Best PS2 Games?

So, I just picked up a modded fat PS2 and I'm for some suggestions of games to burn for it (PS1 included).
I already have a lot of titles I want to get but I know we have a hivemind approved list floating around somewhere. I'm mostly looking for Japanese games (not weeb shit, Japanese releases that weren't popular here).
This could technically count as an emulation thread, but I want to talk about PS2.

Rogue GalaxyBy far my favorite JRPG ever
Dark Cloud 1&22 is all around better but they're both great
.Hack 1-4
.Hack GU 1-3better than the original series, but it's getting a remaster on PC soon, so might want to wait for that soon
Darkwatchfun FPS game
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII surprisingly a very fun action third person shooter with a little bit of jrpg elements, that no one knows about
Phantasy Star UniverseI know it gets shit from the older fans, but I still love it
Xenosaga 1-3

You might need a stick to get the most out of this one, but it's still one of my favorite fightans.

Oh yeah forgot I had this saved too.

Considering how overly abused the term is, as well as how people seem to be trying to shift the meaning of "weeaboo" to something else (whether intentionally, or unintentionally by not having known what it meant in the first place), you're likely going to have to define what exactly that means to you, as far as people actually recommending games you stand to enjoy. I'm just saying.

I don't know, that's hard to classify. I guess there wasn't much "weeb shit" for the PS2, or even that entire generation.
I like anime artstyles in games, but only when they're done in pixel art.

try rakugaki showtime, the adventures of little ralph and omegaboost for the ps1.

Then you're liable to miss out on some worthwhile stuff. Sixth gen was sadly a bit of a decline for 2D spriting on home consoles, at least in the west, while 3D graphics were pushed ever more.

Are the guy that made that Little Ralph thread a few days back?

no, now I'm sad I missed it. I only really make threads about saturn stuff.

Wild ARMS 3
Katamari Damacy/We

Nigger weeb shit made up like a third of the PS2 library.

So like a faggot you use criteria you don't even know about.
Nigger weebshit was everywhere on PS2, people in this thread are already posting games with weeb/anime tropes.

By weeb shit, I mean full on anime with cute girls and other frivolous bullshit meant for lonely people.
I want real video games.

Well first off, tryhard normalfag posturing belongs on >>>/reddit/

Secondly, there tons of PS2 games that aren't full on weeb but they're pretty damn close.

Well congrats you'll miss out on some great games. But that's the pursuit of the normalfag, status and looks over anything else.

It was just someone posting a video and what seemed like a blurb copypasta'd from somewhere else, and a few comments before it died. Wish I'd asked if it seemed like the sort of game that was apt to work on a PSP as an eboot (I mean, I assume it runs, but how playable it might be is a different matter due to missing buttons).

Didn't know where else to ask it, so I'll ask it here. What is the quality of the Sunsoft Memorial Series? I think about getting them, but I was wondering how they compare to their Famicom versions.

Devil May Cry 1 and 3
Viewtiful Joe
God Hand
Yakuza 1 and 2
Silent Hill 2 and 3
Ace Combat 4, 5, and 0
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne

We're not exactly scraping the bottom of the barrel of obscurity here, but these are all Japanese games you need to have played

Evergrace

So, no one has played any of these?

No, i did only get the Sunsoft collection that was Galaxy Fight and Waku 7

Always triggers my autism when I see this, but good chart nonetheless.

GODHAND!

Kek

Yeah, she kind of wants Kite to pop her dungeon-party cherry. Too bad that she just has to pick a dungeon filled to the brim with data bugs that are annoying enough to take with three at-level party members, never mind two of them having to carry a new player. Thankfully you can tell her to stay put where she is, but even then she's going to die if she gets targeted by (or in range of AoE) spells.

It's also kind of fun to take the learned keyword and make lewd named dungeons with it, like [Dripping Desperate Virgin].

The only idea I can think of is that somehow she wound up entering a field where some other party had already cleaned out the monsters, but then got stuck in a respawn cycle or something that pushed her to the bottom of the dungeon. And being new, she might not have remembered or brought a Sprite Ocarina to escape.