Vidya Hype, a cautionary tale

hype is a poison
there are no exceptions

Over 70% of the completion percentage is just the 900 Korok seeds, no joke.

People who get hyped unironically should be shot in public

I got hyped over skyrim. I never bought a new game on release again.

Is that Kipkiptei? Pretty neat, my dude.

if you only noticed that until after you beat the game, you're part of the problem

What fucking graphics? Cel shaded anime? Are you too young to have PS2 or something?
Are you too fucking young for PS1 games as well?

So you see boys why this is so popular? Why zedla in general so popular? Because thanks to viral marketing it always ends up being baby's first game, each fucking generation.
Remove mark.
Ban nintendo threads immediately.

Gee, OP sure fell for Nintendo's tricks. What a cuck!
Now there's the problem

You realize that I was just showing how easily impressed people are when they get hyped for a game? It's like drugs before you feel the effects of addiction, you know? Don't be such a debbie downer, faggot.

nintendoo is shit, more news at 11

not what I meant

That's because you're a faggot.

How long a life cycle does a game need to have? If you got all the way to the end and had a whole lot of fun with it, is that so bad?

I passed the game with 80 shrines in, yet to obtain all the memories.
So far, it's a 7.8/10
Not the worst, nor the best. It's a good game, but it has a lot of missed potential.
Most likely going to make a "Re/v/iew thread" after this one dies, picking it apart.

Everything else you've said is true and accurate, but..
It would be obnoxious if every single area had it's own weather/temperature based gimmick, but I'd say there's actually a decent amount of variety between the different biomes.. There's just not a lot to do in some of them and way too much to do in others, making it feel like most of the game takes place in one area.

I've never been hyped for a game since 2006. It took me until 2017 to break that cycle.

For what? An arcade fucking baseball game.

Zora Palace was my favorite area in the entire game, big fucking mistake though, since it was also the first area I went to for my first guardian, so my expectations skyrocketed.
I was listening to the Spaniard dub and the mipha story made me cry, the woman who voiced her put so much emotion into her character
Goes to show how awful the English version is

Was it called "Aliens! Go home" or something like that?

Wait, so you had fun the whole way through to the ending of the game, and got bored because you tried going for 100%? That's almost any game with significant post-game content. You finished it, the rest is for flag-collecting autists. Give it a few years and finish it again, don't try to squeeze every single collectable item out of a game you've already beat just because there's a completion counter.

I haven't even played the game and I know this. Loads of open world games have some ridiculous amount of meaningless content for the whales who'll go for it, cause it doesn't cost them much to do it. One of the Spiderman games has over 2000 collectable tokens, and it doesn't even do anything except increase your swing speed. Only an idiot or an obsessive would expect to enjoy going for it.

That's just it, filling a game up with an absurd amount of fluff to make it feel like you've never finished makes the game leave a sour taste in your mouth. Think Skyrim.

i just dont get it with 8/v/. im a nintendo fan through and through due to the amazing games they have made. i have not what nintendo did during the wii u. which i guess is what 8/v/'s bitterness is i guess. but do you guys ever stop complaining that nintendo is on the right track for the switch and suck sony and gabens micro cock for doing what you guys complain??

dear god its like im in a cesspool of a board who complains that gaming is dead but will complain about the only company that has done great games for this year and the next. whenever theydo something thats good. you guys will shit on it. idk why but i guess thats the mentality in Holla Forums, gotta be contrarian and edgy here i guess

More like nintendon't. :^)

Steam is shit and will get you bullied though, there is still some Nintendo talk without as much bullying mainly due to mark

Nice blog post, I absorbed it permanently in my head so I won't have to read it again. It has made a lasting impact on my life.

Super Mega Baseball 2.

It's literally the only game in the past eleven years I actually want as opposed to "oh, I might try that one day if it has a demo or some shit" or whatever.

Fairly sure it's just the same 5 autists that constantly make threads about how bad BOTW is hoping that some faggot will agree with them

I'm glad I don't own this game.

Generally better on Switch. CEMU handles it OK, one way or another. If you didn't notice it while really playing, it's not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be in hindsight.
I'm not sure if this is even true. The only cases where I've felt difficulty 'swings' is when I know I've snuck a bit too deep into the wilderness, and that was early in the game.
Equipment differentiates them, their attacks, and damage, but this bothers me a bit about the game. It's not like most other Zeldas had a huge variety, but I'd have hoped for more regional enemies. If you have a massive map, take advantage of it.
Not even remotely true, but a bit more variety in trees would have been nice.
This shits all over a good chunk of time investment into the game. There are quite a few that are entertaining or interesting, but they aren't crafted enough to really make it worth it to keep playing, so you're left with fetch-and-gather shit in the end.
You're on an anonymous imageboard. You don't have to treat it like a confessional. No need to kneel and hail mary for liking an 'overhyped game'.

Really? Because I see it firing from both sides. Do you remember the autist that kept making threads praising BOTW and discarding all critisims it had, then going deep into the (40)'s, replying to nearly every single post?

It's Japanese Skyrim - huge and devoid of depth. Skyrim was literally the better game as it had gear that lasted longer than 60 seconds, you could place things in the world and do stupid shit with physics, it had mods, the horse wasn't just a burden, the world was far more detailed and the graphics much better despite being 6 years old, and the story/plot wasn't something the fans claim was intentionally shit. BotW had better combat but that doesn't count for much when only Lynels are an interesting fight and you don't even need to fight them. It has the same level autoscaling cancer as Skyrim but most of you probably didn't play it long enough to notice.

Is this copypasta?

BotW was copypasta, yes. You've seen almost everything in the game before leaving the starting area.

Oh neat it wasn't! You've got talent.
It was just ambiguous, exaggerated, and completely unrelated to anything else in the thread for me to think it was copypasta.
Consider finding a full-time career as a professional shitposter.

Then just kill yourself for being a drone.

It really is! I've seen it first hand and it just looks so good.
It runs fine, but it's too early to say it's infinitely better. I've seen screenshots and videos of it running yet it somehow still seems inferior to the switch version, though the framerate is better than the Wii U, I'll give it that.
Let's wait until the "Overclock" feature that dolphin has is implemented into CEMU, then it will run absolutely amazing. I've seen the game run at a steady 30fps on my Wii U sometimes, and it's pretty good, so I can't imagine how good it will run on CEMU at its full potential.

About the CEMU screenshots, they look soft and lack the absolute sharpness I've seen the switch version have, even at supposed 4K, it doesn't look as vibrant and crisp as I expected, once again, because it's early, give it about a year and it will look drastically better. As of right now, it looks like it has thinly slathered Vaseline, even with AA off, future tweaking is a must.

If you have money to burn, definitely buy the switch version, but I assume most switch owners already know that.

I agree, as I own the Wii U version. When it gets really bad is when you go to kakariko village and other similar places, or when you have a shitload of enemies at once.

When I was finishing the trial of the sword, the bokoblins and the silver lynel charged at me with such vigor, the game started to stutter and I swore to fuck it was gonna crash. It didn't, thankfully.
This is the worst case scenario though, the rest isn't that bad. I'd be brave enough to say that the Wii U & Switch versions are identical 90% of the time, sans resolution. The textures are all identical from what I've seen, I'm surprised the switch version doesn't run at 60fps, since the Switch is pretty much the rough equivalent of two Wii U's and an Nvidia Tablet. Time constraints I'm assuming, gotta have games at launch.

Fun fact: When the game detects too much going on at once and CANNOT handle it, it does a safety measure and summons and blood moon, wiping everything after.

It's not, at all. Unless you're a dumbass who thinks you can challenge a fucking Hinox with a Travelers Sword and Basic Arrows, or cheat and get the Ancient Arrows early, and wipe everything in your path.

That was a fucking amazing feeling, and gave me high hopes for the rest of the game. When I encountered my first lynel, I thought I could take it on, and I did, I took it alright, took a fucking beating. The game has really good strength scaling, when I finally challenged a lynel, I felt so good after killing it, because I had the proper equipment. Dopamine rush.

It really, really does. I wouldn't mind more enemies in the icy/desert region other than re-skinned lizals, though, at least they went far enough to give them environment specific powers, like electricity and fire.
Still, new enemies would have been great and given me more of a reason to explore, like molduga for example.

Took the words out of my mouth. I'm blaming time constraints.

I have to disagree here, to an extent. While his claim is not entirely true, his statement does hold up a bit when not including the major areas.
During my playthrough, I went to every important area in the game and saw how it has roughly big 7 themes
-Grass (Hyrule Castle Area)
-Sand & Rock (Gerudo)
-Rainforest & Water (Zora)
-Snow and Wind, I think? (Rito)
-Lava and Crag (Gorons)

Then there are the others
-Bog and Darkness (Smaller Areas)
-Beach (Very minimal area, wish there was more beach)
-Canyon (Walking, Walking Walking…)
-Tundra (Fuck this place)
-Scattered main areas (Everything from above, but to a smaller, less interesting scale)

The main areas are really, really good. Completely different from each other and helped me see them as huge separate entities, it almost felt like I was playing an entirely different game with each place, I haven't had a feeling quite like that since Spyro 3! It was absolute incredible!

Though, when NOT counting those areas, the game feel samey and it's kind of a drag to keep exploring, because you go from empty field, to another empty field, fighting the occasional enemy, sometimes accidentally stumbling upon a shrine, or to find some rare mushrooms, or get a wild horse, and there doesn't seem to be as much care put in these areas compared to the other ones.
I hold my breath, hoping the game gives me something I haven't seen before, but once you beat the main 4 guardians, you've seen it all.
It's still nice and comfy to fuck around and run everywhere, though, in the back of my mind, I keep hoping the game gives me something I haven't seen.

It's as if you have a buffet, and keep the main courses stacked with high quality foods, and have the lower areas with crackers, raisins and other less tasty shit.
If it wasn't for quests making me go to a certain area to fetch something, or find a certain character, then I honestly wouldn't care for them.

There are miscellaneous bits where you get a taste of something new, like the autumn like areas near akkala as well as the boney rock-like areas in the lakes, I just wish they had something more with them, expanding it all further with areas that look memorable for easy remembering and motivation to explore.
They're nice, but some more variety would have been great, as you said yourself, you have such a big area, use it!

You can only do so much with that. Though, the game apparently had a 100$ MILLION fucking budget, so that's absolutely insane. I can't see a game like this having so much poured on it, trial and error I assume. It also uses some of the Havoc engine, so I am further confused.

It does, and I fucking hate it. Padding is the worst that you can do.
Once again. You took the words out of my mouth.

Right? People are so fucking dramatic
Something about groupthink. This game isn't nearly as good as the fanboys say it is, but god fuck, it's not as disaster like the haters say it is either. It's a solid 7.

Gerudo link was a fucking mistake. I hate how the devs enabled faggotry for the sake of "Comedy", you know you bunch of fat old chinks are jerking off to it instead of laughing at the silliness. Fuck off and die.
I'm thinking on making a mod where you replace link with banjo for the fuck of it, I need a better computer first. I don't know exactly why, but I really want to see it happen.

Well then, what I typed is an excellent basis for my review.

Though, I'm going to type MUCH more when I make my thread. 10 posts minimum maybe?

I think MGS V was the last game I got hyped for. It didn't deliver on the hype, but it also wasn't a disappointment.

Snakes ass.

Hey, at least i've got quite good sense about how shit the game is going to be, i knew no man sky will be borefest since first teaser came out even when some people made threads about how cool it sounds in theory.
I've also told people to calm the fuck down back on 4chan when fags started overusing this "doge" meme telling them normalfags will pick it up and they will get butthurt later as such thing happened many times in the past nobody listened

Fuck off shill faggot.

Sorry to tell you this user, but you're just bad. Lynels require almost no gear as they're a pattern boss that you can optionally brute force (as Nintendo realized most Zelda players would be too retarded to do it right). You can beat them to death with a tree branch if you play along with the stun mounting mechanic - there's no durability damage and the damage is fixed.
The fandom for the game is similar to Skyrim's where people new to video games see depth in the shallows.

You really can't beat a FUCKING LYNEL with a tree branch. At least, you can't do it in less than an hout. They're damage sponges and beating a silver (even a white) lynel with a tree branch would take hours, and you'd need more than a dozen of them. Unless you're cherry picking and choosing the weakest red lynel, that would also take time.
Unless you have a video you made to prove me wrong

Lynel fights are more about raw strength than strategy, I do agree about the fighting system being shallow, but you'd have to be a fool to think you can beat a fucking lynel with a branch every time and not get sick to death of it.

Wait, I missed it.
Are you giddings me?
Jesus fucking Christ. My statement about it taking time still stands though.

NO.
You CAN beat them with a motherfucking twig, oh god fucking damn it. In LESS than half an hour too. The thoughest enemy, beaten, with a fucking, twig.
Nintendo fans confirmed retards.

I was being cautiously optimistic too, now I have another reason to keep spiting the fanboys.
Well, you did it user, you further made me knock down the score to a 7.4

Oh, nevermimd. It DOES take 2+ hours to beat. Fuck, I keep going back and forth. 7.8 it stays.

Gay

I don't find myself hyped enough for any game to the point where it blinds my judgement. Only game I can be really excited for are games where it's nearly full proof from fucking up. Which I usually judge by how development is going and what's being broadcasted in interviews. Something like Earth Defense Force 5, for example, is a game I find very hard to believe for them to fuck up.

Last game I had a similar experience to OP was Fire Emblem Awakening.

Simply awful. I saw some of those flaws on the first playthrough but I didn't comprehend how awful it really was.

That thing seems no harder than the average Ys boss or some random encounter with a Berserker in Ninja Gaiden and you would fight 2-4 of them at the same time. The fact you can essentially have such a large window to bullet time it every time you dodge it is kind of insulting. Even if he made it look easy by exploiting the AI, that exploit seems very easy to discover.

The bogs and canyon are really fucking cool, even for smaller 'less-detailed' areas. Stumbling on shrines and shit I never knew was there is also fun. If you check out named locations especially, or places on the map that look special, you'll find something neat nine times out of ten. I took the time to climb that huge-ass mountain near Kakariko just for the view and there was a neat little sword jabbed into it right at the top. Hyrule Field is the only area I would say is "underdone", really.
The only thing that bothers me especially is that they have a game setup fully capable of handling twice as many types of enemies but they didn't really abuse it. Where are my Skulltulas, Darknuts, and Deku Babas? Why can't I find Deku Toads in the bogs, Poe in the canyons, and Dera Zol in the Tundra? If you're integrating the whole world with enemies, big and small, there's a lot of stuff they could have dipped into for variety. Even if they were trying to be more loyal to the original, it had Wall Masters, Tektites, Like-Likes, and Armos (and more). Where are they?

They are, I just wanted to see more of that. When I went to one of the towers, and saw how much bog there was, I knew it was going to be a god damn good challenge.

It was satisfying getting to climb to the top and extracting the rune, same goes to the Akkala tower. I loved that! Though, another question I'd have for them if they DID implement, would be similar to the other empty areas, which is; "Why didn't they do anything with it?"
It was for the best to have it smaller it seems.

I can't speak from experience, that's only happened to me with about 8-9 shrines, the rest I actually had to go out of my way to look for using the shrine detector or a paraglider on top of a tower.

Early in the game, I agree, mine was a 7/10. Those "neat" things are always shit that you've found before though, once you get to the third champion guardian, it becomes more formulatic and the only thing you look forward to at that point is stronger equipment, armor and weapons. I maxed my stamina wheel very early in the game, after beating the second guardian just to explore actually. The shrines are nice because they're optional, if you're good at the game, you don't really need all of them. Once you've found enough, you want to go for the final stretch just to find them all, I have 82 now, I must as well find the 38 others. Fuck the koroks though.

If you're talking about the game early on, then I definitely agree, it was fun as fuck while it lasted.

You know, at the beginning of the game, it really is something, but once you get to the midway point, the entire game turns samey.

This is what I meant when I said "The only thing you look forward to is weapons", my arsenal was always fucking full after getting the Ancient Arrows. What's the point of fighting an enemy later in the game if your weapons are already stronger than they are. The only thing I can see use from that is reaping the goods to cook elixirs and such, but you can just fuck them up with bomb arrows, energy balls and call it a day. "Silver" enemy varieties don't spawn more frequently unless you've already beaten the game!

Let's hope for more during the DLFree 2 pack.

FUCKING RIGHT!?

YOU NAILED IT, HUGE. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. THIS IS A BIG, BIG ISSUE. The worlds are fine for the most part, I can deal, but at least throw me some more crumbs before going for a screeching fucking halt. GIVE me the illusion that I'm doing something new, fighting something new, help me remember every landmark I go on and fucking stamp it onto my long term memory so I can talk about this game for decades to come! So I can catalog nearly every. single. area and describe it with ease!

I'm sick of lizals, fuckoblins and stupid ass obnoxious octorock and PEBBLITS. PEBBLITS. I don't WANT your fucking PEBBLITS, I want NEW enemies who I don't get sick of within the third encounter. 6 extra kinds would have sufficed, they'd be enough for me to be immersed into this world. Then those enemies would have new uses with their items. For example, maybe a "Feather Potion", which makes you lighter and allows you to float higher in your paraglider, we already have strength and haste, why not?

Give me those classic enemies from the first fucking game, those motherfuckers are one of the few things I looked forward to when I went into the "Deeper" areas of the game, I expected tektikes in the mountain, Floormasters inside the guardians (would have been a fucking bitch lmao) but instead got another enemy re-skin with some mini-guardians sprinkles at times.

Speaking of guardians, it would have been a pretty fucking cool idea to have guardian stalkers fuse and make a huge gundam-like protector. Let's say you have multiple guardians hitting you at once, they decide to stop, which gives you time to give yourself space and prepare. The music becomes more ominous and enigmatic, even moreso than it already was, as they start wrapping themselves against each other, meshing together, tightening close and forming a Goliath of a boss.
Call it "Grand Guardian", "Mega Guardian", "Obliterator Guardian", "Militant Guardian" or something else that sounds fucking scary.

You can climb it and hit right in the laser shooter with arrows. Make it one of the hardest bosses of the game and you've got yourself not only a good farmer for guardian scraps, but also a good fucking challenge overall.
Those are things I wished to see implemented in Master Quest. I'll get to this later.

How am I supposed to have that classic Zelda open world feel when you dumbass devs didn't even bother including the few enemies I remember fondly fighting?! Like, fuck guys.

Posting style and overall representation of an "argument" gave it away, user.
Though, that's not to say there aren't any blind fanboys here.

The PC version was better tbh

Did anyone else find the final boss disappointing?

It was just too easy, he had one attack that misses as long as you move, an idiot could defeat it. And it left me with a hollow feeling after beating it. The ending's shit and the build up is a letdown. Climbing the castle was the only interesting part about the fight.

A friend of mine let me play his Switch and I beat the boss with ease. It was the first time I ever used a Switch let alone played BOTW.

Take that as you will.

Doge is still fun, faglord

How about you fuck off? Illiterate retards like you who can't even go five minutes without nigger-tier apoidic abreviations that will blindly defend console gaming and one of the worst companies around need to be shot.
We are happy here as we are, bitter as we may be. If you want to talk about your shitty Nintendo products you can go to literally any other forum to do so.

At least you didn't experience the buyer's remorse that most of the other users had. Breath of the Wild is impossible to complete with every item unlocked unless you get Amiibos that have been discontinued for almost a year. Any other developer-publisher pulling a stunt like that would be hung out to dry.

AHHHHH.
IT STILL LOOKS SOFT.
FUCK YOU. This bothers me more than it should.

Extremely. I did everything in my power to stay away from final boss spoilers (LOL) because I wanted to take it all in, I swore to fuck it was going to have like 4-5 phases. I was ready, I was scared but I had my best weapons, I made a bunch of stat improving lunches, I stocked up on arrows, I had my best gear.
MOTHERFUCKER I WAS READY
Then… p o o f.

Beat him in 10 minutes. I was speechless, I thought I was going to have the time of my life with this son of a bitch, but I didn't, even the "-blight ganon" phases gave me a harder challenge than THE FINAL FUCKING BOSS.
Even if I didn't fix the guardians, even if I went back with the exact same armor, I would have still beaten him easily.
His attack pattern is even more formulatic than the mini-bosses you fight in the over world. You shoot, back the fuck up, shoot, back the fuck up, wait for him to strike then stab.

The pig malice form doesn't look intimidating in the least either. The form before looks fucked up, but his "Final" form looks like a flaming faggot fire neon pig.
You couldn't even climb it. The entire segment was a rehash from the guardian fights, not to mention if you stalled a bit, you'd get an annoying fucking loop that ultimately ruins the moment and it so unfinished. I swear this fucking game is the most unfinished Zelda game I've played ever!

People DID say this is more about the Journey than the end boss. So I deep inside, I wasn't surprised.
Not to mention that hyrule castle wasn't even a journey in itself.

You only shot the guardians, and walked among the rubble.
I understand the feeling they were going for was "Undertaker" and "It's finally time", but Jesus. Couldn't you make the castle a little bigger, to really make me feel miniscule against what was to come?

This reminds me of the picture where ORAS devs refused to include the battle frontier. Maybe they still take Nintendo fans for children and retards.
Yeah, especially since the only thing you get out of it is a fucking star next to your save file. I've yet to obtain all the memories, so I hope something good and NEW happens, or I'm going to be very disappointed! More so I meant.

Huge letdown, like the biggest so far, you were already there and your expectations were big, and this was just another slap in the face.
It was, I wish it was more expansive though. Then again, I used revalis wind to just get the fuck up there. I was hoping to get swatted or something, but it never really happened.

I knew it! It looks great in 60fps!

Be happy, he is dead now.
Have more 60fps zelda, it's not really 60fps as of now, but rather frame interpolation.

Oh, this is goooooooood.

You have a point. Rest in piss ghostpussy.

I swear to FUCKING GOD if they take away your gear and make you do that scavenging shit from the beginning of the base game, I'll be pissed. They better not fuck the new DLC up.

Fuck you. I can prove to you without a shadow of a doubt that all hype is not bullshit.
I can show you 1 game that promised everything that the people who preordered the game were promised. I can show you a game that was not at all wasted hype

You just going to talk shit, or are you going to prove your point with a game that was worth the hype? I KNOW some games live up to expectations, or even exceed them, but I've never heard of any so far.

Nice meme.

wew

I've never actually found someone who outright repeated my experience with Awakening, until now, except for the part where I did my entire run without pairing units up.

Fates (the Conquest path, at least) fixed the problems I had with the map design and game mechanics, but it did a horrible job actually making the experience satisfying. The writing of the main story in particular is just terrible.
There's also overdoing the clever map design, but that's just me insisting on a stupid self-imposed challenge that's a carry-over from my Awakening playthrough

Pretty sure that's just Windows applying some AA to the image on top of the games actual AA implementation. You can disable the games built-in AA with a CEMU graphics plugin. As far as Windows additionally adding AA to .png files its because I'm using Windows 10s built-in screenshot feature until the CEMU devs add their fucking own

He was agreeing with you you dumb fuck.
Learn English.

Marketers are taught to cause both behaviours. The first has you buy a game, the second has you wanting for another.

You will always be drooling cretins, ever unhappy with what they have. Unless you learn to control your impulses and just extract what fun you can from a product, then throw it away with no emotions attached.

This, I came to botw with zero expectations. I don't give a shit about Zelda, and I was decently surprised. I didn't know what I was getting but I had a moderate amount of fun with it, though, it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as I was hoping for after the first guardian.

Damn, can't wait for CEMU devs to improve then. Then we will really see it kick the shit out of the switch, I'm excited for native 60fps+ and decent overall rendering to be added.

Zora guardian quest was objectively better than the stinking shitheap hook nosed sandnigger third world crapshack, naruto ninja ripoffs and tranny link. You'll have a good time scaling the zora mountain due to revalis wind. Though, that may make it boring due to how easily you can scale the mountain now, compared to me, when I started out with nothing.

It actually felt like a staple Zelda adventure, rather than a stupid fucking fetch quest. You go and put your life in the line, scale wet rocks and shit, take out hordes of enemies, including ones you've never seen before (so far), catch some motherfucking fish, and everything flowed so well to the point that I was smiling every time Prince Sidon gave me the "OK!", dopamine was certainly rushing, I was progressing, I was doing this thing!

I was very excited to see, feel and EXPERIENCE what was to come, this is why my expectations began to rise, assuring (more like assuming) the rest of the game would be like this. I thought to myself "Holy shit, those Zelda fanboys may be right. This might be one hell of an adventure"
It gave me a reason use those stat inducing meals, to be careful with my planning, and to absolutely not fuck it up. This similar feeling came to me when I went to scale hyrule castle, which left me disappointed, I explained it somewhat earlier in my posts.

It gave me that good vibe the first zelda gave me, that feeling of victory after overcoming a hurdle, for the first time in the game, I got a taste of what this adventure was REALLY about. I was pumped and hungered for more.
This is why I felt so satisfied after scaling it, to top it all off, I was wide eyed due to how damn beautiful their domain was!

Once I reached that landmark, my expectations soared even higher, I thought to myself "Holy shit, is every important part of the game going to BE like this?" and then you FURTHER scale the mountain to get some shock arrows, on your way there, you take a gander at an extended stretch of Zora's domain, and it's as if you're playing a brand new game, that refreshing differential feeling that really flings its hands at your direction, grabs you and chucks you in.

When you get to summit, everything seems so clear, the rain has given up, and you've obtained a false sense of security, so you climb it like it's no big deal, then the danger is real because there is a fucking Lynel playing security guard.
It was my first time seeing a bitching Lynel, I had three hearts, I didn't think I needed more as of yet, my god was I wrong.
Motherfucker came at me like a god damn freight train, even with my "best" equipment and lunches, my twiggy body was no match for its mighty thrust.

Thanfully, I saved when I encountered it, so I was able to pussy out, come back later after trading the ghost balls for vitality and a few hearts, got the shit kicked out of me again, so I pussied out once more and just went to collect the arrows and left.
The rest is a similar formula to the others.
Meet champion, champion says story, team up with champion, take out corrupt guardian. The end, thank you hero.

I'll get back into why I like the Zora so much in another post. They give you a feeling of tension, they have had character development in a game where that seemed nonexistent. It was a gradual change, and in no way impressive but it did show that whoever wrote that segment knows what he's doing, at least for that bit.

In sandnigger town, everything is ugly and the only reason people excuse it is due to the shitty crossdressing gimmick. The whole damn thing is nothing but bland ass desert with some goodies scattered though because they knew people would hate it without anything else to add.

The only three goods things were molduga, the sandseals and the guardian, simply because it's a fucking guardian. Overall, it is the worst level due the disgusting amount of lazy padding and nothing but "fetch this (gerudo outfit) fetch that! (sand boots) and fetch this too! (gerudo heirloom).
You walk across empty desert, get tired, get sunstroke, drink potion, walk into nothingness again, find shrine, teleport back, walk aimlessly again, talk to ice gerudo lady, she gives nothing (I'm assuming there is an ice mission).
It was my last guardian mission and it didn't flow as well I hoped. It was dry in a near literal sense. An inverted dry zora village.
Dry personality, dry exploration methods (I like the seal though), dry enemies, dry will, dry plain (why you couldn't fall into a secret sinkhole and explore ruins under it is beyond me). Dry dick.
Easily the most generic place in the game, at least the fat goron kid had you do something new with the canon. This is just a copypaste of the guardian chase sequences like the others. Though, I still like it the best, it was the high point for me.

I do agree that the rito were pretty boring compared to the rest, and I love the rito, fucking cool birds! I just really hate how I was forced to go into the snow area, shit was no better than the desert.
Similar to you, we most likely have a bias about the first guardian mission due to the handicaps we had during it, increasing the challenge and our overall enjoyment. I forget to mention the stories of the guardian are pretty samey between all of the chapters.
Though, mipha gave me a good way to end it, due to her healing power, so I could be a bit more reckless now and not fear a game over.

The only one thing I love from the Zelda games are the CD-I cutscenes that brought upon the best sources for making YouTube Poops and the ironic part of that is those games weren't made by Nintendo.

THIS JUST IN
Breath of the Wild's Switch sound files are 48kHz. Which means the soundtracks floating around need to be re-done due to the source being the Wii U, which also means this is the boiling point for audio quality, if the source is also the same I mean, it can be upscaled but as of now, we do not know yet.

Also, Arms is 48khz BFSTM (BFWAV for the main theme and character select), Splatoon 2 is 44khz.

It's definitely a step up the 32kHz, and will also work with the anons using iTunes.

I like you user.

Don't worry, you'll just get to find more korok seeds, bumping them up all the way to 1600 :^)

Why would you be impressed by shitty grafix that would have looked dated 10 years ago?

It's more about "MUH PRITTY ARTSTAYAHHHLLL!!!!" than actual graphics, this game is not that impressive with graphics, nearly everything looks like a watercolored droopy mess. It's like these dense motherfuckers learned NOTHING from SS.
At least wind waker had cartoony aesthetics to go along with it.

BOTW Style looks like a frankestein of an artstyle, it's very apparent especially when climbing bad textured rocks or going next to a dragon. The clash is so very grating to me. It's like they had a bunch of different design teams, then went "Oh shit" at the last minute and slapped everything together.

Learn to read IDs yourself.

"I'm literally shaking right now"

Ah, the fictional game development argument that gaming journalists love. It's like telling you that your opinion is wrong because you're probably a mangina living in your parents basement.

You're one of weak mind

None of what you said is even close to a coherent argument. I'm saying how I see it, a part of the game feels like a mess, and I assume there was some sort of hurry. You don't take away from it.

Nowhere near an argument. Go suck the cock of poor visual design on Tumblr, please.

>___HE_____

HAS NO STYLE

Wow! Heads up, in the second DLC, you are not only going to get yet another maze, but a SHRINE inside the MAZE!
Aren't YOU grateful, fellow gamers?™ It's only another 20$.

I fucking hated going through those in the vanilla games. Now there's ANOTHER one. The comment section of the vid is saying this new DLC was already coded in.

On disc now Switch cartridge DLC. Fucking Christ, how many more shekels do those fuckers want?

It's 20 for all of the DLC together.

It's like we traveled back in time or something.

Three. Counting really isn't your strong suit, is it?

I only knew about 2, fag.

Good! Well, not good, just less worse.

The fact that the map extension is already on the cartridge and the fact that the map FEATURES are already in the game (the hero's path shit) is really infuriating.

Even though you're just spending money to unlock more of the game, it's still only $20 bucks for THREE DLC packs excluding the shitty Amiibos. Again, it's like we traveled back in time.

I don't see why people complain about on-disc DLC in particular in the first place. With proprietary software and DLC there is really no difference whether it is on the disc already or not, except that it might be easier to crack if it's already on the disc.

I'm only mad if I can't pirate it (;

The original excuse for DLC is that the game's contents have to be finalized three months or so before release so disks can be printed, so they spend that time creating "bonus content". On-disk DLC doesn't have that fig leaf.

I did try a No Pair Up Run for that second playthrough. That's when I immediately realized how awful the game was balanced.

I don't know how they could fuck up these plots up so badly. Like how in Awakening, they had that whole arc where that conqueror came in and completely side stepped the original plot. During said plot, Chrome was jealous of the conqueror's power. His ability to rule everything with an iron fist and make people respect him. This theme of power would have been great to foreshadow Chrome betraying everyone to gain absolute power. Using the Fire Emblem to bring back Grima so he could be all powerful. I think that would have made for a much better story. A dynamic where the MC is born with absurd power but refuses to use it to protect what he holds dear, and a man who wishes for that power but can't obtain it without sacrificing everything he holds dear.

There are probably other things I forgot that makes the plot awful or wasted potential. But what makes Fate's plot so awful? And why did they think it was a good idea to have the main sword for the MC to be a chainsaw blade that looks like it was made to torture people?

You are buying a product, charging you full price for it (assuming it's new), and then charging you extra for content that's already on the disc you just purchased. So you're now paying extra for content you should already have access to.

Before this nonsense we had expansion packs. After finishing the game, the developers would create more content. But they had to make enough content to justify people buying it. So expansion packs were usually pretty hefty in content and didn't just feel like an add-on most of the time. They would charge around 15 dollars for content that was about 1/3 the size of the original game. Back then they had to keep up these standard because the video game community didn't consist of a bunch of people who would buy and defend anti-consumer actions. Like paying for online for a service that doesn't even host its on servers for games and instead uses pier to pier connections. The only reason they do this is simply because they can get away with it.

Fast forward to now. Newest Fire Emblem came over here with DLC that was available on the first day and, in total, costs more than the game at full price. For about 1/3 of the content. You are being charged $85 for the whole 3DS game, which would cost $40 at launch. They also did this with Fire Emblem Fates by splitting it into 2 games + 1 big DLC with the excuse "We can't fit it all on 1 cart" despite them doing just that with the limited edition version that had everything in 1 cart. People defended this too with "Each section has almost as much stages than the normal Fire Emblem." without realizing that Radiant Dawn did as well yet that wasn't split into 3 games.

Why should you have access to the content any more than off-disc DLC? Would it be better if they developed the DLC in advance like with on-disc DLC, except hosted it online instead of on the disc? It's functionally the same whether it's hosted online or on-disc, the latter just simplifies the logistics of distributing the DLC.

I feel like the additional badness on top of the game being proprietary comes from the developers looking lazy or greedy for trying to release something so soon as DLC, not because it's on the disc. Nobody pretends you have more control over some software just because you bought it on physical media.

You are buying a license to play the main game. It's like buying a(n overpriced) bundle of two games except you don't have to pay for one of them.

tl;dr The perceived problems with on-disc DLC, at least with proprietary games, does not come from the fact that it's on the disc, but that it is overpriced and low-effort compared to the average normal DLC.

except you don't have to pay for one of them if you don't want to play it*

I think DLC is bad. I think proprietary software is bad. I think the focus on the DLC being on-disc obscures the fact that the badness comes from the game using proprietariness to be lazy and charge lots of money. There is literally nothing worse about on-disc DLC than if you made the same DLC and released it at the same time, except didn't put it on the disc.

Maybe you can find some arguments otherwise?

Also suitable that a proprietaricuck would use a cuckchan mascot

DLC/expansion packs used to be an afterthought or at least started once a game went gold. This also comes into the idea of releasing an unfinished game and then completing it through updates. The point I'm getting at is instead of teams focusing on extra content after putting all their efforts into the game. They take what was put into the main development cycle and charge you for it. Expansion packs were always something done after development because developers were always trying to fit whatever they could during the development cycle. Once a game went gold, then other things such as DLC and expansions were done. What could also happen is the DLC is completing something that wasn't finished in time for the full game but something like that wouldn't be so large. Now removing the content from the disc and simply hosting it online is still scummy, but harder to notice.

That is the product though. I wasn't trying to imply otherwise.

We have to remember why we hate it so much.

That is not just one guy, and the reason for that is that BOTW of objectively great. Only contrarians claim otherwise.

I was so hype for MvC3 I preordered the collector's edition.
Then, eight months later, when they announced Ultimate MvC3, I preordered that one, too.

I have never felt hype since.