Legitimate criticism of japanese vidya

Lately I've been noticing an increase in negative sentiment towards japanese games, and not from the perpetually offended ideologues and pseudo-intellectuals we're so familiar with, but right here, in this tibetan basket weaving newsgroup.

Now, are there any actual things the japanese game industry is fucking up nowadays in regards to design, gameplay, usage of their IPs or any other element that affects the quality of their products? Or am I just being baited hard by contrarians trashing weeb shit?

I'm not fond of the belief that "all western game development is bad and all japanese game development is good" the former are really trying hard to be as bad as possible though, but I would like to know if there's more anons who share this sentiment.

t. weeaboo

Not enough harem routes.

The ports to PC are getting better. That's been my only complaint for some time.

There's an entire host of things wrong with this statement, but let's start off easy.

it's a meme

i think the only problems i've ever had with nip games outside of their often completely retarded names were their weird obsession with creating the dumbest, gayest-looking characters of all time, and also a huge dependence on extremely long and drawn-out custscenes overly packed with exposition (xenosaga's half-hour cutscenes come to mind)

You can blame fujoshit for that. Women ruin everything.

- I would mention that they are really trying hard to pander to the waifu crowd to the point of losing the focus of what made the original series great like SMT and Fire Emblem.
- The publishers should finish their games like MGSV, FFXV, and SFV instead of hyping them like the second coming of jesus and completely failing to deliver
- Even though they are loved some are kinda tedious like dynasty warriors, senran kagura, and EDF

they shouldn't try to pander to them

No he means fujoshit are literally on the dev teams in those games. It's not pandering, the final fantasy team just has enough women in it for that to happen.

AAA development is shit on both sides of the Pacific.

…..oh

moonrune user here
I love me some weebshit vidya but there are a couple issues that occasionally get on my nerves (focusing on JRPGs since that's my groove):

Japanese devs are legendary at squeezing as much as they can out of consoles, but since the PC gaming market in Japan is historically secondary to console, devs consequently have much less experience working with those types of machines. cue lackluster options and poorly-adapted UI, framedrops up the yin-yang, and a slew of graphical, performance, and sometimes even gameplay issues (e.g. Vanquish's damage issue)
guys like IF/IFI have certainly gotten better at it, but PC ports of Japanese console games don't tend to go smoothly, at least immediately after launch

Japan has some strange attraction to plots that make you wrack your brain as you slog through incomplete information, foggy backstory, and the like. at best it can be cerebral, at worst it's 2deep4u. i get that many games are designed to be played and replayed so that you understand it later on, but not knowing what's happening 80% through your first (and potentially only) playthrough is a major turn-off

US-developed games have an obsession with simply-designed pick-up-and-play experiences that while shallow let you instantly jump into the meat of the game. Japanese games often expect you to be invested in the long-term, pouring several to dozens of hours into a game. don't get me wrong, hitting the sweet spot of a long-burner with deeper mechanics has certainly more payoff, but I feel like it also unintentionally punishes players with limited and sporadic schedules for gametime, who can only fit in an hour here or there, or leave a game and come back to it a few weeks later. that's why I like features like Pokemon's "wait what the fuck did I do last time I played" rerun that plays each time you load up your save.

The thing about Japanese games is that they usually have great gameolay but a story that is cringeworthy at best and gamedropping at worst. You can talk shit about western devs and how they can't nake fun games but at least they aren't cog-driven yellow bucktooth rats who have zero humanity left, which shows when they just simply cannot resist putting the exact same five characters in every fucking game with varying amount of zippers.
And let's not forget the Japanese favorite,

haha holy shit the gurl makes food thats bad and everybody eats it and they get sick but they pretend they like it hahahaha pinnacle of humor

Dem fucking troll niggas.

Jap games are finally moving to PC and eroge/VN are getting localized more and more.

Emulators are also better by the minutes.

Shit's going fine, fam.

Not enough lolis and fanservice.

I wish this had remained a fan thing because JAST and Sekai work at nigger speed.

Maybe they're trying to tell us something?

I was actually thinking of Final Fantasy and the Tales Of games, but thank you for proving my point. Not even those with their lips firmly sewn to Jap assholes can tell the difference anymore. How embarrassing for you.

You don't have to lie to make your point, user.

Can you literally fuck the god of Abraham to death with a giant green dick in any Western game? Checkmate.

90% of the time, yes. People should start ignoring that kind of posts as whitenoise because that's all they are.
For the other 10%, you do have some legit criticism, but if you want it can be reduced to "they don't appeal to me".

Japanese Vydia is either it's own niche and quite hard and enjoyable (Ninja Gaiden, DMC) or it's really fucking easy but takes ungodly amounts of time to compete (pretty much every single JRPG ever).
This has mostly to do with the japanese audience being mostly casuals that don't have that much money or time to get invested into vydia so an RPG that you can play 1-2 hours per day for the next 6 months with a plot that is exposed not unlike an episode of anime? That's perfect for them.
Just to put it into perspective, japs are going crazy with Skyrim because to them it's pretty hardcore. That's how casual they are about that shit.

This seems like an overdrawn way of saying "japanese vydia is too easy!" but I honestly don't mind, not all games need to be hard. The problem is that they choose to make up for it in terrible ways. MMOs and RPGs always have incredibly slow starts to give the illusion of growth since the mechanics you use are never gonna change that much. Most games also have long overdrawn stories and cutscenes to fill the game with something, even if there's little relation with gameplay.

An example of this would be Xenogear, where your character is some kind of deaf-mute that just tags along and the story is mostly about the other characters with little to no reason for your character to be present except as wish-fullfillment for an escape fantasy.

An even better example would be the Nepgear games, where you have a story about the characters going around doing their stuff but the gameplay is mostly grinding. It's never too hard unless you're underleveled and the answer is always "grind more" since gitgud only gets you so far.
If you go play those games for an actual RPG, you're gonna hate it. If you're gonna play it to see cute girls grinding and having fun together, it's a blast.

In sum, there's valid criticism that can be made, but if you like slice-of-life stories, you don't want to put too much effort into a game and just want a time sink, they are not bad games at all.

This is not unique to japanese games.

Otaku entering the industry and pandering other otaku.who usually have shit tastes, creating a vortex where every year more shovelware and pandering is produced. See what happened to Fire Emblem, for example. The same shit has been happening to anime since production companies and studios rather hire cheap just-out-of-school otaku to produce easily digestible and merchandisable moeshit than spend money on veterans in the industry.

He's not wrong. That's the trend of jrpgs now. What's sad is that the concept sounds great on paper but then the devs go full retard and pander to the lowest common person in japan. Take the persona 4 dancing game, the concept and backstory sounded fine for essentially a project diva clone and it still didn't break lore surprisingly. The problem came when any of the characters spoke then it all fell apart. It all comes down to a weak jap script combined with a liberal translator.

Fire Emblem was always a waifu game though. Choosing your bride and having children with her was a thing since the SNES era.

So, they're pandering to the audience that makes them money? Because they're the ones keeping the anime industry alive.

This. Also, goons and the likes would rather side with SJWs then anyone they perceive as a weeb.

My only complaint with japanese games is their lack of localizations to things that would sell fine in the states

like PSO2

I sometimes call the Japanese shit I enjoy weeb trash out of self hatred. I feel that Japanese culture and my obsession with questionably aged anime girls is the one thing that stands in the way of me being a righteous Christian man, minus the belief part. I don't think I'll ever be able to convince myself that there's a god.

It's true it's keeping them financed but that doesn't absolve them of being criticized for having the same cliches or problems that they create

Like finds like. Leftists are subhuman, so it's only natural goons would look upon them as kindred spirits.

That's a little unfair though. Sure, a lot of anime is just moeshit, but what medium doesn't suffer from the fact that 90% of what gets produced is either godawful or mediocre?

Nowadays I certainly watch more anime than TV, because even the most moeshit moeshit is preferable to the pozzed filth the Jews blast at the gentiles through the kiketube.

Anime suffers from the same shit every other medium suffers and I just don't get why Anime specifically gets called out.

only a theory but it could be because anime fans are generally a bit louder and more annoying than the normalfags who eat up (((Netflix original show))) or whatever. i mean, i have a neighbor I hang out with pretty often who does virtually nothing but watch TV, and for whatever reason only talks about this latest episode of whatever, or OH MAN YOU GOTTA SEE THIS FIGHT SCENE FROM RWBY ISN'T SHE SO HOT LOOK AT THAT SCYTHE. he doesn't do that shit with sense 8 or whatever other garbage he watches, only the anime

Does anyone have a webm of his Catherine review? He just complained about the anime aesthetics for about five minutes and barely even touched the gameplay.

Maybe I haven't been around enough anime fans but every normalfaggot I know will not shut the fuck up about TWD, Game of Thrones, real housewives shit, survivor and all those talent/singing shows. Maybe I just haven't experienced an annoying anime fan yet.

Legitimate criticism?
Some of the games look cheaply made and are rough around the edges. Some of them need more development time to be truly great.

from western journos sure, because japanese devs don't cater to western journos, nor do they pay for the banner ads on western journos websites. so that makes japanese games an easy low hanging fruit that won't fight back when you gotta virtue signal about how much you hate game characters with breasts

Most are cheaply made with small dev teams and small budgets. Not saying that makes them good, it's just something I wish the west would experiment with more. I'd like to see publishers invest into smaller teams and crank out more games.

coon

West games have sameface too, that's the entire reason you get called a goon.

At this point goon is shorthand for moron since not arr anime characters rook same you fucking goon, everything will look the same to you if you have no experience with the subject in question

true. But this is a conversation about the flaws with japanese stuff on a mongolian basket weaving board so there is definitely tons of focus on anime which seems unfair.

That reminds me, when I saw the trailer for the power rangers movie and transformers movie, I thought it was completely stupid but my friends thought it was the coolest shit. I kinda get my action fix from anime or videogames so I don't see the reason to ever watch it but for my friends who never watch anime and lost interest in videogames, it's like something they've never seen before.

Obviously it depends on the company and publisher, but since western devs are taken over for normalfaggozation and sjw kike propaganda, there are currently more good games than bad ones being made in japan. Before 2007 i would say both western and japanese games were on par. There is nothing wrong with legit criticism, however most of the time an user shits on japs and weebs, it turns out to be a goon or other trash.

Japanese writing is abysmal 90 % of the time

That user's theory that most people on the planet are soulless NPCs rings truer and truer every new day.

Thus Western writing is better

Better to succeed one out of ten times than to never succeed at all.

I don't have it.

This might be weird to say this but I think that he might be genuinely racist. He starts his Heavy Rain review talking about how he loves French culture and basically admitted that he only gave the game a chance because David Cage is French or working with a French team. He proceed to give a softball review of it ending with saying that it is OK but overrated. He also adds how he thinks manga stole from French comics because it isn't like he reviewing a video game or something (inb4 joke about Heavy Rain being a movie).

If we're talking about video games then all writing is terrible. There is not a single exception.

I'm saying it's he hasn't had a fix of action.

If you have never really watched or invested in shounen anime, would you not be interesting in stuff like power rangers or transformers?

Japan could easily put more effort into their stories. they choose to be shit 90% of the time

90% is too low. Good Japanese writing as in the actual dialog and characterization does not exist. There is no example of well "written" nip media. The stories can be fun, labyrinthine or emotional, but the actual writing is always bad without fail, it's a fundamental flaw with thier language.

Okay.

I can just watch the old cartoons or indulge in any of the vastly superior super sentai shows the Nips have got going.

Japs tend to put out more decent games on average nowadays, much more so than western devs.
But to say that everything coming out of Japan is perfect would be akin to sucking their asshole.

Look at shit like the late Final Fantasy games.

This is a huge problem.
Terrible, drawn-out dialogue is also a common issue.

Ok what jap games have in common?
Anime and jRPG elements like grind.
Ok anime tropes apply selectively to games and you cannot just shit on artstyle alone.
jRPG elements also apply selectively and the most prominent one being grind is also not enough to shit on the game. It is abusing combat without any story. Combat in a game is good grind is good, it need to be judged on specific game.

On thing I will have to agree is: but this is problem with gaming as whole. Japs are even doing better job here. Jap have 80% of games with shit writing, rest of the world have 95% of games with shit writing.
WHY THE FUCK WE CANNOT HIRE A GOOD WRITERS GOD DAMN THIS INDUSTRY.
Every major game is story based nowadays and nearly all of them have uninteresting stories. I just want them to port Nier on PC.

Why gives a fuck about proper percentage?
Truth is shit tone of them are shit, that is what matters.

I'm more annoyed with wishy-washy protagonists that seem incapable of committing themselves to what they're doing or overcoming their daddy issues. Then again, Japan has also given us the Yakuza games so there's that.

Well technically shit is reversed for them, twinks are seen as traditional masculine and buff men are seen as faggy. Than not an excuse though.

I think that the increase in goon tier behavior has risen equally with an increase in legitimate weeaboo garbage eaters. almost as if post quality in general has dropped Every jap game gets a pass now because muh tits or muh based japs, even when it's shallow as fuck, see that one RPG with the breast expansion and granblue.

I do think Japan does produce more worthwhile games than the west right now, considering most of what I play is jap, but in my opinion jap media is best when it's not anime. Shit like dark souls, yakuza, EDF, etc.

>that (((pattern)))

Blame leftists for bringing standards down all across the board.

here's a better version
I still don't know how the fuck this shit works, it's magic

Don't get me started.
There are so many legitimately good games with half decent stories that suffer from this.
This would not be such a problem if it happened once, or maybe twice at most in a game. But it's much more often and it is in nearly EVERY bloody game.
It's also worth noting that mostly male characters seem to suffer from this.

They really love that shit for some reason.

In general:
-Overly cinematic.
-Stagnant character archetypes and story telling.
-Unrealistic combat in the worst possible way (no attempt at internal consistency). Asian games share this with nearly other Asian medium, i.e. kung fu movies where everyone is flying around. It's absurd.
-Turn based.
-Fan service.
-Very little meaningful difference between art styles/direction.

Obviously this excepts games that were designed for or otherwise became popular in the west in general, which avoid at least some of these.

The male characters are made to reflect Japanese men. Have you seen young Japanese men these days?

It's really odd, it seems like that doesn't happen with really young characters in JRPGs. Like, child protagonists. For some reason, many of them seem rather decisive, if stupid.

I think it's because there is this belief the audience should be able to project themselves onto a protagonist. I guess no one told them that the vast majority of men aren't completely emasculated little faggots that can't stop whining.

These games are made with the Japanese men in mind.

Yeah, but then you have characters like Naruto or Deku that while flawed, do tend to go GAR when required. It's this weird dichotomy. I think it's them pandering to the lowest common denominator, in this case the most pathetic, cucked, self-loathing cowards they can find.

I wonder how /a/ would respond to this thread

They put little effort into making decent PC ports. Bandai namco aside, many of them are way too easy. Really some of them suffer the same problems that plague AAA and mobile. Pandering to the lowest common denominator is cancer

I don't think the majority the men that play these games are that pathetic. I get there's a certain sterotype going around for Japanese men, but then you have other mediums depicting protagonists that are way, way more masculine and decisive than the betacucks.

I am pretty sure it is some .gif bullshitery. That said I don't really know anything about how .gif format works.
I know it can be somehow saved as other formats.

Please our /a/ is on live support. Most /a/ people are already here.

sure
No different from the west
Its called rule of cool
You sound like a fun person.
subjective.
not inherently bad, again subjective
What exactly are you implying here? That those games are better because they are popular in the west? Or that they became popular because they were better in the first place?
So all jap games should strive to be more western to be better? Am I understanding you correctly here?

-Turn based.
-Fan service.
How are these flaws? Are you gay on top of being retarded?

We pretty much need more Guts, Kamina, Kenshiro or Rance style protagonists.

Well for fan service it often times can ruin the tone of an otherwise good game, or is frequently used to cover up the faults of the game and push shovelware.

I'd throw my firstborn on a pyre for every harem anime to get a GAR as fuck protagonist that wants to hoard all the woman for himself.

Faggot.

This isn't a flaw. Realism is boring
Not a flaw. Turn based is a mixed bag. Some are very well done and some are shit. It's just all over the place. Sounds like you just dislike the genre.
Sometimes it goes overboard but not every game with fanservice suffers for having fanservice.
Everything else is a valid complain but the west suffers from those too.

Have you played Captive Market?

Notice how weebs always try to deflect any criticism? Pointing out that many jap protagonists look like a scene kid you'd see in hot topic or that japs tend to slap RPG mechanics onto games that don't really benefit from having them isn't an endorsement of Skyrim.

Weebs will harp on and on about the west, but will then deflect a criticism about japan with, "The west does it too!" without even thinking about the implications of that statement.

Justing from Grandia comes to mind.
Maybe Luke from Tales of the Abyss, but I haven't played either in years.
What I do remember is that Luke is extremely faggy the first half of the game, but then shit happens and he realises how much he sucks dick and decides to turn his life around.
That's probably the most character development that I've ever seen in a game too.

Not really.
What are they like, user?

It's a huge flaw and any game that has characters made specifically so one could project onto them will see its quality suffer.

Like said, it can really mess with the mood and the general atmosphere.
Valkyria Chronicles has a bit of this.

Even overly cinematic might not be a flaw.
Lets assume most games are story based right now. This means you will play most games only once or in different way. This in turn make cinematic into some kind of reward for beating a boss. Especially when we are talking about action games.
Same for gameplay alone. Flashy cinematic stuff can be good indicator of what is happening in game like distance of your attacks.

Make an argument anytime nigger. I like my fan service when done right, but there places it doesn't belong.

Noone in this thread is deflecting criticism, in fact we're agreeing that some of this shit is bad. Read the fucking thread.

It belongs everywhere if done right.

Realism can be boring, unless the scale of such a conflict makes the marginally exceptional man a hero. We're talking DnD vs GURPs, in one you become demigods, in another 5 faggots with clubs can take out the greatest swordsman in history who would destroy any other man in single combat.

Realism isn't boring if it is used to legitimize threat toward the protagonists. Those guards are no longer bloodbags waiting to pop they actually matter. Tension can be maintained more consistently and villains are more legitimate. It also prevents power level wankery.

No it does not. Having fan service in a game like stalker or fear would completely fuck up the tone. Stop thinking with your dick you 13 year old.

another huge flaw in japanese games
CANT FUCK THE MILF
and Kawakami is still on the young adult side and is older than she looks, I don't even count her

Just put a bunch of strippres and prostitutes in logical locations.

No.

What are women doing in the zone retard?

What they do everywhere else, whoring themselves for money.

Making money being prostitutes.

It worked for metro

Making good money being prostitutes.

It's disturbing that the best girl loses.
Who the fuck care about a boring baker of dubious descent?

What were they thinking?

rub dog shit in your eyes, weeaboo trash
I did enjoy Demons Souls and Dragon's Crown though

Don't forget omega mc male protagonists with zero defining features who suffers a complete psychotic breakdown and spergout like insane person at the mere sight of something resembling a female, or my personal favorite, violently abusive female sidekick that physically beats up the male mc just because she feels like it.
I wish we one day get something resembling normal human beings in both jap vidya and anime.

Hence why harem ending is the best ending. Everyone gets to be happy.

Still manlier than Koreans and Chinese.

It was ok in metro. The strippers didn't really do anything for me because they fit the style of everything else in the game, dark and grimy.

Oh yes, doesn't Valkyria Revolution have the same problem?
Can someone post the not-Selvaria antagonist?

I can't really criticize the japanese industry as a whole like I can the western industry. Largely the problems games face in Japan is on an individual basis. For example, you can't find disgaea's grind in nier automata, and you can't find nier automata's fucked up difficulty curve in nioh.

Those exist, you merely chose to ignore their existence.
Not every series is a shounen and not every jap game is a JRPG with a teen protag.

They're not gay, they're just East Asian.

What do you think women are doing?

Why the fuck not? The western industry is composed of different studios and publishers just like the eastern ones, and western games all have different problems just like eastern ones.

I did, dumbfuck. My post is also talking about discussions about japanese games on this board as a whole.

Next you'll say there are male elves.

the western industry faces clear cut issues that affect numerous studios that the japanese don't, largely ones that come with bowing to social pressure, over-compensative play testing. Just a few examples. Japanese games definitely maintain a developers touch as opposed to being homogenized as much as western game development has been.

The truth is that all elves are beautiful girls who can get pregnant from anything and only ever give birth to daughters.

Isn't it highly possible that we're only getting the best out of Japan, and what's terrible is kept there, out of sight and out of reach by language barriers?

It is different from the west in the sense that their stagnant archetypes and story telling are alien, not emergent.
It's trashy and one of the main reasons Asian media isn't successful in the West beyond being memes.
Tactical nihilism. Turn based games remove/control a degree of freedom in the game play.
Ignoring context. The fan base is mostly people whose pathological tastes shouldn't be catered to, and which turn people who do not share them off the game. Nothing is "inherently" bad if you take away context. Japanese fan service is ruining all their media except in the opinions of the mentally ill who are being served.
That games which avoid these points generally do better in the West. I acknowledge my own identity hence frame of reference, so I'd say they are better games. Pretending qualitative metrics can be separate from perspective is pretty boring.

We're still getting a mixed bag, and now that monster hunter is getting raped my opinions on eastern devs are tanking.

they actually keep quite a few good games there. I'm stunned Sakuna is getting released in the west.

FTFY

I would say that is starting to happen already with techmo refusing physical sales in the west for DOAX3 and FFXV battle system being dumbed down. Also SFV did both with censoring the butt slap and having a completely fucked meta

I don't think it's anything to do with gifs at all. I think it's a trick of blending two images together in such a way that the compressed resolution image looks entirely different than when it is at its full resolution. I'm not exactly sure how it works. I suspect it has something to do with the way images are modified when they are shrunk. Obviously they must be changed in some way to accomplish this. I think it takes some average color values from groups of pixels, to approximately display the image in a smaller size, or something like that.

I guess that's more accurate, thanks.

Sakuna's been on my list for a year now, I'm glad it's getting a western release.
Honestly playing games like Ace of Seafood and Ultimate Knight I have 0 qualms getting these obscure indie jap games.

Because you say so?

You mean their target audience? Why don't you just entertain yourself with something more wholesome?

Liking women is a mental illness?
Or are you implying liking 2d is?
Where do you think you are?

despite what was being said, there is some legitimacy to the claims about doax3 not getting a physical release due to the unpopularity of the previous installment. That combined with the environment in the west (which is a western problem, is it not?) likely justified the withholding of the release.

comiket is the best time of the year for me. best times, rather. I usually make the threads showing off the trailer compilations.

I could be wrong though. I'm just speculating.

You're that user huh? Thanks for all your shilling.

Opinion.
That doesn't make turn based bad. I feel like more games should limit the player. We have too many empty games that allow total freedom and just fall flat because they have no content. It's pretty obvious you just hate the genre
Why are you here when you just want to be at church?
Because the West has shit taste, just a different kind of shit taste from eastern consumers.

That is bullshit.
Right now everything is available online and if it is good it will get basic translations.

This is how worked and there is one thing that negates that. At least until someone will actually use google.
In both pictures are same resolution after and before opening it.

Behaviors which result in or are otherwise associated with social isolation, no relationships, and not reproducing are mental illnesses. Liking 2D to the exclusion of other aspects of human life is mental illness.
Everything is, and this isn't a magic word to delegitimize statements. To state the domain of the opinion: most Westerners.
It does in the sense that it limits a way in which skill can be expressed.
O.K.
Non-sequitur.
Compartmentalization is not puritanism. Why are you here when you want to be on exhentai?
What this boils down to is recognizing that the Bell curve is ubiquitous, and agreeing with my statement that Asian tastes are external to Western tastes.

Yeah, that one is quite odd… The image is too clear. It might use some kind of gif-related trick.

That's because you're applying certain criticism to a certain part of the industry while that criticism is much better suited to the industry as a whole. The whole town has got problems, it's not a problem unique to anyone and pretending otherwise means your perspective is either incredibly narrow or biased. Of course it will come off as if the Japanese can't write for shit when you consume Japanese media exclusively. But that doesn't mean shit when the same thing applies to the other side of the hemisphere, or at least the Western equivalent thereof. Someone who mostly watches anime will tell you it's declining, much like someone who mostly watches cartoons will tell you it's declining. What you call deflected criticism is actually what I just stated above, as what you 'criticize' is mostly universal, what everyone just reminded you.

Moreover, I don't get your unhealthy obsession with outing people as weebs on an anonymous imageboard, or trying to label groups on an anonymous imageboard to begin with. It's the most pointless endeavor possible given that (almost) everyone here is anonymous which reduces identification to something as fickle as behavior, especially on a steppe horse appreciation board where pretending is a meme. What you are trying to do is tantamount to either sowing seeds of disorder and distrust by trying to blame everything bad on an invisible group who walks amongst us for shits 'n giggles, or trying to deflect blame from the West much like you accuse us of deflecting criticism of Japan. However, I've been here long enough to know better and am able to tell you are merely a grade-A neanderthal who's doing the former, and quite frankly you can suck my salty cum-tipped dick, you fucking clown.

You just proved yourself wrong user.

More or less what I wanted to say.
Its ridiculous to criticize the Japanese industry for things that affect both.

You should never pre label your games before even looking them up and or playing them. Don't know what a game is going to be like? check a quick gameplay video no commentary. There, done. I have never played a game recommended by Holla Forums anons. Just do your own research. As Japanese games, the last one I played was the Dark Souls series. It was alright. One thing u have to remember OP is that "chans" came from Japan, so this so called weebshit trash will always be here, no matter what happens. I even hated it on old cuckchan Holla Forums back in 2008ish. Just dont take it too seriously.

Are you fucking retarded? All this tl;dr and its pretty much just a long dragged out "but they do it too!"

This is an awful argument. The west's target audience is casuals and SJWs, but do we accept that and just move on? No, we call the games trash for it and hope they make something we like next time.

It's calling out your hypocrisy. Most of the complaints about japanese games exist in western games but for some reason japanese games are worse? Fuck off with that bullshit.

More or less. If something is worth liking, there will be person liking enough to translate it.
You will miss many small games but not majority or decent stuff. Alternatively jap-learning thread is nearly always there.

Liking fanservice or even being a complete waifufag is not comparable to being a casual or an SJW.
Any game with attractive female characters in it can have fan-service in some capacity, and for the most part thats all it is, elements. Unless we are talking about underage pantsu quest type games, which never pretend to be anything else.
The west however always doubles down.
If the game is catered to casuals, like DmC for example, there is nothing a hardcore player can with it, advanced game mechanics are stripped in favor of "press x to win" type garbage.
The same thing with SJW politics, the vast majority of politics in western games, if present, is leftist, specifically the hard left "muslims are our best friends" type of politics.
No narrative can survive the assault of SJW politics, no matter what story is being told, its going to be tainted by it.
You cant possibly think fanservice and the like is seriously ruining japanese games the same way the west is ruining theirs, those things are simply of different caliber.

There's also the ever incorigible flat chests getting angry and jealous of girls with big breasts and making a tantrum about it but i think it doesnt happen as much in vidya

Japan makes good games. America makes nothing but shit. Really, this is factual. The people that disagree are either actual kikes or retarded American nationalists trying to defend their (more Jewish than) Jewish culture. They essentially have no real alternative to offer. Maybe butchered versions of Japanese games? Is that their alternative?

Not even once has any of (((them))) been able to name all those great games that (((America))) supposedly has been making, because there are none. It's all consumerist trash with no substance, trying to be just like their movies, but a little bit interactive. Of course, they also look like you would except. Gotta have that typical American shit look.

Europe doesn't make video games that much at this point, so I won't even talk about it. Regardless, the entire world is Americanized as fuck, so it barely even matters. Japan has the advantage of still being a little bit isolationist, culturally, so they can still make something good, even though they don't make the ridiculous amount of good games that they used to make, and Nintendo has been complete garbage since the Wii came out, then even worse after the Wii U, then intolerable after the Switch (and they mostly make baby games anyway).

There is a difference between playing/liking a game from a Japanese dev and being a mongoloid weeaboo.

One is a refined person with good taste in vidya the other is a mouthbreathing subhuman with too much estrogen in their bloodstream.
Come to know the difference it just might save your life.

Shit gameplay. The Japanese can do everything but gameplay. 99% of JRPG's have absolute trash gameplay.

Nice bait.

Just because one target audience is worse than another does not excuse the other. While it's true that it's easier to ignore tits than WE WUZ, Japan also has casuals that bog games down when pandered to. Think of akiba's trip, the first two games were great beat em ups with fan service that was well implemented, but the third game eschewed all of that in favor of turn based JRPG combat with waifus to appeal to mindless otaku.

not today
WEABOO
drop your friendship crystals and start making some critiques

A lot of tbs games really don't add in new mechanics or change the meta from traditional games like FF or DQ

Didn't the game bomb though?

Also forgot to add, the original user's argument of "just go play something else, you aren't the target audience" is still bad regardless of how much the audience ruins the game.

Did it? I fucking hope so.

The biggest issue with most nip games is production quality. But for some reason the funnest nip games have low production quality and big aaa nip games often are less fun.

Weebshit has always been shit to anyone that wasn't a turbo autist that browses imageboards and collects anime figurines.

You're doing at least one of those things right now

Name a recent american game thats even worth a pirate. inb4 indieshit and pixelshit

I'm not saying everyone that is a turbo autist collecting anime figurines and browsing Holla Forums likes japanese games. I'm saying only weebs play non-AAA gook games.

Killer Instinct

Allah forgive me if I ever decide to put a smidget of effort in my post instead of pushing one-liner garbage out as fast as possible in order to achieve my maximum (You) mining efficiency, only for my post to be blatantly misunderstood and strawmanned. Just look at this fucking garbage you put out:

Oh prease G.I. Joe, highlight the part in my previous post where I said Japanese games in particular are absolvable of any kind of criticism for being Japanese.
Why the fuck shouldn't you? Who deserves special treatment in this day and age?
Are you being dense on purpose, or do you have that much trouble with reading? Here, let me spell it out for you in easy-to-read big red text:

IT'S NOT OKAY IF ANYONE DOES IT
ASSIGNING THE BLAME TO ONE PART OF THE PROBLEM IS GOING THE WRONG WAY ABOUT IT

That's literally the whole goddamn point, it doesn't even fucking matter who is doing it or who did it first and you're a fucking child if you believe that kind of fingerpointing will get you anywhere. You tell me what the hell criticizing the Japanese video game industry for a problem applicable to the video game industry as a whole is supposed to accomplish. It doesn't fucking matter if the West does it too or if Japan does it too, what matters is that it is still fucking happening and shouldn't be in the first place. I honestly refuse to believe you are this much of a short-sighted moron, and I sincerely hope that you didn't use tl;dr as an excuse to not read shit because you're not used to reading posts whose size exceeds the halfchan character limit, yet still try to seriously respond to me.

Are Mark's goons still filtering "I belong on 4chan, please feed me the brown pill"?

Yeah, you're hopeless kid.

Lol, looks like they are

Didn't I say that Nintendo makes baby games and has been shit since the Wii? Also, nice list of NEW GAMES there.

Probably shouldn't bring up old games, because you can bring up maybe a few dozens of those, but there are thousands of good Japanese games, if you want to go there. Japan has been producing way less than they used to, and America has been producing pretty much nothing that isn't shit. Maybe one indie game here and there that didn't turn out to be a scam, or complete shit.

I would rather not bring up old games just to be nice. And because listing 500 games in one post would take a long time and it still wouldn't be that many of them. Maybe it would be easier for you to just learn about video games and get to know more than 10 of them.

Kirby 64 is definitely shit, but the rest are good.

Soooo… am i the only one who plays both western and japanese vidya?
I don't like being neither a full weeb who hates his own culture or a total westcuck who wants to bomb japan a third time for producing a bunch of crappy cartoons.

Im pretty sure most people do that, the extremes are always the most loud.

It was only done (the best) in FE4 because it was integral to the gameplay, but it was reintroduced in Awakening and Fates.

I imagine everyone is like this.

I play both, I just think japanese games are in a slightly better spot but they're tanking hard. After Monster Hunter World reveal I just have so little faith in either side. I'm just living in constant disappointment. Pretty much been playing indies from both sides recently.

Weeb stuff is good, but my main gripes is that it's formulaic and bare bones like Pokemon and Dynasty Warriors. They can do a lot more with their mechanics, but they seem to take a step backwards or their tiny toes further.

What are you even implying?
Pixelshit is worth pirating? Or that its worth paying for?
Or that you cant read?

Kkinda grasping at straws there user. Xb1 exclusive unremarkable fighting game…

:^)

I play both but I hate myself for loving Eastern games and media. At some point I'll probably go full west.

Things I don't really like that tend to dominate Japanese games (RPGs especially, since these are mostly plot/story/character/writing related).

I think these characters are just a fucking nuisance and I swear to god every single RPG has had the "Aww look at the little girl isn't she cute?" "Aww the little girl doesn't know how (thing) works, that's so cute." "Aww the little girl loves her onii-chan and loves everyone in the whole world and believes everyone in the whole world is a good person. She's so innocent." "What, the little girl was injured? We must destroy whoever did this." series of events. It just drives me up the wall with how cliched and outright frustrating it is when the story says "Alright, enough serious time. You need to take your prescribed heartwarming pills."

I'm not saying every villain needs to be grey morality that I can sympathize with, but 90% of the scenes with these types of characters is just five minutes of "Evilman, you are evil!" "Haha yes, I am evil!" "Evilman, you did this evil thing!" "Haha yes, I did that evil thing." "Evilman, you are so evil!" "Haha, I also did this other evil thing!" "Evilman, you must be stopped!" "Haha you cannot stand against me for I am a god!"

>Characters that just don't stop fucking talking.
This is a problem in Western games too, but Japanese games crank this up to 11 by stating and restating things several times within a single scene. "I am your wife now, which means I can't be an accountant." "My wife, you cannot be an accountant any more because you are my wife. And because you are my wife, it means that your ability to be an accountant is no more, because you are now my wife and can no longer be an accountant." Stupid shit like this where we got the point ten minutes ago but they need to make absolutely certain that we get it.

I recently played Persona 5. There's a politician that looks, sounds, and acts exactly like the villain from the first scene of the game, and you meet him maybe 10 hours in. 90 hours later, the big reveal is that he was actually evil the entire time, and he was actually the evil guy from the beginning of the game. The problem is that every single 'mystery' in the game is solved through common sense more than anything else, yet the game is constantly trying to pull veils of mystery over everything. Contradictions are practically neon signs with how obvious they are, yet the game carries on in the hopes that maybe the player didn't notice. They also like to drop lots and lots of 'hints' along the way, but these 'hints' are more akin to "Wait a minute, that card". Halfway into the game you don't even need to see evidence to figure out what's going to happen next because the writers use the exact same formula for every 'surprise' in the game.

It'd be very difficult to stick to just one market.

I'll fight you nigger.

I play games that interest me. Western games have been disappointing lately. The last western game i have enjoyed was rayman legends i think. Though ive been meaning to play hollow knight.

Can anyone name a good recent 3D western game?

I prefer the cashout and cancel mechanics to any other system out there. Skullgirls got to a place like that by accident, KI did it on purpose.

They are both shit, because in the last decade AAA devs of both sides started pandering more and more to the lowest common denominator of their audiences:

Western devs pander to casual dudebros who just want to feel BADASS with the press of a button and play games that you can pick up easily and put down anytime.

Eastern devs pander to casual otakus who just want to MASTURBATE to the fapbait characters and require the press of two buttons.

80% of visual novels use stock sounds. Especially the porn ones.

What are you talking about?

I am no Kirby expert, so I didn't see anything wrong with it when I played it. Being able to combine two different abilities was damn cool. I completed that game. Did everything.

I actually want to know that. Heard people say bad things about the game before.

I play both. The are way more good Japanese games, though. The west has some quality, but Japan also has quantity, so that's why they dominate most of my time. I would play more western games, but there simply aren't that many of them that are any good.

Because of that, as far as western games go, I mostly play the old ones. Fortunately, good western games tend to never get old. I could probably play just Diablo and Doom for the rest of my life. Hell, I could also do that with the Hotline Miamis, if you want something more recent. The Turricans as well. Really like those games.

There are really good European games, but they seem to become less and less common over time. Barely even exist at this point. People lost to drive and ability to create. It's depressing.

Anyway, you should hate your own current year culture, because there is nothing to like about it. We have been pretty much dominated by American Jewish consumption culture. It's the entertainment equivalent of shoving fast food down your throat until your heart explodes. Actual white culture is mostly in the past, and that's is there you should drag it from, because fuck the present.

I think Japan might completely go to shit as well, because their corporate world seems to have some interest in cucking and jewing their own country to death. Pretty sure that their government will try to ruin them with immigration as well "because of the low birthrates", even though Japan is overpopulated as fuck and really needed this decline in population (and a little bit of natural selection always helps).

As far as games go, Japan has already made so much that it doesn't matter that they don't make that many games anymore. There is way more out there than you can possibly play before you die of old age. And the variety is ridiculous. And the Japanese have a good sense of aesthetics.

The Jap villian is never an enemy who opposes your philosophy, race, empire, or you personally. He always wants to destroy the world, often with the retarded idea that you can end suffering by murdering the shit out of everything. That is what I hate the most vs over the top western villains. Chaos in Warhammer drives its followers insane and makes them into universally destructive dicks or makes them think Chaos is the means to elevate humanity to a higher state where everyone becomes an uberman or dies trying. They don't couch their slaughter in some faggy nihilistic moralism, if they want to kill every fucker and make a pyramid out of skull then they just do it.

I've never seen a jap villain who wants to rule the world or conquer everything for the same reason Alexander or Napoleon did, because he can. Nor do they even take that jap premise and use it as a front for their megalomania, claiming to conquer(not destroy) the world so that they can forge an empire that will last a thousand years and thus ensure peace for a time. Whether they want that or it is just a cloak for their true motivations doesn't matter, that simply notion of conquering the known world never seems to come up its always some stupid suicidal shit.

Daily reminder that M$ is in deep shit, so they're revving up the anti-japanese rethoric in gaming media.

Very generalized, but regardless, that would be because nobody plays video games for the story. Most of the time, the story is only there because not having one would be strange.

Most games everywhere will always have generic plots because that is not the point of a video game. That is what books are for. Making a fun game is not that difficult, as far as creativity goes. Making a story that hasn't been made before, on the other hand, is pretty much impossible.

Video games aren't supposed to be art. If you want high art, why the fuck would you look for it in a video game? Video games are supposed to be challenging and entertaining. Everything else is complete optional.

Games are not sports, but they are more like sports than they are like art. Hell, the people making them generally aren't very cultured either, so they should keep what they think is art as far away from their games as possible.

Adding real world shit to your game, especially, is certainly going to ruin it (especially here). In fact, current American games ALWAYS try to do all of that, and fail miserably, and the games aren't fun, because the people making them don't give a shit about fun.

A final point would be that classical writing is full of simple narratives that could be considered generic (because they are just that eternal). I think Japan is still better at making stories than Americans. American game developers really just want to make movies, and you can see that very clearly in what they make. Of course, American movies are complete trash, so that doesn't help.

The short version of my argument would be "go read a book, you fucking nigger". You can have art in your video games, but it generally doesn't go all that well, especially nowadays, because that is not what games are about. Also, video games are not art, and trying to change that just ruins them completely.

This so much. I kind of liked FE4 because most of the villians were good characters being manipulated by other people who wanted to make the world better. Their intentions were good, their methods were not.

But that's not an RPG.
And the point of the game is to live great real hystorical events while adding a fantasy sub-plot/conspiracy.

They put the same thing on the loli rpg that wasnt bad. Just generic as fuck.

The what?

The problem with the generic "good vs evil" outlook is that it produces a political camp that shares those ideals, like SJWs.

The reason why communities like Neogaf act the way they do is because they're trained to think in a black and white way. They think that anyone that isn't progressive is being evil for the sake of being evil. That ends up with them beating up Trump voters in a university and bombing gas stations.

whats the source on that webm?

Keep in mind normalfags will always outnumber us 50 to 1. That's something I learned all the way back as a kid.

neoFAG is what it is because most people want to conform and belong. That's normal human behavior. Whether you're on neogaf or /pol the end result is the same. No dissenting opinions allowed or you will be marked as an outsider and a threat.

Most people play nice. It's actually remarkably difficult for a person to be truly individual because it goes against DNA.

wrong
the generic "good vs evil" is a old as time itself , it has existed and will continue to do so. The problem isn't even neofags or any other group that tries to occupy the role of the 'good guy" making everyone else the "bad guy" by default since those have always existed too , the problem mainly lies with the developers or the creators of these mediums when they are perfectly willing to prostrate themselves and compromise their initial vision for sake of brownie points and muh PR when the narrative falls even near the ballpark of their own beliefs but not when it doesn't
Remember the same developers that had zero problems when Jack Thompson was getting his ideas scrutinised, mocked and ridiculed by their own fanbase and even on occasion chimned in themselves on the fun where also the ones throwing a hissy fit turning on their audience or being "neutral" when a certain jew with a plaid shirt and a set of mamaries and a twist on Jack Thompson's "somebody please think about the children" narrative made an accusation of "muh harasment". And mind you it was exactly that, just an accusation nothing more

For some reason even after all these years now it still hasn't clicked with these developers that there simply is no pleasing these people

In an extinction event only the hardcore will survive. Drop the nukes now, let natural selection sort it all out.

forgot to add
For some reason even after all these years now it still hasn't clicked with these developers that there simply is no pleasing these people ,japanese developers though don't seem to suffer from this issue though that's why for the most part even their most generic of the games they make are still standing well above their western counterparts these days

They're starting to make internal decisions based on western audiences though.

as i said for the most part , it's hardly something new but the entropy has not yet reached the kind of critical mass it has in the west where every release , with very few exceptions , suffers from it

user…

Some of them, and all to disastrous results, both at home and abroad. All they're doing is proving to extremely conservative corporate culture of Japan that pandering to the West leads nowhere and actively alienates costumers.

I get that, I just don't want it to spread. As I've stated before in the thread, Capcom is making some really bad decisions and I just fear it's going to propagate. I really want either Monster Hunter World to be less shit than it looks, or for Capcom to finally tank and everyone learns a lesson.

it dont matter

It doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong, the question at hand could even transcend morality and concern the simple desire for survival, but the moment you try to unite a tribe against a common foe, a witch-hunt mindset will be enforced no matter what because it's the simplest mindset possible and the simplest way to make sense of complex problems. The obvious problem with that is that it's intellectually dishonest and breeds narrow simple-minded people who lead their offspring with the same flawed example. With all these unspoken rules you must conform to to not be considered an outsider, it's easy for a tribe to eat its own for not conforming without hesitation, without second thought, and without remorse.

It's such an unnecessary cancer, we're clearly capable of appointing targets without narrowing our own personal perspective, yet group mentality tends to overwhelm the individual. Curiosity and the willingness to entertain foreign ideas has become a taboo in favor of keeping up appearances. Because we know so little we seek comfort in simple solutions. There's no reason it has to be like this, but not everyone is that distant to look at things from an outsider's perspective and avoid getting emotionally invested in the most recent issues.

Anime related

Now that I stop and reflect on it, Japan has been producing some really playable shit lately. Zelda & MGS both come to mind. So, よくがんばった、日本人。
JRPGs died a long time ago, though. They were only really any good when they were emulating CRPGs anyway. FF7 ruined the entire genre of JRPG
seriously though fuck the 中国人 see attached

reminder that tencent also has a stake in Smite for those of you stupid enough to be playing it.

Leftists and Jews need to be exterminated. It's as simple as it gets.

muh nigga.

said every eternal fence sitter ever

And then what? Then what? What were all those grandfathers promised before they gave their lives for their countries? PTSD? Is everything unicorns and roses afterwards? What are your plans for the long term? Once the socialist revolution blows over, how do you go about implementing it?

I think you're misconstruing my post here

christ.

For god's fucking sake man, I have to carefully word my posts so as to not get constantly smugly dismissed with a single one-liner post line, analyze yourself and please answer me seriously

Then there's no more problems in the world. Fuck off to Holla Forums and wait for your train ticket.

Don't bother arguing with people who boil it down to "kill all lefties" or muh fenceshitters.

Then who's gonna fill up that power vacuum?

You forgot
And this shit isn't even reserved to JRPGs. The japanese simply recycle everything when it comes to stories and character design, at least the gameplay feels somewhat more complex than current western games.

The only criticism of japanese games I've seen stems from bad localizations, which is not the original developer's fault and more of a western industry problem.

Haha, you stupid commie, the white man will and then he'll treat all the white people below him with care and respect because everyone knows people in power always treat their subjects well if they're the same race as them. :^)

Sometimes it's their fault because they allow it to happen and don't give a shit.

And then the fence shitter wonders why, regardless of who wins, he is always the first hanging from a noose.

Why would they give a shit? Japanese are xenophobic as fuck and I'd imagine most don't care how their games perform outside Japan. Localization is a publisher decision to garner more profits by releasing to a wider audience, the developers only care about giving a game to glorious nippon.

I'm not a fan of the cartoony artstyle. Neither do i think they are particulary interesting, like most japanese-stuff it feels soulless.

You asked why they're to blame sometimes. Them not caring doesn't take away the fact they allow for (((localization))) to happen.

I don't get it, please explain. If you were to remove every single jew, nigger, and feminist, who would fill the positions of power the jews owned? Moreover, what institutions are in place to prevent the new candidates from abusing their power much like the jews did, and how do you rationalize the extermination of an entire race for future generations? And more importantly, how do you maintain that rationalization of extermination and how do you maintain your own newfound position of power and keep it safe from infighting?

If nip devs had a choice they probably wouldn't release to the west at all.

People that aren't Jews, niggers and Marxists. user, I get you're an imbecile but try to use whatever shreds of intellect you have.

The fact they're not Jews.

Jews asked for it.

There's no more Jews to subvert and corrupt society.

Japanese videogames have dumbass tropes that appear over and over just like American videogames. I think autists hating on japan is a classic case of pot and kettle. That being said katanas look cool but they suck in comparison to the sabre and rapier.

also:
lol nope fuck off weeb

don't blame me if your first 10 words or so render everything you say after that obsolete
lern2d-b8gud

The writing is shit but the other thing that really gets to me is how fucking squeaky and high pitched the women are in the games. It fucking hurts my ears listening to them.

>>>/apng/

He'll treat them a sight better than an alien and hostile ethnic group. The person you responded to is also keenly aware of what the logical conclusion of the ideology he's probing is, but is playing the game of demanding a plan that spans a thousand years into the future, then demanding to know any number of fine details of that plan, until eventually he finds something to seize upon as the fatal flaw. The whole process is misdirection from the actual topic being discussed.

The idea that Europeans are worth preserving as a group is the topic, which is a position that only needs to be argued due to decades of brainwashing. What does that entail? Nothing more or less than it entails for any other group of animals: elimination of other groups competing for the same resources. How would we go about that in practice? By a thousand different plans drawn up by experts and actions carried out by professionals that are in line with the overarching goal and account for any new developments.

Currently, the most pressing threats to our continued existence as a group are Jews, traitors, and their various pets. These are all problems that are easily fixed by physical removal. Again, the arguments against this will take the form of calling into question how practical this is, or how it would be done, and again, this is irrelevant, because it does nothing to address whether or not this should be a goal in itself.

Will reaching the goal of the ideology be the end of struggle? No more than killing the last cave lion and wiping out most of the wolves in Europe did. Will it be a peaceful utopia where everyone treats everyone else well? No more than it is for the lion who drives the hyenas from his domain only to be later deposed by another roaming male. Nobody is saying it will. The promise is only that it will take care of the problems raised.

If I want good rpgs, squad based tiktaks and strategies I have no choice but to stay west.

thas sum gud b8

That doesn't seem very well-thought-out, nor related to video games.

Simple fact of the matter is that jap games aren't perfect, and while just about everyone can deal with it because it's still better than the cancers common in the western industry, you have extremely autistic demographics who either think that Jap games are perfect and anyone who criticizes them is a censorious ass, and the dumb fuckers who believed the former and got so burned by even the slightest imperfection they've written them off entirely.
There's also some political agitators hopped up on smug superiority, but those faggots are everywhere.

That plot point in persona 5 wasnt meant for you but for the protagonist as hes too fucking dumb to realize it for some reason at the start

Would you kill off korean, chinese, Irish, middle eastern people afterwards?
How far left leaning could a governemnt be until they should be killed off?
What about people who rule under theocracies?

My question is how are you going to stop people from genociding once the genociding starts? How will you avoid mob rule from coming in and killing who they want (innocen people who aren't jews, niggers, or marxists) and making new targets? Judaism is also a religion, you could point at any person for being a jew and they get killed in your scenario

What you list are big problems that need to be dealt with but what about the after affects

and as I finish typing that
gives an answer

At least Grimoire is coming out.

And Silent Storm. And Mechcommanders. And Open X-Com. And ToEE.

Aww, did you have something to say? It's okay, you can spit it out, faggot.

Boring and predictable as fuck, characters are the same, worlds are the same, artstyles are the same, setting and storyline are the same and the gameplay is either innovative but broken/easier or the exact same as 25 years ago.
And the only few ones that try something cool and interesting either get destroyed by critics or get obscured by more samefag japanese games.

I've played through those enough times to last me a lifetime. Problem is that no one is making the games we want.

Just look at Prey. It was a System Shock wannabe dumbed down as much as you can dumb such a game down and it still flopped. Normalfags don't want games, they want to drown in repetition and mediocrity.

It's my policy to not look at zenimax shit.

Don't tell me the protagonist isn't a white screen for the player to project themselves onto.
If the protagonist is supposed to be retarded, then add "Retarded protagonists" to my list.

I'm just saying, the kind of good games we want are expensive to make in time, money and effort. In this day and age only developers that truly care want to take up that kind of challenge instead of releasing some formulaic turd on Steam and hoarding the shekels, and those kinds of developers are few and far between.

Truth of the matter is that the industry has been inundated by hacks and soulless drones that only work there because they want their paycheck. No one is insane enough to slave away on a passion project that will not get them the kind of profit they want.

That answer is too broad, and isn't a necessary improvement given how the white man can commit sins such as treachery and act out of self-interest much like a jew, behavior which spans as far back as the Roman Empire unless you're telling me the Roman Empire was all Jews as well who have later converted to Christianity and laid the groundwork for the HRE.

But if you look at history, that's an incredibly uncertain positions to take. White men were and are as capable as Jews to commit fraud, theft, and other financial crimes. Other than crimes, there are many documented instances of abuse of power by non-Jewish races and people over the history of mankind, the fact that the person in question is Not Jewish is no guarantee to ensure a stable and welfaring society.

A similar rationale was used for the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki for Japan not standing down after receiving the demands for surrender, yet the opinion of the people of the USA on whether the bombing should have happened was evenly split. This could possibly lead to future disillusionment with the ruling body and shatter the national image amongst the populace, which needs to be counteracted somehow.

The ability to subvert and corrupt is not unique to the Jews, rather, it is the Jews who organize groups of white men to do the subverting for them, such as the CIA and NSA. Without the Jews in charged, there's nothing preventing the new men in charge from using the CIA to subvert for their own needs and self-interest.

Quite frankly, I'm not convinced whether most problems of society can be solved through mass extermination of a single race as the problems attributed are not unique to jews, let alone whether the aftereffects of mass genocide can be contained considering you'd need to spearhead significant propaganda efforts to rationalize it to whoever it is you're protecting and install some sort of authoritarian ruling body to thoroughly comb for remaining Jewish survivors much like Nazi-occupied territories in WW2. Another problem might arise from people naturally garnering sympathy for an oppressed people they do not fully know outside of propaganda from people they might not like, so perhaps physical confrontation is not the solution. If anything, it's more ideal to start a separate whitopia colony in outer space free from Jews. Generally speaking it's better to be the change you want to see instead of tearing existing institutions down.

Yes, we're not getting games we want but that doesn't change the point that in the past west made the games I like, east did not.

Nobody wanted the Prey reboot, the existing Prey fanbase took the marketing apart and that deprived Zenimax of the core audience that does more shilling for the game than the rest of the casuals combined. Prey failed because it was marketed in the most stupid way possible, because some exec thought that what worked (sort of) with Doom, Wolfenstein and Quake reboots would work here as well, and paid no attention to the warning signs delivered by a screaming fanbase.

As for the game itself, Arkane wanted to continue the trend of dumbing down System Shock that worked so well with SS2 and the Bioshock games (bar Infinite) and what came out of it was… nothing of substance, as per usual.

Well, I wanted a SS3 and didn't get it. Arkane have run their course and are pretty much the same kind of hollow shell id is today. From making a homage to Ultima Underworld to jokes like Prey and Dishonored 2. How far they have fallen.

SS2 was actually far more complex than SS1, especially in regards to character development and stats.

Jap protags are usually "nice guys" who want to mamoru everyone and won't kill bad guys because then "they'll be just like them". And that's even if they're mute.
Combine this with jap tendency to state and repeat the obvious over and over, never adhere to "show, don't tell" and it's a pain to sit through the dialogue.

sage for offtopic Holla Forums autism

Oh you're getting one.
Doesn't make up for everything else they dumbed down.

Should have been obvious when his basic premise was "everything bad is because of Jews"

Made by a servile cuck hackjob that hasn't made anything worthwhile since Deus Ex and is too busy virtue signaling on twitter.

I like them both since they do different things well. If you were to combine the two you'd get the perfect game, but I know the SS1 remake will be a piece of shit so there goes that too.

Will you teach your children to be parasites as well, or will you teach them to be builders? To build something sturdy which withstands time and tear is the sign of a master builder.

You know what happened to the guy, Disney acquired his studio, screwed them over in just over 10 years and only then did he leave after everyone who he'd worked with had fucked off. THEN he started working on SS3, which was only last year. Kind of a sucker for punishment, isn't he?

No big loss. Everyone knows Deus Ex was good because of everyone else on the team. Spector is notoriously computer illiterate, to the point the cheat for EMP in Deus Ex is iamwarren. He's basically another Molyneux. A hack that lucked out by having an extremely talented team working under him and couldn't make anything worthwhile after they went away.

Everyone involved in video games should just keep their fucking mouths shut and passionately work on the game instead of running off their mouth as if someone in this world has an iota of care what some faggot making video games has to say about politics.

He's more of a producer and team coordinator than he is a creative lead, and is basically there to ensure nobody on the team burns out and stays on rails.

Eh, I'll reserve judgement until I've seen what they do with the reboot. Despite his poor track record, if he can keep the rest of his team on the straight and narrow by virtue of his reputation, and not try to 'innovate' we could have a good game on our hands. The base formula for the SS games is very difficult to fuck up, after all - unless you're deliberately out to shoot yourself, like with the Thief reboot.

It really depends, there's a few types of Jap games, and they really don't deviate that far from these categories.

The newest pet project of the jap, everyone wants to be some sort of weird mix of Skyrim, GTA and your traditional JRPG, with some other misc shit the directer played on the only Xbox 360 in japan. Obvious examples are MGSV, BOTW, FFXV, Nier:A, and DD. Some of these are not awful, they realized some of the good things the aformentioned western games did and cut the fat. Most of the time though? It's a boring slog of a JRPG with all the boring slog-like elements of a western Open World games, Playing MGSV and BOTW is like pulling teeth they're so boring. Japs seem to use the Open World as a crutch for shitty level design even more than the western industry does, for the most part these games are awful.

You all know the deal with these, hit or miss to begin with, and hit or miss as to whether or not you'll actually enjoy these games, Stories are usually at least a little bit interesting, but there's a lot of super generic crap in here too.I personally loath these types of games with few exceptions that actually mix up the battles either with timed inputs or the Rhythm game built into Mother 3's battle system. Not the worst genre, If it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess, but not my thing.

A lot of overlap with the first and second category here, but same general concept, real time combat, usually hack and slash, with JRPG plot, usually not too deep, but on the rare occasion it is it's a nice combination

Sort of obvious, but should probably be stated, Nintendo isn't the only one, there are some jap indie platformers that are pretty good, La Mulana, Cave Story, Momadora, etc, don't see too many of these

Senran Kagura, Valkyrie Drive, Gal Gun, DOAX. These games are for you to cum too, no one does, nor should play these games without some lube near-by, and there's nothing wrong with that, but their enjoyment is 75% titillation, 20% masturbation, and 5% actually enjoyable gameplay, I should know, I grinded in SK2 just so I could play dress up with the girls in the gallery to jack off to later, Ditto for DOAX3. When people think "weird japanese games" this is what they're really talking about, these are the "games" japan makes that as games I can't stand, but as fap material I enjoy thoroughly

When people say they hate jap games, it's usually the borderline porn games that they're talking about and conflating with the actually good shit.

Aren't the momodora devs brazilian or something?

Wrong
Also wrong because you didn't have an avatar character to pair with a waifu, so it isn't a self insert waifu simulator. It's a shipping simulator if anything and even then the system in FE4 was thematically and mechanically better than in Awakening or Fates, so get fucked you nuFE playing cuck.

Child of light

Ah, yes the beautiful culture of the French, inshallah.

You sure about that?

Are these fuckers even acquainted with a single person who's gone on a road trip with their bros?

Given that all of FF15's female characters barring Luna could have been better party members than any of the male characters by a mile, I can't muster up any outrage at that first tweet - whatever his reasons, the way the game played out PROVED him right. As for the rest, none of that prevents him from directing a good team or making a good game. Going by the trends, it definitely does reduce the chances, though

Going on a road trip with the bros would require knowledge of basic car maintenance, such as changing fluids, swapping out tires, and possibly even diagnosing engine issues. Nu-males have no interest in these things, and as such were never taught how to do it. Even the premise of watching a YouTube video on how to do said things is too troublesome to them, they'd rather take it in to get things fixed.

So basically no, no they have not gone on a road trip with their bros.

He's a low T cuck. He's likely never done anything manly in his whole life.

Though, I have to admit that, as , having a party featuring the MC and the female cast of XV would have made a more compelling game than the sausage fest we ended up getting. Fucking fujos.

You mean the guy that was faking it the whole time and was secretly terrified?

This bread really activates my almonds. I think most people who just hate Japanese games are either goon fags or it's just not something they can get into. I only really play either Japshit or Slavshit now and when it comes to Japshit, here's the things that really grind my gears in Japanese games

The entire Metal Gear series but I'm sure you'll make some excuse for why that doesn't count.

As someone who rarely plays weeb games, they all look the same.

Do you have the name of that Chinese Mount & Blade knockoff?

Player skill isn't what you think it is and isn't inherently limited in a turn based game.

I can name japanese games older than you that do this. what's your experience with japanese games? mario 64, zelda and pokemon? end your life.

best jap games today

If Undertale was kawaii instead of /monster/ it would get a free pass here. This is why weebs are cancer.

I'm not following

A lot of people in this thread seem to think eastern games lack a good story, or have poor writing. What about a series like Yakuza? The characters and narratives in each title are excellent and well-crafted, even much better than a lot of western cinematic experiences.

Grinding for a High level just for tiny EXP Boosts just to progress

Weird predictable Plots with abit of Japanese comedy in it.

undertale is shit because it has mediocre-at-beest gameplay, which is mostly gimicks anyway, and an uninteresting story with "safe" random tumblr humor liberally sprinkled about. Making it anime would change nothing. There would be better waifus anyway.

if Undertale had weebshit instead of tumblreshit but was the same game

Legacy of Kain

Japanese games are the best for the simple fact that they learned and keep that knowledge in the industry.

The west performs a memory wipe every 5 years and you get abominations that cost 100M because of it and then fucking low-t game journos claiming "b-but the medium is still young".

they struggle to grasp intuitive control schemes, for some reason the most used actions tend to be mapped to the face rather than the shoulders meaning you need to take your thumb off the right stick sacrificing your camera control. they have no clue whatsoever how to map for mouse and keyboard (PC in general just seems beyond their comprehension) but even their controller stuff tends to be shit.

most recent example for me: attack on titan wings of freedom. the PC controls are essentially unusable but even the default controller layout is garbage. grapple, boost, attack, are all on the face even though those are the top 3 actions by use case, infact if you are moving at all chances are you are either holding grapple or boost you cannot control the camera while moving around. EASY fix is to move grapple, boost, and attack to shoulder buttons, and shoving interact, decisive battle signal, and center camera to face buttons. its so painfully obvious I dont know how they didnt think to do that, not only does it give you full mobility and combat control alongside uninterupted control of the camera but pulling the triggers to grapple and boost just feels good as trigger pulls on the sword handles is how it works in the show. when using the cannon you have to aim with the left analog stick instead of the right.

pissed me off as a kid, armored core didnt adopt dual analog control until the fucking PS3 / 360 era, aiming was done with the shoulder buttons, and shooting and boosting? you know it with the face buttons again, the right analog stick did fuck all for their ps2 era games execpt for R3 being the overboost command.

(checked)
This.
Really, this thread shouldn't exist because this shouldn't be an issue, period.
The west make good games. The west make shit games. The east make good games. The east make shit games.
I can like western media without being a leftist cuck, and I can like eastern media without being a self-hating weeaboo.
In fact, what the hell happened to the term "weeaboo" anyways? I hear the term all the time nowadays and not once do people use it the way it's defined as. I mean, most of those people are normalfags, so it's understandable that they're morons, but it's still confusing to me.

The western market has adopted this shit, too, and it's almost always in shitty interactive movies. What is the obsession with this? Is this just a cheap shot at the player's emotions, or are there more pedophiles in the video game industry than I thought? Ok that last part is definitely true, but still.

Your post reads like an unholy amalgamation of a kotaku article and Holla Forums newfag tryhard bullshit.

Anime aims to please its core audience at the expense of alienating a more general audience. Anime fans are enthusiastic because it consistently delivers what they want most of the time, and it still has surprises here and there.
In the end it's a personal preference for one handful of tropes versus another. Personally I prefer anime to western TV and film because I feel a lot of the more modern western stuff is just a soapbox for writers to shove their political opinions down people's throats, or it's "pop-geek" bullshit that comes off as pure cringe, and there's a chance politics get shoved in there, too. Anime just tells a story and you get to see some tits and pantyshots on the side. It's crude and unapologetic, but that's part of the charm.
Sage for offtopic.

How did no one catch this blatant fucking newfag?

there are, they're called orcs

The worst punishment for a newfag is not to shit on him, its to ignore him.
If you ignore him, hel'll never learn, and he'll never get replies because all he says is retarded and irrelevant. Eventually, not getting replies means he'll stop posting or coming here altogether.

While I don't really like the metrosexual look of a lot of modern JP game characters, I don't have a problem with the games themselves, for the most part. On the other hand I FUCKING HATE WEEBS

Reminds me of that girl who stabbed a 7 year old because she thought people are all robots.

She's considered insane by society but personally I think she's onto something there.

I hate anime with passion too, by extension most japanese plots or their general setting for games, i mostly think modern anime aesthetics are over designed.
Another thing is their protagonists always being teens with identity crisis. And overall use of edgy characters. So its not that i dislike japanese games just for being made in japan. Games like Dark souls, Armored Core, ZoE, Metal Gear, or even FFXII if you remove Vaan are quite good

Japanese entertainment is niche. Most people don't know shit and don't care. And that is fine. I like being under the radar, I don't crave understanding or acceptance. Mainstream is overrated so long as we can all live happily ever after in our bubbles in splendid isolation.

That's me pretty much, i just think these identity crisis and school romance plots resonate better with young people because they may identify with some character or situation, or just because they are at that age where these things feel more important.
We need anime for old wizards like us, but that is pretty rare nowadays.

I ought to move to korea

ralph bakshi film

there are people with legit criticism
they often write long textwall explaining detail by detail what it is they don't like about a game
But they often get drown in the "hurdur weebshit" comments left by goons
and when you consider that, despite their many flaws, nip devs are at least the only ones who are still trying to make fun games instead of (((thought provoking interactive expiriences with heart warming stories, and a diverse, relatable cast of characters))) people who still have some taste will not only cling to the last hope for the industry there is, no matter how small, and they will defend it to the bitter end agains goons and shills hell bent on cucking the last bastion of good vidya in the world

That said…
GOD DAMMIT I FUCKING HATE THE EFEMINATE JAPANESE PROTAGONIST WITH AMNESIA AND HALF A DOCEN OF BELT BUCKLES
Has there ever been a JRPG where the protagonist is not a prepubecent brat and is actually grisly old bad ass who's tired of this shit?
I'm not asking for Marcus Phoenix to be the MC of the next Dragon Quest or FF but for fuck's sake getr some real men with hair on his pecs to main your stories every now and then
it was cute when you nips kept repeating the same old tropes in JRPGs up to the PS1 and even the PS2 era but now it's getting fucking old, try something new for once god dammit
Yuri from shadow hearts was the closest thing to a bad ass MC in a JRPG i can think of AND HE IS STILL PRETTY FACED YOUNG BOY FOR FUCKS SAKE EVEN IN THE SECUEL AFTER HE LOST THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE AND DUG HER GRAVE WITH HIS OWN HANDS ONLY TO BE CURCED WITH A SOUL CRUSHING DAGGER AT THE START OF THE GAME A GUY WHO HAS GONE THROUGH SO MUCH SHIT SHOULD SHOW IT IN HIS PHISICAL APEARANCE BUT HE STILL LOOK LIKE FUCKING J-POP MODEL GODFUCKINGDAMMIT!!!

Nier

Wrong, Japan DO care about how things sell outside of Japan because most of their economy relies on exports and they are EXTREMELY BRUTAL businessmen who would sell the clothes off their mother's back if it meant that they would make a profit (or so they can keep spending company money on going to hostess clubs). You think the Jews are bad, you have no fucking idea how the Japs penny pinch.

Tiger Knight: Empire War.

Jap's hate old men. That's why Cuckjima put Raiden in MGS2.