Binding of Isaac

I recently pirated The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth. It's actually pretty fun. It's also one of those games where your character looks more and more fucked up the more powerups you get.

By the way, what are some of the best powerups/powerup combos you've come across?

>electric tears + $3 bill/rainbow tears, daddy long legs, Leo let's you smash through shit without needing bombs

Its unfortunately plagued by feature creep. Item pools get so polluted with shitty drops later that I can spend 5 minutes restarting to get a decent run, either damage or a silly meme item.

Also OP theres two hidden rooms on every floor

Huh. Just looked this up. Thanks for the info, will use for future playthroughs.

I really can't recommend that. Rebirth is fine. Afterbirth adds a bunch of pointless random punishments which are just there to fuck up your runs.

I'll give one million quatloos to the motherfucker that can beat greedier mode without getting hit once
This mode is fucky.

I've come across so many "powerups" like Marked that ended up making my runs annoying as fuck.

Many items are shit, that's Binding of Isaac from its first iteration. Thing is, the fun lied in getting an amazing combo of items, and abusing mechanics like secret rooms and such helped increase the odds of that. Well, Afterbirth saw it fit to turn rooms that were supposed to be pure bonus into pure loss.
It does add more item and item synergies which are nice, but not worth the cost. Just trust me and download Rebirth. It's the most fun version. After you're thoroughly done with it, you'll want to download the Antibirth mod, which is far and away better than Afterbirth.

Any explosion immunity makes greedier piss easy.

It's a shame Edmund fell into that shit design style of, "lol, I'll make it 'harder' by making more and more useless shit and making it possible for rooms to outright ruin everything because that's what the youtubers like" add to that the Jewish as fuck way they handled it making DLC for DLC. Now he jumped ship to make another meat boy looking game because he's a hack.

I feel more like for some items edmund came up with some random item idea and put it in the game because he thinks balancing and usefulness and unique characteristics don't matter in a roguelike since its based on random chance anyway. Makes most items murky and uninteresting at times.

I was looking forward to mewgenics too, because it looked unique. If I wanted more meat boy I would just go and finish the ludicrous amount of shit meat boy has.

You must be a fag unless you were trying to get the unlocks for the Lost. Then I completely understand.

Don't forget that secret rooms can sometimes border special rooms, like treasure rooms, shops, and curse rooms; you can use that to get in if you have extra bombs.

Create a giant floating gravity well that sucks everything in and damages it. Best use of Strange Attractor, in my opinion.

Alright, downloading Rebirth and Antibirth. Gonna see how it goes and I'll report back to the thread later.

It was a pain to do it the old way. When Afterbirth came out, they replaced the method with something much easier but wholly dependent on trinket drops. In my opinion, trinket drops are probably the most annoying and random you can get in this game, since there are tons of ways to manipulate item pedestals; basically stuck with D20 and Mom's Box.

But are you enjoying that $100 steak though?

Okay, I'm playing Rebirth + Antibirth and it's actually a bit more fun that Afterbirth. I'm not having to deal with shitty bullshit downgrades, and the new powerups are cool.

Also, I found the I Am Error room with telepills. I had to get out od fullscreen mode just to take a good screenshot.

The thing about Antibirth is that, while it adds plenty of fun items, the meat of it is a path of parallel levels you won't really appreciate for now. I understand the desire to get the version with most stuff right away, but Antibirth is designed as a subversion of what you know.
It is still a straight upgrade to afterbirth, but, you know, excercise caution.

I thought the devs were cucks and prevented the mod from working with pirated copies.

You realize that Leo allows you to step on shit as well as IIRC Thunder Thighs.

Define not getting hit.
You can save and quit abuse with the holy mantel to not take damage.

Never forget.

His art is like Jonh K with better work ethics.

did what?

no really what is it?

Is this supposed to be funny?

Easy mega satan. It's just a game. Probably not, he probably did it as a response to sjw's or something.I bet the reactions from them are funny though

The fuck?

They patched out a lot of fun you can have with the new updates.
Get Antibirth, it's unfinished, but it's still leagues better than Afterbirth and Afterbirth +

Mod checks by default for Steam Directory =/= Anti Pirate.

Here's what my Isaac looks like right now. A fucking shit load of upgrades, 9 extra tries if I die, a lot of non-replenish-able health, laser eye, etc.

Forgot file because I'm a fucking jackass.

so how meany stages dose this thing have? i count at least 6

why is antibirth's ost so much better than anything in rebirth afterbirth or +?

because nicalis is shit

Is it anything like the flash Binding of Isaac?

have a listen user

post the one from the trailer.

unless you meant the other trailer

That's the one, thanks.

I've resorted to checking the wiki constantly for items and trinkets, because so many things have dual functions that completely fuck you over.

I never knew the bible would nuke Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives, until someone in another thread mentioned it. Well, in an Azazel run I took a detour into a dice room that rerolled my collectibles, giving me a massive blood laser ring that could be moved with arrow keys, as well as a ton of familiars. I had that, plus the bible, and was clearing out rooms in a split second. Stupid me, I thought "if the bible works on those bosses, maybe it will work on Satan, hurrr" since Sheoul opened up for me, it was a fucking cake walk with the new collectibles. Then I used the bible on Satan, and died, instantly. Now I am really behind the idea of items that are self-explanatory, so the bible pisses me off for not only having no indication that it kills 3 specific bosses, but also kills YOU instead if against another specific boss since in-game it only tells you it grants temporary flight.
There's just no rhyme or reason to it, and also getting that one secret room that's just a black turd in the middle of some spikes, why does this exist, it's fucking pointless.

I've always played like this ever since the very first game.

I really didn't want to do that, because I felt like I would be cheating myself by spoiling what all the items do. That was a mistake, some of the items have abstract descriptions in game or negatively impact you by using them/having them, so to not have prior knowledge of their effects will ruin so many runs.

That was why I used it always. Most of the newer dogshit items are added in with afterbirth. Making the game harder from bad items.

i beat this shitty flash game on my first playthrough. i unlocked some shit and tried a 2nd playthrough… beat the 1st 2 bosses, saw the next level and turned it off. then never picked it up again

why do people like this game? i dont get it.

heh

vanilla flash game ost beats both

Nigga, you retarded? You haven't even done a full run yet.

what do you consider a full run if beating the game isnt a run?
i wasnt having fun or finding it enjoyable. at what point should i continue until?

I need Delirium with Greed and Lost, how would I do that if not with constant resetting?

A full run means killing at least Blue Baby (???) or The Lamb. When you start out you finish at Mom. There's at least four floors after that where the difficulty spikes and you take double damage (full heart). The entire game is about unlocking new shit for your next run which get progressively longer.

Playing as Blue Baby, so started out with the poop.

Pic related was one of the rooms after I rolled the pickups into chests. I wanted to see if I could get all the powerups from the gold chest item pool, but the powerups starting piling on and everything turned into this chaotic shitstorm. I couldn't see the screen because my tears were fucking massive and flying all over the place. I somehow managed to make my way over to the boss room with the Lamb, which died in like 0.5 seconds.

Here's the seed if anyone wants to try it out: x4rv
3bt0

I really love the Time fuck soundtrack.

I know that feel so well it makes me fucking pissed just reading your post.

Alright, so after playing Antibirth for a while, I noticed most of the enemies are just shitty recolors of exiting enemies, and I've barely seen any new enemies I saw in the badass trailer. Did I do something wrong?

I wouldn't know about antibirth, I've got afterbirth and I keep encountering new things I haven't seen yet as I unlock stuff.
Sheol still surprises me with new monsters.

The only new monsters I get are the same enemies, but it's like someone used the gmod color tool on them, gave them a new ability like explode on death, and called it new. I downloaded it from the official Antibirth website, too, but when I looked at the wiki of Antibirth, none of the shitty recolors appeared.

Can anyone help me out and figure out how I can fix this shit?

Are you going to the alt floors? Coloured versions of enemies are just champions, not antibirth enemies.

Nigger, what? I just go to whatever the next floor is like normal. Is there more than the regular basement, caves, cathedral, depths, womb, etc. from vanilla? I'm extremely fucking new to TBoI.

Antibirth adds alternative floors which are where its unique shit is at. After you kill a boss there'll be a locked door. Each alt floor's door has a different thing you need to do to open it. And the last one requires you do something special on each alt path's second floor to unlock.

If you're new to Isaac just play Afterbirth until you've unlocked shit and know how to reliably complete a full run. Antibirth's alt route is a lot harder than the regular floors.