Wurm RE:BORN FREE for ALL

Wurm Unlimited Holla Forums Server: The Grave Realm
IP:107.191.45.240
Port:3724
Version 1.4.0.1
PIRATES READ THE INCLUDED READ ME
Client download: drive.google.com/open?id=0BwRt8LsvPfeCNTFWVks3RUhYTUU

WELCOME HOME Holla Forums.

The Grave Realm is a private dedicated Wurm Server hosted (already pre-paid for 6 months) in the US (Dallas TX) for and by the population of Holla Forums and 4chan.
There are only 2 GMs 1 developer and 1 implementer.

*The only rules are don't deforest the planet, or grief peoples gardens. bottling is frowned upon and excessive abuses (I.G 3+ bots) is bannable.

Otherwise express yourselves as freely as you like.

The Server map was autistically hand crafted certain important resource nodes such as tar can only be found in places it would make sense to find them. I.E
Deserts, Tundras, and Swamps. This requires teamwork and merchants to reliably craft higher end boats.

==Stats:== Epic Server 2.5 XP gain 6.5X Action rate. PVP enabled.
==Server Mods:== Spell mod, Seasons mod, bag of holding, improved digging, crop mod, Bounties +several other fixes and tweaks.
==Recommended Client Mods:== forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/136575-released-improved-compass-no-winter-better-tooltips-custom-actions-max-toolbelt-time-lock-skill-gain-tracker-updated-june-2/

Ask any questions I'll be monitoring the thread.
I have no intentions of leaking the world map, its a mysterious realm for you to survive and explore.

Other urls found in this thread:

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page
mega.nz/#F!s4t3EIxR!qtu8B3MQM0TwpVigxsmItQ
stackoverflow.com/questions/6004070/execute-shell-commands-from-program-running-in-wine
github.com/ago1024/WurmClientModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.4
github.com/ago1024/LiveHudMap/releases/tag/v1.5
youtube.com/watch?v=CVrWynob13Y&list=PLz9VeMQzouzS0qqEAK5hoWjoZR-VeKq1B&index=2
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/153014-abandoned-bulk-options-mod/
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/138311-abandoned-rock-surface-terraforming-mod/#comment-1576565
discord.gg/nC9Nq8w
wurmunlimited.com/2017/07/04/version-1-4-0-1/
158.69.243.49/
imgur.com/a/teIus
imgur.com/a/alXVT
pastebin.com/XKrE1RBF
imgur.com/a/p9xXv
m.imgur.com/a/Unx7v
imgur.com/a/qJE6B
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thank you

TOO SOON. WAY TOO FUCKING SOON.

Believe me from the oldfags NOONE is as excited about wurm as I am, I would love to cook yummy nailmeals and much more disgusting pieces of art for everyone. However, everyone literally just used up their wurm-mojo. We absolutely HAVE to wait longer or else this WILL fail.

Don't play then, its launched waiting and ready to go with cracked clients updated with the latest july update.

I'll play when the other oldfags agree to play too, however the last attempt at reviving this community was less than 2 months ago I think so I am not getting my hopes up.

I'm asking around in the discord to see how everyone feels about returning already.

I experienced most of the hardships you all went through first hand! So I did my best to iron out this server its hosted in the US and I've tested most things.

To my pleasant surprise it looks like the lads are motivated.

We have about 4-5 people in the old discord talking about joining. I would say its now or later.

The current server is set-up for 6 months but I can always extend it. We need settlers though who can flesh out a spawn and decide what kingdom to be.

The official kingdom to pick is MR.

i never played this game before, im downloading it just to try.

do i need to configure something before connecting to this server?

nope just download read the read me included and connect

its not working, it doesn't seem like its going to be that simple.

the readme is pretty shitty, just 3 lines? it feels like you forgot to save the latest version of it in the download or something like that

lots of folks are connecting fine.

im in

yeah i already got in

nkdragunov?

well i gave it a try, don't think it will be the game for me.

good luck though, these private Holla Forums servers of niche games usually form the best small comfy communities, i don't enjoy it, but if you guys do, that's awesome.

server's not working anymore, wat do?

possibly messed up your client, redownload and connect again.

This.
As an old fag myself, there's no way I am going to sit through the grind of beefing up my masonry to make my own house any time soon.

I am surprised there's a new server up, I have free time as always and I love playing with you guys so I'll give this a try. I feel bad for the previous anons who ran our server for the past few months, it was a fun time and I thank you for having made that. For those of you who are still burned out, that's fine, I don't burn out as easily like on other games, because its with y'all. Who remembers all the little things together? The time we rang the bell when Trump won? We are bro's forever, I want to make a farm with you goyim in the real world if I had a chance, that's how much I cherish this experience. -Mauer Hoping the map is smaller so we can compete more often.

Not everyone's cup of tea, it would be wise to have tried joining a village and finding something to do that the folks need.

Is global working for kingdoms? Or I guess no one is joining the one i'm in. Ready to start a village, found an interesting corner point of a few terrains.

global is working everyone is on Mol Rehan

Joining MR
Wend

Damn. Well, should I be the loner or should I join the fold? I guess i'll just join you guys then, I'll leave this character here in JK for if anyone wants to do JK later.

Serb down?

Comfy, cooked some veggies and meat in a campfire and killed a horse. Still no idea how to find settlements or chat with people that log in.

Mol Rehan on character creation is the kingdom most people are on, you can talk to anyone in your kingdom with GL-(your kingdom) in chat.

I can't tell which people I'm reaching in kingdom chat since it doesn't have a player list like local chat. How can I change kingdoms with my existing character?

The server just went up when I started the thread. So if you're on John Kellogs or Horde of the Summoned you're probably alone.

I'm looking into updating the chat server to show people in GL-kingdom.

I don't know any way to change kingdoms without restarting sorry.

I'll play tomorrow. The only reason I haven't played this game so far is because it was paid.

What's the meditation rates?

Well shit looks like we're actualy doing this, jesus fucking christ, I did not expect people to be that excited. I'm hype, let's do this.

What's the player count looking like? I'll probably join back either way just to see if this can survive the summer.

Right now it's still either early morning or work time for most so it's just two of us online now, but it seems like there are at least 8 players so far, and it has been less than a day, most probably didn't even notice the habbeding.

Apparently someone was not informed of the official ban on BAD DECICIONS last night and thus decided we should start our village:

Just so you know lads, we can't stay there, this is pretty much the worst decicion that could have been made last night.

Lets stick with it then.

It's like you haven't even played the game at all
Your lack of tism is dissapointing

Positively sure there's none? I've sometimes found it a tile or few just off shore and it just takes a bit of terraforming.

Sand is easy since it takes just one lump of it from where ever there's sand. Clay tiles can be created with potions (they take apples IIRC so it depends on seasons, still not insurmountable).

Apparently I was misinformed. It's not even an island. It's a big ass cliff. With nothing on it. The base so far is a dorf fort only reachable by sea. Yeah, definetly terrible. Plus the people in discord decided against a dorf fort yesterday. If we stick with this it will definetly split us up into two factions and if we make this sort of bullshit drama happen again we might as well all go fuck ourselves again because this serb will just die like the last did if we split up again. It should be the one lesson learned from last attempt: No splitting up. Team effort this time.

From what kind of ass are you pulling this shit?
Initially there were only 2 players who wanted dorf fort, those who joined after may leave and build somewhere else if they feel dissatisfied, it's not the end of the world if there are few settlements.
Tho i agree a lot of settlements would be overkill.

P.S. Discord group can go fuck themselves for not using a FREE VOIP or FREE CHAT without registration.

Us splitting up was the reason the last serb failed. It is the one lesson we should learn from it. If you wanna stay in your mine go ahead.

The last serb failed cause there was no mission, no reconqista, no jihad, no holy war, no normans to fart on - we lacked purpose.

anyone get this to work on linux?

yes. The client works fine.

fuck ya downloading this now. is the linux native included or wine?

I was talking about the linux native client. idk about this one. I can upload the up to date steam copy of the linux client if you want though.

Can I be a Thief/Merchant that sells what he steals?

ya if you can that would definitely help. this is only the windows version. i don't think anyone has put out a cracked version for linux, i don't know what it would involve but a linux upload would help

the problem with this is the windows version doesn't work on linux with wine, aside from it being slow as shit if it did it doesn't

You can try, but it will be pretty much impossible to steal anything worthy, since players will carry that shit on them at all times.

Gonna be a little bit as I have to let steam update the game and then I have to upload it.

i'm trying to play games to see if I can get this going in wine again just for the hell of it, so far same deal, java crashes with some cryptic pixel error

At least I didn't die in my first 5 minutes. I made a spindle, how do I improve it? It says my log is in too bad shape.

Every object you see has a "QL" Quality level. You have to get a log that has a higher QL than the object in question.

WEW OP forgot to link the wiki
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

ya there's no way, and there's no reference to these errors i can find because nobody has bothered to try to get this running in wine, not when there's a native linux client.

the major problem even with the linux native client is the steam crack or however it works was written by some russian and it only works on windows.

Okay, thanks. I knew that from my previous experience but I forgot.

Seeing as someone else started another server I decided to shut down the last server. God speed new admin.

The linux version will be probably another 45 minutes. It also would need to be scrubbed of my steam info.

I did include the mods though so you wont need to download those.

sweet thanks

Yea that's unfortunate, I just wish we could have stayed on yours and had a smaller map. I don't see this going well either, I give it a month and a half before we stop playing this server altogether. We already have people not wanting to make a Mines of Broria because of its remoteness, but this can easily be fixed if we just had 5 people with me digging up, we could reach surface in two hours easily. Already at 150 height, surface is probably 1.5-2.5k. I'm going to stick to it for now.

wait what? how the fuck does that work?

DON'T dig up

Its done: mega.nz/#F!s4t3EIxR!qtu8B3MQM0TwpVigxsmItQ

Why not? I'm stuck in here anyway because someone decided to take the boat with them to the settlement on land.

You just dig up each tile, you gain 20ish height every tile forward. When you reach the surface height and its a rock tile ahead, it opens a hole to the surface.

if you dig up without planning we cant work around it anymore

no i mean how did you get there in the first place, you can spawn there on this server?

I need a solution to the problem and that's to link a path to both settlements. I'm just digging south from the far west end. You can still have a huge settlement to the west of it, or to the south of it, or even northwest.

We took a boat and made a mine on a cliffside, if that answers your question.

just downloaded it, what's the file format though? there's no extension and archive manager won't detect it, the file is just WurmLinux

nvm folder title /tar.gz is working

figures
"libsteam_api.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory>
"

I never played with the horde of titty monster and I hear its fun since you get mob armies on your ass all the time.
How many joined whorde?
Is the server full peeveepee so I wont be able to interact with the MR faggots if I settle nearby?

You don't want to sit in a cave making grindstones for a week+ real time? What're you, some kind of casual?

I installed steam, then i moved libsteam_api.so from the WurmLauncher directory to WurmLauncher/nativelibs, and it started, or started steam anyway, at that point it just shat out a bunch of error messages in the console
GameAction [AppID 366220, ActionID 1] : RunGame changed task to CheckForFreeLicense with ""

obviously don't have it licensed with steam, this is where the crack comes in

There is a good chance that the server is already fucked since the owner basically has no idea what he's doing and apparently you can loot high end gear and shit already…

To turn this server PvP viable he'd have to apparently delete all items and structures and whatnot according to an oldfag. I don't know anything about this admin mumbo jumbo myself.

Fen says since the default database came with the map, there are tons of endgame things and structures you can get to. (That's why there are guard towers we have seen in random spots and random weapons on the ground and items, including that one building under water near MR spawn) Also there are apparently ways to get to addy/glimmersteel veins too somehow. And there are supreme glimmer weps on the ground in certain locations, apparently. He suggests a server-wide item wipe and structure-deed wipe.

I'd like to see a different map. This is a piss poor design, just endless forests.

In before. Dev's really don't know about the history of our server troubles, that's okay though, we can help you guys fix these things.

we dont have crack, right?

Server admin here, I'm no master of the GM commands or what have you.
I don't know how to do a server wide item and deed wipe.
There shouldn't be any Addy or glimmer ore spawns because I didn't make it.
Everything else is just the standard epic stuff that gets tossed around.

If you don't fix this stuff it's probably GG already. Just sayin. The experienced oldlads are probably willing to help you though.

Btw we can't even make fucking deeds.

Looking into it now.

Appreciate your effort. Admining a wurm server is a thankless job.

Cleaning the zones and items should be easy just database cleaning. That might be why deeds are broken.

I just wanna play the game 2 on a nice server.

I have protected the altar from being pushed into the sea so hopefully it'll be alright.

Town Center is done :^)

There's no cancer? I'm downloading the game right fucking now.

There is cancer, namely the problems we have with the serb since the admin is new to this, but they can be fixed. We'll probably lose our items and buildings because of it but thats ok. We don't know what'll happen to caves though.

Yes, I'm witnessing it right now.

p-plz respond

SERVER WIDE ITEM AND ZONE WIPE INCOMING

Going to do my best to preserve what looks to be player created but no promises.

ETA 40 minutes

Good shit

Glad. Can you cut down on the damn forests though? They're fucking endless.

Dude, no, fuck that, that's our job.

Make sure we have the starter tools after the wipe

Nooooooo

BAH GAWD

You're going to be stuck with each other's farts in there for a bit longer.

SERVER IS BACK UP WITH ITEMS AND ZONES WIPED

I was able to preserve most of what was already made legitimately and cleaned up the other shit.

Enjoy your stay at the Grave Realm

ya there's no crack, i think WRC uses smart steam emu, which isn't open source as far as I know and isn't linux, maybe it can be used on linux though through wine, i'm looking into it

Our windows crack is just steam emu.

I'm going to look for a global server channel mod.

from what I understand, the way steam emu, or smart steam emu, w/e works, is that you run steam emu, and that in combination with a config file launches whatever steam game it's configured to launch.

if you can point steam emu at a specific wine command that launches wurm, you can tell wine to launch a linux executable in linux and not in wine

stackoverflow.com/questions/6004070/execute-shell-commands-from-program-running-in-wine

make an IRC channel

Why is it down again?

Hopefully just for this stuff, I'm going nowhere near discord to find out.

Its back up, we're creating an IRC channel for the server at the moment.

Items are really cleaned this time.

Nice.

going down one last time to nuke the item DB into oblivion.

server admins aren't in discord

HOLY HECK DB BULLY

does anyone have a copy of smart steam emu? or steam emu, the only link I can find is a corrupted file

The Server is backup

Nuking the DB will cause a ripple effect that will cause more problems than fix. Lemme know if I've missed something.

Last time I played 8/v/ server there was a madman making 1000 arrows
too funny

That was me and I was using all the hunting arrow heads that the last mayor of Broregon shat out. There was about 600 left and I had about 35 fleching.

nvm i've got it

what was that place we were at called? I think my characters name was wrath and I managed to make a small house

Crudeman's Rest.

That's nothing, I made 20k war arrow heads to get 70+ wep smithing in the last server!

We made it out of the Mines of Broria with the help of Slam. Thanks bud.

I almost got RevEMU to work with this on linux, but now it's bitching about an architecture mismatch lol, RevEMU lib is 32bit, wurm 64, this is some shit

THE SERVER NOW HAS AN OFFICIAL IRC SERVER

open your console in game (f1 default) type

irc

then

ircsay /join #8chWURM

Let it die.

Never.

Post commands that I would place in the autostart file.

irc
ircsay /join #8chWURM

THERE ARE NOW MERCHANTS

At 1053/559 and 1118/362

I'm trying to connect to the server from a different computer and I can't connect. It says "incorrect password", I edited the ali123, copied all my Wurm files I had onto a flash drive and are using them to play. The fuck do I do?

set a steamID

I still can't connect. Also if the steamID then I wont be able to play my existing characters on the server right?

if you didnt set the steamID first you fucked up

What steamID? If you mean the steamuserID in ali123 then it was already changed before I entered the server, and these are files I copied from a different computer of mine so they have the same settings and everything but it won't connect to the server regardless of if it's different or the same.

You gotta change the steamuserID in ali123.

The server might have multiboxing blocked automatically if its coming from the same IP address but a different local machine.

I don't even multibox and clearly changing the userID isn't working. I'm not even at the same place, I have a different IP and everything but it still isn't working. What the fuck is wrong with this pirated game.

;SteamUserID = 12345678
should be
SteamUserID = 12345678

How important is that semicolon?

I'm pretty sure the semicolon comments out the steamuserid, so it isn't read by the program while it's there

So this means that my characters are locked to the computer they were on?
Well I can just blame OP's readme file for not covering anything about this.

Oh and thanks for helping me diagnose the problem

To anyone memeing "let it die" etc here is a list of the pioneers more manly than you'll ever dream of being.

Please note that some of those are alts or mistake accounts and that the actual player size is smaller than that.

If you need a summon to the Mol Rehan settlement get in game and ask in GL-Mol Rehan

ESSENTIAL WURM MODS
github.com/ago1024/WurmClientModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.4
github.com/ago1024/LiveHudMap/releases/tag/v1.5

I'm trying one more to see if I get a less retarded affinity then I'll stop.

Hey goys, my livemap isn't working for some reason. I installed it and the other mods like toolbelt and compass work, but not livemap. Halp?

;^D

STOB IT MEME

from black light to there, all by myself for 30 minutes
proud tbh

What happens if you push it off the map?

In Broschwitz it crashed the server.

you can add another one.

KILL RAPE AND PLUNDER

Love to work on this but I have to make time here and Holla Forums/

Everyone is going to have a bad time now.

I remember why thy hate this, anons doing things together.

did you run patcher.bat?

The village is now settled if anyone needs a nice home to start at on Mol Rehan

meant for

Used an outdated version which didn't work. New one did.

By the way pic related, get ready for your major doing tons of fuckups. :^)

Any intention of making a road to the sea?

Yup, definetly, SOONâ„¢

Remember: No communism, only bromunism.

Local Holla Forumsillage: "I'm growing stronger!"

If you want to join NEW BROSMOUTH, message Awolf. We can now teleport people here since the deed is officially up - no more endless traveling until you're finally there.

Current priorities: We need to get dosh from the traders to pay the first upkeep. Also a storage building - so we can clean up the place.

Everything is still a bit messy but our pace is pretty damn good.

Can't sleep must build, and improve.

There were 400+ logs at town center. Atleast I moved it to the mines entrance. Took forever.

That's great, but now i'm stuck half the day being unable to grind my shit fam.

4cucks Holla Forums is now on board and joined in as horde of the summoned

Reddit will be joining as Jenn Kellon

Will leddit actually come?

Cuckchan was bad enough, now we have plebbit as well?

not on our faction.

is being totally fresh at the game a problem or can i come in?

not a problem at all wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

youtube.com/watch?v=CVrWynob13Y&list=PLz9VeMQzouzS0qqEAK5hoWjoZR-VeKq1B&index=2

might be helpful too.

COME ON DOWN

shit game

Holla Forums is on the move

At least it is cut up amongst kingdoms. Having normans really fuels some 'tism.

is that the cuck/v/?

those are the 4cuck boys

Oh wew

I hate this meme

Once you catch the basics it's fine. Ask for help whenever and use the Wurmpedia wiki.

Having 4chan and leddit onboard will be a breath of fresh air, to be honest.

Cuckchan mods deleted the thread

Topkek, someone make a new one later. Or better: Make one on /vg/.

Why?

you very well know the answer

People here call it cuckchan for a fucking reason

i'm going to see how this performs in a vmware virtual machine, i want to join the but i refuse to install winblows again

does anyone have a 32bit copy of this on linux, if it even exists? I almost got this to work with RevEMU on linux, but it failed because RevEMU is 32-bit, and wurm is 64. RevEMU is the only Steam Emu equivalent that I could find on linux

secounding

Cuckchan wouldn't be cuckchan without shit mods. It's like raisins in a bun, or pee in coke.

Another oldfag who loves Wurm and has been playing with Holla Forums since Brosmouth. It's really difficult to get back into the grind the second time after only a couple month of not playing especially when you're at a high level on other servers like how most people were on WRC.

t. Dragunov

We got a purpose now and we're already many people in New Brosmoth. Step it up, senpai!

Success! It works in VMWare!

Why not just poke out your eyes to begin with?

what kingdom are you phagz on? Mol Rehan?

Have you tried virtualbox? I think it has better 3D support, right?

VMWare is a lost cause the mouse just spins around and around in free look, there's settings to tweak it but not in player, those settings are only in the good goyim "workstation pro". virtualbox 3d performance is 1/3 of vmware, and vmware is already 1/3 of bare metal. pretty sure it doesn't even work in QEMU.

I'm gonna have to suck it up and dual boot with winblows if i want to play this.

i'm gonna try Virtualbox before i resort to dual-boot

I see, I must have just stuck with it because it was "free" and only used it for some oddball Win 95 stuff.

I logged in, walked around for ages, completely lost, and then I accidentally pressed the GUI button and couldn't put it back up again for shit.

Not shitting on the game but I had a bad first impression so I won't be playing. I wish good luck to the server though, and I hope you all have a great time there, it seems like a fun game if you get into it.

L O W E N E R G Y

I never use VMWare, doesn't respect muh freedoms etc, it has the best 3d accel performance i guess, though this single time I try it (right now for wurm) this is the result. I usually use QEMU, the cpu performance is pretty much identical to bare metal.

i will give you 1 LTC if you manage to make it work and share with me

it's not going to happen.
here's virtualbox

I'm sure QEMU+PCI Passthrough would work if you have an extra GPU, which I don't. I'm about to suck it up and dualboot botnet7

It's pretty harsh on first impressions, my first time I was nearly killed by a chicken.

I played on the old WRC server. I takes time before the addiction kicks in.

ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE IN MAKING MODS FOR THIS GAME?
We need updated these 2 mods
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/153014-abandoned-bulk-options-mod/
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/138311-abandoned-rock-surface-terraforming-mod/#comment-1576565

TRANSFER LIMIT MOD NOT WORKING
Or it is set to low, when it should be set to 1 million or more

you should post that on leftypol, they'll probably like it

i don't know about wurm specifically but I can look at it. from the forum posts it looks like it just does a version check, maybe just change the version value somewhere in the mod

(checked)

Why is she so perfect, Holla Forums?

It's a man.

Next time someone makes a thread just post it as a 4chan server and but the battle royal stuff at the bottom, might last longer if the faggot mods don't see the word reddit/Holla Forums on the catalog.

This seems interesting, so in this game we build a town and so does plebbit and cuck Holla Forums and then we fuck with each other?

yeah, all while being absolutly autistically detailed.

Rude. It is funny they have her pretending to be a blacksmith though.

Owner here I'll look into it when I get home in 15. But I can't make any promises since all I can think of to fiddle with is the property files of the mod. I don't know any java or script injecting.

It's funny they have him pretending to be a girl. I wonder if his tools smell of perfume haha.

Don't mind the town center filled with harmful, toxic smoke. All in due course for you to get your steel plate armor sets. Also, the forests are not on fire, its just a controlled fire. Trust me.

Brojing.jpg

Brong keong

Yo Owner. Farming is fucked. Sowing out takes 6 seconds per tile. For our farm that means 22 minutes per sowing. On the old serb sowing took half a second or so. (Both times assume full stamina of course.) You gotta fix this this ain't natural mate.

Admin you should set up a discord for the server for info and shit, without a constant source of info for 4chan/reddit player turnover rate might get fucked.

Like have a info channel and a general channel for faction talk and maybe some hidden channels for each faction and make it were faction leaders can give out faction Roles so people can access those channels. Similar to how people run discords in EVE.

Sowing time is locked in the server.jar and I don't feel comfortable yet editing anything in there quite yet. I will promise to keep getting better and reading how to solve this stuff though.

I'll do this today and make something nice.

Stop randomly teleporting people admin, that's goat simulator tier humor.

I'm moving people to their settlements. Not teleporting people at random, I can send you back if you'd like to wander the wilderness and get fucked by bears.

Feels good to be back. What are the coords of the town?

Awesome. Now the 4cucks and plebbit know, too.

Delete this.

alright, installed the botnet for this, who do I PM, Awolf?

Dude there have been screenshots up for days with peoples name in them, a few casts of locate with that info gives it away anyway so it doesn't matter much.

THE OFFICIAL SERVER DISCORD IS UP
discord.gg/nC9Nq8w
wouldn't use it for discussing village important info.

The time it takes to cook shit seems to be off, too. Sometimes it takes 5 seconds to cook a pre-heated steak, sometimes it takes a whole minute. On the last serb and the one before it this took 0,75 seconds or so. I'm still testing but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a serb related reason.

The time it takes to cook shit seems to be off, too. Sometimes it takes 5 seconds to cook a pre-heated steak, sometimes it takes a whole minute. On the last serb and the one before it this took 0,75 seconds or so. I'm still testing but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a serb related reason.>>12994683

fucking hell

"In an effort to reduce some server lag recipe and cooking polling has been slowed. You may notice that when cooking, all meals may not be ready at the same time."

wurmunlimited.com/2017/07/04/version-1-4-0-1/

It has nothing to do with the server.

Oh fuck me sideways. That's basically RIP for cooking.

well other than the fact that the server is 1.4.0.1 I guess.

I don't know if you understand how bad that is, this makes HFC ungrindable. It's like having to grind something and your action bar takes 60 seconds.

What new kind of cancer is this?

its a feature though.

It's a pvp game, you need people to kill rape and pillage kinda deal.

Whos winning?

8ch has the largest and most autistic settlement.

cuckchan is getting established they probably have more members but are less knowledgeable.

reddit is getting fucked by bears in the mud somewhere can't even build a proper shack.

Are people recording/documenting the event?

I am taking screenshots as the admin since I can fly and see everyone.

discord

Not a requirement, not even recommended. It exists to organize 4cucks since their threads get deleted more often then ours.

We're not really at war yet, since everyone just started. Will take a while until everyone gets bored enough to start some shit. :^)

Looks like a server guy from 4chan is trying to poach people from 8ch by acting as if his server is the new 8ch one.

If someone asks which thread is the actual one then point though to this one.

op is a fag, this is a cuckchan server and he is trying to make it sound like it's made from here. The other thread is where actual oldfags are and we have more population than this one.

wtf i spawned in and tried to join a kingdom but then the admin flew up and killed me.

How could I do that when I'm not even logged in?
Something silly is going on here.

Would someone really do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

I wonder how much there is going to be and how much of it is made by people who don't even play Wurm.

Be sure to post autism

this game is pretty fucking grindy, dull and boring, to be honest

We have IDs here cuckchan filth

kek

somebody seems a little bit upset

literally reddit

imagine being this mad

People are posting links to cp in the kingdom chat? Wtf?? what kind of server is this

the assblasting is real

We also need the meditation mod, because vanilla rates are bullshit, so is failing to relax and 2 minute timers.

links to colored people!? fuck that

this is spam, notice how the posts are copied from the other wurm thread

We also have common sense you cuckchan proxyfag piece of shit

For anyone that wants to play this on Linux I recommend setting up vfio PCI pass-through. I have it working and am playing the game with better performance then on native windows.

mfw cripplechan

wewlad
e
w
l
a
d

Can you fucking not?

maybe its because nobody goes to this dead ass site

Ok lads pack it up, this one guy doesn't approve of us playing the game.

if you want him to fuck off stop responding dipshit

And yet you are here.

Ik its all bait, tbh I am just trying to rile him up.

pls help. I cant get the client to work, nothing happens after the command window saying "press any key…". Ive edited ALI213 as instructed. On Windows 7

and what makes you think that's not for the better? we don't want all the tumblrinas cucks and jews. Populatrity killed cuckchan so feel free to fuck off.

and fuck paying for it

Tried running it as admin? Do you have the latest versions of Java, .NET and the C runtime?

There were 2 or so things to change in that file. Launching the game brings up a launcher, not the client. Add your name on the top right, click connect bottom left, add the ip and port, then connect.

make sure you install all the shit that's in the _CommonRedist, it's literally just 3 visual c++ redists, install the 64bit one's, pretty sure the wurm client is 64 and won't work on a 32 bit windows anyway.

those 3 redists are all you need from a fresh windows 7 install, you don't need to install anything else, you don't need to install java, the runtime's included.

infact if you install java it won't use it anyway, it'll use the runtime it's included with unless you tweak the config file

i'm fine with anyone joining the server, server needs numbers and cuckchan + reddit means natural enemies and factions

I was always impressed at this game's soundtrack. They got a pretty damn good composer for this game.

WE HAD OUR FIRST (and hopefully last) ROLLBACK

The admin now hopefully reached at least 70 skill at backing the DB up before restarts.

Affected are inventories, items and shit like cars, boats etc. - not affected are buildings, caves, crops of fields, skills and map stuff.

You can ask the admin to respawn stuff for you which got eaten.

The rollback is probably to the point where the last restart happened, but don't quote me on that. It's more or less one day gone. Don't panic though, the admin can respawn the important shit.

ty got it working

YES. MR. Join MR.

Yep, very good grinding music, but also memorable.

Easy come easy go I guess.

Only one type of person plays Wurm and stays playing for more than a week and that is autismos.

comfy af autismos.

Oh wow. What a shitfest.

MIKEM GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

had to log off, post some screenshots to keep the autism going

HotS moving right along.

ADMIN HERE

MOVE TO 158.69.243.49/ THE SERVER IS SHUTTING DOWN.

I had a chat with these guys, they're better prepared and have a lot more experience than the one man show I've been running.

Apologize for the loss, had fun with the short time we spent hope to see you on the new server.

FOR ANYONE THINKING ABOUT QUITTING.

Their population is equal to ours therefore -15 on my server if you join +1 to their's that's 16 people either way.

prove it faggot

Do we need their client and what mods do they allow?

The proof is coming tonight when the server goes down and don't come back check my ID if you don't believe me.

If you have wurm unlimited you don't need their client, if you're a pirate then you do.

Bull, you were running the server fine. We have 3x the population, where and what is your reasoning? The rollback was nothing, that happened last Holla Forums server before, and we went straight back to grinding.

Welp, I got exactly 5 hours of playtime on this iteration, see you all again in a few months.

i would like to hear a reason to because i sure as shit don't see one.

Yeah im not starting over. Thanks for wasting 20 hours of my life i guess.

It's a lot of work, for one guy when 5 guys with experience are offering to take it up.

I may have been able to run it fine by day 3 but I guarantee you it would be much worse with me running the show. They DO have a java developer, and I know nothing about java I had no way of fixing sowing times or the other mod.
You get what you pay for buddy.

oh come on thats not worth killing the server for, come on man, you can do this and have been doing really well so far. i'm not starting over fuck this. this isn't tf2, you can't just hop servers.

Don't shut that down you cuck, i wasted too much autism on this and i'm not restarting all over, and what said.

kinda smells fishy to me, is this like an fbi ip grab on the other server and you stepped on there toes.

The situation is thus, I am incompetent and instead of trying to force competence where there is none and waste more peoples time by prolonging issues letting it fester, get worse and really piss people off.

I'm ripping the band-aid right off, HoTS understands and they're moving over. if Mol Rehan doesn't then it is what it is the math is like I said. -15 on my server +1 on theirs is still 16 people.

I enjoyed you all too, but really I would have never MADE a wurm server had their thread come out literally a day earlier.

I wanted to PLAY wurm on a big server, not spend my time admining. But there were no options at the time so I bit off more than I could chew.

Literally this would come down to me telling those guys HEY FUCKOS I'M BETTER THAN ALL 5 OF YOUR BRAINS PUT TOGETHER.

Which is not true and I don't want to push that reality on anyone.

The only way i'd move over would be if you cloned the db on theirs. Would rather play trough my backlog than re-grind for 30 hours.

I talked to one of them about a possible skill transfer I'd recommend taking pics of your skills. I'm sure they'll be happy to do that.

Oh if they transfer my skills and shit i'll play, where do i post my pics?

HotS obviously will move over because they started late and had nothing. You have competence, you kept the server up. It was our insistence of extra server mods that messed you up, we don't need it. We can manage long sowing times too, geez. I know for a fact Wend lost stuff and exp on their server rollback a few months ago. Their server died fast too, but this server wouldn't have died as quick - because everyone was in one kingdom, and there were actually enemies. We were looking forward to that, it was working out nicely. You did good. I'd bet their server doesn't use effective skills, that was OP too.

Actually nah i won't, fuck this gay shit.

first time playing wurm, fuck first time play with Holla Forums and was legitimately exited to wake up and get on. great people, awesome momentum and community.

i got on the other server and just… don't care.

feeling pretty bad to be honest. jazz out.

Yo come to the serb and stay with me for the last moment

put the db on mega op. someone might actually do what must be done.

One of the server goys from Brohan here, I'm willing to personally transfer skills and even items if possible to be arranged to make it easier.

The other server has a group of about the same size so you'd have rather good pvp in the long run and we'd have a good population.

We've got admins that have admin'd before and know what not to do, a java developer that develops our own cracks and a client that is easier to use and rather future proof. We're also more than willing to make Advi admin with us if he so wants.

We didnt expect this to blow out really, and some shitposting was done by overeager posters, but we have a p nice setup going and can guarantee server will work fine.

I'm here to answer questions and get shitposted at if necessary. Bottomline is we all just want to play wurm. If we had known a few days back a server was being developed we would've got in touch with Advi to make it happen together.

I played HotS to help new player retention and what happened to us is probably why this is happening. Our tower/deed got rolled back to nonexistence and when we remade the tower the server thought the HoTS deed still existed and we couldn't place it again. To add to it when we tried /revoke the game claimed we weren't in a village but at same time throwing errors to the host when trying to resolve shit. Eventually after hours of work the deed got placed and the game was claiming we were leaving an existing village to join the new one which was a permanent village without upkeep. All in all the host was a total bro who spent hours trying fixing this mess and who knows with Wurm's shitcode if its actually truly fixed.

Hey OP didn't you have the server rented for 6 months? Why not just leave it up?

I'd also like to add, that we never mentioned our server specs unlike these guys.

Because we were running off a 2gig VPS compared to their 32gig dedicated host.

we had funds for 6 months we only paid 10$ for this attempt.

But thats irrelevant since it worked perfectly from a technical standpoint.

it worked by day 3, java bloats like a mother fucker as you people build buildings create crops and leave woodscraps everywhere always updating dmg counters.

Rest in peace comfy serb

I switched over. What faction are we going to? I joined MR and its full of redditors. 3 Remnants in MR.

Is this a new record?

Major of New Brosmouth here.

So this is the situation from my perspective. The last serb, before this one, went fucking terrible. Noone fucking played because everyone split up. I had given up hope. So this new server was like a miracle to me. Suddenly, almost everyone was playing together in one town again. Our pace was FUCKING INSANE. I have been playing Wurm literally all day to help make Brosmouth great again. Even the rollback - I didn't mind, it's ok, the admin is learning. And Bowman was learning FAST. Now I wake up and out of fucking nowhere noone is online compared to the 10 people who are usually online. People worked SO FUCKING HARD on this town and now it's like "meh, I don't feel like it anymore, either switch to that other serb or ur fucked.". I bet that most will just straight up give up now because drama like that is exactly why so many stopped playing in the first place. Honestly, this feels like RIP already.

But I am willing to try to revive New Brosmouth on the new serb. However, I want ALL OF WHAT WE HAD SO FAR replaced by admin magic. The buildings, the roads, most of the shit we had stucked up and the skills. I need as much as possible replaced in order to save whats left from peoples motivation. This is already probably a killing blow so I need every help I can get. Sure as fuck none of the oldfags are gonna come to the new serb, they are tired of this shit. And I bet half the population will just give up now. And the admin just decided that because he was uncomfortable with his role, fuck all our hours invested.

So yeah. Work with me on this and I'll see what we can do about transfering everything. I'll make a list of what we'll have to restore on the new serb.

seconding this. this would definetly get me to stay. is it that hard to copy-paste evreything?

this

If we were to copy paste the DB it would fuck more people than help people, it would be smarter to replace shit by hand. But we'll have to see how much the admin will cooperate. Currently I am working on making a list of everything / bringing in the last harvest to include it in the list. This is the second time I have planted all this crap and admin bullshit is trying to take it away from us.

Also:

Everyone go make a list of their important skills so we can transfer them.

Screenshots would be best.

Btw Bowman: Keep the serb alive for a couple days so everyone can get their shit together.

Here's mine although I had just gotten started. Not worth dicking around on a steam group over but if you can manage something alright.

WE WUZ MANY

Gotta send that to the admin over (((Steam))), but no admins are online right now unfortunately, so just keep it for now.

So yea we are taking pics of our inventory to be transferred over. Most of the high level players including myself from new brocelona will play on Brohalla. If you would like to continue come with us, we are not decided on kingdom yet but it will probably be MR. If you don't want to use steam to show your inventory, probably get on the game server and ask for an admin, and show your inventory on an image upload website.

STEAM im on the provided pirate nigger

DOCUMENTATION FOR RESTORING THE VILLAGE

imgur.com/a/teIus
^ Some screenshots Leweegee made to document stuff

imgur.com/a/alXVT
^ Documentation of EVERYTHING

pastebin.com/XKrE1RBF
^ Pastebin of town inventory

imgur.com/a/p9xXv
Screenshot of my house

Well if we are doing a transfer then I will post screenshots of my shit in the (((steam group))).

I just put my stats on their thread, I don't see why we have to go through steam to do that.

Heres my house and a breakdown of the costs. Sure, i'd love it for the admin to rebuild it but im ok with just the materials. (Lewegee)

m.imgur.com/a/Unx7v

np

Jazza in the new server
imgur.com/a/qJE6B
that body and mind