NEW WURM SERVER - BROHAN

Alright, new server is up, running on a 32gb RAM server, with experienced GMs and a developer.

You can see information for the server on brohan.me , including map and download for our autoupdating client which will solve many issues regarding compatibility future wise.

Server is 3x experience 3x action rates, striking a balance between WO endless grind and the servers that make it last too little.
Modded, modlist's going to be posted up in website soon.
Also currently working on anticheat measures which will prevent some of the less reputable mods, like xray vision.

You can come into our steamchat if you have any questions, its at steamcommunity.com/groups/plsfindgoodgame . I'll also be monitoring this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/alXVT
pastebin.com/XKrE1RBF
postimg.org/gallery/26hgt9hxs
a.uguu.se/LXrvy6zWWoOd_1skills1.png
imgur.com/a/p9xXv
pastebin.com/10CMLXjN
reddit.com/r/wurmunlimited/comments/6mbsjy/httpbrohanme_new_modded_pvp_server_3x_skill_rate/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=wurmunlimited
brohan.me.
discord.gg/YJwAW97
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-released-client-mod-loader/
steamcommunity.com/groups/plsfindgoodgame
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I suppose I'll try this out again. How many players has the server got? Also is there any other mirror for the client? I'll try to download from the mega link but mega is fucking garbage

So far we only have the mega link, I'm working on setting it up on my seedbox to add to torrent sites as well as the possibility of a direct link depending on bandwidth usage.

Right now there's about 10-12 online, mostly on MR. It'd be great to have other groups join other factions, server just started.

Also is this the same server from
?
Why two threads?

Its not the same server, merely coincidence. This one is completely fresh, made by a group of old wurm players.

op is a fag, this is a cuckchan server and he is trying to make it sound like it's made from here. The other thread is where actual oldfags are and we have more population than this one.

yea the timing is pretty odd actually, we had just gotten ahold of everyone from that huge Holla Forums group and imagine our surprise to find that theres another server running at the same time.

Shitty site buttons, stupid carousal website.
I'd love to hear about your plans for blocking client sided xray mods though.

not him but we have an experienced programmer whos already made several things for the server and already said he could do it easily.

Except the map only has starter deeds and wont be updated for player deeds.

classic badmin

this game is pretty fucking grindy, dull and boring, to be honest

gotta play for comf

this

thats just like your opinion man

We've also developed a new kind of 4 legged animal that can be ridden. It looks like a doggo but we made it a lot bigger, I call it bigdoggo.

why don't u develop into a tree and leaf.

Why don't you develop into a decent human being and kill yourself?

nice joke if I wanted my cum back I'd ask your mom to spit it out lol.

Torrent download for client now updated on website.

TRUE OLDFAGS 8CH NEVER HAD A STEAM GROUP

what the fuck is this

Like I posted above, this isn't a new 8ch server. It's from cuckchan and the fag op is trying to trick people into playing on his shitty server.

It's a cuckchan server.

user has evolved into….. chandelier.

yea they use discord like fuckboys

english isnt your first language is it friendo?

How is what I said wrong?

also

m8 nobody here has tried to "trick anyone"
we've explicitly stated these arent the same servers. You're just assblasted other people are playing the game and you cant be the special snowflakes you've always wanted to be.

Can you fucking not?

Seriously, fucking stop already.

have your (you) and go

Do you want me to post the paste of what OP was saying in the old discord? He was basically talking about and eluding to shilling for his server (This one) and making threads that look like they are for the new server (The other thread.)

Also look at the other thread, OP is shitting on the game because people are not playing on his server.

Here's a (2). Kill yourself. This game has zero staying power. The grinding feels fun for maybe a week or so but inevitibly the autism/reward ratio inbalance fails and people bail. This has happened every single time we've done this, it isn't going to change. NOBODY should waste their time on this shit, least of all waste it playing with you faggot 4cuck discord-using pillowbiters.

ur rite tho its TOTALLY this op thats shitting on the game

good meme

Nigger it was everything but the game. If the game was so trash then why was Brosmouth great until the server move?

Nobody from 8ch uses it. So where are you from?

No, nigger, it was everyone doing everything worth doing thanks to being on a server with no competition and then getting bored. They got so bored, that the people still left crashed the fucking server. Three times on the same server, and each time the population crashed after everyone got bored with spending days doing shit that didn't compensate for all the time wasted. And then we got our own server, and what the fuck happened then? PEOPLE GOT BORED. Shit crashing and then changing hands was the cherry on top, at the end of each attempt it was the boredom of the game which chased people away. You are so full of shit. Or else you're one of those pieces of shit who capitalized on drones so you could bypass the grinding, in which case you don't know what everyone else had to deal with. Fuck off.

I was there when Brosmouth was founded you cuck. If you can remember when the playerbase died it was at very specific times. On Ivans server it was first before the move, there were new people joining constantly and most of them left due to having to restart a few days later on the new map. The second drop was after richfag decided to start a new server and divide the player base. The last one on Ivans server was the playerbase fizzleing out due to the last two.

The last server died due to there being too many solofags and towns, causing the playerbase to be spread out too much. The eventual database corruption (Which came from the game itself no less) killed any remaining players on that server that still played after the solo players got bored and left.

ANY of your criticisms could be fixed by playing in a sizable village like Brosmouth.

Better than the server with literally reddit on it

Which is why Broschwitz was such a success that there was nothing left for anybody to do but crash the server? And why Brocelena managed to get a whole two or three active players from the whole of Broschwitz? Or how the new sever ended up with barely a dozen players before it crashed from the bug, right? Even after all those threads marketing the server? Nah, couldn't be how bored everyone was, nah, had to do with us just needed one town! That's it! We needed a Broschwitz 2! Not like Broregon with its dozen to two dozen people fell because of boredom. No, we need the sweet spot of a Broschwitz 2.0 with zero reflection on why Broschwitz failed. You're right, we just need to try the same thing again and again and again and again and again and again and EVENTUALLY people won't leave after they realize there's nothing left to do in the game.

Did you even read what I said?

For Broschwitz it was made up of people that left for the New map on Ivan's server. From the beginning it was created from division. Anything after that was just dividing an already divided player-base, which is what killed Broregon, not lack of things to do.

For the last server, it died due to what I said above and in my last post, division. We had a perfectly good town at Broregon but because about a third decided they wanted to go solo or HoTS (An even more divided faction) people started leaving because the town was too empty for them.

Also of course people will leave due to boredom, but the amount that left due to that and the amount that left due to towns being divided cant be compared. The Crash killed the server for good and even then there were over a dozen people playing, they just decided to stop because they say no point and there was a lot of talk about a wipe, which killed all enthusiasm.

Yeah, and it was all retarded. Shit game, every variation has shown nobody here is autistic enough to stay with it, there's no point when there are other games that do what Wurm does but better.

You didnt acknowledge a single thing I said. Keep on thinking what you are thinking m8, even though its wrong.

theres irc as well its called having multiple platforms. #8chWURM @rizon

No rollbacks here, server still working perfectly.

I'm sure there's 50 players on your server that doesnt even work.

we'll see who lives longer.

Oh I bet you are enjoying your game with no pvp endgame in sight like the previous server that just shut down. I could care less if your server won't rollback, a certain someone insisted to the dev to install the "move things faster and all at once" mod. If he didn't there'd be no rollback. You guys did the previous Holla Forums server in February? Wasn't there a rollback on that one… whatever.

What on earth did you say to convince him to shut that server down earlier today? And why did you wait to post this thread up after he made his own server, just a coincidence?

Also this server probably has the same features as the last one that died out. It had IRC too, but that was because we were split up into 3 kingdoms and could still chat this way. On single dev's server, we were all on MR so we didn't really need an IRC anyway, since the other enemies were on JK/HotS.

Whatever again, since I love this game i'll just check out what is over here, but will always be bitter about things getting out of hand like tonights mishap.

Even if this is ebin curved, 3x/3x is too slow.

No, your side of the story is completely wrong. Look at OP times. The Grave Realm OP started on Thursday. This thread for BROHAN came up 5 days after on Sunday. Most of the players went to TGR because it was the only one. There was no division. It was this little discord group or whatever they are of 5 people that decided to go through with brohan, which inevitably split up the entire playerbase (as you can see the first few posts in this thread) because we were already on TGR. It also split up the playerbase because they convinced TGR dev to kill his server and all the hard lvling and work of the players there, most of which will never play wurm again, and especially not this one. The group of 5 could care less about the TGR players though, because they have their own circle jerk and have it easy on their server assuming this.

Get fucked shills, way to kill a perfectly good server with your attention whoring. You can all go screw yourselves. This kind of fucking drama is what has killed server after server. I'm sure as hell not joining this crap. We had a nice run boys. See you in another year mabye.

I didn't even play in any of the servers, it just pains me to see such division. I don't care who's right, it's just lame. The "chiefs" of each server should just get to a consensus and host one server together or something.

Kill yourselves you fucking shits. The first Wurm Reborn shit was doing great until you came.

Congratulations 8/v/, you managed to fall for two fucking braindead marketers. How do you think this one will die out? The dramachildren hosts will throw another hissyfit like the previous iterations?

Meh, i'm done really after being through that, don't have the motivation to come back after all.
How in the hell did this server manage to get 15 online with a thread like this? Half afk alts? Was fun on TGR, too bad we couldn't go farther, we grew too young and faded away too quick.

Honestly I'm glad this fell apart so quickly. I didn't really want to play but I felt I would be missing out if I didn't. I was kind of hoping with the epic curve there would be some real pvp but wurm combat sucks dick anyway.

One of the server goys from Brohan here, posted on the other thread.

The client dosent work fam, I click on connect to server and it just does nothing.

How many servers have you ruinous faggots been through in 12 months? Good luck building on a pillar of ash. It'll all vanish in a month again.

what was the ip of the old WRC server? when it went down i could still play on a copy of it (even if i was the only one :^))

What kingdom are non-cuckolds on on this new server? I joined MR and its full of redditors.

4/v/ oldfags are MR, HotS from last server is going HotS again, which leaves JK open if you want to go a different faction. All factions are going to have normalfags/reddit because its listed on the server browser.

ok come to MR, we are already searching for a spot (3 people)

Check the support tab on site and if all else fails, if you have the client the other server was using works and so does original.

you sound fun to play with

Do I have to grind up my skills all over again or can they be transferred from the old server along with my inventory?

faggot

they can be transferred

How is that working? Just give them your name from the last server? Anyone specific to message about doing it?

screencap your stats\items you want , upload them and post them on the (((steam))) discussioon. its shit tbh. we are three people wandering around heavily mob infested areas

just taking a wild guess here

Yeah, I don't think I'll bother.

Gonna go ahead an post this here too:

Mayor of New Brosmouth here.

So this is the situation from my perspective. The last serb, before this one, went fucking terrible. Noone fucking played because everyone split up. I had given up hope. So this new server was like a miracle to me. Suddenly, almost everyone was playing together in one town again. Our pace was FUCKING INSANE. I have been playing Wurm literally all day to help make Brosmouth great again. Even the rollback - I didn't mind, it's ok, the admin is learning. And Bowman was learning FAST. Now I wake up and out of fucking nowhere noone is online compared to the 10 people who are usually online. People worked SO FUCKING HARD on this town and now it's like "meh, I don't feel like it anymore, either switch to that other serb or ur fucked.". I bet that most will just straight up give up now because drama like that is exactly why so many stopped playing in the first place. Honestly, this feels like RIP already.

But I am willing to try to revive New Brosmouth on the new serb. However, I want ALL OF WHAT WE HAD SO FAR replaced by admin magic. The buildings, the roads, most of the shit we had stucked up and the skills. I need as much as possible replaced in order to save whats left from peoples motivation. This is already probably a killing blow so I need every help I can get. Sure as fuck none of the oldfags are gonna come to the new serb, they are tired of this shit. And I bet half the population will just give up now. And the admin just decided that because he was uncomfortable with his role, fuck all our hours invested.

So yeah. Work with me on this and I'll see what we can do about transfering everything. I'll make a list of what we'll have to restore on the new serb. You'll gain a fuckton of new players but we'll have to do everything we can to restore motivation. If you're not willing to help though - and I fully understand that you're not obliged to do so or anything, this is our old admins fault - then it's GG though. And I doubt any 8ch wurm players will ever play on anything again they don't have 100% control over. We just keep getting fucked.

It'd be awesome if they would actually do all that, but somehow I don't think it's going to happen. All I want is my skills, my cart, my 99% finished corbita, and important inventory items back. But multiply a list like that for twenty different people and they're already going to be swamped. On top of that, they have zero reason to actually go through all this effort in the first place other than to get the "old" server's player-base - but as you said yourself at least a quarter isn't going to play anymore, period. All I'm saying is let's set our expectations low and not get too overzealous before the admins have said literally anything.

We are currently working hard on making a list of everything we need replaced.

They do have a reason: They will have A LOT more people playing. And they need several factions fighting each other, else people have no purpose and the server dies. We have seen this over and over and over.

Meanwhile we're trying to make replacing everything as easy as possible.

Plus I promise I'll personally put in a FUCKTON of effort to make this server grow and stay alive if they save our asses here. I'll even write a guide for newfags at some point.

I'm currently documenting shit like our storage, the stuff we had built and the mats for those buildings and all the BSBs and whatnot. If the admin knows what he's doing as much as Bowman did then this should be not as hard to replace as some might think. We'll have to rebuild, but spawning mats is easy. I mean, Bowman could do it - and he claims himself incompetent.

To create a new object as a GM you activate your wand, right click the ground, go to special, then hit create. Then, without a search function you find the item you want with a scroll menu, set the QL and then let the item be made. It is on the ground where you hit create. Finding the item can easily take a whole minute.

Disgusting level of work for reimbursing peoples' shit when it's not even their fault. Eat your losses and deal with it, wurm is built on the concept of "nothing is permanent", it's true for the servers as well.

We're making this as easy for the admin as we possibly can.

Usually I would totally agree with the "nothing is permanent" thing. However, I absolutely cannot affort to do so this time. The strike to everyones motivation is too heavy and I will try everything I can to repair it as much as I can. This isn't their fault, we didn't lose this in PvP or some shit. If the admin wants to he can lend me admin powers and I'll do it myself and then he can double check if I didn't cheat.

I don't care what I gotta do, I'm gonna try everything to fix whatever I can in this mess.

DOCUMENTATION FOR RESTORING THE VILLAGE

imgur.com/a/alXVT
^ Documentation of EVERYTHING

pastebin.com/XKrE1RBF
^ Pastebin of town inventory

Here's my stats. Put these stats on Dasmauer. Mainly the mining, coal making, platesmith.
postimg.org/gallery/26hgt9hxs

Here's my stats as well. IG name is Rutter.
a.uguu.se/LXrvy6zWWoOd_1skills1.png
attaching image as well because uguu a shit

I'm Jazza on the new server

imgur.com/a/p9xXv
My house and it's cost

mostly care about that body and mind

Wend - just skills only

>(((steam))) group
I don't know if I want to play Wurm anymore. I'm probably quitting. Was cozy nomading my way around in the other server, though.

There's about 6 of us on MR spawn right now, about to be teleported by the admin, come play this out with us.

No, fuck this. I'm not playing with some namefag 4chan shits.

Here are my skills, I only care about the ones above 20, the characteristics and the religion.

Oh, IGN is Burzan

Ok but its just us, we aren't forming a group with them. They were in the previous server too.

Awolf here, my skills. Or the ones I want transferred at least.

Kang here, this were muh skills

Shekels can also be given in normal quality if unable to gib rares t. Piketon

Aedan here, here are the items that I want transfered along with pics related:
pastebin.com/10CMLXjN

We're working on the town center, storage, guard tower and deed first. Then the inventory and skills when the owner is online. We're working with the co-admin right now but he's doing an awesome job.

who do i pm to get added / teleport?

Here were my stats at the end. Still Flink.

keep it up men. did people get transfered? please provide status report

They're slowly working on getting everyone's stats back and the town center is terraformed and paved.

Yes, the large majority of us have transferred. If you get on soon the owner will give your skills back as well. Also the co-admin has half-rebuilt our town square

Go on MR kingdom global chat, say something about joining, and also type /invite so we can /tinvite you to a Teamchat box. We are getting stats fixed currently, and the GM has made the start of our settlement too.
We are clearing mobs so we can get the village deed planted, then we can teleport you. GM is too busy to teleport currently, takes ~5-10 minutes per character to stat adjust.

i got my skills already, i was one of the first to move over. just wanted to check since im away. glad to see we're surviving

Chucklefuck. Green lines are the only important stats.

Yeah, the admin is dealing few other groups on the server at the same time so it's a bit slow going but it's going.

Yeah this will take all day. But it can't be helped. At least we're getting it back.

Everything becomes cancerous once it's past it's infancy. When the magic of discovery and exploration are gone, there's only numbers. Wurm has been consumed, it's numbers now.

These fags don't even have good roads, I bet.
Is this the end of Holla Forums Wurm?

majority of this thread is redditors from who knows where, until yesterday everyone who was actually playing wurm was in

Mikem, skills I give a shit about are marked.

It seems we will all be swapped to JK Kingdom instead of MR, for balancing reasons. Same village spot. It'll happen later today probably.

post periodical screenshot-status reports please awolf

HOHENBROHAUSEN IS OFFICIALLY FOUNDED

Come online, enter JK if you did not already and then message Awolf for invite. People who already joined MR (which was the 4chan faction btw, nice job) need admin help to switch to JK, probably.

Also, status report:

We got a guard tower, deed up and a storage building. We don't have any items refunded but most skills have been refunded. The admins are still discussing amongst each other exactly how many items we'll get. Probably not all of them.

Shit's looking good so far.

you're not fooling me satan

reddit.com/r/wurmunlimited/comments/6mbsjy/httpbrohanme_new_modded_pvp_server_3x_skill_rate/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=wurmunlimited
You were saying? Both of these servers are reddit shit and Broschwitz is never coming back. You're both losers and tryhards.

I didn't complain about reddit in the previous thread, just pointing out that this server is garbage. It's never gonna take off again.

this is good enough

There were 30 to 50 people during the WRC days. This shit won't take off ever, I'd rather just go grind in Wurm Online.

No one ever ever joins from reddit though.

I've shilled for servers in the past and literally no one comes in from there even if servers post.

Wurm is too autistic for plebbit.

We're doing this fams. We're making this happen. See ya tomorrow.

not for me mate im new as a sun rise and have no fucking clue whats going on half the time.

good shit

mods for anyone that doesn't have them

What's goin on in the newest settlement

Something isn't adding up here.

Server back up, it just had a little restart for who knows what. Going good so far today, fountains are up on all directions in town, charcoal piles just started too.

Town center, spiritbros, usual mine, small farm so far, houses popping up, roads starting to be paved. Only real issue is trees being out of the way but it's not absolutely barren for miles.

you can change what format to save screenshots as in the menu before logging on to the server to .jpg to reduce the filesize to below 1/4 of the size of .png

Does that mess up the quality noticeably? I'd change it if not.

not realy, just compare my screenshot to yours
although I do run lower graphics settings so you have to take that into consideration

(checked)
name names

Hows the animal situation? Last time I played this game I made the mistake of mining (which, will having a mine and my own little residence inside of it was cool as fuck, mining was very uncool), so I might aim to be the animal guy.

.PNGs are really meant for images with clean, defined lines and separation of elements.
To see this first hand save a cartoon or something as a .PNG. It won't have a monstrous filesize compared to a .JPEG. The real issue with .JPEGs is artifacting when an image gets saved and passed on then someone saves the reup, continue ad nauseum for disgusting artifacts.

Dedicated. How many times have you guys gotten to the same point just to have it all wiped clean?

There are plenty non-hostile animals around. They even wrangled a few pair of bison for carts so far, or at least were working on another pair last I was paying attention. Mostly have hostile stuff cleared out, walking there is a wild ride though.

Juicy Fruit Farms south of Broschwitz and lemonade making before the cooking update

Request for logs. Reason: Charcoal to make steel Armor
This is a quest for any Woodcutter in the village. Within 12 hours of this post, I would like someone who has 30+ Woodcut level to gather 300+ logs with one of the carts that have large/small crates.

The coal QL depends on the log QL, so a 40 QL log pile will make ~40 QL coal. I want quantity at this point so anyone can take this task. We need steel pumped out. Thanks. Your reward can be steel armor for you and everyone.

The crusade in the north begins.

H E L P

Why?

Lol, gg lads. Guess the cuckmin will keep cucking us. This is what happens when you don't take command of a server. It was fun while it lasted.

Yea, he banned me because I use a mod for the game called esp, he's probably butthurt about it.

bahahaha get banned faggot

Its only a 7 day ban, you guys can keep playing if you want. I'll be back to armor smithing next week, just have some charcoal piles going in the meantime.

You're not the smartest kid around are you?

Well, that's fucking gay. I'm done on this server then.

See you guys next time one of us is hosting it.

I have used ESP, but i do agree that it is not the fairest of ways to play.
So get rid of your ESP and play it like you and me should have.

every time

I dont think it'd be a huge issue in a PVE server but in PVP with people looking through forests and buildings and the ground itself, that's not very nice to be against if you're not using it.

This is a PVP server

we do need a list of prohibited mods / activities. i'm not putting a lot of time into this to get banned by a paranoid mod for some stupid shit

though i can't really argue with it in this case

It would be pretty fucking gay.

Owner here.
You shouldn't have to worry too much about being banned with it. I feel this was a extreme, prime example of things I should ban for though. I feel xray is pretty broken, especially for a PVP server.
That said, I do understand your concern. I'll be sure to think of a list of not-allowed mods for sure, or not-allowed concepts for mods and post it on our website or something. Probably tomorrow.

What about getting rid of the player highlight option from the mod and, say, leave the mob one?

no

why even would you want that? the whole concept of that mod is to wallhack and see stuff without having to find it

I feel that would take the fun out of dungeons. I mean, yeah, it's not nearly as unfair as, say, PVP xray. But it still kind of ruins some of the 'experience' of the server. Take it or leave it.
So while I can understand that compromise. No.

Also, I'm going to be finding a way, even if it's a bit hackish, to detect what mods are being used. It would be more difficult I'm sure to figure out exactly which functions were being used in the mod, to only detect against that.

i'm fine with banning x-ray and things like that, it kills the fun, i don't even like the fact there's a world livemap on the site.

what your talking about as far as detecting this though sounds like the equivalent of forcing everyone to install something like punkbuster. force everyone to install a mod that reports on other mods. naturally if someone really wanted to, they could tweak that and get around it, and now your playing back and forth, either that or you really play games and you tweak the executable on the pirate client, at which point you just installed a backdoor into everyone whose using it, which is obviously not cool

its not a livemap, its basically just an image of the world at its start

There isn't. It's a static image. It's the beginning of the server with the base locations set up, but nothing else, and it'll never be updated to have more.

No clue what that is.
I'm hoping to find a way to do it through just the server alone. I've seen one server already do it, but they didn't mention how, of course. So I'm sure it's possible, I just need to wrap my mind around how wurm works better.
Still, I agree that it's not cool to essentially installing backdoors into other peoples PCs.
Though, on the other hand, if I 'have' to force people to use my client to prevent xray, and do that whole route, I just might. It's a serious consideration.
I mean yeah, it's really hackish, it's nasty, and it's dirty. But if it needs to happen to help secure a healthier, more fair server, I will do it.
I'd much rather have a fair experience for everyone, and have less people, than have a mess of cheaters running around, with more people.
I'd much rather have a smaller, honest community, than a larger, dishonest one.
So I'll do that, regardless of the cost and how much I, and some others, might hate it.
And, as a player, I'd much rather play a server I knew was fair play, with a custom client and a 'backdoor' than otherwise.
So, take it or leave it. I'll do my best, but that might be what happens in the future. We'll see.

I hope you did not ban anyone for using it without telling everyone to uninstall it first. Because afaik you did not officially tell everyone to get rid of it now. I mean I'm gonna do it now, obviously, and I hope the news has spread. But in my opinion for rules to be fair they have to be officially announced. For example on brohan.me. You can't expect everyone to always be told everything. Though I don't know the exact situation behind the ban: Just sayin, man.

imagedump inc

imagedump end

Also because of this it would be really nice if you could unban him. I guarantee he will not be using this mod again and I doubt he did it knowing that it was "officially" against the server rules. That and he is our goddamn armor smith and without him we are fucked. Right now we are getting Rolf'd left and right, in a massive team effort we finally built a landbridge to a wood but it has countless mobs. Now I log in and out of all people guess who's banned: The one person we need to fix the problem. Not to mention the pisspoor dirt layer making it almost impossible to properly set up flat areas, priest restrictions and that the admins still did not find a decicion on how many items we can get back. I feel like you're just waiting until we are built up so that when you say "no you ain't getting shit" it won't hurt as much.

I think people would just pass on this incarnation and wait for the next private server that goes up rather than installing some shady shit on their PC. Even if it is to catch cheaters. There are other servers to play on.

like WRC, now renamed to DRC or Digital Refugee Camp

You niggers blew it being the same namefags per usual. Just join Discord while you're at it.

This. Few people from 4chan or Holla Forums would be dumb enough to install shady shit someone they don't even know programmed himself. Find a different way man.

I'll give this a go again. I stopped playing after the second Broschwitz revival and don't know anything that happened after it.

Join JK, message Awolf.

You need to add a list of rules on your site. You need to add a list of disallowed mods.

You better get cracking on that personalized game client, if wurm online had found a manageable way to ban client side mods they would have done it a long fucking time ago. Now the people who use it just won't post screenshots. Since it's clientsided entirely there's no way for you to know who could be using ESP. Also consider the fairly sizeable chunk of players who own the retail version of the game. None of them are likely to stick around on a client that has a fucking backdoor.

Reminder that people made their own ESP type mods back on badmins server well before anyone from the official forums released the ESP mod. While the halfchan admin might be able to prevent people running ESP, it won't do shit to stop people that are using their own custom mods. I'm not saying that it's wasted effort but surely the admin must understand that it'll be easier to balance things if EVERYONE is using ESP rather than pretending it's no longer a problem whilst a select few reap the benefits.

Admin, we've been pretty patient, afaik none of us bothered you at all yesterday. Did you guys decide on the whole item refund thing yet?

Yes.
The answer is no.

brohan.me/wurm/files/readme.txt

These are the basic rules for now. It's mostly common sense except the thing about dirt walls. Very high dirt slopes can be used in place of walls as an unbreakable barrier. This is considered an exploit and generally ruins the fun of PvP as well as restricting viable deed layouts, so it's banned. Raised dirt embankments with actual walls on top of em is fine, just don't build actual walls of dirt (or sand, or whatever). Also if you settled on a mountain or something like that it's obviously fine.

We're open to suggestions for other rules if you can think of them. I think "don't be a dick" mostly covers it though.

You faggots listen here, you self-entitled little shits.
You deserve NOTHING.
Were it up to me, you'd have been thrown into your starter deed with nothing more than the rest of us. Instead, you got your pitiful stats transferred and your fucking area cleared for you like a bunch of goddamn helpless children.
You literal fucking niggers. If you can't handle some fucking mobs and other shit without resorting to outright cheating, maybe you should try loaded dice in fucking Candyland instead.
You're all pathetic whiny little shits and I bet you're fucking Communists, too.

reminder
[15:14:15] I'm a coal burner, you mongoloid, get it right

Enjoy your lmaonosteel, nerd.

you're fucking kidding right

say that to my face faggot, not online and see what happens

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Magranon Monastery, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Jenn Kellon, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top longbowman in the entire Mol-Rehan Archer Division. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this map, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the server and your soul is being located right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your deed. You’re fucking dead, heathen. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with weaponless fighting. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Mol-Rehan Navy Forces and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the mainland, you little shit. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue, wastrel. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Hey Faggot, My name is John, and I hate every single one of your characters. You are a fat, retarded, no-life who spends every second of their day playing a stupid ass game. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have you ever gotten any boipussy? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures of anime. Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than “jack off to naked drawn Japanese people”? I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot boyfriend (He just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are a faggot who should just kill yourself. Thanks for listening. Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch

Is this one of those 'We reserve the right to change this with no notice to users' things or will you make the rules abundantly clear in-game and in-thread?

Also will bans be permanent or just temp? Will there be a strike system?

looks like its temp bans with what im assume will be perma if you just dont get the message the first time. The guy using the xray only got a 7 day ban so as long as you aren't retarded like him you'll be fine

We can and will change it frequently as the server grows and changes over time.
However, I will make note to change the MOTD to reflect when the last update to the rules were.

There might be strikes for someone. There might not. Your best bet is to not push it in the first place, and you won't have to worry about it.

So what will happen to Mauer? We do need him in the village and to be fair at the time of the ban there were no existing rules for this.

Or if his ban has already been rescinded then nvm.

Have you guys considered not being retarded and thinking about what sort of thing is considered acceptable in a society and server of not comrpsied of faggot niggers who spend all their time talking about how they "dindu nuffin" and "gibsmedat"?

Rules will eventually appear in a MOTD message.
I can't speak for other admins but if I notice someone starting dirt walls I'd just explain to the person that they're not allowed, if they didn't know they were doing something wrong it's not a big deal. I'd then set them back to a reasonable height. So working on them would be a huge waste of time, that's a bit of a punishment in it own right.

Obviously if it keeps happening despite the rules someone will have to be banned.

Read the OP carefully.

This. First declare rules, then ban. Real basic admin stuff.

really makes you think….

I read the OP a while ago and must have missed that line. Either way, now that the rules are established I would agree with the punishment but a 7 day ban when we need him most hurts more than just Mauer.

Not cheating and then posting the pics in a thread about making anticheats for a server is real basic non-retard stuff
I wonder what that makes your buddy, you casual fucks.

No wonder the Holla Forums server admin wanted out, I feel bad for him now.

Yea i get it man but thats what happens. Its really not that difficult to just NOT cheat

We respect the decicion of the admin, whatever, we got the skills, that's enough. But consider the whole story before you think we're just begging for free communistic gibes. We're not asking for anything we did not work for.

We were asking about items since it was brought up by the last admin and mentioned by the current ones. We really dont care atm since we are all set up and have everything we need. is right as well. read the whole story.

As for not reading the OP, most of us were linked to the thread from the previous server's thread and I guess people either thought it had a very similar OP or just didnt care to read it.

Ignore , that's just cactusboxer. We have purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

Keep trying to ask him back, and I may make the ban permanent.
Yes. I'm serious.

His ban was 7 days. I feel that's fair. If you disagree, well, as I said before, I can make it longer.

Really nigger? I am surprised this little power can get to someone's head. I was just asking a question that may effect the whole fucking village. Nothing too serious right? It is only OUR FUCKING MOST ACTIVE PLAYER AND SMITH. Who knows if he will even want to continue playing after 7 days of being banned?

Great admin work right there m8. Way to show that you understand the situation and can show some maturity.

Your decicion is respected. However,

Seriously man?

I should make it clear that I have no issue with the decision staying. I just wanted to ask a question.

Do you stupid motherfuckers really think you're the only ones to have ever played Wurm before this server?
We didn't get shit for us, meanwhile you dumb fuckers lie, cheat, and manipulate, then wonder why one of you gets the banhammer for essentialy bragging about it on here like one of those dumb niggers posting pics of their crimes on facebook.

You communist fucks are not entitled to jack diddly shit. It's been said repeatedly that it's not going to be changed just because you fags complain.Quite frankly, you stupid fucks need to remember that the server is not a democracy and even listening to your opinions is merely a courtesy.

You did a damn good job on this training man this is fucking hilarious. :^)

I asked the admin ONCE if the ban would be lessened or has already been. That is why I had the reaction that I had. To be fair he did cheat and as I said I have no issue with there being a punishment. However saying that a ban would be extended or made permanent just because I asked a simple question is a little (read. very) absurd.

Other admin here. This is correct, and you raise a good point, since there is no accountability on an anonymous board. I can guarantee there will be no ban extensions based on what is and what isnt posted here or on any other threads regarding that specifically, since there is absolutely no way to guarantee other faction won't just keep posting about it in order to get it banned or some random troll to wander in.

Regarding that, also, admins will only officially comunicate in their admin role ingame and through the support ticket system as is normal. If you have any specific requests or bring something like this up, its always done through the proper channels.

As a whole we're extremely annoyed by xray vision mods because they've ruined servers we;ve been on in the past and it was a while before we even found out they were happening, so we all have many a memory of being killed in the middle of a forest when there was little chance of being found and being confused at how it happened, so we dont want the same to happen to the players in our server. It generates a massive disadvantage and we really really have 0 patience for it by now.

ye man I get it, but you arent the first one to ask for a lessoned punishment or a revoking of it altogether and it really starts to wear on the nerves after the 5th "no he cheated"

That implies that mods like that will be banned in the future, not present.

The only player, other than admins, we interacted with was some guy demanding our porn and iron. Either he's bitching up a storm or the admins themselves are.

You are cool, good admin

You are a faggot of the highest order

We have been playing wurm for ages now and we know your troubles with ESP too well. However there was simply never a way to ban it without it involving a backdoor. And I hope you can understand the point of view of people saying "Wait a minute, I don't like cheats either but we are not at EA Games here.". So we simply learned to live with it. And now we agree to stop using it, no biggie, but like some guy in here said before: If you can't prove it you can't make sure it's not gonna be used. It fucking sucks but what can you do? How do we know half of the other factions ain't using that crap secretly? I bet they suspect us too, even though we didn't even have a single interaction with them on the server yet. That said, none of us are planning any PvP bullshit yet, we're just happy we can all play together again, but as we speak two people are already being spooked out of playing because of this drama - because we have seen this before. Like I said: Admins just keep fucking us. Of course that doesn't mean you guys will. But many are too afraid to put countless hours into this just to get meme'd on again.

Based on the air of hostility in this thread - which in my opinion is completely pointless, btw - many already feel like we are not wanted on this server in the first place. Though of course it is hard to say how much the opinions of the trolls reflect those of the owners. If you people don't want us it'd be better you just tell us so we can start working on our own server rather than investing way too much time into this one again. Just saying. (And I am saying this to the admin, I don't care about the opinion of some cactus which we had zero interaction with ingame.)

Many of us know their shit about java and server management and wurm in general and would probably be willing to help with all kinds of stuff, by the way. I think a healthy relationship between us and the administration would be good for both sides since 8ch has a lot of wurm players.

Also, thanks for being so cool about this.

tfw slightly less shitposting now than earlier
feels good

You're a communist little fuck who got their hand held for stat transfers, a fucking teleport, a fucking cleared area, then continued to whine, bitch, and lie, while cheating throughout and begging for more gibs.

Sorry for invading your safespace, ya fuckin' pansy.

There is literally no reason any of you should have been allowed to get away with the crap you shitters have been getting away with, and then you beg for more.

no it fucking doesnt, that implies there will be ways to detect a cheat in the future

yea thats cactus just dont reply to him

The "air of hostility" is mainly coming from either cactus (in which case just ignore him he's autistic as fuck but we love em) or from people who just dont want to deal with players they see as constantly asking for handouts. Like the first things we saw from 8ch on this server were people complaining how "theres too many monsters" "the admins just teleported us here like we asked, gave us flat land, killed monsters for us, gave us a starter building, and we cant survive at all without divine intervention" one fag was even saying "guess we'll just stay here and suffer till the admins decide whether they want us here or not" even after getting all that free shit and skill transfers from an older server onto a younger one. THATS why people are annoyed and nobody wants to deal with this shit, because some of you are giving off the appearance of not even really wanting to play the game and instead just want to beg for free stuff and then complain when people say no.

So, that guy isn't the owner and you guys won't be forcing players to play on your client? I find that odd seeing as the poll asking if we'd play with your client popped up not long after

Player here. He's the admin and has been thinking about it. He was in a bad mood last night, but I personally don't think that'll happen. It would be alot of work just to have half the playerbase quit.

That said I do hope he finds some solution to the problem, xray mods and such are the worst meme

What's the server stance on timelock mods? Like always noon visually.

Different admin here, but not

In this case it can be proven because there's literally a screenshot of the client with xray activated. As for the rule in general, I totally understand your point, but I think you can see why asking us to allow ESP simply because we can't always prove everyone isn't using it is a little absurd. We are working on ways to make it so we can, but even if that fails and we remain at square one, ESP will still not be allowed simply because if we do catch someone cheating, I think I can speak for all the admins when I say that's not someone we want playing on the server. I personally would prefer to play with 3 people than to play with 100 people and half the players are cheaters. And I think you agree with this. Of course there's still the matter of enforcing such a rule, but regardless it will remain in place.

You're right that it's completely pointless, and I apologize if you feel as if you're not wanted, because that isn't the case. As said, there is no accountability on an anonymous image board, and by and large the posts stirring up shit are being made by random people, not admins.

What I want, and I think everyone who isn't a memeing fuck wants, is to play PVP Wurm with their bros on a server with a decent population, with minimal cheating fuckery going on. We, too, have been burned by admins or servers going down and what you said here
Is exactly how we feel as well. I don't think there's any disagreement here between us so hopefully there's no need to argue at all.

We may call on you in the future, who knows. If the server gets more people we might need more admins, or maybe if we want to code a feature and can't figure it out we'll see if you know anything.

I see your point fam but the spot that was picked was picked because we assumed we were getting our stuff replaced. The mobs of course are not a problem with a guard tower and a deed up - but until that was replaced (and it was) the 10 or so people who were online could all just stand around in a building and wait until the tower was up - hence the whole "hurr we are at the admins mercy" shit. Again, situations not properly communicated.

We probably would have picked a different spot but would have been okay with staying on the server anyway would we have been told "tower, deed, skills, one building: yes. your shit: no." right away. Can't exactly speak for everyone but I am pretty sure of it. We're fine though - except that some now feel like this drama is gonna be the end of it all. Shit's never easy. Being the mayor is fucking hard, yo.

I made no mention of either of those things, and as
the OP establishes, there is more than one GM.

Admins went into a good deal of effort to accomodate you lads, one of them even missing work for a day so he could get the skill transfers done over and quick. Everyone wants more people around and it being a pvp server and everyone being a bunch of memers theres bound to be shitposting.

This I find in agreement with, though I dont think a healthy relationship can be achieved through anonymous posting, so we may think of a way or place voices can be heard where shitposting wont get in the way.

That's one of the admins. It is/was being considered, purely so it's easy to prevent cheats from being used (and also to push cool little stuff like custom quotes or a custom in-game map, or whatever else we want). However I (other admin) personally don't like the idea for the reasons others have stated: If you actually own the game, you shouldn't have to download another client. And also, asking people to run an executable they downloaded from a link on 4chan or Holla Forums may be a bit much. Also of course the custom client doesn't register your hours played into Steam which is absolutely critical for me to remain confident in the length of my E-penis. So it's up in the air.

just make an irc channel. Would solve all the issues about anonymity and shitposting.

I know, no disagreement there fam. And if you can find a way to fight ESP without it being everyone having some backdoor open we're all cool with it.

He missed work for that? Well shit. See, we didn't even know that. We probably wouldn't have wanted that and could just have waited, too. Communicate such things, man. We're not savages who you can't talk to (and if one of us out of nowhere becomes such a savage he gets kicked).

As for a way or place for voices to be heard: Ingame IRC would probably help a LOT.

i feel ya man, but it seems like it was just some miscommunication. Our admins werent told that people were promised stuff was getting moved over

does any one have the discord by chance?

The cucked one or the old one?

the one for the last serb

discord.gg/YJwAW97
This is the one from when Default was admin.

thanks

No need for drama, i'll be back in 7 days, obviously without using esp, i'll still post screenshots as its fun to catalog current events/quests. Just make sure to get the new guys to 20 FS on the practice dolls, those giant spiders were a mess.

Why is Wurm's soundtrack so fucking good?

Server crashed. Awesome. Guess we all get a break until the admins wake up.

whats happening here, connection refused. why?

Serb crashed. First time this happened. Doesn't neccessarily mean there is any damage, but we have to wait until it gets restarted. And the admins are asleep.

Where are you faggots located in map? I'm the boatfag who got decked during the WRC rollback. I plan to not become a resident but it'll be handy to know :^)

Not gonna post coords in thread fam.

is it still dead?

I'll post here when it's back.

SERVER'S UP

In my dreams ;-;

kys my man

S-Sorry i'm just bored ;-;

hey goyim some of the 8ch fags are hosting some tf2 vintage while we wait, come check it out

Friendly reminder that Communists aren't human and JK sucks

I mean, shit, you're not wrong.

ITS UP

Server's up, there was a problem with the server providers, """"""""maintenance""""""""".

Why you do this?

nigger it actually is up

piratefags are having an issue atm but the legit players are able to get in. Admins working on the issue atm, Ill try and keep you goyim updated

Sorry. The custom client relies on the filehost being up as well to check for updates and server status.
Since that's down at the moment, the client won't run.

Hopefully we will have this figure out soon.
Please be patient. Again, sorry about all this.
The machine running everything is just having some issues at the moment.

Works for me, i've got the steam client. Try the WRC Client. i think it should work.

Whats the server IP and Port then?

158.69.243.49:3725

PIRATE CLIENT WORKS I CAN CONNECT

hold off on doing stuff goyim skillgain seems a bit bugged

(((admins)))

What are the changes you made to priests?

Priest restrictions are enabled, but priests are able to do some things like continue buildings, pack, make flowerbeds, and pave. We did this because we felt the vanilla restrictions were too restrictive and forced you to make an alt for priests, but if we removed restrictions completely everyone would just go priest all the time.

All changes will be shown in the changelog at the site. Working on improving site a little next as well as adding all info on all mods.

Ingame IRC when? Didn't we learn that communication between admins and the users is important?

I would like future dramas which are entirely the product of the lack of communication to be prevented. And I don't want to be dependant on a thread just to talk to the admins.

You can usually find the admins in the steam group.

Went into that chat. Noone was there.
Tried to talk to the admins in steam before. My messages got ignored.
I tried, didn't work, now I am asking for an alternative that works. So far every server I have been on had this and it helps a lot.
Can't even /tell you guys ingame. Why would you want to keep such a massive barrier between you and your community? Many on Holla Forums do not like Steam, this isn't a new thing.

We're not on wurm constantly. An in-game irc would be pretty useless when we're not on to begin with.
I'm not sure if it's possible to connect to the irc using a external client, but even if it were, I for one am not downloading yet 'another' chat program to leave open when it'll go largely unused.

That's very strange. There's usually at least 6 people in the group at once, and most of them know us more personally to get in contact.

Try to talk to us in PMs. We're also not constantly paying attention to a group chat. The tab is almost always set to 'new message', so I for one don't bother checking in on it every minute that it is.

Reminder that we also have an email, which the support page lets you know about.
We also do check tickets when we are on.

That's what you're demanding from your users. Just saying.

I did.

Whatever then, just don't blame your players when miscommunication happens again.

I for one never got a 'message request' thing from steam. I can't speak for the other admin, though.

Most people would have steam installed already.

like what?

was it really free?

reminder to not be like cactus

it was free first aid skill

So uh
Which of these mods are actually safe to use and confirmed for working? I remember LiveMap and ImprovedImprove being GOAT, but I'm not sure about the others in that pack.
For anyone who doesn't want to download it to pop it open and see:

There's also no installation information.
You might want to include the ModLoader in OP:
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-released-client-mod-loader/

You asswipes are still playing? wew lad. So the current server is PVP or what?

Went through these myself and basically cavevision and disabletreecollision+ClientRenderTweaks together are the only really iffy ones
admins weigh in on this pls

We're still making the rules up on a case by case basis, so a lot of it is changing as the server evolves.
So far, the decision is cavevision is fine, disabletreecollision is fine, but clientrendertweaks is not. It's essentially forest x-ray.

I'll be sure to update the rules soon to reflect this.

Need a village invite. Online now in JK chat

Would be cool if one of the admins could respond to us. Wrote a ticket, tried reaching both Anyndel and Athethia in (((steam))), jkfounder / Prokione are not online. Kinda hard to get in contact with anyone like that.

How hard would the learning curve for this be? I've never played Wurm before, but it looks interesting..

Depends on your goals ingame, oldfags can give you tips and tricks

> tried reaching both Anyndel and Athethia in (((steam)))

I never got any requests to chat.
Also not seeing anything in group chat.

Really, the best way for you to contact Athetia, me, is to send me a email at [email protected]/* */
As 'soon' as I get a email, both my tablet, my phone, 'and' my computer will go off with an alert.
I responded to the ticket, but don't expect us to always be on to see them immediately. We do have other things we'd like to do aside from be in Wurm constantly, so we're not always on.

steamcommunity.com/groups/plsfindgoodgame
Just join that and open up a private channel with me.

As a sidenote
Either it's one person shitposting, or there's something going on. I've never had any alerts for new messages yet, and I 'do' make a point to keep watch for them.