4 AM

Losing control?

Whats your favorite video game on a handheld?

Other urls found in this thread:

cytu.be/r/Ultimate_4AM_2_Turbo_Edition
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Zelda oracle of seasons

Double shift 2 of 5 tonight. It's unbearably hot where I live. Whenever I'm not doing something at work, I'm fucking pounding water constantly.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.

cytu.be/r/Ultimate_4AM_2_Turbo_Edition

P3P

Morning everyone, Ritsu here

Almost have my entire nippon trip planned out now. Have a couple more days to fill and need to flesh out a couple more but its getting closer and closer.

Boss told me to come into work 2 hours late today. So pretty stoked about that even though I'll have to stay late.

So what are you gonna do for a bit?

That's actually a toughie for me to think about. I can't really peg down any particular favorite, but I like Super Mario Land, the entire Wario Land series, a shit-ton of stuff on the DS (primarily Final Fantasy 4 and Mega Man ZX), and Kid Icarus Uprising. Final Fantasy Dissidia is also superb on the PSP, and 012 I'm not fond of a couple of its changes (as well as trying to make Lightning the de-facto protagonist of the 012 scenario) but all the additional content more than makes up for it.

OoS was alright. Had some fun playing through it.
Hows your day going user?

Theres nothing better than that feeling of slamming back some water after you have been working all day in the sun though.
How goes user?

Same thing as always but I'll get 2 more hours of sleep before work after the thread.

Morning
Gonna have to go job hunting soon. Upper management has introduced a bunch of bullshit draconian rules I have no intention of following.

Super Robot Wars
Persona is a close second

Have my science test today. I think im gonna do ok on it. It shouldnt be too hard judging by the practice questions. Im gonna schedule the next couple way closer than 2 weeks ahead like this one.

Mechas are great.

Isn't that cheating really?
What'd you do today user?

Thats me most days. Don't follow any of the dumb rules my boss says. Know I'm leaving soon anyway.
What kinda rules?

Good luck!
Don't fall for the science jew though

I could spend an eternity on this.

They remade it for DS so not really.

I don't know what I'm watching but I hope it keeps broadcasting for a while.

dat chao fightan on dem dam vmus monica

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet how hot we talkin fam

naw monica

ain't dem dem platformers?

Think I asked before but is that a remake of the original? A rerelease? Or just a new one?
How goes user

Depends on how remade. New graphics only? New combat? What?

Of course not. You should know me enough by now to realise i cant be brainwashed anymore. The social studies test is gonna be even fucking worse. Luckily they actually reduced the minimum score for passing by 5 points before my last one so its gonna be even easier. Hopefully my background in doing well on science tests helps me here.

New Graphics. Voice Acting, all that presenting shit.

LEGOAnon here. Got some big news.

Remember how my hands were all fucked up because of my job

Well I quit, and now I'm getting $200 a week in unemployment

So I can finally do absolutely fuck all for a while and let my hands heal.

It's great. I spent the last 3 days sleeping, and now I have the ability to focus and finish this thing.

Also favorite handheld game atm is Gundam Breaker 2 on the Vita

Fine I guess. Got a 10 dollar Amazon gift card for bullshitting my way through a focus group. Used it to take some money off my Splatoon 2 preorder.

Is ff3 the one with the jobs system, or is that 4? 2 is the only good FF

It so is!

If you fail these then what happens?

But the gameplay and story is the same?

Wait you can do that?

Natt did your hands get fucked up at the lego factory?

3 is the first one with the job system (as is DQ3, oddly enough).

I think? I know for sure about the story not sure about the gameplay.

Yeah if you have to leave for a legit medical reason i.e. my hands being all fucked up

No I was a pizza guy who made pizzas. I also live in Texas so every other order is fucking covered in Jalapenos, so eventually it melted the skin off my hands.

I have to retake it. Nothing major. If most people can get a highschool diploma, i think im more than qualified.

I dont remember the 3 remake having VA.

3 is the one with the job system, but 5 is the one that got it down to a science. Technically that'd be X-2 but X-2 is Hatsune Miku idolshit and an unnecessary sequel. I'm platinum mad such a fantastic battle system was wasted on idolshit.

Ohhh.

Jesus thats gross. How fucked are they?

Ohhhh then you are fine no matter what then.
Play anything fun lately?

I played some more system shock 2 to see the gamepig games. In the first 2 floors you get a minesweeper game, a racing type game thata more avoiding than racing, and that ultima like game. Still cant find too good of a safe space to play it.

I have played the original many times. I just haven't played the remake. All I know is it has upgraded presentation.

I get written up if I have a smoke before all my nightly cleaning is done
I get written up if I change radio stations
I get written up if I have a cellphone at work
I get written up if I don't make nightly calls to the other stores but since they forget to leave the cordless phone out to make these calls half the time I need to use my cell for this

Good shit. I've only played 3 though.

X-2 dindu nuffin.
Was fun and a nice change of pace from the same boring edgy shit FF had been since 7.

You try those locations you mentioned?

But you listed it as one of your favorite handhelds. You lying to me?

Not very fucked anymore since I've been out of the job and liberally applying the steroid gel

but at one point they were splitting the fuck open on their own and forming a hard carapace-like layer.

Made em swell up get all sticky and shiny.

Glad I'm finally out of that shit.

The 3 remake doesnt have VA, and the job system works by leveling up the jobs through battles. I liked it but not enough to see it through.

Right now im trying to get to the richenbacher because i know of a really good hiding spot there i wanna try. But its at the end of the game.

Hard to choose. Going to go with Ghost Trick for now though.

Final Fantasy IV saw a low poly 3D remake on the DS, complete with various gameplay tweaks and boss strategy changes, as well as (according to Mato) the most accurate English FFIV script. I'd say it counts well enough, given it's not a port.

No, I fucking didn't.

Wew gay. You work in a gas station right? Thats some bullshit, especially the phone one. I can get them saying not to use it but not to have it period? Fucking stupid.

BLEH
Did you not wear gloves?

Ahhhh ganbatte

I'll allow it.
How goes user?

MOOOOOOODS

its weird to be on a 4am thread not drunk

Morning. Been playing a lot of Action Henk fuck you ritsu I'm not explaining it to you just watch the embedded video if you really need to know and my hands are cramped up like crazy from it. It's not hard to beat the levels but it's hard to get a gold on every one of them. But sometimes a man's just GOTTA GO FAST

I can get through the game in 10 hours easy. Its gonna be a breeze. I memorised that game inside and out. i know almost every enemy and item placement help

Wasn't allowed to because the ones we had weren't "Food Safe" so I had to go like 6 months without them which is what made them so fucked up.

On an unrelated note my mom got a tattoo at 50 to match one my younger sister got (She lives up in New York while my mom lives in Texas.)

I'm pretty sure being mentally retarded is a requirement for being a grocery store cake decorator.

I replayed X and X-2 on the vita over the spring, X-2's combat is fast and mid battle class switching is pretty neat, but other than that the mechanics were much shallower than X's. They still shouldn't have abandoned it, it was better than any battle system the company has made since (except maybe VP2 and BD).

You quitting user?

I was going to ask too.
Don't fuck up your hands too bad. My wrists got all fucky last year and I had to wear a brace because of too much gamin

I don't ruin my favorite games like that. I wait a few years before playing again so theres lots of tiny details I forget.

Why?

SS2 is also a short game too. And you run around the same areas alot too so you tend to just remember where everything is.

Disgusting.

And thats bullshit. Should sue.

I haven't played X in years so no clue there. Can't remember it being all that complex though.

Degenerate

Yeah. It's frustrating because rules as written, I'm going to get fired for managerial incompetence pretty soon anyways. May as well cut the bullshit now so I can tell my next employer I quit rather than got fired

Never played it honestly.

Been watching Gun X Sword with a friend this week, so I haven't been around much. Pretty damn enjoyable show.

I'm not worried about it, it's just a bit painful since I'm spending probably 30 minutes or more on each of these levels. Just getting the gold medal on some of these puts me in the top 10% of players according to the leaderboard.

Smart! Though if they are going to fire you they won't be a good reference anyway so

Erm are you usually drunk? I always stay up with pure willpower/water.

Not my kinda thing

Its cumulative! All the old fogies I know in 4am got carpool tunnel. Watch out!

Square merely published Valkyrie Profile 2, since they'd merged with Enix at that point and I assume acquired the rights to IPs Enix had handled earlier. VP2 was developed by Tri-Ace, just like the first one.

nah, i'm just awake cuz i gotta leave early today at 530ish so i slept in after work today

see above

usaully if i visit 4am i've had a few drinks

Its a cyberpunk horror fps rpg game thing. Its more shooter than rpg tbh. My only gripe with the series is that the new SS1 remake is going full horror instead of it being a cyperpunk shooter with horror elements. I mean for fucks sake, there are fucking cyber ninjas in SS1.

Nah I'm just gonna enjoy being a NEET and earning $200 a week for a little bit.

It's just the word "Always" because my mother and I have a special song that signifies our love for each other as mother and son, the "You'll be in my heart" from Tarzan.

So she and my sister just fucking got "Always" printed on their shoulders. Didn't even get the fucking main line of the song.

And they're like "Oh you can get "You'll be in my heart" and oh good so I have to get more tattoo than the both of you just so your little theme works

ripperoni

Also favorite video game on handheld would have to be the original mario & luigi super star sage. That game was broken but very fun.

I want whichever tunnel kills me fastest

Tattoos are the sign of a tainted woman. If my daughter got a tattoo or any piercings she would be disowned so fast.

Why you gotta leave so early?

Can't have a fun silly game nowadays.

I'd kill for unemployment. 200$ a week for a NEET like me would be insane. I spend 60$ a week and more than half of that is gas to get to work.

Gun barrel counts as a type of tunnel

How goes user

user be aware if your in north america it will be next to impossible to get a new job. Let alone something paying more than 15$ an hour. Or atleast that is my experience. NEET till shtf or bust.

Of course not, it's got a balanced cast. Favorite characters thus far are Van, Wendy, and Joshua. Van manages to be very selfish, has no manners, and is a right cunt starting out, but the show makes it clear why he acts that way, and seeing him slowly start to care about something other than himself (whom he really doesn't even care about that much either), is rather heartwarming. Joshua is a lovable dork of kid, constantly interested in technology and I think he might be a bit autistic. And Wendy is just precious.

Music in the show kicks ass too.

Meh I got a job easy and got multiple calls for other ones. Depends are where you are in the country. Plus Trump is going to maga anyway. Hes fiiiiiine

Sounds pretty cliche tbh

Seriously, the system shock remake demo had everything so fucking dark, and the enemies were way too much on the horror side. I dont think the demo even had the dart gun. The game has a dart gun for fucks sake. And in the og the game was completely bright, at all times too. In the new SS1 remake the game is super fucking dark. I hate it.

Well my mom's already shat out two failures of children and hit 50 so I don't think being "tainted" should be of any concern.

It was a lot easier to get than I thought it would be. I had documentation and doctor's notes and photos and shit all ready
I call em the next day they're like yeah ok you get $200 a week.

Do you count yourself as a failure? Atleast you arent a leftist

nah it'll be an easy day

help my old man drop his truck off at an out of town shop, rest of the day will be taking it easy at home

I'm not allowed guns, I tried to kill myself a few years ago when things were pretty bad.

I don't need to worry about references. I'm on great terms with the district manager so I can get one from her.
I should just claim depression from my doctor and claim neetbux for a few weeks

Meh I just need to move then. Need to decide where too. Or I could just keep researching random stuff. Learned how charcoal and a coal power plant is made. Interesting stuff.

I hope none of my favorite games ever get a remake so I don't have to deal with this shit.

Maybe I'll look into that then.
Thanks user

Ohhh yeah had to do that a ton of times. My dad used to work out of state so I had to drop him off at an airport an hour away tons of times.

How'd that go?

Why can't you talk to her about this stupid stuff going on?

Bro I'm technically living on Neetbux right now I'm not exactly succeeding.

It's the execution that's been making it good. The pacing seems perfect, and despite episodes being a standard twenty-two or so minutes, they manage to accomplish a lot with the time given, to the point each feels a lot longer than it actually is.

They even managed to make something really neat of the typical gratuitous fanservice episode, accomplishing actual plot related goals and being quite humorous, but avoiding some of the usual trapping of such an episode, all while still giving the girls their time (even one of the villains, who by all rights shouldn't be conveniently present, is there to pick up something she ordered and had to abide by the same "everyone has to wear swimwear here" rules that everyone else does).

Pokemon HGSS I guess. I had quite a few fond memories with that game.

Being a fan of older games, seeing them be zombified is horrifying.

You're not a commie. Thats somthing.

The bullshit is coming from corporate, aka higher in the chain than her.
Basically some time ago, Macs bought the Esso brand and upper management has been pieces of shit ever since

Roommate who was supposed to be at work found me and wasn't happy

HGSS is so comf. Basically the only poke game I'll play. With a randomizer usually.
Hows your day been user?

Luckily most of mine are probably safe.

I've tried to get NEETbux before, and for actual health related issues, and I've only ever been refused. What are you getting yours for?

I really liked HGSS myself, but after playing through it, it really begs the question to me of how I managed to dump so many hours into Crystal back in the day. And in retrospect I found myself really not being fond of the level pacing, especially if you want to level up a new member of your team prior to beating the Elite Four.

wut gaem

Mine arent. Well, turok 1 and 2 turned out really good. dmc got dragged through the mud though i like spanish donte

Megaman legends will never be remade because crapcom hates him now for whatever reason.
And kings field became demons souls which is also in my top 5 now so that sorta worked out I guess.

Kimura Takahiro (Code Geass, Dirty Pair, Viper) official end-of-episode art delivery, just for you.

That's one of the Umihara Kawase games, not certain which one exactly.

Demons souls is my 2nd favorite souls game. Bloodborne is just a bit better. Dark souls and its sequels are awful though. Never go mutliplat.

Everyday my grasp of reality slips a little also

And I'd swear I'd had that image attached already before I'd posted.

ty monica

WHERE

I tried to play DaS1 and just stopped near the end bored. Played all of DeS and had a blast. Tried DaS2 and quit 30 mins in.

How olds the one on the left?

Hows your day been user?

I've always wondered why hgss was so popular as they never bothered to fix the issues of second gen, such as the fucked up scaling after the 6th gen and questionable at best Pokemon distribution.
But who cares about that Pokemon follow you 11/10 literally perfect

I couldnt stand the open nature of DaS at all. Those games are best with linear style levels. ans DaS has fucking horrid level design too

just meh tbh

Because nostalgiafags

Yeah its just annoying. In DeS I wanted the moonlight sword because muh kings field and got it after just a couple hours because I was allowed to just pick the level I wanted to play. Now thats truly open.

Whys that?

Going to bed. Need sleep for the test. Night.

Good luck! Cya user

My parents went somewhere and gave my sister and I a hundred bucks for two days. There's a minimart down the street with amazing burgers, so I went to get myself a burger and my sister a sub and mozzarella sticks. I also bought some carbonated jew like the fatass I am, so now I'm going to have a degenerate sleep schedule for a while. I just realized that I didn't really do much in terms of video games today though, which sucks.

The level curve in the Johto games has never been a problem for me. I don't really have an explanation, but I've never played the games and thought to myself that the level scaling is off. I guess Red sticks out to me, but that's kind of the point, isn't it?

mine is a NEET life, nothing ever happens and I have no dreams or ambitions.

Lucky! My parents left for the weekend and it was nice. They didn't leave food though which sucked.

I never understand why NEETs think thats a bad thing.
Its comfy in my opinion. After 8 years a NEET I just learned to sit back and enjoy that part of it.

Also feel like adding that even the events of that fucking episode had continuity with the next.

I don't think they exactly state anyone's age in show, but given Wendy's height compared to other characters, I'd wager about fourteen (similar age as Joshua, both of whom get along quite well). Van isn't especially amused when she tries to offer herself as his bride if he helps protect her hometown in the first episode. She keeps that mentality up for a few episodes before ultimately dropping it after learning what he's been through, and why loving anyone's pretty much impossible for him. They still stick together though after the town doesn't need protecting anymore, as they have the same goal to pursue.

Probably because if they did tweak the level pacing it would likely null the ability for the game to be somewhat nonlinear after Ecruteak. And while the VS Seeker would be MUCH better in my opinion, adding it would steal the shine from the Pokenav phone rematch system.

Honestly, a remake can be expected to change some things (especially in terms of graphical and audio quality, if not mechanical as well) but if you change too much, fans will crucify you.

iz ok bb

It's not so much about Red (though he IS tougher in HGSS than before), and normal fighting of every trainer you see can have you at par by the time you reach the Elite Four. It's the wild Pokemon levels, and fact that rematches are only with certain trainers (some of whom aren't really worth it from an EXP perspective) that hampers the game, in terms of leveling up new mons. It's telling that the Elite Four went from being 50-60 range in the Kanto games, to 40-50 range in Johto, to the point Lance is even more of a cheating prick with three underleveled Dragonites.

I think that's enough of that game for the night.

That sounds amazing, stop being a whiny bitch.

Oh, that. Well, I'm sure rom hacks fix it, so it's not that big a deal.

So when is all of 4am going to get together again and commit mass suicide?

Ritsu needs to eat shit and die