Payday 2 Thread

What the fuck? Is this why they added microtransactions, because they wanted to hang out with these guys?

No, they’re just the only names pathetic enough to work for scale who would even agree to this shit.

Whats wrong with John Cleese?

no one was talking shit about john cleese learn to read faggot

They fucked up payday badly. Ron Perlman (Rust) is cancerous as fuck. But not just him, all the characters are fucked up and they even managed to fuck up the already existing ones. Hoxton is a total dick now, he was not this fucked up in the first game. And all the characters in generally are very one dimensional. They all have their one thing and they talk about nothing else. Really weak characters.

Don't mind me, posting autism.

Anyone know how to solve the issue where it says "Failed to join game" when joining a heist? I know that it CAN work, since I have managed to join two instances, one of which I got kicked from and the other being with one fag who for some reason is the only person able to connect to, but after having tried a couple hundred different instances there is not a single one that works. I get that people also often have the issue that most games don't really join for them but nothing at this level.

Excluding setting up a demilitarised zone, of course

I don't think there's any real solution about that. Question though, do you use mods? I don't know if it makes problems when you join games, but I'm wondering.

It happens regardless of mods, but at some point I got Wolf HUD. Got the game when there were free copies given out and liked it but there isn't really much point to it if all I am doing is playing with bots and have done everything on Deathwish a couple dozen times.

what the fucking fuck

That was adorable. Games need more out-of-place motherly mothers with just the right amount of naughty and spine, not ``oh, please step on me``.

I guess the only thing to do is press on, it happens to basically everyone. Maybe it was bad luck and it gets better next time, I don't know.

It's definitely an improvement compared to the fucking Ethan character pack.

>not wanting the Isreali Vape Nation to rob all of Washington D.C.
What are you gay.

Still better than fucking Sydney, I suppose.
It's like an edgy version of a weeaboo, without the anime.

Fuck, I'd shill out my game hardcore if it meant I got to hang out with Ron Perlman.

You could provisionally argue was, but whatever.

>Go back to playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and kf2

This guy's mother probably died at a young age, and instead of adapting to the situation he just became even more dependent. My soul feels only pity as I read this.

this is probably the gayest thing I read all day

was gift pls no bully

Not at this amount. I try a couple dozen games each time I turn it on and every single one fails so I go back to playing with bots.

Is it weird I feel somewhat patriotic reading that image?

Depends if you are Bongistani

Maybe getting caught was part of his plan? Guess it was some loser with no life. His life was probably so bad he decided to fake a robbery so he can go to prison.

I think he just likes aras very much. Some people including me were shitposting about the lack of cute moms in Payday 2 and suddenly he posted all this. I thought it was okay.

the dude is clearly posting NSFW or otherwise inappropriate images of her, though. That's more than dependency. I am guessing that he just has a thing for MILFs

a hipster?

No, not that, hipsters don't wear spiked gloves.
She's like a punk chick, but shit.

Punk chicks ARE shit though

That's true, but punk chicks as shit as Sydney are kinda rare.
Also, she sounds like a poser when she says "I AM CRAZY I AM CRAZY LOOK AT ME".
She's like the leaf in Canada's flag, they could have put anything, and they chose a screeching machine with a shitty haircut that thinks she's mentally deranged when she's "just" a murderer. A lost child.

You do know the maple leaf as a symbol pre-dates the country itself, right?

The Ron Perlman character is kinda shit. I'm almost positive that this was just another payday for him.

John Cleese is okay. Shame that he's only in the Safe House, which takes forever to fucking load. Learn to optimize shit, Overshill.

Sharlto is in because of a cross-promotion with the Hardcore Henry movie. At least he's free.

Tony is great. It's nice that they got the same guy who voiced Tony in the Scarface game.

>All female heisters look like shit Clover is the only somewhat tolerable one

I think you can still hold on at Death Wish and shit weapons as long you got adequate skills.
I agree that One Down on the other hand is pure bullshit. You're basically limited to a couple of builds, all of them having Inspire and Nine lives both aced, any AR or SMG under 80 damage is useless, Any shotgun under 200 damage has a hard time, and the tactic in almost every heist is to stay down and never do anything until the assault is over. It's anti-fun.

How exactly am I supposed to move on DW? I always stick close to cover and take quick shots with a 80dmg AR, but they eventually encircle my group, both in SP and in pubs. Am I supposed to solely concentrate on surviving and only pursue objectives between waves? Can I even do it without grenade launchers for crowd control?

Did you spend skill points on Oppressor? What's your build like?

Ahh, nice to see that.

Mum's stlll alive, autism triggered some creative fuel to write down something.

That's exactly it. The lack of a motherly character made me want to write down something,

I specifically went to safebooru when searching for Iori as searching danbooru gets you 32 pages of NSFW stuff.

Survival always takes priority over objectives on DW/OD. For death wish I like to use heavy armor (either CTV or ICTV) along with the sociopath perk deck; As long as I keep getting kills my armor rarely depletes, and if I'm desperate for health I can sneak in a melee kill on a wounded enemy. A good silenced shotgun along with enforcer and silent killer skills can one-shot regular gensec guys pretty reliably, though you're going to want a weapon with higher DPS to deal with dozers.

Ay man you have great taste.
Not enough aras in gaming do that to you.

On OD it's true, but on DW, it depends on the situation, like if one or two players are in custody, you stop and camp until the end of the assault, otherwise you can keep doing objectives in the middle of a wave and not get too wet.

Just fuck my reply up fam.

Gonna post it when I'm home from work, basically 40% dodge and light vest, high concentration on ghost tree, with some controller skills (4.5% health regen if we have hostages) and 20 armor regen per headshot from the enforcer tree. I use ECMs in loud for stunlocking enemies on chokepoints.

I now suspect this is a troll, but if it's true, I know why you're struggling, man.
I go pick up some groceries, then I come back to show you how it's done.

this should be it

You must spend on Oppressor in an AR build, no questions asked. It makes your SMGs, ARs and LMGs very practical:

Okay, here's my draft using what I said. I have made this build under certain assumptions, so you can edit it if you want to. In this build, I assume that:

All characters beyond Clover (and including Clover herself) are completely one dimensional. Even the original four are eh, they would be good if they were more heavily expanded upon by competent writers. Clover and up have literally no personality beyond their nationality and maybe one or two unique lines of dialogue for something like killing a taser.

All four original characters babble like retards when calling out a taser while being tased in PD:TH, this humanizes them and shows that they are real people. Could you imagine any Payday 2 DLC character ever doing something like that, especially something as retarded as Sydney (who is as out of place as fucking Chains in a Mario game)? Of course not, because she and all of the other DLC characters have zero personality, they would never do something like that to humanize them as characters. Worst is Rust for sure though, literally nothing more than a shitty retextured Jacketo model and "FUCK X" and "SUCK MY FAT DICK X".

I think the worst is Sokol purely for the fact that his bio makes him look into a Gary Stu OC.
He must have been written by a 7 year old ruskie.

thanks user

I'll admit in-game he's basically the wacky Japanese guy to appeal to Japanese players but he's the only one motivated by something other than either greed or violence.

There also was Jimmy, who joined the Payday gang to destroy Akan's plans (the bad guy from Hardcore Henry).

Not to mention the fact that Sokol looks like a child in-game. I know he can't look like that IRL because he looks retarded.

His backstory is alright (people give them way too much credit for it, it's better than others but that's not saying anything), but other than that he's a shit character because he literally only speaks Japanese during heists. If I can't even understand what a character is saying and there's no animations to indicate his emotions or whatever, he is a shit character by default.

Omg! le wakcy cocaine maniac xD!!!

Kind a bit of a shame he's handled like that in the game, because if you watched the movie, Jimmy's actually way more than that. Spoilers of the movie inside:
In reality, there is several Jimmys, like in the trailer, where a Jimmy was holding the Payday gang at gunpoint and proposing them to work for him instead of Akan, before killing himself. There is actually a bunch of clones made by the original Jimmy, who's a brilliant scientist that worked for Akan, the bad guy from Hardcore Henry, that you also see in the trailer, where he kills a waitress using telekinetic powers. Jimmy once worked under Akan's command with almost unlimited funds in a project to create super soldiers for Akan's own personal army. Jimmy showed his work to Akan, but during the presentation, something fucked up, and the results were less than stellar. Displeased for what he has seen, Akan "fired" Jimmy by smashing him into the ground, crushing his spine.
Obsessed with revenge, and with a broken body, Jimmy retreated into a secret lair in Russia, created a bunch of clones of himself with multiple personalities that he used as dormant agents, and waited for three years for an opportunity to really fuck Akan up. Among those clones, you have the cocaine guy, but also a bum, a Call of Duty reject, a punk rocker, a WW2 veteran, and many others.
The two Hardcore Henry heists, Train Station and Boiling Point, were both part of an operation to slow Akan in his efforts to create super soldiers, but Akan, like shown in the movie, eventually succeeded, so those heists were just a setback. The only moment where Jimmy had an opportunity to stop Akan was when three years after Akan crippled the original Jimmy, one of his clones rescues Henry, an amnesic cyborg, from Akan's mercenaries in Russia.