Team Fortress 2 Vintage

TF2V, what is it?

TF2V stands for Team Fortress 2 Vintage, a Holla Forums made version of TF2C with all the gay shit removed and the game restored to stock TF2. The aim of TF2V is to recreate 2007 TF2 before Valve fucked it up. The project is working towards open source and plans to remove the need for steam

Downloads

Full game (comes with hotfix):

mega.nz/#!GUsB0IiS!uM-jNMsPIPUtXT3G2JnvOVX16n9NlWyisDeupdcAay0

Mega is shit and I don't want to download their shit plugin

github.com/megous/megatools

Then use these, megatools are a set of applications run through CMD to do things such as download from mega. A readme for each exe is included in the package on their site. By default the megadl tool downloads to where it is unless specified.

DED GAME LOL

Right now no one but Holla Forums seems to be aware this exists, so best we can do is spread the word about it.

Why not TF2C?

Because the devs went full retard and deviated from what TF2C wa meant to do, instead they added a 4 team deathmatch mode no one really seemed to enjoy and useless hats and weapons. Also the lead now is a disgusting unstable tranny

Something something Alphablaster
That faggot is no where near here.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_2_Vintage
thepiratebay.org/torrent/5662180/Team_Fortress_2_[NonSteam]_v1.0.9.5
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/July_1,_2010_Patch
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1570537
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steamcmd
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/W...dicated_server
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/L...dicated_server
mega.nz/#!SIAAnJza!tL5eW-_8Q...tIbjwCBqAdbpZM
mega.nz/#!jZAn1IaD!DgWNMLj69...fSr7ZAPhqBTbmA
mega.nz/#!LMRyBRzZ!6kL0ED1eE...o_W_ls06rS_ZSQ
github.com/NicknineTheEagle/TF2-Base
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_2_Classic
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=964581158
mega.nz/#!bt8HHKhK!u6u7OXWrhIWWLI11NDfxTDdQ0Jm9KYShaV-fDjAv658
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SERVER
Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN
IP: 74.91.123.198
Located in New York so the ping would be acceptable for euro anons too
Connectable by both no-steam and steam clients

Hello (((AlphaBlaster)))

fag is dead, rejoice

Also
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_2_Vintage

Small step to spreading awareness of the mod. Only link so far is to the most recent build in the OP.

how many players and what gamemode?

32, all of them

I'll get back to you soon with a guide on how to make the client run without steam. Linux client still needs to be tested.
Been a bit busy.

godspeed no-steam user

The biggest problem facing the game so far, in it's first weeks of life. Other than that, it is a solid mod and have had fun with it

Don't build them.
:^)

I can't wait for it to get deleted because autistic wiki mods think it shouldn't have a page due to "not enough sources". If I recall correctly, the wiki is moderated by people in cahoots with Valve, and they even get a hat if they're a good goy. And we can't just link them here.

STOP BUILDING LEVEL 3 SENTRIES

currently editing a sourcemod plugin that disables buildings so i can disable sentries on the server

You disabled everything but sentries.
Someone just made it crash

Wew, fixed so no more sentries until tf2v user fixes them

I can't believe you niggers somehow fucked this up

was already present in tf2c and they still haven't fixed it after god knows how long

Hope you fags keep it pure. I was sorely disappointed last time.

I'm without a proper computer at the moment, so I wont be able to download this, but I'm rooting for ya.

With love, user

What exactly is "stock TF2"?

To the people having issues with level 3 sentries: Can you try setting r_drawmodeldecals to 0 and blow up a sentry? I've not had any real major issues with level 3 sentries to be able to see what the problem is.

Additionally: To the people asking for a repo/open source, that should be up no later than Monday. All of the files are there, now it's just cleaning up old files out.

So what version of TF2 is this based on? The original 2007 or that 2010 one that was posted or what?

Cool shit answer.

it's based on tf2c which is based on 2007 tf2

Oh, so straight out the box with all of its bugs and none of its improvements, gotcha.

Because if we wanted additional shit like Payload and less exploits there was a 2010 download available though it was after the hat update, it might be useful if items can be disabled.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/5662180/Team_Fortress_2_[NonSteam]_v1.0.9.5

From the date it was uploaded it might be this version after the Mac Update but before the Engineer Update:
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/July_1,_2010_Patch

It's not full of shitty side-grade weapons and god awful hats, and it maintains the original cartoony artstyle, so actually it's a ginormous improvement. Also It's based off 2007 build but its not the actual 2007 build so it doesn't have most of the bugs and problems that it had on launch.
Faggot

where are you faggots?
GET IN

How do I install this? Do I pop it in the steam TF2 or its separate?

he's a gaynigger from outer space

Extract it into your sourcemods folder

What'd he do? Wasn't he the one that helped prevent autists from playing on the server?

stfu you fuckin faggot.

gayniggers from outer space are actually cool. dont even compare some /cuteboys/ link spic dicksucking cumsock to the greatest characters to grace cinema

reminder that trading was a mistake

Aye.
Entire mannconomy was a mistake.

On one hand yes, but on the other hand he was such a huge faggot no one wants to implement any "Ban autists" policies

This would be amazing if only Soldier wasn't in the fucking game

What's wrong buddy?
Whom do you main, we might give you advice on how to counter solly.

I don't main anyone and I hate the fact that his just objectively the best class. His weakness is suppose to be that he is slow but then he just rocket jumps. Playing vs him is much more of a nuisance than say Scout or a Sniper who can aim.

lower the amount voteban votes required to ban someone problem solved :^)

Thats too easy. Assblaster would rather idle ingame for hours at a time checking each users groups and friends.

As someone who used to play on a server with motherfuckers who used to demospam, soldier isn't half as bad as demo. Soldiers can't airburst their rockets, fly half-way across the map, and kill you as you exit spawn from five rockets at once. Soldiers are the second biggest pain in the ass, though; i blame splash damage.

This is a problem in current tf2 but not so much in TF2V because gunboats don't exist. He can rocket jump but its at the cost of his health.

I main Pyro and absolutely love playing against Soldier when I meet him in mid range.
Rockets? Reflect.
Shotgun? Shotgun.
Shovel? Fire.
Rocket jump to escape? Shotgun, he's already injured from the fight and he's just inflicted damage upon himself with the jump, if my shotgun can't kill him, the fall might.
Scouts outmaneuver him, Soldiers know all the tricks themselves, Demo keeps his distance just as much as the Soldier making fights more or less stalemates, Heavy can tank a couple of rockets to the face, Medic's a medic, Engi should be in his nest hiding behind his buildings, Sniper should be too far away to be dealt with by a soldier and Spy is right behind you.
What Soldier has going for him is burst damage, similarly to Pyro he is most advantageous when he gets a drop on the enemy, since one direct rocket hit gets all but Heavy to below 50% HP. But when he busts his nut, the reload time is his killer and he only has his shotgun to rely on.

Keep your distance and if he tries to rocket jump to you, fucking unload on him and keep backpedaling.

OK, I might be wrong on how burst damage is his biggest advantage, seeing as how he utilizes explosions:

Wasn't that a good thing though?
Part of the cancer that's in tf2 are furfags, ponefags, and other types of autism shitting up the place.

Him doing that stopped those kinds of faggots from playing on the server. It also make a funny video with all the people bitching to the game creator about the server.

Wern't we the ones that chose the maps though?

Soldier is a good class for being average at both offense and defense. His downside is being a large target, he has to lead his shots (if someone's used to this they can downright nullify soldiers by footsies alone), to be fast enough he has to self-harm, and in close range he'll often kill himself.

He's just a vehicle for a rocket launcher. Use your movement in order to make him waste his shots and he becomes an Engineer with no metal. Approaching is part of the movement game as well, not just strafing or feigning retreat.

you chose a shitty time to post this thread OP.
make another one at a more sensible time, or start up a (((steam))) group or something

If no-one's going to check this, then I'll have to.

No, trading wasn't a mistake, Valve monetizing it and integrating it with Steam as a whole was a mistake. There was that Greek fucker wasn't it a Greek treasury-worker or something? that they hired to play market-analyst for TF2 trading, then Steam trading. Valve couldn't keep their fucking fingers out of the pie and ruined the whole thing.

And at the end of it his server died because all he had were Holla Forums memesters he was trying to kiss ass for and bootlickers who towed the fucking 'he's just keeping degeneracy out you're not a degenerate are you" party line. He stopped anybody from playing on the server if you'd ever used a furry name, had been in contact with a furry at any point (didn't care about context, just that you'd been near a furry), and would check your general internet history from your Steam account to make sure you weren't "degenerate". Provided you made it in with the kangaroo-court blacklist which often changed according to criteria in his head, you'd be watched like a hawk while you played on a middling to bad TF2 server with an undesirable userbase, what an esteemed fucking privilege. All while it turned out that fucking idiot was doing most of the shit he'd listed as verboten.
We were, then we were also ignored when we wanted different maps or new maps or even a stock game once in a while.

Switching to loonix improves the framerate from ye olde 10fps slideshow to cinematic 30fps in open spaces.
I had no idea F11 switched the game between windowed and fullscreen mode instantly.

Team Fortress 2 1.0.1.8 - Source 2013 Port: facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1570537

>2. Download the client package and extract its contents to \steamapps\sourcemods.
>4. Get steam.inf from \steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\hl2 and put it into tf_port folder. This is a temporary workaround for a bug in Source 2013 where steam.inf is not loaded from shared folders properly.

>NOTE: If you're on Linux or Mac, Steam client currently has a bug where it doesn't attach -steam parameter when running Source mods like it's supposed to and launch parameters in Library stopped working for Source mods at some point. You need to run /steamapps/common/Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer/hl2.sh directly with the following parameters: -game "" -steam

>developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steamcmd
>wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/W...dicated_server
>wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/L...dicated_server
>5. Get steam.inf from \hl2 and put it into tf_port folder. This is a temporary workaround for a bug in Source 2013 where steam.inf is not loaded from shared folders properly.
>6. If you're on Linux, go to \bin and make copies of the files as follows:

>Client: mega.nz/#!SIAAnJza!tL5eW-_8Q...tIbjwCBqAdbpZM
>Server: mega.nz/#!jZAn1IaD!DgWNMLj69...fSr7ZAPhqBTbmA (same as client package but stripped down from assets unused by the dedicated server (sounds, textures) to reduce the size; you can in fact simply use the client package, just rename server.so to server_srv.so if you're running SRCDS on Linux)
>Cumulative update: mega.nz/#!LMRyBRzZ!6kL0ED1eE...o_W_ls06rS_ZSQ
>Source code: github.com/NicknineTheEagle/TF2-Base

There won't be any links to here.

old news, this actually came out before that. and if anything we're probably gonna cannibalize it for bug fixes

let's see if this works

silk smooth

I know, the couple of times it went above 30fps I felt sick and dizzy, thank god for industry standards today.

Whelp unless we start attracting plebbit looks like the TF2V page on the TF2 wiki is bound to be deleted because apparently kilobytes of data takes up a whole lot of space

I'd rather have it dead

If it's still alive in a week, I'm down to join.

To be fair we can have our server stay reddit free. More or less what I mean by that is we need to have more than just 2 servers. though loading up multiple servers for 5 minutes to fake "popularity" is a viable option.

But again the idea is to spread this mod to the public, we can keep our "no shitters allowed" servers, but it would just mean the public would make their own and whatnot

Alright, it becomes popular.
Alright, it becomes so popular the shitters, plebbitors, degenerates and ERPers become the majority.
Alright, devanon cracks under pressure and caves in to retarded demands "of the people".
Alright, we're back to square fucking ONE!

Nigger if I ever win a lottery I'd rent/buy servers for all good (dead) vidya and hire you asshole neets to watch over the system.

We already did the autistic "BAN EVERYONE WHO ISN'T EXACTLY LIKE US" thing with with (((AlphaBlaster))). It was retarded then, and it's retarded now.

You either get a dead game with no players or you get a game that's populated with people you dislike. With that kind of autism, why even bother playing vidya to begin with?

Except with the fact that its going open source so worst case scenario sometime down the line it gets popular and devanon does something stupid and we are left with forking his pre-fuckup and making something new with a better less bug riddled foundation than we have now. We have the means to seize control over something we once loved and return it to it's former glory. We can either keep it to ourselves and let it die like every other "Holla Forums makes shit for Holla Forums and Holla Forums alone" project or we can use the useful idiots and control them, since we know the pitfalls of our predecessors. Imagine if this does get popular, what of it? Reddit slowly loses its mind that they have no control over it and we get to bask in the warmth of the fires. We can have our server and force people to adapt to our ways through superior bullying.

Aquinas spoke of the mythical city on the hill. Soon that city will be a reality and we will be crowned its it's kings. Or better than kings, GODS.

wrong
you get a dead game with FEW players
and the idea is not to do the Cartmanland thing, it's to keep it as low profile as possible, this should not be a marketable product

We can't even control the summerfags, you're talking about jew levels of populous manipulation. Even if its "icky, gross and disgusting" origins are hidden, plebbit is not likely to bite, not at first at least. They can already play TF2 for free, but with time there will grow a sense of elitism among them. And then people will play TF2V for status, not for the game.
This sort of thing has happened to many games and hobbies, you know the fucking cycle, you probably know exactly where you have that image saved.

Pretty much what this user said. If Devanon fucks up we'll have a more bug free base to work with. But to be fair from what I and hopefully everyone has seen, TF2V user is level headed

So far, yes.
And we still don't have the source code yet.
we'll just have to wait and see I guess

"No don't let something we make be good and enjoyable"

Fuck off, we're not saying we have to allow them into the Holla Forums server(s). We're saying they can play it and it should be allowed. They want to bitch about 1-3 servers banning furries while there are others? let them.

We can hide the origins by just plastering the latest build to the repo and omitting it. It's that simple

it was the greek finance minister, who wanted to crash the EU with no survivors after running the hat train

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.

What you need:
1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam.
2. TF2V from OP.
3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.

Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.
Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.
Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.
Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.
That's it, make sure everything works.

You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:

ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help
Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.

PlayerName=Anonymous
Self explanatory.

Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.
Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

I have a text file and added it to the pastebin. Thanks for the work No steam user

Pyro was honestly pretty worthless till he got things like the Degreaser, Axtinguisher, Flaregun, etc. Will this version at least have the airblast or some movement numbers tweaked to justify playing him, or will it be as underwhelming as launch pyro?

You keep pulling shit out of your ass.
I'm not saying "No fun allowed", I'm saying "don't let it become popular". If you're the kind of dumbass who thinks "Popular => eventually Good" you are in for a surprise.

So when do you think it'll die? I give it about a generous two weeks.

Here's the thing. again how is this going to impact development when we can fork it? how is it going to affect Holla Forums anons?

He's got airblast, enjoy

So you want it to be dead? That's an absolute fucking genius idea, Einstein. Personally cherry-pick your players, remember it's ok when Holla Forums does it! Do you have a job in game development? You do now.

GITHUB IS NOW AVAILABLE

github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

I haven't had anyone comment if works so I'm still unsure of how to fix the level 3 sentries. I may look into making a test hotfix to try using the standard models for the sentry gun/gibs if it's using the unsurprisngly unoptimized HD models meant only for Source Filmmaker.

It's like you people haven't been following gaming for the last 10 years.
It doesn't affect us directly, it affects the game community. How come we don't play TF2 by itself? How come we don't just have a regular TF2 server with vanilla weapons only enabled?

I run a config and dx8, never had a crash.

There's no such thing as a fucking gaming "community" retard.

fuck off

That's the not what I'm saying. I'm saying we don't go and play the mainstream TF2 because the well's been poisoned. It' cancer everywhere.
I'm not saying we should play it, god no.
I'm saying a fresh start is a good thing that shouldn't be wasted. HAVE YOU ALREADY FORGOTTEN ABOUT TF2C?

No of course not, what was I thinking. People never form groups or find friends over video games, there is no mod community, no fan community, just the gay community, right?

nigger it is TF2C but with the stupid shit taken out and we have complete control of its development

If we don't get taunt kills and Pyro heal on extinguish, I shall not care.

see

only taunt kills seem to be

What they never did that unless recently they added that as casual bullshit.

just put "lurk more" in the rules
make "not lurking" the default ban reason

I think there is a resurgence of not-lurking because at this point in time Reddit has not yet learned how to shitpost. And I think we are going to be part of the throes of that transformation, which must take place. Reddit is not going to be the monolithic societies they once were in the last century. Anons are going to be at the centre of that. It’s a huge transformation for Reddit to make. They are now going into a LURK MOAR mode and Anons will be resented because of our leading role. But without that leading role and without that transformation, TF2V will not survive.

Again we do not need to link to these threads. just put a link to the repo somewhere they can find it. The repo can hide all origins of the mod and just bill it as "people who wanted TF2 as it used to be."

Pyro was the most unlock dependant class in the game for a reason. Instead of implementing straight upgrade weapons though just make it so the stock axe crits on burning targets and make the weapon switch times for all classes a bit faster, Valve should have just done that from the start.

(Flare gun is another matter, personally I would just say make it replace the stock, but I know some Pyro players actually like having a close-range secondary complementing their close range primary for some reason)

Healing on extinguish was a retarded mechanic, basically meant any players you set on fire would consequently be providing health for the enemy pyro on their team.

>doesn't know about UNATCO

I think the flare gun should be added, it really should have been pyro's stock weapon.
The pyro's shotgun is nice for countering other pyros and jumping soldiers, but other than that his flamethrower is a better tool for the job. The flare gun fits pyro's role of setting everything in sight on fire, and allows her to engage long distances.
I don't know, just my two cents.

Shotgun does a better job at countering pyros as a pyro. As it stands the aim is going to be vanilla TF2.

Can I use this without steam anywhere on my computer?

Did you guys remove the airblast yet? Airblast is gay.

As much as I love the flare gun, I hate the Backburner with just as much passion. And shotty is still a really, REALLY good utility weapon.

Airblast is godly.

see a bit up in the thread, there's a way to remove steam need. Future versions will have it packed in out of the box.

I'll be honest I think Pyro really needed that as it added to the Pyro's ability to be a team player as well as dealing with threats such as soldier which really didn't have many hard counters, just soft.

It's not original TF2 though, it was added in later.

Yes, but it's invaluable to the class. Since Pyro is not going to be able to utilize combos (flare gun, axetinguisher, detonator) it's pretty much the only thing he's got going for him. I don't want to add the heal to it though.

Yeah, but if you're going to add in non-original shit, you might as well play TF2C or modern TF2.

So I can finally delete TF2 and download this one instead?

Not yet, the devs still have a long way to go.

Pretty much, it's in a playable state right now.

The github is up now so if people wanna take cracks at fixes and optimizations nows the time.

you can, but I'd wait a while before committing.

Maybe I'm bias, I just REALLY like the airblast, being helpful to your teammates and countering soldiers, clearing demo sticky traps…

What next, remove engineer building hauling?

Yes. And remove level 3 sentries. Again, if you want that stuff, play TF2C.

As someone who played engineer for years. the building hauling was a godsend and properly balanced in risk/reward.

If it got removed it would hurt a bit, but the class survived so long without it

I was under the impression it was going to be as vanilla as you can get, like the console versions of tf2 with zero updates. So demoman still has 6 nades and no airblasts.

this is fine too though.

I threw in the cvars in the server to turn off airblasts and building hauling at your leisure. It's your choice if you want them or not on your server.

top hue

He spammed a gajillion threads with shota link.

would it be possible to use the old muzzle flashes that were in the beta?

Thanks devanon

it's in the option menu

already in the options at the bottom. I took it a step further and grabbed a "beta shader" from gamebannana

When Holla Forums says "2007-2008" generally they actually mean "2010-2012" after a lot of balancing and the first few waves of unlocks. Not that that's really a bad thing, considering hauling and airblasts are such massive quality-of-life improvements for their classes that they're indispensable now, and the same goes for being able to upgrade Engi buildings past level 2 sentries and level 1 anything else.

No, airblast must stay

Then why don't people play TF2C then? What's the appeal of TF2V if everyone wants new shit? I don't get it. Things should be 2007 and 2007 ONLY. Even when they suck ass.

Again, play TF2C. You obviously don't belong here.

Your "two cents" are only worth a 1/10 though.

pls pls pls just keep airblast minicrits off from tf2c
i dont mind airblast so much except for that shit
most of the servers i play on i get high ping and its A SHIT dealing with those fun police faggots with more than ~85

The problem is that while 2007 is fun, even base TF2 has some unbalancing issues.

I'm aiming to keep it base TF2 as possible: No unlocks, no gimmicks, nothing like that. My main concern is making TF2 a balanced game that plays well no matter what class you are. You're technically right that it's more 2009-2012 TF2 in terms of the content, but the gameplay needs to be fair and balanced. If you want pure TF2 from 2007 with all the glitches, bugs and lack of content, check out the TF2 '07 mod.

The appeal of TF2V is an opportunity to build a "perfect" TF2 based off of TF2C's source-code, and frankly you are ragingly autistic if you want all the flat-out bad included with going straight back to baseline 2007 when we don't need it. I think you're the only guy I've seen in these threads who wants that, come to think of it. If you want true blue 2007 you can try the console versions on the Orange Box.

"New" stuff seems so far to be limited to unlocks that fit the character (ie Kritzkrieg) and modes like Payload. Not everything past 2007 is bad, and for that matter there's still a hell of a lot of good even in live TF2, it's just bogged down with crap and bloated filesize.

I said something about unlocks based on hazy memories of keeping the Kritzkrieg when that doesn't seem to be the case anymore (or if he was just saying "Kritzkrieg is good but") and I wasn't paying attention.

Thank you dev for responding.
Again, I don't understand this when people can play TF2C and have balanced weapons from the get-go. We should break balancing just to have it pure.

Why are you such a raging nuTF2 shill? Go back to alphablaster's cuckshed.

TF2C did that, and it's pure shit.

No it didn't. It added in new shit BECAUSE of balancing and that's why we hate it. Lurk more.

Server still up?

servers are up, why?

Right now there are no unlocks, I want to focus on base TF2 than add shitty donut steel unlocks nobody wants or break too much shit like TF2C did. The only unlocks that seem worth it are FaN and Kritskrieg but it's not worth re-implementing the loadout system again for only two weapons.

TF2C has dumb shit like gunboats, the nailgun/sten and other bullshit that ruins the flavor of the game like the Heavy Artillery and the main focus of TF2C is the nonstandard gamemodes like deathmatch and their TTT knockoff. The difference here is TF2V is all about getting the base game than the side gamemodes.

Then lets try to make it as pure as possible.

speaking of gamemodes, I did like the VIP mode. Come the future would implementation? I mean the original TF had it as a mode, but dunno

Yes, it did. They broke balancing by doing exactly what valve did to TF2 proper, but with their own flavor of stupidity a la deathmatch and OC DonutSteel weapons.
You've done nothing but complain about people not playing TF2C and that TF2V isn't "pure" for days now. Take your own advice and fuck off back to the cuckshed.

Since the civilian isn't in TF2, it's unlikely. Even the civilian from TF2C is a bit too OC.

I want to focus on getting TF2V stable, then work on converting Live TF2 content to TF2V, then new content like VIP could be added at that time.

I do agree that you should nail down the core game before even considering unlocks. If anything I'd have a look at what fits the class and what doesn't and take from the update stock directly, or tool around with what's available for balance purposes. I can compile a list of weapons I'd see "fit" for the purpose.

What do you provide to this game exactly?

Go ahead.

Again, this might be my fork of TF2C but you guys also get to input shit in. The more bugs anons can find for the game, the faster TF2V can get polished up.

The TF2C page is still up on the wiki, nobody bitched about it being a mod there.

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_2_Classic

To be fair we can have our board stay reddit free
oh wait we can't

Guess from now on I'll have to spell shit out for you since you're not too quick on the take. (that means you have trouble inferring the meaning of a statement unless it spells shit out for you like a fucking babby)
The TF2C team's idea of "balancing" the game was to add stupid and unnecessary weapons and balance new game modes around people using them. Weapons that didn't actually bring balance to the game whatsoever.

What do you provide to this game, exactly?

Yes, so we should avoid that. If you're against it then why do you also suggest following it?
>What do (((you))) provide to this game, exactly?

ok, i will wait.

>Demoman - Iron Bomber, Quickiebomb Launcher, Scottish Resistance, Ullapool Caber
>Engineer - Wrangler, very tentative Frontier Justice/Gunslinger (would take some tweaking), Jag

I'm loathe to put down any miniguns for Heavy due to varying usefulness or loathing of its effects, ie Natascha's slow-down. Brass Beast with some tweaking?

Please point out where I suggested that TF2V should add new weapons or game modes.

I'll wait.

Its already been done yeah turkey

The tomislav, but use the Natascha's model.

Why do redditfags always come here?

You're not supposed to drop the ball in your own argument about TF2's purity, user.

Nice argument, faggot.

You seem a little upset.

I'm just wondering what compels a man to such stupidity?
Really gets my noggin' joggin'.

so i still need steam for this.

So you keep telling people to go back to TF2C left and right.
Including devanon of TF2V.
Are you playing us instead of vidya, user, you silly willy?

See

What?
I just want redditfags to get out of TF2V and go back to TF2C, including you.

You can get around it with some janky Steam emulators like RevLoader or whatever it was called, but on the whole Steam would be the easiest solution, yes.

I'm this guy:
Yeah looks like I fucked up with the IDs. My bad.
I want to keep plebbit out of this as much as possible, I'm the one who suggested to keep this fork entirely within 8ch.

I sincerely hope this isn't the best your little discord can muster in terms of shitposting.

fair nuff

Have you been selectively reading bvits like some sort of knee jerk leftists, no where do we need to cite the origins of this mod. just as "a mod made by people who wanted the old TF2 back".

Why though? it'll die quickly if you do that. It's the dumbest thing you can do for any mod. at the end of the day even if this blew up in popularity we now have the git and can do whatever.

Go home, Alpha.

a sandbag weapon and the avatar of unlock cancer since 2009
direct hit which serves no unique purpose but to handicap yourself and troll scouts and spies
i guess the buff banner and disciplinary actions are inoffensive as they are.
i agree with most of these.
get the FUCK out
the hit detection nightmare, shitter alert bow and Half the Reason Pyro Can't Burn Shit anymore-ate

I just worry.
I see it happen all the time. I've warned you about the stairs, bro. I don't know what will (if it ever will) do TF2V in, but I know this could be a danger.

We have coutner measures in place, worst case scenario: TF2V user goes nutso and we have to put him down. I already have a clone of the git repo as is.

The reddit scenario is we just disguise the Holla Forums run server names, again removing our footprint as little as possible helps with this.

I mean your fears are not unfounded friend and I get where you're coming from but we just gotta try. It never hurts to try

that's what my gay lover and dealer told me too …

you keep talking about deceiving these woodland creatures like they're not gonna see people saying nigger and chat and hearing moonman over the mic and not just immediately know whats up.
also tf2c still has mind share
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=964581158

Like cuckchan doesn't do that? Like no one on the "worse" plebbit subforums do that shit?

Goddamn you're giving redditors too much fucking credit.

Pretty much, this.
See you in a week or maybe a few days then, user?

4chan has been around for 14-15 years
There's people lurking this board who were not alive to remember an internet without it
People may not talk about it in the open but it doesn't mean they don't know.
plus most of you have the subtlety of your decade old forebears

Next you'll say I'm a goon, followed by neogaf and then you'll circle back around and go with jew again. unless you go full fucking retard and say Holla Forums but that would be too cliche, even for you

meant for

Just like the normal scattergun
Hence a notice about retooling it. My main beef with it is you're sheerly defenseless after getting whacked with a ball.
If you mainly use splash-damage for rockets then DH isn't the launcher for you in the first place, it was originally built to tie into the tactic of launching an enemy into the air by their feet and then shooting them mid-air. If you're just an accuracy-soldier it's still useful for that purpose; either way, it's not a launcher intended to get any use out of splash-damage.
The Wrangler's the one I don't feel really has much contention to be had because of the retarded amount of set-up you'd need to do anything breaking or hyper-sneaky with it. Say you use it to rocket-jump up to an area normally inaccessible, for instance; from there you'd want to set up and upgrade a dispenser so you've got metal, set up and upgrade another sentry, and maybe set up and upgrade a teleporter depending on how team-useful your location is. By the time you try doing any of that you're bound to have been noticed before you can get too far, unless you're in an area where you can't do any harm and no harm can be done to you. Otherwise Wrangler's more or less a gimmick tool to let you play Asteroids with your sentry, though I'd probably tone down the damage-reduction that's up while wrangled.

Frontier Justice and minis I thought worked better in their original incarnations where a mini is a plonk-down disposable sentry meant to get one or two kills before dying a glorious death and really being meant to feed into the FJ. Whichever retard thought minis should be reparable or moveable needs kicked in the goddamned head; it should be something you put down very quickly in a sneaky location and get one or two kills, not flat-out better than a level 1.
Ideally things like goofy hit-detection will be fixed down the line, and a decent Huntsman Sniper is pretty scary while still being hilariously easy to kill. Jarate might have been the beginning-of-the-end for afterburn's survivability but on its own it's pretty neutral I think, especially with its long reload time unless you're camping out next to a supply cabinet.

I listen to normalfag co-workers talk about it and when I usually talk about it to them they only ever mention Holla Forums

Your fear is only slightly founded. combing through the git no references to Holla Forums or 8ch exist in it. and don't put "you people" when all you seem to be content to do is bitch about it instead of helping to work on safe guards to prevent it from happening. only the biggest spergs will out themselves and from what group has been playing initially that's not the case.

Yeah I gotta agree, some weapons were a good idea. Giving the cream of the crop could do well.
So like the sandvich and the flare gun. Probably a bit much, but maybe the gunslinger and the quick fix pre buff.

Do you think Sandwich would enable Heavy picnics?

Doubt it, keep it so it can't be thrown and the chance is even less.
Its just a handy tool for a heavy when a medic isn't around.

Considering the aim of the game is to legitimately play I doubt so. Memelords and le pootis sandvich party players would just go to live TF2 if they wanted that, considering they still try and do so even with the Sandvich's cooldown timer.

If I upload a nude Fem Pyro mod I have on my HDD for vanilla tf2 will it get added to the server?

Why not just regular fempyro?

oh here we go…

Because there's no way he could come back right?

yes, because that's his very first post in the thread, and will be the last.

Are we going to be playing a round anytime soon?

need people in server. also gonna take a look at PL gamemode later

I'm trying to merge the low poly model and low resolution texture mods and loonix is being a bitch by not giving you the option to simply merge two folders together (some command that requires you to have two folders in one location, but there's even more hassle than that).
I'll be there in a minute, sweetie.

can't make a symbolic link between the folders?

what version of linux you use?

latest lubuntu

I'm a self-taught dumbass, I don't even know what that means

cp -i -R /source/* /destination/.Now I don't use linux much, and can't guarantee this will work, but I also see no reason it wouldn't.

The standard -windowed -noborder doesn't seem to work when I set it as a launch option, do I have to do it directly on the Source 2013 executable or is there some other way?

I think it has to be set in SDK 2013 if you're running TF2V from the quick launch

nvm fixed it, I just put the launch options on both if anyone cares and wants borderless window

ah a man of tastes, i also like Linux Mint with cinnamon, sadly using Windows10

Used to be WinXP + Puppy on the old laptop, now lubuntu+Win7

i need to get another ssd and duel boot

Also, when will we get a fix for steam overlay?

I'm done for tonight, headache. Thanks for the game, it's like I'm really back to 2007/8.

Go to
"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer"
and create a shortcut for "hl2.exe". Change the target to:
"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\hl2.exe" -game "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\tf2vintage"
(fix the paths where applicable). This shortcut will open TF2V with the Steam overlay.

Will the former TF2C maps be added to the Holla Forumsintage server? And by that I mean shit like cp_warpath and cp_cragg.

up in the air. bug fixing comes first and technically nothing is stopping a server from adding them since they are technically just TF2 maps

bait

I think you need to read my post more carefully

I notice spy still flashes green and yellow sometimes, or looks green when out of disguise
Scout's eyes seemed invisible
sentry fix when?

Do I need to have TF2 from steam installed on my computer to play? I mean ya it's a mod but you said without steam and I don't know what to boot if I can boot anything.

Apparently not anymore. I'm still trying to figure this out as well. Using this post as a reference

wait fug where do I get the sourceSDK without steam

An injured disguise's health doesn't regenerate when you pick up medkits.

Mega link in OP is all you need, extract to steamapps\sourcemods\ and open Steam, it'll be Team Fortress 2 Vintage under "my games."

It's not working

With more map selection, fixing getting stuck on the cart, and fixing the engie's sentry bug this would be amazing.

restart steam.

You also need to install Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer.

then

A future version will be packed with the SDK MP base eliminating the need for steam.

mega.nz/#!bt8HHKhK!u6u7OXWrhIWWLI11NDfxTDdQ0Jm9KYShaV-fDjAv658

this needs to stop ==NOW==

And yet all of the main pages for the classes feature their Fortress Forever incarnations

When is Engineer going to be added to the game

test

=HE DELIVERED, IT MUST BE DONE==

already in. the sentry is locked on one of the servers due to the bug which is being worked on. If any talented anons want to help with bug fixing do so. I'm gonna take a crack at the payload issue for now, dunno what TF2V dev user is doing

GET IT RIGHT

the model looks pretty bad, and since this is an older version of TF2, you can't use the sv command that forces the veiwmodel to render as if you're using a VR headset, so you can't really masturbate to it.

Fixing the sentry issue

Is the guy with the Misery avatar ITT? Can you post it?

The absolute madman!

Have you tried just switching the model to the actual game model instead of the SFM version?

why live

Why?

This needs to be added to the next version.

Ill add tf2c maps and more custom maps to Holla Forumsintage fun once i get home

Guys please, this is almost getting to be as bad as pic related.

What the fuck? Stock only, please, if you wanted to go "vanilla experience BUT WITH A TWIST" you can still go to TF2C for that, it has it's limited weapons pool.

Funny man

I think the only reasonable solution is to keep things stock or they'll be constant arguments about what to add/drop.

Pic unrelated

>Not willing to download sourceSDK from (((steam)))
fug

I was aiming specifically for weapons that fit known playstyles as well as looks like something the character in question might use. You'll note almost all of them are from the first wave or two of weapons and several have explicit mentions they should probably be retooled or, or later advice itt that they should be used as earlier incarnations due to Valve's crap balancing.

Even going by people who claim to want stock or pure vanilla TF2, what they have in mind by "stock"/"vanilla" seems to stray towards "~2010-2012 TF2", so a period when the Axtinguisher was still in vogue and weapons generally appreciably changed how a character operated while not necessarily being a flat upgrade. Note that I also kept a listen of suggestions to one set of unlocks per-character, except for Demo due to how differently all his sticky launchers operate from eachother (assuming Quickiebomb Launcher is its launch incarnation where it was used purely offensively and stickies would fizzle if not detonated after some seconds). What I have in mind for Vintage's unlocks, should the mod ever reach that point (it's TF2Vanon's goal to work on base gameplay and bugfixes before he even considers the idea and I agree with him), are unlocks that fit the character and actually add something instead of being fifty billion skins, or things like the Loose Cannon and Demoknight gear which have an interesting playstyle but flatly do not fit the character.

Fucking lost it

Someone has to upload no-steam version of the game. Anyone can do it. Follow the instructions and upload the resulting folder, so others can just download one archive and play. Again, I have shit upload.

Engineer will be unhandicapped when the sentry problem in the game gets fixed, or would you like to crash everytime you are looking at a sentry thats going to explode instead?

please don't take these people seriously, OP. aside from the fact that we should have as little change as possible, the flare gun was just terrible. the pyro is a low-range, offensive class, that's his intended playstyle

airblast is good

sandvich is bad, you people are crazy

Flare gun I think still adheres to that considering it's only reliable in mid-close range. Sandvich is a godsend if there's not a Medic about and you think you can get away with ducking back for a quick bite, if you get killed as a result then it's your own stupid fault most of the time.

ell well well, I managed to get it up to sixty in closed environments and a solid 40 in the outdoors.
Recording software takes a good chunk of he frames out, but I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Animations are a bit of a distraction though.

Here's a tip if you want TF2V to succeed.

Invite people and don't ban them indiscriminately.

An online multiplayer game needs a certain minimum of active players to make it worth playing anytime and driving up those numbers early is important. Fix the bugs, get some map variety and maybe a few perks that stock servers in Tf2 don't have so you can advertise. People will also stick around if it's a welcoming atmosphere, not just micspamming and banning.

I'm not sure that's the right word in this context. "Left and right" would be better suited for this.
notice the amount of reddit spacing in this thread?

Micspamming isn't an issue. If you're too dumb to find the mute button, you shouldn't be playing.

Jesus christ what the fuck. Are you playing on a toaster with an HDMI adapter or something? Asking unironically

This.

Also there's no stopping people who want their safe space from making their own server. as is right now it's a small handful of people from Holla Forums trying it. It's not really out in the wild yet per-say.

The big test will come when reddit inevitably will find out about this mod. While they'll bitch about being kicked out of Holla Forums servers there's nothing stopping them from making their own server.

i want tf2v to succeed, thats what im trying to achieve with Holla Forumsintage fun
i dont want to repeat the mistakes made during tf2c

also there is a rule in place about taking turns

So there is nothing left

to be fair people are ignoring that one at a time rule, again you'd have to be clinically retarded to ignore the in game mute functionality

Ohohohoh ahahaha hehehehe
no

i have personally not noticed that, then again i have not been playing that much
ill figure something out

Chef and ruburz06 are the main spampertraitors, so I just mute either or both, depending on who's got a less distracting spam.

True, and again it's not like it hurts the server. so nothing really needs to be done, we've got the built in function

ye
We playing again tonight? As in, the same time as yesterday?

Used to have one of those, called it my George Foreman Grill and made paninis with the AC adapter.

Adding more shit will just turn it back to "this patch we totally have the balance down" flavor of the month bullshit.

you should play more, fag

List is bully tier. This is exactly the reason I have it stock only for the foreseeable future.

why not just play the normal TF2 then?

If you're still here user here you go.

Please don't actually concider any of this.

My nigga.

I'd argue that the Kritzkreig and Gunslinger are worth considering, but then this would happen.

HOLY SHIT, PLEASE KILL YOURSELF.

KEK
official list of worthy item additions right here:
that's it

t. scout/pyro player

That's kubbrz06 and yes, you'll have to mute him as he's quite literally a dumb pollack that can't into directions.

Sorry you can't just drop a sentry on the point.

come on now, he's not the only one stop this shit

vanilla demoman is by far the best class. then comes soldier

On PLR maps, engies can sabotage the enemies route with sentries and build teleporters to help their team. KOTH depends on the map, you can counter flanks with sentries and again, use teleporters.

Still disgusting that you cancer kings got so used to this that you think it's the standard now

better than w+m1 pyro

That's just basic flamethrower application by newbies, not free crits by obtuse mechanics. If designing a character from the ground up, would igniting someone with a flamethrower, pushing them into the air to disrupt their movement, then swapping to melee for critical hits seem like something reasonable? or just totally hamfisted?

If you think w+m1 is all you can do with Pyro without resorting to cheese then you've got no standing to complain.

So with the github repo we can start pushing releases through there yes?

And he failed miserably at it, he also jumped ship before the vote. The vote ended up still getting what the EU wants because Greek law prevents people from having any legally-binding referendum on financial policy to avoid people voting their debts away. As financial minister, he SHOULD have known that this exists and explained this to people, instead he managed to prove his sheer incompetence and got a PR boost without having accomplished a single fucking thing by jumping ship before he could get any blame put on him.

If TF2 vintage gets updated do I have to install the whole thing over again, or what?

usually no, TF2V dev user made a hotfix last time and it was smaller.

Kinda surprised no one else asked this but, tweak how? What's your current plan with it? Feel free to shoot it down but I've had an idea for it for a while now. What if after dead ringing you took mini crits even while cloaked? That way you are severely punished for not escaping/tricking someone after you are hit? Just an idea I wanted to say.

I like his art style but man… his tastes are… yeah.

Anyone have mirrors of Alphablaster's channel?
I think his channel was taken down

i just want those videos

fug

The very first weapons they made for the classes were pretty inoffensive and decent additions all around. Stuff like force a nature, flare gun, loch and load, scottish resistance, sanvich, that stuff. Basically slight tweaks of existing weapons for a more specialist role.

All the other stuff added after the original updates was just awful, cheap and hideous shit on top of the hideous fucking hats.

Butthurt scout player detected

Really? Not saying it won't work, just saying that wouldn't the pistol make more sense?

confirmed casual, back in the day the trick was to set the level 1 up and bait someone into it as it gave fire support. Then you'd either upgrade it or build it elsewhere

ALSO NOTICE
Talked to a normalfag friend who used to play TF2 a lot and we have lurkers in this thread as TF2V is being talked about on plebbit. From what I've gathered their main concern is how TF2V is gonna handle "balance" despite that shit like that isn't gonna happen. But this does tell me that we have lurkers and news of the mod is spreading whether we want it to or not

I was referring to
Also Wrangler can work with combat engy its just a bit awkward

I press tilde and can't open the dev menu so I can't fucking join a server that's not on the dedicated broswer. I even enable dev console and it no work. HALP

Team fortress 2 is a casual game

go into advanced options instead, it's the REGULAR options menu

>tfw x230 dislike the trackpad though

added 20 more custom maps aswell as the remaining two tf2c maps that were not on

Then he'd have to be super casual to need mini sentries

Just tried to explain this to someone.

You're doing it wrong.

I guess i fucked that up, but the convo still speaks to the idiocy.

Being a Medic is a hard life.

When I played medic I had a very distinct list of people to heal and not. Retards ended up finding themselves without an uber and me running in the other direction.

I'm sorry.

i asked first and didnt see any objections

I never once said this, I said that only scout mains bitched about mini-sentries. You said mini-sentries were fag-enablers while I said mini-sentries are fag-Disabler's.
You then went on to say that Scout is a very weak class and not a threat and implied that Engineer is stronger then scunt and can easily beat scunt with shotgun. This is true with bad scouts but the scout is faster, has double jump, and a scattergun that does significantly more damage then the shotty up close in exchange for less damage at medium range. A good scout will shit on a engy every single time.

I personally removed you (who added me) because you have shown time and time again to be an obnoxious and rude person who I would rather not have to discuss with especially since you were messaging me all the time.
sage because blog shit

Nice formatting, laddo! You flew off the handle this time, and every time i told you not to take it personally. Maybe seek methods of coping with stress.
I'm not the one who think he can jerk off natsoc and also be into interspecies. Your doublethink baffles me. Maybe tumblr is more your pace?
Also, pls dont talk shit like youve been around forever, when you started in 2012. :^))))))

A good scout wouldn't be engaging a good engy. A good engy would be hanging around his sentry or baiting idiots into it's range while keeping an eye on his other deployables.

Your entire shtick is based on an engy being retarded.

How should I configure the memesystem server? Should I make it stand out from Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN somehow, or should I just copy whatever the other server is doing?
Also, who would be interested in a Steam group for TF2V? Good idea, bad idea?

Are you a literal retard?

Steam groups are cancer. No exceptions.

right now there is no real need to make 8 servers when we have such a small pool of players.

No that's bound to attract cancer.

The threads are sufficient

As much as I like MGs, fuck off mate. Take your offsite drama elsewhere

I'm talking 1 on 1 without a sentry just shotty and pistol.

UUUU

This should be the last of it.

helb

No steam groups

the game is free on steam, what are you even doing?

There's a guide a bit ways up so you don't need it. Dunno if it'll hlep. If not future versions will have everything packed in so it won't be needed

NO STEAM GROUPS!

(checked)
Anyone get this working? I followed all the steps but TF2V just opens and closes silently. I can open the game by creating a shortcut of hl2.exe and adding -game tf2vintage, but I can't join any servers (even with the connect console command).

Does TF2V.exe ask for permissions? It does for me, try running as admin.

bump

So thoughts on piecing together a trailer for the game? I mean a properly choreographed one

learn to lurk, threads don't bump when past 300 posts

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrromotion?
What for?

Already did that.

What's the background music?

New thread when?

Can you post screenshot of the game folder? Do you have a rev-client.log there? When the game starts, does it flash anything on screen at all? What windows are you running?

Probably when the thread reaches page 13.

Got a file named steam_appid.txt in the folder as well?
If you've never tried to run sourceSDK then steam won't assign it an ID and revemu will freak out.

No rev-client.log, but I do have a TF2V.exe_REVOLUTiON.log:
15:36:46:199 [3916\9700] Logging initialized.15:36:46:203 [3916\9700] Run path initialized to c:\users\cwook\desktop\source sdk base 2013 multiplayer15:36:46:207 [3916\9700] Command line: C:\Users\cwook\Desktop\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\TF2V.exe 15:36:46:212 [3916\9700] FileSystem logging initialized.15:36:46:216 [3916\9700] Account logging initialized.15:36:46:220 [3916\9700] UserID logging initialized.15:36:46:226 [3916\9700] Steam User set to SteamPlayer15:36:46:231 [3916\9700] Steam language initialized (english)15:36:46:236 [3916\9700] Cache support was not enabled. Using extracted content only!15:36:46:244 [3916\9700] -- Original Steam.dll set: .\Steam\Steam2.dll (0x68830000)15:36:46:249 [3916\9700] -- Using Steam Client: c:\users\cwook\desktop\source sdk base 2013 multiplayer\steamclient.dll15:36:46:316 [3916\9700] DllMain: DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH15:36:47:606 [3916\9700] DllMain: DLL_PROCESS_DETACH
I enabled all the logging settings in rev.ini. The game doesn't show anything on-screen at all. Using Windows 10

Pic 2 related, here are the contents:
There's a null character there, not sure what that's about. I've run Source SDK many times before.

New Thread

That's strange.
Try to create a folder named RemStorage in game folder.
I'll keep looking into this.