ITT: Head-scratching ports

Ports of games that make so little sense hardware and demographic wise that you have to wonder what the hell they were thinking

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.8ch.net/posts.html#!v/8739669_#8740634
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everything had a GBA port. Made perfect sense at the time, because everyone had a GBA.

Also, MGS3>3D>3DS port. It makes sense when you're an executive. And photo camo being completely broken aside, there's nothing wrong with it

I'm still fucking mad.

Also to contribute to the thread; these ports or any tycoon game ported from the PC to consoles. Like I could understand Railroad Tycoon II's dreamcast port since you could use the mouse and keyboard with the game, but the PS1 version? Why?

Any FPS on consoles, ever.

How about an FPS on the GBA?

IMHO? A lot of shit since 2006 at this juncture left me like that.

Open dohr.

The game doesn't even work
It runs at 15 fps
Without a second analog it's completely unplayable
Even when you add a second analog it's barely any better
The screen doesn't allow you to see anything past your nose
It takes 10 minutes to navigate menus to change items

Nigger what the fuck are you on about?

What was that terrible port of Doom that had textures so small it was an unplayable muddy mess?

Tycoon games and even some early RTS games (C&C95) worked surprisingly well on the PS1 since they weren't too fast paced. Controlling them was a bit of a dick but still. That said picrelated was an RTS on PC and a vehicle-based action-shooter on PS1 and that worked best.

They were testing if there was any interest for a third game, I think

There was also a port of Battle For Middle Earth 2 on 360.

I don't know, I actually played it to the end, what are you on about?

Why would you even do that to yourself?

On the Wii U though?

They released it for everything

Try to imagine how is it like to play a shit game on an even shittier system for FPSes

surely they changed the controls?

But the Wii U though? In 2017? When the Switch was already out, I think.

At least that one had two sticks. I can't believe how many FPSs the PSP got.

none of the controllers for PC supported pressure sensitive buttons, especially for its time.

nope but the pressure sensitive shit isn't even close to essential in the game.

sim city snes was great tbh

I guess they really want to milk any cents they can get their hands on

The 3DS version is one of the best versions of the game.

Honestly the port wasn't even that bad, it added a lot of little things like crouch walking and improved backpack usage. The fact that it's a slow-paced stealth game also minimizes the trouble of using face buttons to aim. I've played the HD version since and things like aiming are better but not being able to walk while crouched was really tough to get used to after playing MGS4/V/3D.

a classic
best part was you two tvs to play multiplayer

*shit i meant you needed two tvs

i really need some sleep ive bedn up for 48 hours

No Rest for the Living is a fucking great episode too. Hell Mountain best map.

Why didn't Microsoft just port it to the OG Xbox?

Agreed, if you could play it outside of the 3DS

holly shit

because then it wouldn't come with keyboard & mouse support.

That's at least a little suspicious.

When will the Japanese "beauty mark" meme end?

It's shitty, but that was the only reasonable way to play an FPS on the go. At home, however, console and PC are equally within reach - only the PC is inherently far better for this genre.

I dunno, how powerful was GBA compared to, say, Sega Genesis? Because Genesis had Zero Tolerance, which ran relatively fine and not like this piece of crap.

The game runs at least 10 fps faster than that.

1 minute looking through the 8cahn archive

archive.8ch.net/posts.html#!v/8739669_#8740634

Manhunt 2 was on a Nintendo console IIRC, censored to hell of course

The GBA emulation in that video is total shit, the game actually runs pretty smooth.

And yes, Zero Tolerance kicks ass considering the hardware, but it's visibly a much simpler design.

The games actually work quite well, but I have no idea who they were marketing them to; all the kiddies play it on console already.

That was actually a pretty decent port. The lack of vertical aim made the analog sticks more reasonable to use than in other FPS's, and the ability to play split-screen co-op is pretty good.

You can't really call those games ports. No code was re-used, or anything else for that matter. It was just a completely different game with the same name.

SNES?

TI-83

I've actually played it and nothing you said is true

Or is it the ZX Spectrum ?

I can't remember which one it was but it was certainly a console. I've seen gameplay footage and it's all but impossible to even make out enemies against the background.

sure you have

It's the SNES port.

You sure showed him

sure I have

TFW my father bought me Black Ops for the DS for Christmas because he heard Cawl of Dooty was cool with the children

But for what reason? Which SweCuck at THQ Nordic greenlighted that decision?

I don't know much about this port, if it's a full game or a gimped version I can't be too sure. But regardless it's absurd to put fighting games on mobile phones. 95% of the people who even download this "app" are going to be playing using touchscreen controls.

everyone knows that game was ported to SNES for one reason. To dick wave it in the face of Sega Genesis. It's a shit port but an huge accomplishment form tech standpoint.

I came here to only post this

(checked)
That is amazing. It actually looks really fun

posting my example.

YOU SURE SHOWED YOU

Holla Forums hates everything, we get it. You believed the meme and now you won't let go until every single point is proven shit.

Nigger disrpove my points.
I homebrewed my 3DS, played it, hated it, uninstalled it, went to buy a SECOND FUCKING ANALOG, installed it again and realised just how fucking unplayable it was.

So go fuck yourself, if you wanna have a discussion about the game then discuss the game, don't try to meme me out of the conversation with the "durr Holla Forums doesn't like anything".

Metal Gear Solid 3 is one of my favorite games ever, why the fuck would I not want to love playing it is beyond me. This version is borderline unplayable, you know it to be true like everybody else does.

Enemies in the SNES port of Doom are always drawn facing the player, so it's impossible to sneak or circle behind them.

it was the first time i played with it, and i really did fall in love with the game, i mean yeah, even with the bad framerate, it's quite playable for me, and i had no problems playing through the game, even during more hectic moments like fighting the fear, and most of the game is slow and methodical, depending on how you play it of course. but man, they really optimized they shit out of that game, considering what it does on a tiny passively cooled, low-spec handheld.

b.b.b.but I can understand why you would want to port Fatal Fury to an old handheld (at the time). Mortal Kombat on GG for example was fun. Sure they are shitty compared to the real games but they where not bad ports considering the limitations. Its not like some of the other examples where even the mere idea of making a port is ridiculous.

holy shit this actually looks awesome

why DID Miyamoto say this wasn't possible… it clearly is!

Yeah its possible and you can see how it is also vastly inferior to the SNes version, so it was a godsend he knew what he was doing

well, it was unnofficial, so Nintendo definatly could've improved it to make it much more accurate, especially with some special chips in the cartridge

(checked)
They could, but why? They wanted to promote their new machine, not the old one.

Max Payne Advance is not a port, do you even know what that word means?

SimCity for the SNES is NOT a port, Nintendo reprogrammed the entire game, added a fantastic OST and tons of charm to an otherwise bland game. Driv3r for the GBA is not a port either.

Tile-for-tile port from what I heard (So, yes, the entire game). How good is it?

Shovelware tier

You know why
I bet most Wii games could have run on the Gamecube with a little tweaking.

are you serious? which ones?

Fair point. I forgot about the PS2 ports.

Silent Hill Shattered Memories was one.

Nigga SNES Simcity was great.
SC2000 on the other hand might have been unnecessary, but at least all features are there.

just a reminder this is not a good answer to the question of a lack of pressure sensitive/analog controls on PC

this is probably the most embarrassing answer and you should kill yourself, objectively speaking

Call of duty 1 for the DS
I played it because I hate myself.

Don't forget the GBA port!

duke nukem on the GBA was also pretty friggin good.

oh I see, you are objectively retarded.

That is impressive too. Puts the Serious Sam port to shame.

Spotted the nigger.

The GBC had great ports/counterparts of already shitty games.

pic one nigger.
(checked)
Peacewalker was the shit my house broken nigger slave.

This thread reminds me of how much Nintendo sullied the industry by putting out such under-powered devices for the sake of profit alone, knowing the girls and soft boys of fandom will buy it anyways, in addition to knowing there are many parents who will only buy Nintendo products because they are family and child friendly.

It didn't come out but it's still a real puzzler as to why they even attempted this. Granted, they did a much better job than I even imagined they could, but it still seems like a big waste of time. Resident Evil Gaiden was a much better attempt simply because it recognized the system's limitations.

From just seeing it in action my first thought was "Damn this looks like some shitty tiger electroni-"
Well then.

Also I almost feel like this GBA RE2 port could have been pretty nice.

[spoiler]I owned a Game.Com and like 12 games.[spoiler]

Well I don't know how it was from experience so I can't write it off completely. I just don't know how someone could stomach RE2 on the thing. I'm just spoiled from playing it on a PSP I suppose.

It was a weird handheld with a touch screen that only supported tapping, online capabilities to upload scores and browse text only websites, and two cartridge slots.

Sup ashens

I downloaded kof13 port for tablet once. It looked like shit, but gameplay wise it was 100% accurate and it had all characters available. I guess if you plug in one of those controller addons it would be perfectly playable.
I dunno how they monetize it though, I only played a couple of arcade fights, because fuck touch controls.

How about some actual ports instead of adaptations?

I played it. It was actually pretty good, surprisingly.

Speaking of unreleased games

It's actually a pretty decent game, which is really surprising given how the thing it's based on is.

The loading times are HORRIFIC anyway. Also, Alf's Wife for PC got updated. Mostly crash fixes.

Hitman Blood Money.

h-How?

Any of the need for speeds for the GBA. I actually played through all of them because a 3D game the GBA is really fucking cool.

Probably because Darksiders 2 was already remastered on the Wii U, so they figured keeping the first one on the Wii U would get almost 100% adoption rate from owners of the 2 remaster.

Wii U owners have a pretty high software buying rate, which could either be due to the fact there's not too much in terms of choice or that there's too few games so they cling to anything new.

Also, Warmastered was announced ages ago for the Wii U, so they probably didn't want to abandon an entire port or start a new one.

I can tell you are 100% of African-American descent and on welfarebux to buy the latest iPhone.
This isn't a meme, you are actually a welfare nigger and need to get a job or kill yourself.

Most of you should just kill yourselves

OP never said anything about footage
Reported for shitposting

My collection is pretty dull.

kill yourself new_fag

for the European side, I know of Phoenix Games, which, funnily enough, recycled most of their games and just replaced tiny things and just advertised the video part as being the whole game.