Level 1 Themes

I've noticed a lot of games tend to have incredibly sexy songs for the first level of the game, so lets share some. Starting with an obvious choice.

not exactly "level" 1, but the first boss you fight in Digimon World 2 has a kick ass theme, and its just a tutorial boss thats practically impossible to lose at unless you're actively trying to do so on purpose.

Doesn't Silver Surfer let you pick the first stage?

:^)

this one will stay stuck in your head for weeks, but it's still awesome.

Good shit user, feels like someone is fucking my ears, except without the pain and bleeding that would normally cause.

Everything about this tune is perfect.
The call-response theme.
The Accordion stabs.
The brutal bass-line.
The fact that the tune syncs up perfectly with Shantae's idle animation.

This is so fucking good.

Another one of my favorites

pardon the game title

Another one

Sunsoft more than anyone got the most out of the NES and I wish I could say then did the same for NeoGeo, MegaDrive, of Super but nah.

It's from the first dungeon you can enter, I suppose that counts.

Not the kind of song you expect out of a horror survival's first stage, but it's great.

here you go OP.

Most overlooked game in the series imo. 4 being shit and 6 being impossible to emulate for years made most people skip 5 I'd imagine.

Really, all of the first four levels have great tracks.

A lot of games originated with the concept of starting off strong. This is especially true for arcade games where most would not get too far in before running out of tokens.

Not only the first level music, but he first level music from the shareware version.
Also the guy who wrote this soundtrack was actually hired as a helpdesk employee and they only incidentally discovered he could do sick tunes.

More of a "first area" than Level 1, but has the same mentality.

Possibly the same thing, but for many Euro microcomputers, the startup music would be the only piece you'd hear, so you'd need it to be damn good while you're waiting for your tape to load.

Hold your pants

Fuck yes.

Fuck year.

That's really good, i forgot about that one. But never forget the classic.

That entire soundtrack is gold.

The movie game has a good one too.

2nd theme for the first palace dungeon so I guess that counts

Just about busted my nut when I first heard this during the demo version.

This one always makes me dance while playing.

Tim Follin is cheating

Also descent 2 first 4 songs, which are all the songs the game has minus the main menu.

Still not even the best song of the game

This is double cheating, since the game never came out
God damn it

Hearing this when getting into your first fight in-game gives you a sense of what to expect for the rest of the game, and it's all good.

lemme guess, the mountain stage?

I consider them to be among the most important works in the industrial metal subgenre. As far as I remember they're made by cEvin Key of Skinny Puppy fame.

This is a good one from The Last Ninja. Probably the most ambitious game series for the Commodore 64. (The control scheme is atrocious).
Fun fact: The Commodore 64 sound chip is actually a very primitive synthesizer with only 3 channels. This means composers would have to sneak in the percussion among the other tracks if they wanted more than two tracks for melody/rhythm/bass.

Nope. It's "Draw, Pilgrim!"

Anyway, here's another main/1st stage theme from the arcades

That fucking bass, holy shit
Fuck the GBA version of this ost

And his parallel from Playstation
Honestly, while i prefer the PSX soundtrack better as a whole, this can't beat the SNES intro

My brother in arms! I also like the updated version they did.

Another Last Ninja starter track. This time from The Last Ninja 2.
I had this song stuck in my head for a year and could not remember where I heard it before. Turns out it was from a game I played more than 20 years ago.

On the topic of loader tracks. The levels In The Last Ninja series took ages to load so the game had cool loader tracks as well. This one is from the first level as the thread dictates.

I fucking love this song

Love that synth.

Imagine being so avant-garde that the first stage theme keeps playing through the first boss fight to the entire second stage as well.

And aren't there only 2 themes in this game?

Move over, best level 1 coming through

Level 1 engage.

I know this is TECHNICALLY the second level, but the first level its basically the tutorial. The second is the one that pulls you in and never lets go.

Catchy as fuck

Fuck yes. Always loved the music of the first stage of Ketsui.