Deus Ex Human Revolution

Here's a viewpoint - this game succeeded first time because it was the exact copy of the first deus ex. You may even say, that Human Revolution is a direct remake/reboot of deus ex. It structured exactly in the same way as the first game, true to the form. Same augumented bosses (i laugh people complained about them, first deus ex has them too), same levels, similar character you can save/allow to die, the honk kong part, the "choose your ending at last location" part. Fuck, both games have a moment when you escape from prison without all your items!
Human Revolution was remake of first deus ex. You don't even need to play first deus ex if you completed this game. Because better physics, better ai, better graphics. Might as well say that Jensen is a much better written character than JC Denton. The problem is that Deus Ex fans are too blinded with nostalgia, to realize the truth. First deus ex is a laughing stock of a buggy game with shitty abusable gameplay mechanics. Even for its own age it was a bad game. Spergs will be spergs though.

Stop being a fucking faggot

What is with all the DX threads lately?

Deus Ex has always had threads nearly 24/7. It's nothing really new.

We have like three up right now.

Sounds like we need about 3 more then, if you ask me, and you did ask me.

As much as I hate to admit it,

[spoiler]HR is one of my favorite games.
I just love it. [/spoiler]

Thanks mighty overlord of Holla Forums

Halfchan misses you. You should go back.

Go back to cuckchan.

Just use the asterisk way christ. And I liked all the DX games except invisible war, which funnily enough everyone has forgotten

You have to go back

Anyone played this? Doing a second playthrough and I'm really impressed by how different the routes are. I know the setting is something not everyone can get behind but I personally love it. It's so silly yet fitting for the style of the game.

But that's wrong you fucking idiot

I know a lot of the people that were in this game and developed it. Never get sick of shooting Kale in the face, always my favourite bit because I was good friends with him.

Small children need to justify being so shit at the first Deus Ex they either have to play it with Morrowind-always-hit tier mods or substitute it for some popamole garbage. Anything to avoid the reality that they've been raised on push-button-to-win games and have lowered mental faculties and patience as a result.

>played all desu sex games aside from the one we never mention because it simply doesn't exist

Let's pretend this isn't bait, how can you have worse taste than me holy shit.

Invisible War is better than HR and MD.

Also MD is a better game than HR.

That was DLC tho.

Your keyboard must be upside down.

HR is nothing like the original, but it is much more like IW. If you've played IW, it shows.

HR is mostly based off IW. The simplified combat/UI, the augments etc.

I rate them about the same as each other. Though Invisible War's ending was better. HR's intros was better than Invisible Wars, the whole Detroit section was much more enjoyable than IWars Seattle. I felt Seattle was just a sea of really badly designed levels, the worst offender was that god awful elevator section. HR at least did it right by throwing you into a fairly decent hostage scenario at the start with a fair bit of choice, IWar was fairly railroaded in comparison for its intro. Iwar gets significantly better as it goes on, HR gets significantly worse- though Ok Shanghai was still pretty cool, but obviously not Hong Kong levels of awesome.

None of the deus ex are particularly good
They're alright, that's it really

Original deus ex would be pretty good if the game wasn't fucking broken

0/10

Any pair of tags with a line break between them won't work here, newfriend.

Oh the irony

No way, dude, I am a skilled action gamer. I play games like DMC 4, so you know I must be good. Since I'm so good, whenever I fail it must be because of circumstances beyond my control! Also, if you were to put me in front of an action game that was actually hard I would croak as well.

Holy shit is it literally the same guy that keeps shilling Deus Ex games for the past month and a half?

actually it is made by people who didn't get what made DX great. They thought good level design meant "lol vents everywhere". They're clueless

Mankind Divided had much better level design. Maybe they learned their lesson.

I mean, at least try to make it less obvious.

As somebody who played DX3 first and only now im marathoning Deus Ex with GMDX mod i call it bullshit

I could voice my own criticism on superiority of Deus ex and the downsides of DX3 but im lazy faggot so i will just link somebody doing it better

Yeah, no. I bet you're one of those people that links CancerMatosis' DaS 2 video whenever the topic arises.

What a shame
I dont, in fact i dislike linking other peoples videos/opinions but that vid is pretty on point in my opinion, and all the criticisms are valid

Nigger, you don't even know who Ross is? Fucking newfags.

(checked)
What's going on? How comes a good handful of people are currently playing Deus Ex for their first time with the latest GMDX mod?

I finished it with GMDX 9.0 two days ago - also my first time playing it. Human Revolution was my first Deus Ex, then Mankind Divided, and now that the original was incredibly cheap on the Steam summer sale I bought the OG instantly. I'm the fag who made this thread >>>13093759

Playing the Deus Ex games chronologically gets definitely better with each entry, because the first Deus Ex is truly the magnum opus of the series. The only thing HR (and MD partly) have going for them is being more polished and the hacking minigame, but besides that Deus Ex blows every title out of the water:

I cannot believe how Eidos Montreal could fuck up so much with both prequels, despite having played the original thoroughly in order to encapsulate what should make a great Deus Ex successor.

His video on the original Deus Ex is VERY GOOD, Ross know his stuff and part of the fun is seeing him rambling about half-relevant things.

Good thing it's not.

When i plated DX for the first time few years ago i was thrown off by its graphic partially, dropped it after Hells Kitchen, probably i was just too young for that game tbh
But now i greatly enjoy it and can fully appreciate it

This is what we get when someone isn't bullied enough in their formative years.

Consider how much of a botched job Ken Levine did with BioShock, despite being a core part of the team that created System Shock 2. You go from a well made FPS/RPG hybrid with multiple varying playstyles, inventory management, equipment upgrading, research, hacking and a gameworld filled to the brimming with secrets and atmosphere to to a shallow, pseudo-philosophical, subpar shooter that only got popular due to the great art direction.

Hell, Harvey Smith worked on IW and look how that one turned out. And this is the guy that did most of the conceptual work on the original Deus Ex.

I wish Ross was my dad.

Talking about GMDX 9.0, it has fatal bug in MJ12 prison. That they only fixed in 9.0.1. and i saved a lot after the escape part, so i am screwed and fuck this game.

Confirmed for brain damage.