Games not available in english/japanese

As if not knowing japanese wasn't enough. Have you ever encountered such horrors?

shouldn't fluency in jap give you a general idea of chink?

yeah, japs being the niggers of asia couldn't even come up with their own letters.

If chinese can deal with simplified and traditional I'm sure you could do it.

Remove chink

kys

I'm not fucking ok with jap, can't you read my op post?

I don't pay attention to IDs, sorry.

That's not how it works.

Yes, and?
Chinks are subhuman.

It actually does work that way

Japs are even worse

Im fluent in chink and can read jap, but cant speak jap

Nah, the only thing worse than a chink is a nigger and a spic.

if you dumped points into kanji yes, but you wouldn't be able to speak it.

We're talking video games here, reading should be enough

Nice opinions, I'll use them as basis to determine whether or not to filter you.

Not sure it works the other way or not though.

Good goy

A NUUU CHING CHONG V DAMKE

So, "ypobehb" means "level" in polar bear?

Why is health points abbreviated as HP?

I know a Chinese weeb, I asked him this.
He told me that many symbols in kanji and hànzì – despite being the same – mean very different things.
He said it's like how English and German both share words like "die", but they don't mean the same thing.

Yep.

Because Health Points lol

but health points aren't spelt health points in russian

It's probably because it's such a common abbreviation that the Russkies saw it and thought it was a given for any RPG to call its health HP.

Your friend is retarded

Because they were exposed to DnD first, and are used to the acronym of 'HP'

Neither it is in chink or jap.
HP is forever Hit/Health points in all languages.

He's fluent in Nip and chink, so I'll take his word over some faggot I don't know on Holla Forums.

okay you keep being retarded with your friend

What's retarded about this? Are you just buttmad that you don't have cute weeb friend?

But he's right.
Not all the symbols in kanji mean the same thing they do in Chinese.
I don't get why you're saying he's wrong.

Because the vast majority are the same, and the handful of exceptions and 和製漢字 poses no challenge for your average chinese speaker to read jap 'kanji'

No he's absolutely right.
Knowing only one will actually hurt more than it helps.

Japanese and Chinese are two completely different language families, like English and Hungarian. Since the countries are relatively close and China has been the cultural hegemon in the area for a few thousand years, Japanese does have several loanwords, but the languages are 95% different. As far as Kanji vs. Hanzi, the Japanese borrowed Chinese Hanzi around a thousand years ago, and since then both writing systems have drifted in different directions, e.g., a few decades back both the Chinese and the Japanese set out to simplify their respective characters, but they did so in different ways. Not to mention that the Japanese use Hiragana and Katakana for a lot of their writing, whereas the Chinese only use Hanzi.

t. person who studied Chinese

I think it's just a poor choice of metaphor. The thing about hanzi is that the meaning of the character is consistent wherever you go (to my knowledge) but the pronunciation is different based off of what language you speak (Mandarin vs. Cantonese vs. Korean vs. Japanese)

sage for doublepost