Castlevania

so just finished the new anime. liked it enough to give the games a go. which one should i start with?

Other urls found in this thread:

9anime.to/watch/castlevania.lmyq/yw6qkx
tcrf.net/Castlevania:_Portrait_of_Ruin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vampire Killer on MSX

should have said this. only have an xbox1/360, wiiu and the 3dds

release order

You have a PC. Emulate Vampire Killer on the MSX. Or just play Castlevania 1 on NES.

Do NOT buy virtual console shit, you newfag.

First off, why. Secondly, kill yourself.
Haunted Castle and Castlevania 64. Fuck off.

Quick'n'dirty guide

Mandatory, play this first.
Optional, acquired taste, use a FAQ because the translation is fucked. Do not play FDS version if you value your hearing.
Mandatory, play a translated ROM of the Japanese version for best experience.

Optional; Port of Castlevania I with added mechanics, mixed bag.

Optional, though awesome. Balls hard but fair.

Not Mandatory, but will make SOTN make that much more sense. Also hard as fucking hell.

Optional; Original Babbie's first Castlevania. Piss easy compared to the NES games. Retelling of the first game.
Optional; Shitty port of Rondo. If you're going to bother, just play Rondo.

Optional; PSX port of Vampire Killer with enhanced graphics and sound, with options to enable original sound from a variety of synthesizers.
Current Babby's first Castlevania. Story's important, but gameplay is a complete snoozefest, ruined the series known for good level design and stiff but fair challenges.

Same as PSX version except it has Maria Mode, extra areas, a dedicated potion button, the map is a pain to get to, and load times out the ass. Most of the load time problems aren't noticeable on emulation, but on original hardware it's horrid.

There hasn't really been a CV worth playing since. Metroidvanias have some of the most shit level design in gaming.

Russian Roulette

Kid, you have to be 18 to post here. Go ask Reddit.

my pc is shit

Your life is shit.

The games worth playing can be emulated on a fucking PSP. No PC capable of running Windows 7 is THAT shit.

alright good to know

Get an android gamepad and play the games on your phone. You can emulate all of them there

You might as well start with III since the cartoon's based on it. Even a shitty PC can emulate NES games. Nip version has more sound channels, so most people like it better. Check both soundtracks before deciding if you want.
Also,

Kill yourself with OP

What the fuck? It's the PS1 port of the X68000 game. It, Vampire Killer, Haunted Castle, and IV are all reimagings of the first game and have the same Japanese title. Chronicles is the most technologically advanced Classicvania and has amazing music. Just avoid the PS1's arranged mode because Simon has a faggy redesign and the music's awful.

Oh, and don't forget that the Saturn version has awful lag, no dithering, and is very slightly stretched, completely fucking up the pixel art. Not worth playing. The PSP version also has Maria playable, but she plays differently from the Saturn version and the voice acting is somehow even worse.

That's weird, the title was right but the actual file wasn't. Meant to post this.

Eh, my mistake. Still the 'last' good Castlevania release.

OP, do you that there's two main kinds of Castlevania games nobody likes the 3D ones? The old games are linear action games but almost everything since Symphony of the Night is "Metroidvania". That has you exploring a large map, leveling up, equipping items, and getting new abilities to find new areas. Try III if the former sounds better; SOTN the latter. If you like either, try others like it.

Am I alone in this?

absolutely this. I almost can't believe what I'm reading on Holla Forums, but then I remember it's the middle of summer

I stopped there too, but for me part of the problem was that I got that one item that basically made you invincible, but by the time I stopped using it, killing enemies felt too tedious.

Try this one and it's sequel, it's a fan game largely by one guy, it's heavily flawed in terms of level design and powers but it has a really good horror atmosphere I haven't felt from the series since symphon of the night, and for the most part it surpasses even that.

The first game is level based but you revisit levels and can even find secrets within them on return, the story is in general better than other Castlevania games.

The second one feels like someone did Simon's quest justice, but you don't have a curse at night anymore, you have to defeat adherents to the lord of the castle in their own manors then you get to the main castle which is somewhat similar to the one in Symphony of the Night, but still deeply flawed.

For a fan game it's surprisingly good and the developer is now working on a completely original title about the original Vlad Tepes, I think with proper support this guy could actually outdo Castlevania, but who am I kidding it's not like the series got much farther after Rondo of Blood so that wouldn't be much of a feat.

fucking kill yourself.

I've done that three times, and each new time I think it'll be different, but man, there's just something completely unappealing about having the map I just memorized be flipped.

Maybe it's autism.

IV was my first one. I really enjoy it. It is the easiest of the Classic style but by no means an easy game. III, which I see recommended by some here, is great, but its very high difficulty can be a little offputting. Play the Japanese version if you do decide to try it. The extra sound channels do wonders and Grant is much more useful.

On the metroidvania side, I think there's a couple of good ones to start with. Keep in mind that these are much easier than the Classic series, though circle of the moon and Order of Ecclesia can get challenging at parts, which I personally like. I would start with either SotN or Aria of Sorrow here. SotN is piss easy but has a lot of imagination behind it, and an incredible attention to detail. The end game opens up into a multitude of options for breaking it wide open. The story is simple and unobtrusive. AoS is more focused. While also pretty easy, hard mode has a little challenge to it, though honestly it should have been the normal mode. The story is retarded but thankfully the gameplay is still pretty fun. It's a bit more grindheavy, but still a good time.

Really, though, you can start just about anywhere. Accept that the plots are mostly rather stupid and just enjoy what the games have to offer: top quality music and design with great enemy variety (except in circle of the moon, which has a lot of recolors). Oh and stay away from the 3D games. They suck.

If you just watched the anime then play Castlevania 3 Japanese version with a translation. Konami fucked up in the US by making it unbalanced and with bad sound. If you have a PSP get the Rondo of Blood remake, it comes with the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. If you want to get into the metroidvania's than get Symphony of the Night first, then play some of the GBA games like Aria of Sorrow or Circle of the Moon. There needs to be some infograph of Castlevania somewhere.

If you have cfw on your 3ds you could use virtual console injector to put the snes and gameboy castlevania games on there.

I currently have aria of sorrow on mine, but I only played about 5 mins of it, couldnt find a save point either.

Too bad the cartoon didn't actually have any music from the game. I don't even remember if there was music at all. Even fucking Captain N had Castlevania music.

Damn it not again

High resolution sprites just don't fly withnes's 3 frames per animation standard.

What is wrong with you?

If you are just now starting to play Castlevania because of the cartoon, don't even bother.

They are trash that's why.

It's not a Mongolian cartoon so it's not an anime.

It had Synth. Why did it have synth?

Well there are 2 babbie's first castlevania, super castlevania 4 for the original castlevanias and symphony of the night for the metroidvania, try both of them for starters.

Why the hell not?
If the series peaked his interest, then why shouldnt he play such a great series as castlevania?

How the fuck are you supposed to kill/avoid the fuckers?

Look at their movement pattern, and position yourself accordingly. That's all I'm telling you.

is there another way to watch this trash?
sorry about asking to be spoon feed but I honestly don't watch Television. I haven even Torrented a TV show in like five years, so I wouldn't even know where to find it now that most the public trackers are dead

rutracker.
rarbg

wtf ikr fam

Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night.

Follow my helpful chart and maybe you too will have good taste in videogames some day.

9anime.to/watch/castlevania.lmyq/yw6qkx

Are you new here? Please never come back and never venture off Reddit again

I enjoyed the show so much I showed it to my sister and her friend that was visiting

Timing
Getting the fuck out of the way
ZA WARUDO Stopwatch

Am I the only one who likes the PS2/Xbox Castlevania games?

Play the game it completely ripped off, except they couldn't match the level design. Super Metroid.

I haven't played CoD yet but I've enjoyed LoI

Wait, finished? 4 episodes per season?

Next season has 8

Curse of darkness is my favorite 3D castlevania

Emulate CV1 and CV3

That's still stupid.

I can agree that SCV4 is garbage but PC Engine Rondo of Blood is one of the best CV games ever.

Kill yourself with op

git proficient
>>>/cuckchan/ for being a casual faggot nigger

Editing up something special just to show you how fucking pathetic you are.

reee

Release order, the games aged well for the most part

definitely play Dracula X. In my opinion that is the pinnacle of the whole series that is otherwise inferior Super Metroid

feels bad

Circle of the Moon reuses a crapload of tracks from CV3.

Didn't even know about this, thanks user

Oh damn, they actually used shit from Bloodlines, Rondo, Castlevania 3, and… Castlevania 64??

Curse of Darkness is the best 3D Castlevania. It's actually really good.

Lament of Innocence wasn't terrible, a bit repetitive perhaps. And the story can eat a massive pile of dicks for shitting all over the canon, but it was an alright stab at a 3D Castlevania.

I think a problem with a 3D castlevania is that everyone's thinking "oh we'll just make the combat hard and that's it" instead of thinking "we'll make the whip satisfying as fuck to use, as well as making the combat AND platforming hard, and blending them to the best of our extent".
I want to wrap the whip around a monster's neck and then pull myself towards the monster for a missile dropkick or something. If we're to give credit to the notanime, it's that Trevor used the whip in some really creative ways.

My fukken nigger I have finished Curse of Darkness like six times.
I still need to finish Lament of Innocence but I dont have my xbox anymore.

I want casuals out of my series

Those games are for the most part shit, there's a different atmosphere between the 64 games and all other castlevania games which I like and the mansion part is probably the best part of the game but it doesn't feel like it was intentionally that way, also I've played through as every character except Carrie, Reinhardt Schneider a best, but other than that the game was absolute shit, and later 3d castlevanias aren't any better.

There was something so spooky about the N64 Castlevanias.

I don't think any other games have spooked me as much.

That guy uses terrible comma placement.

He's probably not a native English speaker. He also thought he was about to get sued by Konami from some anons.

pretty much this

maybe because i had friends over and i had really low expectations, but i the anime was surprisingly decent

The Castlevania experience can be summed up gameplay wise with Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night and the pachinko game

but just as the others said just play them in release order

SotN is conclusively the best game of the franchise. Play that first, then take a trip down the rabbit hole to see how bad things get.
The second best game is Order of Ecclesia, followed by Dawn of Sorrow. Everything after that is pretty much equal so you can play those in any order at all with the exception of Super Castlevania, which you must absolutely play last.

Forgot to mention, if you want to play NES Castlevania, but want it to be GOOD, then you'll want to play Faxanadu instead. It's a Falcom game in the Dragon Slayer franchise, but it's better castlevania than castlevania gameplay wise.

It's a Hudson game, not a Falcom game.

Oh, and

Nah. Faxanadu is a Xanadu side story.

Legacy of the Wizard is the game you're thinking of, which is a NES port of Dragon Slayer 4

Oh shit, my bad, I got confused. I thought the whole franchise and its side-stories were Falcom properties, regardless of publisher.

Casual faggotry goes on >>>/reddit/

I didn't realize that Castlevania was considered a "hardcore" game, user, though it definitely possesses the Dark Souls of staircase mechanics.

Shit user I only bothered to beat the colosseum in fighter mode, and I love Castlevania. Circle of the Moon might be the most underrated in the series. The enemy designs weren't that good and there were a lot of pallate swaps, but the music was really good and I actually liked the DSS system for magic after I looked up which enemies had the cards

SCV was good though. Not as good as Rondo of Blood, but good. It had the best controls in the classic series, that's for sure. I actually haven't played Bloodlines yet, are the controls there better? And putting subweapons on R is STILL something they haven't figured out how to do since.

Imagine missing out on good shit because you're this retarded. Kill yourself you autistic faggot.

Are there ROM hacks that make this more bearable? I remember playing on the NES and it drove me fucking crazy.

Bloodlines plays kind of like a mix, since you have two characters. Morrison(whip) controls like other classic vania's except you can whip diagonally downward(and I think upward too), and you can swing onto certain objects.
Lecarde(spear) can attack in eight(?) directions, and has a super jump, and I don't seem to remember this correctly but either he or morrison are able to pull themselves up vertically by attacking upwards.
It also has one of the best osts.

Thanks. I'll have to try it out soon. Currently been in an RPG mood, but that sounds really neat.

It's not, it's probably one of the easiest games out there.

Talk about casual.

That's where your problem is.

What's the context on this?

LOI is on PS2

Is there a reason for this? I remember it being really fun.

Portrait of Ruin seems to have a strange odd-one-out stigma for no apparent reason. What's strange is that it did a ton of things right and any criticism boils down to differences in preference. It's easily one of the best games in the franchise.

Probably the last decent castlevania game that played like a post-SOTN castlevannia. It's my personal favorite from the GBA/DS era. While I enjoyed Ecclesia and the others, this one was the one to go back to because it had it all. One of the last few games in my experience that had stuff to unlock after you thought you unlocked everything.

I actually wanted to play it again.
Does anyone know if there are any regional differences between Yurop and Merica for PoR?

Had some of the best level designs in the handheld series too.
Got ignored because it wasn't properly optimized for the original gameboy advance screen, so it was hard to see until the DS came out.

Release order, use a walkthrough for 2, skip everything that isn't 2D.

The spells in that game sucked. The only useful one was the one that made you run faster. It's just like every other Castlevaina game on the DS: a shit load of completely useless abilities that you'd be lucky to use once and two or three ones that you use for 99% of the game. The problem with these games is that they tried to cram as much shit into as possible and just like SOTN they would limit areas of the game to needing a certain ability while that ability is used two or three times in the whole game.

No shit that's because that is exactly what it is.

I think it's a pretty sad statement on these games that a fan made game is actually BETTER than the official Konami releases.

Also, now that it's an anime, I had a good laugh at this, but does anyone actually play Castlevania for the story?

I'm interested in a story, but not as the main focus. Truth be told I'm fond of the anime solely because it has a vampire hunter d vibe to it and the action scenes are very well done

Kys.

I did play through it, it have nice details, but the problem is that no matter how you see it, taking the current level design, that is already lacking and turning it upside down is just a terrible idea. The music is the worst part, 2 tracks for the whole thing, and ironically the worst 2 tracks o the entire game.
Even a color swapped mirroed castle would have been a way better idea than the end result.

Getting better. Medusa heads are a pain in the ass, but you can just go full murder and kill them before they reach you, advancing slowly, or just jump over them once you learn their pattern. As long as they don't spawn while you're mid air it should be easy to avoid them.

Nice bait.

CoD was cool, a lot better than LoI in terms of content and exploration, but it was way too stiff and it still have the "plain" and linear level designs, although not as much as LoI. They are both great, CoD is definitively worth it.

Over the years there have been a lot of remasters of the original songs. Some better than others. Judgment and HD have some great remasters, although way too upbeat, if you are ok with that.

People say that CotM is underrated when try hards praise it in every castlevania thread specially when it's shit except for a few details already mentioned
PoR is truly underrated thanks to the terrible anime style, and yet even that was pretty decent, and everything else was top notch even compared to OoE. There is actual criticism on my art like not being able t use 2 spells simultaneously, te terrible Dracula and somewhat Death design, not having proper multiplayer, and AI being brain dead. Pic related is a poster that came with the OST.

The spells aren't bad per se, is quite the contrary, the problem is that you're not able to use 2 spells at the same time, which would have been actually pretty good. Being tied to one spell is a pain. Also, the casting system would have work great if they properly implemented multiplayer.
Yes.

Meant to post this tcrf.net/Castlevania:_Portrait_of_Ruin
The european version have some small fixes.

He isn't missing anything here, though. Castlevania anime is beyond awful

There's retranslations, but honestly, just use a guide. Once you know the sequencing, you never have to talk to anybody but merchants.

Meh on the DS screen. It's a bit dark, too thanks to old style backlighting. Best way to play CotM is either emulated or on a GBP with a CRT, and if you can, the hacked software.

It wasn't what I expected, but it wasn't shit. The whole thing could have been wrapped in those 4 episodes easily. Usual complains are

I'm just over here, sitting on fuckin' gold.

I pray Grant comes in later

It's garbage, don't bother.

Since this list is shit can someone point me to a better one? I played Aria of Sorrow and fucking loved it, don't know where to go from there

Metroidvanias have absolutely no level design. It's garbage tier levels dressed up with pretty aesthetics. Compare to Super Metroid.

These are worth money? Too bad I sold them all for 35$ or something in 2012.

If you loved Aria of Sorrow you would want to play

If you want to try out the other style of castlevania games that are just straight level based side-scrollers play Rondo of Blood it's the best one of those. If you really like that then go back and play Castlevania 1 and 3 which are also great. Then Bloodlines and Super Castlevania if you want to see weird alternate takes on that style. They're both okay games but just aren't on the level of 1, 3 and Rondo.

Really those are rare now? I have a sealed copy of Ecclesia since I pirated it when it came out. I bought a copy just to add to the collection for like 20$ when the DS was fading out to make way for the 3DS. I also have opened copies Dawn and Portrait. I got that box with the seal that has the timeline and OST stuff as well somewhere it's packed away in a box somewhere (probably crushed unfortunately) although I'd most likely never sell it anyway.

I doubted, if he was meant to appear, he would have done so in the introduction. But yet, The whole thing will be 8 episodes and they struggled with 4, so maybe frat will have a 4 episodes arc or something like that.

The list is not shit, is just that user had a really stupid opinion over what improved the franchise. You liked the "metroid-like" part of the franchise. If you liked Aria o Sorrow play any of the GBA/DS games and SOTN.

They are not designed for your taste
Clearly is not a game for you. But that's ok, because nobody gives a shit about you. All that matters in a Metroidvania is
Muh skills faggots can BTFO. I give you that in SOTN some weapons were pretty much the same, but the ones with special effects were top notch. The rest of the AoS and the rest of the DS games expanded on that even futher with Souls, Glyphs and spells with unique effect under various circumstances.
I bet you thought CotM is good even though is a half-baked mesh between SOTN and the original games with half the content of SOTN and twice the stiffer controllers. Great for Castle exploration.

What?

I don't think people would be nearly as mad at the metroidvanias if Konami kept making normal Castlevania games. The same way people who only played the Metroidvanias got so fucking angry at Lords of Shadow 1.

True. I actually don't have anything against the classic games, I do play them a lot and like them equally, but it's always nice to see a butt blasted fag crying over muh ruined franchise.
They did made Castlevania Adventure Re-birth, that was pretty good. I don't think there's a lot to do with the original formula, actually, unless you want more of the same, which is understandable.
Yet, they actually stopped with LoS after a while and went back to Metroidvania with HD. And then Konami died.

He has a sword/axe in the sequel.

But we got Caslevania Rebirth on the Wii, which is fucking great.

Is rebirth actually good I never played it I heard nothing but bad things about the Gameboy games so I figured it would just be a pretty looking mediocre game. Though I do own a copy of legends for some reason though I've never played it. What is the best way to play Rebirth now just the Wii? Can I still buy it on Wii's eshop through vWii on Wii U or would I have to pirate it?

If you liked Aria of Sorrow you can also play:

-Hollow Knight
-Valdis Story
-Momodori IV
-Dust: A Furry Tail (srs good although furry as fuck)
but no other Catlevania game comes close AoS in itself especially not the sequel. The other anons told you the truth though, check out their recommendations.
Really sounds like some college kid after he starts talking to the neo-nazis on Holla Forums or clowns that believe in the two party system in the US who don't know history at least back until the 1100s.

Before I play PoR I wanted to play the one GBA Castlevania I hadn't finished, Circle of the Moon. Why has it been nuked off emulation sites?

Castlevania X was balls hard, that game made me depressed when i was a kid

Is it possible to pirate it on modded Wii or emualtor?

It is.

Ecclesia is $27 CIB ebay price.
The other two are $20 ebay price as well that's not awful for the quality of the titles.

There is a rom hack the makes Ecclesia Non linear I've never played it much I did for an hour at my friends place once. Could someone tell me why it was linear?

It seemed immensely difficult. I recall the gun fighter guy being awfully weak compared to some of the bosses.

you are both correct

like pottery

Can somebody explain to me why Falcom makes sequels of sequels to games that become their own series. Do they just not want people to know what games are theirs. I mean how many sub-series does Legend of Heroes have now?

Castlevania != Zelda II knockoff

Or you could not be poor and hook it up to a framemeister. That's how I've been playing it: Through GBI on the Gamecube via Component cables to a framemeister on an LCD. Looks amazing. Also controls great with the Hori Digital Pad.

I want to protect Shanoa's smile

america pls go

Everyone who uses that phrase is a huge faggot with shit taste. You didn't disappoint.

Enjoy your lag. CRT is Lag free, has perfect scaling (because it has no fixed resolution), no need for a $300 MemeMeister.

He's not incorrect. The information presented is accurate. You're committing a Genetic Fallacy, user. If Hillary Clinton tells you the sky is blue, the sky doesn't change color.

Who started that? I just watched it a few days ago. I sure liked it, especially the fight against alucard was nicely animated, but it's not anime at all. It doesn't even pretend to be.

Shame on me of thinking that anime is one thing jewnami can't fuck up.
I feel pity for kids being introduced to the series through it.

How come no ever mentions The Dracula X Chronicles? It's a PSP remake with full 3D graphics, unlockable Maria, co op boss rush AND you can unlock the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night as full playable games within it. Basically, I love this fucking game but no one ever talks about it.

Oh, and it has sound test for all three games so you can listen to the original tracks, the arranged ones and the symphony of the night tracks.

Well you see user, Rondo of Blood was normally unattainable to most western players at the time. Even in the era of emulators it wasn't as easily playable as say Genesis or SNES games.
However X Chronicles, while direct upgrade to that to the point of contaning vanilla version AND improved version of SOTN, was easily playable by everyone and their grandma.
Do the math.

No. I've played SotN for years and years, and the upside down castle is always the worst part of the game. I think a really contributing factor is that there's maybe three songs that play in the entire section, and one of them play for 90% of the time while you're exploring it.

They probably should have ended the game after outing Shaft, or sometime soon. Having to go through the exact same locations except inverted was a fucking slog in and of itself. They could have made a few more levels, but whatever.

Here, I forgot to embed the song I was talking about. It becomes absolutely grating and ingrained all at the same time

Because the 3D version aged horrible.

I don't really feel that way playing on my vita. Maybe I have more tolerance for older 3D games but the stages looked visually stunning on my vita screen and the only thing that looks dated is the character and enemy models in the cutscenes.

meant to reply to and also not to sage.

Dunno, I think they've could've used a better art style.

Good. It was a bad design, one that was quickly abandoned.

Fembois should go and stay go.

You've clearly never used a framemeister in your life.

No scaler is lag-free
And your (((LCD))) has all sorts of internal processing and scaling due to fixed resolution and garbage color/contrast that inserts lag.

Incorrect. Consider getting a high quality HDTV that isn't just the cheapest shit on the market and also consider scaling the image to it instead of letting the tv scale it. When I play my games there is absolutely no noticeable lag, there may be about 1 frame from the framemeister but I challenge you to notice it you can't because less than 3 frames is unnoticeable to a human.

I always assumed that "good taste" on Holla Forums was to be as absolutely hipster as humanly possible, thank you for confirming this

Actually disappointing.
Those with vampire blood don't age, doofus. SotN Alucard is his canon and most well-known appearance. Of course they'd use something similar to it over a design used once and never again, especially with Dracula using a design similar to his SotN appearance.
Yeah, cause that's great story telling. Just make one playable protag completely trounce the other playable protag, making the second one appear pointless. Plus, the Alucard boss in III is supposed to be Alucard testing Trevor. It doesn't make any sense to have Trevor easily win, unless you're some kind of retarded Trevor fanboy.

I bet you actually pay for a crunchyroll subscription.

the mememeister does add lag, but we're talking in the 4-7ms range at its worst. The biggest problem with it is when it receives a 480i signal. OSSC is definitely better.

there are no consumer TVs which produce acceptable results with a 240p signal

Which is why I upscale the signal to the native resolution of the TV with a Framemeister.

Or for a fraction of the price you can get a fucking PVM, and not be bothered with scalers.

get toaster PC. Emulate Super castlevania 4.

Symphony of the night if you want to play the anime.

Fuck off, faggot. Play original NES titles first, then Bloodlines, then Rondo. Nothing good came out on the SNES for Castlevania

Simon's Theme.

Which sounded better in Bloodlines. Your point is moot.

But it wouldn't have existed if not for the SNES game.

Then why does Dracula have gray hair? Checkmate vampethiests

Same reason he has black hair several decades later. He chooses to.

this. The Characterization is bad.

Since the Bram Stoker book is canon, Dracula "ages" as he weakens and doesn't feed and becomes youthful when he's properly nourished.

Why doesn't Alucard look like an old man in SOTN then?

if you can't or won't kill humans as a vampire you gotta do whatever else works mah dude.

you can post multiple images you know
Also

Thanks random faggot, surely without your guidance I would need to lurk moar. Since you posted that piece of advice I can now more efficiently shitpost. God bless you and non-cuck variety aryan semen that will almost definitely find their way into the waifu of your choosing.

I didn't realize it was a two parter until after I posted it. I also make it a point to intentionally trigger people here by referencing normalfag shit like tumbler and #hastags whenever possible.

I actually tried to do that this season since all the fansub groups seem to be on life support. I signed up for a free trial first show I tried to watch was censored. Was like what the fuck did research turns out the show it available uncensored but crunchyroll just thought naw this ecchi show that is mostly fanservice doesn't need sexy content and licensed the censored version. So I cancelled my subscription and told them exatcly why. I said why would I pay for your stuff when within a day of you putting up a show someone else put up the show uncensored with your subtitles for free. I think they were mad because even my free subscription was cancelled immediately even though it was for 2 weeks.

CAD rule.

I keep hearing this on this site, but I never see any proof, and it doesn't make any sense. Quincy being John's father doesn't make the entire novel canon.

Although I agree with you that the series was shit

Is this the shittiest taste in consoles ever posted on Holla Forums?

I enjoyed the show but I wouldn't say it's good, newfag.

So wait, if this show is based on Castlevania 3 then why do you play as Richter instead of Trevor?

What is the actual chronological timeline of the series? Seems like it jumps around from game to game.

Play in RELEASE. ORDER. FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Ok good enough but there are like a billion of these games.

Because Richter was like the fifth Belmont to actively fight Drac. Trevor was the first. III was a prequel, and the earliest chronological game in the series until Lament of Innocence. If you're confused because of Alucard, Alucard first helped Trevor with fighting Dracula in III, then, 320 years later, helped free Richter and fought Dracula again in SotN.

I'm fairly sure Simon was before Trevor.

Nope. Castlevania III takes place in 1476, while the first one and its numerous remakes take place in 1691, a good two centuries later. Chris Belmont was between Trevor and Simon, with Juste coming after Simon, and Richter coming after him. Then Julius is the next Belmont we know of.

Well shit, why Drac is so young in Chronicles then?

Vampire magic. He looks ridiculously young in Portrait of Ruin, too, which is the latest chronological game he appeared in, not counting Soma.

Something is very wrong with those proportions.

Ok, wait, shit….because I have the Dracula X Chronicles which i'm told is the remake of Castlevania 3 and that's Richter NOT Trevor.

What you're saying is that Trevor is who you play in Lament of Innocence? As I understood it (at the time that game came out) that was supposed to be the VERY FIRST step in the story.
But I guess maybe lots has changed since then.

I played Symphony of The Night (probably the only Castlevania I played all the way through and it was for a stream) but I always saw it as a separate sort of thing since you played as a vampire. Same thing with Lords of Shadow 2 or whatever (where you play dracula trying to get away from his house lol)

You are fucking stupid. Just read wikipedia or something.

Stupid about what?
Dracula X Chronicles is the PSP remake of Rondo of Blood which is supposed to be Castlevania 3 right?

No you stupid fucking nigger.
I can't be assed to explain the whole chronology to you, especially since I myself mixed up order of CV1 and CV3.
My advice stands - read some wiki article on the matter. I probably will too.

Dude, I don't know where you got that info, but you're making yourself look like a giant doofus. X Chronicles is a remake of Rondo of Blood for the PC Engine. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse on the NES has no remake.

So your hostility stems from you being shitty too?
ok…

I got it from here

Is this the Chris Belmont from the comics?

That's not at all what that post says. He's just listing game recommendations for OP.

user is shit at trying to communicate ideas. That's not what he meant.

Christopher Belmont from Castlevania Adventure for GB and Adventure Rebirth for Wii, I think.

So Trevor comes into play on Castlevania 3 which had a fucked up American release?

that's shitty.

Duh. Welcome to human psychology.

Adventure, Adventure Rebirth, and Belmont's Revenge. I don't know anything about any comics.

It's only slightly fucked up. The biggest changes are in difficulty and music. The Japanese III had a new sound chip built into the cartridge, allowing for better music than what the Famicom could do by itself. The U.S. release had no chip, so all the music was downgraded. As far as difficulty, it was largely made harder, with Grant getting nerfed, damage values being changed, and the final boss being made way more bullshit.

Music was shittier but difficulty was raised?
So if I got this on virtual console which version would I end up getting?

Probably depends on which region of VC you're buying from. If you're shopping from the U.S. version, you'll be getting the U.S. game.

Oh, Trevor also appears in Curse of Darkness, though he isn't the protagonist. He's also a playable character in Judgement, but that game has issues (pic related). Fun fact, Trevor is named Ralph in Japan.

what. The. fuck. is. that?

Trevor
As designed by the artist behind Death Note.
Here's Simon from the game. He looks like he's enjoying his design.

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong castle. Dracula's place is two blocks down.

Castlevania Judgment

It's a fighting game where they made every CV character's design as bad as possible. This supposed to be Shanoa.

Oh boy. >>>Holla Forums889221

You're better off emulating a translated JP version, although there's barely text so no need to translate anything.

Personally, I liked Trevor's Judgement design. It looks really gay thanks to the skin color leather patch, almost like a masochist, but other than that, he looks rad if you get rid of the extra leather and change some colors. He is not barely the worst judgement design. I was mad in the japanese dub of the serie they didn't call him Ralph Belmondo.
The music of judgement is pretty good, though.

Hey now, Cornell wasn't half bad, and Sypha and Carmilla at least had nice tits.

Ignore the sonyggers. On the Wii U you can get a lot of really good ones. Start with Castlevania 4 my dude.

I'm still upset they made up a completely new character to do the exact fucking thing Saint Germain does.

That's because nobody gives a shit about 3D Castlevanias even when Judgement is effectively a 3D Castlevania. Konami doesn't give a single shit about continuity or even the story of the games. From all the stupid decisions Konami have done, Judgement was one of the biggest. That was Konami's "Anime is really cool guys!" phase.

I'm pretty sure Judgement was Iga's baby that he decided to make when he finally got a decent budget.

(checked)

I don't even give a fuck about outfits, it's those terrible facial expressions that make me cringe like motherfucker.

Checked, and the only acceptable design is that OC DONUT STEEL Aeon, everyone else is from some terrible nip doujin, I blame IGA's fascination with the Death Note anime for this shit.

Castlevania 1 on NES and Super Castlevania IV on SNES are good places to start.

isn't IV just a retelling of 1?

pretty much, but the controls are much more fluent. You can whip in 8 directions. It's worth playing both though because even if the story is similar, the games are completely different in style.

Agreed.
You can just rely on the whip in Castlevania IV, whereas the NES version forces you to think of the best sub weapon to use in a specific scenario and to think more strategically in general.

well the problem with Castlevania I, II, and especially III is that you fly back a mile away whenever you're hit, and most levels in III are based on timed platforming while dodging enemies. Play III if you want the most frustrating of the early series.

Castlevania 3 is miles easier that 1, since Trevor doesn't move like he had his legs broken, Jumping in longer and faster and you don't move by tile. Platforming and dodging becomes easier for that, although dunno if that's the US release only.

I think the US version of castlevania 3 is harder if I'm remembering right. It isn't any changes to mechanics or anything though it's just checkpoint placement I think.

As I said here, , there's a number of difficulty changes, including nerfing a character.

Honestly, I find even the JP version of III more difficult, though that's mostly because of a couple of specific stages. While the first game is hard, nothing ever really felt like a wall to me.

jesus christ all of this should go die in a fucking fire!! only alucard is fucking tolerable.

If i might take a guess this was designed by a girl, this is what men objectification must feel like

They were designed by the Death Note artist.

was the death note artist a female or a really effeminate japanese fagboy?

hate to break it to you, but not a single yellow hand worked on it. You just watched western animation.

No shit. That is why it was garbage.

>>>/a/