Wurm feels edition

Member tending to your crops and building your wooden shack all night user?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/12976278.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What a concept for a MMO. Never tried it, but heard it's very grindy shit.

Its comfy as fuck but you definitely need at least 5 people playing to have a blast.

Protecting you and yours from the hordes of shit out there that wants to fuck your village and leave your corpse as spider shit.

or taking up a trade and being your villages dedicated builder, roadmaker, chef who runs the local inn, to being the towns priest who checks in on everyone and demands attendance to church services, or building a sailing boat and exploring the seas mapping out the fauna and resources.

It died long ago due to retarded, panicky Anons. Get over it and let it go already.

I fucking miss this game.
Is Holla Forums's private serb ded?

Some of us are here to pay our respects.

Pay my balls.

Post pics first.

I miss muh harse.

I still play Wurm Online - on official servers. In my opiniom, WU is kind of stupid and goes against the persistant and permanemt nature of WO. My current goal is getting 50-60 animal husbandry and being the primary horsefuck assistant.

It's great when faggots aren't trying to revive it every 3 weeks. It's too much of an investment of time and patience for people to keep restarting every few months, even at boosted rates.
If you dumbfucks would let it die for a year or so we might actually get a large and enthusiastic turnout like we did for the founding of Brosmouth. Until then it's just going to fizzle quicker and quicker as the last few willing oldfags burn out.

I think part of it was being on a non-Holla Forums hosted server and having outsiders to deal with. Maybe if another private server pops up that hasn't been found to be shit yet again.

I was there for the founding of Brosmouth, but had to bail like a week after we started since my job picked up again. I just don't the have the time to put into it. i tried to come back after the server went tits up to no avail.

Did the Swastika town square ever take off?

i miss being a NEET so fucking much

There's been four incarnations in the past year, though.
Brosmouth, Brosmouth -> Broschwitz (died of retard normalfag moderation)
richfag's server (died of drama)
resurrection of Broschwitz (died of retard normalfag moderation/exhaustion)
new richfag server (died of exhaustion)
Last server was 100% user-run, had little drama, good rates and PvP/dynamic PvE to hold peoples' attention once they got gud. Thing is, this was the third (or fourth for people who rerolled for Broschwitz v2) re-grinding of a new character for oldfags. I'm a NEET and even I didn't come back for it, and population was nowhere near the 25-30 we sometimes hit at peak first iteration.
The thing needs a good long rest so the mental scars of autistic grinding can heal. Then all the oldfags will come out of the woodwork and we can find a new richfag to host a good user-run server for a greater time than even the golden age of first iteration.

Brosmouth stayed a cluttered mess 'til the cataclysm. Broschwitz, however, had a fancy diagonal swastika design with round border for most of the town's duration until a retard admin nuked it. I'm sure someone has some screencaps of it, all lit up and pretty. ;n;

Both WU and WO are retarded.
WU is stupid because it's either 1) not enough of an investment, you can get to 99 in a skill by botting for 3 days, or 2) too much of an investment for something that's very quickly going to die.
WO is retarded because it's TOO permanent. The world has already been terraformed, ancient ruins of settlements are everywhere. And you're going to have to grind for a year to catch up to the people who already have grinded. You think you're any match for this asshole who has 90 shield skill? (which is unbelievably broken I might add)
Epic was a good idea, the original plan was for the entire server to reset periodically, but it never happened. It would have been great.

Also WO has retarded player CMs who will literally ban you if you PVP them. I'm looking at you, Blackdog.

also to run a good WU server you'd need super computer levels of RAM to generate a good map. Artistic Autism to design a fun world, and the java know how to run a dedicated server and GM the shitty console based world.

This much is true. So many terraformed areas on freedom isles. Xanadu is better in that regard, BUT the issue is that xanadu lags like a motherfucker, and I don't think they will ever fix it. Shame, xana is a great continent.

Also, funnily enough, my highest skills are fighting, digging and mining. I got from 35 to 70 fighting in like 3 days of casual playing. I am on exodus, and there is this desert in the south that is full of scorps and crocs. I genocided that place twice. One of my village m8s has good vyn and fo priests, so he made a fantastic large axe for me, with lt, coc and something else, I forget.

Retarded mistakes anons make when creating Wurm servers:

Low rates - Despite the fact everyone is restarting from scratch for the 4th or 5th time

Oversized maps - Despite the fact the population will never have use for or even see most of it.

Making the tedious unfun combat even more tedious by lowering the combat rating modifier.

Yeah that's fair, although the fourth run didn't have very long for retarded shit to brew, about all I remember is some noise about having a completely blank slate start. Having to start over so frequently is pretty damn morale draining, agreed. The exp rate last time felt pretty alright, at least.

Weren't you guys using a private server?
Do you need developers?

didn't richfag die?

this makes me want to play again, but I refuse to re-install windows just for this.

I miss Broschwitz. I wish it would have lasted into the cooking update, I could have finally gotten everyone drunk.

Tfw noone cares enough to properly revive it though. Last attempt was a fucking mess. Next time: No goddamn drama. What are we, Reddit? Next time we just all build another Broschwitz together again.

LET THIS GAME REST FOR NOW
DO NOT UNEARTH AND KILL IT AGAIN SO FAST
LET IT REST

is that pirate server still up even? the one broschwitz was on?

No idea m8. Noone would want to return there though. The normalfag admin apparently went full retard on it.

Nice try, super satan. But at least he didn't douse it in lava.

how can you go full retard on a server whose active population is like 6 people. when Holla Forums left the server pop was cut in half.

I dunno I think he wanted money for setting up portals or some shit like that?

Reminder Notch got his start from 4/v/ latching onto Wurm and 4/b/ crashing it. He was a developer on it and when he saw the popularity of the crafting system explode in our chats, he made Minecraft.

Didn't notch leave wurm long before 4/v/ found it?

I'm pretty sure he left during/as a result of our first invasion. You may be thinking of another later time. We had fun until Holla Forums found it and melted their fucking servers. I remember people calling Minecraft a rip-off of that piece of shit Infiniminer when the very first alpha dropped.

The Holla Forums serb is still up, I checked 2 days ago. Our town broakland is still here, and no one else was on obviously. How is the loot from the dungeons by the way? Nice of the owner to DM like that, game needed that.

Notch himself said he got "inspired" by infiniminer.

Minecraft was arguably an improvement in every way and the only thing it copied was the block thing. Infiniminer defense force was top autism.

I needed this thread. I miss you fuckers. We've had some good times. I don't want the last server to have been the last, but I don't think I will ever have the time to play again. The first time I dropped in, ran from a troll down the dirt road and made it to Brosmouth. Going down into the mines desperately trying to get iron for my first cart. Getting more iron for nails because you couldn't hitch animals to a small cart. Learning every little step of how to play. The initial difficulty of figuring out what you could kill and what you couldn't. The Crusades against the lava spider menace. The town littered with tents and garbage, people everywhere at all hours. INDUSTRY. Everyone getting together to shit on the normans. Wiping out Artorias' entire cedar farm. Then the quake hit, in the time everyone else logged on once a day to ask how long, we'd built an entire harbor town and ships to sail to the new world.

Then we sailed. Some of us made it, the journey was perilous. We followed the first there and began shaping the raw land, we made it into a shining jewel of the server, it put the spawn to shame and made the GM look like an unimaginative hack. No creature could stand to us. No HOTA was a challenge. The autistic normalfag rage from the other loners on the server only fueled us. The admin hated us. We'd come to his lands, torn his achievements to shreds and we did it all without giving him a dime. We were the true spirit of Wurm, what it SHOULD be. We CONQUERED that server. Echoes of Holla Forumss time on that server will remain for years. Even once the roads turn to gravel, then to dirt, then are grassed over again, there's a painstakingly dug set of roads. I'm sure those roads will be lined with exotic and hard to get fruit trees and olives.

I miss that sense of camaraderie. I hope you guys will be alright, wherever you are and whatever you're doing.

Wurm stories? Wurm stories.
I present to you: My war against alcohol

When I came to Broschwitz I didn't really know what to do at first, so I asked around trying to figure out which job was needed the most. I didn't want to do something someone else already did and be useless. The answer was: Be the village chef. Even though I was new I inherited the village inn right at the town center and spent my days grinding the everliving fuck out of Hot Food Cooking even though it was - and still is - a very slow skill to grind. After we had so many meals that most of them just went bad over time I decided that this village could not stay sober any longer and wanted to take on the other skill noone had: Beverages.
After initial experiments at creating alcohol I quickly figured out that making alcohol in this game was a bitch. First I fell for a clever feint Rolf (the game dev in case you don't know) set: When you put strawberries and maple syrup into the crafting window, red wine appears on the output window. But when you click on producing it it tells you that you actually need grapes. Afaik, this was the only crafting recipe where this bullshit was a thing and it made no sense at all. Grapes could only be harvested once per year and you had to plant them with the forestry skill from sprouts you picked from wild bushes. Those new plants then sprout themself, allowing you to increase the numbers of bushes. Because grape season was still far away I went for the second option: Ricewine.

Now for ricewine you need not one, not two, but three goddamn skills, all high as fuck. First: Farming, to make high QL rice. Then Hot Food Cucking, to create high QL cooked rice from your rice. However, this is where the bullshit intensified: The maximum QL the cooked rice could have was either the rice QL or the HFC skill, whichever was lower. And when you make rice the QL would be completely random between 1 and the maximum HFC skill / rice QL. So after skilling farming and HFC like crazy I had to cook fucktons of rice and had to throw most of it away since it was low QL - because below a certain QL, the wine would not be drinkable.

But that was only one ingredient. The other was maple syrup. Maple season was also only once per year, quickly creating my personal meme which was me constantly asking in chat "WHEN'S MAHPLE!?". I planted a huge wood of maple trees and we also had other woods nearby. When the season came everyone helped - but sadly, almost noone had high forestry skill which, in return, fucked the syrup QL. I had to collect most of it myself in order to get some high QL shit I could actually use for ricewine (the rest was planned for grape wine, since that shit aged over time instead of decaying, increasing its QL so everyones effort wasn't wasted… or so I thought). Thankfully boiling the sap into syrup didn't have some QL-fucking properties though. So now I was able to produce decent cooked rice and I had muh syrup. Only thing left was to skill beverages.

TBC

Part 2

Because we had priests who increased my yield for farming and because my farming skill was autistically high I was able to produce unbelievable amounts of strawberries which I had to press into juice to increase the skill. First one of my bros created a rare fruit press which already increased the speed of juicemaking to levels other professions would dream of. But then the RNGods sent me my holy artifact of strawberry destruction and my nigga created the SURPREME FRUIT PRESS, a machine equal to the gods. With it I could literally burn through thousands of strawberries in less then an hour. Creating one unit of juice out of one strawberry took around 0.2 seconds. The limiting factor was no longer crafting speed but how quickly the press would get damaged because of the sheer amounts of useage. I had beverages on 90+ in no time at all and thought I was finally ready.

But then it turned out that when creating ricewine, it would go through the same bullshit RNG like when you cook rice. Because of this, while beverages skill seemed to increase my chances, I still had to throw away a lot of low QL rice wine. Still, the rest was finally drinkable. Finally I was able to find out what alcohol does in this game. At this point one thing became perfectly obvious: Rolf was a recovering alcoholic and his hatred for alcohol went deep. What it did was INCREASE YOUR CHANCE TO FAIL AT CRAFTING. All this work - for a debuff. In theory this still had some uses if you wanted to skill something without using mats as you still gained skill when you failed at crafting but this combined with how quickly the wine would spoil was just 100% top fucking kek.

With the new cooking update, alcohol basically becomes a skillgain-potion where its effects last much longer than those of other foods or beverages. Beverages also became much more than just a meme-skill since many types of tea were introduced which also have a smiliar, weaker effect, countered by how easy it is to cook tea. Sadly, everyone left Broschwitz before the update came since we had nothing left to do. We completely dominated the normalfags and basically won at the entire game. There was nothing left to do. (Next time we need a higher purpose, lads.)

TL;DR Alcohol used to be biggest bullshit I have ever encountered in any videogame ever before the cooking update came.

Fuck maple season, my *skill was Beverages so I went down the wine making road as well. Its an esteemed position for refined gentleman.

Who remembers Brohalla?

You think you have it bad? My only affinity on the OFFICIAL server is fucking "hammers" skill. Not misc/hammer, not Large Maul. Hammers. There is one single weapon in the game that uses this skill, and it's the Hammer of Magranon. It is only found on pvp servers and can not be moved to freedom isles.

You mean the first one, on Golden Valley? The one on the Bear Peninsula, which we had terraformed from a desolate marsh into a beautiful forest village (and then newfags came in 2nd wave and cut all the trees)? The one with Brolossus, the very first colossus on GV?

please tell me there are screenshots of this

Unfortunately, I didn't take many overall screenshots, and I have none of the completed Brolossus. But still…

Also, pardon the low resolution. I pulled these from my old photobucket account, and I currently only have my phone. For some reason, I can't save high res images from mobile version of photobucket.

anyone have the server code still?

Welcome home Holla Forums!!! to the Grave Realm!!!

8ch.net/v/res/12976278.html

any of my scarlett lake bros still alive? ;_;