Dungeon Crawler thread

ETRIAN ODYSSEY V LAUNCH EDITION ANNOUNCED
Are you going full goy, anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/fXDx9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Already preordered, so I guess the answer is yes.

We wuz kangz oniichan

Bunny girls soon™

I imagine this and GU will be the only games I buy for the next couple of years.

Anyone can change back to black?

I wish I could really get into these. The map making thing is cool, the art is great, the music is fantastic. But I can't stand complicated turn based combat where you have to engineer your team to play off each other. I don't even like doubles battles in pokemon. I'd rather have an action RPG where I only have to worry about my character and the others are on autopilot.

WILL THERE BE SEIYUU?

No seiyuu no buy.

I don't know about EO specifically but in most of these games you can put your party members on AI control and even tweak how they react to things. It's actually more efficient that way since they'll heal you during the turn you take damage and stuff like that rather than waiting for your input at the start of a round.

Fucking seiyuu fag every thread. You're the reason why we didnt get this game for so long. GET OUT OF MY DUNGEON CRAWLERS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DLC soon goy!

Suck my fucking cock, dude. Having the option for voiced characters can only add to the experience. It's a massive improvement, just like the color-palette features. You can even turn it off if you're some kind of gaylord who doesn't want to hear the heavenly voice of such talent as Horie Yui, Hayami Saorin, Nakata George, and Saiga Mitsuki, among many others.

Let's not kid ourselves, the delays were them going back to the drawing board after Untold2 deservedly bombed out.

Is that a joke? I'll consider it a good thing if it's real. I can always just pirate the DLC as well.

Nobody plays this shitty genre anymore.

Doing gods work, nigga.

There are cat ladies in this game right? Show me the cat ladies.

So which etrian odyssey games I should get and avoid for my dungeon crawling fix?
Already played moe chronicles and stranger of sword city, currently playing dungeon travelers 2

Untold 1, og 2, 3, 4, and now 5. Avoid untold 2 at all costs. Persona q is also pretty good if you can get past the persona name.

Considering they absolutely learned their lesson after what the EO fanbase did to Untold 2; Yes.

I was waiting to pre order because i wanted to know if there was going to be a limited edition. Now im just gonna preorder asap.

PQ2 is going to be awesome because it's going to be about Zeus revenging himself on the P5 cast for fucking with Kamoshida.

Rad

The limited edition doesnt look that good or ami missing something?

What is the difference between untold 1 and og 1?

Untold 1 adds a shit story mode, but you can ignore that. The main reason to play it is for the improved QOL mechanics that werent present in og 1. Untold 2 was basically the most dlc ridden game ive ever seen.

I think it's just bunny girls and fox boys. I guess two of the male portraits are girly enough that you can pretend they're cat girls, though.

I've always wondered why people would say you always needed to grind in games with turn based RPG combat or simply write them off as shit. So many people have a problem with proper resource management, decision making, and team building. It also explains why many bigger devs have deviated from turn based combat. Now they go for action games and add RPG elements for padding or so they don't have to really balance their game.

I'll make sure to have at least 1 brown loli on my team.

It's kind of a shame there aren't all that many choices for lolis outside of the brownies, but they're proportioned more like midgets. The Necromancer's great, though.

EO5 release date when? I don't give a shit about special editions I just want to know when I can get the fuckin game and if there's any grills as cute as landshark from eo4

Preorder pages say November 30th. Special is the only edition. It'll run you 40 freedombills.

Not really worth it though.

holy fuck black anime girls look awful

After trying Stranger of Sword City and hating it I thought that maybe I was done with DRPGs. Luckily I picked up DT2 right away and I'm loving it. Only up to chapter 6 but so far it's been everything that SoSC was missing and doing right everything SoSC did wrong. My only gripe with the game is that Lize isn't more useful.

This game is the opposite of EO2U.

Git gud.

So what is gonna happen to the series when the 3DS is dead and there is no dualscreen alternative? It will be weird to play an EO game without a 2nd screen map.

Daily reminder that the Etrian Odyssey fanbase is the best fanbase since they actually forced Atlus to unfuck the series after EO2U

Remember when EO didn't have any DLC whatsoever? They didn't unfuck it; they just dialed back the jewery slightly. Fuck the customer over a little less than before, and they'll act like they've won a victory even though the end result is still worse than it was to begin with. If they ever make another one, you can bet your fucking ass they're dialling up the jewery again because they saw that people supported this amount of DLC.

But user, its a business not a charity!

Buy the switch, user.

All the DLC is cosmetic shit that doesn't effect the game at all and the FM music was recorded long after the game released. The reason why the FM soundtrack was absent in EOIV and was late post release DLC was because Yuzo Koshiro has multiple other jobs. He doesn't work for Sega/Atlus fulltime.
The game asks you if you want to disable VA as soon as you start, it's not forced on you in anyway and the dialogue is still on par with the previous 4 games.
EOV has more content than all of the previous games yet because they offer some optional shit that doesn't do anything for the game outside of a few appearance changes is not unfucked? Nah go fuck yourself.

The FM soundtrack album was canceled and it was never available as DLC. It's unfortunate because Yuzo Koshiro composes everything for the series on PC-88, meaning it exists somewhere in some form, we'll just never see it.

Spieler classes in general are a pain to use in the story. What class are you running her as?

Doll masters are a fun class though. I used a front line one.

Anyone played this game?
I like parts of it but I will never understand why they made it procedurally generated instead of just sticking with the main storyline and having branching paths.

I played it for 10 hours, I think. It was alright. Very repetitive though and I didn't like the loot system. I didn't actually finish it.

It's not about it being too hard or complex. It's about it being full of bad design choices that are only there to limit you from experimenting and to waste your time. The classes, skills and equipment are boring. The class change system should be great but because the skills and classes are so standard run of the mill garbage it just feels like there's no reward to it. I really don't like the loot system either. I get what they tried to do with LP but it just doesn't work at all. All it does is add another layer of grind when you need to fight to advance the heal timer and you'll have to do that because of the large amount of instant kill attacks and terrible random encounters where most of them are low level trash but then the next fight in the same area might be something that looks the same as the rest but is 20 levels stronger and kills you in one hit. Because of the LP system it's just smarter to run away from those fights which is boring and you never feel like you're achieving anything. I feel like they knew that it was a problem but didn't have the time or didn't know how to fix it so they just added a 100% escape divinity as the first one you get. The story is barely there and the same goes for characters and their development. For me a good DRPG needs to have interesting class or combat mechanics and either an interesting story or good characters. SoSC wiffs on all of that. It has an interesting setting (that it doesn't do justice to) and great art but that's not enough for me to endure all the things I dislike about it.

Trying Joker right now after being pretty underwhelmed by Soul Summoner. I just hit 30 a couple of days ago so I'm still geting to know the advanced classes.

The final spieler classes won't be absurd until you invest so many points into them. Stuff like witches, dark lords, valkyries, and snipers are great off the bat and stay relevant. Meanwhile the spieler class will become something amazing once you invest so many points. Like those dolls that hit 3-5 times. Have one of those and a physical attacking doll for big damage. It also helps that dolls ignore the anti magic field.

We're never getting DT2-2, are we?

The first one was censored "for release." What makes you think they won't just censor the 2nd under the same delusion?

Wut?! Fuck, I didnt know that, I hate the anti magic field, so I just went for the long range doll, how good is the short range doll? Im at the hot spring dungeon at level 34ish.

I loved the loot system, having to ambush the enemies using moral points was great, but the loot didnt got better the more moral points you used, they should have gone for greater risk better reward, because less moral points made you more vulnerable
It suppose to make your companions more valuable and death more punishable, also to rotate your team, when you have better equipment and return to those areas and bully those monsters it felt pretty good.
There is a smoke item to escape the battles, that combined with guard is a garantee escape with no fatalities, well if the monster is not a god or devil that uses requiem.
But user you have to make your own story!
Also the LP at the end game isnt a problem with all the gold you win, they should have giving a higher price depending on the numbers of levels the character had.
To bad you didnt like it, I liked the challange the game had, but fuck the post game bosses, its bullshit you need 99 evasion that the last divine skill grants you to win those fights

If that happens I guess I will just play etrain odyssey from start to finish and wait for vita emulation on pc

Maybe they could move the map to the main screen as a minimap that expands into the actual map whenever you need to draw something in it.

I started EO4 a few days ago since my 3DS is hacked, and holy fuck it's fun. No idea why I didn't get into this series sooner!

Do you have any more Wynne lewds user?

That would work for drawing, sure, but not for actual navigation. It'd be too small to properly visualize without expanding it, and that'd defeat the purpose of convenience. Although I can't think of any other alternative.

I don't think the dual-screen hardware is going anywhere soon though. Nintendo's made way too much money off of it, and continues to do so, for this to be any real danger. Far more likely for EO itself to die.

Sweet meme.

Anyone here play Operation Babel? Wasn't really thinking about getting it until I heard the soundtrack. Dungeon Travelers 2-2 soundtrack WHEN!?

With enough levels it will hit pretty hard. I don't know what stat it scales with though. It's good enough to kill enemies your melee attackers don't and it will stay out for ages. The game is full of small details that you have to discover for yourself.

What's so great about the map on the second screen is that you don't only have constant access to it, but you can update and mess with it at any time. Even while people are fighting. I'll walk through a map and put walls down for hallways I didn't go through yet. Then while my characters are fighting, I fill in the path of everything I've come across and add descriptions to chest or collection spots. Seeing my detailed map after clearing a floor is always fascinating.

Didnt an user uploaded the music a few days ago?

I posted the Drama CD and the Arranged soundtrack a week or 2 ago. But I don't even think the CD has been released for DT2-2.

That's not a good thing. I don't want to run from battles in the first place and I certainly don't want to have a 100% chance to run away each time because then it's literally just a get out of jail free card.
I hope you're not serious.

Yeah a lot of classes seem to only come to their own once you've put a lot of time into it and basically in post game. I'm still playing with Magical Princess and Joker just to try them out.

There are also some classes who fall behind in damage compared to some when you go so far into post game. Like the Shinobi class will always be useful, but they're useless when it comes to DPS compared to many classes because they lack either the offensive skills to make use of katanas or projectiles just deal such weak damage that you'll only use them for skills and the chance to inflict status effects.

One of the lamest things for this game for me is that the poison status effect is useless compared to something like Etrian Odyssey. Why would anyone ever use it? The poison damage should either be percentage based (about 10%) or scales with a stat like INT.

I really love the character design for this game. I hear the lead artist abandoned his loli origins and stopped making lewd shit though. A shame.

Yeah, the guy used to make much better use of colors and contrasts. Everything he does now is with muted colors, tons of pitch black shadows all over instead of used stylistically like in the past, and with baggy as fuck clothing. It's really a shame, because his style used to be really cool.

And like you said, he's almost entirely abandoned loli. Even in EO5 the "lolis" are mostly just midgets.

Then dont, getting all your team killed and loading your game is always an option.
I hope you never play etrian odyssey games.

For me it's just that most turn-based games tend to be really fucking boring. I like action games more, but some turn-based games manage to hit the sweet spot. I can never really put a finger on why some get it right and others don't though.
I can play pokemon, just fine. Disgaea as well.

I like the idea of turn-based dungeon crawler, but I just can't get past combat being static images with hitsparks on them, probably because I played a lot of Phantasy Star 4 and Breath of Fire 4 as a kid.
Can you recommend me any japanese dungeon crawlers with actual animated graphics, where I can see my characters in action? 2D or 3D visuals, doesn't matter.

Should I start with Phantasy Star I if I'm new to the series, or jump into IV which seems to be the one everyone says is the best? I could use a Dungeon Crawl that isn't steeped in moe visuals right now and I've already ran through Strange Journey a couple of times.

They are not directly related, but share the universe.
I doubt you'll be able to play previous games after 4 though.

I thought you meant real dungeon crawlers like pic related
No. That game looks like terrible weeaboo JRPG garbage.

I can start on the first one than. Not an issue for me though as I like older titles.

Pirate it you retard.

Yes, as opposed to static graphics. My english is not perfect, sorry.

Yeah just play in the release order, that's the general rule.

2,3,4,U1
Avoid U2 and Vanilla 1 like the plague, Vanilla 1 is a horribly buggy mess, and Untold 2 has massive amounts of DLC with hilarious amounts of HP bloat

Already played all the NDS Etrian Odyssey titles and not interested in the Untold games of IV. V on the other hand is looking like it's something I want to get into. Kind of burnt out on the series though and was looking for something different.

sorry misunderstood the question.
Release order for the Phantasy Star games, avoid the MMOs

release order got it.

bump

you can at least bump with a recomendation even if it is a shitty one or anything really

Eh, saw the threat at page 13, and wanted to bumped before it was to late, but forgot that Holla Forums is slow.
Anyway how is that game? Paper wizard something right?

two words
no (in-game) options
other than that so far it's a typical dungeon crawler with an admitedly nice minimalistic artstyle

I want this meme to end. Vanilla 1 is a perfectly good game, it just lacks the polish of the later ones.

Anyone here play the Class of Heroes series? How does it compare to other Dungeon Crawlers?

I feel like it starts off too slow. You dont get any money at the start so archers are useless. If you can get past the rough edges its pretty good.

it also has some of the cutest dwarves you'll ever want to waifu

No man, that's all wrong. Games like Angband are dungeon crawlers. If you have a party, it's just your standard RPG.

Its shit. Elves are the superior race.

Now you're just arguing semantics.

launch edition

your taste is shittier than their fur my dude.

What makes it different from most dungeon crawlers? Actually did that third game ever come over here?

I agree. The dwarf is cute.

I just want the artbook. I've had the soundtrack ever since it released in Japan. Speaking of which, dungeon crawlers usually have good sountracks. Like how you'll barely find a shoot-em-up with a bad soundtrack.

Its the school setting and the synsthesis mechanics.

There's the affinity system where certain races will like/hate each other which would affect overall party starts by giving it a bonus or penalty. Affinity can be raised throughout the game, but it does make the beginning stages a bit harder if you're making a party that outright hate each other. The third one steps it up a bit, but I have no idea when it will come out.

adding to these, the stories can also be pretty entertaining.
one particular quest early on has you getting steroids for a little kid.

oh, and as a tip, make sure your whole front row are tanks and the back row is mostly damage dealing magic users. Magic can be a little broken in the game, much more so than physical attacks.

Thanks. Is the first game worth playing or should I just go to the second game? I heard the second game was too easy though. Like, with Demon Gaze, I felt that my party synergy barely even mattered because everything was so easy besides a few bosses.

Personally I just played the second but really enjoyed it. As for the difficulty, I found myself actually losing a few parties… but it was the first dungeon crawler I played so it's hard for me to say. I only just started EO III

also, have this nice, hard to find Dwarf Pepakura.

Semantics mean a lot. Can you really crawl around through musty crypts when you have a fireteam with you?

Implying Lolis, no matter the race, are a good thing.

Sieg heil.

why is it so fucking good? I've been playing for less than a year why is it so nostalgic to me already?

GRIMOIRE TODAY

ARE YOU READY FOR INCLINE

I liked 3's ost the best. 4 struck me the wrong way with the orchestral ost instead of the pc98 ost.

I started playing 3 recently and I find I'm just not liking the OST as much as the first two games. Can't really say why, it just doesn't appeal to me as much.

Bump to this.
How come nobody suggested anything?
Is there just no such game?

1 and 2 have a more traditional metal vibe where 3 has a mis-mash of a bunch of different genres to the point where i cant say one genre to acompass all of the tracks. I do like 3's ost alot though.

Wait shit, this is eo, not smt.

What? 1+2's OSTs combined don't stand a light to 3's. The only downfall of EO3's ost is the fact that there's not another standard battle theme for the later stratums and only 2. Ohterwise it blows the other 2 games out of the park.

Not to mention the town music, first stratum music, and the sailing music. So many fantastic tracks.

You could try the 7th Dragon series. The first one was made by the same guy who made EO, but the series has varying levels of difficulty and there is no map making. You could also try Persona Q, which is just an EO with a Persona skin. There are still attack and summon animations, more than in EO.

Is there anything that isn't on nintendo crap?

1 and 2 have 100% maximum comfy labyrinth themes which contrast well with the constant threat the labyrinth actually presents you. From 3 onward Koshiro got a bit more experimental, so the comfy feeling isn't quite there. That's how I see it at least. It's an important element because you spend so much time mapping out each floor in order to progress.

EO4 and beyond ditches the sprites, and all the enemies are 3d models with animations. Still turnbased but feels more alive

Yeah, I think that's it's. The third stratum music gave me a fucking headeache. It's cool at first when you step into those fire caves and have that intense music playing, but once you've been there a few hours it really starts to grate.

The second and third games are on PSP, and you can still emulate the first one.

What the fuck did you expect from Holla Forums? They have the absolute fucking worst taste when it comes to RPGs.

The only western dungeon crawl of note right now is Grimrock and whatever game is forever delayed.

I dunno, i think grimoire is really coming out this time.

I would if it came to PC, sadly it will not.
i've been waiting for a dungeon crawler on the same vein as class of heroes for a while now, but they only release it on the mobiles.

So is dual audio confirmed or not?

It's unfortunate and necessitates pirating, but I'm pretty sure it's not in. Western pigs only.

Calm down, user.

So when will they announce EOU3?

Maybe after PQ2 but since EO fans rightfully boycotted EO2U into having shit sales I'm not sure they will make a third Untold.

I guess i should just order a copy of og 3 then.

it emulates fine, don't pay a reseller money

I wanna play it on hardware.

you're just a dumbass then, have fun complaining that old games are overpriced

Buy a flashcart dipshit.

I really dont wanna use my mouse or finger to draw maps in eo

Holy shit why are the sound effects so fucking bad?

That voice acting is gonna be annoying, but i think i should be able to turn it off. Cant wait for EO5, i have it preordered

Does it have dual audio? If not, voices are going to off.

Can't we just let these fags starve already?

just like 3DPD

Voices should be off anyway, even in JP. EO doesn't need that shit.

They already are with the VA strike, the cancer will die out and maybe MAYBE vidya will get nice VA in the future.

Saving bump with absolutely no input. Call the cops I don't give a shit.

Hopes for PQ2? I want better balance since PQ has broken shit like hama/mudo and aliments.

Any dungeon crawler with vanilla lewds?

How cool would it be to have p1 protag, tatsuya, minato, yu, and akria fighing with eachother?

Has anyone tried Crypt of the serpent king? How is that?

I would be fine if they stick with P5 characters, your ideas are good though. Adding to that I would like a 6th stratum like mainline EO games, maybe include a true final boss there.

Yeah, q1 felt a little short. Q2 definitly needs to be atleast 1 stratum longer.

Yeah definitely. PQ2 having 30 floors like EO, EO2 and EO5 would be swell.

You happy now?

I already have 8 hours in it so im happy.

'Wizardries no longer dungeon crawlers', a guy on Holla Forums decided

Please tell me I can shut off those shitty voices.

If God is good, you'll be able to switch them to the good ones.

Or, turn them off entirely because EO should not have fucking voice acting.

Thankfully, cooler heads have prevailed against fagcommanders such as yourself, and the fans will be given the option of having seiyuu for their characters. Probably not Westerners though. They get stuck with dogshit western piggos.

You can. The Untolds had the option to do that too.

Is Untold 2 fine if I'm going to be pirating the DLC anyway?

Dungeon Travelers 2 is lewd but there's no nudity.

No, it suffers from a lot of just plain bad design choices.

Is it normal that the boss from EOIV spoilers Heavenbringer is absolutely destroying me no matter what I do? It's not that it feels difficult, it feels like a scripted loss. It's weird because the boss just prior was incredibly easy, as well as the 'last' floor of that maze. My average level is 50 and my team is definitely not optimised in the slightest, but this boss doesn't even need to use its super attack to wipe me, it's all I can do to avoid dying. Then once it gets to lower health and constantly regenerates its arms and uses the super attack every other turn its completely impossible for me to progress whatsoever. Apparently even when you get its health to zero it's still not dead either. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but this isn't a difficulty spike it's difficulty vertical wall. I honestly wouldn't be so bothered if the previous dungeon or boss had been the least bit difficult but taking the player for a leisurely stroll and then kicking them in the dick is just plain bad game design. Well perhaps not for an introductory level where the contract with the player is made about difficulty and consequence, however I don't think that this point in the game qualifies as 'introductory'.

I scorn thee plebs and thine pleb taste , thou art but a smear upon this board ; i am indeed your better

Hunger mechanics are anti-fun. Food is best used to grant bonuses, not kill you for no goddamn good reason because a timer/step counter ran out

Works better in Roguelikes where you have many options on how to not engage foes or at least take them out from a distance.

Are there dungeon crawlers where I don't need to comb the internet looking for synergistic teams and can instead build what interests me? Team building always feels so harsh since you don't know what works without trial and error or googling the answer.

My copy of EO 2 just arrived and I have a couple of questions to avoid some of the timesink pitfalls. My party is one protector and one dark hunter in the front row, one medic, one alchemist and one gunner in the back row.

< Are there any must/must-no have skills?
I.e. Skill that will turn out useless after the first stratum or so or where the gain from investing point will flatten out, or skills that I should really pick up or else I'm going to have a hard time. Elemental damage and healing are obvious must-have skills.

< Is there a point in having more than 5 characters?
The game lets me make many characters, but only five can be in the party. Is there a point in changing party members when only the ones participating in a fight earn experience, or will it just drag out the game?

< How to deal with class-specific quests?
I have accepted a quest that requires a landsknecht level 3, but I don't have that class in my party. I am going to assume that there are more such quests, so what is the best way of dealing with a quest like this? Wait until I'm sufficiently far into the game, create a level 1 character, put him into the back row, drag him onto a higher dungeon floor and let him get the passive exp?

It's important to gather items in the dungeons in order to gain access to certain equipment and consumables. However, you'll need characters with specific skills for each gathering spot. Each character has access to one skill: Taking, Cutting, and Mining. Survivalist has access to all three. Having an extra five characters to gather can help you make money and keep up with your equipment without wasting your main party's skill points.

since you have a gunner you might as well get medi-shot, heals status ailments to the entire party and the final upgrade lowers its MP cost to 9
protector's smite is also a good choice since not only deals damage, I believe it has a higher binding chance than dark hunter's cuffs at max level plus anyone that gets arm bound deals less physical damage
there was this medic skill that lowered the damage you took on certain floors, you might want to put one or two points in that for later floors
Your only choice is to get that class and level it up, i would recommend leveling it up higher than what the quest needs since some quest that needs one specific class will give you better rewards if that class is at the right level (ie this quest needs a ronin level 20, you could send a ronin level 20 but you could send instead a ronin 25 for better rewards). You also get rewarded with having different classes since there are some areas with treasure chests inside the labyrinth that can only be obtained if you have the right class in your party, there's an area in the first stratus that does this.
Also dont forget to carry more than one warp wire since some events can make you lose one of them.

The passive skills for each weapon type barely boost damage at all and aren't worth putting points into beyond the prerequisites for other skills.
I recommend getting Climax on your dark hunter, it'll make FOEs a breeze since you only need to get them down to about 50% hp and then you can instakill them. There are even a couple of bosses in the game that it works on. Patch Up on a medic is nice too, it gives you some passive healing. The amount may seem low but it really adds up and will save a lot of TP.
Like the other guy said, having an extra team for gathering is a good idea.
Also remember that resetting skill points only costs five levels, which won't take long to regain. Don't be afraid to experiment with different builds.

So I'm playing 7th Dragon VFD, and I just got to the part where you get your third team. With nine slots and eight classes, I have to have two of one of them. Is there any class that really, really benefits from having more than one? The only thing I can think of is Agent, since their buddy skill makes enemies easier to hack for a second Agent in your main party. It also doesn't seem like it's worth it to have two of a class for the purpose of specializing in different things (ex. two GodHands, one for damage, one for healing, or two Samurai, one for katanas and one for dual swords) since you can just reclass later.

And got them both preordered.

I figure these are niche enough where I'd need them held for me just in case. Now I just have to hope there's no censorship and a decent localization.

Also, was it the remake of 1 or 2 that was worth getting?

I have this preordered too. Mainly for the soundtrack disk so i dont have to go searching the internet for it.
Its untold 1 thats worth playing, not 2.

Gotcha, tracking down a copy now.

Thanks!

Thanks. One more question: is the damage for ranged weapons different than the damage for melee weapons. I'm not asking for the formula, I would just like to know if a gunner's guns benefit from STR or some other stat. The manual makes no mention of ranged weapons, so I would guess that guns and bows use STR as well, even if it makes no sense.

This is something I hate when games do it: it's clearly a game about min-maxing, but then they hid the numbers from you. How am I supposed to make an informed decision like that?

The logic isn't that the gun shoots harder, it's that the user is more able to know how to shoot it to inflict more damage on the foe. Sometimes at least. Morrowind's bow damage being solely increased by the strength stat is retarded.

EOV is coming out in October 17 lads.
archive.is/fXDx9

Not in the slightest. Bows are all about strength. Even with the same bow (and same draw strength) the stronger you are the more you will be able to pull it back consistently while firing (reasonably) quickly.

I'm pretty sure Morrowind used Agility for the accuracy too, which is fine.

When you're abstracting things, agility would be about accuracy, and ability to hit enemies in the right places. Also no, Morrowind is solely strength (wrong) while Oblivion is solely agility (also wrong).

Had to look it up to be sure, but ALL weapons in Morrowind use the same accuracy formula, which is based on Weapon skill>Agility>Luck. All weapon also use strength alone for their damage

I'm pretty sure all gunner skills use strength, even the elemental shots.

Chrono Trigger.
It's pseudo-turn based. They put the characters on timers after they last acted, and can act upon refresh, or hold onto it. You can also navigate the menus while others are still taking their turn so your guys act immediately after.