Recommendations thread

I have no idea what to write for a subject so this is a recommendations thread I guess. Ask for stuff, recommend stuff, post links if you like. Let's talk some vidya
I'm looking for an actiony hack and slasher where I can just fuck people up with medival weaponry, fighting intense duels and wars, slaying monsters and demons, exploring catacombs and unraveling mysteries and solving puzzles and shit. Swords, maces, spears, halberds, whatever. I just don't want some half empty open world or an eternity of text or boredom anywhere near the intro.
I'm looking for a decent action hack n slasher. I've played DMC, MGRR and other platinum vidya, nearly every CV game(sans the lords of shadow games, how are they?) Rune, Serverance, Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah, the Ys games(anything like Origin or Felghana is what I would really want) and the souls catalog, and I've played a bit of DW5 and Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends and that's about my involvement with musou games. I like them but it feels like it doesn't offer the same type of fluid combos and movement as say DMC, and when you're fighting other officers I feel like I want to be done. An user has recently recommended a PS2 shinobi game and the ninja gaiden xbox games, I'm playing through the shinobi game and it's A+, the NG ones I'm still waiting on an Xboxhueg emulator for it. 2D, 3D, sci fi, gothic, super edge, a comedy, supernatural or realistic, I don't care as long as it's not a non linear open world.
While I'm on the subject how come swords are so wide spread in vidya, except you don't get to use them often in cool ways? Where are the sword combos, where's the half swording, where's the parrying and dismemberment? And where are all the spears and how come like one game decided to have a spearman playable character AND have his movement ability be a cool as fuck pole vault?

Other urls found in this thread:

digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-connect-a-ps3-controller-to-a-pc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's an alright PS2 game called Blood Will Tell. You may like it.
It's also got around 24 bosses in the entire game,

Have you played the other Falcom ARPGs? They aren't exactly like Origin or Oath but you can feel it's from the same company and they are pretty good. Zwei II should be released this summer.

play otogi 1 and 2, ninja gaiden black, nioh, and look forward to sakuna.

they cost $25, stop being poor.

At the moment I've only played Xanadu Next and Gurumin. I've heard of Zwei 2 and I'll probably play the first soon

Heard of Sakuna, am looking forward to it actually.
I'm trying damnit

I'll look it up, thank you.

Since Dark Souls is already mentioned, fucking Mountain Blade.

I recommend playing the Prophesy of Pendor mode.

the combat in mount & blade is really barebones and floaty.

It's some of the most realistic in video games though, how the fuck is it floaty?

Let's not mention the couched lance.

By the way, the game emulates well, so you don't need to buy it.

nah
easy to chain together attacks, barely any sense of dedication to a swing, stamina would greatly benefit in this case as it would give you a resource to track in combat instead of just mindlessly swinging and stabbing your way through crowds.

press nothing and you do more damage by running into things, not really selling me on the richness of the game play there.

Unless someone hits you and you are stunlocked.
Bullshit, your damage is tied to your momentum, depending on the speed when you run and the angle you slash.
I agree, a stamina system would be nice, but no fucking way you would be mindlessly swinging across the crowd even in current game, you are gonna be surrounded, blocked and killed.
Do couch lance (manual - hard), nigger.

I want some good open world action like Metal Gear Solid V and Just Cause 2/3. That isn't GTA of course.

Played it for too long, I'm burned out. I don't think I've played that mod before, played floris and the weeb thing and nothing else.

yes that's not really dedication considering you can easily change direction at any time and back up and move into a new swing in a very short period of time with no penalty if you can do the most basic of tracking your position.

we get it, you want to shill your roach game here, but it doesn't fit in the thread no matter how hard you shoe horn it in.

Pendor is native on fucking crack, adds so much variety to the game.

scarface the world is yours is vice city 2

I call bullshit, even in multiplayer, you cannot back up and re-swing like that.
Yeah, a medieval game with realistic combat doesn't fit in what OP wants.

And Mountain Blade is fucking free to pirate everywhere.

shoo shoo.

If you're into a sandbox Prototype and Hulk Ultimate Destruction are the way to go. You're given powers and told to fuck up a city. In prototype you've got a lot of powers and variety like disgusing yourself as someone and then claiming someone else is you, causing everyone to shoot em, hijacking tanks and helis or just wreaking mayhem using viral medival weapons, hulk has some cool stuff like taking a wrecking ball and using it as a flail, breaking down cars into metal fists and so on.

And both have the super amazing running up a tall building with a hostage in hand, jumping off and giving them a 20+ floor piledriver.

Hulk UD and Prototype must be the two best cuhrazee action games made by the West.

They have the best movement scheme bar non.

Agreed. If only Radical were still in business. Truth be told it's kind of hard to believe they're the ones who made Mind over Mutant.

Fuck off konami. Nobody wants your zombie shit.

user, it was an empty open world game with islands as bases, MGSGZ was a better game.

Elder Scrolls: Legends

Blatant ripoff of MtG and Hearthstone, with TES flavor instead

All logic and pattern recognition dictates that it should be a steaming pile of monkey crap

it's actually really good, with some of the healthiest meta I've ever seen in a ccg
send help

Bumpan.

tl;dr - recommend my something like Dynasty Warriors but good on PC

So I felt an urge to slash through thousands of enemies and the most logical decision would be one of those Dynasty Warriors games right? I pirated DW8 Empires and after spending like 40 minutes in character creation mode I plunged into the game.
At first it looked pretty complex, I had no idea what I was doing. It took me another 10 minutes before I finally got into combat.
First for something this recent graphics are complete shit, even after I cranked them up in launcher. But whatevs, I guess it's some late port of PS3 game or something.

What matters is that mission at first also look complicated - you have this map, and bases, and objectives, and you can give orders and there are constant happenings everywhere so I felt like I can fail if I don't catch up quick. Well I didn't.
I ended up just running where the game told me to and massacring everything in sight. And win.
Problem is that massacring itself isn't fun - enemies are passive, hitting them feels like I'm clearing out leaves from dust force, enemy officers don't do shit, it was super fucking dull.

So here I am - I really like the concept, but I want the game where enemies are actually enemies and not just furniture. Last time I played Dynasty Warriors before was DW4 on friend's PS2 and from my memories game wasn't as easy and dull as this, but that might be just nostalgia.
Are there any really good and challenging Warriors games?

Dynasty Warriors normally has different difficulty levels, though I haven't played that specific title. Turn it up, the most fun to be had with Musou is two-player, attempting stages/difficulties beyond your characters' stats, and blaming each other for getting killed/not helping before you got killed. There are various other Warriors games for different IPs but I'm not familiar with them or which ones are on PC.

And actually, Earth Defense Force has some things in common with Dynasty Warriors, except you're genociding rather aggressive giant bugs in a setting like a kaiju b-movie.

Something with good magic combat. Would prefer RPG, but I'm not picky.

It's not really the best of games but try Avencast

Any good 3D JRPG:s other than tales, ff, or dq series?

I'm looking for a turn-based game with a class system you can invest points into while in a setting with bright aesthetics and little to no story. It doesn't need to have all of those, but at least some. Etrain Odyssey is a good example since you need to dump a few points into a skills or passives before unlocking new ones.

Are there any more good Arcade FPS games I haven't tried?

I've played:
Blood
Dark Forces
Doom 1, 2, and Final
Duke Nukem 3D
Heretic
Hexen
Nam
Quake 1 and 2
Redneck Rampage and Rides Again
Rise of the Triad: Dark War
Serious Sam First and Second Encounter, and Before First Encounter
Shadow Warrior Classic
Turok 1 and 2
WWII GI

Technology Meme Recommendations
Im buying a second Monitor for programming, and im seriously thinking about buying a Monitor with one or multiple of these things: 1440p, 144Hz, GSync. Is it all bullshit or are those things worth it? Any specific models you can recommend?

Powerslave

Get FreeSync instead of GSync

you can do 1440p 144hz if you want to look at it for extended time, also you can fit more windows in 1440p for programming purposes, just get a little bigger one. Gsync, don't bother.

Im afraid i have a Nvidia card

Thanks user, so 27" is a good size? It'll look shit though with different sizes i think, i have a 24" right now

Final Fantasy 5

FF5

What are some good turn based strategy games for android that are akin to fire emblem?

No microtransactions please.

is this thread specifically looking for me to post this?
it almost feels too right

Problem with that list is that most of us played all of those to death, and half of them play very similarly for better or for worse.
Platinum is ok, but we really need some competition on Cuhrayzee market.

I agree, it all feels dead at the moment, even from platinum.
Nier Automata has combo potential but in a game with levels, stats and no scoreboard it seems pointless

FFV is my favorite along with the Braverly games, but I'm hoping for something with more depth and customization. I guess I could replay one of those three if nothing else turns up.

I need your best classic Resident Evil clone.

I've already played:
Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare
Cold Fear
Silent Hill
ObsCure

Please send help.

I'm looking for a side-scroller RPG. I had fun with MapleStory 10 years ago, but I'd like a game with a similar concept that isn't as shit.

Kill yourself dumbfuck

Recommend me some videogames where you play as a Summoner or something similar. Preferably a game in which you are on your own (no party members other than you and your creatures). Any genre is fine I guess, but I'd like to play something that isn't turn based. Bonus points if summons follow you around and get new abilities and/or their apparrance changes as they get stronger.

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (3Dvania, innocent devils grow in different ways depending on the weapons you use while they are around)
Geneforge (plays similar to Fallout, turn based, very minimalistic)
Summoner (a bit mediocre, feels like an early MMORPG, but offline)
Aion (MMORPG, Spiritmaster class)
Azure Dreams (mystery dungeon)
Jade Cocoon (jrpg similar to pokemon, very slow combat sadly)

Kind of want to play the Raidou Kuzunoha games, but my current computer is ass and I can't emulate or play them on my ps2. Physical copies seem to be quite rare.

Check out the Onimusha games, they aren't as stylish or fast paced as most of the videogames you mentioned, but they are pretty alright. I'd recommend playing Genma over Warlords since it's the definitive version of the first game and comes with more content, warlords looks sweet but it feels rushed, especially towards the end.

Play Dino Crisis 1, the game is pretty much RE with dinosaurs. Onimusha also follows the RE formula, but instead of guns you use melee weapons such as katanas, spears, axes and other stuff depending on the game.
Finally, take a look at Parasite Eve 2 and see if you like it, I haven't played this one yet.

Painkiller
Lovely Planet
I haven't played them yet

EVERY DAY UNTIL YOU LIKE IT
But really if you like Symphony of the night or Rondo of Blood's gameplay then you should check this shit out. It's free either way so you just lose time and bandwidth.

Zone of the enders 2 is just like that, feel like a total badass fighting in a giant robot with lightning reflezes against other giant robots. Besides the game is seriously difficult.

…Odin sphere is also 'cuhrayzee'. The game is hard and will kick your ass if you just try to attack an enemy without dodging and defending. It also has an interesting crafting system that is fun to play around with. I have not plated the vita version, but i have played the ps2 version a lot.

Monster tale, it is a metroidvania. It is only one monster that follows you,though.
Checks off all those points.

From what I've heard, overlord is like that. I haven't played it myself, though. Same thing with little king's story and pikmin.

If you don't mind a bit of story then there is Kamidori. It is a blast, lot of customization and skills.

From what I hear Leifthrasir is quite a nice update, and not just a purely cynical lazy cashgrab.

Do you like the idea of DMC with stands where you fight large ammounts of enemies?

then Chaos Legion is for you my friend

I have literally 400~ hours in this game.

Any game like tales of the abyss, where although the main characters are teamed up, not everything is all fine and dandy. In tales of the abyss, all the characters despise each other or have a hidden agenda for teaming up. I liked it when 'that' happened and everyone told Luke "EVERYTHING got fucked up, and it is all YOUR fault."

Geneforge is literally about being a summoner shipwrecked on a mysterious island full of rogue creatures, though it is turn based.

It's one of the greatest rpgs nobody's ever heard of. Old school isometric, with a story that's actually pretty damn good, and Planescape levels of moral complexity. Don't make the mistake of assuming the factions are simply good/evil/neutral or you're going to have a rude awakening when the realism catches up with you.

Chaos Legion is so underrated it's not even funny.
As long as you get gameplay mechanics and utilize them properly instead of trying to play it as a musou or DMC game it's one of the best action games that dances around but doesn't step into cuhrayzee category.

>Not being glorious Shaper master race and using no canisters, massacring all the serviles and destroying the geneforge and the two masters because fuck you

My niggas

I've never seen anyone mention Spiderweb's games before. I tried getting my friend to play one of the Geneforge games, but the puke color palette and interface turned him off. I wish they'd remake the Geneforge games like they're doing for Avernum.

Do you know the latest (i say latets because i want it to look good and not like n64 roblocks characters) wrestling game where men and fight women, on PC?

I actually went factionless on my runthrough of GF1 because the Awakened's hatred for the servant minds raised too many red flags for me.

Remakes are usually pretty shitty though. In Avernum's case it was probably warranted given what the originals were like, but GF is still strong enough to not need to risk it, I'd think.

^this

I just want a game where I can be a loli, but also be excessively violent. If I can customize and/or dress up said Loli Battle Machine, all the better.

Filtered.

coldsteel Tanya is shittiest loli to ever have existed.

It's a clear Lolicard rip off. Anyone posting it gets instafiltered, no exceptions.

Battle for Wesnoth

My 360 controller that I've been using for the past few years broke. What should I get to replace it?

360 controller.

Xbox One Controller

Is there anything with a better d-pad? The emulation wiki recommends pic related but it looks really cheaply made. I guess I'd be fine with another 360 controller, there have only been a few times where I've even had to use it enough where a shitty d-pad would be annoying.

I went to best buy and got one but microsoft apparently hid the drivers for it in some optional update. I don't install those so I returned it.

I was just using her as an example, since I wouldn't be in a recommendation thread if I already had what I was looking for. 59aa2b is just being an idiot.

Fire pro wrestling JUST came out. It's got indie graphics but as a game is REALLY good.

I have one of those, the dpad isn't great. It's got good switches but the hat has too much wiggle.

One last request, recommend me a game with a lot of immature penis jokes? but the immature kind, not the feminist kind.

Awesome, i'll check it out

whoopse, i meant to thank you

a PS3 controller with scp, it works flawlessly and it makes your pc think it's a 360 controller.

digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-connect-a-ps3-controller-to-a-pc/

Already played it and mentioned the game on my post although I still haven't finished it, but I explored the vast majority of the island and didn't join any of the factions

I've been interested on these for some time, I'll give them a go eventually, probably after I fix my computer.

Never heard of this, reminds me of WonderBoy / Monster World for some reason (the fourth game has a pet that grows bigger and bigger as you progress, he's cute too). Might check it out once I can.

Can't really think of a anything outside MMORPGs where you can customize your lolis to wear full plates and wield huge weapons that double their size.

Play Rondo of Blood as Maria and destroy Dracula's forces with cute animals. Any version is fine.
Also check out Fortune Summoner, I haven't played it yet but I heard it's hard.

I guess this would be a good time to remind everyone about Aztez. It was supposed to come out forever ago but it's finally coming out in about two weeks now.

Tangentially related
Well there's something to be thankful for.

I'm already going through this list. Can you guys recommend me some non-USA ps2 games? preferably lewd.

Also if you know any good Asian ps2 games in the English language?

And i accept any non-english games that are easy to understand like pic related.

I have the jrpg bug which should I play, Seiken densetsu 3 or final fantasy 6? I have gotten to the end of FF6 several times, however, I have never defeated Kefka. I have barely played a bit of Seiken densetsu 3.

You really have to kill yourself you faggot

Surprised nobody recommended Dragon's Dogma to you user. Aside from the open world thing it's exactly what you seem to be looking for.

7th Dragon fits what you want pretty well. It's more or less a 3rd person EO spin off. There are four games, three of which are translated, the first for the DS (fan translation) the first of two for the PSP (fan translated) and the last one for the 3DS, which has an official translation and is fucking great mechanically but degenerate as fuck until it goes full Evola at the end.

You might also like. Grand Knights History (PSP, jap but has a full english patch) and Grand Kingdom for the vita. They're more or less story-less table top games that have ongoing online elements you never have to use.

Final Fantasy 5 (which others have recommended) is the modern progenitor of the mix and match class and level system for JRPGs, the same framework was used to great success in Final Fantasy Tactics and its spin offs, Tactics Advance (GBA, pretty bad, it was just advertising for 12) and Tactics Advance 2 (DS), which is pretty good, going for an open world style free choice mission structure ala FFX-2. Wild ARMS:XF (PSP) also uses a similar system, but expands it austicially.

How do you get to the end and not defeat Kefka? But for real, if you've already gotten that far several times, you've played the game, man. I'd recommend SD3, just for the novelty factor. If you're gonna do FF6 on the PC as a rom, try the Brave New World mod. Makes the game actually fun again.

Undertale
Skyrim
Fallout 4
Tom Clancy's Division
Assassin's Creed
:^)

underrated post

fuck i thought i was the only one

I need an FPS RPG that I can zone-out to audiobooks with. (Can be more RPG or FPS if it's good). I'm S.T.A.L.K.E.R'd out and am too tired to mod bethesda trash.

I'd recommend Dreadnought but I'd just get called a filthy kike.

Jesus what disabled kid made this?

I would actually recommend both Castlevania LoS games. The second ones ending is super rushed, but the first one is actually pretty fun. The criticism isn't really unjustified, but if you can get past it they're enjoyable. The first one nails atmosphere if that's your thing, and Patrick Stuart is cool.

This, heard good things about it. Been meaning to check it out.

Can someone recommend me a trainer game? Like a sim or something. I want something to quench my autism.

I'm not sure how to describe a game I want. Or recommend another game something that would fit these words: stats, mass, scale, detail

A retarded tumblrite.