I got shekels to spare. Minecraft?

Been thinking of getting it for PC and finding a comfy vanilla server.

Before I use my precious shekels, are there any servers that are worth buying Minecraft for? And before you greentext your sarcasm about "buying" games, I tend to only pirate singleplayer games once in a while, and you usually have to buy a multiplayer game to be able to play the multiplayer.

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Setting_up_a_server
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there isn't

No. Legit minecraft servers are a clusterfuck of plugins and other eye-sores everywhere.

Maybe /tgcraft/ if you don't mind having to share with halfchanners, and having a nuclear shitton of plugins added on.
vanilla minecraft a shit though

Have you considered DQ Builders?

I used to play the everloving shit out of Minecraft Xcocks 360 editions with friends and it was comfy and fun as fuck.The only reason I'm asking if PC Minecraft is any good is because for some fucking half-of-the-dev's-brain-kicked-out-by-a-horse bullshittery where you can ONLY play with friends and friends of friends outside of the eyesore that is splitscreen.

Man, I fucking HATE the spammer that's causing the BOs to put in this captcha, it's really fucking annoying.

If you like the comfy aspect of memecraft, you probably will like /tgcraft/, since it's more aimed to worldbuilding and buildfagging .

Are there any mods that unbreak all the things that jeb and the fail crew have broken over the past 4 or 5 updates?

Oh, that's not what I was going to greentext about, actually

Pick two.

If you want a fun game sort of like that to play with friends, and I do mean friends, as you should never play these kinds of games with random niggers, get Terraria instead.

Already have it. It'skind of a "meh" experince no matter how many people I play with, even playing alone. But that's just me.

Get Manic Digger instead

Okay, hold the fuck up. How far did you get? What did you spend your time doing?

End game.Got some of the best gear for both melee and magic builds.
Collect and grind shit, making shitty little houses for my NPCs, start events I'm fine doing any event EXCEPT FOR MARTIAN MADNESS. FUCK MARTIAN MADNESS AND THAT MASSIVELY OVERPOWERED UNDODGABLE MOTHERSHIP WITH A RUSTY GARDEN RAKE SIDEWAYS, and just go around trying to keep corruption and hollow/crimson in check.

It gets slightly boring after a few minutes for me, it takes a long fucking time to get ANYTHING slightly good besides an enchanted sword you can find early into the game, and no matter how powerful my build is, I still lose a third of my health to a single attack from an enemy couple that with that BS potion sickness. I can't really do anything without getting fucking raped during endgame without being backed up by friendsthat I don't have or using a save editor.

I don't think you'll have very much fun with any of the survival games, tbh. They're only enjoyable with friends. Solo you're just doing the same old resource grind, except this time with no interesting enemies to fight. Have you considered single-player RPGs like Dragon's Dogma?

Why would you do that to yourself?

NV is a good start. Skyrim isn't great, but it's tolerable with mods. Pirate Dragon's Dogma some time and give it a try.

I play on old servers like NostalgiaProject (alpha 1.2.6) and BetaLands (beta 1.7.3).
there's no such thing as a server that makes buying a game worth it. if you like the game then get it.

And unstable as fuck. Infinite loading screens, stuttering, random crashing when trying to enter some areas or trying to do the civil war quest line, etc. I have to disable AI or download MORE mods to fix these problems. The blame could be on Shithesda for making a shit game, but whatever. I guess I'll try a Dragon's Dogma torrent soon, or I might forget it later. At leat I considered it, right?

You can get it for free here.

you could use your spare sheks to get a MC realms server where you can invite up to 10 people

that game is fucking garbage

That would depend on how much it costs and when they want money.

If this looks interesting to you, I think you'll enjoy it. The combat is fantastic, the exploration is good, and the build variety is incredible.

Just as disgusting as people who don't just host their own VOIP servers.

Can you host a dedicated server where you have admin privs for free?If so, then I might just buy MienKraft.

Of course. Once a year I'll play for a week or so with two of my friends, we pick a good blend of mods, and we set up our own private dedicated server.

I need a link to a guide or something. I know a few people who own Minecraft and might be willing to play.

minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Setting_up_a_server

So is Minecraft. At least Minetest doesn't charge you for an account.

You can still play multiplayer with a pirated client, dude. You're just limited to servers that allow pirated clients.

Minecraft is one of the easiest games in recent years to pirate. It has no fucking DRM. Grab ANY version cracked client like 1.8 and it will update the game to the latest version regardless. Fucking idiot

youll probably be entertained for a couple of months before going heavy into modding and or plugins.

i think by now you know what minecraft is about and you know exactly what youre getting in to. so itll probably be something you come back to a lot and get your moneys worth out of.

*puke*

Still got no clue where that portal came from, but I built my mansion around it. Had a nice little watchtower, and glass windows all where the lava used to pour out. Replaced it with water for easy lifting and not burning up. Had lots of clean stone all around. It looked real nice and clean. A shame that the game was so fucking shit that I had to quit soon after.

Top Kek
btw user, do you still have the save on your PC somewhere? If you do, I'd like to try out the same seed of yours, since it sounds pretty idyllic

There's the paradigm factions. It's full of Holla Forums autists though, but not too plugin heavy and a good time. I'd say go with the other anons and /tgcraft/. Honestly I played cracked for over a year before I ponied up the coins to support development, it was worth it.

What is beetle armor and Vampire Fan? Still the best combo ever. Pretty sure I remember Duke Fishron couldn't do shit to me.

I on the other hand constantly have a habit of spending large amounts of effort to automate a simple task for me, a la redstone. One I did was potion making. In the most recent update I even did a legit multi-user ATM, as well as an automatic mail system. All my saves are gone since I upgraded my hardware and forgot to bring the worlds along. Feelsbadman.

The combat update was the final nail that broke the camel's back for me. I want to build stuff with useful furniture like in Terraria in 3D, god damned, while having immersive hunger without having to fight off billions of skeletons.

how is lego world for building?

It has not been worth the price for years now. I would try to mind a pirated copy that can allow you to play online if it exists.

It's memes like this that make life living.

How is modded minecraft on 1.7.10? Is it worth playing?

Only if you've got a few friends to play with, and at that point you might as well all just pirate the game and play together. Any remaining public server is going to be fully of autistic children and shitty mods.

Remember that if you play Minecraft without the Chisels & Bits mod on creative then you're probably the kind of turbo autist that thinks survival is an actual coherent, well-designed gaming experience and who downloads FTB modpacks because he thinks they do anything other than make the game even worse.

if you are an 8 year old jewtuber go ahead and buy autismblox, otherwise you may want to look at other options

i'm a little confused by the question, why not just buy a cheap vps and host a server yourself if you want something specific.
to be perfectly honest i have no idea what microsoft minecraft even looks like now.

Good luck finding a server that isn't inundated with small childeren. Chat is basically unusable even on smaller servers because every two seconds a dumbfuck kid is asking a mod how to play the game. And then most server owners are cucks who allow this and then get on your ass for cursing or telling the kid to google their questions.

9b9t

can't you just make a profile for every version?

>>>/cuckchan/

comfy and randoms on the internet

Now what is it?

Don't tell them that, do you know where you are? Now he'll be inclined to buy it.

Nope. Sorry mate. This was a long ass time ago, and the game got boring so very fast, that I just decided to uninstall and delete every file associated with it. Worst 15$ I have ever spent.

Minetest respects your freedoms

Why did no one checks those trips?

play terraria instead