Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

sm2du.officialforum.net/t201-super-mario-unimaker-download-topic
archive.is/jYThx
mediafire.com/file/e0r60h5kzh5u06i/MegaMaker_v1_0_0.zip
zeldaclassic.com/
mediafire.com/file/qjjchwqoc4c09a3/MegaMaker_v1_0_1.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Will you be able to make super hard levels that take you inside a giant Roll?

GG no re Megaman fanbaby

When just fucking a loli robot wasn't enough

Hell, if the guy asked, I'm sure he could get 8-bit Deathmatch's assets for 7, 8, and the other non-NES games.

EVERY SINGLE TIME

I was gonna say something like "too little, too late, Capcom" until I saw
I should've realized that even something like this would be too much for Capcom.

It's a shame. These fuckers never learn to just RELEASE THE FUCKING THING and instead go to advertise it and then cry because of legal actions.

Let's hope they learn someday

I don't know where you're getting this C&D shit from. Mega Man 2.5D released not long ago and that wasn't C&D'd, neither was mega man deathmatch. And a few years ago, Mega Man x Street Fighter was even promoted by Capcom.

The glorious new age of Mega Man fangames continues. However:
Put them in the game as easter eggs if you want, but featuring them in the trailer is retarded.

I agree with this sentiment under most circumstances, but isn't Capcom usually lenient with this kind of thing? Street Fighter x Mega Man exists. That said, there's a Patreon, no matter its purpose. Who knows how that will factor into things.

They are. It's just summerfags splurting whatever meme they heard last.

The point is WHY EVEN TAKE THE RISK WITH SOMETHING OF THIS QUALITY?

>Not calling it MegaMaker and having custom user assets, one of which just so happens to be Megaman

Profiting off of another company's IP, yeah I'm sure that'll go down just fine.

Patreon is a fucking blight, every retard with a copy of Unity now thinks their work is worth money without considering the greater implications of turning something into a financial endeavor. I really hope the IRS investigates Patreon at some point because I'm all but certain 90% of these idiots just see it as "free money" and don't realize they need to pay tax.

What quality, played mega maker, have you? And what risk, there's no precedent of mega man fangames being c&d'd.

Still hurts..

I'll admit I havent played it myself, I am just really excited about it and am fearful of it being taken down.

At least that means Rush Jet, Rush Armor, Beat, Rush Punch and Sliding are in the game.
Oh boy. This gonna be good.
Prepare your anus for people putting spamming fuckings near instant death drops.
That's understandable.
And nothing of value was lost.

And it's still better than Mighty Number 9.

The thing is Satan, why taking the risk at all?

I hope you're right and Capcom doesn't go full kike on them.

The Patreon is supossedly for paying the Online Stage Sharing server, which is still fucking dumb. Thy should just make a site like SMWCentral or something alike

Well, calm your tits, faggot. It's not gonna get taken down, and just launching a fangame like you're proposing is even riskier, because the company could just outright sue you instead.

Yeah, and there was no precedent for Metroid fangames to get a c&d before AM2R. SEGA is generally supportive of fangames, yet Streets of Rage Remake got a c&d. You never know when a corporation is going to suddenly turn around and decide this one fangame needs to be shut down. There being monetary gain involved, even if the game isn't for sale, just makes it more likely.

What's wrong with Mega Man 9 & 10?

Guess you're right, user.

He's probably still salty over the slide and charge buster.

It wasn't the first time Capcom was pozzed, but it sure as fuck marked the end of good Megaman games

Am I the only one who's sick to death of Megaman in 8 bit? Mega Man 2 and 3 were great, but do we really need more nostalgia stroking shit instead of trying to make different Mega Man stuff? ZX sold like absolute shit, it was the final nail in the coffin, I guess people just want the same old 8 bit beep boop shit over and over.

I really want to summer to end

Wouldn't mind more X stuff.

Wouldn't mind more X stuff.

Are you really serious, user? That's the dumbest fucking reason to be upset about a Mega Man game. The inclusion of a woman is more likely due to creative shortage and the success of waifubait on the Zero series. Besides, the boss is easier than Toad Man, so it's not something to brag about.

I kinda get you, user. I'd love a Maverick Hunter X2, a Megaman Powered Up 2, or a Megaman ZX 3, but this is nice as well at least we still have Megaman X Corrupted

HOW CAN I MAKE MONEY USING THIS

By that reasoning, Mega Man X sucks because they ditched the convention for animals.

To me this says 'We don't want to make a game. You make it'

I'm sure it'll be full of garbage levels like Mario Maker was, too.

It's a fangame.

There are three Battle Network games in progress, one almost done, and two early prototypes from 8/v/. We'll see if the 8/v/ ones get anywhere. I remain cautiously optimistic, but I'm not holding my breath.

At least you won't have to go through them, like in Mario Maker

It would be nice to have a source code for this down the road. The prospect of having more bosses and tilesets is interesting (16 or 32 bit Megaman games bosses adapted into 8bit could be fun to see)

I like the idea, but editing the NES Mega Man games is piss easy now.

What's even worse is that you can't have a fangame/rom hack thread without faggots sucking game company cock.

There are a shitload of Mega Man fangames out there and they haven't been C&D'd, Capcom isn't the type of company to do this, as shitty as they are.

I like the idea, but editing the NES Mega Man games is piss easy now.

What's even worse is that you can't have a fangame/rom hack thread without faggots sucking game company cock.

There are a shitload of Mega Man fangames out there and they haven't been C&D'd, Capcom isn't the type of company to do this, as shitty as they are.

fucking nice

It still doesn't mean it's right for companies to shut down fan projects when clearly they're paying homage to them. Copyright law is fucking retarded.

Is there no way for a copyright holder to give temporary permission to the copyright or something?

Megaman 6.
Megaman 7
Megaman 8

Megaman 9 & 10
I couldn't care less about splashwoman. But don't butcher a game series that was fucking evolving in the right direction because of MUH NOSTALGIA.

the summerfag thing to do would be to overhype the fuck of this game and act like it won't get C&D'd.

Whoops. I guess I was that frustrated, sorry about that.

But the series already evolved with Megaman X and the Zero/ZX series. Megaman 9 & 10's sole purpose was "MUH NOSTALGIA". Also, by your logic, Megaman 10 would be a step forward in the series, as it introduced three playable characters with different playstyles.

I understand why you don't like Mega Man 9 & 10, but it's mostly harmless. To each one it's own, I guess.

Isn't that a tarantula?

inb4 "Companies have to protect their copyrights." disinfo.

No, he didn't. It was a shitty "localization" move done to make it edgier for the West. In Japan, he considers it, but Wily reminds him of the three laws and Mega Man freezes. It's probably the best argument that could exist for starting development on X.

It won't get C&D'd, though.

It's the name that image had when I grabbed it from Volafile

Was made more in-your-face for the West but the overall end-result is about the same; that Jappo Megs had to be reminded of the three laws would suggest Mega Man came dangerously close to completely skirting around them, whereas burger Megs was about to but ultimately didn't get the chance.

One was a glorified item, one was a glorified weapon. The energy balancer was the only new thing.
What? It was the same as the previous five games.
Actually something new, but it was in both 9 and 10, so I fail to see how it's relevant to the discussion.
"Localization"
Except it doesn't. You could have mentioned the fact you could fire the normal buster even with a weapon equipped, or the fact Mega Man can swim (though I think it's worse than just having a better jump), but you decide to bring up a non-existent plot point in a game series barely about the story, based on a plot point that only existed in the localized version of 7.
So? Does the gameplay suffer at all?
An actual mark against it.
He lost the charge buster, which was stupid to begin with, and the thing about 8 that I mentioned, which you never even brought up. Those, along with the slide, are the only permanent upgrades he ever got.
There was barely any fucking character development. Mega Man largely stayed the same. It's a huge fucking point of the franchise that Mega Man is limited by his programming, while X isn't.

That's not how it works. A robot can't just do what it's programmed explicitly not to do by "forgetting" about said programming. The point of that scene is that Mega Man wanted to kill Wily, but ultimately couldn't due to his very nature.

You're right about this, but Companies DO have to protect themselves from the risk of other people suing them.

Example:
Company A releases a game and Indie Developer decides to make an unlicensed sequel featuring an original character (we'll call him Jim), now if Company A decides to release an actual sequel and they include a character who in any way, shape or form even vaguely resembles Jim they're actually at risk of a lawsioy gtp, Omfor Frb nrsvide jr vsm argir that his work was stolen by Company A.

It's the same reasoning behind why companies like Hasbro write back to 5-year olds who send in fanmail that "your letter has not been read and was, instead, destroyed" or why Bethesda's license for the Creation Kit means anything you make is technically their property - they can't risk, 20 years down the line, someone saying "hey I came up with that idea first, I own it and now you owe me royalties".

Tbh Capcom did not C&D Magaman x Streetfighter, Rock Man 7FC, Rock Man 8FC, MegaMan Unlimited, or Mega Man Rock Force? Mega Man Maker looks fun

Let's be real, the story became exponentially more important over time.
Arguably, the 16 and 32 bit games suffered from being so, not because it was actually worse in itself, but because it led the developers, who understandably wanted more detail, to increase the size of Mega Man on screen, which means you can see less, and makes it feel more cluttered.
Explain your logic on this, please. The charge buster is one of the most memorable and beloved elements of Mega Man, not to mention it actually has a reason for existing gameplay wise

Holy shit, user, are you okay?

Yes, in the other Mega Man series, like X and Zero. Story was never a biggie in the classic games. Even 8, with it's full anime cutscenes, was mostly just "evil alien energy lands on earth Wily uses it, new good alien robot helps Mega Man."

It trivialized things. You could one-shot groups of small enemies. Instead of having to put yourself in harms way with rapid-firing to deal lots of damage, you could simply poke in and out of the way with charged shots. It reduced how extra effective weapons were on bosses, since you could do a lot more damage with the charge buster. It made the games easier without adding any depth. Contrast it with the slide, which allowed you to dodge attacks but had to be timed well, could put you in harms way if it wasn't, and allowed for different kinds of level obstacles to be used. There's an actual level of skill involved with the slide.

I always hatted the Charge buster because of 2 reasons. First, it was annoying sounding and second because the game was re-balanced around the weapon. So enemies that normally took a few shots where turned into bullet sponges. The best skill added to Megaman was the Slide. Removing the slide form MM9 & 10 was a huge mistake.

You can say that again.

i wish they would have done it like Mario maker where it was every distinct form of Mario graphics instead of simply mega man 1-6.

reported this to capcom, enjoy jail kiddo ;)

This.
MMX4-6 was pinnacle of Megaman aesthetics, while MMZ1-4 was pinnacle of Megaman gameplay.
But no, I guess evolution is bad and we should be stuck in 4 colors and 2 moves prison.

These are good points, but I think it's the result of lazy implementation, rather than it being a bad idea altogether. In theory, it should add depth to the core gameplay, by encouraging the developer to experiment with a greater number of enemy behaviors, placements, and combinations, thereby encouraging you to make decisions about how you're going to fight, not unlike any special weapon.
I'm not sure what you mean with this one. The charge shot is still worse against bosses, since you have to wait for it, and it doesn't do as much damage as their weakness, or cause any special effects.

It'd be nice for sure, but it's a fangame. The budget is in autism, not dollars. It'd be a ton of man hours to make the MM7 and MM8 versions happen, when there's only one game worth of content for each. MM1-6 makes sense, since they're all consistent.

You fucker.

A tarantula IS a spider user.

Each subseries went for something tonally different and evolved along the way. I agree that X4-X6 is probably the most polished, and my favorite, but comparing them directly is flawed, I think. Each one reached its own pinnacle, too.
Were the Zero series thong shotas as stupid as I thought they were at the time, or have I just gotten used to the stupidity?

Cool. I thought it was like a wolf/dog kind of thing, where it's related or a descendent, but not actually a subset thereof. Now I know.

I worded it poorly. What I meant was that it does much more damage than a normal uncharged shot, and, since time you spend dodging probably isn't time you're spending shooting, you basically get a free charge whenever the boss isn't vulnerable. This means it's much easier to kill bosses without their weakness, making weaknesses much less important than they were in previous games. Also, the charge buster just doesn't have any downsides. There's no reason to not use it.

Looks pretty good so far.

Capcom doesn't give a shit if fans make Mega Man games, otherwise the Mega Man 7 and 8 demakes, Mega Man Unlimited, and the countless Game Maker Mega Man games wouldn't have been released.

What a fag.

Holy shkt mo oidlx.

Why even live.

Right, so Mega Man even considering the idea should've been verboten. That he was in the first place was a sign of individualism, and if truly given the choice if he had free will on par with X's he'd probably have done so. Asimov did dictate a "0th law" that a human could be bumped off or injured by a robot if doing so would protect other humans. Exact wording is “A robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm"; it was a Three Laws conflict (assuming Mega Man follows the 0th law as it does 1-3) that gave Jap Mega Man pause but made burger Mega Man inadvertently go maverick.

No, they're pretty stupid; stated artstyle was to slim down all the Reploid designs, except Zero's the only one that gets radically reconstructed and all the rest look either the same as Zero with different colors and helmets or are still bulky as hell ie Fefnir. Gets worse when the Complete Works states that it's just an artstyle and Zero "truly" looks like he does in the X series.

He can consider it because he's programmed to emulate human emotion as closely as technologically possible at the time. He just can't act on those emotions if doing so would conflict with his programming. If the end of 7 was a conflict of the three laws, it would have happened at the end of 1. The three laws aren't his instinctual drive, they're just rules he has to follow. Even if he tried to go through with it, he just wouldn't be able to pull the trigger. It would be like a mental block. Hell, we don't even know if he's programmed to follow all of them to the letter, or if he only can't bring harm to a person.

ij djiy niyjrt gyvjrt

because most game developers do this to get notoriety and hopefully get their foot in the door with a real company. They don't actually give a fuck about the Product (in this case Mega Man). Just based on the User interface I believe same people make a knock off Mario Maker.
sm2du.officialforum.net/t201-super-mario-unimaker-download-topic

That didn't get much attention but this time they got coverage in Polygon and Kotaku. Its just a wantabe developer looking to get into the industry and this kind of shit looks good on a portfolio to stand out form the crowed in an industry flooded with Streetshitters with H1b visa willing to do your job for a fraction of the price.

made*

BONER FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE STOP IT

A lot of these fan projects would have been nothing without the support they got from the community.
Announcing your project isn't just for ego, it's for gathering extra artists and devs that might be interested in the project and receive community feedback to make the game better in order to supplement your lack of playtesters.
The only instances in which not talking about your game would work are when you're already an experienced game developer who's worked on dozens of projects in the past, already have talented spriters and artists to help you out for free, and you don't care about the reduced exposure you and your game will get due to the fact that you had no time to create hype and released the game literally the moment you announced it.

At the end of the day, C&Ds are the problem, not the community. Focus on the root of the problem and not on ways to work around it.

At least pick out the smug faces that aren't on the first results of a google search, newputo.

Why don't they pull out a Pokemon Prism and say that someone 'leaked' it?

Because eventually, everyone is going to say it and nobody is going to fall for it anymore.

I'm actually not announcing my fangame specifically because I don't have those comforts you listed. The goal is to become a worthwhile programmer/artist/musician, not find them. The reduced exposure is definitely still a problem, though.

After so many failed projects including mega man time tangent I'm ecstatic there's a fan made mega man project that hasn't crashed and burned.

You become a worthwhile programmer with experience, not with a single project that you're subjecting yourself to working alone on in the hopes that doing so will make you get better. Same with art and same with music.
I remember getting much better when I worked at a multinational dev company for a year, and then looking back at my past projects and realizing how much shit they were.

You're right that a lot of times, devs need help to complete their fangame. However, there are channels to do this that don't involve loudly broadcasting yourself to the world. C&Ds are a problem, but it's not a problem that you, as a developer, can fix, so the next best solution is to keep your project as under the radar as possible. I mean, the presence of ticks may be a problem, but it's still your own fault if one bites you when you go walking into the woods with no preventative measures.

Then how did you get the experience to work at the multinational dev company in the first place? You have to achieve something, however small, before others are going to want to work with you, do you not?

I agree. We're not game developers making a fan game though. At least most of us aren't. We shouldn't be directing our energy towards telling devs how to work around the problem, but rather attacking the problem of overly jewish copyright itself.
Amateur game dev IRC channels?

I started out as a Jr Advanced dev. They have positions for every experience level, provided that you're competent enough to begin with.
I got promoted to Senior in a year and even offered to work as the head of a small dev team (3 people)

We should be doing both. Attacking jewish copyright will take a long time, even if successful, and that's time fangames are going to be developed. You don't omit to advise people to escape a burning building when you're fighting the fire.

Isn't having completed projects under your belt a part of demonstrating that, or do they just ask you to fizzbuzz and give you the job?

Yeah you're right. I don't see much effort going into fighting copyright on this site or even gamergate though.

But without advertising your fangame beforehand, how will you ever get donations that are absolutely, utterly unrelated to your fangame?
The age of doing it for the art is over. Welcome to the age of the gibs.

homosexuals are not welcomed. You need to leave

what a horrible world

Can we play as girls? I want to play as girls.

I feel like a goldmine is being missed here.

You don't understand what you are asking for. If they made even a cheap F/GO style with gacha mechanics for battle chips that had but a tenth of the mechanical depth of the games the autism storm would encompass the globe and the world's communication airways would be choked by the endless deck building debates. Heaven forbid they have Navicust. There's worse things than death here.

I've never been asked to do fizzbuzz
They give you a technical interview. Depending on the company, the interviewer might be a HR fucknut or an actual dev. He asks you several questions that help asses your technical level and sometimes gives you a small problem to solve. Not a general copypaste problem like fizzbuzz, but something actually relevant to the specific language and/or framework you'll be working on. That was my experience at least.

can robot have a gender?

To be fair, the mechanics could translate well into the smart phones for the in-game battles, just tap the tile of where you want to go and tap the chips to use.
As long as they keep cosmetics and shit to the paid Gatcha and have the Chip Catcha exclusive to in-game currency then I can see it not being a pay to win shitter.
To think we have all this techonogly and yet we haven't made anything close to a NetNavi.

Yes
But don't impose your preconceived notions of gender on them shitlord

Once shimejis make the jump to mobile we're all fucked.

Robots can have puss-puss.

borderline clank territory

You have the respect the robot according to our jew masters. Or you will be the perpetrator of a victimless crime, so to prevent it, we need to regulate the market.

archive.is/jYThx

And MMX5-7 were the pinnacle of being rancid turds

You say that like it's a bad thing

Meant to say X6

Nah, kind of a fag for stuff which questions the border between humanity and a robots anyway.

Thanks for the feel, user. ;-;

Metal doesn't have a gender.

if your favorite classic megaman isn't 1, 3 or 7, you have SHIT taste

What are the chances of them having Megaman Xtreme assets added in at any point?

Maybe if this takes off they'll add in X stuff

Wait till it comes out and autists make impossibly hard levels and video tape yourself screaming autistically at your computer and upload it to youtube.

They did recently DCMA the Monster Hunter mod for Ark: Survival Evolved, but I assume that was just because their Monster Hunter World thing at E3.

Which sucks. I miss scaring the shit out of people on my server with the sudden appearance of a Deviljho.

Neat

Isn't MM2 generally considered to be the best?

user is clearly above the ignorant masses, ok?
They're like sheeps, while he's the messiah.

Would be better without the piss

How is that any different than 3DPD women? At least you can reprogram robots.

lrn2romhacks

Only difference is that the robot won't take your house or WiiU once its over. Also, no sagging tits.

The only advantage of real women is that they are self cleaning, and even then not all of them.

They really shouldn't feed my autism like this

Can we finally play as the boss robots and try to defeat megaman?

100% sure there's already a fangame dedicated to that. Two, actually. They might lack polish, but they seemed like fun

I just want some X/Zero/ZX fangames already. I don't think I've heard of any besides unfinished and yet to be released ones.

They added a feminist landwhale character.

You can do that in Powered Up.

This guy gets it. The day of the

>>>/robowaifu/

is near. They will try to take them from us, but too many will want them, and once too many have them, then we will be able to fight those who try to take them from us. Fight them with robotic force.

There's someone working on an X maker that includes Lua scripting.

How many more days until the C&D?

Nothing as basic bitch as Zelda Maker or this, but plenty of people have learned to romhack for it. Survival Island in particular was shaping up to be pretty impressive.
>Actually adds in new functionality to the game
Shame the ModDB/IndieDB got purged.

That or nintendo apologists ready to find another company to throw under the bus why screeching "See, this company is totally worse than nintendo!"

How has nobody leaked this yet? They're giving it out to basically every Youtube Let's Play faggot that asks for it.

Will they make it?

I doubt Capcom is going to cease it. Megaman X Street Fighter got a official promotion and got into contact with the Megaman Unlimited guy for using his assets.

To be fair, the 0th law was never official, it was just theorized by a pair of robots as a possible way for them to kill a human villain. (As I recall, neither of them actually killed anyone, though Giskard caused someone brain damage and was complicit in destroying the world - for humanity's benefit.)

Asmov DID explicitly state in one of his short stories that if a robot was faced with something like a multiple hostage situation - where killing one human would prevent multiple deaths - the robot would logically kill the one guy because that action violates First Law the least. ("Do not harm" and "do not allow to come to harm by inaction" being of the same priority.) It also mentioned that the robot would probably suffer a mental breakdown after doing this.

By that logic, it could be argued that killing Dr Wily was the right course of action, especially since First Law doesn't specify "kill" but puts all forms of "harm" on the same level: killing Wily prevents him from harming millions.

Or maybe Rock was just programmed to be an edgelord.

Rock (Pre-Mega Man) was built from the ground up to be a son first and foremost, and has A SENSE OF JUSTICE BEYOND AAAAANYYYYY COOMPAAAAAAAARE. He's probably one of the least edgy entities on the planet, to the point of being stupid, which is part of what makes his dynamic with Proto Man, and Proto Man himself, interesting.

mediafire.com/file/e0r60h5kzh5u06i/MegaMaker_v1_0_0.zip

came out this morning,shit's pretty fun to mess around with

you used my oc. This is your final warning

Is it really that hard to make a basic platformer?

Share levels?

>one difficult area with spikes to show this mechanic off specifically. Respawning cylinders are abound, but you can take out the turrets by reflecting shots to make it much easier. fucking reflector even lets you kind of hover if you spam it

I made a tower level. You only have the Buster and T. spin, but you can use T. Spin to get shortcuts and items.

This level inspired me and I made my own stage with the reflector. It requires the hover trick you mentioned.

What is the Genesis Unit as a postgame for the three games on a collection, contrarian prat

(Cleared)
Pretty cool. Successful proof of concept. I like the idea enabling bullet hell style scenarios.
(Cleared)
I enjoyed the use of the Top Spin bounce, but it feels like you could have gone farther with the concept. I really hate vertical levels.
(Cleared)
A proper evolution of the concept. Actually required some skill with the hovering, in conjunction with the floating platforms and lasers. How were you supposed to handle the corridors with the ricocheting cannonballs? Shinesparking didn't seem to work, but there was no reason not to just slide through them, since there was roughly equivalent health on the other side. The fire area was frustrating.

apparently capcom doesn't cease and desist games unless they

Suppose I'm making a level which abuses glitches that I've found. Do you guys want the level to suggest how to use the glitches, or do you want no direction at all?

They've seen the Sonic fanbase, that's why

At least Capcom isn't doing what Nintendo did with Zelda Maker.

Hard to say, as I don't know what the glitches ARE or how you would demonstrate them. But I'll say that the best Megaman levels usually introduced a concept in a safe way before making you use it.

(For instance, Quick Man's stage has the Giant Lasers of Insta-Death appear at first crashing into barriers so you can still get past them even if you're not fast enough, before upgrading to the full-size ones later. Or how in every Mega Man game you first encounter disappearing platforms over solid ground, before they make you cross bottomless pits using them.)

If you can find some clear, non-verbal way to indicate what to do, the first time - and ONLY the first time - you need to do it, that's always best.

Mega Man Unlimited is the best Mega Man game.

Prove me wrong.

zeldaclassic.com/
Nintendo never D&C'd it.

I wish there were some non Robot Master bosses and alternate player characters too. Overall it does seem fun though.
Someone already made Loss.

Didn't Capcom have a Mega Man level creator game in development before they shitcanned it back in 2012 or so?

I think there was a level creator in that one PSP game.

Yeah, most of Powered Up's replayability came from beating the game as Dr Light's robot masters, which gave you more level elements to work with.

there are quite a few Zelda clones that are not D&C'd.

There are also several Mario games (provided they are shit) that have not been D&C'd, and an endless number of Clones. To be completely honest all you need to do to make a Nintendo game clone without getting a D&C'd is essentially reskin the game and possibly but not essential add a single gimmick.

Metroid Clones:

I am not defending Nintendo's Jewry but, in all honestly they are not really as strict as people make them out to be. They just don't want Mario staring in a Porno.

The shinespark works as an attack for a really small bit after you press the button. Using the shinespark right before the cannonball hits you will destroy the cannonball and you can move forward a bit. They move fast so it's pretty difficult.

That's not how it works.
Those clones you mentioned have nothing of nintendo's intellectual properties (characters, songs, general assets, etc.)
For it to be copyright infringement you have to use an intellectual property you don't own as your own, such as making a game(or movie) starring Mario himself or having a pokemon game with actual nintendo owned pokemon in it.

Nintendofags ARE summerfags

Nintendo's extreme legal action team go full tilt after anyone who uses Nintendo's NAMES unauthorized on the internet. I'm starting to suspect it's at least partly automated, as people have recieved threatening legal form letters for making jokes on their blogs ("pornographic website uses the PIKACHUâ„¢ trademark") or that one Suicide Girl who got a DMCA for daring to mention that she liked Metroid.

And yet a blatantly X-rated game like Plumber and Princess is allowed to exist and be sold for money, because it stars M*rio.

Also
Why not just go ahead and call God of War and DMC Zelda clones?

I think parody laws are more lenient in Japan, considering all the doujin there.

Is that "game" any good?

Because they're not THE Mario and Peach, it's just characters that look a lot like them. :^)
This pre-school logic actually works for parodies, so they're safe.

Could be. I'm sure the publishers are being especially careful and know exactly what their rights are.

(checked)
For an H-game, it's surprisingly deep, though a bit of a grind.
It's kind of a combination of Mario, a roguelike, and Pipe Dream. You have to smash blocks and lay pipe to get water to various rooms in Peach's castle. Once you successfully get water flowing to the same room twice in a row, you get an scene.

Whether you succeed or fail, your points are banked to buy power-ups that make the game easier.

It's an interesting little game, but kind of fails as an H-game because there are only three scenes, and the amount of work you have to do to get one is tremendous.

There's a free demo on DLsite if you want to try it.

(also checked)
Dubs of truth. This is what the game's going for - but it's so blatant, it's astonishing that AM2R got taken down and P&P didn't. That, I guess, is the legal loophole, and if the AM2R developer had only said it was a M*troid game starring S*mus, he might have been left alone.

To prevent dragging the thread entirely off-topic: does Mega Maker actually allow you to construct entire game scenarios (with a full 8 robots and Wily stage), or is it just a single stage affair?

Single-stage. It's also quite limited in what you can actually do with it; it isn't feature-complete as far as the NES games go. Select tilesets from each NES game, three weapons from each NES game (MM1 has four by technicality as Magnet Beam is available as a utility-power like Rush), though it does allow for slide and charged-shots with an option of whether you want 4, 5, or 6's charge shot. Curiously there's several bosses available whose weapons aren't, ie Bomb Man is available as a placeable RM even though Hyper Bomb isn't available as a power. You cannot make a full game with this unless you uploaded eight stages and two or three Wily stages (Wily isn't available as a boss to place, and the MM2 Wily 1 remake that was bundled with the game had to get creative by putting Pharaoh Man on a floating platform in a blocked-off area to the right of the screen to try and emulate the dragon), and definitely not a truly custom one. It's probable that it was intentional to be about as limited in scope as Mario Maker, even if it's actually more limited in several respects.

It works with WINE, user.

But it runs kind of slow on my laptop (Thinkpad x220, Core i5, 4GB RAM, Intel HD3000 Graphics). I don't know if it's because of WINE or bad optimization.

I didn't read that before trying the level. Using a unknown "trick" is a bit of a dick move. Especially because that first jump can be made with a slide jump. What makes that first jump worse is that you force people to re-fight those first two sets of enemies that are not a challenge but a time sink. However it wouldn't even be so bad if it wasn't a leap of faith into spikes (at lest for the first jump) and also completely doable without the gimmick. You should have first introduced having to use hover to get to a platform without a death trap then have the more challenging version of the same jump right after a checkpoint so their is less downtime between tries. But once the player realize the gimmick its much easier and actually a cool stage. Maybe rename it stage "Spam to hover" or something along those lines because the basic use of the reflector is very intuitive and is not at all the challenging considering you have unlimited ammo.

new hotfix patch
mediafire.com/file/qjjchwqoc4c09a3/MegaMaker_v1_0_1.zip

made a forest stage with bones and loads of bullshit
has a secret exit

Thanks for the heads up, mate.

Made a basic level just to learn the ropes of the editor. Nothing real gimmicky, pretty short, and rather easy.

I'm not sure what to rate that. That Metal Man fight was just pure dickishness.

Pretty gud, made a mine level that I tried to not make hard.
Someone, somewhere right now is making a megalovania level, I know it.

You're right, but unfortunately, I don't think there's a good non-verbal way to communicate some of these.

It's because of bad optimization. I'm running it on an AMD A4-6300, 4GB RAM, with a GTX 750 Ti, on Windows 7, and there's still significant slowdown around.

Wew.

I must say, I'm really disappointed by the lack of content. I was expecting to have the tools to at least recreate every robot master stage from the first six games. I especially dislike how they spent time making non-Mega Man weapons when they don't even have every weapon from the series.

Didn't like it all that much. There was a lack of direction, and I skipped a large part of the stage just by falling down a pit. Is there a reason you made Top Spin the primary weapon? The stage didn't really feel designed around it, and Stone Man was very easy to cheese with it.

Other than first level I didn't see anybody really taking advantage of the "primary weapon has infinite ammo" so I tried to make an easy stage that could be beaten just by using top spin. If the large skip you're talking about is falling down in the first bomb room that was originally unintentional but I decided against putting spikes. I planned on keeping the same tileset for both shafts but I learned the background made having the background enemies I wanted a pain, so I switched over to metal man's bg and dumbed down the platforming a bit.

I forgot to mention that I did like the climbing shaft. It actually felt advantageous to use Top Spin well, there. I like what you tried to do with the disappearing blocks, too, but it felt pointless.
Not having a pre-boss hallway is just wrong, though.

have you ever played the original Darksiders? Its 100% Zelda clone but with a Todd Mcfarlane aesthetic.
have you even played Neutopia or Golden Axe Warrior?

maybe

Yes, therefor they are clones. You see, you can make a fan game that is essentially a 1-1 replica of the original and merely change the aesthetics and Nintendo cannot do jack shit. That doesn't make them any less a "Fan game" or "spiritual successor" or clone. But even if you want to be pedantic their are countless Pokemon fan games that are not D&C'd that I could also use as examples. It seems to only be important if the project is 1) directly using a Nintendo IP and 2) Being competent enough to get widespread attention 3) Uses the IP in a manor not approved by Nintendo. Other then those three rules you could essentially make a essentially make a 1 to 1 clone of Mario 64 with a OC that handles just like Mario and a few revisions to the level design with reskined monsters and Nintendo would do nothing.

cool, hopefully they add more weapons, bosses and enemies soon. The pool is ok but it would be nice if there where a bit more enemy verity. Some of them seem redundant.

Darksiders' dungeons, except the desert one, are definitely straight from Zelda, as well as some of the mechanics, but I'd be hard pressed to call anything else in it a Zelda clone. The overworld is very small and restrictive, the combat is closer to DMC, and the blade shard hunt at the end is more akin to Metroid Prime.

fine whatever
but you do realize Metroid was just originally designed to be 2D Zelda in space

Sure, but it still has many key design differences from a Zelda game, and I specifically mentioned Prime, which has the Chozo Artifact hunt at the end. Simon's Quest is closer, in structure, to an entirely side-scrolling Zelda game.

Yes but you do realize that even if I grant to you that Darksiders is not a zeldo clone (which it is), their is still a plethora of other examples.

This is because they just took the demo Super Mario Remaker demo (which they already created a few months back but got C&D'd) and slapped Mega Man on it.

this user used it

Fun level, also neat how you laid it out so that it was somewhat nonlinear and you didn't just proceed by heading right. But because of this it was also easy to skip some of the challenges and I ended up out of bounds on a few occasions stuck in walls. There also where a few bottomless pits that where not really pits at all. The two best parts was the jumps before the boss and the bomb jumping puzzle (before I realized it could be skipped). The boss wasn't hard just took way to long to kill by exploiting top spin. Generally speaking, would be nice if there was a way to set boss weaknesses. Also didn't even realize you included the buster until I got to the boss and likely is not necessary to include at all.

I'm not saying it isn't a Zelda clone, nor am I disagreeing with you that there are Zelda clones out there (3D Dot Game Hero is a huge one). I just disagree with the notion that Darksiders is just Zelda with a different aesthetic.

I agree with , the best part of the level was that section where you are climbing up.

He made Roll with some special extra parts too.

Actually the boss is weak to the mega buster
Also 25657, a more appropriate name might be "get to the top, end at the middle," but eh.

Short and sweet. If the correct way for the player to go is down a pit, you should make it obvious by walling off the right side of the screen, so they don't try to proceed that way first, since it's the most logical path. Toad Man didn't attack me once and just kept jumping. I've found that certain room shapes will affect the boss AI, so maybe that has something to do with it.

YE YE (YE)
This one had its ups and downs. The lack of direction towards the beginning of the level was annoying, but everything between the bomb platforms and vertical shaft climb were fun, which was surprising, since vertical climbs are normally terrible.

I figured it was obvious enough, seeing as it was a long, thin pit in a screen otherwise completely occupied by floorspace, but I'll keep it in mind. I didn't think it was too bad of a sin, seeing as actual Mega Man games did it.

I didn't realize he did that. I only included him in the first place because he's a ridiculously easy boss, and he was the only one that fit a sewer level. I realize the sewer aesthetic fell apart by the second half. I just thought, mid-designing, it would be cool to transition from sewer to secret underground base.

I thought that was intentional. Whenever I tried to gain distance on Toad man he used his rain attack on me, so I just darted back and forth in the middle of the stage and shot him every time he dropped between jumps.

Oh, that's how he actually works in 4. I thought was saying he never uses his rain attack, no matter what.

I was saying that. Maybe it just never happened because of how I played.

Oh, how'd you guys feel about this spot, by the way? I thought someone would bring it up for being a bit dickish, but none of you mentioned it.

I honestly had more trouble with the first couple of lifts right after the checkpoint

I think I got lucky, the shot that enemy on the wall shoots grazed by me as I shot up, and I managed to get to the boss checkpoint without a scratch. I was nervous coming up to it though.

Oh fuck. I didn't expect going inside the walls. That was cool.
The teleporter killed me the first time. I'd suggest a stationary version of the moving-platform guy from Mega Man 1 placed over the pit to catch you before you fall in, but otherwise this level was pretty neat.

I've got a little challenge for you guys.
This is a level that requires the use of bugs to succeed. It tries to explain them to you, but you'll have to do a bit of thinking yourself to figure them out. I'll explain them thoroughly after a bit, but I'd like to see if anyone can solve this. Assuming they're not patched, they could lead to some interesting levels.

I found that right after I posted.

Hope you don't mind but I re-balanced your level and tweaked a few things. More even overall difficulty.

nice dubs
I got through it. I really liked the text, though I couldn't understand the "Strt" message (was it telling me to use an M-tank? I got through that part by doing the rapid-shine hover, using Nado, then shine-hovering again)
It's a nice puzzle level. Cool/10

Oh shit nigger what are you doing

It's definitely not fun in the sense that Mega Man is. It could just be frustrating, but I thought it might be up someone's alley, especially since learning them means exploiting other stages. You haven't actually arrived at the first glitch yet, though.
Essentially, yes. There's a platform at the bottom right corner of that room you're meant to land on. The main purpose of that room is just to demonstrate the reflector's infinite durability. It won't shatter no matter how many hits it takes. It's probably not a bug, since Top Spin's bounce chain also won't end even when it's out of energy either. Top Spin is actually the optimal solution for that room, as it saves Shine and Nado's energy for the next area.

Ah, shit. It's meant to convey "Nado + Start." Pausing while Nado is in progress prevents it from ever entering its "used" state, meaning you can start up another one before you hit the ground, and fly infinitely as long as you have the energy, or it's your primary weapon. Assuming you were using the start menu to change weapons, you found the intended way. The only other person I showed it to understood, but I guess that's why you're supposed to playtest with a lot of people. Was the meaning of the first set of text obvious?

C&D are not legally binding you fucking retard.
The problem is the disbeliefe that they are and peopel complying wehne they could use the paper they've been written on to clean their ass after taking a shit and NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN TO THEM.

I figured it was something to do with pausing the game to use Nado multiple times. Thanks for the explanation. I think the teleporter at the end of the room should've been a bit higher up because I got through it without using that exploit.
"NO" might possibly be considered "don't go this way" but I think I understood after a bit. It means something like "No energy but it still reflects! Nice", right?

Oh, sorry. I was referring to the "1/60." How did you get through that part? The "No" doesn't have a meaning other than it's literal meaning. It was conceived before I started putting text into the stage as explanations. "Die" would have been a more succinct choice.

Also, here's another (very) short stage. This one is a demonstration of another glitch involving Nado which could lead to interesting levels. No real difficulty. Grab onto the ladder, activate Nado, and when it's done, mess with the arrow keys. All of them.
For this one, the correct path is to the right, but there's also something to be found to the top left. You can zip through the wall directly to the left of the Bubble Bat's spawn point. Use Nado on the ladder. Once out of Nado, press into the ceiling, then press right and activate Nado again simultaneously. The best place to do this is in the corner. Once you've succeeded, proceed left.

To think, as bear-bones as this is, its still likely better then MM Universe would have been. Capcom probably canceled all those MM games because Keiji Inafune is incompetent. Wishful thinking but maybe now that Inafune is gone Capcom will finally start to make good games again?

Not that kind of "streamlining". Play both versions and you will see the difference.

>There's a platform at the bottom right corner of that room
you mean in the "NO" room or above it? I keep getting suck in the walls in the "NO" room and got to the bottom right platform in the room above but had nowhere else to go but down into the "NO" room and just gave up after a few attempts.

that's what I assumed it meant.

all "communities" that are not born form ethnicity and culture are inherently aids infested.

Pokemon Essentials tho

I was referring to the NO room. The platform at the end of the Top Spin bounce sequence is meant to be used to deal with the swarm of purple enemies before dropping down into the NO room. One well-timed charged shot should be able to handle all of them. Once you drop into the NO room, jump to the right and Top Spin bounce over the O before they can get their shots off, and fall to the bottom right corner. If you're not quick enough to do that, the only way to not get hit by the barrage is to use the reflector, but its energy will be completely drained, making it harder for you to get a goody in the next area.

This looks absolutely fucking awesome. But they all need to make more 16 bit X games

Nvm I thought this was an official game like Mario Maker

What the hell?

Zip or get zapped.

There's actually an fanmade X maker in development, although I don't know the state of the project.