Mgs Big Boss's Hair

Why does he wear his hair long wouldn't a military buzz cut be better for him out in the field?

‘70s = mullet

Its because Snake is Kurt Russell.

Snake is just a super hobo.
And hobos never cut their hair.

But the Boss is not so much a military man as a terrorist in the making.

Military buzz is mostly for hygienic purposes, which wouldn't be much of an issue for someone who operates in the field alone.

He's nuclear and wild. The guy's burning up inside, you think he gives a shit about a hair cut?

Because it looks cool and we want our game characters to look cool

More like it looks gay and (((we))) want our game characters to look gay.
I'm on to you.

Long hair is detrimental to martial arts, mostly. Giving your opponent something to grab and yank your head around with is what's generally known as a first and last mistake.
If you're supposed to sneak around and not letting anyone be aware of you until your knife is on their throat, who cares as long as it doesn't impede your vision.

nucular

Because Snake is an amalgamation of these 2 characters, with an extra dash of samurai thrown in.

Because he's already a demon.

The reason why soldiers got buzz cuts was to prevent lice from spreading. I'm sure it's also a mental thing.

Old special forces trick. You look like something you aren't, like a trucker or longshoreman.
If you look like your life's greatest duty was to become the ultimate soldier, covered in medals and glory while looking like an old '40s G.I. Joe toy, then you stand out.

ITT: OP IS TOO YOUNG TO KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE PAST

Quit falling for the Hollywood meme

In a video game about a private military with nuclear weapons lead by a guy with a vape-cigar and a magic mechanical hand who fights a dude that can fly and shoot fire out of his body and a giant nuke lauching robot in the 1970s, you are complain about the accuracy of his hair cut?

What about strong independent womyn who don't need no man?

Because he's Big Boss and can do whatever he wants.

He's CIA
The army and it's rules can go suck dicks

You should take us back to the past