Auto-Scrollers

What games/levels of games fit this chart?

where do shumps fit in? neutral evil?

Here's an example another user mocked up, but didn't finish.

Looks like it would be gameplay neutral, genre rebel.

I was the guy who tried mocking that up.
Looking back I think I would have swapped out Sky Chase with the auto scrollers from Yoshi's Island. They move in different directions rather then left to right and in the case of that one cave auto scroller, it move over itself.

Gameplay Neutral Genre Rebel.

Maybe also swap Wind Waker to Genre Rebel Gameplay Rebel and put Sonic 06 Mach Speed sections in its place.

But Wind Waker is already in Genre Rebel Gameplay Rebel. Where did you want to move it to?

What's wrong with scrolling from right to left?

Hijacking this thread with an attempt of my own…feedback and input welcome before I populate with pictures.

if people are going to make charts, here's some good one

souls-like

Souls-lite

What do you think?

2D side-scroller with soulslike gameplay with dark, intelligent and nihilistic theme with a wicked sense of humor and pixel aesthetic

I think you should replace Gusty Glade with Castle Crush.

is the lift ride in lonesome road of new vegas an autoscroller?

Why didn't I think of that.

Better then I ever could have imagined, you are a greater man then I. Perhaps the chart should be restricted to 2D games considering, as far as I can tell the games are 2D though I do not recognize GeN/GaP at all.

Under GeR/GaR it certainly is. A similar comparison I would say could be made to the elevator lift rides in SA's Mech stages as GeN/GaR.

Super quick mock up because I have to do things soon

>Demon Souls
>Not part of the Souls franchise
u wot m8

All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

You fags don't know shit about scrolling.

GeP/GaN Should be the new Fire Emlbem games as you can turn off permadeath, alternitivly new Fire Emblem games could be GeP/GaR

FF7 also don't use a turn system it use an action timer system so it cannot be GaN

Good feedback, thanks

I also think it might be worth swapping Gameplay with the word "Mechanics" so it can be GP/MP or GN/MR

The Surge for rebel/rebel.

Salt And Sanctuary for Rebel/Neutral. The Surge for Rebel/Rebel, and Bloodborne for one of the two neutral slots. The other neutral slot can go to either Shadow Tower Abyss or one of the King's Field games. No Idea what gets Rebel/Purist

I don't know what font is used in the original but Verdana at 33 matches pretty well for the alignment names and 69 for the title.

We're Gonna Need A bigger Boat
I hope this thread makes it though the night

Are tiny segments of entirely different games even eligible for this?

Is a poptart a sandwich?

In a very, very loose sense of the word. FF6 can't really be described as an auto-scrolling game just because you spend two minutes on a moving raft you don't control.

Can Mario be described as an auto scroller game just because it has a few levels that are auto scrolled?

How is KoTOR genre neutral while Dark Souls is Genre Rebel?
How the fuck is The Binding of Isaac Genre Purist?
What are the criteria by which you define the terms?

that get

Ehh, its good enough.

I swear I'll never understand soulsfags.

I haven't played the surge I'm only operating on what I have heard. As for Dark Souls 2 it has been highly discussed how bullshit the "difficulty" is.

Armored core for the remaining spot

k

The Surge used to have a lot of bullshit but it's been patched a bunch. There used to be several enemies with completely unblockable attacks, you could be flung into deathpits by the execution animations, the enviro-hazard armor was bugged and didn't completely protect you from toxic goo, the staff wielding guards could parry backstabs, etc. That's all been patched out. There are still tons of enemies hiding behind corners or buried in wooden boxes that do nothing but wait for you to come by and jumpscare you, but they'll only get you once so I consider it tolerable.

no can do, Sonic '06 is a platformer so it must be genre neutral

It's the easiest of the three. How is it anything resembling bullshit?

Do you have the sandwich alignment chart?

I missed this one.
Sage for double post

Any suggestions?

Burnout
Dustforce
Kaizo Mario

Unleashed has slow night stages it doesn't belong on that chart at all.
From what I have heard, though I cannot confirm, vanquish should be somewhere on the chart.

Burnout would be good for Rebel/Rebel in fact you could put all most decent racing games.
That would be awsome but its 2d

Damn this gives me an idea for a "Mario Kart" chart that has Crash T racing on it…
What a wonderful exploitable.

I'd put Mega Man X or Mega Man Zero in Gameplay Neutral + Genre Purist.

It's faster than generations, even if the slow beat em up stages suck. and it fullfills the "must have the option for fast completion". The fast levels alone are enough for it.

Just played it and, it's like if the lost levels if they just killed you at the beginning lol Definately requres speed but it's 2d, thanks for the game and suggestion though.

People don't know how to crowd control, so they say that the game requires you to bait enemies out of areas so you don't get gangbanged. Strangely enough, I only ever had a problem with these gangbangs in Scholar, when everybody says Scholar is the better version.

These are really fun. I made one for technically demanding games and 2d speed if anyone is interested in suggestions.

MMx and zero have dashing but they're not that fast, at least not as fast as sonic 2.

Sonic doesn't have enough gender neutral 2d platformers.

Switch it around.

the fact that there is nowhere that Ballistics can fit in there hurt my need for speed

MOTHERFUCKING COOKIE CLICKER FOR REBEL REBEL

That's what I got.

Yeah, i combined the 2d and 3d into one
categories and finally realized that game play was in genre

You got it.

SC2 isn't a very well made game though, even though i'm a big fan of starcraft. And Dota2 and lol arn't very demanding to play, at least not as much as starcraft.

You didn't say they had to be good. I'll concede on DotA and LoL, but they could definitely still be on there but probably toned down to center and middle-bottom respectively.

It's spelled carpal.

Fuck I can't be fucked to do this but I need to make an anime one where spongbob is radical radical.

Would tribes fit into here, i played it so long ago, maybe someone here knows of a faster fps, i was also thinking about quake.

Also would tribes count under "having platforming elements"

wow, i really haven't looked into this kind of gameplay very much, i just enjoyed SC and unleashed/generations for it.

Okay.

Thanks.

I finished this game, changed the game play so that it wasn't the same thing in each category.

replace cookie clicker with rhythm games instead

replace burnout paradise with an actual good burnout game.

I should have done a tier list because that was the idea i had for this. I really didn't do the "rebel" part well.