Greatest Vidya Scams?

I've always wondered what the greatest vidya scam of all time has been? Ones perhaps that aren't so blatant and the scammer has managed to get away with countless shekels.

Yogventures

Mighty Number 9.
The worst part is that it was so obvious.

Star citizen

No Man's Sky
CS GO

This
Not only did it waste 130+ millions it now doesn't even truly belong to the devs.

Lmao what ? Roberts sold it already ?

If we're talking subtle and making money hand over fist working for Activision in their early years qualify, making cheap games and selling them for lods of dosh while not letting anyone working on them get credit.

That sounds pretty evil and for the norm now. wonder if there are any devs that have scammed publishers out of loads of shekels?

Consoles.

Loaned a shitton of mony from a bank with the IP ownership as collateral.

Atari refused to credit anyone who made their games. That's why a lot of them had to sneak their names in as famous secrets.

Just read on the space thread, did he really say he was going to sell Squadron 42, even though a lot of backers paid for that?

I had forgotten about that.

the entire steam service is probably the definitive gaming scam. you don't even own your games and they can be revoked at any time and this has happened many times in the past. patches are required to play your games and every game needs to be authenticated before you can play them offline.

it's a genius scam. How many steam accounts are there? 300 million?

What? Is it because of the skin weapon controversy sometime ago?

/thread

That shit's going to have a legit death count.

Not sure if you've been following it recently, Valve finally caved and added sprays to CSGO.

Since even Star Citizen produced content, I agree with this.

wait is that real ? i remember using spray back on 1.6 and they lasted for entire game until someone unhosted the map

Now Valve is charging people and it only lasts few rounds?

As long as kids buy it no reason no to sell.

Star Citizen is probably the largest dollar-wise, but it has already produced a sort of half assed product. Even if it's shitty and lives up to zero of the promises, it exists. If you want a pure pump and dump investment scam, look at Infinium Labs.

these two

Only makes me wonder which suicide method is going to be the most popular.

Well isn't this a funny (((coincidence)))

Cheetamen 2 reproduction cartridge
You can play the last two shitty levels for the great price of 60 motherfucin dollars
(((Sponsored))) by AVGN
it took like 3$ per cartridge in reality to make, and this man made almost 100,000$ in kickstarter bucks and ruined all of AVGN's credibility credibility

Every procedurally-generated open world game ever.

Selling incomplete games and making the consumers ok with it.

it's dlc if you couldn't figure it out

worst of all there are Holla Forums users that are ok with it

i used to play Kingdoms of Loathing

Almost every NES era game.

Fuck you. Caves of Qud is great.

So did I, what happened to it?

Avgn had credibility in the first place?

Fuck off faggot.

Xbox Live.
Microsoft convinced an entire generation to pay for Peer to Peer gaming services.
Were the memes that spread.Those that did were branded as Sony Fanboys or salty PC gamers.
The only people who truly learned how bullshit that was ?
The Chromehounds community.
I had never seen such pure devestation in a gaming community.

when?