SS13 DOOMguy save us from hell edition

it's a role playing atmosphere simulation and clown robustion game

byond.com/ make an account and then download to install byond cilent, once it's up just press on space staion 13 on the side

that depends on the server as each code base does everything abit different but you'll get a decent feel of it from our wiki

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

we running old cheese pizza code 24/7 nig

byond://87.117.247.20:33447

yeah we ==NEED== coders please get in talks with me about it at Wolfspider#8471 on discord

yes I know rape my face and all that

I'm currently looking for a US time zone moderate who'll be on when I'm not basically, see the aforementioned discord for getting in-contacts with

Other urls found in this thread:

byond.com/
tgstation13.org/wiki/Starter_guide
tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_advanced_construction.
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/29058
modarchive.org/
en.midimelody.ru/
tgstation13.org/wiki/PubbyStation
wiki.ss13.co/Spriting
ss13.eu/wiki
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
wiki.ss13.co
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide#Controls
drive.google.com/open?id=1DhmtmZZD1SueDLDnc9gPeTy5sUIJB1AyOdwVtJOfyT4
drive.google.com/open?id=1EyfDNjR5_duNW6d0R2zhhTZFWG8WhGoM7VHy_8sqIbI
drive.google.com/open?id=1cNwecU3C8y_gIqI0Wy9-HrgAnl--judCtiaVaZNXhe8
pastebin.com/JVkkVDfE
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*DEAD SERVER, DEAD GAME*

The server is alive enough, astoundingly shit OP though.

I was in the fallout 13 server for a while, the non-official one
New mememin elected, no trannybashing allowed

The game is posted and formulaic.

inb4 post round salt.

is the serb hosted by wolfspider now?

gud serb

Yes, need coders though. Im also looking for someone to help with pixelshit for new away missions and stuffs.

You guys are alright.

gross think ill pass on the 8ch server. although i cant criticize too harshly since nobody else would host one, so good on you you colossal faggot

Downloading resourses is taking too long, where is the server located?

Chaosyourgod owns the server while I maintain it and administrate it.
Also regarding the thread, I'm making a template since the shit that chaosyourgod posted looks like shit

What's the version of space oddity that's playing in the lobby?

As said cargobro I am sad I missed all the fun on the main shuttle, but at least I got out on an engi pod.

Getting connection drops every few minutes
It's not my internet, other servers are fine.

Still amazes me this actually happened. Bless humanity for all its faults.

Its an autistic round-based roleplaying game based from a poorly coded atmospherics simulator
You download the BYOND client byond.com/
Use the keybind (CTRL + O) and post the IP into the "Enter the hub identifier" box.
tgstation13.org/wiki/Starter_guide
Chaosyourgod is the current owner of the server, meanwhile 8chanserverhost administrates it and maintains the server.
>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact either Chaosyourgod or 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.
Asking for criticism/thoughts about the copypasta.

holy shit that looks like a fucking tumor lifted from a dying old man drinking brocolli juices from straw, fucking kill yourself. It's ok, remember to announce that you're looking for coders so we can code in flying dicks that'll rape any women in vicinity that doesn't have housewives

>>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!

That's telling them they can join the admin team, tell them you're in a dire need for coders to code memes.

>Wow, I'm a button pusher/dramafag/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact either Chaosyourgod or 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.
We are in need of coders, If you're able of coding for the server, Please contact us through byond.
Is this better you fucking nigger

how hard is this

Keep on fucking memeing and i'll port over those fucking memeboxes and ducks
do you understand me

What memeboxes and ducks

nvm i realized what the memeboxes are I thought they are in

>fun fact there is not a single mention of biomass besides for hydroponics on both the tg and ss13 wiki's
>Guy gets healed but when he pops out he's braindead thanks to his entire bloodstream practically being dexalin that or he left the game I don't know

I shall help you out friend.
There lies your problem
If I'm not wrong, I believe thats ment to be brain damage. You use alkyzine to heal their retard brains.
Doesn't /vg/ have 4 beakers near the cyrotubes filled with Cryoxadone?
I just checked the wiki and it does have Cryoxadone. You put Cryoxadone into the cyrotubes. Dexalin is used for Oxygen Deprivation.
People become braindead when they leave the server or aren't in their body. It was not because of the dexalin.

It was cloning damage, I think, not straight up brain damage.
No, that's just most servers. As soon as I figured out what I needed I immediately looked for that- definitive nope.

Its brain damage from an ungraded cloner,
fucking gay

Can't find any mention of ungraded cloners on either wikis. Could you elaborate a bit please?

its supposed to be

If R&D doesn't do their job and doesn't change the modules inside of the cloner, then the cloner doesn't get access to no brain damage and quicker cloning speeds

It was a while, but as far as I remember:
Meat. I thought sythmeat would work. Apparently not. Yell on public radio that the kitchen isn't doing their job
I think that's what alkyzine is for. It says brain damage, but it's actually clone damage. Brain damage is brute damage to the brain organ, which is fixed by surgery. Yes, this is fucking retarded.
Ask them if you've accidentally connected to Bay
Retarded shitmin that should have seen that this is your first time on the server and offered to help. They can see that.

Like the other user said
There's your problem.

I can do sprite shit if you want

Any of you guys tried out Lifeweb?

FNgyH23a-2: liggers vs demons when

Upgrading medbay machines through RnD is good. But that is only on /tg/ codebase, where even without any upgraded parts cloning is very easy and relatively fast. On /vg/ upgrades give much fewer benefits, there is no autocloning. So everyone just uses "fast" cloning aka early ejection combined with complex cryo mix. And so people don't even bother with upgrading cloner.

How do you make an autocloner, by the way? I could not seem to get it. Don't know what I was lacking.

you just need to upgrade it

You build a cloner. See tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_advanced_construction.
You have to use at least tier 3 RnD parts. Aka phasic scanning modules, ultra micro lasers, pico manipulators. Them you enable autoprocess from the console.
This only exists on /tg/ codebase. It does not work on /vg/ or bay.

Oh, really? That easy? Nice.
I wasn't sure it was working last time, as I was a MoMMI, and so couldn't actually use it.

you need people to actually scan themselves though

Pretty sure nobody did, sadly.
Though, it was dead anyway.

NEW round starting

oi oi Oi!

join up you fags

Hey mate, do you remember what admin that was?

Forgot to let him in on the joke, I guess.

I'm not saying I regret anything, but I really wish I'd actually used the name Alex Murphy instead of Alexander. At least then it would have had some giggles to go with all those shits.

Eh, can we merge this sometime? github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/29058
Probably won't be merged since sleeping "takes away form gameplay" or something according to the buncha autists on the hub.

that seems like a good idea actually, although my only really issue is being able outheal bleeding to death and other such

I remember sleeping a lot when I used to solo THE ZONE gateway area (wild west mines) its incredibly useful for healing minor amounts of damage in an extreme pinch (and making the faithless go away).

ded serber

would play more if my internet cooperated with the server better and if it just wasn't running such shit code in general

tbh I hope that it's just because week mid as well as after the 4th of July and not because of my shit hot pocketing

NOPE

i've seen more than a few people have a immediate negative reaction to the name. and as i don't exactly keep up to date on Holla Forums's latest drama, mind explaining why so many people hate him?

Post lips

It's a little weird to me, too, and I've seen people ask that question in previous threads, but no answers were forthcoming.

I'm starting to wonder if this is some kind of weird trolling attempt or goon-driven shot at an unknown element. After all, another server with potential for a new codebase would meant fewer non-goon victims for them to toy with on their own servers.

NEW round starting

no there's a very good reason why people don't like me and there's also character assassination going on with it, I can explain pretty much all of it but only on my side tbh

Well which is it?

Massive fucking attention whore and an avatarfag that refuses to contain his autism. During the early months of this board, before 4am threads started being a regular thing here, we had steam friends threads. Wolfspider's avatarfagging in those threads were such a problem that mark had to step in and ban them outright. People (rightly) complain about ROB being an avatarfag but he's got nothing on this faggot. ROB at least isn't an admitted pedophile.

Reciting historical facts is now character assassination. You heard it here first.

I'm not sure I understand. He seems like a minor-league sperg and maybe a little too keen on gaining approval from the general populace.

Nothing he's done thus far, at least in the SS13 threads, has been bad enough to flip a table over.

If there's a good reason for it to happen, then it's not character assassination.

You either did something wrong or you didn't you can't say it's only half

well, TJ Henry Yoshi, if you hold down the drama then I guess we'll never have any ss13 servers of our own

You're either terminally retarded or so fucking new that the new poster smell hasn't worn off yet.
He was a massive pain in the ass back when sierrachan was running CPstation, mostly in the form of throwing fucking thread tantrums when his sprite work was denied by the server host. That was just last year. Before that, he was one of the chief shitposters that shat up the threads to defend fucking Koriath during the hatestation meltdown. This "thus far" garbage doesn't apply to him, he's long since used up any good will that's been afforded to him over the years.

You sound upset.
Besides, what's the matter of this pointless bickering if he isn't doing what you supposedly say about him with no proof to back it up, every time now?
Every time someone comes to host an 8ch serb there's always someone to attack them with some unrelated unknown drama from the past that ultimately nobody gives a shit about.

It's time to stop the drama, just like play vidya.

got asked to redtext what happened.

get traitor with objectives to steal advanced mag boots and kill the librarian and hijack the escape shuttle
thinking about how to kill the librarian
steal caps ID
give all access to myself and keep caps ID on me
wandering through maintence hoping to get a specific type of strange object
end up getting 2 explode and 1 that spawns corgis
decide I'll singlo beacon the librarian
go to engineering right as the engineer finished setting up the singlo
give him a corgi
wander around in maintence for a bit
head into engineering from above
engineer didn't set up the singlo right and it's already loose
works for me
was going to steal the boots
engineer already did
think he should be able to notice the singlo rampaging and get to departures eventually
setup beacon in arrivals
singlo tearing through the station slowly
there was a shard somewhere
singlo eats it
people still somehow don't notice cept for a gray shirt
singlo eats the bridge
shuttle will arrive in 25 minutes
singlo had killed everyone else
shuttle will arrive in 4 minutes now
shuttle arrives
cryptographic sequencer the shuttle
Hijacked the shuttle and gray shirt isn't there
Succeeded in every objective but the mag boots

Am I upset? I'm not the one who sounds like they have a struck nerve here, buddy.
Someone asked why so many people react the way they do when the current serb host gets mentioned and I told him why. Hell, wolfspider himself even said there's good reason for people to hate him. The fact he isn't doing shit right this very moment doesn't negate the shit he's previously done.
Keep reading the thread, dumbass. The very next post I made talks about the shit that's most definitely related and very much known. The guy you're defending here is one of that guys that attack new serb hosts. He's been doing it since the altstation split from hatestation.

You can keep trying to defend him if you want but you're wasting your time. Too many people remember him and his bullshit. Welcome to the politics of SS13 you fucking newfag.

oh it's you

I did and I am not good enough at SS13 or lifeweb to provide an educated opinion on it. It's an RP server, but without autistic screetching badmins when RP deviates from a set of unspoken rules. If the players smell new blood, your character will get threatened with rape (and sometimes it will be followed through with). Also, it's only up on weekends and if your byond account is younger than 2015 you have to pay $15 to play.

Hello. I'm the administrator of the server. When I first set up the server for the 4am nigger I was skeptical regarding his past, involving around 4am and the obvious fact that's hes a degenerate spider-loving faggot, but up to how I currently feel about him, I don't really mind him. He's less of a faggot than I expected, and the only faults I have problems with so far is the fact he types like a fucking idiot.
That being said, If you're so against him, to the point that you're willingly going to shit up the thread because he's an attentionwhore despite the fact that just by talking about him, you're giving him attention, then why don't you make your own server? By endlessly complaining about the host, you're getting nothing done.
I frankly could not care less who is hosting the server, whether it was you or the 4am nigger, as long as they don't shit up the server with their stupid shit, such as causing unnecessary drama, ruining the codebase with fucking memes or ruining the rounds with adminbus, of which he hasn't been doing.
Please do yourself a favour and either make a server or simply fuck off.
Thanks.

Didn't see that coming.

Oh I'm sorry goy, I did not realise.
My actual ckey is Roleplay Rascal

Ah, don't throw yourself out just yet, so far you've been pretty ideal. Lets people fuck around, adminbusses now and again with fun shit, and rarely bans outside of that one faggot who kept spamming you from what I understand.

the only thing I'm really banning on is constantly shitting up round after round

I wasn't defending chaos to begin with, merely saying he hasn't fucked up yet. More importantly, the post will be my only comment on the drama.
Thanks for your circlejerk compliment, my fellow user

Engi here; no idea how the sing got out. It was contained when i went to solars so I assume the mag storm shut one of the emitters off.

I warned one person and blamed you.

I had to leave (work) so I was hiding in the disposal unit in departures.

Got a bit of downtime tonight so I'll probably go a few rounds before I punch out.

They put me into the transfer room to execute me
But I was a geneticist

fresh

that's pretty good

He's a major-league sperg that hasn't actively done anything wrong in recent memory. I wont have a problem with him until he does.
There's a reason that anonymous imageboards should be anonymous, and in part it deals with the fact that nearly everyone is an active or "reformed" shitposter of some stripe or shade.
There's always more drama about this person or that person in the threads than discussion about the game.
One of the best parts of Nelstation/the serber was that no one knew each-other. The few serial shitters were banned and banned and banned until they just stopped griefing on their new CKEYs. I'd attribute much of the server's success to that.
Offtopic and it's not EU primetime for another few hours.

what serb was it on?

Did people already stop playing? Got interested in the game and wanna try it out but there is only 3-4 guys in the server, are there certain times when most people show up?

3 hours or so

I've restarted the round and delayed new round, if anyone wants to get on and leave the window minimized till people actually get on I'll let you know when there's enough on for a decent round

:(

dj'in on the whole is abit laggy, it's sort of neat at times but if you time it wrong you'll get people killed with the lag

It's usually to do with the size of the files uploaded
Anything over 1mb can do that, but under that is usually fine.

I had a feeling about that

also undelayed new round, my idea didn't pan out as I thought

I tested the filesizes out once.
I was able to get up to 3mb without any noticeable lag reported by anyone with 24 people on the serb.
Though I dunno how good the current setup is compared to the original Pizza server.

the server seems fairly alright although we've yet to have 24 people on sadly, the server has been stressed tested with 100 npcs and works smoothly tho

It only is laggy if you upload anything larger than 500kb, basically anything that's not a .mid or .mod file, very rarely a vorbis .ogg will be that low in size even with ultra compression which sadly kills the quality.
The CM admins always upload 6mb~ files every time the marines have a good defense so that half the server goes braindead/SSD and the aliens get a chance to attack, though it can be solved in there rather quickly if you just rightclick the topbar > options and messages > red STOP button at the bottom right of that screen if something's downloading. Don't do that if it's downloading files when you're just connecting though, you'll crash the game and have to redownload everything by clearing the cache. This works in any bay-based codebase but not in TG because they disabled that console.

By the way, did you fags know byond supports trackermus? Supports most tracker types like .mod, .it, .xm, .s3m, etc.
Get shit from modarchive.org/ or en.midimelody.ru/ and get DJing. Be mindful of sizes, 1mb equals to 2-3 seconds of lag for everyone else.

oh neat, thank you

Does anyone have a link to the github/gitgud? I want to map away missions and fix the fucking "petting zoo" and fucked up departures security post in MetaStation.

It was posted in the OOC chat.

I told sheylos to fix the stuff he worked on so he's also going to be doing that while mapping wharever

Good, I hope we get a new station sometime, it gets boring playing Meta all day. Fuck using Box why do people like that station so much?

there was someone working on a new station but time will only tell with that

i wanna try this

tgstation13.org/wiki/PubbyStation

By the way, on this code base, are buttbots proper 'butt' oriented bots, or are they the absolutely trash Koriath code garbage bots who say shit meme garbage.

they're proper, just abit iffy at times

Buttbots need to be removed pronto

nah they're fine tbh, I just spawned too many in

Please don't spawn any of them in, it kills the server.

what's that? spawn in enough to kill the server? gadly

I wish you could kill yourself with the butt bot spam instead of the server.

What's that? Make a ton of buttbots stored together with a radio and a recorder set to repeat? Okay!

I've built up an immunity to butts, unlike your virgin ass

Making a beach-themed away mission called Skylark Island, with huts that house pirates, crabs, an underground dungeon, and a mini volcano. The only issue is, how can I make players warp to a different map when they click the ladder?

That involves a different z-level entirely.

New round

I was thinking of making a recreation of certain Doom maps for combat-themed away missions (since doom literally is a 2d game being rendered in 3d anyways so the level design doesn't really break) but one thing that'd be missing would be textures and monsters.

Byond mapping is fairly easy, just download the codebase you want to work in, copy a map, clean it, change its name and rightclick things to make walls.

did I miss anything last night?

How hard is it to learn byond code? I have things I want to add.

if you know c++ I've been told it's like that

Yeah except undocumented and segmented into a clusterfuck.

does this look alright so far as a kinda "plasma" weapon

I've heard that to.

Looks like something /k/ would do if they were told to make the biggest dragon dildo launcher they could. Why is it pink?

I based it off of the element argon and plasma is a kinda purple

Looks like pink on my screen, make the shades darker for the "purple" and make the yellow lines brighter and maybe it won't look like something you stick on the backdoor of a man's pride.

better or worse?

Hm, maybe a railgun-like line cruising through the middle of it would make it look a bit better? But yeah, it looks better now. Though i have no idea what that stock is supposed to be nor where the trigger is at, it looks like a mashup of an alien gun and a green shotgun.

maybe some kinda hand gun then?

It's easy as shit, impossibly basic. It's just that the naming schemes went a hundred directions and that there's a lot to account for. The easiest thing to program is quite possibly advanced virus traits, followed by gamemodes, chemicals/liquids/foods, weapons, plants/simple matter, abilities (provided you are creative), complex non-weapon objects, anything to do with lighting, non-player mobs, anything to do with power or construction, anything to do with gasses and atmospherics that you want to serve a real function, player-mobs, in that order.
Please note that making alternate races is about as easy as making plants/simple matter, usually. It's a matter of how fancy you want to get with it.

You want to make it clear that the gun is compressing and containing the plasma to fire. 40k loves itty bitty Plasma pistols, but something with a few queues from this would be pretty functional. Consider perhaps an underbarrel of Plasma feeding into it, like a PP Bizon.
If you give it those ridges like the 40k guns, you could make it clear how many shots it would have, and make 'inbetween' states like stunguns have, to denote how long you'd have before a reload.

sorta starting to like it

Try making the barrel cylinder a bit more narrow, like a beer-bottle almost. I think that's the only thing keeping my brain from being like 'oh, yeah, that's a gun'.
The handle might be a bit too pronounced, and the trigger should be facing the other way or re-purposed into a different method of firing.

what the fuck is that supposed to be

is that better?

I suppose it's some kinda plasma hand gun

This is looking a lot better. The underbarrel plasma tank seems to be confusing , maybe if you add a tube from the back into the main body of the gun it'll be more clear?
I'm not quite sure what the blue stuff is either, I just thought it was for the look. On the w40k, that glowing blue chamber is a railgun loader, the front is a vent and where it fires from, and the holster is also the container for the hydrogen fuel cell.

Im not going to mince any words here, I think it looks like shit. I just came into the thread and thought you were spriting a glue gun.
The first thing you need to do is make sense of your design (who manufactured it, how does it reload) then change the colors.

I'm not that user (or talented in art), but I think the gist of it is like this.

it's nothing from 40k so I'm not bases it from anything of it, if anything the base is this

what colours did you have in mind?

Worse. Pink with fleshy undertones just screams 'ALIEN PENIS'

can't have something which looks like a penis, that's too gay right? right!

Make it look more like an alien penis already, faggot.

does anyone have the contact details of any of the older coders, if so can you let me know please?

Well, yeah, basically. Why are you making an alien penis gun?
It looks gay

maybe you just got a penis fixation?

I'm not the one literally drawing a penis gun.

you'll be the one sucking off a penis gun in a minute

I'd get shot by that, sure

He's not the one drawing the damn thing gaybo.

Are you autistic?

No I just missed the right post.

draw the shock rifle from ut99 pls

this sexual beast yeah?

Now that I could work with. It notibly does not look like a penis.
Replace the blue with purple, and you've got yourself a plascannon.

that's totally a penis what are you on about?

YES

some time later then

YOU FAGS BETTER GET IN ON THE SERB.
i wanna have some fun playing vidya

It's surprisingly well populated.

new round we've got ten peeps on, GET IN

Excuse me I thought gamemodes were fucked and it was impossible to add more?

This is totally unknown to me. It's been done just recently with stuff like Abductors/Shadowlings?
Having looked through gamemode code, it's become less and less arcane over time.

you fucking wot?

On an unrelated note, holy fuck, katanas hurt like a bitch.Three hits and apparently it can knock you down too.

yeah the last round kinda devolved into planet of the apes at the end

it was abit of a chimp out

Things went bananas, yes

What's the standard size for a sprite?
I'm getting the desire to fiddle with something like that, lately. Figure if I have a set goal, I might get further learning code shit than I have currently. Making a new weapon or some jazz seems like a fairly easy way to do that.

wiki.ss13.co/Spriting

Server is dead so I had time for an autism project. Sadly I got appendicitis or I would have pushed it more.

Does anyone know another way (I used super-cooled plasma) to get more juice?

the basic sprites are 32x23 but dreammaker works with any sized sprite so long as the set they're in are all of that size

I recommend you take the human sprite sheet and cut them into separate imagines each of 32x32, so that you can use them as a base for everything pretty much

new round going up

it seems I've taken ownership of the wiki, let me know if you want editing rights to update it

Add more rad collectors (order from cargo or build from sci).
Hypercooled (-250 C) in high volumes can get you a bit higher than that with just the standard 6 collectors.
I recommend you don't start the engine before adding the collectors, it's best to use solars as a startup, order/research&build shit and install everything before starting it. Even with magboots, it's incredibly hard to expand the capacity of the engine around itself, even more so since you have to maintain it afterwards.
Also, if you are going to do that, build more SMES units fucking everywhere in the map, they are cheap as shit to build.
1capacitor[tier determines how fast it charges and how much power it can output], 5powercells[tier determinies the max capacity and how much it can charge per cycle], 5cable coil per SMES unit. 10 more cable to make the terminal after it's built as well plus the wires underneat to joint it to the powerline but cable is literally free and everywhere around the station so nobody gives a shit.

By the way serbhost, this codebase is using the retarded Koriathkodeâ„¢ protolathe that overheats and explodes, which is broken because even if you flush it with space lube the thing still retains the same heat it had when you last built something eg: the flushing system doesn't work, it doesn't detect when you do that despite telling you that the temperature lowers, so even if you put temperature as down as 250c, it will jump straight to 480c if that was its last temperature and explode. Lubrication itself does work to make it explode less, temperature flushing doesn't.. So it can't be used to massproduce simple things like spare parts or power cells with the x10 button. If you manage to fix that and make it less tedious to maintain it, it'll be good.

I REALLY WANT SOME CODERS NOW

Benis Into Bagina

Yeah sure whenever you want to give it to us

Ownership of the 8station lot?
Great. We've been needing it. The chemistry guide is great, but we've got not much else.

never ever E:

I just made a request and boom got it, surprised no one else didn't take it before me tbh

I'll ask for some permissions later.
I want to help with some paperBBCode stuffs, dump my load of fancy paper things.
One thing I wish we had more of is forms. People need to be filling out forms. Every job should require complex paperwork to be filed.

well if paper wasn't like html code to write on tbh

This.

I did something similar for a side project using SS13 dudes as a base.

Git on serb fags. It's play time!

nevermind there's a nigger mime murderboning everyone.

Server's alive, icky ocky aside. Looks like 10 or so guys on.

???

Are you stupid?
Use 'Who' to see the number of people on the server. You can even do it while you're in a round, and it has nothing to do with the round itself.
If I had to guess the actual number of people on-station, it'd probably be 7 or 8, not the full 10.

The crew manifest provides in-game in-character information. To discuss that OOC is cheating.

To talk about the number of players connected to the server mid-round is metagame/powergaming information and is cheating.

Nope, not at all. That user says how many people are online so more people are attracted. If they said "get on",people wouldn't, thinking there's only that one user, so giving a definite number of players means more are attracted in turn.

Good thing the crew manifest isn't the Who command.

Good thing the "who" command isn't the crew manifest, then!
You should stop talking you fucking illiterate

you must be retarded god bless

Filtered

Filtered

'Who' tells you how many people are connected to the server. It provides no ingame information. Those connected could be playing, they could be ghosted, they could be any other kind of player status. What about this do you not get?

things_that_didn't_happen.txt

The guy discussed OOC information in the thread, an OOC discussion area.
What is your problem with this?

The golden rule has always been to never to discuss information during a round, even in thread. Why is this suddenly allowed?

You don't. You only know how many people are connected. Traitors are by default on the crew manifest, and you could have Cyborgs, MoMMi's, and an AI, none of which are in the ingame Crew Manifest.
Only if you are the AI or have access to certain ingame consoles.
This is not and has never been true, and if you're accessing the Crew Manifest ingame, it's something your character is actively doing.
You seem to be trying to imply that Who and Crew Manifest are somehow the same thing, which is digging the hole significantly deeper, because they're really not. In any capacity. You can't really even cross-reference them for metagame purposes, it's not a viable meme strategy for powergaming.
What baffles me that you think that mentioning info gained from Who, which is and has always been OOC, is the exact same fucking thing as announcing a traitor to the thread mid-round, and then the fact that you've doubled down on that assertion.
It's not like your anonymous imageboard reputation is at stake, if you get confused and make yourself look silly, why not just cut and run?
What's the logic behind all this?

I did not imply that at all, you inferred it.
I'm saying that by combining a legitimate in-game piece of information (crew manifest) with OOC cheating (/who), you are giving your character a metagame advantage by knowing more information than someone who did not.

So every feature in the game is perfect and impossible to abuse by shitters? Remember when we had 1u maxcap bomb pools? Yeah that was fun.

But that's OOC information and being posted in an OOC discussion. Which is just fine according to

Sorry about ickocking about the mime earlier on the thread. Was kinda upset he went straight for someone who just joined when there were other targets on the hallways of the station, unprotected, who were just as valid. Thought it was some kinda admin meme due to his name or a shitter who stole from the armory to kill everyone again.

Also for everyone who don't want the retard to stick:
Try it sometimes, it's an useful feature.

Wait, so you're telling them to filter me because I'm pointing out hypocrisy, cheating, and exploits? I'd expect this from /tg/ servers but not here

It's almost like anyone can do that. It means nothing if he says it in the thread as anyone can check that shit in 10 seconds. Again, they mention playercount to attract more players. It's not metagaming, you're just being autistic over a minor issue.

Now, the old lobby that showed who was readied was ICcky OOCky, as you used to count # of players readied, check manifest and discount any players who joined through arrivals. 5 missing was Nukies, 2, 4 or 6 missing was abductors, anything else was tator/ling/cult/sling/extended.

That's just you metagaming, faggot. I idle in the lobby constantly to raise playercount to attract more.

Filtering is gay.

Cry a bit more, nigger.

So you admit that it is an issue, then?

Jesus, these last 20 posts are a mess. I'm gonna cool it for a bit

It's an issue if you're autistic. No one else cares if someone says "There's 10 players on" as ANYONE can check it. It's just saving someone 30 seconds from logging on and checking themselves. It means fucking nothing apart from saying "We actually have players, come along."

Yes. It works remarkably well on low-pop to attract users from here and on the server list.

Nigger.

No, because this is shitting up the thread and moving us towards the bump limit and not contributing anything

Yo mein niggers, we need a server name.
I was considering going with honkstation since I originally made a server for a while with that name.

Benis Sdadion 69

"Faggot Station"
The most accurate description.

Otherwise, I've always been partial to HateStation. Best name.

Active players does not imply active crewmen.
The number of people who are currently playing is not in-character relevant, as the number of players who are currently playing is not necessarily reflective of the number of active crew currently onboard the station.
People can be in the 'join' screen, ghosting, dead, Nukeops, Aliens, and so on.

Talking about players connected means nothing.

You don't know any of that stuff beyond a raw number of connected-user potential units.
The absolute best you could do is use that information with how many active crewmen you know of to guess the maximum number of ayys. But even then, they could be in the 'join' screen.
You literally have no advantage whatsoever.

How?
What advantage do you gain from doing that?
It still doesn't tell you who is currently active in the crew, it still doesn't tell you who is a traitor, it doesn't tell you jack shit about ghosts or observers or people in the join screen, and of course it isn't going to tell you about ayys or any of that shit either.

It's like you think that, in the crew manifest, everyone's username is tied to who they're playing or some shit.

Literally a strawman that was never once inferred by that guy's post. He never said anything remotely in the same realm as this. Further, you take this absolutely grade A retarded strawman, and try to drag a completely new argument out of thin air in a vain attempt to prove your opponent wrong on something completely fucking unrelated.

And again, too!
This is not something he suggested. It's something he believes you are making an argument for. He's saying you are making the case that revealing the number of players currently playing the game is the same as saying "The Janitor is a tator!" in OOC.
This is not his assertion. This is your assertion. Why are you trying to play it off as though it is his? It would appear this is another incredibly shitty attempt at moving the argument, in this case literally flipping the table as it were to try to stick your own failed and ruined argument on your opponent. The strangest part to me, though, is that you defend your position in the same fucking post.
The fuck're you trying to do, mate?
Do you just not understand English?

Are you the same Pole from the Haydee thread, by chance?

alright I'm writing up a list of names and then we're fucking voting on this shit

so yeah gib names for the server

I named the initial fork I had to Space Station 8. It was unique to us but still let pubbies come on so we can stomp them.

Riesen or zaers?

new round coming up

btw if you're wanting to help out in any way just add Chaosyourgod or 8chanserverhost

THERE'S A TON OF PUBBIES ON PLEASE COME BULLY THEM

Hippie's gone to shit because of the new female host and her yog-tier admins. You've won, Holla Forums, I'll play spacemen with you

But hippie was always shit.

Time to crack some bones. The only reason to play shitcurity officer.

hippie fucked its self via bringing in as much youtube cancer as possible

Even more than usual?

New round starting with pop

Join up you fags

remember this ?

Good times

dem quads

Jesus christ. I mean you pretty much need a spacesuit because of movespeed, but you should have more than enough time to do it without air.

I wish you could instantly inject genomes. That would make tinkering with geneticist more interesting, or make the needles behave just like other syringes. Why can't you just have genetic fluid be another fluid that overwrites your genes? Then you could spike drinks and stuff

I know people historically used it to turn the crew into monkeys immediately and it was hilarious

It would also be nice if we had a bottle of mutadone in the genetics lab like most other stations do.

It is annoying when you go blind and non-antag decides it would be funny to not help you and wipe your clean buffer for good measure. Which seems to be SOP on this server.

witnessed

get the chemist to make some for you?

I would really love if the genomes behaved like any other syringe, it would give you so many more possibilities other than giving some out and seeing what happens.
Would probably be overpowered if antag but in the end every antag could get the stuff anyway and you can already get pretty op on other jobs

Up until I was a shitty traitor that was really cool, thanks to the guys who actually let me do a proper funeral procession and attended.

SE syringes used to be compatible in syringe guns for the briefest of moments.
It always ended up with the Geneticist """accidentally"""" dropping multiple fully loaded syringe guns in the hallways, filled with monkey, hulk, tele, invis etc to fuck over Command and Sec as much as possible.

Good times, but it would take more effort than it's worth to balance it.

In other news, my autistic map that no one will like it coming along, but I mistakenly decided after however many years of playing SS13 that I'd finally dev for it at the same time as starting Uni, and I didn't realise Uni actually required me to leave the house and do things.
Map will be done, however, and we'll all get a chance to bully me for how shit it is.

Just an excuse to bump, tbh.

It still works like that on tgstation I think and they dont seem to have a problem. Also syringe powers are only temporary there and you need to apply them in the machine to keep the powers. I personally would like it on our server too but its not too important

I used to mainly play on Paradise God that was sad to watch and the powers are permanent, so they nerfed the different ways to apply it. They eventually gave all powers a value and exceeding X would nullify all powers or something.

I want to start playing this garbage.
Anyone got some tipsntrixâ„¢ for me?

ask a nigga in game start as an assistant and ask for people to show you around and don't be a nigger also read the fucken wiki

Have the wiki open at all times, be prepared to have to alt-tab a lot to search up what something is or does. They immensely help when you're learning a job, too. There are three wikis that I know of-
ss13.eu/wiki - Use this one for /tg/station and our server, mainly
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/Main_Page - Use this one only on /vg/ station, since they've gimped a lot of things from a lot of jobs. Also it's just shit in general.
wiki.ss13.co - Goonstation. Use this one if you can't find a mention of something on the two others. i.e, this is the only one with a complete guide to genetics with a full list of all genetic effects. Only use as a fallback though because there are some interspersed bits that don't translate to other serbs

Also, learn basic controls in a depopulated server before joining any big ones (i.e /vg/)
But other than that, you'll learn everything over time

The controls and UI are the biggest things to overcome initially. Don't worry too much about figuring out what the fuck is going on. Just learn how to interact with everything because there's plenty of quirks to it.
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide#Controls

P.S. that wiki is outdated as fuck but the information on controls is still a-ok. That starter guide in general is still 99% relevant.

DEADASS is the right wiki

Well that would've been good to know a month ago, kek

looking forwards to new map

Failure was the only option.

new round starting up

how's this so far?

Looks better than your first rendition.
Reminds me of a lasgun.

it's that ut99 shock rifle some user wanted, still needs alot of work

At least it isn't a penis this time.

Where did everybody go?

it's weekday Monday night

Work. I usually get a few rounds in before I head home (getting paid for spessmen just feels right) but had a relatively busy day.

we need to start coordinating better tbh

Haven't been playing a while, myself, mostly due to work stuffs.
It's hard when the best time seems to be relatively early in the day.

I think the only outstanding request in the past while is for E-Cigs to be brought over, I'm about ready to implement them myself if no one else tries it.
I got some practice in from trying to port over the Vampire gamemode from Aurorastation. Most of which is wasted for the immediate future, for a few reasons, but I'm confident in adding something as simple as the E-Cig seems to be.
I'm not sure if there's anything in particular that's broken or needs to be removed, though.

Yeah port it over.

I've got afew lists of bugs and things but once all the bugs are sorted out the main thing we need is new low pop antags as well as just general improvements

drive.google.com/open?id=1DhmtmZZD1SueDLDnc9gPeTy5sUIJB1AyOdwVtJOfyT4

drive.google.com/open?id=1EyfDNjR5_duNW6d0R2zhhTZFWG8WhGoM7VHy_8sqIbI

drive.google.com/open?id=1cNwecU3C8y_gIqI0Wy9-HrgAnl--judCtiaVaZNXhe8

pastebin.com/JVkkVDfE
here's the code for them

It is done.
The vape is fully functional, but before I push it in, I need to fix the visuals.
They seem just a teeny bit broken.

github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station

good man tbh

Alright, here's what it looked like (broken) and what it looks like (fixed).
The only thing I ended up having to strip is the overlay that tells you how "open" it is. The message in chat will tell you like usual, but you will only get it once.
There are a few ways of getting Vapes, neither of which I will spoil. One in particular will probably get snagged as fast as the Insulated Gloves are, it's not exactly hidden.
Whoever decided the Lobby time needed to be 5 minutes even if everyone's readied up should be shot.

right now we're dealing with a bug that got pushed into the latest build so if you make a pull request the server isn't going to update just so yet

I put the pull in, just merge it whenever you've got that sorted.

there's a merge issue that needs fixing

I have no idea what that means, in any capacity.

Quick question, whats your usual ping on the server?

there's a conflicting files and it's the map

That's because you replace the map the server's using with the new one.
Naturally it'll conflict, since I scattered a few vapes around in it.

o.k so I need to wait till admin gets on to sort it then

encase I'm just an idiot which is very much the case always, I made you into a collaborator

Solving it the good old fashioned way has to be done by whoever has the repo itself, which isn't me.
The easiest way would be to
>Conflict should be gone since it only adds, not replaces, information

I think I did it somehow

oh I think niggering /vg/s makeshift weapons could be good tbh

I mean the server was already garbage and we used it exclusively to raid (until gitgud got so asshurt he got us banned for meta)
What the fuck happened to admiralhippie, why is there a
in charge? when did this happen?

Use the tg station mapmerge tool, next time. It will only make a small change needed instead of swapping out the entire .dmm file.

I thought Hippie was still in charge but this chick is head admin or something and is 2nd in command, but he won't tell her to fuck off because e-peen succ.

Neat, I didn't know. Nothing I've pushed in before involved changing the map.

new round tbh

newer round tbh

People balk at joining because it doesn't look like there's enough people for it to be fun.

Just keep at it until it hits that critical mass of activity that people start considering it.

This guy gets it by large. We don't have enough players because we don't have enough players because we don't have enough players.

In my own defense, I've got work, and it makes things rough.

Thanks a million to whoever made this image. That's fucking priceless, right there is.
We ought to make more original content, honestly. Maybe some good memes'd attract people to the game.

Maybe people don't like the metagaming :^)

Alright we'll nigger that /vg/ weaponmaking shit no worries my pal

Also, spoilers to a new job my pals!
also why the fuck was vaping pushed on the github? I don't see a reason why vaping should be on the server unless it affects gameplay in some sort of way, oh and don't forget
NO FUCKING MEMES IN MY FUCKING CODEBASE

From the few brief skimming I did of the thread, it looks like it adds a way to easily create gas

I initially thought of it as something as bad as the ducks that koriath added.
If it will help with traitors and shit, like creating plasma via the gas, then I'd restrict it to the syndicate uplink only.

Think of it as a cigarette, except it affects others near you because of vape clouds

This could do the usual memes you can do with cigarettes, such as speed drugs or spacewalking

The more and more I hear vape, the more and more I feel repulsed to have it in my codebase.

Okay but dab emote when

When I kill myself; chaos has full power over the server with no voice in the back of his head to stop telling him to be a faggot.

I could create a Dab verb in about 10 seconds.
It'd be good for a meemee.

What is that, central command officer?

It can be used as an advanced cig like a long-term heal patch for security, pop that shit in right before combat and laugh your way out of stuns or damage.
It can be used by medics to disperse clouds of healing chemicals that could help heal a number of people at once, disperse a virus cure to a group, and so forth.
Bartenders can now make an aura of drunkenness and smoke alcohol to all of the stupid crew who refuse to pop by and take a swig.
Chaplains can fill it with holy-water in confirmed cult situations and create a protective wall between them and whomever should try to magic sheet their ass.
It can be used by shitters to superchem or as a one-time plasma bomb, the moment you ignite that shit everything explodes; the vape can be emagged to make the radius massive, so if you've got anti-incapacitation chems in you, you could smoke hydrochloric and knock people out.

This is the correct reaction and the same one I had, but it seems pretty neat, and when I really looked into the functionality, I realized why people kept requesting them. It's a meme object, sure, but it actually has some fun implications.
Hurry up and update that shit anyway, vape or no vape, AI's being able to choose their own shit and NTreps and that change I don't want to mention in the thread are all pretty important.

you are the biggest meme my friend

it's not a new job as such, it's replacing the lawyer for Nanotrasen Representative

low pop every round new round lets go

new round tbh

kill yourself nigger

low pop map when?

mapper is still going at it

in regards to

Welcome to Space Station 8
Last time on 8station:

An atmospheric simulator in deep space
byond.com/ Download and install it's shitty client.
Every server is different in code, take a look at the wiki for this one to get started.

Notes:
We're currently looking for coders to add FUN things into the codebase. Hop on discord and talk to Wolfspider#8471 for more information.

Moderators for the US time zone wanted. Ask Wolfspider#8471 on discord for more.

also I can help make some vaults if I knew how to get/use a map cleaner

thoughts?

Looks like a gay mix of both a Deathsquad and an Ayylmao space suit. What's it for?

brain fart tbh

Ugly as sin.

Lowpop maps are always sht.

how so?

The colors do not go well with one another. At all. The face plate is also fucking hideous.

better or worse?

Better by a fair ways. Still a little ugly, I really don't like that visor, but now it doesn't have the glaring pallet as much.
Looks a fair ways more industrial, too.

I'm a bit questioning on the blue, though. If nothing else, I'd match it with the visor. As is, looks a little gaudy. What's it supposed to be anyway? I know it's a hardsuit. Who for? Science EOD?

Still despise the helmet. Also, I think I prefer the other color combo.

yeah it was abit meh tbh

You made the face mask fucking worse god damn what are you doing just stop

I think it's better but alright

wait wait fix'd tbh

At least it isn't a shitty generic butt-looking pile of shit with a green T in it.
Instead, we got cyberfurries, which'd actually be a pretty decent new enemy/roundtype lot.

fucking delet tbh

fuck off puppysky

Hey niggers the code has been updated on the server
new features that will be mentioned in the new thread
>Vaping Still wish it was called something better

have fun mein niggers

new bread when?