Other urls found in this thread:

wiwiki.wiwiland.net/?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BAD END

Nigga do u even emulate

I fucking love emulation

You're pretty shit at it tbh.

what?

I should take more screenshots when I play. I think these four are literally all I have.

I often take too many screenshots, and won't even use most of them.

Some of my older ones.

All of them are blurry. The whole point of emulation is to get crisp and clean image.

The whole point of emulation is to play video games.

does UEBS have a ""refugee"" characters?

But why settle for worse?

He's probably in software mode because those rooms look like ass in hardware, half of it is transparent.

You don't fucking say.

PSO2 > PSO1, nerd.

It's far superior to xiv, xiv is one of the most boring mmos ever made

Wreckfest, right?
Why Bugbear, why. I thought you were cool.

I think it's just hard to motivate people to work for you when there's little to no money getting poured in because no publisher want your game. I though THQ was down too, but I'm glad they kind of got a publisher.

I wasn't comparing, I was making a statement. :^)

Would've been easier to get a publisher if they didn't sit on their ass for ages without adding any substance to the game.

I remember people streaming this over the course of months and nothing in the game changing one bit. And they already have all the mechanics working, they literally just needed to add more races and cars.

Well they got funded by the players already so they shouldn't have needed a publisher, but that's what you get when you keep making changes to your engine because you want more and more and then seemingly do nothing with it.
I haven't played it in ages, but looking at some of the disappointed reviews some say they changed it from what it used to be, which was just a fun destruction derby racing game. How much of that is true? Would be a damn shame if they went away from what made FlatOut so fun.

But yeah, THQ got bought by Nordic along with all (or most?) their IPs and they've been steadily trying to build themselves up again.

Don't forget it's their own engine built from scratch if I recall correctly, and I remember this period where they were tweaking the physics here and there. And it's not over, they made a huge update this last june but they made so much changes that their physic is now worse in some ways than it was in 2014… I'm still hoping for the best.

God damn it.

But hey, I think making a car game with a realistic physic engine, well optimized, holding on 2017 graphics AND being fun is one of the hardest things in video games ever.
They're the only studio trying that right now and that's remarkable.
By "worse", I think it's just more balanced, they made the cars more robust so you won't be out after the first turn.
For me the original physics were the best, which can be still played in the Sneak Peak 2.0.

Also, now they're trying to make it a simulation game rather than a fast and fun game, that's why their tracks don't have any jumps or shortcuts anymore and everything is kind of slow (but thanks god there are mod packs where every track is better than Bugbear's for now).

Another problem is that you're supposed to finish the races with only one car, that's why the cars are way stronger than in real life, I wish you could just reset your vehicle when you total it, that would allow the game to be faster, the tracks more dangerous and overall more fun, à la Pacific Rift.

ok

Got to a cool area, the effect doesn't really translate well into screens though. It's the bridge of Bifrost, but it's a straight line that doesn't account for the curvature of the earth, so as you walk straight along it the world slowly falls away and you start to see cosmic shit until you get to Asgard.

That's fucked up, why would they do this when everyone wanted another FlatOut? Man this sucks. No wonder people are pissed off.

Maybe adjust your glasses autismo?

That's area is just 90% overlapping transparencies.

Is Monster Hunter any good?

I have no fucking clue.

You asked for it.

Someday I'll play daggerfall. Someday I will.

Why not today?

I still own the original game, cardboard box and all. The manual was very cool ("please don't savescum, a lot of the cool stuff this game has can only be seen by making mistakes. If you're stuck somewhere with no way of surviving then please reload. Just keep in mind that if you keep reloading everytime things don't come out 100% like you wanted, your longplay will end up looking like a long chain of lucky coincidences where everything went out perfect" or something like that. Truly inspiring). It also said that it was inspired and trying to give a homage to games like Ultima Underworld, Eye of the Beholder and Wizardry.

Anyway, I can't remember a good reason why I should replay Daggerfall instead of the the later Elder Scrolls games. I've never played Arena either. Only reason that comes to mind is that world is insanely big, although you'll never walk around for long. Remember walking around in Skyrim, exploring? In Morrowind there was a lot of walking around. Even in Oblivion where fast-travelling was constantly abused, you'd still keep exploring and you certainly had to travel cross country a lot of times for all quests. Well, I don't remember doing that in Daggerfall.

I remember you could buy a ship to put your stuff on it and you could travel everywhere on it, even to the middle of the desert (I guess it was a magical ship). Cheaper than a house but less comfy. You couldn't travel on houses, though.

Is there a mod that gives it more or less modern control scheme?

How do you get that? Playing Arcosephale?

I prefer Elder Scrolls style, where genders HAD little bonus and penalties to some attributes.

I can't recall gender influentiating anything in the BG series (being gender-bendered by a wild surge doesn't count, it just makes you a tranny).

Not that I remember. There are mods, but they all make the same mistake: they don't release their source files so at some point they get bored or get busy and their works are left unfinished. Since nobody can use their work as a starting point for something else, they are all wasted efforts.

They tried remaking Morrowind with the Skyrim engine, they must have gotten some success because I saw them trying to do the same with Oblivion (looked the same because Oblivion already looks decent, just the interface changed).

You can map the controls so that they are more or less identical to Morrowind's. Just set them the way I have them in pic related and change "mouse" from cursor based movement to view based.

I think he has some kind of enchanment or curse on him. I took that screenshot a long time ago but I definitely remember it was a normal pegasus.

That's because the big overworld wasn't there to explore in Daggerfall. The game wasn't about exploration at all. The game is a dungeon crawler and the point was to have a wide variety of locations to give different combinations of different types of temples and guilds so that you'd have reason to move around and find the best kingdom for your particular build to buy his house in.

shiggy diggy

What's that last Virtua-On lookin' game called?

LOL

sometimes you add too many mods and everything just falls into place

Did he buy it at the 24/7?

Not only are they faggots but they're also lazy.

This game is fucking garbage.

What do you expect from a corporate AAA game? Effort?

Patrician taste.

Thank you, sir.

Tried 8x Native. Not that big of a difference visually and has more slowdown than 4x.

This kind of collectables drives me nuts. The moment I see it, I don't care if I die or lose a match, I just fucking fly towards that thing. Same with the music disks in Smash.

Does CM3D2 count?

i followed this guy around yanov for like 2 hours and all he did was loot corpses. every once in a while when he would come back to the base he would go out again. no one ever came back with him.

Failed experiments

my what pleb taste you have.

the E.Y.E br server is a exploration into insanity

i mean you aren't wrong but glass houses and such.

what do most people sue for screenshots? steams built in seems bad

_no

And I'm out of screenshots.

Except I'm not!
Fuck youuuuuuuuuu!

Christ.

You ask for screenshots, you get screenshots.

y tho

I like her cold arrow. It goes well with my decrepify.

Western devs can't into women faces even then

This was probably the ugliest I've seen the map.

Bethesda was just never that good at designing characters.

Because a lot of people don't give a shit, including me. I don't care about tinkering with settings, as long as it works fine it's good to go.

That's the gayest ugliest looking art I've ever seen. Is xe supposed to be a tranny?

The original artwork was apparently anime style, then by the time I downloaded and started playing they had redone all the artwork into that style.

Is that last one Legend of Mir?

No

Boy golly, this was a close one.

I like how when you finish the stripper clips, you need to reload the SKS one at time

What game is this? It looks like Wurm but pretty.

Here you go user:
wiwiki.wiwiland.net/?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN
No time like the present.

Fucking graviteam tactics. No matter what your graphic settings are, the performance will always be shit. Might as well take few shots like those on maximum graphics.

Gambling is a proud Dwarven pastime.