Video Game Artists

I recently discovered that Ryoji Shimogama was responsible for the monster designs in two of my favorite games, Resident Evil 2 and Parasite Eve 2. I shit a brick when I learned it was the same guy. Since I played those games when I was much younger, and religiously, he's had a huge impact on my art style. I've always wanted to draw and create monsters like he did. Mutation, biomechanical horror, twisting human form beyond its limits, he did all the shit that's right up my alley. Videodrome, the Thing, etc.

Tetsuya Nomura also did a lot of monster design as well so he gets a special nod for similar reasons; I wish I could track down more specific on who made what and when on a per monster basis but concept art is hard to come by with that degree of detail. My quest for Parasite Eve 2 concept art has been a long game, but I'm collecting it in a folder, if slowly.

Anyone else have a vidya artist affect them in such a way?

Other urls found in this thread:

projectumbrella.net/articles/Ryoji-Shimogama-Interview-Project-Umbrella.
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation
neoseeker.com/parasiteeve2/concept_art/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

forgot to include a link to an interview with him in the OP: projectumbrella.net/articles/Ryoji-Shimogama-Interview-Project-Umbrella. It's not really enlightening but it's cool to see he could be dug up a decade later to talk about some of his work (wish I could do the same). He's worked on surprisingly few games despite being so badass.

tetsuya nomura sure knows how to do horrible looking monsters, i mean look at this shit.

who could ever get an erection to this thing?

What is wrong with her right thigh?

since Cloud = Lightning and Nomura = Cloud, he is through the transitive property masturbating as his waifu. Pretty sick shit, considering. Should crosspost to /monster/

Imagine how good a Licker's tongue would feel inside you

same thing that's "wrong" with all of these

i think they call that body horror around here

Who wouldn't?

how the fuck are there two people who want to fuck lickers

Here, more designs. The nips really do make great designs.

Midori Hanada did all the Gen 3/4 Pokémon maps. Shame there's no full resolution out for all of them. They're really detailed.
What I really like about them is how she's able to take the in-game maps and surround them with natural looking geography.

Aw, none of them have him penetrating somebody with his tongue. I'm kinda disappointed.

You never cease to disgust me, Holla Forums.

asses are asses user.
and don't think i'm not ashamed.

It does have a great ass, but that face..

paper bags exist for a reason.

You know there are fem lickers right? Dunno why you gotta post this homoshit.

It looks like she has a huge cock

some next level trolling here.

Was there ever an explanation for all this bullshit?

The cunts will try adding human faces to the monsters and completely ruin the designs.

there's like 7 billion people on the planet. the odds are against you that there would be more than one

Where do you think we are?

How can you say you love it if you can't even kiss its brain?

To be fair you can use strength on a truck and in Pokémon Green and the Japanese Pokémon Red you did get Mew by catching them all. Everything else is just trolling

I dunno if rough unlubricated anal sex sounds like love. probably more like eating leftover pasta.

I don't love though, it's ugly

I guess if Resident Evil Damnation is canon fugging one would be possible.

Autism horse is now a thing in videogames?

yup

also

whelp, this finally got me to download RE2 and the Parasite Eve games. Is there a chart of other must play PSX vidya?

Rule 34, never forget.

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation

this list seems pretty thorough

cool, thank ya

no problem. hope you enjoy!

fucked that post up

Where is a good place to get artwork for vidya?

try boorus if you don't want to use google fu

humorously a lot of geocities and angelfire domains still archive some of this stuff. helps to translate the game title to japanese and use google japan to find images most times.

some sites are just gonna be random like neoseeker.com/parasiteeve2/concept_art/

you can also scrape a game's wikia for starting material.

Try sadpanda.

I like how this is the only on-topic reply.
Also the Pokemon maps were great.