server uses a different class base" error. Gotta wait for devanon before replacing folders.

you did a fresh install yeah?

You faggots. Minus maps, the files I need to run the server are about 200 MB. I don't need the materials, models, particles, or sound folders, and I bet there are some other files I don't need (but the remaining ones are collectively less than 30 MB so I didn't care enough to check).
Next time, please release a minimal server install so I don't have to sort through this shit.

so basically all you need is the bin folder right?

cute gondolas

I need everything except for materials, media, particles, and sound. I'm not too sure about models - the server starts fine without it, but it throws a lot of errors regarding physics props.
I also don't want the server download to overwrite cfg/server.cfg, cfg/motd.txt, or cfg/mapcycle.txt.

At any rate, memesystem should be up and running v3 now. Let me know if anything breaks.

Depending on the map, some physics models are calculated server-side (prop_physics_multiplayer). That's probably where the errors are from.

I have to check some things because the config might need to be updated manually then if you're fine with that. But I think come actual V3 release I'll do just that. Also Pip's funhole server still can't seem to make itself no-steam. someone ought to help him

Seems it no longer shows in the server browser. Any help fixing that would be appreciated.

memesystem still down?

Neither it nor pip's are showing up in the browser

WHERE IS MY TORRENT LINK, FUCKBOIS?

My server is up, but you have to connect via the console. Trying to fix that now without breaking no-steam.

Server's down, testing stuff.

well aside from no-steam removing the server from listing it seems V3RC1 works

getting "different class tables" for the memesystem server

Update to v3

Pip's place is updated to V3.
No-steam removes me from the server list, so until a fix is found I'm gonna be steam only.
Here's the latest map pack: mediafire.com/?9g4vzoazqc1jn61>>13116708

gonna do a clean install then

I've been working on a new PL map "pl_mars".
I'm going to release stage 1 at about 4pm PST (11pm GMT) for playtesting.

on v3. still getting "different class tables"

meme is back to v2 it seems.

yeah.

Also looking at server.confg it seems like variables need to be fixed

Which ones?

anyones making calls to TF2C

Oh right, I've removed most of them from my own server already, but good to bring it attention.

This looks good, could I host it tonight?

Really makes you think.

Please do, I don't have a server and self-hosting is out since I'm on the west coast.

Does the mappack in tf2v have pl_cashworks?

Doesn't seem like it.

This is interesting.

I don't have these animation issues

Now I see the problem: whoever released V3 only updated the .dll files for Windows servers. The .so files (the libraries srcds_linux uses) are still the TF2C library files from February 2016.
I guess with that, both memesystem and Holla Forumsintage fun are stuck on v2 until further notice.

can't just rename the files extension?

Whoevers doing these updates needs to submit pull requests to the github, there's no point having it if we don't use it.

You mean updating shouldn't be an opaque and disruptive process? That's insane!

No can do. .dll libraries make Windows system calls, and .so libraries make POSIX calls.

This would be nice. Please do this, and post build instructions on the git repo.

I have no idea how to compile for linux. I'm really sorry for this massive fuck up

So is it decided we'll do a rollback to V2 till everything's updated properly to V3?

ZA WARUDO

I guess till dev user or someone can produce linux libraries for the servers we're back to V2

I was considering making a torrent and seed it over the weekend since I'll be gone, just not sure how quickly the v3rc1 is going to be replaced with v3 proper is the only thing stopping me other than being a lazy fuck

It looks like we're waiting for V3 proper since I can't compile shared libraries files

thank you for enabling my complacency

Not like we have a choice, both meme system and Holla Forumsintage fun run off linux boxes. I can't compile a proper file for V3RC1 since I lack the ability to

Just do it in a virtual machine.

Easier said than done. I'm actually reading up on things to compile .so libraries but it's just making my head spin

Took longer than I expected, but here:
PL_MARS ALPHA 1
MEGA:
mega.nz/#!ErRxyboS!E04krMgxEwkqDXNLGhLN52rv1Dmge9WS630KeEoq9Sk
Mixtape.moe (rename to pl_mars.bsp):
my.mixtape.moe/rnlosv.bsp

this, i would highly recommend a torrent, considering its faster and doesn't rely on mega or jewgle

got any good tutorials on hammer? If you where there, i am the guy who made the crappy moonman map and would like to improve my skills some more.

seems like it's dead while we wait for an actual V3.

Source SDK Documentation
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SDK_Docs
Video Tutorials
3kliksphilip is quick, but doesn't get into detail
youtube.com/user/3kliksphilip
TopHATTwaffle is a long-winded smarmy cunt, but he knows his shit and digs into the details well.
youtube.com/user/rocketrascal34
Text Tutorials
TF2Maps.net has a great section on map-making, lots of it applies to Source in general. Use the search function to find something specific.
tf2maps.net/forums/tutorials-resources.57/
Interlopers.net has a nice set of tuts, of note is the "compile log checker", which scans your compile log for errors:
interlopers.net/tutorials/
worldofleveldesplease use archive.ism/ has a lot of general level design tutorials as well as Source-specific stuff.

thank you very much user

Question:
Is the kill cam overflow still in?

That honestly sounds like something that can crash servers

Hey, testing out Erika V4 on my server.
Should be quakers le epic meme server ecksdee

autodownload is off, get it here:

+jetpack was a mod, right?

link 2 mario kart
gamebanana.com/maps/download/179404

yup
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/List_of_TF2_console_commands_and_variables

we're fuckin around on cyberpunk:
gamebanana.com/maps/download/50116

We playin cyberpunk
72.201.147.79:27015

gamebanana.com/maps/download/138933
Download this if you want to face off boss.

So what version is Holla Forumsintage fun using at the moment? Still v2?

waiting for linux release

You guys should add this to V4
gamebanana.com/skins/139161
Why does valve do this?

Nevermind. C models.

Again, nevermind. I guess it's only for certain classes? I think the models are exactly the same.

Which classes don't eject shells?

It's a TF2C thing, don't worry. Soldier and Heavy have the bolt closed when ejecting.

Can someone give me some details how to access medic's shotgun? I know it's still in the files and in the code.

it's not V3 has them stripped out v2 has the pointers just removed so either way access is impossible

any games going on?

it's slowed while we wait for V3. V3RC1 kinda botched things and I feel like that's my fault

Even better
You can execute arbitrary code with it and install RATs

I'm genuinely curious on how that even happens through a game's kill cam

oh looking into this it seems it was an old already patched bug back in 07.

Devanon here almost at my flight back home so might be able to push out an update later today. I'm going to be using my version of TF2V as 2.5 which means function calls won't be fixed yet but most of the other things should be. If I have enough steam left today I'll see about a server variant of TF2V.

I can atleast do that provided you can create the files at large since all a server release would mean is stripping out things from the main file

Already on it. I'm currently wrapping up 2.5 on my box while compiling a surprise (optional) content update for TF2V in the process.

In CS's case, they had a left-handed person assist with animating the guns

V3 when

V3 update will be when the Linux kernels get added by the coding user, V2.5 will still be running the original compiled codes. Since it's been taking so long to push out an update, I've got an optional update called MTLG which will be released for an open test after V2.5 comes out.

I have no clue how to compile. I need someone with the ability to compile in linux to do it for me. I mean I can post my latest build in hopes of this

Yo, Gaim, I think you need a discord or something, because while these threads are nice the discord would probably be a better place for the community to chill out and actually plan games quickly and on demand. Also, you need to have a guy who can make a proper bunch of images, videos, and other shit for the ModDB so it looks nice - that shit matters to a person who's never seen it before. Anyway, I started an unofficial tf2v discord! Join it here: discord.gg/9yx5mU5

Nope, we've already agreed no discord

Also L-Gaim is just an uploader of builds not the dev. The entire thing is "user makes thing". And no one has stepped forward to make anything decent outside the one user who made the very nice OP image

lol, okay, server deleted

What the fuck do you think you're doing

i-i-i don't do anything on important on the internet

What's the difference between this and TF2 Classic ? I used to host an european server for TF2C (europoor united, anyone remember this shit ? prolly not). I wanted to host TF2C again, but if this is better/more popular I will go with this.

Not only that but a gated community would kill these threads because we'd be in there and not posting in here. I do understand the need for communication with the outside while at the same time not allowing reddit to flood here. Ultimately it'd be best to point them towards the moddb forum that L-Gaim set up since it still allows communication

Less bloat, no alphablaster, no "we're gonna make new weapons". No crappy DM mode and less ego.

Does this have fixed payload maps ? Because I fixed that on my europoor server, as well as couple of other things. I wanted to share these fixes with tf2c devs but they rejected it… I'm not sure if I still have the source tree of this on my computer though.

you mean like every other ToS in existence?

I played a few games on Europoor, it was comfy.
Also I don't think there are EU servers on TF2V so I'd welcome it

Classic had loads of weapons and features that were cut during TF2's development.

Vintage is literally just stock weapons + airblast and building hauling.

Also we desperately need a european server given how high some of our pings are on the current servers.

on stock tf2c the payload maps had couple of problems. There was no overtime. If the time run out and nobody was at the cart the match would end instantly, there should be additional 5 seconds timer which resets whenever someone touches the cart. So I fixed that. Another problem was the lack of progress bar. I didn't implement it entirely, but it worked and was better than nothing. It was made out of characters, something like this |====@==============|
There were also some bugs with 4 teams that I fixed, but this doesn't have 4 teams ? The DM mode was pretty fun for me (but I'm a quake3 player, so of course) I replaced the sniper rifle with a rail gun and uncapped the bunny hop. I think it was breddy gud but I can't talk like that about my own things.

Enjoy your botnet

Different philosophies.

TF2 Classic was about getting cut beta content into TF2 then focusing on being a platform for things not in vanilla TF2 like FFA deathmatch, VSH, and TTT as well as loadouts. TF2 Vintage takes a different approach to TF2C by focusing on the core game of old TF2 and adding subtle QoL improvements to the game to make it like a more balanced version of TF2 while stripping out the TF2C aspects that didn't work.

I'll host europoor v2.0 soon. I wanted to do that for a long time but somehow I never got around to doing that. The first server went down because… I just didn't have enough money to pay for the server. And I don't mean it costs fortune and couldn't afford it. I just didn't have cash in time for it, so they shut it down. I had problems with job back then, now it's more stable and I could pay for like a year upfront…

Good to hear, would be nice to have a place to play while burgers sleep

Mumble lets you dox users if they're stupid enough to not use a VPN.

Slowly trying to hammer out bugs. Everything you said is already noted. That being said as the user makign shoddy builds in VBS I'd appreciate it if I got some help, especially since after I finish making a stable build with DM and the special classes torn out. my next step is tackle payload.

How does if dox you? Even if so, it is better than Discord which sells your info and logs all of your conversations.

I'm a general C/C++ coder, not very familiar with source (from the coding side at least) so if I done it it can't be very hard. I don't have any copy of my source (I just checked) and I don't remember how I did it from top of my head now, but it was very easy. There was more bugs but I don't remember then now and it's likely that they are fixed in Vintage already.

I'm kinda sad about the loss of that server, I had it for over 3 years. Used it for a different game before TF2C

Why not just use TeamSpeak 3 ? I have my own room without limits you can join. I'm in if you want to shut some shit.

ip : vpn.OctopusVPS.pl:9988
room : 3. Cool Kids CPMA/Quake Club
password : password

the entire thing is done in VB, the engine aside it seems to just be C++ andwhatnot

hownew.ru

Wait, what ? VB ? You mean the Visual Basic ? You're fucking with me, right ? I just checked the github and the stuff I was talking about (client and server) are fully in C++

mediafire.com/file/8z8caegev4h68kt/TF2Vintage-master_ZGok_7-30-2017.7z
This is the latest build I've been fucking with. gotta use VB2013 to play with it but yeah. What we really need is the Holla Forumsintage fun and meme system anons help with building linux binaries for the servers

I'm downloading it, but I still don't get it. The whole engine and game is in C++, so how is it in VB all out of sudden ? Or do you call the Microsoft's visual studio VB ?

BTW. Linux binaries are no problem, the first europoor was on linux. But just please god tell me you've mistaken Visual Studio (the whole Microsoft's program for making software) with VB, otherwise I might go crazy because this doesn't make any fucking sence. Do you even know what Visual Basic is ?

out of laziness, yes. It's all done in VBS

What is ? Not tf2v for sure

Wouldn't the owner of the mumble only have that info?

No the code is compiled in Visual basic Studio. the code itself is C++ I'm just being a lazy shit and referring to the entire thing as VB because I'm lazy

lol

also dev user remember the next build needs the airblast sounds because R1 had them omitted

So is the github version the most up to date ?

One would have to write the whole MvM from scratch then. TF2C uses a leaked TF2 Source from 2007. This leak includes portal and some other shit. I maybe still have the package.

Fixed. I've got the main file uploading now with the fix already in it, just need to take the V2R1 to V2.5 and re-up that. I also have MTLG queued up after those patches.

I know that this should be compiled with GCC 4.8, but I'm trying with a new version. There's couple of errors in the mathlib, but that's just a simple change of int to unsigned int, so it compiles. Now I have a problem when compiling the main server binary in language.cpp and it says

:0:1: error: macro names must be identifiers

This file has a #ifdef _WIN32 which I guess could cause the problem, but even if I remove it I still have this error. Any ideas?

I don't think it is. as so far I've been the only user outside dev user tinkering with the code that I know of. and I do upload what I have, check a few posts up

already gone over, but MvM as is is "meh" I'd rather retool it into a L4D style thing with 4 "campaigns" with the final one being an attack on Gray Mann's fortress

THEY'RE HERE

V2R1 to V2.5 PATCH
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOa3VXd2d6NFEtcWM

V2.5 FULL
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUONmhiMXF5VjJVbUk

V2.5 SERVER HOSTER EDITION
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOZVRBMVlXVWRiVFE

Lastly, here's a branch of ==MTLG V1==, or: Make Team Fortress 2 Look Good. Entirely optional for now but I might converge this into V3 if it works well.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOZ25KTUpZRFNoV28

Alright putting this up on moddb now.

Moddb page updated

WHERE YOU NIGGERS AT?

agreed, if anything take a page from our board (/radcorp/). Do all of your discussions and main shit on Holla Forums and keep a seperate board (for example /tf2v/) for keeping a record, changelogs, backups and maybe some feedback

L-Gaim has a forum set up on moddb since you can do that for individual mods. So discussion can be shunted there

oh damn i nearly forgot those were a thing. That could work too, problem is moddb is full of yesmen so getting criticism there would be fruitless imho. I think keeping it all out in the open on Holla Forums and showing the progress helps alot, brings in alot of anons, builds trust with the devs and avoids creating a massive circlejerk and alphablaster 2.0

Unless dev user gives a concrete statement most of the discussion and development is still gonna be on here. The only reason the moddb forums went up is to keep normalfags and redditors away from 8ch

fair enough. Just giving my two cents. Like i mentioned, its how we've been running our new and improved gamenights and its worked out pretty well so far. I'd just hate for circlejerking or egostroking to kill this project as well

fair enough man

oh good, a full clean install
time to wait for four hours

It can act as a front for the mod publicly but ultimate priority is placed here in this general.

This. I also don't support any board or discord although /radcorp/ are a bunch of cool guys since I've seen the rise and fall of game groups on the chans. It's part of the reason why only a select few anons know who I actually am: it's because I don't want to turn TF2V from playing the mod into a me appreciation ego rub like many other people even on Holla Forums Holla Forums unfortunately did.

I'm using Drive to get around size limits and better download rates. I'm trying to do the patches for anons who download latest version but you should generally have the most recent version either way for best compatibility.

Also moddb user: Mention somewhere on the TF2V page to keep Model Detail at Low or Medium only, never set it to high.

right I'll make sure to post about the model issue.

yeah you keep ripping out sounds mate. teleporter level 2 and 3 are silent

mute fortress 2

There's a lot of bullshit left in TF2C, seems like I went too happy with trying to slim down TF2V in the process. I'll reup the patch for it.

In the meantime:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gXHJCkdUUObEJKY21hLWo5WVE/view?usp=sharing

yeah I'm taking v2 and just making a back up airblast sounds are missing too

Airblast sounds should be added in with the V2.5 patch. I'm also reupping V2.5 to add the teleporter stuff in.

righto

right so it seems most of the sounds can stay. there were some old generic HL sounds floating around in the v2 build. mainly the death cries, the cries for medic.

Any players on?

I can get on.

Also still no mention on plebbit. shocked

2.5 FULL (with teleporter sound fix)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOeWZud2IzbHpOUmM

V2R1 to V2.5 (with teleporter sound fix)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOTEdoVFhoQXY3a1E

you remembered airblast sound right?

Yes, airblast was in original patch. This version only adds in the teleporter sounds.

right.
so all that's keeping us from V3 is the linux files right?

Yep, and testing of MTLG. I plan on adding that into the main build of TF2V if possible.

I'll test it. so what's it do exactly?

New particle system, smoother textures, return of mat_picmip -10 and some other HD shit nobody cares about. I plan on throwing it in TF2 V3 as standard when the Linux kernals are ready.

It's a little consolation gift for me being gone on business for 4 days.

neat will add and see how it looks

also dev user one last thing I noticed in stock V2 this didn't happen, but with beta muzzle flash on in post V2 builds the beta muzzle flash appears in the sniper's scope when it shouldn't

I noticed that in V2.

It's weird. V2R1 had the issue. Also the new effects look nice outside the crit electricity. Wish we could get that guy whose good with models to fix solly's shotgun taunt

//—————————————————————————–
// Purpose:
//—————————————————————————–
void CHudTrain::Paint()
{
// FIXME: Rewrite using vgui materials if we still do this type of train UI!!!
}

Found the probable cause of why the PL hud doesn't start

Anyone wanna play?

I wish you luck in that, user.

I have version 2, do I need to update?

Grab the 2.5 patch since it fixes some things I believe. about ready to push out a new thread

Ughh does that mean I have to download 3 gigs again?

Also dev user I think you may want to check over the improvements, bat handle looks a bit off

What about it? It looks fine to me. I can understand if it looks a bit shiny in contrast to the regular weapons in some areas but it also looks a tad bit more similar to the original artstyle of TF2 with larger contrasts. Other things like the bottles, pickups, signs, particles and characters have also been increased in quality as well.

NEW THREAD

handle, the wrap isn't supposed to be that chrome finish

It's not. It's something with the cubemaps of certain areas which is noticeable on some weapons more than others. I always thought the shiny handle looked more like the original beta weapon artstyle with being shiny.