The Surge

This game is actually fucking amazing. I kinda feel bad for the developer now, considering it bombed.

Why do people always say it's too hard and unfair and by that overplays the Souls meme? I found it perfectly fair mostly. Are people never using the drone companion which literally lets you immobilize enemies and cause a lot of damage from distance?

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 fucked them over, but don't worry OP, they're working on Lords of the Fallen 2 and they aren't going near on any AAA production levels anymore.

It has its issues. Compared to Lords of The Fallen it's a monumental step up but Team13 seems to have serious troubles making decent bosses. Also they really need to figure out how not to make the sprinting attack the only worthwhile attack on heavy weaponry.

Also actually takes a shit on Souls and most games in many ways.

AMAZING:

-you can either equip only one armor part or, by keeping the button pressed, equip the armor part and all other respective parts. something almost no other game gets right.

-you can check all upgrade level stats of your weapons any time and on this decide if they are even worth it.

-you can level gear up all way to the max level immediately if you have the required materials and don't have to go through the other levels first. this way there is no piss easy but time-consuming grinding of shitty materials. that's absolutely amazing. monster hunter can and should learn from this. fuck those boring low rank quests i had to do at rank 999.

-all the drone abilities are helpful somewhere and fun. the shield, the projectiles to lure enemies, the one that immobilizes them and so on. especially in souls 3 you can ignore all the magic shit and aren't missing out.

Also:

-the whole augment system is more complex and way more fun than the shitty rings in souls. kinda its own mini game comparable with monster hunter decoration.
-counter attacks and backstabs are there but they aren't shitty mini "cutscenes". gameplay is not interrupted.
-parrying is not that hard to pull off and not that risky which is good. it's almost useless for pve in dark souls because the window is so small (otherwise it would be overpowered in pvp).
-jumping is more intuitive, less invisible walls, can jump almost everything, especially fucking fences and take on levels the way you like.
-there is perfect timing for every attack for when to combo into next attack for a stamina bonus. every weapon really feels unique and has to be mastered.
-crafting and loot system is reasonable. there aren't enemies that randomly drop certain types of "chunk". you can clearly see what an enemy will drop.
-full sets actually have unique skills which means there often is no "better or worse" and it adds personality to every set.
-high replayability with hidden stuff everywhere you couldn't make use of or new doors to enter in the new game+
-actually comfortable to play, no anti-fun autismo shit for children that doesn't respect an adult life style. you can pause the game any time and also store your "souls".
-redpilled. guy behind all this shit is a (((berg))) and this marketer you hear and see everywhere in the game is a cliché multiculturalism propaganda poster boy. you're forced to play a white man, even though it's basically an avatar.
-fresh for this genre, not another medieval game with wyverns.
-different body parts and hitzones (cutting limbs à la monster hunter for better droprates and advantages). you either target blue body parts (no armor) for a damage bonus or orange body parts (armored) for a 100% scrap metal droprate for this armor piece.
-positioning actually somewhat matters for bosses, especially because they are actually big and not just guys with swords.
-not overly focussing on iframes.
-interconnected, complex world with many shortcuts.
-okish sidequests and characters (who actually move their mouths) for this type of game.

They prove that even literally whos can make Souls and how overrated it is, in my opinion.

Think I enjoyed all the bosses, especially the fact they aren't big guys with swords.

And that weapon from that one actual big guy with sword boss (Cerberus something?) has a unique attack that's very flashy and fun, I prefer it over sprinting.

Its "overrated" but I think its because how it innovates very little. Dark souls 3 was basically the same game as the original; its a 6 year old game with a new coat of paint. Its not awful for that, I guess, but when you play games that mix up the formula a bit like Nioh or The Surge, you realize how dated DS3 is. Dragon's Dogma does vertical gameplay right, relating to your webm.

What the fuck are you talking about? In MH if you have the materials you can upgrade equipment.

Did I really formulate it so poorly? Of course you can upgrade, but first you have to make the Wooden Sword+, for example, then the Iron Sword, then the Iron Sword+, than the Wyvern Sword, then the Rathalos Sword, then the Rathalos Sword+ and so on.

If, somehow, you already have all the materials for the Rathalos Sword+, you could just make it without having to grind for all the other upgrade levels before and farm shit for them which is usually boring (especially when you are already G Rank and have to do Low Rank quests). But yeah, looking at World, that's probably my smallest concern.

Oh, I see what you mean. That could be nice, especially with how fucked the upgrade system is in Gen/X.

so? the gameplay, story and atmopshere is still garbage

I heard this game is ok but after the massive shitpile that was Dark Souls 3 i'm just burned the fuck out on souls clones.

fuck these denuvo loving retards

what the fuck do you call the limb cutting animation?
yeah, standing under the mech so it hits itself with rockets truly is amazing game design, fucking amazing

It was boring as shit and it deserved to bomb for being a shitty ripoff instead coming up with its own ideas.

>getting flak by (((anons))) because it names the jew
Anti-slide

They downgraded the team size and fired the director a few days ago, too.

I always disliked Mecha but I'm fucking desperate for a singleplayer game that offers both of a good plot and fun gameplay.
Does the game deliver in both?

Also disable the captcha you fucking faggots

Bots were spamming shortly after they removed them last.

Deck13 had nothing to do with that
This is by the devs of Jack Keane

I have never once heard someone say this.

>>>/reddit/

Because dark souls is a meme game. It doesn't matter what it's like, what matters is saying you play it every fucking time you can, like a vegan bitch.

Weird, I have never once heard of this game.

go to the steam page
you can find tons of shitters

Good to know how I'm not the only one that's pissed by how little actual 3D movement is involved in 3D games nowadays

get the hell outta my face

Only good when it looks like pic related

People draw a lot of their own personal self worth from the creations of others which they enjoy. People who are really into Dark Souls think they're a better person, or cooler, because of the very fact that they bought a video game someone else made.

This makes them highly irrational and antagonistic towards anything that threatens the self image they have of being a cool person by playing a specific video game. Usually this shit is reserved for consoles (see: Nintendo) but some games will do this too. Usually as a function of their marketing budget and strategy. "This game is so hardcore only badass cool people can handle it."

This stops people from thinking criticially about things. Which means they think that the game they like was developed in a vacuum and not built on the shoulders of the games that came before. Which follows that anything that builds on the shoulders of their personal pet game is somehow morally wrong or bankrupt.

You can play as hotwheels?

You can actually use the tree on the left to gain some height and then jump on it, just saying

faggit

thats the main character before he gets his new legs.

kinda sad that armor doesn't matter at all.
it's dex souls all over again

I don't care if this game is good. I hope Deck13 Interactive burn in hell for their sins against gaming for berthing that pile of shit.

also, I don't believe you.

Are you kidding me? The graphics were nice but the story was pretty bad and the gameplay was atrocious. It was way too easy to die and combat was fatiguing. Exploration was hindered by the fact that boss-level enemies were littered across the map. It deserved to fail, and it did.

What about it is red pilled? Genuinely curious

I CANT SMELL THE JAPANESE SEMEN SCENT COMING FROM IT, ITS SHIT!

The devs actually learned from lords of the fallen and this game doesnt use denuvo, its certainly worth a pirate at least.

European developers can't design games with melee combat, end of story. It is not worth giving a second or even a first chance.

No, it's not. At least not in comparison with other games which is the point of the post you quoted.

But it was cracked on line day 1.

Why so triggered?

Not intended and you know what my point is. I could just post a webm of me trying to jump over a fence in Souls instead. Usually doesn't work, there is barely any verticality.

Never played Lords of the Fallen. Could be the worst game ever made, no idea. The Surge is actually very good with great atmosphere and isolation.

Yeah, Souls where you do literally nothing but target enemy, tilt stick to right, then 30 frames dodge button when enemy attacks and then attack button twice throughout the whole game, no matter what enemy, + glitches and trial and error, is much better.