Blizzard banking on nostalgia

Necro in Diablo3; remaking Starcraft1 in HD. Make new stuff, Blizzard!

Other urls found in this thread:

rpboyer15.github.io/sounds-of-the-storm/vo/vo_hero/Chromie/Chromie - Default/ChromieBase_Pissed08.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's what got us Overwatch. No thanks.

/thread

Blizzard doesn't make things at all anymore. Tumblrwatch is literally a gachashit game now only maintained to keep selling boxes to complete fucking retards

I would be fine with this if they actually did half the shit they used to do. like letting people play without an internet connection.

And opening vanilla realms.

What exactly is wrong with Overwatch?

LOL

Valve?

They did make a TF2 clone fairly recently, and that shitty yu gi oh game.

Niggers always talk about games aging and this and that, but we're already in the era where games are being remastered/remade en masse.

Technically if a game hasn't aged well does that mean it wasn't a good game to being with?

Everything.

Please, they haven't had an original idea since The Lost Vikings.

I only want Diablo 2 that natively run at 60 fps tbh.

Even the sexy girls?

Do they need new items to make money? I'd assume between the whales they still have for Wow isnt it still over 5 mill? as well as the overwatch crowd, and hearthstone Blizzard is sitting pretty fucking pretty right now. I don't see them worrying about money for awhile. The only issue I could see is them being creatively bankrupt and having no ideas on the horizon. I think it was around when Titan failed that they legitimately ran out of ideas. Or maybe too scared to do anything without a committee. Might also be why what's his face, mr corruption, decided to leave Blizzard.

remove summerfag

Dunno about you, but I don't find Disney character designs particularly interesting.

You're homosexual.

I'm sorry that I don't like uninspired trash.

I said it before and I'll say it again, fuck blizzard

And to think the next game is probably going to be some free to play shit where you get "holiday weekends" that allow you to play a certain class for two days outside of which you'd have to pay 20 bucks a pop.

I really hope a D4 never comes out

If absolutely nothing else is wrong with overwatch, its greatest sin is demonstrating that even after destroying the development environment of your company through diversity hiring to the point that you are no longer capable of creating a new product, you will still be rewarded by the brand loyal consumerist drones that will happily swallow the garbage you cobble together from wreckage of your failure.

What ever
Going to slam the d3 fem necro

Why the picture of the dyke?

theres lots of stuff to be mad at blizz for but at least they do decent designs

But Chromie is a boy dragon.

and people are still slutmogging in wow

Blizzard seems to play pretty fast and loose with the dragon naming conventions.

I wish I could stop playing Blizzard's ASSFAGGOTS but the sheer ridiculousness of causing so much problems with Blizzard Fizz is too fun.

Cos Blizzard is all about lesbeans now

Well it's still new in a way isnt it?

The only team that was still together since the first day was SC2, and they eventually got split to other games like HotS.

*sc to sc2

Blizzard you can't just set up specific naming conventions then just toss them out a window, it fucking confuses people.

I'd prefer a remake of the original Diablo. They would probably fuck up the art style in some way, but it's still a better shot than trusting them to create something new thats good.

babies first FPS

I'd explain, but the faggot mods ban people for making fun of overwatch so I'll just leave this here

Hope you like hearing about sjw-genderfliud-death bullshit they probably threw into the D3 Necro while the two of you fuck. Hope you don't mind hearing about that shit from a poorly-done, overly-dramatic-tryhard-goth voice.

The original Diablo doesn't need a remake, it's pretty much perfect as is and doesn't rely on online to work

You haven't played it recently, have you? It's hideous. The ground texture and corpses' sprites routinely hinder your ability to actually see dropped loot, especially through walls.

Obviously the gameplay is otherwise fine, but the art, either due to technical limitations of the time or just incompetence, is terrible.

And before your nostalgia goggles fog over and paint your vision pure red, if it gets remade, it shouldn't be 3D. It should stay 2D, all that needs to be fixed is the pukestain art.

wasn't there a source port of D1 on D2's engine ?

And yet the very post I'm quoting says they would obviously fuck up the art if they tried. Bottom line though is it's a graphics issue and we're not supposed to care about graphics here.

well roadhog is worthless now so this doesnt matter anyway, even if it wasnt all old footage.

yfw they remake rock and roll racing

Like clockwork

Yeah they can be pretty bad with that

Considering the sheer YEARS of time one has to spend staring at a character's ass?

I mean… using it on a character in a 10 hour long game is one thing but WoW is another beast entirely.

You can barely even see your character's ass most of the time. It has a far bigger impact as a representation of you to other people. I do it anyway

Listen, if the virgins are dumb enough to give you gold to get tendies over a fucking slutty WoW costume you take the rubes for every penny.

Listen, if the virgins are dumb enough to give you gold to get tendies over a fucking slutty WoW costume you take the rubes for every penny.

There released a nee have every year for the last three years, one of which was a entirely new IP and a of which receive constant content updates

The fact that you don't like them doesn't mean they don't exist.

They've released a new game*
All of which receive*

you are just the enabler

Pretty sure there was shit before it.

There was a nude mod and a pirateable version for dragons dogma a week before it was released. These things happen.

Holla Forums doesn't like popular games.

Like cockwork on your end too, m8. Get some fresh material, especially since there's so much more to be used now that the game is beyond a month old.

Overwatch is shit because, fundamentally, it's designed from the ground up to be a money making e-sports machine rather than a game that develops a passionate, competitive playerbase. The game is designed to be as sterile as safe as possible, with a figurative switchboard of switches and levers to adjust the values of attacks, health, etc on a whim. "A whim" is accurate because the nerfs and buffs rarely take into account the credible feedback of actual diehard players and are moreso done to improve the spectacle of it all as an esport. To artificially keep the game going with some semblance of 'evolution' and 'development care' over letting shit naturally evolve.

The map design is fucking trash right off the bat because of its insanely heavy reliance on chokepoints. Sure, you can get past them with a good team, but that requires you all to make "BIG PLAYS" using your "press Q to do something awesome and hope you get a SICK e-sports style replay at the end of the match" button or be paired against literal shit for brains (which surprise, that's all the people who really play it anymore are). Then there's the entire mess of it being counter-pick focused rather than entirely player skill & preference focused.

Hell, Overwatch is basically trash for the same reason Starcraft 2 and Street Fighter 5 are. Flat out garbage game design choices and elements that are put in place solely to lure suckers in because "YOU CAN BE A PAID AND SPONSORED PRO GAYMUR!" and the retards who watch this shit.

Filtered for being this much of a missed abortion

What the literal fuck are you even talking about, you retard?

I love summer

SJW friendly characters like the lesbian tank.

Yeah but thats every competitive game lately. If its got PVP, its got artificial esport support money being pumped in.

shes waisist to robot so it doesnt count she is a dyke man

nuBlizz realises they can't make good games. Managers tell their devs to repackage their good old games and resell em.

Sounds logical to me. What's the problem? Did you want them to make Warcraft 4: Diversity Edition?

Considering the behaviour of Jay Wilson in relation to Diablo 3. It'd be more like managers get back data from market analysts letting them know the new games are shit and damaging their brand. Managers then mandate their devs repackage and resell their good old games.

Why? Their new stuff is shit.

Is this the fate of all bigger companies ? To rot away whatever small amount of quality they had ?

Are you retarded?

They haven't stoped doing new games at any point

MOBA
overwatch
MTG

Well it was their choice to send the B team to work at WoW, while letting Metzen live his fantasy
It was their own choice to throw their (supposed) A talent on a failed MMO
It was their own choice to fire Blizzard North
It was their own choice to ignore the combined voice of pros and fans
WC3 isn't really dead, they're just holding it to use as hype when they make WoW2

WoW was never good.

But wow isn't dying. At this rate they could squeeze 5 more years of it. Or more.

Blizzard wants to be Nintendo
their fanbase has always been a bunch of braindead zealots masturbating over anything they do
they've got a real shot at becoming Nintendo-tier

certain claims just makes one look underage

I enjoy Overwatch
not really but you know someone will be retarded enough to get triggered anyways

It is competitive try-hard version of TF2 with moba skills.
Economy is gone and hats being taken out of their ass just like TF2 were, like safari Winston.
Characters were made for the sake of "diverse" bullshit cast. They have personalities and nationalities from all around the world but they are as interesting as RTS units. They are few quotes and how they look.
Custom maps and game modes are gone. It is competitive so even bullshit servers like 32 vs 32 are gone.

All of this with having less engaging gameplay than TF2. Holy fuck I remember all the bullshit thing I learned as a Pyro. Stuff like blocking enemy vision with fire, which weapon to use on what enemy. Fucking rocket jumping, shit required practice to work and it was satisfying as fuck when you did it.
Overwatch instead has pressing ult to win.

I knew you faggots were shit at video games, but this is just sad

also, it may be so that you have no taste concerning gameplay
not bad taste, but no taste

READ NIGGA
Well I can also add how TF2 had nearly no hit-scan automatic rifles. All of weapons had a proper way to use them and you have to learn how to use it. Even flame thrower noobs first weapon rewarded you extremely well for pushing rockets in other direction.
Such countering of certain classes is gone in Overwatch and half of characters have weapons that usage comes down to pressing left button and aiming in general direction of enemy.

You wrote about TF2, not overwatch

I wrote what aspects of TF2 are gone in Overwatch. My first post was about comparison between Overwatch and TF2 and why it is inferior.

So you mentioned all of nothing. You're filtered, have a good day.

Blizzard has never made anything new aside from Diablo. Even their console titles brought nothing new. Aside from Diablo, everything they've done was take a gaming genre, steal the best parts of what made that genre game, improve it and polish it for easy consumption and then make it have great looking visuals.

World of Warcraft followed that formula by copying DAOC, EQ and UO. Warcraft followed that formula by copyng Dune. Hell, an argument could even be made to say that Diablo followed the formula by copying Gauntlet and roguelikes.

Second pic is lesbo related?
What a shame.

Diablo was originally going to be a cRPG like NWN, but blizzard said that they wanted it real time, which was much easier than thought to achieve.

Gotta give blizzard credit for that.

Too fucking late, Blizzard

What? You expected me to still be playing your shitty dungeon-crawler that boils down to grindy WoW from a bird's eye view? No fucking thank you.

Added for 15$. Better pay up!

Blizzard never did anything good

Everything that they didnt copy directly from TF2.

Reported. You are illiterate.

…again after d2 lod

They also used to be very good at sound design. And more creators should do this, there is no shame in stealing if you think that you can improve upon the pieces that you stole.

meanwhile path of exile gets 6 new acts for free.

It is also apparently broken and 95% of people play using same build.

If not for stealing we would be stuck with Diablo3. That said I really wish I saw improvements in more games.
From aRPGs alone most of them just follow Diablo 2 formula. I wish there were more games like PoE, with much less MMO desync of course.

That's what diablo 3 is, forced meta because the developers overpower one build and leave everything else in the dust. The set itemization needs to be fixed and they need to add skill points.

I certainly wasn't dissing Blizzard. Or rather, I wasn't dissing Blizzard for the games they made until they started downgrading everything with new releases. WotLK being a huge pile of shit compared to vanilla and TBC, SC2 being a fucking joke and D3 being so bad that even the people behind D2 shit on it publicly.

But ya, Blizzard's artists have been great. The art direction has always been superb for their games. A lot of people don't like Warcraft, or more specifically WoW's graphics, but the cartoony style with very differing visuals between the different races and cities and zones makes the series memorable. Just think of Ziggurats, or Burrows, or Chapels and how distinct they are. Or Trolls, Orcs, Ogres, Goblins, etc.

PoE's desynch has been mostly fixed for a while now. Too bad the gameplay is so fucking bad. Revolves around in perpetually clearing the entire screen of monsters instantly (or in some cases, two screens ahead) with automated defenses and no thought whatsoever involved. It's just a grinding game where you hold down your button and collect loot. I thought the expansion would change the combat to be less retarded, but everything I've seen shows that nothing's changed. Grind maps on autopilot and hope you don't one shot yourself on reflect.

You like the giant shoulders and generic fantasy monsters/buildings?

if ow is so casual how come there is no Holla Forums team winninig the championship and making that sponsorship $$$

The giant shoulder pads went out of control, no questions there. There's also nothing wrong with the way their monsters and buildings are represented. An Orc's an Orc, a dragon's a dragon (except in Skyrim). In any case, the art style wasn't part of my post at all, not sure why you even bring it up. The post was about art DIRECTION.

"Lets just be generic fantasy things" isn't much of an art direction tbqh fam

GW2 has art direction, WoW, not so much.

The generic-ness isn't what makes it great. It's the visually distinct style. Let's take an Orc Burrow or Tower from WC3. They have a rugged, spiky and unrefined appearance. It has the looks of something thrown together rather hastily and crudely, where you get the feeling that its creators are more interested in functionality over form. Then compare that to Human Towers from WC3, where the whole thing is build by brick and mortar, giving it a solid, smooth and refined look. It looks far more grand than the Orcish structures. The clear distinction makes it easier for players to associate the things they see with what they belong to. The Horde is more rag-tag and crude than the Alliance and after playing the game you can tell that "this is a Horde building" and "this is an Alliance building". That's what the art tells you and what "the art tells you" is what art direction is about.

In comparison, GW2's art direction is piss poor. Imagine if a single artist drew 50 images of buildings, 5 of which are based off of Char architecture and 45 which are based off of either original works or copied from other works that have a mechanized-in-fantasy look. Do you think it'd be easy to pick out the GW2 ones? Try the same exercise with Warcraft stuff, especially WC3 and vanilla WoW.

It might have been fixed or not. Problems will be always there if you have semi bad internet and everything can kill you. You will eventually disconnect and lose character. This is actually what hate most in PoE.
On HC there is at least some challenge to it at least before you will just spark your way 2 screens away. On Softcore it just immediately gets boring.

Its artstyle isn't really generic. It was meant to be over the top representation of certain fantasy and medieval tropes. Hence ever growing shoulder pads.
Problems started when they made their artstyle direction more and more cartoony. It made sense to make game graphics more stylized because it allowed worse graphics look better. Now everything looks like a mess.

You do realize they are going to make HD Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3? And if HD Brood War is to go off of they might not fuck it up.

>rpboyer15.github.io/sounds-of-the-storm/vo/vo_hero/Chromie/Chromie - Default/ChromieBase_Pissed08.mp3

Not in the game.

Did they fix the bugs like buttons not registering?

It's a knockoff of a dead 2011 MOBA-FPS fusion game.

*TPS

I'm not sure about broken buttons, their games have the tendency to not be riddled with game breaking bugs.

I was thinking more from the visual point of view. I was watching some trailer for it in 360p on a small viewer thinking it was original footage. Turns out the remake is faithful enough to trick me. /blog