EDF!

Anyone playing?

This game is the best investment I ever made. Tons of fun.

I like playing with new people and showing them the ropes.

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

Other urls found in this thread:

weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
d3p.co.jp/edf5/edf/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope the 5th one comes to.PC, did they ever announce any new classes?

I'm not playing quite so much anymore, but it was definitely a blast.

Since the OP is a faggot I'll put down the copypasta:

Need some funds. I would get a 4pack and send to friends.
But It's in my plan to play it.

I just got it and have only played the first mission.

Is it normal for the game to run rough? Lots of little tells in the design say this was made by a small team and not terribly well optimized. I've got what would be considered a gaming computer and it still chugs a bit. I'm hoping it's not a Planetside 2 deal where AMD got left unoptimized or something.

My favorite things are mobility, flight, and energy weapons. You guess.

I just got a level 0 weapon called the Zero Mirage or something like that. It's really nice.

N/A

Faster movement/a run button.

That's actually been confirmed. Rangers now have a sprint ability so they can get to fights fast like the rest of the team.

I need to get back to playing this. It was a lot of fun. When will they go into Space?

You have no idea how much I want a mission set on the Moon, with Moon gravity. The ragdolls would be hilarious.

I just want the giant robots to control like RAD

No new classes but I believe ranger is going to get some vehicle drops this time around. Though I'm sure Air Raider will get many, many more.

THEY GOTTA GO BACK!

You mean so they can get pickups fast

Getting to fights fast is what the APC is for. Air raider delivering a forward defensive line of rangers then bounding backwards to a hilltop to call for fire is some good shit.

Only ever played on ps3 but never got past that beach mission with the giant robots and the wave of flying robots. Great game but the PS3 couldn't handle it, lagged way to hard to be playable. Its too bad, I really liked that game and how you could replay levels on different difficulty for different weapons. Also wish I could've played with other people to get more out of the vehicles.

Yeah, my first EDF was 2017 on the 360 and even though the frame drops were charming in a sort of "they tried their best" kind of way, playing 4.1 on the PC at a steady 60fps makes the game much better. I get why people say that framedrops are a part of what EDF is, but honestly I'd rather have better performance than a more "authentic" experience

ayy lmao

I like the starting plasma launcher for the wing diver (found what seems to be a straight upgrade for it too) as it's pretty fun to fly above things and blow up groups of enemies with it from rooftops. What's a good weapon that complements it? Want something that doesn't drain my energy.

I'm glad to see EDF threads are still a semi-regular thing. Warms the heart. I might have to pop on for a bit tonight.

Probably Air Raider. Calling the thunder never gets old. Also, land battleships and giant robots.

I really like Ranger rocket launchers for hand weapons, since they're very reliable and efficient under most circumstances. The Gigantus is probably my favorite vehicle, since it handles very reasonably well & moves at a good pace, has 360 degree turret traverse, and has very serviceable cannons in general.

Any of them that have an absolutely huge target-rich line battle. Brute Force is a good example.

In bullet form for the sake of anons' eyes:

Bog standard laser rifles are nice. Moderate range and damage, generous ammunition reserves, relatively efficient recharge in both time and energy spent. I'm sort of a stick in the mud when it comes to weapon choice, but I find that the simple things work best outside the best circumstances for the gimmicky stuff, while in said best circumstances gimmicks like ballistic missiles and ultra wide angle ordnance launchers come into their own.

Idunn weapons are a great alternative to a regular LAZR weapon, they have slightly less range but are wider and can take out more enemies at once. Also there seems to be a slight AoE damage when it hits something, so be careful not to shoot it when something is smack dab in front of you or you'll damage yourself (though this rarely happens)

Mid range lasers will be your best bet since their high stat average makes them the most reliable weapon, comparable to Ranger assault rifles. Second option is short range weapons as they usually have fast reloads, low energy costs, and highest DPS. Third option is Idunn or Thunder Bow as they have good damage and range, but you have to be really good about timing your reloads as they take both a long time and a lot of energy.

My battle brother!

Just got this during the summer sale and played through it with my brother. Hadn't even realized it came to PC.
We played through the first time as Ranger. We've been playing around with different classes, but nothing quite matches the subtle ridiculousness of the rank-and-file soldier with a rocket launcher blasting everything to smithereens as a one-man army.
I've been playing a lot of fencer lately and only recently learned how to animation cancel the dash jet, which improved my enjoyment of the class immensely. I just wish 90% of the missile launchers didn't require an Air Raider to guide them, especially when my Air Raider is too busy fellating himself in a tank to ever bother with a laser guide.

Meme weapons that aren't actually shit. The acid gun seemed silly until I tried it, then I played almost the rest of the normal playthrough with it when I saw just how much damage it shat out. Same goes for the Javelin Catapult I just got on Fencer.
I also enjoy the 30mm cannons on Fencer. It just feels good to decimate something across the map with a couple shots from an artillery gun.

I'm with
None of this "run around the map for half an hour, moving from point to point while drop ships occasionally rain garbage from the skies." Less running more killing, especially fun when shit hits the fan and you start getting overwhelmed.
Alternatively I like some of the tunnel maps. Running in there with a Flame Revolver while bugs get bottlenecked is entertaining.

More enemy and environment diversity and of course a faster way to move around the map without having to be an Air Raider using his vehicle drop to drop something speedy. Picking up crates on some of those fuckhuge maps gets tiresome.

That's what railgun tanks are FOR

So the air raider missiles
The only two worth a shit are the phoenix and the leviathan, and the point isn't to glorify the FENCER, it's for the air raider
By choosing those missiles you are offering yourself up as a reloadable air strike for the air raider. You need to have an understanding between the two of you before you attempt this, because you need to work as a single unit, fencer providing close defensive support and air raider providing mobility (heli or APC) as well as actually using the fencer. As a team you can provide more coordinated firepower than anything else in game, but you need communication and discipline to make it effective.

speaking of APCs, they should fix the vehicle physics so that its possible for them to go up a reasonable steep grade. On some missions, they slowly decelerate trying to go up a 50° hill and before they reach the top they begin to slide back. Bikes have a similar problem, though their controls are by far the more apparent one. Helicopters could do with better controls, for that matter, even though the way it works now is more realistic than z-cruise control that every other game seems to have.

post some webums lads

Think the devs said that they would now as the PC port did insanely well

Will NPCs be able to enter vehicles in EDF5?
Will there be new or enhanced chanting, ie, if you have enough units they break into a choir?
Will there be chanting for Wing Divers and such, too?

So… all weapons for all classes mod when?

Aren't they scraping the air raider, hence some of the abilities are being rolled into the ranger?

No, they're not scrapping the air raider. They've even upgraded roller bombs and a massive shock-gun tank.
Rangers are getting a watered-down version, access to some of the more basic vehicles, while Air Raiders keep fancy space-lasers and massive mechs, as far as I can tell.

neat

Mandatory drop list weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/ can change the language to english in the top left

d3p.co.jp/edf5/edf/

4th tab is air raider. They buffed a lot of his special weapons like the rolling bombs home in now and some air strikes cooldown with time instead of points now or it might be a combination not sure. The air strikes have a special UI that makes aiming them much easier to aim. You can see it about 57 mins in the video.

Air Raider: the freedom bringer

Tempest, and naegling

High density, though it's really easy with strafe run spam.

Ranger to be useful in inferno other than being anti drone.
Fencer artillery aiming to not feel like shit.
Less red dragons, fuck those guys.
New weapons and better weapon balance. There are too many fun weapons that are pure shit in terms of usefulness.

If you ever see a VDF room, come join!

Also, you must be an exception. The game is an example of a great port. Runnign fine and looking good.

Gods, I love the city. So pretty looking and filled with details.

- Auto loot pickup
- Everyone can heal AI troops
- more variance in AI troops (fencer gets the cannon and blast spear. That's it. They can't even switch!) and better AI
- Ranger can upgrade troops under his command (they get weapon upgrades) and give basic commands
- Balams with proper guns
- armor acually reduces damage and can degrade. Fencer armor is actually immune to ant acid
- no armor pickups/scaling/difficulty system (armor pickups repair damaged armor)
- difficulty increases number of enemies or changes their types, does not bloat HP

WHERE IS THE CHEAT ENGINE AUTO PICKUP SCRIPT?

I know it, it's just my air raider is too ADD to do it. We start levels with agreement that it's what we want to do, so he tries for about 15 seconds, gets bored, then airdrops a mech and runs around in that for the rest of the game leaving half my loadout useless. I stopped trying with him anymore.

anyone know when the fuck we getting 5?

Likely September
They said Summer of this year

Nice, west getting it at the same time? or shortly after?

After

there was a delay and now it's just "scheduled for release in 2017"

Fuck

you disgust me

My friend bought it for me and a few other people during the summer sale, it's basically become our new game we play constantly, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did but holyfuck is it satisfying. hard as fuck on inferno though.

i can't even finish Crimson on hardest with ranger god damn mutants

Something that always strikes me about these games is that humanity always just barely scrapes by. The loss of life is ridiculous.
LIDERALLY ANNUDA SHOAH!

All I want is for Rangers to be able to call down basic APCs and command/call in troops. Maybe even sacrifice a weapon slot to call down troops.

Huh…rain into a cheater today.

He was running around as a ranger with a Goliath D1, fireing 100 rockets per second.

I think we were in the same lobby. Doing early missions on Hard, I was the Fencer.

That guy made everything too easy so I left as well.

I don't have the loot script, but I used the wayback machine to get a script from the deleted cheatengine thread that lets you change the values of your loot pickups at the end of the mission.

Damn it. Half of the skill of air raiders was learning how to place strikes accurately, and that also balanced some of the absurdly strong strikes.

You don't know how to play ranger if you think they're bad in inferno.

How's Ranger good on inferno aside from being a pure support or mediocre drone killer

Never heard of this game nor have i seen anything of it, but it looks fun and interesting. Does this game give you this ==FOR HUMANITY== feeling?
I really dig in such things when it's implemented good like in xcom. Also, does this game reek of anime like vid related?

That's all the game is ever about all the time.

This game is so FOR HUMANITY that there's songs the soldiers sing during battle that are all about FOR HUMANITY. Not to mention the soldiers and commanders constantly barking at you to kill as many aliens as you can. Hell, when you get to the mission where you have a boxing match with Godzilla in a Balam (giant robot), the commander flat out screams, "I DON'T CARE IF THE BALAM CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE! JUST PUNCH THAT ALIEN FREAK IN THE FACE DAMMIT!"

I haven't seen a VDF room in forever. Maybe I'm in the wrong timezone.

That vid is nothing related to the gameplay; the game is pure action and explosions with some cheesy dialogue intermixed. There's only a few less interesting missions which drag on because of the dialogue, but that only happens if you're fairly good and clear things quickly.

fucking hell, one of them has my voice

That's fantastic news, I thought it did below expectations

Would you want to make one :^)

I do on occasion, but the only people I get are nips. I exclusively play inferno at this point though, so that might be the reason.

Let's have a game thread friday night, start with amateur hour and when the sale kiddies go to bed switch to INFERNO.

You know, for a community that's all about killing bugs and having fun, there sure are a lot of uptight tryhards. I've had people yell at me for picking the water tank or depth crawler on easy surface missions and for being air raider at all for underground. If I wanted to push it to the limit then I wouldn't have made an easy carefree room to get completion rate for my air raider.

both onechanbara and edf 4.1 sold like fecal droppings on pc. its not coming user.

Source?

steamspy
onechanbara sold 12k and edf barely sold ten times that number
thats very weak, compare that to neptunia which sold 350k

How about you compare sales to 4.1 on consoles or to previous releases before you say it sold poorly. Not every game needs to reach those AAA sales figures to be a success, especially not some bargain bin niche game made by a small japanese dev team.

Itsa budget title though. Do we know whatv they expected?

Also I feel likev hardest is where the game really begins. The enemies move fwst as fuck, hectors can go hyperspeed, and shield niggers actually do their jobs and glue themselves to hectors.
This shit is terrifying.

I love the vibe but I can't stand the actual games. Too slow, too small in scope and way to clunky to actually enjoy and I dare anyone who ever flew in this game to prove me wrong.

Doing my own research, it sold 110k in japan and 80k in the rest of the world on PS4 and ~121k on PC, 311k in total.
2025 sold 350k in total, 270k in japan and 80k everywhere else.
Reminder that the PC release has only been out for a year and 4.1 is nothing but a very expensive patch for 4/2025, making those some bighuge profits.

Also of note is that people are still buying copies of 2025 since they refuse to get a nogamestation 4 and yet want the "console experience", whatever that is.

i specifically compare to a budget weeb game like neptunia, if i compare to a japanese AAA game well, dark souls 3 sold two million so yeah the difference is much bigger

I never saw the sequels. Is this webm meant to work on the same level as the original ST did? Because that is a nice touch, even if the sequels are trash.

But again, comparing it to others does not say anything about how well it sold in regards to its future productions, you can only infer such by comparing it to itself since every single game needs different sales. You say the PC port sold like fecal droppings, and yet it is more than was sold on console for either region and makes up about 30-40% of total sales of 4.1. Why would that not be an incentive to make a PC release of 5?

Another thing is that 4.1 on PC has been out for only a year at a fairly high price with very little discounts, while Neptunia Rebirth 1 has been out for two years for a price lower than 4.1 has ever been, has been discounted down to $5, and has even been included in humble bundles for nothing. I don't have any intention to ever play a neptunia game and even I have a copy of it in my steam library.

Just played last night. Love this fucking game. I hope they bring EDF5 to PC, I bought EDF4.1 the day it came out on PC and I never had a single regret.

I played a fuckton of 2025 on PS3, and bought 4.1 when it released on PC but I honestly can't be arsed to unlock all the weapons again and only really bought it to see the mech suit and the not godzilla and stopped playing there. Wish I had regular group to play with or at least a method to port my PS3 save over. I'll probably pick up 5 if it gets ported over.

on pc just download a save with stuff unlocked, i did this in 4.1 so i could continue without having to unlock all things again

vdf room going up, hardest only though, one slot already taken

I'm trying to play 4.1 on PC, but whenever I set the game to fullscreen it goes to fullscreen for a second then back to windowed.
Is this just a shitty port?

Alt + F4

Another room if fags wanna play, called attack of the giant incests

Not seeing it

I have never played this but I know ==IT'S SHIT!==

fug, its full now

thats just like your opinion man

WE'RE TAKING DOWN THE BUG MACHINE

EDF will never go full Ito.

If you think that, then
YOU'RE SHIT!

Always use the electroshock weapons for those disgusting underground missions, you'll clear swarms of ants like how the Nazis roasted jews

user, i like the game but you have to admit that grinding armor is just tedious as hell

I pity you and your near hitler dubs user

goddamnit
8 PLAYER MAYHEM WHEN?

is EDF 4 toaster friendly?

Look up some EDF 2025 footage and you'll get a taste of what it'll be like

never change japen

My Battle-brother

I picked up some newbs and after a few easy mission led them to Crimson on Inferno.
Then I showed them what the Tempest can do and called in Balams for them.
Gotta love the reactions.

I really hope we can see X-4 in EDF5.
It's supposed to be a bigger Balam with a linear cannon.

Also, would love to see Despina. Hell, it can be the map you play on!

JAZZ IS SHIT!

That said, I'm playing now.

Somebody needs to play boost-cancelling lancer.

Works on my computer.

WTF?

What is with the cheating epidemic?

Just today I caught 2-3 randoms cheating like crazy

Summer sale. All these new kids with 10k armor and 2% completion. Anyone have a room up?

Nah, the cheats I'm seeing is super-guns that fire 1000 super shots a once.

Way above Inferno lvl weapons. We're talking a single WingDiver spraying 100 full power plasma shots with each press of the fire bottun. No energy drain.
If the cheater is hosting the room, AI too uses the cheaed weapons. Like tanks shooing 100 howitzer rounds a once

Who gives a fuck about armor cheats? It's no different than sitting on an anthill for hours really. Neither teaches you anything useful about the game.

Not necessarily bad, since rangers with infinite lazers can roast a whole lot of bugs

Yeah, the Jap's obsession with grinding has got to stop. I guess this is why the Japs are doing pretty well in their crapsaccharine country wasting away their life working, their minds must be used to that shit

You can get plenty of armor just from playing normally. That 70% aint gonna complete itself.

there are DLC weapons with inflatable anime girls and tanks with loli decals

Those are the best weapons too

Anyone up for some Inferno Missions?

The only public ones are for farming

Its the little things

Even in the future you have to wait in line!

Its like you're playing Mount&Blade

I dont like the lvls where you cant kill some of the enemies, especially with Erginus, I mean it makes sense that you cant kill him in the earlier missions but it would be cool if the levels had differant endings if you could kill certain enemies or the transport ships that normally get away.

I stopped playing once I couldn't find it. Once you play with the script I can't go back to playing without it.

room up, attack of the giant insests

done for now, sorry to cut it short
cosmo you from here? You always pop up when I say a game is open

autoloot?