GameBoy Advance Clones Fun Thread

Is the REVO K101 Plus a good choice? Because for what I hear it's basically a regular GBA but can do a lot of things the original GBA cound't do, and the screen is not shit.
Plus you can connect them with a regular old-school set of GBA cables, which is why I'm interested. Because if this thing works with the Game Cube, I'll be able to play some games I always wanted to play years ago but cound't because back then I didn't have no money.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/hardware_review_exeq_gamebox_game_boy_advance_sp_clone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I might drop shekels on the Moto Z play's Controller mod.

1 - get a bluetooth gamepad for your smartphone
2 - have fun

You can't plug that into the GameCube, you silly.

Gameboy + Flashcard
Clones will almost always disappoint one way or another, especially if you're a purist.

So what is so great about being able to connect it to the gamecube? Pokemon?

No, I'm straight.

Sound isn't 100% accurate, but is good, not sure if the plus has something better than the first model though.

Why don't you just buy Namco Museum for Nintendo Switch? It has Pac-Man Vs. among other great Namco classics for just $29.99!
:^)

A purist wouldn't be using a flashcart to begin with, so whatever.

Fire emblem path of radiance, Zelda Four Swords and Metroid Prime for one.

FF Crystal Chronicles multiplayer

is there actually a namco museum for the switch?

Nigger everything since PS1 has Namco Museum because it's easy money. The DS one also had Pac-Man Vs. and uses download play like the Switch one will.

Fucking Kikendo

There are already tons of gamepads for smartphones.

I never got the appeal of hardware clones. they lack the novelty of owning the original hardware AND you're still wasting money when you could just grab a 3DS or a PSP to emulate them on. I always figured these were sold to third world countries so poverty stricken kids could play Pokemon bootlegs on

I have this one
It's breddy gud

Very cute

You get it from massdrop too?

But the original had two screens which is what the whole game is centered around, how else were they going to do it?

That's not true at all, the point of a flashcart is to be able to play whatever you want on the original console, including fan translated titles and romhacks. There is a difference between a purist and a collector whore that is willing to pay $100+ for a beat up game cart with a price jacked up by hipsters that saw the game on a GDQ marathon.

While running, the flashcart is a 100% cycle-accurate emulation of the original cart. There's nothing wrong there, even for a purist.

If you're a collector, then you'd have a major problem. There's the difference.

Thats cute and i want it, where at?

Sooooo cute! ❤❤❤❤

I got one too, currently using it to play emulators on the wii. Fucking fantastic.

Does anyone have experience with telescopic controllers like these? I have a Moga Pro Hero but I miss the old feel of my PSP. Will probably make a thread later asking if this one dies. Really want user experience. I just want to find a great D Pad and buttons on one of them out there.

And all of them are utterly shit.

Tumblr is that way >>>/suicide/

I'd buy 5 Game Cubes with 5 Gameboy Playera plugged to 5 TV sets for some serious overkill Pacman parties.
…If I had 5 friends…

I actually got a phone stand for an 8bitdo SNES controller and it works pretty great with my Nexus 6P. I just needed to buy a case so the clip did not hot my volume buttons since Google/Huawei cannot design a phone casing apparently.

No mine is a clip one.
I don't like the design of those in the pic for a couple reasons, like the position you have to held them and your hands being on the same level as the screen, at left one of these has grips, the second looks uncomfortable to hold for more than 15 minutes.

PSP 3000 with CFW ftw.

I own multiple devices, phones, clips and gamepads, and the best alternative right now, in my opinion, is to get a GPD XD. It's cheap ($130 - 150), runs android so you can emulate anything up to Dreamcast very well (including Sega Saturn games, which are running perfectly or close to it with OC), has good controls (gamepad could be slightly bigger, but it's fine and responsive), the battery is fucking amazing (best one in a portable I have ever seen), sound is great, has HDMI out and accepts SD cards.

If you really don't feel like carrying this around with your phone, though, your best bet would be either an Xperia Play, but only if you don't care about anything beyond gaming on your phone, or you could get something like a Moga so it doubles as a battery pack. The last alternative is to check if the Moto Z gamepad attachment will be any good. Depending on this last one, I might get a Moto for it.

amazon

Top cuck

Step it up, single-analog-chan

can vita play all the psp and psx games?

Mein Negger
Still waiting for Henkaku Enso, dear user.

Pretty much.

No can plug into the Game Cube, though.
And I don't have a Switch, so I can't paty with my Pac-Man dudes.

GBA: best handheld of any generation.
If there's a good clone out there with a good screen, I wanna know.

Here's your controller bro

Explain how the original is supposed to work without two switches?

Someone was having a giraffe when they planned that. Can't believe that fucker is real.

The EXEQ GameBox could be one you might be interested in.

I'll see what Google says 'bout it.

Literally every piece of information about this EXEQ GameBox device you speak of is in Russian.
Why? What sort of commie supremacist plan this be?

… Did I take a wrong turn and wind up crossing into the Berenstain universe or some shit?

What's wrong with people thinking cute things are nice?

It works on the Wii? How about the input lag? The only thing that fucks the Wii as the perfect emulation machine for a CRT is the lack of decent wired controller options for emulators. The Classic Controller Pro is fucking great, but being unable to hook it up directly to the console is retarded as fuck, pic kinda related

You should've said kawaii, you fucking nerd.

It works fucking fantastic, just completed SMB3 with it.

Try harder,
nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/hardware_review_exeq_gamebox_game_boy_advance_sp_clone

Well, thanks. Gotta admit this looks like a sweet-ass little clone.

This or PSP.

It is a decent imitation, it is a shame that it suffers from some problems I had with the SP (L and R buttons becoming unresponsive easily) and that it can't play GBC or GB games.

I wonder who could be behind this city planning?