FLIGHT SIMS GENERAL

Lets talk about flight sims and how awesome they are.

What are you drinking?
What are you eating?
What are you smelling?
What are you tasting?
I want to know about you.

Lets enjoy Flight Sims together!
Not a datamining thread

:DDDD

YEAH OKAY

I don't play flightsims cause I don't wanna blow shekels on a stick. Looks kind of comfy though.

Like Ace Combat?

What are you drinking?

Here comes the snow

this is the best hhnnnnggg

same

Now that you mention it, shout out to Project Wingman. That game looks promising as fuck.

waka waka tor tor

Flight Sim General is the new 4am thread!

tor tor tor
totally not CM

Lets talk about GAMES
This is the ultimate realistic flight sim!
Lets all bask in teh glory of flight sim.
I want to be an ATC.

we all know it's him

finally someone to talk with about space simulaors worth! i fucking love space similuaors!

Are those Sparrows on that pylon?

No, K13's

Whatever happened to Intellivoice?
BEE SEHH VENN TEEEN BAAHH MAAAAAHHHH

I love how they mixed the gameplay with the WW2 footage. Its hard to tell which is video and which is the game. That shit was so realistic for the 1980's.

If its not a bomb what is it then?

Neither Ace Combat or Project Wingman are flight simulators. Try playing DCS World or YSFlight.

The AIM-7 Sparrow was a semi-active radar guided missile that was introduced in the late 50s/early 60s and remains in limited service today.
The AIM-54 Phoenix is my missilefu*

RETARD!!
RETARD!!
RETARD!!

no you

bump

Are there any flight sims that have good geology??

I like Ace Combat cause it looks GORGEOUS but its too arcadey
And I like how simulators are more realistic, in every way besides GRAPHICS.

I know graphics arent everything for games, but simulators are supposed to be immersive, and graphics are definitely imperative for immersion

Geography* shit

I had a phone flight sim that was pretty great for a phone sim but I paid for the Edwards Airforce Base so that I could fly over my hometown (at the time) and pretend to bomb it but the entire map was desert and generic street textures. even the mountains were almost entirely flat. the LA map was the same too

play war thunder. it's (((free))) but has a reasonable grind model if you don't wanna cough up on their premium currency, and strikes a great balance between arcade gameplay and flying a plane.

War Thunder was alright on my PS4 but I'm guessin it takes buttfuck forever to get to modern jets and stuff. also I just wanna chill and pretend to carpet bomb shit, not dogfight

you can do that fam, first off fuck the ps4 version, it's impossible to fly without at least a mouse. just follow bomber trees in your favorite country. if you stick to real life strategy (stay high, alter course on a set pattern to maintain overall heading while avoiding flak) and maybe make a friend so you can have a wingman, you'll get tier 3 in no time. also realistic battles (as opposed to arcade) will be slower paced and much more tactical

A) how do you control any flying with KB+M, wtf

B) PS4 has KB+M support. War Thunder is p much identical to the PC version.

I'll be more interested in flight sims when they feature exact replica 1:1 planet earth to fly around, with resolution and city/down detail 5x-10x higher than google earth. Also having cars and pedestrians in all of those towns and cities would be nice.

What's the point of flying in a flight sim if everything you're flying over isn't also sim'd?

huh i didn't know ps4 had mkb support.
i have it set to WS control throttle quickly, with mousewheel for fine tuning. lshift/lctrl are hard elevator pitch, q/e, are hard rudder, a/d are hard aileron roll. WT has a pretty good "mouse flying mode" where it will fine adjust to where your cursor is pointing. the only downside is you have to hold a button (default C) to look around without wiggling the plane around

The Crew was pretty fun for a 1:5 scale US drivan sim. Cruisin from Detroit to Vegas was tons of fun.

I wonder if they're makin a new map for The Crew 2, especially since it's got Planes and Boats now

for reference

Downplaying the single-player 'plot' is a good start, although it could turn into a Watchdogs-2-esque cringe-fest still.

What's really going to be funny is that around the time this gets close to coming out MS should be revealing info on Forza Horizon 4; and everyone's going to forget that C2 even exists.

Dunkey was right about Ubisoft - half of a dev team is talented and creates this concept/world/mechanics that's interesting and also pushes the envelope only to pass it over to the other half of the team who are complete retards and fuck everything up.

agreed. Alot of people give Ubi shit and compare them to Activision and EA, but like, when that shit with Unity happened, my ps4 copy of Unity played just fine, but they STILL offered me a free game for the troubles the community had. Now, I was expecting old throwaway games and shit, but they offered FARCRY 4, which had JUST came out that month, and I got that for free and I had tons of fun. Now, it WAS my first FarCry, so I didnt know it reused 90% of the animations and weapons from FC3, but I still love how much content all their open world games have.

Also, The Crew was free for a month, and then a couple months later, for their 30th anniversary, they gave away Rayman, The Crew (again), Prince of Persia, Beyond good and Evil, and finally, Ass Creed 3 to anyone who used Uplay. and that shit is free to keep, not none of that free weekend only shit.

I mean, could you imagine EA or Acti giving away a free game that was younger than 2 years old?

They sure are not the evil of EA or the greed of Todd's Enterprise, but they are still part of what's wrong with this shit industry.

I'm actually a bit worried about FC5.

I mean, one one hand, FC4 made the SJW "good guys" end up being shittier than the actual bad guy, like LEGIT terrible people that the game focuses on, so maybe FC5 will do the same thing, but on the other hand, even if it does and it rubs all the racist "anti-racist" shit in the face of SJWs who buy the game, I doubt they'll even get it. like the game could blatantly reveal to them that hating white people is bad and they'll be like "haha I get to kill white people!" and not get it…

also its apparently being written by the Bioshock Infinite dude, which ALSO called out Anti-Fascists for, ironically, being some of the most fascistic fucks ever without even realizing or admitting it themselves.

(((Ken))) is doing FC5? What in the everloving fuck? He kind of did redeem himself with BaS but it came after way too much whiny bitching.

how late am I to this thread?

care to elaborate on this is about? just a racing sim or what?
that US map seemed pretty detailed and cool though

X-plane has pretty good graphics and only limited by the computer
there are some free detailed terrain, but even then it also depends if the geography is interesting enough,
pic related is an example, New Zealand and Alaska are other places I like to fly

The Crew is a 5:1 scale US based Sandbox driving game. The Driving itself is somewhere between NFS and Forza. not too Arcadey, not too complex. There's tons of ways to customize and improve your car, but you're not forced to do missions and stuff (tho there are SHITLOADS of "skill" challenges scattered about in the middle of roads, so its kinda a pain to avoid those for free roaming. I wish there was a way to turn them off.

Theres also a fairly large amount of cars as well, even without the DLC

that episode was hilarious,
so whats the deal with this guys? about them memes and cancer, is he user?

Nice channel shilling Airforceproud95.

nice job keeping that under 12 mega,
what settings did you use?

Does Rouge System count?

Damn shame that none of the torrents for it work.

its always online anyways. just wait til its free again ya cheapskate

I just want to fucking drive around and feel comfy. That’s all I fucking want. Are there any games with decent graphics where I can drive around in a blizzard at night and listen to the radio or something?

stop bein a poor fag and suck it up. Not like your time is precious if you wanna just drive and relax.