Is Squad fun yet?

Is Squad fun yet?

i also want to know

its pretty fun when your squad actually does stuff. theres an aweful problem where a lot of squads move to an objective halfway through the map and build a FOB on it and wait for the rest of the team to cap the objectives behind them and 9 times out of 10 the all the squads except one all go to build that FOB and the one squad that at least tries to cap the the objectives on the way, either have no idea how to play or just fuck off somewhere and then your team gets stomped.
but if you play with friends and if your squad is decent, its a blast regardless if your team is retarded

Its getting there, I would suggest that anyone interested should get it, its pretty cheap, especially on sale and has some decent content.

The biggest reason for it though is that right now they're treating this game like they treated Project Reality after some hiccups at the beginning and its a great thing to behold, nothing but content in each update and it seems pretty obvious that it will grow to be as big as PR but with actually good framework and polish.

Theres barely any content.
Call me when they at least have thermals, until then Ill just play Project Reality.

The real question is if the devs are fun allowed yet.

it's boring fucking shit only played by 40 year old men larping as soldiers where 99% of the time you're either walking somewhere at 3mp/h, sitting in a building with your thumb up your arse, or alt-tabbed waiting on a fucking 100 second respawn timer. Seriously the only guys that play this are middle aged men, it's the only FPS they can actually play because their reflexes are so shit.

t. autist

You should consult a therapist, ADHD is a serious issue and could ruin your life.

You sound like an ADHD autist that can't excert his concentration beyond 10-20 minutes at a time. I believe shit games like call of battlefield: poz edition are more down your alley.

I bought it on sale and bought for a friend having refunded years ago. It's pretty good now but needs more scopes. Never got into project reality but squad has become the replacement for if you look at the player numbers.

I know exactly what you are talking about. These faggots also ruined Arma for some time.

Player numbers do not matter until the game is actually unplayable. I installed the game, fucked around the bit and it just made me want to go back to PR. So now I have to wait for a map that doesn't suck to be on

I get that it's LARPy, but shooters shouldn't play like quake and overwatch. I like the game along with Arma because it rewards you for being spatially aware and patient.

>Publisher is using EasyAntiCheat anti-cheat service (“EasyAntiCheat”), which is operated by a third-party service provider offering services to Publisher. EasyAntiCheat has a client software (“Client”) that is integrated into the Software Product. When you start a new Game session the Client will automatically load and install its latest version to the Unit. When you are using the Software Product on your Unit EasyAntiCheat is monitoring the Unit, analyzing the Game binaries and scanning the memory of the Unit for the purpose of detecting and preventing cheating in the Game (“Purpose”). For the Purpose EasyAntiCheat is storing information regarding cheating methods used in the Game (“Data”). By installing, copying, or otherwise using this Software Product, you give your consent that EasyAntiCheat may gather, store and publish Data for the sole purpose of the Purpose. The Data will be used solely for the Purpose including but not limited to identifying and banning players who are cheating in computer games, analyzing cheating behavior and cheating codes as well as sharing data about cheats with affiliates of EasyAntiCheat.

Joint Operations is actually more realistic than Squad or Arma
t.Operator.

i like your style kid

On second though, get it only after they add aircraft

Stop shilling for your shitty game already. It will not replace PR, don't try to make associate the two you lying retards.

Why so hostile over a good game with good devs?

wew

i like squad but it's definitely hit or miss, and it's way more of a slow-burner game than anything else i've played, even PR. there's a lot of time spent moving around, fortifying positions, scouting, even logistics i like to drive the supply truck back to base to help build FOBs, but I like it because the downtime makes the uptime much more exciting. the only thing better than a five-minute-long firefight in some fuckass village in Russia is when you've been tensely patrolling for fifteen, waiting for it to pop off at any moment

that said squad still has a lot of problems that need work, but at its core it's just project reality with smaller maps and no aircraft yet. they've nailed the ballistics and the feeling of combat, and once they can get the sense of scale i do think this will be PR 2… but until you can call in CAS on a hard target, get fire support from a mortar squad or call in a MEDEVAC - and have players provide all of those services. that's where i got my thrills in PR; knowing that when we called in indirect fire some autist on the other side was calling in range and windage adjustments to other autists on mortars was genuinely exciting and made it feel more like a war and less like a game

Both of those are false, are you trying to shit on something you have yet to play?
PR was unfinished for years and still great.
Squad is actually moving faster, especially since they don't have Refractor engine limitations to work around an are actually pouring their pay into assets and code besides their own living.
Its a good purchase for 15 bucks, still, like I said, wait for aircraft implementation

Is it basically Burgers vs Snackbars? Do Snackbars have a chance to organize and go full Jihad?

Is it basically still*
Fuck I need to quit drinking in the early afternoon.

i haven't played it for months, but there are burgers, russians, russian insurgents (so basically russia without BMPs) and snackbars

Can Burgers fight Ruskies or are they too pussy to let that happen?

Like every other multiplayer game, it mainly depends on how retarded your team is.
The game itself feels slow and sluggish, especially in close quarters. Dropping into prone in firefights is abused since you don't lose weapon accuracy on the way down. UK/AU servers are filled with Pajeets and "meta" gamers respectively, US servers are filled with retards and kids, Europoor servers are filled with mute Ivans.

Animation update soon, hopefully fixing a lot of the dumb shit currently going on, and tanks coming after that.
I'm still worried they won't add crewman kits and just let any fuckhead drive vehicles, but who the hell knows.

Burgers and Russians fight, too.
Insurgents and Militia recently got IEDs that you can plant on vehicles and people.

The 'middle aged men' part is the best because they're not teenagers who think screaming unintelligibly and vine memes are the pinnacle of humor, like yourself. If I want to have non autistic discussion about something or a chill afternoon after work you bet your ass I'm going to go chat up grandpa while we walk around the place.

Refunded it instantly.
I use CE to fuck around with hentai games . No fucking shooting game , no matter how comfy it sounds, is worth more than my fapbait.

Jesus, not even VAC is this fucking anal.

Are we seriously entering an era where devs can ban you from a game because you have software- installed- ? I've heard about this happening on android phone games and what not, but never an actual computer game.

that's weird, because i also have cheat engine installed and haven't run into any problems whatsoever

I self compiled mine.
My arguments might have triggered something different.

Can Russians fight snackbars?

I desperately need my Chechnya / Syria / Afghan fix. Was thinking Squad would be my best bet in getting it.

The only pairing not available is Snackbars vs. Militia.
Everything else is in.

Only problem with Russia vs. Militia is that you get retards who mistake friendly vehicles for enemies.

Just buy it goy, if PR (a 100% free game) was finished then so will this one be

I'm feeling a bit of buyer's remorse with Squad since they're dragging their feet on meaningful updates(COME PLAY IN THESE TOTALLY NOT SPONSORED TOURNAMENTS PLS) and will likely fuck vehicle combat by letting any asshole jump in a tank, but PR is a dumpster fire that forces you to get used to inhaling toxic fumes to enjoy.

It's alright, but it is a kickstarted early access game so there's always this thought in the back of my mind that the devs will go "Sorry, spent all the money so we can't finish the game, no refunds!"
Wait until it's finished.

quads confirm be patient

russia vs. militia is basically the chechen war. everyone's packing AKs and RPGs, and the only real difference is that the militia are wearing hodgepodge uniforms (including the ubiquitous slav tracksuit) and the russians are outfitted in actual uniforms

also i reinstalled due to this thread and there is now indirect fire vis a vis mortars, recoilless rifles, tracked vehicles that feel vastly different to wheeled vehicles, and motorcycles. the indirect fire is pretty fun; mortars have about a 20s travel time and you aim via milliradians and bearing. calling out "milliradian 1230, bearing 35, fire for effect" to your fellow autists and waiting for corrections from a squad two kilometers away watching your impacts feels excellent

Is there anything that you can look for when trying to figure out who you're looking at is a slav or a burger when it's USA vs Russia? Since I've been banned from PR servers for TKing before, I've been waiting for a name to come up or looking at the map before shooting anything which leads to me dying alot. Something like the run animations in RO2.

Russia wears black masks and has desert camo.
US Army wears goggles and cat-puke camo.

too autistic for my personal liking, I'll give it a year or two after it gets out of EA (presuming it does) when the devs will declare they want to "appeal to a wider audience"

That is the best part of these sorts of games, chatting about random shit before shit hits the fan.

You fucked up, goofus.