Team Fortess 2 Vintage

Original thread is almsot at page 11 and long past bump limit so made a new one because why the fuck not

TF2V, what is it?
TF2V stands for Team Fortress 2 Vintage, a Holla Forums made version of TF2C with all the gay shit removed and the game restored to stock TF2. The aim of TF2V is to recreate 2007 TF2 before Valve fucked it up.

Downloads
Full game:
mega.nz/#!HA1DWD7S!VJbgl6IYxfvHWmKIN4x_qdm7SZWmrcJGssmmOY98r5E
Hotfix:
mega.nz/#!HRMkkQLJ!fCQe15XgZSLJSPOGxEVQCZpgjgcb6uKoV4KVHcCpnWA

Mega is shit and I don't want to download their shit plugin
github.com/megous/megatools
Then use these, megatools are a set of applications run through CMD to do things such as download from mega. A readme for each exe is included in the package on their site. By default the megadl tool downloads to where it is unless specified.

DED GAME LOL
Right now no one but Holla Forums seems to be aware this exists, so best we can do is spread the word about it.

Why not TF2C?
Because the devs went full retard and deviated from what TF2C wa meant to do, instead they added a 4 team deathmatch mode no one really seemed to enjoy and useless hats and weapons. Also the lead now is a disgusting unstable tranny

Can I run this on Linux?
I believe so, the first thread claimed there were issues, at the time of this OP the only known issues are graphical ones in the menu.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!GUsB0IiS!uM-jNMsPIPUtXT3G2JnvOVX16n9NlWyisDeupdcAay0
gamebanana.com/maps/193250
gamebanana.com/maps/193119
gamebanana.com/maps/185551
gamebanana.com/maps/185421
gamebanana.com/maps/78729
gamebanana.com/maps/195969
gamebanana.com/maps/195833
gamebanana.com/maps/189875
gamebanana.com/maps/186901
gamebanana.com/maps/190528
gamebanana.com/maps/186235
gamebanana.com/maps/185512
gamebanana.com/maps/157367
gamebanana.com/maps/134086
gamebanana.com/maps/131062
archive.is/flhcL
github.com/NicknineTheEagle/TF2-Base
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1570537
github.com/danielmm8888/TF2Classic
steamcommunity.com/id/E1M1Hangar
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_2_Classic
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_2_Vintage
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you Alphablaster?

No, thankfully

What's the git for TF2V o3o

FULL EDITION OF V1H1 WITH THE TEXTURES FIX HERE

Unless there are any other immediate bugs needing to be squashed, the next update should be the asset patch.

nice man. I didn't know if you'd show up, jsut made the thread because old one is dying. anyuone gonna put a server up today?

Did you niggers make it no-steam yet?
If not I'm going to be upset.

I have no clue, not sure if TF2V user knows either, could always lend a hand for that, as is right now you need a steam account it seems. Not sure if you can just pirate the SDK 2013 MP base

I'll throw up my server up today I suppose. Look for Infinity.

Source SDK 2013 uses Steam to authenticate players and other bullshit, there's probably a way but it's going to be a clusterfuck to implement.

Might not be able to jouin, it's giving me a library error now after I had to reinstall because one of the shader mods I decided to use removed the scout's eyes

There is a way. There is a thing that you throw into server and client folders and it's like emulates steam or some shit. I got normal tf2 client running without steam a while back, just to test it. I can't remember details, I'll look into it again. I think it's called revemu, or revolution emulator. It worked with many games, so it should work with sdk.

Also, isn't tf2c built upon leaked source code? You should be able to cut any requirements for steam directly from code.

Wait a minute, why don't you guys use one of the first builds of the game? Why take tf2c and remove all the gay shit when you can take actual 2007 builds of servers and clients?

You should probably give some instructions on how to install.

Is that even possible? also wouldn't you need tools for around that time to compile and build it?

There is a mod called TF207 or something like that, which is literally just the first TF2 build. Problem is it's buggy as shit being the first version of TF2, has none of the gameplay updates the later builds had (hauling, airblast, gamemodes) and having a massive security backdoor.

I'd assume it's similar to how Wurm and other Steam MP titles would work by having the emu files in the Source SDK 2013 MP folder, pointing your hl2.exe file at the TF2 Vintage game files, and then hosting a server that doesn't check for authentication.

5 seconds in google, it's a source mod mate

Good job lads
Let's make this the final TF2 Classic.

No, you take already compiled client and server that was released by valve in 2007. Normal tf2, just without updates.

We can choose slightly updated version.

Which is what TF207 is. It's TF2, no updates, nothing. I think it still even has the glitch to get into the spawns in 2fort with how old it is.

TF2V is based on TF2C, which is turn is a build of TF2 circa 2015. TF2V however removes the content TF2C added onto TF2, so you get TF2 with updates.

I know how to install, but there's probably lots of people who don't know how.

duplicate thread

SERVER
Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN
ip:74.91.123.198
located in new york running 247

You can always look at TF2 on Xbox and see what changes need to be made on maps and weapons. Game is as classic 2007 TF2 as you can get.

Some of weapon unlocks are good

Congrats, OP, you've shown how this project is going to be as stillborn as Battleborn.

fuck off faggotblaster

see

Amazing, this project is really crumbling apart fast!

we all know that alphatrapster is gonna come and ruin it
TF2 is dead by design

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS

Is the server owner going to add in some maps? If so, here's some good ones:
arena_heliport
gamebanana.com/maps/193250
cp_cabrakan
gamebanana.com/maps/193119
cp_alamo
gamebanana.com/maps/185551
cp_ravenholm
gamebanana.com/maps/185421
tc_meridian
gamebanana.com/maps/78729
koth_oceanside
gamebanana.com/maps/195969
koth_castillo
gamebanana.com/maps/195833
koth_scramble
gamebanana.com/maps/189875
koth_c17_streetwar
gamebanana.com/maps/186901
ctf_2fort_night
gamebanana.com/maps/190528
ctf_2woodmountain
gamebanana.com/maps/186235
ctf_hellpower
gamebanana.com/maps/185512
ctf_facingworlds
gamebanana.com/maps/157367
ctf_1fort
gamebanana.com/maps/134086
ctf_biomass
gamebanana.com/maps/131062

You're missing the point bitch

What point? I was just asking the server owner of the Holla Forumsintage server to add in these maps.

meant for

oh boy a bunch of "HL2/CS:S textures in TF2" maps. I cant be the fucking only one bottom buffled when maps are added that dont fit TF2's artstyle

How do I make Megatools only DL 1 folder in a mega link?

Only that Ravenholm map uses HL2 textures. and that streetwar map is just a recreation of an HL2 map but with TF2 textures.

Those sort of maps mostly buffle me since they are often not balanced around the classes. They mapmaker often just says "Hey! I made a TF2 port of Raid from Black Ops 2! I'm sure it'll be really fun and the entire midpoint of the map won't be rendered inaccessible due to Snipers/Engies in borderline impenetrable locations, or the entire map will be playable and not just a neverending stalemate like 2fort and Hightower!" I've played in too many maps in TF2C's heyday that didn't even have fucking resupply lockers in the spawn rooms And this isn't even going into the meme maps like nippletwist and traingrid that nearly dominated the rotation during Alphanigger's days.

Exactly how far back do the changes go?

Does it go all the way back to demo being able to load 6 pills at a time, and every other rocket being a crit?

dunno

Am I just retarded or was it pulled off the Steam?

what was pulled?

Source SDK

From what I can tell from preliminary testing, the weapons appear to be somewhere no later than February 2015 for balancing. Minigun and Grenade launcher are the two I notice this with.

Check the tools section of Steam, look for Source 2013 Multiplayer.

thanks mate

How do I change my spray?

Just a sidenote, I plan on moving some of the Live TF2 maps over, since nearly all the assets are already there.

What priority do I give to which maps to TF2 to get them over faster?

To change your spray, use the advanced options in game and look for the menu with sprays in them. You can add your own spray or choose one of the default sprays.

To change your soundspray, put a 512kb .wav file or smaller as jingle.wav into tf2vintage\custom\jingle\sound\player and restart the game.

They moved it to the tools section in steam. go to LIBRARY and from there go to the tools and it's there

Well we have ways to revert it since they're damage values so we can eventually turn back time all the way back to launch with QoL shit like airblast and engy carry

To be fair not all of the balancing is inherently bad for the stock weapons. I'd be willing to sacrifice some of the old TF2 values if it means having a much better balanced game. I suppose that could be the legacy patches for it if a BoP is needed.

HAPPENING

So is the average still 100+ ping, or did you find someone with good enough hardware to host?

I'm joining in.

Guess so. My only concern with a steam less version is the lack of a anti cheat integration that could possibly kill this if it took off

I just didn't want the server to be stuck on stock maps all day long, that's all.

Do we still have any of the maps that anons were making?

We had that Moon Man map, I was also making a map, but I got lazy and TF2C was dying anyways.

Server keeps crashing on round end.

I'm coming in, but my DL's at 12.47%
please wait for me ! haha

Alright, so a few things
1. I cannot see my, nor anyone else's sprays
2. Solider cannot taunt with the shotgun
3. Either TF2V or the server keeps crashing or freezing.

1. I believe there is a bug with the default sprays right now, I'll try using a custom spray during testing.

2. Confirmed.

3. Unsure of this yet, but it's not happened to me (Win7) through testing several rounds. Unsure if saysounds are affecting it.

you techncially can there are ways to enable B-hopping. Just because you can't break the sound barrier by abusing a bug in speed mechanics doesn't make a game bad.

Had the same issues, also spy revolver fire and reload are the shitty new ones where nothing happens.

I too had game crashes and server problems, especially when there were more people on.

This might be an issue with the Holla Forumsintage server as the first server that went up had latency issues but no crashing.

There's been three servers that I know of: special earrape, Infinity and now Holla Forumsintage. Has these crashing/latency issues been on the other servers?

special earrape had some latency issues, but nothing major

Wasn't earrape's server in russia though? Pretty sure that was why there was latency problems.

Reminder that the Pyro is the best class

Not sure. I thought it was someone's home box on the east coast.

server's back

oh wait a minute
I live in australia
how the hell's this going to work?

So far from observation it was only on Holla Forumsintage

PL doesn't work that right when it's converted to CP mode

It seems to be an engine error. Just tried to kill a sentry when I got it

That was my sentry and I got the same error. Had to kill the process entirely.

From what I'm reading it's a rendering error

yeah it looks like there are too many indices for the index bugger

This is because of the TIP models or something, I think.

Two things

1) Spy disguise doesn't seem to work, it's telling me I'm cloaking as me, just on the other team even when a member of that class is present.

2)PL doesn't work as it sohuld when converted to CP

That already exists as a mode in TF2C. This is pointless. There are servers currently hosted in TF2C that are running vanilla 2007 TF2 RIGHT NOW, and you could play it ANYTIME. But no, instead you bitch about some shit that they added on the side as extra game modes.

Way to divide up the community even more you fucking memelord. This will be even more dead than TF2C.
As an actual game developer, I can tell you that without consistent team, you will get nowhere and nobody will play your game. (I bet you haven't even fixed the security holes in the game.)

fuck off,TF2C is dead and the 4 team mode is shit

TF2C has more active developers than actual TF2. I don't give a shit how many dicks they take up the ass as long as what is desired is in the game, and it already is. TF2 is on the decline, TF2C is already unpopular and this shit is going to make it even MORE difficult for people to get what they want which ALREADY EXISTS in TF2C. I don't care how shit the other game modes are. You don't ahve to play them. Vanilla TF2 is already there and can be played at any time, and in fact a couple of people DO play it. Fuck you, and fuck right off with your unnecessary game that is only going to kill TF2 even faster.

BUT BUT BUT, MUH BOGEY MENS/WOMENS
Also, MUH NEED TO FEEL DIFFERENT

The OP showed me how much of waste of time this is. Enjoy your git clone I guess.

Yes, what the world needs is more people copying the same thing over and over again just not really changing anything and usually removing things. See the thousand variations of ubuntu and ubuntu itself.

Also, countdown until yaargh final gets added to all the map rotations. Hoo lad do I love sitting on a shitty map that is too large and has bad design for 50 minutes.

You should ease up on the estrogen dosages, your faux vagina is showing.

>(((suddenly))) a multitude of (1)'s pop up to tell everyone to just play TF2C after someone forks it
>(((suddenly))) TF2C can do all of the things we want it to do
>stop dividing the (((suddenly))) not dead community
This is fooling absolutely nobody.

They are all men actually.

Amazing how you have no response to his post and you provide a non-argument like "hurr u have a fake vagine XD"

sad!

WEW

They can't play whichever whenever they want if nobody is playing either of them. OP is a faggot trying to jerk himself off with a copypaste thats going to be detrimental to everyone here that likes this game.

TF2C has a small community that actively plays the game. This existing will make the community even smaller (presuming OP is even competent enough to maintain the game, and by his tone I can tell he's not.)

There is no issue. What you want already exists and copying it is going to make everything worse.

I'm sorry no one wants to play Tranny Fortress 2 Cockless

hello again.

Yes, and who might you be?

check discord

HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Okay and? Nobody wants to play your shit either, clearly, especially if you try to hide from criticism by going "hurr were not tf2c at least ur assblaster".

Half my post was an argument, but you were too triggered by the second half to comprehend the first.

But what about people that don't like TFC? I don't like TFC because it's not what I'm looking for. So I'm going to play this instead. If you have a problem with that then too bad.

Nigger I don't see shit. What are you talking about.

If I were a part of the TF2C "community" I'd want to try something new just to get away from faggots that pull the shit you're pulling right now.

You have brain problems and you don't seem to understand that the point of sage is not to bump a thread.

Well done. Still no arguments present either.

So you trannies linked the thread in your discord and all came here to shill TFC? That's real nice.
No wonder you all showed up at the same time except for that one bootyblasted user that waited to come back.

You don't like TF2C because?…

Except it wasn't. None of the greentext in addressed the problems put up.

I don't give a shit if people play it, but people reserve the right to critique what they are playing.

Spoilers, sage is pointless.

What sage is and how it works.
Sage makes a reply to a thread without bumping it to the top. Many people seem to think that sage somehow kills threads faster. I have never understood the reasoning other than nerds hoping that they can influence the destruction of a thread and that makes them feel power due to the lack of any real power in the life.

If someone replies to the thread after someone "sages" it and they do not reply with sage, then the thread gets bumped to the top of the board. So going into a thread and making repeated posts while exclaiming that you are "saging" a thread just means you are making a meaningless post in a thread. This does not kill the thread other than maybe contributing to its bump limit which seemingly is arbitrarily high on 8cucks.

There you go id 280acb, now you know what sage is and how it works. Maybe this modicum of information will help further your browsing experience on the outdated and badly formatted web software known as imageboards.

The one thing I will imageboards is they use hexadecimal and regular number expression instead of that dumb REINVENT THE WHEEL thing a lot of modern websites use. Example would be how imgur/ghiphy generates file names which is fucking horribad and dumb.

You haven't made a single argument at all. All you posted were OPINIONS and not anything factual that could be used as evidence to make a case.

Because it's not VANILLA ONLY TF2 which is what I'm looking for.

None of those things matter whatsoever because I'm looking for the 2007 version that people will actually play. I don't want to play with 2 or 3 people because everyone else is on the not vanilla servers.

Soldier's shotgun taunt was added sometime after release iirc.

So is anyone planning on uploading it somewhere else or making a torrent?

I'm not in that Discord. It's full of faggots. Stop making assumptions just because people don't wanna play this retarded shit.

He won't give a good reason because he doesn't have one other than some dumb wedge issue.

Again, it's already a mode in TF2C, which you apparently have not played.

Ya it's a mode and it's dead. So why would I play it?

It's less dead than this game will be.

Torrents scare people for some reason, and mega is the new flavor of the month so good luck.

nigga where the fuck have you been

So you're trying to tell me that I should play on a dead server because this one that has players will be dead in an indeterminate point in time?

I wouldn't expect trannies to have a proper sense of reality.

It's also not an argument either.

Shit will be dead in a week mark my words.

what the fuck

How fucking new are you

Oh no this free game I play to scratch my TF2 itch will die at some point.
If I wanted an experience to last I'd bite the bullet and go into hat fortress. Not emotionally unstable Tranny Fortress that will implode from personal drama and in fighting.

If you aren't a tranny you're just as foolish as one for having such strong pretender syndrome.

I always thought TF2C was supposed to be a TF2 version of TFC, which can have 4 teams instead of the usual 2, and can also run HLDM maps.

Sorry if I shit on the rapidshit of 2017
Sorry if mega is horrible
Sorry that running your own hosting is cheaper and easier than using mega
Sorry that google provides the same service as mega but it actually works and they are at least upfront about monitoring your traffic
Sorry that mega requires a security hazard to even use properly
Sorry that mega has a ass backwards way of downloading files that often fails
Sorry that torrents have existed for years and are actually designed for sending large amounts of data without having issues of the connection timing out
Sorry that mega somehow fucks up the only thing it was made to do

It is. People are autistic and don't realize that it's trying to stick to it's Quake roots.

alphablaster pls go

I should ask you that
archive.is/flhcL

What the fuck are you even going on about? I didn't claim to know anything about this board.

Then why not just play TFC :^)
Or the TF quake mod :^)

Sorry mate but you've been had fuck off or start a thread about TF2C if you so adamant more people play it here or want to play it

WEW

even if it did, its a very badly done. I highly doubt you even know how bad the developer's (aka mostly art teams and map makers) focus was out of wack. They wanted to make a TTT gamemode for christ sakes, yeah really sticking to the roots.

Hilariously TF1 has a more active player-base than his piece of shit. I play it every other day.

Wow huge mistake, I confused two posters who both replied to me for which one of I wasn't talking to. Woe is me, I must surely be a newfag, as I am illiterate for making a spelling error.

im an oldfag, ive been here all summer!

Sorry to tell you this 895d5c, I honestly do not care if you think I am new to imageboards or not. I guess that is what happens when you cease being a edgy teenager. *shrug*

Anyway, have this picture.

Then why aren't you playing it right now :^)

Because I finished a few hours ago and decided to do something else with my time.

Except as in he accused me of being a "newfag pretender" and then claimed was a "newfag pretender"
At least the fucker owns up to that mistake here (but at the same time completely disregards the evidence that using Mega is bad and has been considered bad practice for awhile due to privacy concerns):

These are both true, yes.

Sure you did, why don't you make a thread for it then if it's more active? :^)

that's why it's still used in share threads and /scurv/ right?

Maybe I will, since I'm capable of filling out a post without resorting to using meme faces every other post.

Just because a bunch of retards still use it doesn't mean it's safe. And /scurv/ has been dead for ages.

People are dumb and latch onto whatever a group is using instead of looking for better alternatives. Yes this is a proven fact. See japan and how everyone's preferred mode of doing business is using fax machines.

On the topic of fax machines, hahahahhahaha holy fuck they are worse than email for sending anything secure! But again, people latch onto a idea and never let go.

When the fuck did I ever say "mega is good" or even slightly defended MEGA ITT? You're fucking retarded. I don't even use mega to pirate games unless there's no other option because it's fucking inconvenient. Your fucking brain is sped.

No you really aren't capable of much of anything except sperging like a retard.

Stop projecting.

Great "no u" response mate. 10/10

Alright. Suit yourself. Enjoy your dead game.

Hmmm…

Oh and the delicious irony.

Oh darn if I waited for the page to refresh I coulda listed another one.

Actually if you payed attention to the filename it came from imgur. More specifically it came from something awful forums.

Also it is not a reaction image, it is a image that was manipulated and was originally from those domain sitters that were fucking everywhere a couple years ago. For some reason they all used the same stock photo of a white woman with a backpack smiling. I am not entirely certain why.

You seem pretty miffed for someone who keeps posting about how they are not miffed. Remember, if you do not get in the last word that means I won ;^3

Except his point is that he didn't rely on reaction images as his argument. Way to be a disingenuous nigger, faggot.

I'm not projecting. All of my posts are of infinitely higher quality than yous, as some anons have already pointed out.

Again, all he had were opinions. Learn to logic.

Where's your TF quake thread? I keep refreshing the catalogue.

Ok Linkara

You mean the tranny friends that came here to shill TFC with you?

who says this? you can at least pretend to be from here.

It's no coincidence that they all arrived at the same time, then one of them mentioned a discord trying to tranny signal.

;^3

I'm not friends with any trannies because I think that they are mentally ill. You are merely trying to create a boogeyman because you can't possibly believe that other people do not agree with you.

Oh look, another boogeyman.

How about we settle down on just plain old TF2? And in specific, version 1.0.1.8 made to work with Source 2013.
You all seem to have gone fucking retarded.

Oh no I've been posting a thread in a back and forth conversation with other people on a website dedicated to having conversations?
Also thanks for outing yourself as a goon.

Opinions can be arguments, you fucking autismal sack of shit.

So you deny the fact that TFC is lead by a tranny?
Also I have never seen anyone use the term boogeyman besides Holla Forums. At least they nuanced it and started using the term 'spook.'

Yet another boogeyman.

Not an argument :^)

It's an objective point to say that when you divide a community that it makes it more difficult for each entity to thrive. This is basic logic.

It is an argument. You are using outside entities as a comparison to something you don;t like in order to shut it down, due to the fact that you don't have anything of value to say.

github.com/NicknineTheEagle/TF2-Base

That's self defeating though, since the assertion that someone is using a boogeyman or is under the belief of a boogeyman type fallacy then you are committing the same fallacy you accuse them of committing. You believe in the fallacy concept of 'boogeyman' as something applicable then apply it to people without asking them to elucidate their arguments or giving counter points. It's nonsensical hand waving.

Okay but I've already stated that I don't care about either communities. I'm here for my Vanilla fix. If both die in the process I'm completely fine with it. And that is counter to the reasons you were trying to give me to play on a server I had no interest in playing on as it doesn't offer the experience I'm looking for since it doesn't have enough players.

Also you deride those commiecucks for using the term "spook" but you are also using a term that is a synonym for it.

10 DOLLARS

It's an analogy smartass.

So you wish to forego the basics of discussion? Nobody has given me a valid refutation of my argument and has instead done everything in their power to not answer me.
That Stirner faggot meant something entirely different when he invented the term (pretentious shit.) It's not comparable.

Pewter you're worthless. Quit sitting around with your thumb up your ass dismissing reports and get rid of the shitposters already.

Just another reason Holla Forums is shit and alternative boards should be looked at.

So if I started rambling about the suns effect on the ionosphere, then you'd be required as per discussion to try to refute my ramblings? See you don't understand. My point this entire time is that I don't care. I'm here for my vanilla fix. What happens to either does not matter to me. People can choose to play what they want, there is no reason to sperg over it. But you who are invested in one of those communities are buttblasted about people "breaking up the community" which is again something I do not care about.

" WHY HAVE ADULTS PLAY MORE SERIOUS GAMES , ?! " , EDUCATION , THAT GAMES WHILE OTHERS ARE SUFFERING , COULD BE DEADLY , ESPECIALLY DURING WAR TIMES IN ANY AREA OF THE GLOBAL WORLD , !

What?

what happened to this thread?

Tranny Goons

what the fuck did I just read?

what the hell

TL;DR
Faggots crying about how we're making our own version of TF2C without any added BS. Most likely the Tranny team behind TF2C, alphaassblasted's redditors or faggots in general

This is pretty spooky to me because I've been playing TF2 and WC3

" what happened , why make a tank at all , !? " , " armored deconstruction of toxic mold buildings , infested with worse than drugs , dead bodies and more , people getting lost looking for others in a path that was overgrown , ! " , " how many people need people to cut the forest to a safe range , and help find a safer place for the animals , to live in harmony with the environment , ? study science , science is good still , ! " , " if something looks brown or orange that could be an item that needs water , but you are better off being a scientist to learn how that works , ! " , .

a tank was a more solid metal water container to put out fires , . . . , and mold is a kind of fire , . . . , but already on oil , . . . , and only certain people have the eyes to tell what that is , trust that hazard suits are not for ordering online to play around in , and if you really have health concerns move somewhere safe , please , .

trust Delta-Διφινιτυ , there is also a solution for " pi " , letters and math both , . . . , sit the delta on an infinity symbol you will learn faster that way , and tao the prayer ( . , Delta-Διφινιτυ , . ) , .

some of us have been stuck in this " war " since we were too young to wake up for the news , . . . , and still others understand spiritually they could keep being born to solve problems they started , be careful , be order good , .

Time to go to bed, slavfriend.

It's a bot!

Oh, it's real. The fact that they even came in here to shill their shitty version of 2007 TF2 is proof enough. Sup Alphaggot.

bots would be shitting other threads. This is a drunk man

In spite of thread faggotry, game is pretty fun.

SPLELPS

It is, next step is to fix some issues. Wish I could help TF2V user

No I've seen one of these before, it bumped a dead WoW general thread back to life on our /vg/ awhile back with these pics of google image searches for random shit and wiki pages.

Either that or someones testing out a very specific bot for shits and giggles. Like Guacman. It seems to be having problems with parsing together 'thoughts' so it could be a drunk schizophrenic or a sophisticated bot.

I'm somewhat confused why this is needed. Can't you host a server that forces vintage? No hats, no new weapons, etc? Why do you need a whole separate game for it?

plugins break, TF2C devs have taught us faggotry is going to be injected in most circles. Also because you can't force certain things through plugins as they tend to be down at a coding level

What faggotry has been injected? I never bothered to follow development of TF2C.

Ok, to try to stop this thread from devolving into shitposting, I made a (very) rough draft for a map I'm going to make and I want input.
Point out any shit ideas and how horribly made this doodle was.

iiboharz in its entirety

Does the tranny dev still pop into random servers and use dev commands to cheat?

Some people don't want to download a game whose filesize has been bloated with cosmetics and other bullshit. TF2C was plagued with a mod team that did jack shit and kept adding new things instead of fixing existing gamemodes.

More or less TF2C started life as "Team fortress without the BS". Lotta drama and hand changing behind the scenes lead to a tranny taking command, as this went on the devs started adding modes and hats and weapons to TF2C which went against the original intnet

Actually, that sounds an awful lot like Sven Co-op as well.

TF2C needed a shitload of bugfixes but instead of doing that they decided to work on deathmatch, trouble in terrorist town, and alternative weapons.

Did they ever fix that problem with skins not loading? I'd go back and play it but I'm not downloading 300GB of Touhou skins and broken maps.

Which one? There's probably like ten thousand different bugs in the god damn game. One of them is having Sniper.

pretty much, hopefully TF2V user lets people in for bug fixes or gives them a way to send bug fixes so we don't end up with one dude doing all the work and possibly burning out

Fair enough. Both valid points. I think a few unlocks are still worth while, like the Kritzkrieg and Gunslinger. There is a lot of cancer too, but a small selection of unlocks allow new and interesting ways to play a class.

But hey, you guys do you. Vintage TF2 sounds amusing to me.

Some were interesting and adeed but others felt eh. Like I said plugins cna break when valve decides to "update" TF2 leaving servers running them out of commission till the plugin gets updated and things are sometimes affected at a engine level which causes problems. So instead of needing to installing 40+ addons on server join everything is neat, and there are plans to strip the need for steam from the thing itself so we can roll it out as a stand alone game.

kind of hard to tell if it's good or not when you drew it like a spastic retard high on speed. Just use the line feature on MS paint for fucks sake. Besides that the courtyard(?) in the middle with the capture point is probably too big but it's hard to tell if it even IS a courtyard due to the before stated autism.

So are you guys going to use the new TF2 07 port to Source 2013 that that dude just released? I found out about these threads from the discord and am curious. I just want to play some fucking non-bullshit TF2 that runs at proper FPS.

Another question, are you guys ever going to add non-stock weapons that aren't aids and make the game more enjoyable? ex GRU, Sandvich, Gunboats, Whip etc? I assume not, but I might as well ask. Pyro, for example, is extremely garbage in vanilla, so I would feel like giving him the flare gun and/or Ax would make it less shit without adding in an annoying mechanic like airblast.

No.

The point is just on an elevated area, middle portion is just one big area.

Itt Holla Forums figures out when they say "2007 TF2" they don't actually mean "2007 TF2" and instead mean something closer to "2010~2012 TF2", but a TF2 build with a load of extraneous shit removed is something I can get behind. Stupid shit like bunnyhopping and the four-team deathmatches can stay gone.

Also baseline TF2 performs like absolute shit because Valve is too lazy to simply create a bunch of low-level of detail models for all the cosmetics and weapons, so they merged worldmodels and viewmodels and then promptly never said a word about it when the fix didn't accomplish anything besides making the game significantly more ugly and breaking a lot of animations.

you're just bad at him

THen why don't you contribute with these fixes, I mean after all it must be easy if it's "just" fixing it :^)

Well that I can get behind. Honestly even with the first round of unlocks TF2 was absolutely fine until they added trading and the shop and shit.

I had fun playing with you fags tonight, hope to play again soon. :^)

Yes. I banned the tranny from my server.

I will have a special challenge for anons in part 2, I'm just looking to compile everything for part 1 of TF2V first which is stability. Just get on there, play and come back to me so I can make a list of all the shit that needs to be fixed.

Valve opened up the workshop and then scavenged few to no of the thousands upon thousands of unique weapons from it, you seriously think they'd accept a bundle of low-LOD models for all the game's weapons and hats? Especially when it would make them look stupid, again they unified viewmodels with worldmodels in an attempt to curb the deteriorating performance and it accomplished jack shit.

At or around Mannconomy is pretty alright. Personally I'd stop at the exact moment they introduced Steam trading rather than just trading.

I loved Beta TF2 but yeah I was fine with a lot of the early editions like Medic, Heavy, and Scout update. I love that little double barrelled shotgun, and boy howdy did I abuse the fuck out of the Sandman at launch. No one could stop me.

If it's such an easy fix friend then help us. I'm being genuine here, if you have this knowledge then fix it. Hell we're working with source code. You could fix the hitbox issue TF2 has while you're at it

TF2V is most likely to stay "at launch" TF2 with just airblast and engy building carry.

Scout, Soldier, Demo, Heavy, and Sniper rape Pyro in vanilla, so no, he's bad.

I thought building relocation for engineers way WAAAAAAAAAAAAY later. I always remember destroying my stuff to rebuild. I also remember the good old days where smacking stuff with your wrench didn't help anything, you just had to wait for it to be done.

Pyro was designed to ambush. Airblast gave him a way to counter soldier and demos that spam pipes.

pick one

Is this what you guys were working on? Or are they two separate things?
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1570537

And any player with a brain won't get randomly ambushed by a Pyro. Turn corner, see pyro, shoot him and he dies before he kills you because you do more DPS. Soldier and Demo just simply spam corners to check for him. Heavy just revs up and mulches him. Sniper would obviously die in a close fight but a Sniper shouldn't be turning a corner that may have an enemy first/alone so that situation is very rare outside of just mindlessly playing Sniper.

Two separate things. The version I'm working on is TF2, but is a more modern TF2 without hats, bullshit gamemodes and such. That is just a straight up early version of TF2 ported to Source 2013 which is different than my version of TF2 which has Payload, Arena and KOTH.

shit opinions never cease to impress me

yeha it's an issue but I think attempts to remove it have been unsuccessful in the past, though that's with plugins. WOuld be interesting to see TF2 as it was out of the box again with only bug fixes.

To be fair the payload is buggy and doesn't work. Certain things like slopes where the carts are meant to slide down don't work as they should. Also to be fair keep an eye on that facepunch thing, if thye have trheir shit public we can nigger some things

This shit right here, you're all the product of those (((teachers))) telling dumbfuck kids that eat toothpaste how smart they are.

why not just play the damn game, as long as you keep a tight moderation shit should be playable.
no weapons is for competitive only.

DOOMED

Nah, TF2C was doomed ot fail when they started introducing shit that was anything but "classic".

it was because the mod was a faggot and the community was allowed to go to shit.

I believe there was talk of changing the name to "Community", don't know if they ever did though.

I haven't played yet and I like this idea, but launch TF2 was a bit of a mess. Few maps, most weren't very good and the balance was a bit wack. Maybe you could selectively add a few features/weapons from the very early updates, like the Kritzkrieg. Some of the Pyro stuff as well like the airblast and maybe the flaregun. I'd leave it at that though.

It was both. The devs were incapable as fuck too.

TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM

At that point you might as well play TF2C with all the extra stuff disabled via cvars.

Fuck me, the bots are back. What did Holla Forums do this time?

I would be, but nobody else is.

But TF2C still has a lot of stupid shit that really doesn't need to be there, like the OC DONUT STEEL gamemodes. What happened to TF2 being TF2?

Is fagblaster on this shit?

no

I was permabanned on Alpha's server.
Does that matter on this?

Not at all. Alphablaster is long gone and has no influence on TF2V. None of the people who were involved with creating TF2C are involved with TF2V.

Command variables only go so far.

I think the point people are missing is that with this, we have complete control over it. We arent at the mercy of faggot devs and Valve. We can do whatever we want, change whatever we want, fix whatever we want. People fucking forget that TF2C was a bug filled mess and so is TF2 proper (But with the latter being even more difficult to fix becuase all the updates are forced). With this way, we can do whatever we want to the game itself, not just the server.

After hundreds of years of deliberation and computation, the dusty machine whirrs to life and says:

… bid pussy fuck :stuck: MACK TRUCK BUTT FUCK sin body rule 34 of Amy Rose we must ensure an exsistance for :redpill_india: Civic nationalist TOP SEX TIPS CHRYSTLER BUILDING FUKKIN LIKE BUTTON which causes an anal orgasm by stimulation of the prostate because of which a novelization of fuck fuck rule 34 of Jenny Wakeman QUAKE 3 TEAM ARENA sucka meanwhile, NEW DOOM robotic lesbians NOTHING XXX BODY IMAGE sexy slut which is the lost episode of KingOfKek called a PNG 9 which then ordered that thing from McDonald's? What it called? Oh yeah! Benny NetYahoo infowars.com Condoms etc, etc. ads via Carbon horny bitch VHS camcorder JOKE THEIF SUPERORGY THE BOOK "CHRISTINE" 12-String Rickenbacker VHS TAPE fuck and their FAT PUSSY [myg0t]hats the CHEIF o' MY ASS IS EATING MY TOP 12 taste the paradise FURFASH BIBLEMAN SAVES cum :barr: :dunk_a_bitch: fuck zazza's from the folder called "MOM DON'T OPEN THIS ONE" the doppelganger PUNISHED VENOM SUPER BETAMAX :nollin: infowars.com Hentai towards fuck tetris robotic slut 500 the quran THE PART OF THE and an additional sniper scope for love show her body which meant that MONDO STOKED :penis: who made the movie TOTAL CARNAGE White PEOPLE BOTTOM OF which causes HER TO SQUIRT METAL GEAR HOOOOOLLLLYYY SHIT I HAVE AN ERECTION FUCK ME texas BONG HITS delicious diva markiplier GERALD FORD Detroit molested by asian ANARCHO-CAPITALISM.

… So sayeth the Oracle, KOOCHBOT 3000.

TF2C was open source. What's stopping you from forking it? Hell, with GitHub you can even revert back to pre-4team and fork from there.
github.com/danielmm8888/TF2Classic

Which is what happened, it was forked to remove 4team and FFA becoming TF2V.

It's a sign.

I wonder who could be behind it

This was fun, goodnight anons.

Wow great idea guys, let's fork an open-source project and make it closed-source. Fuck the man, we have complete control!

I look forward to reading the progress of this going forward. It still saddens me how goddamn stupid the path of TF2C became.

added

ping might be around 100 for euro anons

ill check the logs when i get back

So, are we making this like a gamenight for those of us willing to use (((Steam))) this weekend?

TF2 is eternally cursed

k

Wait for no-steam version.

Is it pre or post sniper nerf?

Pass

MIC SPAM PLEASE
I WANT TO REVIVE THE HORRIBLE MOMENTS WE HAD, Holla Forums PLEASE TAKE ME

Good news, server runs no-steam on windows.
Holla Forums server runs on linux, right?

Get in here fags

yeah it does

Downloading

have you made sure to install your Femme Pyro skin anons?

Okay.

MEN OF SCIENCE

That's a nigger tier mod.

I wish some bugs weren't removed, like the one that allowed Spies to deploy a Dispenser by sacrificing their Sapper.

Oh boy another attempt at bringing back the "Glory days" of TF2 by making it barebones and goes through the same shit as the other attempts at bringing it back.

Considering that OP said that only Holla Forums really knows about the game pretty much confirms it'll be dead soon since all the Holla Forums servers will insta-ban shit like furries who are the ones autistic enough to introduce other people and keep the game going.

im having some issues with fastdl so no custom maps for now, im setting up another separate server for testing so you wouldnt get interrupted

For one, the game did fine for years with stock weapons. And two, the reason why TF2C went to shit is because the devs were a band of retards who lacked any sort of idea on what they should've been doing, as well as the coordination to execute said ideas. They also completely ignored any criticism they got. That's why we ended up with shit like the double barrel sniper rifle.
Anyone with two braincells can figure out which unlocks don't belong and which ones actually add something (it's not many).

Alphafaggot was the only one doing that because he was trying to fit in. From what I remember Stalin only banned incredibly obnoxious people, if at all. Messing with pubfags is half the fun of playing on a dedicated server.

Pretty much this. Another issue is when we spread word of this some anons talked about a EULA or something akin to it. It'd be nice to see TF2V community grow as a mod, that doesn't mean however the Holla Forums servers should indulge in degeneracy.

TF2V user should look into an irc or something so people who want to contribute to fixes and stuff can help.. Not only that I fear in the event of him burning out we may lose the project

Wait, what was it?

incomprehensible spam and pictures of google image searches with random jumbles of words

now THIS is what we should be playing!

To be fair we can easily lynch that and use it for ourselves. it is open source after all

GOOD NEWS
Now both nosteam and steam clients can join Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN , we had problems with voice but nosteam user fixed it. Fastdl is fixed too so expect more maps

Nice, now to fix some of the mission animations and that indices error

Didn't you play Quake with Charls?

i did, briefly

Okay so Im just gonna throw a few things that need doing

Goddamnit rldr, i wanted to play!

Nice, me too. I knew I recognized your name.

We got cucked hard as hell.

I'm not going to use a closed source fork of an open source project if that's what you're implying, nigger. The DL for that is 1.4 GB, for TF2V it's 2.something GB. I don't know what makes TF2V so fat, but combined with the fact that TF2V has a airblast and building carrying it seems clear which is actually going for the vintage TF2 experience.

Even if you go for Cathedral model over the Bazaar model, I'd still recommend it. Going open source does not mean accepting every retarded pull request or suggestion, but it gives Holla Forums a way of continuing the project and pushing bugfixes even if something happens to you, like getting in a car accident or cucking out and adding hats.

It was a simpler time. We were so innocent.

I'm not the guy working on it. I'd love it to be OS, but TF2V user seems to not be posting the source. I have no way of making him so it's up to him

It means any cuck with indian-tier coding skills can leech off your work and use your code to create cancer.

There are other ways.

Anything short of getting hit by a fucking meteor won't stop you from passing the torch. Since you have at least basic coding skills you may as well get a deadman's switch that releases the game.

I'm triggered because its true.

Modders already do that without source access. If you don't want anyone to edit your OC, don't fucking post it on the internet in the first place.
Hard drive failures or building fires can really fuck up your project unless you backed the source up somewhere else.

I'm working on opening the source code for TF2V, it's going to take me some time to convert it over from closed source to open source. I'm going to be very busy next week which will mean that if it's not up by the end of the weekend, it'll be a week.

Yeah right, the FOUR KEY furry texture pack is as intrusive as someone changing anything in the game before compiling it.

If you're defragging your SDD every single day, sure.

Only if you're Indian and live in one of those new delhi zerg hives.

Getting that is not that difficult unless you're one of the project zomboid chucklefucks that have their laptops stolen every other week.

Open source sucks dick.

TF2V is using a slightly trimmed down of TF2C assets which in turn is a trimmed down version of 2014/2015 Live TF2. There's a lot of unused content in TF2C/TF2V and instead of focusing on FFA and TTT I plan on using as much of that content as possible. It's why even dumb shit like Invasion works almost perfectly in TF2V but isn't anywhere in TF2C.

Reminder that only Windows users need to defragment because they're stuck on the ancient, incredibly shit NTFS.
Proprietary software sucks even more dick, you're just not allowed to look under the hood to see how much dick it's sucking or fix it yourself.

SSD failures are worse because it's much harder to recover data from them. It's why you install your operating systems and maybe a few key programs on a SSD and everything else on a regular hard drive.

This, tf2v user needs to get off his ass and post a repo already.

The reskinned Invasion maps were fucking stupid but "WE HAVE ENTERED THE BEAM" Watergate is fun as fuck

'Avin a giggle at his bringing up an SSD unsolicited when the discussion was about hard-drive failures. He's stupid no matter how you slice it since you wouldn't be storing things game-development files on an SSD.

See , I'm going to spend the weekend going from closed source to open source. Please try to be patient as I get the repo up and running.

That's great news.

Good shit to hear. at this rate if we do have anons that can contribute we'll probably blow pass TF2C in bug fixes.

It'll hopefully get fixed. If TF2V user can't do it when the thing gets it's repo set up I'm sure someone can.

Hahahhahahah, this is going to be closed source for no reason other than the creator can feel special.

read

I remember level 3 sentries have HD textures, maybe the server crash thing can be fixed if the textures are replaced with the ones from 2007 tf2?

Fuck this game

hold up, i thought this was a client crash?

Feels like people on the server right now just installed the game.

50 tf2 maps added to

SHUT IT DOWN

How do i get tf2v to work? I downloaded it but i have no clue what to do now.

Never mind, i skimmed through the thread and think i found a way

it keeps happening

I just got ERRORs everywhere on the map.

It's a stock map in TF2 should just be able to extract it from TF2's map folder and plop it into TF2V

there we go again

adding raw .bsp maps to fastdl, if that doesnt work you can always individually download them 74.91.123.198/fastdl

oops, seems like a few newer tf2 maps slipped in

This is the planned update for stage 2 is to get the newer content working. Most of the maps have ERRORs on them, but fortunately it's very little total assets that need to be added for them to work.

kill me

Not having a repo set up =/= being retarded
I doubt that

Know issue, happens with sentries.

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Is the owner of the Holla Forumsintage fun server going to add in custom maps, or are we just doing Valve maps? Will there be custom maps in the future?

oh boy here we go again

No clue. Right now even stock maps have issues

Assblaster is gone. he's still on TF2C

It definitely was; when he joined the server I asked if he owned it, and he did the admin text display thing to message "yes it is bitch". I didn't play much longer after that before leaving. I tried to rejoin just now and I was b&. what a faggot, too much of a bitch to ban me while I was on the server.

Can he just die of AIDS already?

cp_sunshine is missing some textures, just a heads up.

There's also a glitch at pic related which gets players stuck inside the rock outside of the map.

Are you talking about TF2V or TF2C?
be specific.

He made an entirely new Steam account, doesn't help that he made it painfully obviously connected to his old ones through being Alphablaster and associated with REDChanit.

steamcommunity.com/id/E1M1Hangar

That's the thing I was mentioning where most maps have most assets in them but some maps are missing a lot. Sunshine and the event maps are the worst for this. I do believe cp_foundry works perfectly fine though.

Compatibility for those maps is phase two.

To be fair the maps that were taken from retail TF2 can be fixed if we just take the assets from a retail copy and plop them into TF2V. As for assblaster we do need to be careful in making him a boogeyman, but at the same time we need to watch for faggotry on a similar scale to his or him outright

Fairly easy. The biggest part is finding what models are missing and adding the textures and the models from TF2C to TF2V. It'll take some time but it's not too difficult to do plus the majority of it is already there.

I just remembered when Payload was new and Engineers could smack it with their wrench and the "dispenser" inside would get upgraded, and a model for it would appear on top of the smoke stack.

Good times.

Vvery sorry to bump this thread when it's on page 8 already.
I just realised that I haven't added any of you to my friends list, and I can't find any other way for us to organise another game. Have any of you played since this thread was made?
If there's no group, or site or anything could the players from then post their steam handles? Mine is AryanShiro

Thanks in advance.

Dont die

there will be custom maps

We'll just make more threads for it.

The problem was serverside afterall, now fixed

Added 15 custom maps to the server, heres to hoping they dont use too much of the newer tf2 content

Only problem with payload as stated is the lack of actual PL mechanics such as the cart track hud, and the slopes. should be able to fix that but for now it's weird

The mega download is broke, where else can I download this?

Thanks, m8

Where is the serb?
DDD:

74.91.123.198:27015

bump,is there designated playtimes?,I can probably get into it.

I love you guys, I really do.

if you did you would be playing RIGHT NOW

I'm downloading it RIGHT NOW

Gonna prep a new thread with an updated OP. I think once the git repo goes public we should attempt to make knowledge of this mod more public, while Holla Forums can have it's own server it'd be nice to see more than 1 server on the list

Yes, tfc fucked up but this is way more promising. Can't we get it on the tf2 wiki or something?

Dunno, is TF2C? if it is only fair this mod gets a shake

It is
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_2_Classic

If I wasn't a lazy dumbass I'd make it, but alas I do not know how to make a wiki page.

Does anyone have any footage of high pop they want to post?

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_2_Vintage

If the logo is fucked I have no idea how to upload images on wikis and the last attempt got deleted for "not having a redirect" which I have no clue what they mean

All I have is vid related

bumping

how new are you

new thread coming up

my bad

NEW THREAD