Let It Die: Katana is God

Is there any melee weapon in LID better than the katana? I highly doubt it. This thing is an absolute monster that casually destroys everything 150 degrees around you on command in an instant. This is a "PRESS L2 TO WIN" kind of weapon.
Where to begin? The ridiculous early-stage damage model spike in R&D is already obvious. I'm so far slightly past that spike myself (up to Blue Masamune +2), and sure enough, I'm already cutting the majority of high-level enemies into ribbons.
The Barbarian decal beats the living shit out of any decal buffs you can have on a 1-handed weapon. If you're lucky enough to draw a Premium version of Barbarian, you can stack it with the normal version for double the bonus. Failing that, you can simply combine Barbarian with Samurai and still annihilate everything under 40F in your sleep.
2-handed weapons in general are sluggish, while strong to compensate. The katana's horizontal swing, however, is exceptionally lightning-fast with a mindlessly galactic hit cone. I've been countering enemy sabers with my eyes closed for so long now, my irons have been collecting dust.

You know, I almost fell for the electric toothpick meme. Thank God I didn't. I would be stuck with a narrow thrusting little runt that can't crowd-control for shit unless you break it.
Meanwhile, the meat cleaver is like the katana's short, handicapped little cousin who can't move very well and never makes it to the family reunions.

I'm not sure the Jackal weapons and the scythe are even worth unlocking at this point. They may be good, but I feel the katana, iron and motorcycle are all I need to win the game.
Well, perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself. I should first finish climbing the new tower expansion before getting a big head. I already reached one of the treasure rooms, though.

Jesus Christ. Someone give me the fucking soundtrack already
Why people haven't ripped the sound files from it is outstanding.

Just rip it off youtube, or bother the share thread to spoonfeed you.

its just cosmetic weapon, it has 400 ATK m8, of course its garbage
they are shit, have you seen the durability on this crap? they break in 10 attacks or so. and they have 400ish attack power.
im already on Muramasa +3 bitch, bend over!
its still the best weapon in the game, the attack is too fast and it stuns
great for chopping through goons, and the poison, oh man, if they don't have poison eater, they're fucked.
what are you talking about? did they add floors? since when?

watch and learn

I always carry a motorcycle because its rage move is a great "get out of jail free" card, but it only hits each enemy once. Godly crowd control, but hardly a Hater-killer.
That said, the motorcycle's charge attack hits like a truck if you can stun them first.

Yeah, my katana is underleveled because I'm lazy. Gyakufunsha is definitely helping, though. And there is indeed a tower expansion. Sadly, so far I've mostly just seen old floor designs reused. Bravo, Grasshopper.
These "new" floors have multiple Haters and Hunters, and no Screamers. Just a heads-up.

guess im gonna turn on my Piece of Shit 4 and check them out….

riiight, i have to wait for the shit to update…

god i hate modern consoles

huuuh… how do i calibrate my controllers or what? is my controller broken?

i was playing digimon yesterday and it worked perfectly, now the buttons are pressing themselves, i can't do anything

I'm only in the 2nd strata of the tower and it's pretty rough. That Jin-die fight was a disaster since there's no cover between the two floors and my character was hardly dealing any damage. I found out she has a crazy sludge laser move and that she can actually charge it up while you're stuck in place from the first time it hit you.

The biggest problem I have now is that I desperately need green metal to upgrade my weapons but so far the only one I found was a quest reward. Right now my only rank 2 weapons are the iron and firework gun but neither of them have the staying power to reach the next elevator if I want to try and circle around that jin-die fight.

well ain't this just wonderful. my controller is broken. everytime i press the touchpad it starts maniacally spamming the L2/R2 buttons endlessly. cant eat nor throw food/shrooms now.

good job sony.

you can't circle around bosses. bosses are obligatory.

11F NOKEJIRI has a guaranteed gold chest on it with a chance for green metals. you'll have to farm that for the time being.

also jin die is pretty easy with the power of the mushroom, farm some transparagus in (or send Expeditions to) 11F and 12F, you'll eventually find some. i reckon with a good hammer, capped weapon proficiency, and about 4 or 5 transparagus, you can finish her. just remember that she teleports around the arena so don't eat all the transparagus at the same time for this fight

Isn't she weak to slashing damage? I'm sure the butterfly knife or machete would be the best option at that point.

he said hammer is the best weapon he had.

its good to abuse enemy weaknesses, but if the weapon that you have that can hit their weakness has 20 atk power, and a weapon that the enemy is resistant to has 200, then you go with the 200.

forgot to take my sage off

Well beating her the first time unlocked the gates over on the left side of the map. I can take that path instead of having to fight my way through her every time. Appreciate the advice, although that transparungus doesn't show up much and the one time I used it I nearly died from the poison damage. Got a ton of skillshrooms today so I'm hoping the poison eater badge works with them, and then I can live forever with a pack full of snails.

That's good to know too. I just unlocked the axe, haven't had a chance to use it on anything but 90 base damage is probably killer since she only sticks around for one good hit anyway.

Not even those threads have it, shit is FUCKED yo.

EGSDRA
THIGG

thats a different story. you didn't say that you had already beaten her once.

The best advice I can give you for early game is to invest in the Red Hot Iron. Craft it and upgrade it as much as you can, and master it ASAP. It's an amazingly useful weapon against just about any enemy, including bosses.

My bad, I was going to post the map but I had the fat thread open in another tab.

Yeah, reading that over it sounds like I was just plain stuck. I just had to use an embarassing number of continues (3) since that laser got me before I could even use my healing items or anything. Then it shot me as I was trying to jump over..

Went looking for that chest but people are saying it doesn't always show up. That kind of stuff is kind of frustrating. Or like trying to find a reversal tuber for the quest. The level that guy lives in, yoshiki-dan I think, is just bonkers compared to the other 1st strata levels. Usually I'll go there and it's a short hallway to the other elevator so when people told me that's the only floor this guys spawns at I didn't believe them. Then I go there today and there are minefields, flamethrower traps everywhere, and a room with burning scaffolds where 8 guys aggro you at once. Pretty fun and reversal is pretty different, it wouldn't hurt for him to show up in more than one level.

Yeah man, iron is radical but it has such low durability that I mostly use it as a shield. But the rage move is so good against stronger dudes, it shreds armor in a second, and it's just so much damage I wonder where it all comes from.
Been trying all sorts of different weapons. Some are really good and others have you wondering why they even exist. The hocky puck is pretty cool, I just wish it was as good at killing the enemies as it is at killing me.

It's the classic neon sign gag. This game overall perfectly nails the creepy yet goofy atmosphere. The Kamatech area has "HELL" written on the walls everywhere.

I was not insulting your taste, my fellow man of taste, I was just pleased to see it outside of /monster/.

How badly do you think the game will be broken if tier 4 katanas drop? Hope they release that update near the end, considering they'll be no point to using any weapon whatsoever even with the forcemen gear.
New floors are decent, like the added emphasis on taking your time and using stealth to draw one enemy to you at a time, though it's almost instant death if that hater yells and everyone aggros, especially in certain DOD-styled layouts with three haters chilling in a dead end. Iron is basically a must with tier 5/weaker characters since you'll usually do jackshit thanks to the tier 4 armor/White Steel set everyone carries in the upper floors.

Reversals have several spawns in the trap rooms around those floors, think F19 Daida has a guaranteed spawn. Some of the higher floors actually have gauntlets of them, and they can one-shot you on lower levels by the time you encounter Mk. 3 variants.

Indeed. They pretty much had to buff the shit out of armor and non-katana weapons so people won't just use the katana all the time.
That said, the katana is pretty much still the best melee weapon to use unless you're fighting on a time limit like a TDM raid.

Not really. Hater AI is still retarded as ever.

not really. he had no defense fighters at all. when you put no defense fighters whatsoever, the game automatically spawns 2 randomly generated fighters, with no equipment, to fight off invaders, one in the train station, and one in the waiting room.

i cannot understand why the devs decided to make this choice, but they did. i remember at the beginning this didn't happen, if you had no defense fighters, then invaders could straight up rush your banks and be done with it in 20 seconds tops, the time it takes to walk the station, up the stairs, and destroy the banks.

Trips of truth checked. Honest thanks for finally helping me solve this mystery.

The enemy player must have been a dumbass who sent all the Fighters in his freezer out on expeditions, and forgot to place them back in defense when they were done.

Case closed.

putting fighters in defense is really pointless unless you have something to protect.

the best defense in the game is having nothing to steal, that way, nobody will waste their time on you, and you can send more fighters on Expeditions that could possibly reward you transparagus, slowmungus, Fun Fungus, and non-stealable rewards that stay safe and sound in your reward box.

thats why i make sure to spend all of my money and SPL before disconnecting, and leave those huge TDM bonuses of 40k in the safebox for emergencies.

even so, you should have 2 or 3 fighters with Hornet Sabers and irons on defense, because you definitely do not want to get raided by a bronze with no gear who will steal your TDM points just by winning.

You speak the truth. Investing a lot in TDM defense isn't quite practical. But personally, I do it anyway because I really enjoy the novelty.

What I love to do is capture Fighters from multiple different teams and leave them in my Restroom overnight. Logging in the next day feels like opening a Christmas present.
Last time I did this, I had 19/20 successful defenses.
The bad news is, one of my own Fighters got captured in the process (and rescued by someone else), and my total Kill Coin reward wasn't quite enough to resupply all his gear. But the good news is I got a pretty good amount of SP Lithium, sitting in my Reward Box where nobody can steal it.

I do send my Fighters on expeditions from time to time, but recently my item storage has been getting full because I tend to hoard shit like an idiot, and procrastinate on crafting. I did unlock the Muramasa katana upgrade just recently, though. And wow, I'm not disappointed. The katana truly is God.
Fun fact: If you equip the katana in a Fighter's left hand, his CPU will use the horizontal slash attack. I tested this out in Defense Simulation.

i'm pretty much done with the game for the time being. my controller stopped working like i mentioned above in the thread, and i can't do anything until i get a new one. i tried to repair it myself but sony makes the controllers in such a way that if you try to open it yourself you will most likely break it even with the utmost caution.

i still have no idea why from one day to the next, pressing the touchpad buttons (to throw/eat items) made the game think i was mashing R2 like crazy, infinitely. I believe the problem was in the circuit sheet, see pic related, it was probably loose, so when i tried to fix it by cracking opening the controller, one of the cables that connect to the rumble engines(?) got cut loose too, and im pretty sure some of the many, many, many, MANY little pieces of plastic that are in the joystick just to make it fucking impossible for you to open it without breaking it (they're like little hooks or something? i guess their purpose is to further hold the case together), actually broke too. sending it to sony™ service costs almost as much as an entire new controller, these goddamn cunts.

There are Rank 6 fighters now, so enjoy remaking every single goddamn character you had. hope you saved lots of golden animals.

Oh, I probably won't be doing that for a while. The only Grade-6 Fighters I have unlocked so far are the All-Rounder class. Not a fan of All-Rounders. I bought one just so I can use him to climb higher and see if I can unlock any other classes for G6.

Sorry to hear about your controller. Sounds like Sony really fucked up.

yeah you're definitely going to have to climb to floor 49 or 50 to get those Rank 6 Collectors (which will obviously be the only fighters worth making, just like before)

i will do it someday, when i have a working joystick and a left arm that isn't partially paralyzed.