Emulation Thread - Macaulay Culkin Edition

RPCS3 running Persona 5
youtube.com/watch?v=CTi3AEJqNbU

lost 'Rayman' prototype for snes emulation
archive.is/P2Gik

Ganbare Goemon Gaiden RPG eng translation; actually fun
romhacking.net/translations/3079/

what is in your opinion the best emulator?
what game is worth to emulate?
Are you part of the Brierley fanclub? Or what frontend are you using?

Other urls found in this thread:

compat.cemu.info/wiki/Project_Zero:_Maiden_of_Black_Water
dropfile.to/39o5k8S
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games?
github.com/batteryshark/CHDSSF
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Super_Nintendo_emulators
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulation_on_Ubuntu
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/
dropfile.to/G29TgJA
fantasyanime.com/emuhelp/snes9x
loveroms.com/extras/gba-bios.php
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
ufile.io/o37xk
theisozone.com/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G4VH4943
digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-connect-a-ps3-controller-to-a-pc/
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Mednafen
dropfile.to/kZHfxZ2
emuparadise.me/emulators/files/user/Pcsx-1.5-218.zip
my.mixtape.moe/whrtty.mp4
mega.nz/#!9LoUkBYD!BLDIDhur0Rhd5S_bk1mf8GhW8h3bDpPEm_b8L9tdoqE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can use that with retroarch?

i don't know. As far as i know, no. At least not yet.

What's the best Saturn emulator? That Panzer Dragoon nigger has swayed me.

How does CEMU run Fatal Frame 5?
Is there an uncucked version of Fatal Frame 5?

some anons say; SSF
some anons say; Mednafen

here is the thing, SSF needs crabware like deamontools (or what ever that crap called), Mednafen doesn't need any imagedisc tool at all. But mednafen saturn emulation is still not perfect. I say, mednafen is already doing a good job with saturn emulation, good enough to use it.

not good it seems
compat.cemu.info/wiki/Project_Zero:_Maiden_of_Black_Water

if you ask me, i get the feeling the cemu team is too much focused on running BotW bug free/stable. Any other game is droping left and right fromt he table.

I have daemontools already from back in the day when EPSXE required it for consistent disc swaps. I'll try SSF then, thanks for the celeritous response, kind dubsman.

Shit, last I checked they kinda fixed the earape but there's a consistent crash early on that I don't think you can get past.

Yeah seems about right, there's another video on 1.8.1 that shows more or less the same issues as here so.

have you guys synced your collection in launchbox with their cloud?

no

From personal experience I'd say Mednafen nowadays is at least as good as SSF, runs perfectly any game I throw at it and more (Astal works perfectly, never could get this game working with SSF).
However SSF runs full speed on toasters, while Mednafen Saturn demands a somewhat beefy pc.

I am emulating Atelier Iris. I am encountering the end credits glitch every time regardless of whether or not I mute everything. Is there anything I can possibly do? Was this glitch in the original Jap version?

why would you do this?

Corporations are good and you should share all your information with them.

dubdubs command it

Never mind. After a dozen or so tries at 5x speed I got it to work.

I don't know what the hell to do in Atelier Iris any more. I've reached the post game.
I've done Zeldalia's challenge with Norn already, so I've confirmed the bonus save data was saved correctly. What in the ever loving fuck am I missing here?

Why not read a walkthrough?

I've been looking through various guides all day. Practically none of them state any specific triggers for sidequests or new recipes to be added because no one seems to know how they are. The answer is always the same. "If X does not occur, do more sidequests and synthesis new things until X occurs." Except there are no more sidequests and synthesis left to do.

It wasn't even a romset, I just went to EmuParadise and clicked on anything I liked the name of or heard good things about.

Finally figured out what I was missing. Had nothing to do with shop synthesis or sidequests. A chest with a mana item spawned in a place where a boss used to be and where you had no incentive to return to. Other sidequests aside, having all the mana items must be a requirement to trigger the final missing recipes and the bonus dungeon.

The hell is with this shit? Did I get a fucked up ISO or something?

Do you have widescreen enabled?

Initially, I was going to say it didn't work since I tried that earlier. But I only just now realized that you can change CPU settings and long behold the option was there and it was fixed. Thanks

I've got two requests.

A Dreamcast Emu that actually reads legit discs without shitting itself.

Someone to share their Saturn Emu and Iso dumps. I'm in the process of building my own collection before SEGA decides to nuke emulation on that.

Also, how's PS2 emulation going?
Does it still bugger out on dual layer encrypted discs with anti-piracy like Valkyire Profile 2?
I just want to glitch and cheat my way through the crystals without the game going "LOL UR A PIRATE" and fucking up.
I mean really? Cheating triggers the anti-piracy in the legit versions of the game who thought of that?

You certainly got a fucked up something, but it's not your ISO.

Is there any chance it actually runs that well?

Going to play some snes gems, tell me v, what are the 3 must play games for it?

How the fuck do you emulate 3DS games, i can't find compatible roms and the few ones around are like 5+ GB what the fuck

Desmume

Any game, i like Japanese dating sims, like Love+ and Tokimeki Memorial, totally worth a try

Nebula (it's dead but has a great screenshot factory) for MAME games

RetroArch for the rest, although i'd love if there where other frontends with such amount of shading options which are the principal reason i use RA

I only want it to play Demon's Souls, Samurai Warriors 3, and one or two weeb games, but i badly want it

It runs decently if you're using some higher end CPUs (Haswell or betterfor intel, Ryzen 5/7 for AMD)

If you run into encrypted .cia you'll need to convert that to decrypted ."ds, before it required an actual 3DS but now there's a program that'll do that on desktop if you can find a 3DS bootrom dump.

Without taking jrpgs into account :

Megaman X2
Donkey Kong Country 2
SuperMetroid

I'm using Citra + CitraFS (for fullscreen and better UI overall). Since the devs are fags, you also need to track down certain 3DS files that aren't on the game ROMs and paste them into your citra folder in the documents and settings in order to play (it's meant as an anti-piracy measure). After you do that, you have the emulator set up and just need to find decrypted ROMs or decrypt them yourself.

What version of Twilight Princess is better to play with a Dualshock controller in Dolphin?

I have a Wiimote lying around somewhere but I don't feel like setting it up no less waggling while sitting in my recliner.

oh like the bios files i presume?

mind sharing a link on an anonymous website?

I played through the gamecube version a few years back and it was pretty good besides hyrule field fps dropping really low but I think that got fixed in later versions.

If you have a good CPU then juggle between SSF and mednafen depending on the game
If not then SSF is your only option.

why

The gamecube version. The Wii version had native widescreen support but you can just use an AR code in the gamecube version for that.

Ok,thanks.

Because retards with no grasps on how things work would rather have something they can be lazy with regardless of how shit it actually is.

Here's what I use. Found it in a YT comments section, of all places.
dropfile.to/39o5k8S
Just paste it into the citra folder in your documents and settings, you'll know where if you aren't retarded

Anyone know a good site where to get 3DS ROMs?

Thanks, the GC version's controls seem better and if there's no bugfixes or anything like that in the Wii version then I'll prefer the GC version.

Does anyone know how to use the AR codes on the dolphin wiki on more recent Dolphin versions that complain about master codes that should not be used? I can't really find an answer on Google and deleting a bunch of code lines with 00000000s and 00000002s worked with the Wind Waker widescreen hack but TP still keeps complaining.

oh…

SSF/mednafen.

Astal runs fine in SSF. Very medicore game though.

I know it does, in theory.
But I never managed to get it working on v0.12b4 even after messing with settings (enable SH2 cache) and trying different isos.
I'm not sure but now I think I remember successfully running Astal on an older version.
It's mediocre but had amazing visuals for its time.

>emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games?

You kinda need the test version to get anywhere nowadays, 0.12r4 is years old whereas the test one is pretty much updated every so often (last in 02/2017 iirc).
Also reminder that
github.com/batteryshark/CHDSSF
is a thing if you really need ssf and don't wanna deal with crappy disc mounting softwares.

I disagree on the test versions, they have tons of regressions and generally 0.12r4 works much better for me. Haven't tried the latest ones though.
For disc mounting I just use an old version of Daemon Tools from before it became spyware infested. I'd rather not even bother with Saturn emulation than go through all this hassle to not use disc mounting.
But I've pretty much fully switched to Mednafen since my gaming pc can handle it.

SSF has always been kind of all over the place, I can remember a couple games working better on 0.11 even, mednafen is better in that regard but compatibility still isn't to the same level as SSF in places (Super Tempo is one example I see come up often) which is why I even use it to begin with it's making consistent progress at-the very least.

It's just as much hassle to set up a disc mounting solution though, especially considering the amount of fuckery you have to go through to even get one without getting all the adware that might come with it.

Bump

Is there a torrent with like 100 essential psx games or something like that?

just get a fullset torrent and download whatever you want.

I dunno where the fuck I've been, but I just found this…

Yeah Supermodel is great, especially since the only other attempts to emulate those boards are either garbage (MAME) or the dev sold out (whoever made the Daytona USA HD port for 7th gen consoles)

It's also likely getting a libretro port soonish, maybe that'll bring more people to pay attention to it.

Ok anons, i have a problem right now. All i have now is a shitty ipad and i want to play some snes games on it. Turns out apple can do jackshit. Any html5 emulator running in a browser?

Why are apple products so damn shitty? Not a single damn emulator is working on it.

Some of their security measures interfere with what a dynarec needs to work properly so you're stuck with interpreters thus nobody even bother doing proper ports anymore and then there's the fact that they will shut down emulator from using the appstore.

I decided to try Citra. Zelda Majoras Mask running 100%, Fire Emblem almost there just battle scenes and custscenes mostly. Real impressed.

What is it with people still not just using Mednafen?

An emulator for the purpose of playing one game
because most of it's games have been ported already
A Sega Ringedge Emulator AKA Initial D 6 AA Emulator

Is there a better ps2 emulator than pcsx2?

How is Pokemon (either generation) running on Citra now anyways? Wanted to try out a romhack.

Nah

I think XY/ORAS/SM all run well on Citra. There used to be errors, but last I saw, someone was managing to get 60FPS/4K with no glitches, but I doubt that was on a shitty laptop.
Also, the romhacks are pretty boring. There's randomisers, which can be fun, though.

doesn't have PGXP

Actually one of the forks does but it has different compatibility and maybe more issues.

thats the libretro beetle fork
Apart from the A/V sync its worse in every way.

Been out of the loop for a good while, is the zsnes still the best snes emulator or is there a new hotness around?

No. It has security problems.
Use any recommended emulators here:
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Super_Nintendo_emulators

Guys I'm tearing my hair out from all the conflicting info regarding DS flashcarts. I Have a non-cfw N3DSXL with firmware version 11.3.0-36U (I only bought it for MH4U anyway.) Which flashcart is going to work with this? I keep reading that nintendo stopped trying to patch for DS flashcarts some time ago, and If possible I'd like one that can play GBA and SNES games. Are there any carts out there that can do all of this and wont brick themselves or my system and if so where the hell can i buy them without getting screwed?

I swear anything regarding carts and homebrew on the DS or the 3DS is a complete clusterfuck of conflicting info, the PSP scene was nowhere near this bad.

What the fuck happened?

good morning, how is it living under a rock? Did you thought it was a joke when anons told to build a gaming bunker? Welp, there are a few sites left who still have rom sets. Dig a little bit around in the sharethreads anb you will find.

which one has the best multiplayer online?

They're trying not to be taken down.
Actually, back when I first discovered emulation in like 2002/2003 Nintendo even then was trying to take down websites that provided roms and such.
Of course, new sites were popping up all the time and some ways that they tried to get around this was removing whichever game that killed the last site.
So things like Mario RPG and such were starting to get rare.

Now all of that was back before Nintendo and other game companies started re-distributing their video games. As such, they now have the higher ground in a legal battle against emulation/rom sites because they can point to and say "no, we still sell this game but it is on the modern platform." which they can then bundle into the realm of piracy/copyright infringement/whatever.
Nobody wants to go to court over video games.

BTW guys, what do you think of the retropie?
Emulation is all well and fine but I want to be able to play the old console games from my couch and not on my PC.
I've noticed some input lag though…maybe its the emulators that come with the thing? Maybe there's some settings I need to deal with?
Maybe its my TV?

Pick your own essential games.

PGXP is a glitchy mess of a meme.

There's nothing you can do about the input lag on those things.

I bought a Pi 3 and tried retropie and it runs everything up to Nintendo DS very smoothly. No PS2 of course.

Pick your own essential games.

It is, i'd rather go with the default render on a CRT

I think that is what he wanted to avoid doing, sure you can search a list of games but then downloading each one by one must be a chore. Then again not everything comes in a silver plate.
Plus 100 playstation games must still be a huge download

yeah that's what I got.

What 3DS games are worth playing?

bump

Is there a Holla Forums approved list of emulators for Linux?

Truly the epitome of argumentation

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulation_on_Ubuntu

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS

2 static screenshots. Hardly a decent representation of the feature.

A Sega Saturn with an Action Replay and a Modchip :^)

This is a fairly recent development, but it is surely Nintendo being Juden and trying to prevent people from discovering they're being cucked into buying the literal worst emulation available today.

For the money you'd spend on the cart, you could probably get a chink Droid device like a JXD

It says file expired. Do you have a new link and are these the files needed to run New Leaf?

I'm eagerly waiting for someone to dump the complete Starfox 2 rom from SNES classic. I'd like to see if it's legitimately different from the current patched roms floating around.

I dont get the Persona popularity, I just dont.

They even took down the complete rom sets. Doesn't matter, many people have them all. Heck, I put them on so many different storage devices that the only way I'll lose them is because of a house fire. No matter how much Jewtendo tries to censor shit, it'll surface back up elsewhere, just like mushrooms on a field of mycelium.

>vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/
That wiki is ran by reddit.

None of the ones he's recommending even have online multiplayer. Just ignore that dipshit, he's trying to take you for a ride.

RA has netplay,

Sorry, I didn't know.

SNES9x has had online netplay for years

Wanna move the goalposts some more?

here's the new link: dropfile.to/G29TgJA
The files should be necessary to play the vast majority of 3DS games, so probably.

sup people
I've started listening to old spc again and have been hit with the old gamey nostalgia
somehow I still haven't been able to finish some of the gems
got recommendations where to find roms? (I don't really want to download a huge archive)

try emuparadise

isozone is still pretty good if you have jdownloader.

Just search on emulation wiki.

why? is it mega?

good one, managed to find what I wanted though its weird, all those alternate hacked versions?

now I have a new problem, trying to play on the zsnes, it was what I used in the past,
but it seems to freeze over changing resolutions

Wanna post the one game it works with over and over again? And ignore the hundreds of games it breaks?

user stop. Use another snes emulator.
Just like higan, bsnes-classic or Snes9x.
Zsnes have vulnerability issue for executing malware code if it's loaded with tampered ROM.

fucking hell, well I also got snes9x
but this shit is cli only? I'll be needing a guide for this

fantasyanime.com/emuhelp/snes9x
Here you go.

Sup Holla Forums
Im looking for the best Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advanced emulators. If they are two in the same or completely different it doesnt bother me. I tried Visual Boy but something seemed incredibly off, almost like lag. Suggestions?

mGBA
Gambatte

Thanks user, any specific settings, i havent used either of those? I just got into emulation after realizing im wasting my time trying to get cheap prices on Jewbay.

Haven't used them in their standalone versions, they werk fine with default settings as retroarch cores on my phone.
GBA emulators need a propietary bios file to boot roms though, loveroms.com/extras/gba-bios.php
and then rename it if necessary.

Bump

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Good thing you can turn it on and off depending on your needs then eh?

edgeemu.net

How shitty is the n64 emulation? I want to play this game for my clang fix

Daily Reminder that if you really care about quality, you'll use a Frontend.

if you care about quality you wouldn't be emulating.

It's shit.
Project 64 is open source, but it's plugin based.
Also has nagware.
Mupen64Plus is open source, crossplatform, but it's plugin based too. Only plugins that its devs made work on it.
No gui, but it has core on Retroarch.

No way hardware fag.

there is a way to remove the nagware by simple editing the ini. anyway, for n64 emulation you should use a combo between mugen64 to Pj64 and for the handfull ported n64 on wii use dolphin/Ishiruka.

Anyone using Genesis Plus GX through Retroarch, do you know how to enable FM sound for Master System games? I'm trying to play the JP release of Phantasy Star with it, and while I did find this "Master System FM" option in the quick menu but disabling/enabling it changes nothing.

thanks user, but I meant the actual snes9x on linux command line
but better yet I found the gui version (didn't find it before)
everything seems to be running well, and plus, this game has some really hard bosses

I have a specific set of shaders and overlays that I like to use with mGBA, so heres my config:

ufile.io/o37xk

Just drop that into Retroarch/config and load it in RA.

I'm surprised you posted this considering the irony radiating from it

How about no?

Holy shit user.

so much better than original hardware ;)

I've never understood people like that either.

Pic of it in action.

now this is autism. Here's an idea, recreate the look of the GBP in 240p instead because early 2000's LCDs were awful. Not that modern ones are much better, but still.

Are you retarded? He's just using a shitty filter.

Use RetroArch and see if your shit is still fucked

Hi, just dropping in to let you know you're a faggot

total garbage, the ags-001 was awful too.

what shitty emulation?
framerate and audio I think its due to the recording, but they were fine during play
and the filter is just to so it look a little bit better upscaled,

They were. Since your sorry dumb ass doesn't know the horrors of playing on a original GBA I'm guessing you were born in the mid-2000's.

huh. can't you just save that in a shader preset instead of cfg file.

It's not just shaders.

It's weird looking back and realizing that the Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and the original Gameboy Advanced, did not use backlighting for their LCDs at all. Because LCD backlighting is one of those things we take for granted and something people cannot live without anymore. But I remember back then before LCDs had backlights, and we didn't fucking care, because that's just how it was. It's still weird looking back at those days though. Remember those really shitty GB front lights that didn't really work but we all had to convince ourselves that they did because every other kid on the playground thought you were so cool for having one? Pic related

it doesn't even work for me sadly. So apparently it must be conflicting with something. Downloaded mgba just for this (I use vba-m), loaded config, got one of my other shaders that I use instead. You didn't have any more files such as overlays(I'm assuming you used one already shipped with ra) so aside from an additional control config which I wouldn't need there's no reason not to save this as a shader preset

Why did ps1 textures do that weird thing where they slanted left or right to begin with anyways?

look up affine texture warping, there was no z-buffer.

Nice try

I'll never understand what is the fucking matter with people who think smearing all the pixels together looks good.

I think it looks good, but only for certain things, like the spiny's shell.

Don't do that
The VC releases are legit fucked and were never fixed. Starfox 64 has visual glitches that weren't even present in emulators of its time.

So where can I download gamecube isos now that emuparadise got cucked?

theisozone.com/

The website uses an alternate file hoster that has a download speed limit

I had that piece of shit and I imported it from Japan for a fuck ton of money and got Jewed before the US version came out.

The spiny looks alright. That peach looks like shit though.

Is N64 emulation so shit that it really is better to emulate an emulator?

As far as I can tell that's not the case since virtual console games themselves were not exactly perfect even on a real wii (Ocarina of time has numerous graphical glitches and doesn't even have rumble support), so I've no idea why he said that.

I think you have to set the region to Japan as well as enabling the FM option.

No.

About 5 million other websites. Did you even try?

have it a go
like others said, it depends on what is being scale, depends how pixely it is in the first place
but one must understand, back in a day, images were upscaled within the tube television and therefor had a natural blur to them, not to mention the smaller screens
(though I agree in my case, the filter is hurting quality)

but anyway, anyone ever played SoM?
is shit really supposed to be that hard, for fuck sake its ridiculous,
struggled to get to that boss at the witch's castle and he instantly killed everyone

files are expired, please reupload?

Dont argue with these retards m8, they think there is only one way to do things and that is theirs

It can be pretty difficult until you get magic, then it's a fucking stompfest until the end of the game if you abuse it (which you probably will)

I don't know. But for DS emulation it is.
Desmume is so fucking slow.

Reminder that filters are stupid meme.

Does Skate 3 run on RPCS3 yet?

bump for this reupload…

So, what's the best controller for emulation?

Personally i think it's the ps3 with SCP. The ps3 controller can play everything pretty well.

I was thinking the same thing, the thing is, i can't find original DS3 anywhere…

DS4 with Inputmapper and what-all is your next best bet. If you use Steam then anything run through that treats a DS4 like a Steam Controller, so you can customize at your leisure. Inputmapper is a similarly powerful customization tool and Xinput wrapper.

OK, thanks, i will try to find a DS4 for a good price.

here you go emunigger, ds4 (better than ds3, especially the d-pad) at a great price.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G4VH4943

enjoy your inaccuracies

the SCP also works with DS4

digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-connect-a-ps3-controller-to-a-pc/

DS3 support on PC is crap and you should avoid it

I found mine at a flea market recently, you never owned a ps3?

Nope.

Wanted to ask what people's opinions are on controller adapters to use original controllers through emulation?

I have the wiiu one, and it works find, but it often doesn't work with modern games(even with xinput), and unless it's a ps2 one it runs out of buttons.

That's fine, I was only really intending to use these things for emulation if I decide to look into them. Just wanted some recommendations for pricing, what to avoid, etc.

make sure they have a good rating because even if the brand or product is good it could come from a a bad supplier.

I always go for the lowest price possible while keeping an eye on the rating.

I have a Mayflash Gamecube controller adapter, I use it for all my emulators. It works fine with joy2key.

Amazon, Ebay, or another site better or are they all about the same?

Ebay is good for cheap-er niche stuff, amazon is better for new brand name products. Either way always check the ratings and seller score.

Got it. Thanks user. I'll test the waters out with an average PS1/PS2 adapter and I'll go for more later if it works out well.

Enjoy!

God bless you, changing the region helped. It sounds so much better now.

Thanks. I'll come into one of these threads later with thoughts after they get here. Went ahead and ordered an N64 adapter as well.

Anyone else have this issue?

I know its old news now but I'm trying to get BotW to run but it keeps on crashing after this screen. I press A and it makes the noise then it crashes on a black screen. No error message besides "program has stopped responding" and everything on good is reddit related and I'd rather not get cancer.

Wise choice.

Now, you should install Adobe Reader latest version, restart toaster and try again.

nice dubs.
tried that and still got the same problem.

If they don't show up in retroarch
Just add them manually by editing the .lpl file in the playlist folder in retroarch/playlists

Oh and the playlist has to have the same name as the core

The reason they don't import has to do with basically retroarch uses a database for games provided by a third party

If the games won't start it's probably caused by you having the wrong bios or if the bios directory isn't set or you might have the right bios but the name is incorrect
Look at the botom of the linked page

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Mednafen

Holy shit I'm retarded. It's been long time since I even had to touch that.

I'm emulating Rayman on Jaguar right now. Did any other young fags play the shit out of Rayman Junior on the playstation?

Why?

PS2 to USB adapter is a bad idea. Just use a PS3 controller.

What do you mean? I have one and it works with everything as long as I configure it right. Meanwhile, I couldn't even get either of my DS3s to work on my PC through USB or BlueTooth.

Has a bunch of different levels because it lacks sliding physics.

Some of its levels are just cut up PS1 levels.
The only good thing I can think of about it is the lack of loading times

No adapter supports pressure sensitive buttons which is the only reason to use a PS2 dualshock over a generic USB pad.
PS3 gamepads support pressure sensitive buttons out of the box and the PS4 gamepads don't even have pressure sensitive buttons.

I guess that's true if you're just using a DS2, but if you also want to use some accessories for stuff like Guitar Hero clones and you already have one for the PS2, then it's far cheaper to use a PS2 controller adapter for both instead of buying a new regular controller and special accessory. Though from my experience, the most common adapter has analog off by default, so the whammy bar is unusable without modification, but that's a minor issue.

I have an Adaptoid for N64 that I used to use as my main, but I've since moved up to Xbox 360 controller for Windows. I also quit emulating N64 and went back to my actual console.

Windows/mac*
The controller itself is crap anyway so who cares.

Some of them are good, some of them are shit. And then there's the question of whether or not the controller itself is trash too. Overall just get a thrustmaster from when they were not shit (basically anything not from this decade) or one of the non-shit F-series logitech controllers (hint: all of the wireless ones are trash not just because of their wireless-ness).

do you remember when you actually get it? I'm going for the witch right now, and its awfully hard, not to mention keeping the companions alive to level up

dropfile.to/kZHfxZ2

I have two SNES carts with SoM printed on them, but one is misprint and is actually some survival game where your being chased by the space police(?) and jump(crash?) off your hoverbike to land in a jungle which being patrolled by machines. Anyone know what game it is?

That peach looks like some deviantart OC

Thank you so much!

actually yes, doesit play like secret of mana? check it out if its called Secret of Evermore

No user. It's a completely different genre of game. The things I described are the very first things that happen.

I'm trying to play SMT: Digital Devil Sagaa dn have two problems with PCSX2 1.4.0. One is the shadows overlapping the character models. PCSX2 wiki says using OpenGL HW fixes this, and it doesn't.

The other is in the hallway outside of the room where you start. With EE set to -1 and MTVU on I can get full speed in the beginning room. Outside the room it varies from 80%-95%. I can get 100% by setting VUCS to 1, but I think this is causing a false fps reading because my character moves even more slowly. Internal resolution is set to 3x and lowering doesn't help any. Any advice?

Also, how the fuck could you get SoE out of my description?

use nightlies

If AMD/intel GPU then yeah it's possible shit drivers are fucking your shit up, if Nvidia it's most likely because you're still using 1.4.0

You're correct, EE cyclerate when set to some values and VU cycle stealing only do what they do by emulating a theoretically gimped PS2, never use those unless they're known to fix a particular issue in the game you're playing.
If the only reason you care about slowdown is the sound fucking up then go to the audio plugin settings and replace timestretch with async mix, it's enough to make slowdown much less annoying.

Smells like CPU limited, try setting "allow 8-bit texture" on and blending accuracy to the lowest it will go before breaking graphics noticeably (never set that to none if you're on AMD cards unless you like surprises of the "almost gave me a fucking heart attack" kind best case scenario is driver crash with no real weird things but I've seen massive graphical corruption that persist until reboot and BSOD), it's pretty much the last resort for that kind of things if you've already experimented with speedhacks, just know that speedhacks don't always actually make anything faster and can also make things slower with some games especially MTVU.

I wonder if it can finally run Ratchet and Clank?

Yep, needs a pretty powerful computer to pull it off though.

Damn.

I tried to emulate with MAME

TRIED

Well 1.5 fixed the shadows. I should have paid more attention to the wiki since it says version 1.5 there, but I still get minor speed drops that are probably a problem on my end.

That's because MAMEdevs use this retarded notion that only a certain specific romset with a specific name fits for each games, in theory it's not a bad idea since it ensures the user can't use a rom that will cause issues on it's own but when they start invalidating roms for a simple name change it starts becoming retarded and when the only way to override is manually building MAME with your own modified romdb it becomes 100% retarded.

If you're unsure of what the fuck you're supposed to do just use MAMEUI and download a romset for the corresponding version.

I ve been using the Mame cores on Retroarch and they have been working nicely for years without those bullshit romdb version changes, i didn't even remember this was a primary cause of frustration until now that you mention it.

It's right after that IIRC. The tiger will fuck you up.

There's one guy working on a RingEdge loader, forgot his name tho

Retroarch or independent emulators?

So is PS2 emulation still shit?

Oh yeah, also
Why do all my screenshots look so fucking fuzzy? I swear it doesn't look this bad in game
On related news the CEMU devs pushed a quick fix for CEMU that is not behind a Patreon paywall that addresses ALL of in-game crashes. I was able to complete 20 shrines and beat Ganon in one sitting without a single crash, so it's all great.

The latest version doesn't work AFAIK. Roll back to an earlier version of BotW, you'll have to download it via WiiU USB Helper

An user claims PCSX2 1.5 can run Ratchet and Clank now with good PC.

Different user here but I can confirm

haven't they fixed compatibility with the latest update yet? i think it's been like 2 months now isn't it?

Noice. What's your setup?

Specs.
I7 4790K
16 GB ram
GTX980

Settings.
It just occurred to me after writing this I was running my emulation entirely off the CPU till now so my GPU did jack shit to this point so these can probobly go much higher
x3 native (I can usually run x6 but because of how R&C loads the game some area's can go to shit quickly)
Minimapping basic (has to at least be basic to work R&C 1 through 3 + deadlocked/Gladiator right)
OpenGL hardware (This is new and seems to fix issues in other games like SMT3 in certain settings making walls transparent)

4U

Thank the Christ.

depends on the emulator and what exactly do you want out of them.

I wanted to get into emulating some older games for the ps2. How would one go about trying to play Shadow Tower abyss with the English translation.

Playing v97 here with no issues aside from some terrible framerates in towns.

download the iso, patch it and then run it in the emulator.
You'll want to use the software renderer for that. The hardware one has a lot of flickering and inaccurate effects.

That boss is just a cheap cunt. Stick with it, it's really not a hard game apart from that arsehole.

Saturn for 2d, DS4 for 3d, arcade stick for MAME.

Use software mode.

Depends on what you're emulating

why does several years have lots of deleted entries? did v got reverted in backup of some mass erasing?

Intel's drivers aren't so bad but then you run into the performance being too shit to run pcsx2 anyway.
AMD's drivers are a real piece of trash they're not even opengl compliant most of the time.

The software renderer and hardware one are developed separately but generally the software one is more accurate because that's it's focus. Use the hardware whenever it works without too much glitching though, it runs faster and you get to use graphical improvements. Put CRC hacks on aggressive unless you're an accurate emulation autist because sometimes they do stuff like remove shitty post FX, if you are use full regardless of pcsx2's recommendation.

Depends on the emulator but generally retroarch has the best version. If you're doing genesis emulation for instance retroarch has the only updated version of gens plus gx which is the best genesis emulator.

Why would you use the same shitty site that deletes your files over and over?

I mean i understand stand why opl can't load ps1 games, it just sucks.

It's the ps2 and having to emulation a ps1 on it is redundant. I'm soo annoyed. lol

It depends on the game. I tried playing dark cloud and it ran it really well, but if you try klonoa 2 you get black boxes.

It's not up to how easily 2d games are, but it's okay. I wouldn't advise you play the game on your first time on emulation.

i've never tried Dos games on a console but they work well on android, and the psp runs gensis games well, and has problems on gameboy games.

I bought the first Drakengard at some game/cards shop for $35 (has everything) but completely forgot that the series had bad localizations.

Should I try emulating it on the PS2 and if so, should I go with the Jap version? I heard some anons say the PS2 emulator doesn't work too well right now.

Also, has anyone been able to run Senran Kagura Burst at all on the this years Citra builds? I got it running in a September build I still have but I get ~10 fps but now all the new builds just give a black screen.

Played Drakengard on PCSX2 recently so here's a few things.
It runs better than on the actual console (no slowdown) but there's a few graphical error you can't fully get rid of, namely some decals will flicker (hard to notice though unless you're autistic about stuff).
Outside of that with the right settings it runs just fine.
You do need the latest nightly and activating the merge sprite hack (it's only been there since a couple month so the stable version won't have it) though or you'll get a pretty nasty visual artifacts when using some magic attacks.

At the very least get the undub, the en voices just don't work well.

Appreciate it user

Honestly I'm assuming the nerds behind ps1 emulation made ps1 roms purposefully complex. You can't just rip a PS1 disc and call it a day you need it in their snowflake format and you need to turn your 1 cd into 300 .bin .img .whateverthefuck files + a cue sheet.

DeSmuME isn't recognizing save files for various, but not all, games. The folders show battery files that are made, but the games aren't loading them. Any idea what's wrong?

I need a psx emulator that is the following:

Just Sonygger shit. Sega emulators are all pretty ready to go out the box

Does any one have that file fix for the mega quota, i saw in a few emulation threads ago? My current fix using the mega downloader and internet downloader manager doesn't work anymore.

For what platform, if it's windows than try Pcsx emuparadise.me/emulators/files/user/Pcsx-1.5-218.zip

There's no fix.
Best you can do is game the achievement system to gain some additional quota.

Appreciate the link, though where do I get the plugins? Is there a handy pack out there?

you lost son

I haven't move the goalpost once. The only emulation that requires a bunch of hoops to jump through to get it working is Sonygger emulation.

Actually the only emulation that requires some hoops to jump through is Amiga, while almost perfect ps1 emulation requires some bios files and properly configured Mednafen or retroarch which takes about 5 min and the proper rom dumps not from emupardise.

If your pc is a below a core 2 duo at 2 ghz without a AMD or Nvidia, then epsxe default plugins with the proper petes 2.9 plugin or the included petes opengl,

If all that fails use pSX.

Anyone know of a way to use DeSmuMe's HQ filters without taking up a stupid amount of the screen?
My resolution is 1366x780, so fairly big, but the stupid filter, due to being 2x the size of the default size, makes half of the bottom screen appear off-screen.

Surely there's a way to apply the HQ filter at 1x.

because it's the only one I know that allows anonymous uploads and I'm too lazy to make an account on ones that don't.

use the desmume core for retroarch then apply shaders as desired

Can anons help?
Trying to playing yakuza on pcsx2 1.4.0 but all fmv has fucked up sound.
my.mixtape.moe/whrtty.mp4
While on 1.5.0 fmv has no sound at all.

Emulation is gay, you'll fags who cant buy hardware.

run it in fullscreen.

Where did you get your ISO from?
Also, get the latest dev build and use the opengl renderer.

emuparadise.
when i said 1.5.0 i meant the latest dev build. and the opengl doesnt change anything.

try the iso from Redump and post a screenshot of your sound settings.

guess the iso i had was busted, iso from redump works. thanks user.

New retard who wants these as well, reupload?

You're beyond helping.

mega.nz/#!9LoUkBYD!BLDIDhur0Rhd5S_bk1mf8GhW8h3bDpPEm_b8L9tdoqE

I managed to get around the Mega download limit by a combination of MegaDownloader and this script, I want to say from the last Share Thread but can't be sure. I'll hopefully get something working when I can either way.