DOS games

What are your favorite DOS games, user? Do any of them stand up now that you're older?
I've downloaded Electronic Popple! recently. It's a game by a Korean company called ByteShock that closed its doors before releasing another game. It's a beat-'em-up that has only one attack button, but a pretty good attack variety regardless, a wide number of enemies, cool boss battles, a level system, and a really cool electronic hardware-themed world. I recommend it.
Also Micro Machines 2, but you probably know how great that is already.
Does anyone have an Electronic Popple! CD that has the music, by the way? I didn't even realize that it had any until I saw gameplay footage within the past week. None of the downloads spread across the internet have it, though, and I'd prefer to play it as it was originally released.

Other urls found in this thread:

dosgamesarchive.com/download/alpha-man/
mobygames.com/game/dos/alphaman
goodolddownloads.com/
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/fragile-allegiance/
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/dos-games/electronic-popple/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's a Paladin 7

duke nukem 3d
:^)

There was a fighting game for DOS, a really late release I think by Koreans, that had a Nazi character who shoots flaming swastikas as his fireball attack. If anyone knows the name that'd probably be worth posting here.

only a handful of worthwhile DOS games tbh.

>>>/vr/

Stay in your containment board, shithead.

>>>/cuckchan/

Prince of Persia 1 and 2 are great. I remember playing some old version of Wolfenstein 3D where you couldn't even see the guns, just the muzzle flash.

This is Holla Forums, not /vr/. Do you see me spamming cooking threads on fucking Holla Forums? No? Then shut the fuck up.

Fuck, I can't tell if you're serious or just shitposting now.

Heres your last reply for your shitty bait
>>>/cuckchan/

Commander keen is still pretty good. Really, most of the dos games on GOG are quite good.

Fuck off and die from old age already grandpa. There is a reason this trash was forgotten.

Not even going to give you a reply.

^that is not very many good games kiddo. Half of these titles listed are mediocre in fact (Doom, Quake and Build Engine Games withstanding).

Good shit

Nevermind, I found it. It was called Tough Guy and holy shit that one American character.

This one's my favorite. I still replay it every couple years.

tekwar, aces over europe, commander keen, sammy lightfoot, LEISURE SUIT FUCKING LARRRREEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tekwar, aces over europe, commander keen, sammy lightfoot, LEISURE SUIT FUCKING LARRRREEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I miss when DnD games weren't all Forgotten Realms or Forgotten Realms knockoffs.

Crystal Caves and Secret Agent are still a joy to replay every year.
Fuck I miss Apogee

OH SHIT

HEY EVERYONE COME QUICK, THIS NIGGER IS GIVING OUT FREE (YOU)S
GET EM WHILE THEY ARE HOT

its on the list and the rest of the game you mentioned are objectively ass. Especially Wizardry and bards tale you fucking old senile geezer.

OH SHIT

HEY EVERYONE COME QUICK, THIS NIGGER IS GIVING OUT FREE (YOU)S
GET EM WHILE THEY ARE HOT
what the fuck is up with posting right now?

you hopin ip's now?

You have no right to talk about dos games with such shit taste

You seem to like RPGs, so have you tried Veil of Darkness? It's a weird mix of adventure game and action game that kinda plays like a proto-Diablo just without random loot and all that grinding shit.

Love it.

Havent yet, will look into it. Thanks user.

We had this thread a few months ago and came up with a pretty extensive list, dumping some of it.

There's a happening on Holla Forums right now and I'd imagine it's clogging up posting really badly.

Fuck off back to Reddit with faggots like you.

I think you are projecting you bad taste onto others. You are not going to find many who sympathize with your assertion the DOS Wizardry Games are still good.

whats going on, I dont leave this board much

CNN and the ADL doxed some guy on reddit and are blackmailing him into apologizing for making a gif Trump posted on twitter. Everyone is going completely insane over it and trying to find out where CNN employees live.

Forgot to add that they not only doxed him, they not only blackmailed him, but they fucking bragged about it on kikebook. Should've saged the first post but oh well.

Worse, since the lefties are out trying to defend CCN they went ahead and published a story that named Holla Forums as a white supremacist site and source of CNN employee doxing.

I feel like I'm becoming used to the ridiculous shit that happens here. I wonder when we will meme a man to the moon.

ON topic, heres a list I found.

I don't post on Holla Forums, ever. BUT i saw this thread and I had to share with you a little game called alpha-man.

dosgamesarchive.com/download/alpha-man/

This zany post-apocalyptic rouge like is one of the first rouge likes I had ever played, I'm not sure about the date on that thought, thought it was older. I was playing this the first time I saw the movie The Postman on HBO, good times.

Pro-Tip for postman fans only: Use the creators name for a better stat roll. I thought I was the only user who enjoyed the postman.

Wrong alpha man game.

mobygames.com/game/dos/alphaman

I don't know, it seems pretty blue to me

Worse? Thank fuck they didn't call us alt-right. Considering we actually are white supremecists and are not alt-right…

ah, jetpack. got in trouble a lot in high school computer class playing this and dangerous dave. ii only payed the santa version of jetpack, though

I say worse because now we're going to get swamped in garbage posts.
I know we're white supremacists but i dont want everyone to know it

You would be blue too if your desktop was a Tandy PC with a 486DX running windows 3.11

The only saving grace was the addition of floating point calculations to the 486DX for dem sweet sweet mp3s

Tbh im only anti-left. If that means i have to be called a nazi, i will.

I'll jump in and say Thexder. I'm partial to the Windows 95 version since that's what I grew up with, and the first release also wasn't on DOS, but it's a great game nonetheless.

I have seen this image before but I didn't even notice Little Big Adventure. I thought the fully 3D rendered version was the only one.

My favorite DOS game! Have you ever played the sequel? It's buggy and not quite as good but still not bad.

I fucking hate that game so much.

Looks great thanks user

How about this site
goodolddownloads.com/

End your miserable fucking life you goddamned pleb

Anyone replay Blood recently? It's seriously one of the best games I've ever played. I can't believe I passed it over years ago just because I thought it was another bland Doom engine game.

It's the only build engine game that has no weapons I hate.

Im not a fan of the flare gun that much. But blood is probably one of the best fps ever.

I first played it a year ago. It's super fun. Anyone has Get off my train.webm? It's the thing that got me interested into 90s FPSs and I can't find it

The flare gun's alternate fire is pretty cool though. It's like a grenade launcher that only sets people on fire.

Shit, i never tried that.

Oh, and if you're interested in 90's fps, try the turok games. They recently got remastered and you can pirate them easily with gog.

Fire is good

I'd warn anyone going into Turok 1 and 2 because, while the shooting's good and the action is fast paced, the level design is nothing like most shooters back then or even today. There's only like 6 or 7 levels but they're ginormous and you have to search for keys.

I know. I only realized that shit far too late into the game where it stopped being as useful.
I remember I played Turok a bunch of years ago but it was on a N64 emulator and I dropped it for some reason, I'll be giving the GOG release a shot.

Tbh the n64 and old pc port are kinda shit games, but the remaster fixes everything. There was a massive amount of fog that made the game really hard to play.

Yeah, those levels are like 4 or 5 hours long sometimes. Fuck the lair of the blind ones though.

Darklands, Betryal At Krondo, Syyem Shock, Ultima 7, Ultima Underworld, Wizardy, Dark Heart of Uurkl, Tex Murphy Under A Killing Moon, Ravenloft Sthrad's Possession, Shadow of the Comet, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Altantia, Blood, Gabriel Knight 2, Phantasmagoria, Quest for Glory 4. That's just off the top of my head.

I wonder if anyone else played Solar Winds.

Space adventure/shooter. You explore the galaxy powering up your ship and unraveling some kind of plot. You also play as a niggervulcan which is a bit of a turn-off.

Meh, it's rather tame from what I recall. The Snow White substitute and her orgy with dwarves (gnomes?) was the most 'hardcore' of the whole game.

Was it better than Frontier: Elite 2?

It was a choice between gif, bmp and tif, I guess. Nobody used jpg or png at the time.

theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/fragile-allegiance/

Great resource for DOS and early Windows games.

Knights of Xentar was actually a surprisingly decent RPG on top of all the hentai. Took a little getting used to the battle system (which was basically Half Minute Hero but years earlier), but once you got the hang of how to manage it, it was pretty good.

And the translation was… interesting. By today's standards it would probably be considered absolute cancer, as they did a complete Samurai Pizza Cats, throwing out the entire original script and replacing it with nonstop jokes, some of which were really rather good. It's just a shame the English dub was so bad; none of the voice actors had the delivery worthy of lines such as "Yes! Confuse me with your throbbing intellect!" or the goddess' blessing of "may your pockets be full of protection!"

And the cutscene graphics hold up really well. Anime looked so good back in the late 80's/early 90's. It's a shame Japan apparently forgot how to do that.

Thexder was great. The sequel was even better. I'm really grateful to Sierra for bringing over all those Japanese PC titles - mostly Game Arts ones, but also Falcom's Sorcerian, which was amazing.

Was that the one where you had to fly to different coordinates and it ended with you getting some warp drive?

I completed Death Gate the other day and really enjoyed it. It's a great point and click game, thought it's a bit short.

Not gonna lie, the main reason I made this thread was to hopefully find a full rip of the original Popple CD. Can anyone help?

Yeah, I beat Wake of the Ravager, too, but it's quite literally the buggiest game I've played in my life. I had to keep loads of backup saves because important pathways and NPCs would randomly disappear. Can't get enough of the Dark Sun setting, though, it's too bad TRS/WotC abandoned it.

I checked all the private games trackers I'm not, but no luck. Sorry, user.

theisozone.com/downloads/pc/dos-games/electronic-popple/

tried this?

Carpet riding FPS with a vast variety of spells and possibilities to terraform areas
monopolize Mana and hunt other Carpet riding NPCs for spells 'n shit
I think the first part got released on the PSX at some point

I have Dark Sun: Shattered Lands and Dark Sun: Wake of The Ravager on original CD. Got them off of eBay years ago. The story, AI characters, and dialog writing of both games were incredible. Those were the days, and they will never come again.

oh shit, that's the same engine as populous the beginning!

I gotta try this out

There's also an expansion pack with more of the same, and the sequel has slightly better graphics and more complex mission objectives. I believe the expansion is integrated into the PS1 release.

Personally, I'd love to see a spiritual successor that adds the city building elements of ActRaiser, and maybe the combat of Zone of the Enders.

OMF was breddy great. Best menu theme. Milano + Jaguar best combination.

The author behind Boppin' is a fascinating clusterfuck of insanity. You wouldn't expect a 50 year old tranny who writes horse cartoon fanfiction and who is stuck in the same 90s time loop like EWS and the Space Jam website to have been behind it.

Every time I read anything about Boppin', I hear it in Ross's voice.

Thanks, but that either that isn't it or I cannot into computer. I can get sound just fine, but no music.

Care to guide me through your steps of installation?

I don't really remember which one I'm using now, but I've tried both downloading a complete install and installing by downloading a CD rip and mounting it with WinCDEmu. Then run DOSBox, mount the game directory as C:\, mount the emulated CD as D:\ (tried all the options it suggests in 'intro', none of them helped) and run POPPLE.EXE. It crashes if I have nothing mounted as a CD, it runs with sound but no music if I mount the Popple CD as a CD drive, and it runs fine but has no sound at all if I mount anything else.

this is how its supposed to sound right?

Sounds right to me.

imgmount c [insert path to image here]\Electronic_Popple_Gamepia_Edition.cuemount d [insert path to game file here]d:popple

Create a new configuration file and add that shit to the autoexec part of it then create a shortcut of dosbox and run that config file through the shortcut by editing its parameters.

Could not extract drive geometry from image.
Use parameter -size bps,spc, hpc,cyl to specify the geometry.
All four of those options mount the CD but then the game can't find a CD-ROM drive

fug, i am retard
Those are HDD parameters, what it wanted was -t cdrom
It's working now, user always delivers.

you want -t iso but if -t cdrom works for you great.

Pathetic.

Pleb.

Oh man, how I miss those SSI games! I've been replaying War Wind recently, and while the user interface and pathfinding are absolute garbage, I really wish this series had been fleshed out and not died in the second game.

They made some great gems. I loved Entomorph as well, interesting game world they made. I liked the whole "turn into bugs and other shit" mechanic. Was that optional? I sort of vaguely remember not turning into that green monster thing (or was it the bee?) in one playthrough, but I don't remember finishing it that time, so maybe I just fucked the order of the game and ended in an unfinishable state.

And on that note, I loved old ass RTS's with questionable gameplay elements.

Blood & Magic was another favorite of mine.

Y'all fucked up.