Nintendo Switch HACKED

THE SWITCH MIGHT HAVE JUST BEEN HACKED

twitter.com/derrekr6/status/883483659302559744

This was just posted a few hours ago. Nobody knows what it means except for a select few. Smealum, plutoo, and all other important people involved in hacking the Switch are retweeting it without giving any info on what it is.

Anyway, prepare for more news on this coming soon. This genuinely will be the fastest hacked console in history.

Other urls found in this thread:

hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=50748&showpage=1
twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't we already have a thread?

Not about this. There's one about assets being dumped that got derailed into people having an autistic fit about jacking off to 3D models of splatoon.

Prepare for weeks of waiting for a mediocore exploit that doesn't even enable piracy because he's a massive moralfag, never forget the wait for ironhax anons.

This is good news though, this means the Switch is already been flung wide open, we just need someone less gay than Smealum to figure out how to do it, which shouldn't take long now that the info is out there.

I fucking hate Nintendo. Great news.

Need 3 years worth of games first. Now it only has shitty e-sport games

On the flipside, this means emulators.

I will cum buckets with dolphin on the Switch.

I knew the Switch would be hacked pretty quick. They have the devkit leaked as well. Softmodders and hombrewers have had every opportunity and advantage with this console. Will probably still take ages to get piracy though since anti–piracy cucks are always dragging their feet refusing to release things.

It was far more than just "weeks" last time. Try months if not years.

So would I, if it even runs.

Also I'm kinda hoping the virtual console has online when it comes out for not just NES and SNES games.

Didn't that cunt get arrested for taking a picture of his hacked 3DS in Japan?

Runs on the same architecture as the GC and Wii, I think. Gamecube emulation is possible on Wii U through Nintendon't.

Oh no, no piracy.
There's going to be piracy a week after exploits come out because some BR faggot doesn't feel like paying for shit
Honestly I enjoy the effort to not enable piracy just so interesting homebrew can be made, but if the 3DS is any example, everyone is a faggot

This is good news. Fuck giving money to Nintenjew.

I'll believe it when I see it.

It runs somewhat adequately on the Nvidia Shield TV at 1080p, and that's only a development version running on shitty as fuck android.
There's more promise on the Switch using it's API thanks to the leaked SDK.

No, it's using an entirely different architecture. An Nvidia Tegra X1 SoC which is why I used the Nvidia Shield as reference.

You either think what they do is worth your attention or not faggot, you can't have it both ways.

How are you going to pirate on a Switch without buying it?

oh, this was also meant for

What is there to make aside from piracy tools, FTP, Doom, and emulators? Shame we missed out on all the Asteroids and Pac-Man clones we could have gotten for 3DS.

There's always one of you fucking fags. You said the same shit all the time whenever a new exploit for 3DS was announced.

I don't know nigger, I'm not a developer, I want more games, not the same games companies put out anyway.

If you're gonna make your own game why not make it for PC?

PSP was hacked day 1. Firmware 1.0 had fucking no protection.

RIP the switch.

Realistically, how many people are going to put out software that uses the Joycon on PC?
Do you know how many games on PC make use of the Wii Remotes despite usable drivers and input libraries existed for them since like January 2007?
The answer excluding hacks to get them to work with Vive and Occulus Touch games is 3

He could buy it pre-owned to not give money to them.

Except you won't. Piracy and being hacked didn't kill the 3DS or Wii.

Time for another thread of legitimate retards on this board hyping up something they don't understand and waiting for piracy and/or emulators within a week.

Oh, and all of the devs that were @'d in the original tweet, plus the guy that sent it, are huge moral fags and will only give a trickle of what they actually discuss to the public to limit piracy.
They ignored SciredM, despite him being one of the quicker hackers, because he doesn't care about piracy and lets out anything he finds.

Sony will go first. Nintendo just published the game with the highest preorder in however many years.

They've been dead ever since Sony stole all their third-party support in the mid-'90s, lad.

They won't die as long as there are still fags who will buy anything with Mario or Link in it.

Disgusting.

Do you regularily ejaculate all over your expensive electronics?

Truly, this is summer.

Probably means it's just a common key. Which, good for updates and demoes to decrypt, but offers nothing for real retail games. Cool stuff either way, but I don't think every single tweet should equate to an autistic redtext post.

Didn't a gameboy advance emulator release before the handheld even launched?

That was the DS I believe.

>>>/trap/
>>>/nintendo/

No, he said that as he was giving it out to all the other devs.
It's probably a hash for a certain file; one of the other devs on that list was posting hashes a few days ago.

Hopefully the paid online is able to get bypassed by hackers.

That's even less likely than the partial SDK making an emulator within 10 minutes that people were expecting.

Though I would laugh my arse off if Nintendo just had a config file that needs to be swapped from 0 to 1, it won't happen.

I fucking hate vague "what could it mean???" posts. I also fucking hate that most of these peoples' followers eat up shit like that and start screaming "HYPE" even if it turns out it's nothing of any value.

Yes.

No, actually, he just went completely off the radar without explaining anything and pretended it was normal to do so. Probably he was detained for a short while for being a dumbass

Why would you be arrested for that?

They are, even people close to them are admitting it
hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=50748&showpage=1

He didn't.

No he didn't

please kill yourself

I'm not sure what kind of key it is.
It might be something minor but Nintendo will be in a lot of trouble if it's a fucking private encryption key

This is far too early in the life of the console. Nintendo is actually going to care and do something about it.
If it had happened sometime in the middle of the lifespan or towards the end- - sure but not at the start you dummies.

It's fucking insane, because 3DS MUSIC DUMPS THEMSELVES DIDN'T HAPPEN UNTIL 3 1/2 YEARS IN.
THESE ARE FUCKING 4 /MONTHS/ IN FOR IT.
MONTHS, NOT YEARS. Before, I had doubt, but if you give it a few months, then we are definitely going to see something huge. Now I'll be looking forward a used switch an a 200gb micro sd card when that happens

4. FUCKING. MONTHS.
I hope the Switch is the new PSP.

I dont mind emulation, bfine by me but if you assholes start hacking in fucking kids games like Splatoon 2 you can go to hell, hackers ruined Splat 1 online

WEW

I love it when splatoon fags get salty, Its the most delicious feeling. I remember Mario Kart Wii as well.
Oh my god yes, it was delicious, so deliciously delicious, those tears could fill a god damn ocean then you can fucking swim in it.

Though, with Nintendo's paid servers next year, that would be a lot harder to do. We'll see!~

I fucking love Nintendo. Great news.

I'm going to go out and buy a Switch as soon as possible just to have it on low firmware when piracy does happen. I don't expect Switch to be emulated very well until some time after it's lifetime is done and there's bound to be a few games I want on it, it's a Nintendo handheld after all.

why are people ignoring this

KERNEL ACCESS NOW
twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899

wait what, already?

do you have a single fact to back that up

It's the same guy as the OP, he also worked in the 3DS hacking scene so he's a reliable source.

Who gives a shit? There's not a single good Nintendo Switch game out yet.

Hasn't even been 6 months, and the sons of bitches already did it. Holy shit, holy fucking shit.

4 months after launch

That's why, It hasn't even been 6 months, they did it in less than that. I mean, they haven't released anything but the fact that they would get this far, this FAST astounds me.
Can't wait to pirate everything fam

Considering it's taking mere hours to crack Denuvo lately I'm not terribly surprised.

Yeah, but this is a whole different team working on an entirely different set of security.
Either ways, I'm excited.

It's nVidia. What did you expect?

This, If I'm being honest.

Man, these companies sure love losing money

Now here's the real question.
Is there anything on the switch even worth playing ???

nigger can you read?
he said, "hasn't", which means "has not".

Therefore, what he said was "It has not even been 6 months yet".

Now, if you look at the switch, which has been out for 4 months, You'll find that it has been out less than 6 months. This is because 4 < 6.

You're retarded.

Fuck off.

They are probably ironically afraid of losing money to pirates on mobile, even though their own shit isn't protected any better.

Splatoon multiplayer is garbage.

splatoon is for little kids, u fuckin man baby

It suggests Nintenjew made the Switch too similar to the 3DS and the Wii U tbh. This is what happens when you re-use things too much.

ok

The fact that this happened so soon is going to have Nintendo retaliating pretty badly, this will be a lose-lose for everyone. That being said, dumping games will be an issue for a while due to them being cartridge-based.

I play Splatoon regularly and haven't run into a hacker in weeks (ignoring the gear hacking because sub abilities mean much less than people think and it's technically achievable legitimately)
What ruined Splatoon 1 online is the cancerous quick respawn+stealth jump zombie meta, which doesn't require hacking

isn't that solved by digital distribution though?

Not sure, but I do not much care, all I fear is what this will mean in t he long-term for Switch support and game releases.

Nope.

When was the last time Nintendo put out anything worth playing?

I got Dragon's Dogma and am wondering if there are essential mods to use. sage for off topic.

Why don't these guys try other consoles as well, at least those have games.

Such as…?

Feels good.

They don't have the passion, nor the autism for other consoles. It would like asking people who specialize in ubuntu, to move onto windows.

You never know, lots of Japanese Unreal Engine 4 games are getting a switch release.

btw, this is a kernel dump. its not actually kernel level access which is used for piracy. hell, we don't even have userland level access, so actually being able to hack the kernel is way off.
like the 3DS, you're gonna have to wait a little while longer (maybe 2 years?)

Are you some kind of weeb?

Except buying a Switch would be great now because you can get free games. It would pay for itself in the returns you get from not having to buy each game.

aren't you?

>>>/somethingawful/

uh huh sure

Oh so the average person isnt going to get jack shit for ages.
I love how the hacking scene is such a circlejerk

Nah, they're gonna probably do it in either late 2017 or 2018 since by then it'll be a system worth owning.

Not everyone worships soy faces.

NINTENDO ARE YOU EVEN TRYING, SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDONT

Updated with archive.

That kernel switch picture is so satisfying to look at

Thanks. Initially, I questioned adding it since the joke was a little corny.

nigga what

saturn modchips have been around since the 90s

the copy protection wasn't cracked until very recently. mod chips just circumvented it. sort of like how CPY never cracked denuvo, they just circumvent it. If you use their "cracks" its still installed on your machine.

what's the difference?

see the second half of the post, you crack something by understanding how it works, not by knowing it does something and preventing it from doing that thing.

i have a saturn. it has a chip. i can burn discs and play them in my saturn.

how is this not "cracked"?

because it wasn't cracked until 2016, not 1998 when your chip is from

but I've been playing copied games on my saturn for way longer than 2016

you're not making sense here

you don't know definitions, your own problem

How about you just explain it instead of being a retard?

You two should fuck, hard.

dont call people who clearly know more than you a retard, it just makes you look dumb

Yes, its a fucking no game

would you fuck a switch dog?

oh great, so now one can play shity homebrews and a port of doom on a piece of shit console no one owns
And someday we'll even be able to pirate switch games. Which can already be pirated for WiiU / CEmu anyway

I\m thrilled…

modding something is technically a 'hack.' as is pointing out, once you understand it, it's cracked. Like cracking a safe, you understand the code. I hacked my mouse today, for example. It didn't require me understanding anything - I just removed a button.

McGyver?

Modding is not so much "Cracked" as it is a bypass, you are bypassing hardware checks by installing a chip that translates certain fail commands (Such as DRM) into pass commands

From there you can if the system allows hack the software that runs it by reprogramming ROMS to execute copied games etc

"Cracking" is getting into the hardware/software, "Hacking" is modifying the software that runs to do what you want

Take the 3DS, when you run an exploit you are not cracking it, you are hacking it, but somebody had to figure out how to get into that software in the first place, they were the people who cracked it

So when is someone gonna port over the moonman mod to switch?

Getting cracked this early is probably going to really mess up the attachment rate. They'll sell more consoles, but less games.

you don't need to modify any ROMs for a saturn modchip

you just install the chip and the system is cracked wide open

non-Mc

Are they any good?

because your ancient cobweb-ridden modchip doesn't enable you to copy ISOs onto a ramcart and play the games off of that, you still have to fumble about with decaying plastic wafers like the rest of the neandertals.

Let's not discard that entirely, they're the people who have a DRM-free online store on the 3DS afterall.

3DS console and software sales only increased.
Lots of people seem to think that homebrew/hacking/cfw/etc kills a console, but it really doesn't. The vast majority don't want to modify their hardware/software for stupid ethical reasons, and will just continue to go about it normally.

I can't think of any console that was killed by homebrew. Hell, the PSP was hacked day 1 launch and that sold very well with good software purchase rates.

Woah man, Nintendo actually does check for a file to see if you own a game.
It's not their fault that it's the same file for everyone and is incredibly easy to copy to another SD card.

Super Metroid on SNES.

even that is a VAST understatement, back then my parents took me to several stores trying to find a fucking unit and ALL were sold out, we even saw a guy checking out the last one.

The Nvidia Shield can run Dolphin decently, and for all intents and purposes, the Switch is a Shield.

So, how many years til a barely working emulator which requires a top of the line pc to run?

Nothing like that happened before so who knows?
Good working emulator that will run perfectly on a midrange pc however? Maybe a year or two.

You know what my top priority reason would be to crack the switch?
Not the free games or homebrew function but seeing how the cucks pay for nintendos shitty online servers while i play for free on them.

Like all the banned 3DS users can Swapdoodle to their mates? You're in la-la-land they aren't that incompetent.

Weren't legit users banned though?

From the recent banwave? I don't know. The S&M one was from people playing the game before its release date (RED FLAG). Anyway that's irrelevant. The point is that they have the ability to tell individual 3DSes apart for online services, that's why the "unbanning" process for 3DS needs a sacrificial 3DS.

r-r-right?

I think it slightly outedges the Shield.

5, exactly. Ask again then.

?

They banned legit users that had early copies of the game from retailers who broke street date. They didn't target hackers, they targeted players that played online early.
They did, however, use the in-game Game Sync account to send them your inventory and give Pokemon Server bans to people with unobtainable items or 999 of everything.

In other words, obvious forms of abuse was detected. Nintendo can not detect people playing pirated copies of Pokemon who only hack to create stuff you could legitimately obtain.

They can't detect you if you don't act like a retard and turn on sending them system data, no.