I just beat Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. Some of the story was kind of confusing, but I just had one question

I just beat Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. Some of the story was kind of confusing, but I just had one question.

Why couldn't I protect that smile?

Because disbair :DDD

thats pretty gay user

Did anyone else lose interest the moment danganronpa was localized? I sure did.

I only played the games because a girl I knew said she did but I found out she didn't like me so I stopped.

I'm still interested in the series but I've pretty much lost all interest in discussing it. There's only so many times you can go through the
song and dance before the prospect of discussion loses all appeal.

We already know the nips hated it. I'm looking forward to the trainwreck.

Although, I must admit that I don't feel good about it either. Strange, because it's spits in the face of the moe shit that Tumblr usually likes and throws it into a rapey world.

I guess that's the thing though, Tumblr has an innate death drive with their pro-Islam, pro-sodomy, pro-weight gain ways even if they do pretend to be 'against' those things in spirit.

I'm ready to make screencaps of salt from faggot-centres like Tumblr and Reddit once they realize Kaede isn't the real protag and Kodaka was rusing them.

Not that it makes it any better of a game. Fuck chapter 6. I hate it when games try to be meta and involve the audience wanting more from a series as a bad thing. That shit grinds my gears.

I'll probably play it, and finish it, which is more than I accomplished for Despair Girls, and maybe even partake of a couple threads, but I don't think I'll enjoy any of it even going into it with the knowledge that it sucks.

I want to hug that cute girl.

Nigger what, moe as pure cute femininity triggers tumblr landwhales because muh unrealistic portrayal of beauty

user… there's something we need to tell you

It was pretty average. The villain's motive is literally just DUDE DESPAIR LMAO.
It really shits me this caught on with weebs and gives NISA a reliable cash flow.

I know, I know, she's 2d, I can't hug her. It's a very sad reality.

Better motivation than pic related tbh

DEEPEST LORE

Why does that bear HAVE to have one eye symbolism, and why is he in black and white.

the colors are supposed to represent hope vs despair which is the big theme of the game. The eye is a camera and weak point for the spinoff game no one played

SHE'S GOT A FUCKING >>/DICK/

So she already has a boyfriend or something?

Because the game hates you.

You didn't miss much. Lots of friendship is magic, a terrible final boss, and somehow worse final chapter than the first game. The only thing keeping me going was the two MC's random chatter about books.

I can't play it without crippling my Vita anyway. Glad it sucks.

Fag shoulda bought wunna these.

is V3 in it's own universe/complete spinoff or same continuity?

You mean "read"?
Good job!

I was probably like 70% done with it even, I think I was in chapter four or five, but there was no mystery to what was going on, nothing unpredictable behind any of the characters, and the gameplay was bland shit even compared to other mediocre third person shooters I've played. The few interesting dialogues between Touko and Komaru didn't even come close to making up for the hundred times they repeated the exchange of
Syo being relegated to just an OP attack boost was stupid as shit too, if she'd been around more she probably could have carried the game easily.

It's better to be at least somewhat informed if you want to impress people on an anonymous imageboard.

Can we have a lol thread?

I don't what it is about the robot voice and the sounds of the title but it triggers something in me.

the game definitely missed a lot of potential for a Komaru - Toko buddy cop action mystery

But he has two eyes…

Maybe it started out as a Pepe kind of mascot?

Impress people who pretend VNs are video games? Nah.

the bear is a robot

Japs have no taste with computers. Even sadder, they tend to depict them more faithfully than most forms of media.

I actually thought her as "devil trigger mode" was pretty cute, same for all the random throwbacks in her special attacks. Also I believe on easy mode she's always useable but it would get old pretty fast to play as her constantly.

Supposedly it's the biggest sin: a retcon. But that's literally "I read this in last thread" so don't take my word for it.

He's created by the Israelites, and Junko is an Ashkenazi Jew, the new world order talks about the masonic judaic rule of the world and the end game for the highest class; the elite.
If only DR was THIS interesting

I mean that the bear is a cultural meme in the story.

Posted the wrong image, fug

yeah he's a mascot used by cult members
also it's a mass produced death robot
he's pretty memey in the games

The eye is a camera; representing the all seeing eye. The people with of the highest skills (The Super Dupers) work for their Jewish master, not knowing their satanic agenda, while the top dogs sit like an effendi and eat.
missed potential hurts me

Adds up.

Haven't played beyond number 1 but it certainly gave the impression that the "cult" was rather sizable. Enough to go full DOTR and leave only a small resistance behind.

The size of the cult is pretty poorly defined, they're somehow big enough to have caused major global issues and have vandalized a fuckload of landmarks but they're also all completely cleaned up within like a year or so.

Imagine how batshit crazy it would be if that all turned out to be true, and videogames were all compromised from the start, and this was all big one elaborate master class false flag to distract us and gamergate was directly giving the jews power by changing the course of history and voting for trump, because the other person was simply incompetent and the people "with" hillary, are the same ones from Israel, playing a sick, disgusting, prolonged game with us, the goyim, having everyone on a fucking leash.

That is a scary thought; the ultimate blackpill.

The ultimate blackpill…
The ultimate despair.

Also
got a good fucking laugh out of me

Upupupupupupu…
Having a segment where all the pink blood suddenly turns red in sudden bursts of strong disturbance would be a powerful thing to do visually and plotwise

Fucking jap thieves.

Danganronpa is quite a bit more than just a VN, again try something smarting than that shitty stale bait.

>>>/cuckquean/

The pink one always talks about CP

You want her moist tight cunny hunny, don't you?

This kind of symbolism is in other mediums as well.

Evil is ancient. It's the same thing with the ancient Egyptian sun deities, the dragoon's that china worships, the nature/demons that japan worships, the lighting gods, the sun symbolism in Islam.

Got the scene where Monaca is repeatedly punching her?

She's kind of annoying
More of a Kyouko fag myself

Maybe? I don't really remember the game

No. It's just really bad anime tier shitty writing that makes legitimately no sense whatsoever. It's dude friendship/hope lmao the game. At least the actual murder mystery parts of the game are somewhat decent (even if they run into the same problems as Ace Attorney games). From what I've heard of the new one it's even worse and the actual murder mystery parts are even worse.
>Why couldn't I protect that smile?
Because she wanted to be evacuated from this shitshow of a plot because she is truly best >girl Kyoko is a close second.

ayy.

Is Danganronpa Kirigiri (The novel) any good? It was supposed to focus on the murder mystery stuff and not lol hope as much. The better parts of the games are the investigations for sure I wish they put more into them.
The funhouse case in 2 is fantastic

I want to teach her about sex if you know what I mean.

Because his story makes 0 sense and his own father is Huey-tier of cuckish.

The red eye isn't an eye at all, it's an eyelash. It's supposed to be winking constantly because it was designed with benign intentions.

But the dick makes it better!

The MC of V3 gets killed on Case 1 and then you play as the other faggot, the entire plot is about le desbair being the fault of the people playing the game because they keep asking for more (SO DEEP) and V3 means 53 because this is DR53 after dozens of fictional entries because le ebil gamers wanted to much, also Junko comes back

This

This has to be the most stupid bullshit I've ever seen passed off as a plot.

Kyoko is a gem and a diamond who single handedly elevates the game, be proud of your taste.

Why would people hate their fans so much as to do this shit? It infuriates me to no end, it's just hating on people who give meaning to your work.

Damn, man, just make a spinoff about Naegi & Kirigiri doing detective shit in a pseudo-post-apocalyptic setting if you want something different than a murder game. Don't make a rehash and then shit on your fans as if they're the reason you can't get any new ideas.

And why the fuck can't they have a villain who isn't Junko? They mightn't have ever realised it, but Danganronpa was onto something at the start of 1. You know what that theme was? It was a metaphor for how high school can break a teen. You go in full of hope and full of potential, but it's a cutthroat environment where you're fighting your classmates as much as those who want to control your future. You gotta grind your soul out to stay atop the competition while seeming normal, they tell you. Or, actually, you can say 'fuck that' like the heroes of the story do, and pick your own path in life. Stick true to your friends, tell anyone who tries to control you to fuck off, and become the adult you want to be.

That woulda been a smart theme. That gives way for a lot of antagonists, from backstabbing students to abusive peers and manipulative elders. The world's your oyster in that setup, basically.

What the fuck do we get instead?

We get a kinky ass bitch who wants to make people suffer because it gets her pussy moist!

For three games!

Oh my god, let me just take over this shitty fucking series.

I want to Kiri her giris

I want to see her bacon hands.

normally I'd be mad about spoilers but that's dumb enough for me not to care
Is there anything like Danganronpa that isn't written by a hack? The original concept was really neat but it devolved into the hope stuff, it had good music, aesthetic and general vibe though I love mysteries in enclosed areas

I want to investigate crime scenes with Kiri.
I want to break the death grip of a murder victim for her so she can investigate more easily.

Not that I know of. The best we can do is pray someone makes a spiritual successor and does it right

Either pray that the devs realise this and retcon shit hard so they can make this sort of game, or go make this shit yourself. Get some good artists, suck their dicks, git gud at writing mysteries and dating sim shit, and hope you net as many thirsty yet scorned Danganronpa fans as possible

>couldn't protect Chiaki in 2
1 was way better than 2, though, having played them both. I found the school almost kind of comfy.

I think I agree with you, the island feels kind of underutilized and 2's overall plot is a lot less interesting. Most of the cast is less memorable too. The good cases are better than any of the ones in 1 though.

Yeah, I feel like 2's plot would have been better if they had found a way to use Nagito instead of computer zombie junko. I can't even really remember most of the names of 2's cast. I remember Fuyuhiko, Chiaki, and Gundham by name and some of the others by design. But god, I just remembered while typing how awful the case in the joined houses was. Stuck there forever and it's just eye-bleedingly bad to look at.

All anyone talks about from 2 is how cute Chiaki is and how fun Nagito is. If we kept it to them and Hinata, would we really lose anything?

I wouldn't have minded if it took more of a Phoenix Wright direction with those 3. Nagito and Chiaki are your weird assistants or something. A lot of the characters were just really forgetful. I can't even remember the robot guy's name, and I liked him. Oh, and I remember Soda getting cucked hard by Gundham.

Peko and Akane I guess but one dies before she can do much and the other never does anything. Maybe Ibuki.

I think the devs had an aversion to the explicit 'sidekick' character. Sayaka was hyped up to be that in the start of DR1, only to actually be the first victim. From there you were left wandering in mistrust, with the only reliable character (Kyoko) still feeling distant for much of the game and Makoto has to get closer to her. That let the rest of the non-murderous survivors grow on you as it felt more like a collective unit, struggling against the same obstacle together despite their differences.

I think with 2, they tried to replicate this, but it didn't stick. Maybe it woulda been better had they opted for the 'cliche' approach of a blatant core cast like we said. Why, maybe they could spin both, and make the other students mistrust the three because they're close.

Ibuki a perfect, she can stay. At least until her death.

Aw god, I forget how great the fan translation is.

Not really. Hinata is the MVP of the story even if everyone wants their waifus to succeed because he's just as bland as Naegi but he's also in the know about how much bullshit is going on around him and how everyone is just a huge autist, so he ends up as the only normal human being on the island. Chiaki is waifu bait but she's at least cute even in a one dimensional way and Komaeda is there just to ruin everything, which is all that matters.

This series would've started well enough if it was focused on actually solving cases and a consistent plot and tone rather than muh style\hope\despair\plot twists. It felt like playing a script with no agency and atmosphere. Of course the game was originally going to be like that but I'm sure you all knew what happened. That said Aoi is best and needed a better series to reside in.

IT'S A BOOM BYE BYE IN A BATTY BWOY HEAD

This Kiris the Giris

My joke went over your head it seems. But in all seriousness she was also my favourite of the first game.

The NISA one did something similar. Also using Western emotes.

Post sexy Dangitronpaul girls.

i've said this a thousand times before but
A tranny telling me traps are gay is just going to make me think the opposite.

She is being sarcastic, user

honestly, I have a lot of "problems" with this game, the only character that felt down to earth was sakura, the rest were in the majority had either no presence, or were annoying as fuck. how the fuck do you manage to make the same character the two worst characters at the same time?fucking toko. And it was clear from the start that kyoko would get plot armor for at least most of the game. I'm almost glad they didn't attempt to exaplin how they conveniently erased 2 years of memories, how monokuma came to existance, who installed the guns and all the monokuma passageways, how they were getting food, etc… I also don't think they gave a time frame for the game's start, but I assume it started as soon as they decided to live inside of it, however, kyoko's father was already a pile of bones.

Also, someone explain me this, why does sayaka has less dialogue than leon?they both become unavailable to spend free time with at the same time, so you'd spend them to have the same amount of dialogue, or, if anything, for sayaka to have more as she's pushed onto you at the start of the game, I also lost the will to continue with the extra school mode but , for example, mondo when befriended with the tickets eventually worried about what his future would be, but for sayaka there was seemingly nothing(so what the fuck was the point of the tickets then?).

and I hear the sequels are worse, this is truly despair

I'm pretty sure he was just a creation by Junko. The whole explanation for why he was made into a robot and why multiples exist is explained in the Danganronpa: IF manga. Apparently the trap made the robot (and the security system) during the time they were barricaded in the school.

That said, I still don't like the plotholes in this game and the plot for that matter
The only saving grace is the bounty of waifus. Some of the characters are, admittedly, pretty fun.

Traps themselves are mentally ill.

As if the original goon translation was any better.

It caught on with Tumblr, not weebs. For whatever reason they loved the shit out of the game.

I guess they like stories with tons of biting off more than they can chew and edgy shit.

No that's trannies, traps are just guys that naturally look like cute girls. they know they're men and primarily only crossdress as a fetish.
in some cases the best cases they don't even crossdress.
case in point pic related.

and i swear to god, pewter this is my last trap related post today, i'm not trying to derail anything that's just the way it turns out

Eliminate gays now.

Gay shit you fucking fairy faggot. Anything else is mental gymnastics.

Sayaka has less dialogue because she's just so simple a character they probably couldn't come up with enough interesting shit for her. The monokumas are explained in Despair Girls if you're willing to trudge through that crap, basically a little girl extorts her dad into making them as helper robots or something.

But user traps aren't gay.

It's a metatextual Anno-style navel-gazing retcon mess.

Pretty concise. I told you anons it was terrible. There's a reason the Nips hated it.
Hopefully this makes the zombified series kill so we can move on.

Reminder that Dangan1 is the best because of three reasons:
1. Built from the skeleton of DISTRUST
2. Junko is just a sex-bodied manipulative usurper with a Blackwater merc sister, not some godlike mastermind despite clearly being dumb as a brick
3. best girl [aside from Kirigiri] (yes she does shower, Togami just hates her since she's just a sweaty masochistic nerd)

It's a shame they went with Junko's wild ride, because I would have liked a genuine entry where we delve into the actual purpose behind the school and why it would have a mascot like Monokuma.
No, the eye is a motif in the school, even on the emblem of the building.

Shame that the only thing left from DISTRUST is Leon's godlike execution. The murders in 1 are nowhere near as good, either.

Also the fact that DR1 was pretty stylish in art, atmosphere (horror game-esque), and music. After that everything that made DR1 great was thrown out of the window.

Why? are you some kind of sexual contrarian? I

Mikleo was too good for Zestiria

Traps r gay tbh famalam

yes.
why do you think i'm so aroused by monogamy and weddings?

fateful digits m'lord

No they're not. They're 95% female, with 5% cock. Tomboys are gayer than traps. Traps are for straight men with a bit of an adventurous side.

What gays actually believe.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

Here's a (((You))), fresh outta the oven. Your seat is all warmed up for you, chaim

step it up, or get left in the dust

No they're gay but they're still cute and better than women because they aren't irrational bitches.

No, traps are pretty crazy tbh. Still better than your average woman though.

3dpd doesn't count.

DR1 is the best but its still garbage along with the rest of the series. They should've kept trucking on with Distrust.

what is the nips' opinions on danganronpa 2?

The motive for the murders were dumb, the cases where laughably obvious, the characters unlikable. It's shorter but it feels longer because the scenario is so repetitive, the music is awful… Danganronpa 2 improved on every aspect of the game. I played Danganronpa to make fun of it, but I found myself unironically enjoying the second one from when we are introduced to fat Byakuya until the end.

V3 was designed to be a commentary on the series and the fanbase in general. The reason V3 has the best executions is because the devs knew the fans liked DR1's executions the most. DR2 went more wacky with it, and DR1 only had one wacky death which was the Mondo Butter biker thing.

Everything from DR1 is DISTRUST-tier except for that. Let's not forget that they were burning "the witch" at the stake - until the punchline of the firetruck smashed her in.

Also this.

And this, too. I like DR1 for all its faults but I'd chuck it in the oven if it meant I could get DISTRUST

LOL
Why would you play a game to "ironically" enjoy it? What are you, some wannabe e-celeb? Or do you just smugly mutter snarky bantz all alone in your room?
What is wrong with you?

DR2 definitely improved the trail sequences as well as created a far better cast in terms of who contributes to the actual discussions. The biggest gripe I had with DR1 was that only Byakuya and Kirigiri mattered once you got out of the social aspect of the games.

At least for DR2 other characters who put forth theories weren't just easily dismissed each time, and the ability for them to Object to your own assertions made it feel more like the Pheonix Wright style of trial they were emulating.

the degree of unfunniness of this forced gay community meme is almost funny in itself

t. gay

Remember

Number of Y Chromosomes in a human female's body: 0
Number of Y Chromosomes in a human male's body: 35000000000000
Number of Y Chromosomes in a trap's body: 35000000000000

Are you autistic?

you're right
I love baneposting, dat boi, harambe, loss and whatever unfunny shit now

I hope some day some indie dev will have the balls to make a dark modern-day procedural investigation simulator with a sanity system and an actual sense of movement and events taking place. That is sort of like what Distrust might've been going for and I really want to play it. Linearity isn't an issue, just give me something actually worth experiencing.

Oh just stop already.
Traps are gay.
You're fapping to dicks, just shut up and come out already.

Traps are fucking gay. That girl is a cutie though.

but the Y chromosomes make it better!

Not to be "that guy", but there are genetic conditions which cause a XY fetus to develop as a female and an XX fetus to develop as a male. And I'm not talking about intersex, but shit like Swyer Syndrome where the end result a fully formed biological female (vagina, uterus, fallopian tubes, etc), but with XY chromosomes (also, they're sterile since the gonads essentially halt development before differentiation).

They also tend to have to be put on HRT in order to induce menstration and reduce the potential for (reduced, but still present) masculine characteristics. They also have to get their gonads removed, since they tend to turn cancerous.

Literally a percentage of a percentage's percentage of the human race's population. Abberations and cripples do not alter basic fundamental fact.

Did they hate it because certain elements were bad, or because certain characters died/had something bad happen to them?

Seconded. From the outside it looks interesting, but actually playing it is just Ace Attorney. The visual style of the game helps promote it as well and the banging fucking tits of some of the female characters.

I will sing praises of the anime that shows events before the second game and how the "despair brainwashing" actually worked. Shit was creepy and disturbing (in the sub of course). Then again I have a soft-spot for characters getting mind-fucked or gaslighted.

The game's original concept was also more interesting (murderer and victim would change based on certain criteria- so everyone could become your bestie/waifu or could be pushed into being a villain). Even the executions seem tamed down in later games- not just from the pink blood but being more surreal (I get why it was surreal in 2, but that's a surprise not revealed for most of the game).

Having Junko as this almost cult-leader like figure shot them in the foot. If the Despair was so wide-spread, so us different cults and sects of Despair-lovers working to undermine places of hope. Or even places and people that try so hard to eliminate despair that they're just being totalitarian.

who's that sexy thing in that gif?

Daily reminder of what could have been

Never a big fan of the executions being treated as attraction-like, but I think if they combined the high contrast black and white artstyle with more realistic executions taking place in grimy rooms with re-purposed equipment it would've worked well with the atmosphere. What could have been…

Danganronpa 1 only has that for a few of the major executions (Leon's and Detention being the ones that immediately come to mind) because it was built from DISTRUST's corpse.

It was clearly what was originally intended, but cowardice and marketing won the day, then massive "autism" worsened everything

They hated it because of this: and and

I thought it was hilarious more than anything, but I guess no one can take a joke these days.

This was as much of a "joke" as End of Eva - and it's just as funny.

I just realized they basically stole the plot twist of Star Ocean 3 and made it worse. Amazing.

It's a slick op that really gets the schizophrenic atmosphere down. It's a modified version of the "Climax Return" theme where Naegi Manlet does the whole "there is only one truth" thing.

I guess they really don't want to do any Danganronpa and just wanted it to end in a way that'd kill ANY demand for it. I don't blame them for wanting that - they had zero fucking ideas on where to take the story after 1.They had some interesting characters, and the mysteries were okay, but no idea what the fuck to do with them. Even the anime had no fucking antagonist to speak of, which just felt jarring. I still say clinging to the high school setting after 1 was a mistake; they'd have had more fun by making it so the students emerged into a world full of despair that they had to bring hope into.

Or just make it all over with 1 and in 2 make it a more brutal copy-cat. I don't know. Anything would have been better than Monokuma World.
That said, it's really something that they managed to make something so terrible it cannot possibly be accidental.

If you're understanding of a phenomena doesn't also account for abberations, then your understanding is flawed.

Yeah, these are extremely rare conditions, but these people aren't fucking unicorns and other types of magical beasts that break biology by their very existence.

Traps are gay

by definition is not a norm;
it is not a normal occurrence;
it is abnormal;
it's not the statistical norm.

Also
It's YOUR
YOUR is the word!

That's not remotely the point. Stop playing games with basic facts.
No. 2x2=4
Man = Man
Woman = Woman
Do not use genetic cripples as a means of validating your perversion.

Why are they so adorable together?

That's a very slippery slope user.

That's some mighty weak bait you got there.

A friend of mine bought the game and wanted to explain to me how hard it sucked. I decided to play it so we could discuss it.
I don't know how autistic you are, but outside your room there are other people, people who watch stuff to make fun of it, you might have heard the term "so bad it's good" before. We played that shit, we know it's bad, but we grew fond of its badness.

Also
as good an argument as DR1's

bump

But user, it is basic logic to say that if you like cock, be it on a man or a woman, you are gay as fuck.

Get a load at this Hothead!

You'd lose best girl.

traps are 100% male, thus 100% gay

She inspires him to have a backbone and he inspires her to ovulate