Vita Thread #31

"Where is the Baker" Edition
WHATCHA:
And most importantly, are you still having fun?
Upcoming games:
iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2017/
Previous Threads:
pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu
archive.li/2br5N
First-Time Buyer's FAQ:
pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx
Vita Hacking:
pastebin.com/3bdt8a3s
Vita Wallpapers:
ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?sort=date&platform=all&page=1
dualshockers.com/ps-vita-exclusive-drive-girls-releasing-north-america-august/
dualshockers.com/playstation-exclusive-night-birth-exe-latest-coming-west-courtesy-aksys/
dualshockers.com/aksys-games-otome-announcements-ps4-ps-vita/
dualshockers.com/penny-punching-princess-nintendo-switch-ps-vita-western-release-next-year/
dualshockers.com/longest-five-minutes-announced-nintendo-switch-also-coming-ps-vita-pc-2018/
dualshockers.com/yomawari-midnight-shadows-western-release-date-announced-ps4-ps-vita-pc/
dualshockers.com/demon-gaze-2-western-release-announced-ps4-ps-vita/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-deals/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLDEALS|platform~vita|
store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/big-in-japan/cid=STORE-MSF75508-BINJ2017VITA/1
videogamesplus.ca/specials.php
gematsu.com/2017/07/aquaplus-three-four-titles-development-one-due-around-spring-2018-japan
twitter.com/aksysgames/status/883460263474679808
mega.nz/#F!Bs9zHYZL!0O50ozGgXlyLlMlEcJA3PADungeon
mega.nz/#F!9xFRzbqb!qK5z7RgS4RQT3PMmxWxgjg
mega.nz/#F!6gwTCCTZ!boxPoqATh6aeYu9D-ec10A
mega.nz/#F!lxkznaAR!KYSrkMwNWj4bDGGpsqgtkQ
gematsu.com/2017/07/gintama-action-game-announced-ps4-ps-vita
twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/885191345530322945
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
gematsu.com/2017/07/gintama-project-last-game-ps4-coming-asia-english
dualshockers.com/windjammers-launches-ps4-ps-vita-august-29th/
twitter.com/aksysgames/status/887467415918919680
ricedigital.co.uk/rabi-ribi-console-release-date-revealed/
gbatemp.net/threads/working-tokyo-xanadu-jp-w-english-assets.478093/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17PSVG
archive.is/kl8Cu
enso.henkaku.xyz/
gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
pastebin.com/mwawK6rz
github.com/yifanlu/usbmc/releases
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-theme-1/cid=UP2611-PCSE00959_00-UTAWAREMODTHEME1
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-theme-2/cid=UP2611-PCSE00959_00-UTAWAREMODTHEME2
mobile.twitter.com/theflow0/status/893155643422539776
archive.is/eJusp
vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Error_Codes#C2
iffysonlinestore.com/MarySkelterNightmaresLE
humblebundle.com/2k-playstation-bundle
pastebin.com/a8kiP7Fs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?sort=date&platform=all&page=1

EU deals (GB)

I bought Shiren the Wanderer at AX. It was only $30 for the LE with no tax, and I figured it was worth that much at least. I almost got SRW V from a booth, but it was $80 so fuck that.

On the bright side, there was one other import vidya booth that was actually really impressive. Not vita related but I snagged a copy of the original JP Ys: Oath in Felghana PC LE for $42, new in box. I got it signed by Falcom's president during one of his signings.

What did you guys do this weekend?

Latest vidya announcements:

Aksys
dualshockers.com/ps-vita-exclusive-drive-girls-releasing-north-america-august/
dualshockers.com/playstation-exclusive-night-birth-exe-latest-coming-west-courtesy-aksys/
dualshockers.com/aksys-games-otome-announcements-ps4-ps-vita/

dualshockers.com/penny-punching-princess-nintendo-switch-ps-vita-western-release-next-year/
dualshockers.com/longest-five-minutes-announced-nintendo-switch-also-coming-ps-vita-pc-2018/
dualshockers.com/yomawari-midnight-shadows-western-release-date-announced-ps4-ps-vita-pc/
dualshockers.com/demon-gaze-2-western-release-announced-ps4-ps-vita/

FUCK. Why is it so hard to make a decision? Maybe I should just say "Fuck it" and wait for Rabi-Ribi.

Mid Year Sale until next week

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-deals/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLDEALS|platform~vita|

I already have the games I wanted on physical, but I bought Earth Defence Force from the previous sale. Need to gid gud so I can play multiplayer.

Wait, he showed up at the same place you bought it, or do you mean you brought it to a different event for him to sign?

Slept, mostly. My sleep cycle's been completely fucked lately, so the priority's been trying to get a more standard schedule for it than "whenever, if ever".

Here's hoping its English script is on par with the first game's. Not that I trust NISA or want to give them money, but if it turns out they actually do a decent job for once, I might make a note to pick it up preowned down the line. Though, that assumes it's actually getting a physical Vita release that could be bought used here.

which digimon is best for vita?

I was at Anime Expo, and NISA brought him over to promote Ys VIII. Don't care much for the localization since I already have the JP release, but I did take the opportunity to meet with with him. I asked him to bring Crossbell over and he said that Falcom is looking for partners to do just that.

I've got a bad feeling about that. Unless their aim is to keep XSEED on for Trails (despite Falcom having sent Adol to the butcher shop that is NISA), it sounds like maybe they're looking elsewhere there too. Though, that's just my take on what you've provided.

XSEED literally can't do the Zero/Ao Evolution releases, while NISA potentially can. I talked with a few people, and that's all I can say.

Glad the thread is up and running again. Whats the best/cheapest sites that you guys use to order stuff from overseas again? The only places I found seemed a bit expensive

DT2
Nothing
Moe Chronicle (Asia version) and Moe Crystal

Steins;Gate finally. Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I do. Wasn't expecting the JoJo reference 20 mins in.
Tokyo Xanadu and God Wars, more the former than latter.
Either one or the other. How is Xanadu?

Xanadu is fun, but I don't think I'd like it nearly as much if I wasn't catching Trails references like every 10 seconds. Most of the references are from Zero+Ao and Cold Steel I+II.

Playasia and there is a wierd Canadian store

It's kinda mediocre. It's like Nayuta but missing a lot of the best parts of Nayuta.

Persona 2/Super Robot Wars V
More time to play vidya
Mary Skelter, maybe some trails or ys as I keep hearing how good they are
Of course

Cybersleuth was pretty good, although had some really bad translations in some spots.
There's a new digimon game in the works as well
Is there another digimon game on the vita right now?

So Drive Girls is coming to US, interesting. Has anyone played it yet and is it any good?

FUCKING GIVE ME MY DATING SIM ALREADY YOU FAGGOT
WHY THE FUCK DO THEY ALWAYS PORT OVER OTOME BUT NOT DATING SIM

What if I want to buy something from Amazon.jp but they won't ship to me?

Because Otome games have a confirmed market here and, since they're aimed at girls, are less likely to get protested against because they're not "sexualized" like dating sims. except they are

You might be able to get a service that ships to an address in japan and then forwards to you. I know they exist but I don't know any by name.

Started over after that decensor failure and am doing more sidequests this time. It makes it easier having better weapons, but it's still as annoying when enemies have too much HP and swarm you even with a partner to even it a bit. Still, the game compensates for its bad combat and I'm enjoying it way more than I ever did the Senran games.

Just to appease our resident moon speaker, I am in distaste with the localization here and there (an FFX opening reference? seriously?) and the Vita version, while generally playable has an absurd delay before people get loaded.

Just because it's on special doesn't mean you have to buy it.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/big-in-japan/cid=STORE-MSF75508-BINJ2017VITA/1

Seems to be a good sale on. The Atelier for that price seem fucking great, anything else to consider?

If you haven't picked up Digimon Story yet, thats a decent price.

online stores: play-asia, heavy-arm, mariio128 and videogamesplus.

videogamesplus.ca/specials.php

Da fuck is this shit

Flashy Paths 3rd is a reality

Didnt the amazon.jp started to ship to gayins a few years ago?

gematsu.com/2017/07/aquaplus-three-four-titles-development-one-due-around-spring-2018-japan

Fuck I've been waiting for the Atelier Trilogy to go cheap again for the US PSN, but it just won't happen

Thanks anons

Well, of course, but that's not the reason why I considered buying it. I do actually have some interest in those games. Tearaway was the only title I specially didn't care much for. SSD is apparently a big change from the original, but since I can't use the online pass that it comes with, I'm pretty much not buying it.

Rabi-Ribi needs to come out already. It sucks enough I'll have to buy another Vita for it, although that memory card adapter might make up for it.

Not really, only selected seller.

Going to use them the whole game now.

Considering TK made that "three for the price of two" bundle for the expanded Arland Vita ports a year or two back, it makes me wonder if they're as inclined to mark those down these days. Speaking of which, have they gotten around to bundling the Dusk games as of yet, or are all of those still individually sold?

So now I've got a PSTV on 3.60 and just installed Henkaku but I fucked up and forgot that even though I can use the HDMI out to plug the thing to a PC monitor that does mean I get no sound at all and using a TV ain't an option
Anything I can fuck up real bad by installing games on USB?
How do I deal with not PSTV compatible games?

Anti-blacklist floating around somewhere and as far as I'm aware after you mount the USB as memory it should work the same as a memory card minus utilities that install based on the memory card's usual name.

No big issues from my experience. If you accidentally try loading one of those games while the USB is unmounted you'll just get a "file is corrupt" error and it'll kick you back to the Livearea.
Like said, there's an antiblacklist app. There's also a setting that you toggle in the hold-PS-button menu that activates touchscreen emulation mode, if you're playing a game that uses the touchscreens.

Neat, I'd assume it doesn't work as well as a real touchpad but that doesn't seem to be much of an issue in most cases.

Cool, I'd rather check this kind of shit out beforehand since it seemed almost too good to be true.

Is Demon Gaze any good? Thinking of picking it up on sale
are there any nep games with translations that aren't complete garbage? Are they any good at all?

Re;Birth 1 has a passable translation, 2 and 3 have fucked translations with retranslation updates if you're on 3.60. The Sega Hard Girls crossover game has a retranslation starting up for PC and Vita. PP has a meme filled translation, and it was also the last Neptune game that NISA had any involvement with. I would assume that the other side games have alright translations since we haven't done anything to them.

Oh, I should say in regards to the retranslations for Re;Birth 2 and 3, the update for 3 is done but 2 is technically complete I just need to finish importing the new scripts.

It's pretty hard to. Just don't screw around in random folders and apply common sense. Ideally keep it in safe mode but I'm guessing you can't do USB mounting without that.

Both are pretty useless. Front for lock screen, keyboard, and lewd rubbing games. I only use the back one for morphing in Touch my Katamari, and as L2/R2 for Adrenaline/RetroArch but I suspect PSTV use physical controller buttons for L2/R2?

You're doing god's work.

Play with a Dualshock 4 and use the headset jack on it for sound.

Seemed like a good idea but apparently you can't and it doesn't seem to work when I tried.

Demon Gaze is alright. It has some nice IA music and some fun bosses. It's pretty shallow though when it comes to Dungeon RPGs. However, it's an easy introduction into the genre.

SRW Z3 Jigoku-hen. Also need to get back to Gundam Breaker 3.

Not much at this point.

Just got my copies of God Wars and Omega Labyrinth Z

Vid related

Makes me glad I have the OST and arranged version of the second game.

They're doing cheaper reprints of DT1 and 2 in August apparently, so maybe they'll start doing reprints of the OST as well.

Best Tales game to start with on Vita?

You only have 2 options, and it doesn't matter which you pick. Either Hearts R or Innocence R.

Is Warriors Orochi 3 any good? I'm going to throw it on my vita after I empty out some space from Exist Archive being a piece of shit.

If you like musous then the huge roster will be right up your alley, having all the characters helps bring some variety to the tedium even if the characters are a bit shallow even for a musou

twitter.com/aksysgames/status/883460263474679808

Hopefully that's the case. Thanks to some anons in this thread, I found out about the special edition for DT2-2. Got the soundtrack and CD. Ripping that as I type this.

I downloaded the DT2 soundtrack from Youtube and will have the DT2-2 CDs ready soon. Anyone want them?

On that note, Demon Gaze also has a good soundtrack. I'm surprised I didn't even realize it was IA after playing IA-VT. It also had an arranged soundtrack which I didn't even know it had until yesterday.

I have the physical DT2-2 discs, but I would appreciate if you uploaded those along with DT2. Does the west ever sell game OSTs? It seems like it's just a Nippon thing

here is a DT2 OST link I found on cuckchan
www mediafire.com/folder/rmpt35pl1be29/Various_Stuff

Correct that. I have the Drama CDs and Chiptune soundtrack. Guess I don't have the OST. Anyway I'll upload those. Is FLAC/WAV fine or would you rather have MP3? I'll go ahead and upload the Disgaea 3 Arranged soundtrack too since I was going to post that in the Share Thread anyway.

I thought the premium edition had the original OST too, but I guess not. Flac/wav would be fine.

If anyone wants to know, this seems to be pretty legit with full tags and two discs. The bit rate for the tracks are around ~200 kbps though.

It was something they used to be proud of. But as time went on, goodies with releases became less of a thing in the west. And when they do have special editions, they're terribly bloated in price and offer shit no one cares about. Soundtracks? AAA devs don't care with an exception of the guy who does Assassins Creed music, though I have no idea if they still have him like the earlier games. There's also the Hitman series which is usually on point with its music. It reminds me when they changed the composer, Martin O'Donnell, for Halo for the new trilogy. I was pretty upset about that.

Of course not all western games are AAA, however, it is clear Japanese music is the most well known when it comes to video game music. We barely get anything western in the video game music threads. That could be due to this being 8ch and not Reddit, however I know there are people here who delve a lot into video game music.

Much appreciated user. Aquaplus isn't bad when it comes to music.

I don't even think the OST is even released yet. I looked on Amazon.co.jp, VDMdb, and CDjapan. They had no record of such a thing.

Depends on the game, and if Japanese made, also perhaps how niche it is. I know some companies, such as Atlus, have included some as first print bonuses, but it's a bit rare for one those to be a full soundtrack, and are rather samplers or "selections" with a mere handful of the full tracks, and the sort to just use a cardstock sleeve rather than jewel case. LEs and CEs might be liable to have higher quality production and more songs, but I'd wager even that's a bit of a crapshoot, depending on how far the company in question is willing to go. Some games have pretty large OSTs, and not every company might want to print up as many discs as are needed to house it (also maybe potential licensing issues for vocal tracks).

I'd be surprised if there weren't natively released soundtracks here in the west for the more mainstream Japanese games like Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, or Metal Gear (admittedly I haven't looked for those myself though), where there's a large audience to potentially buy them, but for the more niche ones you'd more than likely have to import them if you actually wanted physical ones, or at least the full OSTs compared to what an LE/CE/First print copy might come with.

the OST of Utawarerumono2 is also good

Beat Akiba's Trip, just the Nana route. Gonna be an idiot and do hardest difficulty from scrach. I'll delay using the reaction cheat to actual NG+. Decided to use GothLoli2 or Sonico but not sure on weapon or garb, probably just EGL again. I wanted to do suit and umbrella but there's no fancy bowler hats or equivalent in the game.

Also hated the 2 48 idol sidequests, especially the second one. One wrong move gets you stuck in a world of hurt and it just drags on and on and on. It's a waste of time if you get a piece of clothing destroyed.

I can certainly name some good western game soundtracks but barely any of it is modern: Total Annihilation, C&C, Deus Ex, Diablo, MechWarrior 2, most Rare stuff, etc. The only recent game I cared to find the soundtrack for is Crypt of the Necrodancer, meanwhile also wanting Drakengard 3, Danganronpa, and Touch my Katamari.

Disgaea 3 Arranged
mega.nz/#F!Bs9zHYZL!0O50ozGgXlyLlMlEcJA3PADungeon

Travelers 2-2 Drama CD (chiptunes included)
mega.nz/#F!9xFRzbqb!qK5z7RgS4RQT3PMmxWxgjg

You know they should port Tiers to Tiara 2 to the PC and Vita.

Those cat paw girls could ruin the whole fight if you let one of their power attacks hit. When I first played on hard, I couldn't beat that fight and skipped it. By end game, however, I was ready to destroy anyone in my path. The large group fight outside the final boss room didn't pose that much trouble for me and my boxing gloves. Felt good going from a scrub that struggled against 3 people to a martial arts badass that could destroy crowds of people and come out unscratched.

Yeah, that's what I meant by "used to". Most of the iconic ones are old. Bioware sometimes makes to good music but I don't know about their recent games since I avoid them. And even if they did, barely anyone releases full soundtracks.

Just finished the story in stranger in sword city, went neutral and manage to get home.
WTF happened? Both sides wanted to sacrifice Riu and turn into gods?
Starting the extra content and going for 100%

Thanks user. In return I went out of my way and found some shit for you
mega.nz/#F!6gwTCCTZ!boxPoqATh6aeYu9D-ec10A

Much appreciated user. Here's a collection of 2D girls in pantyhose.

Leggings, Tights, & Pantyhose
mega.nz/#F!lxkznaAR!KYSrkMwNWj4bDGGpsqgtkQ

Speaking of Drama CDs and such, where do those usually stand as far as where canon for a work is concerned? Just asking since a series I watched recently had a pair of fuckup characters crushed beneath a huge fallen piece of stonework in the finale, and they never showed up again after that (thus implying they died), but apparently an audio drama for the series states that both somehow survived. I'm just wondering if those are supposed to add to the canon of the works they're adapted from (and thus that apparent off-camera survival coming off as a copout), or be considered their own continuity/non-canon (and thus could be written off in favor of what the original work portrays).

Polite sage for off-topic.

Most Drama CDs are merely fan service and shouldn't be considered canon unless stated otherwise.

Alright, so take "rocks fall, imbeciles die" to be the true outcome for that scene?

Gun x Sword was fucking great

Indeed, I just finished watching it last night with a friend. Was quite glad to see the quality kept up the whole way through. Certainly got much more than my $7 worth that I picked it up on DVD for.

It really did. That's a hell of a price, I'd pay that just for vid related

It's a bit of an odd print I have, really, and I can't find a page for it on Amazon to compare with, unlike the Funi reprint or the seemingly prevalent Geneon originals. Looks like pic related (grabbed this from the net; not my own photo) with the series on three discs, dual audio with subs, and no extras. It plays just fine, looks just fine (at 4:3), and sounds just fine too, but the way the episode titles, and end credits, are all Japanese text only, and the DVD menus for discs 1, 2, and 3 claiming to be from Discs 1, 3, and 5 make me thing whoever ran this print took the prior discs and upped the amount of episodes in each. Anyhow, apparently the whole reason I was able to get it that cheaply was likely that the store mistook it for a single volume entry (I don't blame them, given that cover; looks like it would have been some mid-series volume) and priced it as such. Though, it's still strange it was $7, when it seems they ask $12 per volume (and thus $84 for the entire original print if you're not lucky to find them in the clearance bin there).

Of fucking course it is. Yet another reason to hate them, as if them mass blocking .hack//Sign's excellent OST from jewtube wasn't reason enough.

Would explain a lot if they though it was just one volume, though even if it was just a few episodes it'd still be overpriced as fuck here in Japan

Hate that, but at least it's not outright deleted, so you can use YouTube downloaders to skirt around it. Either way though, it's the El Dorado V fight from Episode 3, in all it's Mexican GaoGaiGar glory.

I've been meaning to ask someone: How did Gun X Sword do out there locally, both in reception and sales? I tend to go looking for images, both official and fanmade, for series I enjoy, and noticed that there's not much for the series, be it from eastern or western artists. Just strikes me as an indicator of a work maybe being forgotten/underwatched (or underplayed or read, depending on medium), or perhaps disliked.

The downloader I've used in the past for such things seems to keep running into permanent failure to download anything, blocked or not, and no matter how often I seem to update it. Either it's just gone to shit, or Youtube has gotten exceptionally fast at trying to prevent its usability in order to keep people having to go to youtube directly. In this case though it's more that Victor Entertainment is super fucking protective of the music which they own the rights to. Oh well, at least I know a place with both OSTs for the series uploaded that they haven't (can't?) hit.

I can only go anecdotally and say barely anyone I talked to with an interest in anime even knew about it. It's certainly not as successful as that abomination director Taniguchi Goro would go on to make several years later.

My copy of Moe Chronicle arrived. Apparently Hong Kong has a regulation of obscene and indecent material, I don't know why I thought HK was chill in that regards

What's everyone hoping for from Henkaku Enzo? I'm hoping it'll have some sort of auto mount feature for USB sticks that boots before stuff, so that Anti-Blacklist can work on my stick.

Trying the high-quality wooden sword out, already got it upgraded to the 700s. Its counter is wonderful for juggling enemies, it hits pretty quickly and easily combos into strips. Sadly its range makes it awkward to use against crowds, and the unblockable move is awful. The more I play this the more disappointed I become that it wasn't a 10/10 game, I'm in love with the concept and setting.

Also went with Sonico. Haven't decided whether to go schoolgirl or Vocaloid (if I can get it) yet, I don't like her regular garb very much. She's presently using EGL since it's a decent 3-piece early game set, plus finally nice underclothes.

That or just being stuck in the middle of a crowd after chain stripping, or the random "warping" that occasionally happens after a grab. I am worried to try that fight on hardest. Thankfully I just found there's the junk shop for buying back destroyed clothes, as well as those DLC items that "vanished".

I didn't think youtube-dl could bypass regional restrictions, unless you use a proxy of course.

I'm expecting nothing more than what the beta does (i.e. persistent HENkaku). The purpose of a beta is to get it rock-solid for everyone, not to pile on more nice but potentially bricking features.

I've been using a plugin called Simple YouTube Converter for Firefox, works fine so far.

Honestly if they had just refined the battle system a little and maybe added more variety to the side quests it would have risen above just average. The amount of customization in this game is crazy and it's fun but those above mentioned flaws really hold it back.

Well they were ruled by the nofunallowed UK a few years ago.
So what happened? They arrested you and you are know posting in a reprograming center in HK?

Are you talking about the wrapping that says the material shouldn't be sold to people under 18? Because if that affects you due to your age you need to fuck off. Further, similar to porn sites that say "You must be 18 to enter." it is entirely a formality, it didn't cause any censorship to happen to the game. It probably barely affects under 18s living in Hong Kong so it sure as fuck shouldn't affect you outside of HK.

They became a SAR region of China in 1997. That's 20 years from today. They have had the unhindered capitalism of the old day US with the morals of the Chinese for a while now. He is probably talking about the plastic wrapping with a sticker on it that says something to the effect of "Don't play this if you're under 18" which isn't actually legally binding because nobody cares.

Calm down, I know that shit. That post was mostly for bumping the thread. I was only surprised because I thought HK hated China for their retarded government and I assumed they wouldn't have policies like that

They do hate China but they still have policies like that because countries that don't tend to get called 3rd world and obtain unofficial embargoes. In which countries search everything sent out for "contraband" and take months for delivery to piss off customers

Playing Criminal Girls Invite Only on PC and am currently in the process of unlocking every girl ending. Surprised at how entertaining this game is but also disappointed how NISA tainted it. Luckily the PC version has a mod that brings back the voices and breathing during the minigames.

Since I actually upgraded my weapon this time it stopped being tedious, but the overall lack of challenge remains. This is fine when fighting random trash on the streets but most main quest fights should be harder. Also the bosses, it's great if the core combat mechanics don't change, but they needed to be made much harder and more memorable, like humanoid bosses in God Hand are. As it stands, 1v1 fights are never a threat. Mobs can ruin you if you get caught in a bad spot, as I found out again with the first 48 idols, almost the entire fight was in my underwear. Thank god for sturdy headphone "bikini armor".

Also the game really should be punishing you a lot more for beating up random people, or at least have more police around to catch you. I made many schoolgirls miserable just to get a set of their clothes and nobody bats an eye.

Also man I'm just realizing that I want Konosuba outfits in the game. Is there much of a modding scene for the PC version?

What do you even do in that? Literally all I've seen of it is the lewd rubbing games.

I dont think there is a mod that 100% unfucks the game.

Basic dungeon crawling with RNG all over the place. Combat is about picking which suggestion from a girl is best to execute. The girls aren't terrible either, I ended up liking them after a while.

As for the minigame, it is a rubbing game with different gimmicks. NISA ruined it by muting the girls during the game and censoring with excessive smoke. The mod brings the voices back and has a toggle to completely remove the smoke.

This time I made it to Shizuka's route. Also six deaths to idol round 2, their weapon reach and speed is plain devastating. On the seventh I somehow got my destroyed shirt back mid-battle, it was even for sale in the junk shop afterwards. Sadly it isn't a duplication glitch. Main strat for battling was to abuse counters since they often hit you out of unblockables and dodge regular attacks, and the low/mid counters help with crowd control. Annoyingly, high counters often miss them so half the time they'd be held up by a stupid ribbon. Ducking attacks avoid their unblockables.

All in all a very tedious and unforgiving 2-3 hours, I eventually resorted to +def items since it hurts to lose to a single mistake towards the end.

Damn it. Also yeah, youtube-dl doesn't bypass regional restrictions, for whatever reason the video has them in Ausland.

Yeah I knew about the censoring changes, that typically overshadowed discussion of the actual game.

I was going to get a Vita just to play 真・流行り神 but I'm not really sure if it's worth buying the system just for that since the game is also out on the PS4. Are there any games for this that are any good?

Super Robot Wars Z3 Jigoku-hen and Tengoku-hen
Super Robot Wars V
Gundam Breakers 1-3
Dungeon Travelers 1, 2, and 2-2
Omega Labyrinth 1 and Z
Ys: Forest of Celceta and Lacrimosa of Dana
Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain
Caligula
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Estival Versus
Tsurugi no Machi no Ihoujin

Basically, the PS4's library is mostly comprised of Vita and PS3 ports, so the Vita's got most everything worth playing on the PS4 and then some. While I'm sure the PS4 will be a worthwhile purchase someday, I don't see that happening within the next two years.

It's not that cut and dry. Some multiplats have bad Vita versions, and should only be considered if you really want the portability. Also whether to get one strongly depends how easily you can get the games in your locale. Importing cartridges tends to be expensive, while PSN is region locked and offset by the proprietary SD cards.

Also I'm pretty big on console hacks, and certain games you listed cannot be played unless you give them up.

*Shizuku

Like? I haven't encountered any, since generally the games are designed with Vita primarily in mind since devs like making money.

I'm sympathetic to the cost factor, but I can't imagine it being worth playing games in Cuckanese unless there's little to no importance to the text, like in Gundam Breaker where the story is fluff as hell. Anything more text-heavy than that, fuck playing in anything but the original language.

Sure, but it's far fewer than the simple ports. I can name a few.

I don't know of many more that are substantially worse on the Vita.

Bad was overstating it a little, but Senrans and Dragon's Crown have some framerate problems on Vita.

I agree in theory but not everyone has the time to master a foreign language for a few video games. Again, PSN has some unfortunate restrictions and you can't use a foreign one without stupid hack-arounds.

Whatever the reason its Vita version is shameful. PS4 version works OK from what I've seen of it.

The load times are longer than they seem because it usually takes extra time to load in the people after the loading screen goes away. Also I think the crowds are smaller in the Vita version, so less mass chaos.

Still need to get around to playing these, so can't speak from experience, but I would presume DC at least got fixed or wasn't too bad, since the Vita version still goes for twice the PS3 version's cost.

I could see that as an argument against learning English, but considering pretty much every game worth playing is Japanese, it's pretty much a necessary skill for the hobby. You hardly need to "master" it either.

Don't really do digital shit, so can't speak on that, shit's usually way cheaper physical anyway.

It's not only VN tho

Foreign language mate. Admittedly I could get more use out of Japanese than most since I watch anime as well, but it remains a serious time commitment to learn.

Once again it depends where you are. PSN also affects whether you can get DLC, I've bitched about this before.

Thank god Niconico doesn't do this. Anyway it still doesn't look all that interesting, not something I'd update my Vita for.

The shooting game is a six stage mini-game that comes as a bonus with first print copies of the game, it's separate from the main game. Apparently the main game's about some guy who gets cursed by a ring into magically stealing panties, and in order to raise money to remove the curse has to open a maid cafe and start an idol project, as well as do Gyakuten Saiban style court cases to figure out which girl he stole the panties from.

I mean more that if you're talking about "a few" video games, that would be an argument for a non-native English speaker to not bother learning English, since there are barely any Western games.

Does Amazon not ship to you guys then? Because you can usually find pretty competitive prices there if you pay attention. Shipping might be a concern for out of country I guess though, here it's just the 324 for the delivery company's COD service.

gematsu.com/2017/07/gintama-action-game-announced-ps4-ps-vita

Soon

twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/885191345530322945

Man fuck this game. There's hard and then there's "normally this guy does 20 points of damage but then there's this one random instant attack that does +200 to a high def tank because fuck you have fun grinding just to get your better members back". No revive spells or items besides those limited number of dolls sucks ass. I get what they tried to do with the LP system but man it sucks all the fun out of the game when you need to be so afraid of fucking up or taking risks because of the amount of time it'll waste. Normally you just lose time when you wipe but here even a single member dying will be like 15 minutes to an hour of grind. The classes, skills and class change system seem pretty boring and I felt like Demon Gaze did their equivalent of the Divinity system better. The story and characters seem also really boring. Originally I thought it was just because I was only 5 hours in but nothing has changed since that point. Anna is easily the most fleshed out character and she's had a fraction of the screen time that the other characters have had. I'm guessing they're saving all the main character moments for the end but you need to build some sort of introduction to them at the start to get the player invested and interested. Operation Abyss is generally considered a pretty subpar DRPG but even it had ok characters and better sense of direction as far as the story went. I finished that one without much trouble and it's supposed to be worse than SoSC. I dunno if I'm just a shitter but SoSC just feels like it's punishing in all the wrong spots and instead of making you think about you approach it also just likes to waste a shitton of your time.

DT2 is on sale so I guess I might as well get that to see if it's any better.

There is a demo of DT2 on psn, try it first; but still DT2 is a solid game.

muh dick

How fucking rare is getting the cursed katana in stranger in sword city? Im in the last dungeon post game farming katana gold chest.

Both DT1 and 2 are getting discount rereleases soon for 2800 apiece.

You need to git gud
but atleast you have great taste.

I sold my soul to Squeenix for FFXIV. When not doing that, i'm either working or sleeping. I haven't popped around Holla Forums in pretty much since I last posted in the Vita thread either. I'm on the cusp of maybe having a social life again as well. I'm regaining control.

It may be time for a new Baker.

they know we want that LE.
Fingers crossed we still get it…

It doesn't feel like it's a game that is worth gitting gud at. Maybe if the classes had interesting stuff to work towards to but all the skills and spells are super generic or if the story had something going on that was interesting. I really liked Demon Gaze even if it was pretty simple because of the fun side quests and stuff that kept me going while grinding or working towards a main story goal and SoSC has none of that. It's also not like SoSC is more mechanically complex than the average DRPG, they just took the standard mechanics and added some timesinks that don't add much. They didn't even include stuff like identifying enemies that normally would add chances for more interesting fights.

To bad you didnt like it, SoSC is my second dungeon crawler after moe chronicles, and im having fun with it, 105 hours so far and im at the last part.
About the skills, I really liked them, they are pretty useful against different dungeons and enemy formations, there was this forest full of orcs that made two long ass lines against you, the knight has a skill that can hit one foe on each row, so each time you killed a line at least the next one didnt have full health.
Also love the wizard with the triple cast skill that can nuke anything that moves.
I think this is the only game were im forced to keep fighting in a boss battle were some of my qt companions are either dead or kidnapped, but damn does it feel good killing those bosses, returning to base and having half of my team rest in a comfy bed, while I take the reserve for more dungeoning fun.
After I finish this one, I will start playing Dungeon traveler 2.

Still churning my way through Akiba's other routes. Not exactly Vita-related but I am looking to import the original Gal*Gun to see how it compares, and maybe get more reason to learn moon.

If you were only doing it for vidya. However open source for example is largely English even among non-native speakers.

Hackanon here. I could probably do it but I don't keep up with the general Vita stuff that much. Also eek, I'm gonna have some work to do when Enso hits, but I will be delaying my switch to it for a few days in case it becomes a B9S-type trainwreck.

So has anyone actually played that? What separates it from other DRPGs?

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/

Damn you're going through these things fast.

Spent 120 hours in SoSC

What should I use to emulate NEOGEO games? The Retroarc .vpk with "neogeo" in the file name just crashes on me.

About time this series got a game. Would like to look forward to it, but I'm worried that if it does get released west, the localization would ruin the game given how the series is with it's humor.

A bit worried for my SD card, I tried to start up Gravity Rush and it was being very glitchy, often freezing or getting stuck on endless loading screens. It is just that game so far. Ended up playing Muramasa Rebirth instead, it's friggin' gorgeous and pretty fun. Shame they don't do OLED on the second-gen Vitas.

I just use the all-cores RetroArch VPK instead of having them separate bubbles. Anyway, Final Burn Alpha NeoGeo core runs at least Metal Slug 4, I had the game and the neogeo.zip in the same folder.

Cue the resident moonspeaker to laugh at you.

I installed the all in one VPK but it still crashes when I tried it. Am I doing it wrong? I'm supposed to leave the game in a .zip and load the archive, right?
If so, then I guess retro arc just hates Sengoku 3.

Load content (use load archive) then load core Arcade FB Alpha, it doesn't seem to make a difference if you use one of the variants. However I can't run that game either. It's possibly unsupported. More likely it's the wrong ROM version since the MAME format is trash and more schizophrenic than bsnes about shuffling things around needlessly. Trying to run it on my PC (MAME v0.154) it doesn't work, citing a missing file. Metal Slug 4 works there. Both came from Emuparadise.

Reading the dungeon travelers 2 manual, any tips? Or should I just go in blind and hope for the best?

I think that just means he's married.

The game will start off easy and end up being pretty challenging. It's nice learning most of the stuff on your own though. I will say you should use your whole team and never let anyone get underleveled. You'll really regret it if you don't train everyone in your team.

The last non-postgame dungeon requires an autistic memory, a guide, or a set of maps you draw yourself outside the game. I would suggest you don't read any guides until you get stuck.

If memory serves, that instance was actually in the Japanese script as well. Though, I could be confusing it with another game.

The nips play skyrim?

user, the bear said:

I always like to keep using different team members to keep shit interesting

The game is cute, a nice change of pace compared to SoSC everything is doomed atmosphere

Skyrim didn't invent that, it's an actual saying

Elder Scrolls is basically the go-to answer when asked "What foreign games do you play?" and you don't want to just outright say "none because foreign games suck"

Asian-eng for ps4
gematsu.com/2017/07/gintama-project-last-game-ps4-coming-asia-english

The way it's worded seems highly to reference Skyrim. I believe that was in the original script though. Doesn't make the joke any better

I decided to never use about 3-4 characters and regretted it in post game. Post game expects you to at least have 1 of every class. And bringing a lv 30 character into a lv 55 dungeon sucks.

dualshockers.com/windjammers-launches-ps4-ps-vita-august-29th/

??? Just play the game.

halp

Did you install the software on your PC, is your USB cable broken or one of those gimped charging-only ones?

And don't let your healer die like I did on my first play. That was so embarrassing.

Also, fuck those gooks, in the cinematic experiences the qt girls are not using their new outfits.

qcma
works with other vitas normally.
it's not even detected by device manager.

Level reset, user. Maid-sensei should've gone over this in like, lecture three. You can reset your level to 1, 15, 30, 50, or 90 which also refunds your spent skill points. (Just the naturally earned ones though, skill points obtained from Magical Skill Garnish are deleted so save MSG for later).

Pretty sure the level reset lecture isn't that early on. I found out about it just by messing with it.

Anybody get that Fallen Legion game? Apparently it's half assed Darkest Dungeon + Valkyrie Profile.

Actually, now I've got DT2 on the mind, which reminds me of a stupid problem I'm having with my PSTV. I originally copied my DT2 save from my Vita memory card onto my PSTV's USB drive so I could play it on my monitor. If I copy the updated save file from the PSTV to the Vita though, the Vita doesn't see any save files. Does anyone have any clue how to fix this?

twitter.com/aksysgames/status/887467415918919680
Is anyone getting this?

I'll get a copy when it arrives on my local store. Are you asking for the multiplayer?

That's worrying. Does it at least charge with the cable? Maybe you'll just have to use wifi for file transfers, QCMA can do this too.

I wish they unlocked ALL the lectures at the start
Its there a way to see different floor maps in the dungeons?

Same. I just got the priestess and the loli puppet master.

ricedigital.co.uk/rabi-ribi-console-release-date-revealed/

September 1st

Most of the lectures end up telling you stuff you've probably already figured out, the most useful one was probably the one where they explained weapon speed, how it's affected by AGI and turn delay, and effective weapon range - I'm still not even sure how useful AGI is to be honest.
Yeah, press left/right on the map screen.

It charges on ground and detects that is connected to a pc(PS button flares up and then flickers out when usb charge is enabled)

gbatemp.net/threads/working-tokyo-xanadu-jp-w-english-assets.478093/
How do I get the assets in English if the cart can't be dumped?

Nevermind somebody already did it. I did not realize Caligula had already been patched as well.

Flash Sale

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17PSVG

Is 999 still available? I can't find it, nor the bundle in the Australian PSN store.

Why in the fuck is there so much "Zen Pinball"?

A quick check on wikipedia shows it has a PAL release date for the Vita (PAL having apparently gotten fucked out of a DS release according to the page), but as it's just a non-specific "2017" I'm wondering if it's even out there yet.

Well looks like I'm retarded. I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks user.

bump

So I guess I'm being retarded or something.
I'm trying to install a game + update + DLC
Game installs fine.
Update also installs (information shows the updated version number and the game boots so I'm guessing it works)
DLC fails because maidumptool doesn't let me set loading to 5, the game doesn't appear in the supposed list.
What did I do wrong?

Some sort of sale going on in Ausland too, mostly Western stuff though.

You should be able to install all 3 parts before switching the load order. It shouldn't make a difference though, which game, and are they all Mai dumps?

Yeah sorry I lean I installed the DLCs via maidump but I can't change the loading type so they're not working.

Muramasa Rebirth and not sure since I'm new at that kind of stuff.

What's the general consensus on Grand Kingdom? Is it as good as the one on PSP?

It's pretty much the same exact game but with a better battle system (they give you more mobility and add paper mario style mini games). I've been playing GHK for a while after I found GK charming.

How is the Vita version of Jak & Daxter 1? I need this game in my life and you know why.

I mean that the game, patches (if applicable) and DLC should be all installed through MaiDumpTool. I'll confirm Muramasa Rebirth from the Mai Torrent will at least load, and with DLC (load mode 5) having tried it a while ago.

Meh but playable.

Yeah apparently the download I was given is kinda shit, got it to work but after looking closely at more docs it seems that I was given an unpacked Vitamin dump presented as if it was a maidump dump PCSE00240 / PCSE00240_patch / PCSE00240_addc, so installed both the game and patch through maidump and put the DLCs in addcont_plain and it works somehow so I won't question it.

Someone needs to hurry up and work on an emulator before the memory cards start dying and Sony shuts down the download servers. That and I'd like to play these games without paying the fucking kike-tier prices for memory

Get a PSTV then you can use pretty much any USB capable storage thing as your main storage be it a crappy 8GB SD card in an usb reader or a 1TB external HDD.

MicroSD adapters have been coming out for the past week or so if your vita is on 3.60.

Why has this only just been mentioned here?! It's pretty big news if true. If. I've only found word of a proof of concept from my own searching, and apparently it fits in the cartridge slot so it might be a bit of a nuisance for people with physical cartridges. Also does any of the storage redirection stuff work with official PSN content?

I really should find a PSTV just to test that stuff out and document it. It'll be good to have a backup system too, how reliable are Vita systems? The not-SD cards are obviously terrible.

Glad you got your problem solved.
Yuck. That's probably a no unless it's super-cheap some time.

Honestly I still can't believe how hard people shat on that thing when it's actually pretty damn good for the price, most of the good come from the homebrew side of things though, USB storage and basically no downside to permanent full OC are probably the best part, having an actual gamepad isn't bad either.
Still had to do some fuckery to run it off a computer monitor with sound and the 720p output, I'm basically running off the preview window of a capture card which works extremely well considering

Oh it's totally deserving of the hate, because taking a handheld-power system and need it to be plugged into a TV to work, while also being incompatible with a few games was a stupid idea. Doesn't help that some of the Vita's main games are best enjoyed on a handheld, or that the PS4 stole a bunch and generally plays them better.

Still, it's true that the shittiness made it sell so cheaply, and with hacks it's the most economical way to play the Vita library.

The proof of concept stuff was from earlier this month, right now there's no shell but it still fits in without one. It should work with bought PSN content as long as it doesn't require firmware over 3.60, and there's zero chance of it working on any other firmware since it requires a plugin to work.

lmfao why do weeagoons never admit the vita failed because the games on it are all genres that have been done to death, and have artstyles that would drive away anyone that has a drop of testosterone in their body.

I should also say that it's pretty cheap right now, selling for ~$15, so that and a 64gb microsd would still be cheaper than buying a 16gb vita card.

What, dungeon crawlers and roguelikes and SRPGs? Nah, those are genres that have stood the test of time and continue to attract gamers. You want shit that's been done to death despite never having anything going for it in the first place, you want to look at sports and Doomclones.

Vita sales say otherwise.

You mean the ones that put it ahead of everything but the 3DS, with the PS4 only now starting to catch up in weekly sales? In before 'b-but muh Western sales!'

Yeah that's understood. I'm not budging from 3.60 unless a new hack appears for them. They're precious.

Where do you buy them from?

I wish Doom clones had been done to death, but most shooters do not qualify.

Fucking lol. Weeaboos, man. Sorry to break it to you, but the average gamer doesn't care about your autist jap games. It's why the vita flopped so hard. Here's another truth that is sure to send you into a fit of rage. the people buying PS4s aren't buying them for autist weeaboo games either, they're buying them for shit like uncharted and horizon. Every iteration of Madden is going to outsell Nioh and Bloodborne on the PS4 alone, let that sink in.

I just had to quote this hilarious sentence again. Yes, Dungeon Crawlers and SRPGs are REALLY popular these days. Weeaboo delusion everyone.

Fucking foreigners, man.

There are listings on aliexpress and ebay.

How about you just ignore the colonist? The less welcome they think their opinions are, the longer it will be before they tell the hivemind that there's enough of them to green light the invasion.

Every time. Here's another tidbit for you to nibble on: people would rather pay twice for Skyrim than play the games you enjoy.

It's been fun, but I have other weebs to trigger. As George Costanza once said in regards to anime dungeon crawlers being very popular, "It's not a lie if you believe it."

Enjoy the diversity and liberal agenda, my dear westaboo friend

It couldn't play a lot of Vita games when it came out, and there was the ongoing problem of new releases not being supported, either.

I've ordered that adapter and a card. I only hope that both work out. I'm a little conflicted, since I still have my physical games that I'd like to play, but considering that I might get a second Vita, it might not be as big a problem.

God fucking dammit

If you have a Harbor Freight nearby you can get a kit for ~$5, they're not the best but at least they're cheap.

Y'all know what Vita needs? More games like the classic corpse party, pixel rpg, with horror in em.

I opened mine with pack of small screwdrivers from the Dollar Store.

I just finished the main story of moero chronicle.
This was a lot more fun than I was expecting.

Just finished Utawarerumono 2: Masks of Deception

Not sure I'm exactly thrilled that the game ends with so many loose plots and I'm disapointed in the amount of awoos creampie'd in this one compared to the first one. Feels like the game ended 20 hours too early, it left me wanting and I hate it.

pic relating to my understanding of the first game as I posted it on /a/ when Itsuwari no Kamen anime was airing.

which means VERY MUCH SPOILERS

I beat the game in about 60 hours and I wasn't really grinding, factoring in my slow reading there has to be at least 50 hours of story which is about the same as Underwater Ray Ramano. And of course no awoos get creampied since this isn't an eroge.

I did it in 35 hours, no grind and on auto read.

I must be a slower reader than I thought then.

Just playing DXC SotN to try out its Maria mode. It isn't my ideal port for regular old Alucard though since it's bugged, and lacks the godawful memorable dub and infinite money glitch. Am also warming to the Rondo of Blood remake for some of its alterations even if I hate the ugly 2.5D look.

Also Enso soon! I'm a little excited.

Might wait a bit. This is not the sort of thing that will see limited production if it's excellent, and I want it to have a proper shell. Even something as scummy as Gateway do that.

The best thing about the Rondo remake is being able to pick BGMs - setting every stage to Vampire Killer and boss fights to Bloody Tears is perfect also I could never play Akumajou Dracula in English, giving up Wakamoto Dracula is impossible, another reason I'm upset that the new animation is done by foreigners

i don't know where else to ask this
do any of you here play project diva?
i am a high level player and i'm hoping to ascend further into grandmaster level and i just wanted to know if any of you have tips on doing so to make the transition easier.
for one thing, i use the actual buttons rather than the d-pad for general play and i have been told the d-pad is critical at grandmaster play and i just want someone to confirm or deny that for me? i've been playing with the face buttons for so long that when i force myself to use the d-pad it feels unnatural, it would take a long time for me to get used to it but if that's what it takes…

Idk if project diva works on Vita TV but maybe you can try with a ds3.

I own all of the games on vita and PS3 both.
maybe i will just make a project diva thread that will die.

Maybe you need those miku controllers.

that's a really good idea actually i didn't know about these

Those controllers are just for the console versions since they need cardinal directions. The pushbuttons on those are only about 45-50 mm. The real arcade version/Future Tone version is different since it only uses four buttons in a horizontal alignment. Those use 100 mm pushbuttons instead.

Does anyone have any preferences for catchup grindan in DT2? I'm trying to get all my DLC characters to 50 to give me some freedom to start crowning Alisia and Grishna, but it's slow going. I just unlocked Skyfort over the weekend and it's pretty good xp, but I'm wondering how to optimize my party for boosting my lower level characters.

Wait, at what level are all the dlc characters, I didnt buy them because they werent part of the story and fuck dlc

They all start at level 1. I have Lucy at 42, Sango at 40, and Sasara at 40, as a Witch, Magical Princess, and Valkyrie respectively. All the rest of them I've levelled to around 15-20 except for the Scouts, they're still level 1. I definitely recommend getting them if you like minmaxing, Lucy's unique skill gives her a doublecast proc which makes her a great Witch and Sasara gets extra defense from a shield, so she's a great tank. I'm specifically trying to bring her in as my main tank, but currently Alisia is my main tank and she's level 75.

There is a mini guide dt2bro wrote about crowning

archive.is/kl8Cu

Somehow I don't think Enso's release date is on Australia time. A man can dream. Here's hoping for a rock-solid release of no trouble.

The music is one thing I wouldn't change in DXC. Also yeah I usually play with JP voices for Wakamoto and random Engrish, but make occasional exception for the original SotN dub and OoE dub because of how silly it is. Also the DXC dub since I remember hating the JP Maria voices but I'll give them another try later.

Speaking of Castlevania I'm just realizing Vita got nothing except DXC and SotN. CVHD would've been nice on a handheld.

There's usually a rhythm game thread floating around here.

Understandably, the whole soundtrack is superb, but god the fast pacing of those tracks makes the stages and fights that much more intense for me. Bloody Tears especially loops very quickly, which makes it more suitable for boss fights for me.

Still at the beginning of the game, I mainly use underwear and headphones only since clolthing options are fairly limited still.

Nigga, NEVER, EVER leave any portable/tablet just laying around, this KILL ANY BATTERY.

Once a month shove the charger for a few hours. Goddman user, you fucked up.

The bird animation was made in a 3DS, Op is a nigger.

That pic is used when a baker was slacking off you nigger.

Shut up weeb, nobody cares!

You're using a computer or a tablet/phone pleb to view and post that message. You're a double nigger.

enso.henkaku.xyz/

I've been playing akibas beat. It's considerably less fun than akibas trip. The story is ok but gameplay and pacing is not as enjoyable.

Did they really have updates to fix the translations for the neptunia games? I'd consider getting it if the fixed translations got rid of the censorship and bs.

I think there are fan made fixed translations if you have a hacked Vita if that's what you mean.

Oh right the RE;BIrth games are IF Anyway I haven't played them but from what I hear only the gameplay is fixed but I could be wrong.

I'm already installing

I'd rather wear something just so the police don't instantly arrest you, and because running around with one life bar feels too dangerous. At least it's easy to get maid, gothloli, and nice suit early, or any of the nice DLC character clothes (even if Sonico's boobs are too small). What really sucks is all underclothes need to be stolen and starting riots is harder on Vita, and that you can't choose socks/pantyhose separately since they're always paired with boring underclothes.

Also recently noticed the great detail where there's that random guy who tries hitting on your partner and gets smacked in the face for doing so. Still no idea what's up with the girls randomly falling to their knees though.

I haven't played that one because it sounds like a downgrade to the ones where you rip clothes off.

The only one I might consider changing is the boss theme, back to the original.

キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!!

Well it's applied and successfully. Not all that overwhelming but I'm fine with not needing to stuff around with the browser or mail anymore. It's absurdly easy compared to anything 3DS got despite the Vita's security being far stronger.

Also just how rare are 100000 yen wins? I've gone through this for like 30 minutes and there hasn't been a single one. Is the game just smart enough to prevent savescumming the lottery?

I wanna create a character and have some genuine escapism, what RPGs are worth getting on the vita?

I don't get bothered by the police unless I'm in a fight. I one time got the cops to arrest a vampire by hitting them then exiting combat mode.

Akibas beat replaced the street fights with dungeons. Also instead of fighting on the spot they do the thing where you teleport to a square platform for the battle.

They also changed from random shit as weapons to single weapon type per character with only stat boosting upgrades.

I ordered one of those aliexpress microSD adapters. Fucking finally, I guess I'll use the 16 Vita stick I had in my 3.60 slim on my 3.65 fat.

Really? They're supposed to aggro if you're missing one of the two major clothes pieces, and that's also when they can just straight up arrest you. Maybe it's gender-dependent though.

Pocket dimension fights I can live with, god knows how much I hate getting caught near an area exit in AT2. But yeah it seems like the overall theme of the game is a downgrade, I just love the randomness of the weapons, and being a delinquent schoolgirl beating up people and shredding their clothes.

Might have to do this. Mine's giving me serious worry about whether it's failing. The music player has had to rebuild DB twice lately on top of Gravity Rush failing in weird ways. How are you supposed to back up save games?

>gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
Greentext above not by me

Does installing Enso require formatting your memory card, or was I just seeing people who messed something up having to format?

It does not, you were just seeing retards.

Does downloading through a PS3 still work? Alternatively, if you back up the act.dat and .dreg/.ireg files can you restore them in the same way to get your games back? I will be wanting to start fresh when I get my SD card adapter.

No it's literally just another HENkaku entrypoint, but one that starts up automatically.

Addendum: Cannot download any games from PSN on Vita. Can on PS3 but copying them across fails so it's not useful. Fortunately neither caused my existing games to break, but those files were still backed up just in case. Fucking peachy.

pastebin.com/mwawK6rz
Hack pasta updates:

Useful note, the USB mounting plugin was just updated so PSTVs can automount the USB drive as a memory card on boot. Might require enso installed, I'm not sure. Works On My Machine.
github.com/yifanlu/usbmc/releases

There's a save manager application that you can use to import and export saves.

Wait, so does this go for anyone who downloads a game, or just people who try to activate their devices? I'll be a little upset if I can't actually download games from the store anymore.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty sure it does an activation check when you transfer from PS3 -> Vita, so you'll probably be deactivated if you try that now. I'm not sure if restoring the files if you get deactivated fully works yet since it's a new problem. I'd say wait a bit to see what happens.

Downloading a game through PSN does an activation check, so yes it affects it too if I understand it correctly. I'm pretty sure it also affects transferring games from PS3 -> Vita. I'm pretty pissed because I never got a chance to transfer Muramasa to my Vita.

So they've applied that thing where the Vita no longer sees [X game] as a valid transfer item to actual Vita games now, the way it's been for some PSP (perhaps PS1 as well?) games for a while now?

Prepare to be a little upset. I'm really hoping it isn't for long.

No it's not like that. It's literally applying the same check on PS3->Vita as it does downloading on Vita, you get the same E-80558325 error. Back when you couldn't get past the update nag for PSN on Vita, PS3 was a workaround for game downloading.

In the meantime you'll have to use the Maidump version.

I know it was a workaround, since I'd used it for that myself. But I had noticed even back then that some PSP games I had on my PS3 to transfer (and which had transferred before; was trying to retransfer the games since the prior downloads I'd had on the Vita for them kept freezing up constantly), the Vita wouldn't register them as being present in the transfer list to send over. Vita content though, it would take just fine at that time.

Anyhow, I guess from the sound of it it's actually providing an error message for the current issue, as opposed to just not registering that the game is available to transfer, so I guess that is a bit of a difference.

I'm updating my old Vita from 2.02 to 3.6 for the cfw, as long as I move either the psp uno game or patapon 2 to the correct place on the card I can use that to activate Adrenaline right?

Move? What do you mean? If you have a PSP game on your Vita you should be able to skip to the Adrenaline installer step. Be aware that whichever game you use as a target will be destroyed, so you might want to back it up first. I'm hoping that's true, and that you don't need activation beyond obtaining a PSP game to inject into.

No, you are right. I misread the pastebin instructions, it found the right game and installed correctly.

I still have henkaku and havent checked on vitas piration scene in a while anything new? Last time I checked was when henkaku just came out so if theres a better program please tell me because I have still yet to get a game running as they're always corrupted for some reason and have resorted to using my other vita,

Executive summary: You are still stuck on 3.60 and cannot play 3.61+ games, and PSN just got broken again. HENkaku updates (just power off and run the browser hack again), HENkaku Enso (bootup entrypoint, install it!), MaiDumpTool (better pirating than Vitamin), Adrenaline (PSP/PSX game pirating but you can't install this right now unless you have a PSP game on there), proprietary SD card replacements (USB storage on PSTV, 3G SD card adapter for those rare 3G Vitas, cartridge slot SD card adapters, all require HENkaku).

Good shit.

Kinda sucks but I have a PC to emulate that shit so in most cases it's no big deal.

I can still play games online, so I don't know if it's actually a problem. Haven't tested using the store.

Apparently you can do that much, but as was mentioned earlier you cannot download games from PSN at all, and apparently it can result in console deactivation to try, so don't. Also do what said and back up those files. Should've made those two explicit in the pasta. Maybe in a few days since it's still fresh in the thread.

Thank goodness most of my games are physical. Hopefully a solution is found before too long. Not sure I want to resort to using my PS3 to transfer files again.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-theme-1/cid=UP2611-PCSE00959_00-UTAWAREMODTHEME1

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-theme-2/cid=UP2611-PCSE00959_00-UTAWAREMODTHEME2

3 dollarydoos each

That was broken too. Like I said, be prepared to be sad.

September 19 in North America, September 22 in Europe

I swear, the game ended when it began to stop the SoL shit and actually start to be good

but noooooo, muh trilogy

And you dont even get to creampie the awoos, unlike in the first one, which is a terrible shame.

Just took a wiener liquid leak / butt solid / butt gas release while playing 1943 turbografx on retroarch, gaming heaven I tell ya.

I still don't understand why Sony decided to do this, all they're doing is encouraging piracy. Are there really that many games/updates that don't work (besides

How hard is it to fix it?

It should be possible to buy a screen and just replace it yourself. How fucked is it?

It works but the screen looks fucked up. I guess I will visit the second hand stores near me and match the prices vs ebay or amazon for a screen replacement

Tell me how it goes if you follow through with it

Bugger good games, guilty pleasures time!

Not many, but it's largely irrelevant since people who've got them downloaded them can always do it later. Cartridges are obviously unaffected, and I don't think updates have ever been blocked on older firmwares although they can break games by making them want to update your system (Minecraft is the only one I've seen that does this, thank god).

Moral of the story, back up your games and don't rely on PSN. That said, does QCMA do it correctly? Maidumptool is generally a bad idea.

Get a wrist strap. Shame the thing isn't designed for proper cases like most phones, I blame that worthless touchpad.

Is it possible to play online? I'm on 1.30 with gundam breaker 3 and dying to have some fun.

I dont think so. Get a cheap vita tv.

Yep, I do it regularly. If you're not updated and have Henkaku, just spoof to the latest firmware.

If you were hoping for PSN-free Adrenaline, then you'll have to wait a bit. But it will be looked at eventually.

mobile.twitter.com/theflow0/status/893155643422539776

You'd think that online play would be the main target since the horse is already out of the barn for pirating. Sony are weird.

cool, it does work. unfortunately i came late to the party, so there's literally no one playing gundam

So how true is this C2-12828-1 shit? It keeps popping up when I try to play Shantae HGH post update.
archive.is/eJusp

Console error code are always obscure as fuck (intentionally) but they also generally are a symptom not a cause, if that error code indicates corrupt data like a quick search is telling me then it could be a ton of things causing that and that whatever is corrupting his data corruption problem is very serious and instead of seeing the error code as a symptom he sees it as a root cause for whatever reason,

Never mind it's not even corrupted data it's literally the "Something happened" error code
vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Error_Codes#C2

I'm gonna do a backup off all my data just in case. Thanks regardless

I need some help with adrenaline:
I accidentaly deleted all my psp titles, but i was able to recover one and install it. I searched around on how to connect this new game with adrenaline (replacing the title id with the new one in the config.txt), but it's not working. Every time i launch the game gives me error c1-2858-3. What am i missing?

Just use Adrenaline easy installer.

what do i do with it?

Run it you stupid nigger, it's pretty straightforward.

Just got my SD2Vita. Getting it set up was a bit of a hassle since copying the original SonyggerD contents onto it took forever, then Adrenaline didn't work anymore. Eventually got it to with some config changes and deleting/reinstalling the bubble. So far it looks damn promising, except for occupying the cartridge slot. I'll be trying it more in-depth over the next few days.

Through all that it's clarified a few things.
- How to set up the SD card on Linux. It may be as straightforward as # mkfs.vfat -F 32 /dev/sdX but maybe requires that other file to be written to it via dd if=zzBlank.imb of=/dev/sdX bs=512
- Adrenaline bubble installer simply requires activation, or possibly to have downloaded the bubble once before. Then the Adrenaline easy installer can do its work with no trouble despite PSN's blocking.
- My earlier complaint about CV:DXC stuttering was clearly related to the Vita SD cards, it's smooth as butter now.

How is this thread so dead? Do you all even play this thing?

I do, but lately I've been busy with Dragon Quest 11 on my 3DS. My current Vita game though is Super Robot Wars Z3: Jigoku-hen.

So far with SD2Vita: It's been working nicely as far as playing games off of it, but the fact that it ties up the cartridge slot means I'll have to use Mai dumps for all my cartridges and some of those have issues (notably sleep save bug). It also means I'll have to be choosy with which games are on there, even if I'd gone 128GB that only holds so much and multiple SD cards are still as painful as before. A proper attachment for the SD card slot would've been far better if it could be done, but I'll roll with this anyway.

Almost finished the write-up about it too.

Yes but there's only so many times I want to post about the trash I play. Most of what I post here is hack-related.

I guess I'd be wasting my time asking for PSN accounts and multiplayer games.

You still have that? That's been a non-issue for me for a very long time.

Still waiting for a sale on this.

Where's the fun in that?

Playing with people.

Exactly, doesn't sound like any fun at all

>Old exclusives now getting a PC port which is actually good for consumers but it gives less of a reason to get a Vita

This thing is laying on its death bed in the west it seems. At least there's a modding scene.

The mad rush of games this thing was getting for the past few years has ended. Also I've mainly been catching up on visual novels on my PC so I don't have much of a reason to play my Vita at the moment.

Literally 8 games coming out next month. Even if there weren't games coming out, that doesn't mean that there isn't anything to play. Constantly needing new things just sounds like a consumerism problem. I just don't think people here care very much about the system. It's just homebrew/piracy general now.

Case in point. Well, that's fine. Just thought I'd ask. 4chan's vita general seems to be the only place where I can find people to play with, but only so many people play the same games as I.

True fans will continue playing the device and coming to these threads once in a while. Since most of it lately was only talk about piracy and questions from braindead pirates who can't follow a guide to save their fucking lives, and I've been spending most of my time on my PC, I haven't been dropping by. I did sneak in a bit of Stranger Danger City today. I really hate Life Points, random item curses, arbitrary limits on certain abilities/powerups, buyable item limits, instant death attacks… After dealing with two of those issues in the same half hour play session it'll probably be a while before I touch it again. Got too much stress from real life to let a DRPG stress me out more.

I'm cool with giving the threads a rest for a time. Slow threads are depressing.

Not true. There's just been more about it thanks to new developments and Sony idiocy.

Oh I forgot to reapply the fix when I went on a memory card purge that's all.

How many of those games in the OP recommended list can you get physical copies from without being gouged?

I finally found a copy of Shinobido 2 that wasn't stupidly expensive. So what was the DLC for it about anyways? Was it actual content or just cosmetic shit?

Everything in the "retail" section should be available in physical format.

I don't think there was DLC for it. If so, it's not available now.

Dragon's Crown
To know more about Deception series, do I need to get the previous 3 before getting 4th installment, and how's the game in general.
Nothing right now, maybe Taiko no Tatsujin from a japanese friend

Deception IV is the sequel to Deception II, but even then, it's not that closely related. You'd be fine with playing IV.
I suggest you look up a gameplay video.

I'd wager most of the games that weren't limited physical print to begin with would fit the bill (IE: not Ar Nosurge Plus, Atelier Escha and Logy Plus, etc), but you might have to specify where the line you draw for the point of getting gouged is. Imports might also be past that line as well.

I think I recall hearing there was DLC for it, but it got removed along with the digital version of the game when they took that down from the PSN.

I wouldn't say it's just this thread. I've noticed a lot of recurring threads have slowed down a fair bit for a while now, with some of which having longer and longer gaps between being made.

Thanks!

Fucking Sony. All you're doing is guaranteeing i don't buy your products in the future. Then again, I haven't been the target audience for over a decade. Fuck.

Idea Factory International is translating the Mary Skelter: Nightmares Novel Book for the LE after all.

Time to give IF my money.

Haven't been here in months. Life's hard but fuck that great news who cares if I'm repreating.

LIMITED EDITION WITH NOVEL FUCK YES

Get to it, anons. They listened to us.

IFFY YOU COCKTEASE

This is a tragedy. The bigger tragedy was best girls only got one scene. Worst of all is that fucking stage with the twelve fuck-powerful mechas kicks my ass and I can't out-fight them before I get Zerg Rushed. Seriously that whole map is bullshit.

Went to playing DT2 and Bunny Black out of sheer frustration.

I want to fug IF

Will it be available to yuropoors too?

Ran out the door to cancel my Gamestop preorder after seeing the news on my inbox. Going to preorder this LE when orders go up.

humblebundle.com/2k-playstation-bundle
XCOM for 1$

Neat. Anyone planning to scan/upload that novel for posterity? I seem to recall hearing that it included some information there pertinent to the game's plot itself, thus it makes me think it ought to be a bit more available than just for those dropping extra on the LE.

Is there a particular reason for why they'd make people wait a week? Is it an attempt to build hype, or did they just announce it before they were actually ready to start handling preorders?

Is Henkaku ever going to have psn spoofing again?

Oh this is autosage, who wants to do the new thread since

I hope so. Until then make sure your downloaded games are backed up with QCMA. Rejoice that they will be trying PSNless Adrenaline some time next month.

OP here.

Yeah, since the previous bakers are rarely here now. Maybe one of you guys here want to make a new bread.
If there is no new bread till we reach p13 I'll make one.

Guess you can do it. Update hack paste, for some reason the 5th got deleted.

pastebin.com/a8kiP7Fs

Choose a lovely picture!

vitafags, I have a question. Should I pre-order Drive Girls? Is this game censored? I'm not sure about the US publisher.

Isnt the same that EU version? Check some gameplay first.

Is it censored in europe?

Always assume any foreign localization of a game is censored.

Will it be censored?

IF doesn't have a history of doing that, so probably hopefully not.

See