Avorion General

Why does nobody play this fucking game? It's not a bad game, there's loads of shit to do in it and doesn't hinder your freedoms/creativity in designing your ships/stations. Did the marketing for it fuck up? Or did nobody give a shit about playing multiplayer? I don't get it, this game would appeal to such a large portion of gamers, it should be a lot more popular but instead I see lots of empty servers.

It kinda kills the game for me since I'll be grinding my way up to the top and will have nobody to show it off to. Just seems like such a waste.

seems interesting but I want muh space lore and titties these days. but have a bump, user.

Are you gonna call Kenshi shit too because it's early access?

why would you open a >general on an unknown nieche game that has barely any players

I don't think things in EA are inherently shit, but they are always less popular, unless they're a Battle Royale game, compared to similar released games or when they themselves will release.

idk, that was pretty stupid of me. Just wanted a thread dedicated to it.

Damn. Kenshi's come a long way. I think it'll take the dev a decade at least to finish it though.

Sell me on it. What can you do? What makes it fun?

recently underwent optimizations
downloaded it and saw some improvement
still too hot on my toaster
;_;

You could at least post some screenshot from the game, user. Only baitclick lewd browser MMOs get anyone to click on them for their title image.
"Save me, your majesty!"

I'll call it shit for being an unoptimized piece of crap with incredibly retarded memetastic AI.
For a game centered around town management, your pawns require obscene amounts of AI programming in order to be somewhat usefull, and even then they are just like robots, no personality to them.

Also enjoy the early game that is River Raptors fucking your colony until you can get master crossbowmen mounted up and wrecking their. Hope you don't starve till that happens, that is if you choose not to steal around like you'll always do if you want to have a chance at surviving the raptors.

I have that followed and still entirely forgot about it. Is the singleplayer not worthwhile at all? It's not like it's multiplayer only.

Cosmoteer is better and is free. Constantly updated and isn't on

it's like Space Engineers or Starmade, but without the 'having to build the interiors of your space ships' part.

I went to bed not long after I made the thread. I'm still in bed, but basically you just start off in a drone and mine asteroids for resources to build your ship, you can trade, fight ayys and space pirates, loot, start a faction, get into faction wars, create a fleet of ships to fight for you or mine asteroids so you don't have to do it, you can do missions for reputation with a faction and some credits.

The point is to reach the centre of the galaxy, the deeper you go into the galaxy the better the resources you'll find, the AI ships are a lot more dangerous too.

Also Kenshi isn't shit, it lacks a lot of things right now but it has gone a long way, there's enough to keep you company for a long time, if you can use your imagination a little and give your characters some personality/roles the game can offer quite a bit of fun in a severely lacking genre.

I hope you're being ironic.

Now that's something there hasn't been a thread for in a while.

Singleplayer is fine, but what's the point of it all when you can't show it to anyone?

I can see that, especially since there's some combat focus so it could get old alone, can you at least export singleplayer designs to multiplayer?

I wonder how we will get run off a server this time?
Last I knew on from the ladt thead is that some nigger tried to attack out station because is had a giant T for trump, he got a taste of the base cannon and fucked off.

What if I like building my ship interiors?

Yeah, all ship designs get saved.

i played this game a few months ago, it gets quite stale after you get to the core of the galaxy, this game is a grindfest, what i liked in this game was the macro-economics

Last time we played starmade we made some young jewish child angry who proceeded to attack us with his super-ultra capital borg cube
Later we found his borg cube undocked in a turretless sector so we took our own half finished LOGH supercapital which was the only thing with enough mass to push the damn thing out of the protected sector it was parked in and proceeded to take welders and BLOOD RAVEN the borg cube.

We parked it at our main base with a big rotating sign that said I MADE THIS. Child never came back after logging in to see what we had done.

I wish I'd been there for it. Sounds a lot like the shit we used to pull when the game was quite new.

4/vg/ discovered Starmade back in 2012 or so. We'd been playing a similar game called Corneroids (but with proper physics that required autistic ship construction just to make your ship fly straight) and got bored of its lack of good multiplayer, so this tiny community centered around an unpolished minecraft-in-space game suddenly got flooded with dozens of shitposters and autists. We had some amazing times. Schema, the dev, actually implemented the mirrored build function on our suggestion - if you can find the dev update where it was announced, he mentions /vg/ by name.

Of course, it didn't last for too long. Yogscast did a series of videos on it, and overnight the community was flooded out with screaming, rabidly autistic 12 year olds. The drama that ensued was incredible, an absolute joy to behold. At one point, we actually managed to get admin status on NASS, the biggest server at the time, and went on a banning spree.

Vid related was only one of our many shenanigans.

I know that one or two of the old group still play. It sounds like a bunch of us are going to pick up Empyrion and play that - it's pretty decent for a title that checks off all the Steam buzzwords of Early Access, survival, space, and voxel-based.

built a giant swastika battleship and named my turrets "the nazi salute"so that when i killed someone it would flash "x killed by the nazi salute" across the server.

OwO
what's this?

Man, I'd love to play that with you guys again if the serb was on some slightly older version. The new power update is completely retarded, is the main issue, and I really really can't be ass'd to deal with yet another layer of complexity. and scheat or any old fac buddies, if you see this, damn do I miss hanging with you guys
also

I tried to get into starmade but I could wrap my brain around how to actually build a functional ship. At this point, I'd rather just play something with exploration, trading and combat rather than just building something for 90% of the time.