Console Modding shit

What's the best version of the PS3 to get for modding it anons? What can be done with the system once it's opened up (outside playing downloaded shit of course).

Any slim with 45nm CPU/ 40nm GPU that can still be downgraded far enough to CFW it, anybody telling you FATs are OK either has a custom cooling solution, lives in a very place or is straight up lying

Phat failure rate that bad? Would have thought they would have been the go-to for choice for CFW since PS2 shit.

Only reason people don't remember it is that it was overshadowed by x360 being even worse somehow but both are unreliable.
I mean if you wanna risk it sure FATs just need to make sure it doesn't heat up too much (just changing the thermal paste to something decent and maybe adding some externally powered ventilation is enough imo) but if the previous owner treated it like shit it'll die fast regardless especially ones that have been YLOD repairs.
But obviously you can get lucky and find one that'll last for years but even then the price rarely justify that over just getting an actual PS2 that isn't as likely to shit the bed early (well the drive might but you don't really need that).

Emulators.

Your choices are
The oldest models came with Physical retrocompatibility with PS2 games, so you'd get the full Playstation Library with this one. The downside is that this model is old as fuck, prone to failures, kinda noisy and gets very hot.
Not all of them are compatible (you can check it via serial code behind the console), but they're less prone to errors and overheating, at the cost of no PS2 Hardware compatibility (you can still play "PS2 Classics" games and HD Remasters)

I've had both, and I prefer the SLIM
SUPER SLIMS ARE NOT DOWNGRADEABLE, EVERYBODY TELLING YOU OTHERWISE IS A SCAMMER

Also, Retroach's PS3 port got updated recently, so you have a lot of emulators for it.

Skyrim broke my Phat after 50 hours of playtime due to overheating. I had it since 08

I don't think this needs to be said, but don't play it on the PS3.

I beat skyrim on the PS3, what a fucking nightmare.

Oh summerkinde, oh sweet baby boy.

We have such sights to show you.

Just mod a slim PS3 and a fat PS2.
Fat PS2 is easy as shit to mod, and isn't that emulated PS3 Fat shit that plays like garbage

Finally got around to installing CFW on the Wii U. One of the fucking downloads in the guide is broken, and it doesn't fucking warn until the end (or from Google when realized it wasn't going to work) that HDDs don't work on the piece of shit without a Y splitter.

The fucking 360 and PS3 can read this thing easily, what the fuck.

There's fuck all worthwhile for emulators outside RAshit as well. At least it was fun installing CFW.

Not supporting him , but that's just a computer in a Dreamcast shell

Yeah, I personally don't see a point to doing this.
I mean, I knew the Dreamcast has a couple of Linux distros and I think Windows, but why even bother?

This is always fun to post. even if you have a CPU & RAM hardmod, you're not gonna get much out of doing it, but it's fun that you have the possibility.

So once you've installed a WUP, how the fuck do you update it so you can play online? Splatoon can't download update, and trying to move update from internal to USB removes the fucking game.

Doesn't WiiU USB helper automatically download and apply updates for whatever game you're downloading?

Ripped my own copy of Splatoon I had lying around just so didn't have to change the disc.

Maybe unpacking everything, dropping the unpacked update on top of the game folder then repacking would do the trick?

I haven't the faintest idea of how to do that. I'll have a look at least. Why it can't download the update to the USB where it is is beyond me.

So it works more or less indistinguishably to a wii or wii-U?

I don't suppose that allows any really good motorcycle games to take advantage of a sixaxis pad, which I'm pretty sure is way more common than either of the PC tilt pads.

I had that abomination on the right. What was that wheel used for? I never found out.

Emulators are really situational, sometimes they work well and other times they don't like ps1 emulaton and ps2.

Mednafen works fine for PS1, what are you on about?