Games that will never get a sequel

Other urls found in this thread:

tsrewind.com/index.php/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
the mobile games don't count, they aren't sequels, they just copy the park theme while being devoid of what made OG great

There are hundreds of shounen rpgs out there for you to choose from.

real life

Why even live?

With Nintendo moving to a single platform Nintendo and by extension Camelot will have less games that they "need" to make, there is a slightly elevated chance that Camelot will have the freedom to give the series another chance, I wouldn't even care if the games graphics were as complex as Camelot's 3ds titles, it would just be nice to get another one.

TW101
Deus Ex
Strife
Kingpin life of Crime
Blood
Sim Golf
Transport Tycoon
Bomberman 64 style
Shadowgate 64
Chrono Trigger

Maybe C Whitehead will save you, he's already saving Sonic Team.

That game got a direct sequel and a spiritual successor series that hops consoles and companies like fucking Miang hops bitches bodies.

I only played Chrono Cross, but you could say Chrono series in general, still I wouldn't mind a proper sequel to Chrono Trigger, yeah I prefered the combat system in Chrono Trigger over the one in Chrono Cross, and the party, and the everything, the world map in Chrono Cross was really nice I guess.

Congratulations dipshit, you've gotten hundreds of useless sequels.

t. autist who never played Black

kys nostalgiafag

Square tried to clone CT with I Am Setsuna, which is not good at all. It was closer in quality to one of those clones that FuRyu shits out than a game I'd expect from Square. But then again, the only decent thing they've made in the past decade are the KH spinoffs.

I don't just want a gameplay clone, I want a proper sequel to Chrono Trigger, and I though I am Setsuna was developed by a nip indie studio and then published by square-enis. I guess their next title is being published by SE as well so they are probably a wholly owned subsidiary of SE, they sure have lots of them.

SE has made something decent in the past decade?

My dubs cover for my error.

If only it could pull a Fire Emblem and have a new game release to good sales when they are selecting new Smash characters.

Black:

"literally every FPS made in 2008+":

Haha yeah it's totally the same

You're fucking retarded, both are le cinematic garbage.

After Dark Dawn, I'm not sure I want a Golden Sun 4, nor am I sure if Camelot even wanted to have made a third game in it anyhow.

I suppose it's a bit hit or miss (and it seems to have been dual development by Square-Enix and a company called Jupiter), but people seem to like The World Ends With You. Can't comment on it myself as I haven't played it yet. Also maybe SaGa: Scarlet Grace, but I honestly haven't heard much on that as to how it is at this point either, and it's pretty much NEVER EVER tier for coming over, given how Square's treated SaGa here since the PS2 games.

The World Ends With You is a given. Best game on the DS imo
Dissidia I thought was pretty underrated.
Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance were alright.
Final Fantasy XV wasn't great but I still thought it was a step in the right direction.
The Dragon Quest games have remained consistent, though I can't comment on the MMO
The Tomb Raider games since the aquisition were pretty good, all things considered; except for Lara herself, fuck her.
I'm having fun with FFXIV too. Say what you want about the game, it's success is commendable. I can't think of any other company where the executives would allow going through all that risk just to preserve brand reputation and player loyalty. And even make the whole ordeal part of the game's fucking lore, no less. The whole thing made me regret not getting in to 1.X, if only to at least be there when the servers shut down.
I liked FFXIII-2 too.I think it got a lot of underserved shit just because it was part of the XIII trilogy

vid related
my favorite track in TWEWY

I heard GS3 was a load of shit.

Crysis

FEAR

STALKER

It had some improvements to the combat system and introduced a lot of interesting lore, but it was overall a disappointment. It really was the main quest that ruined both the gameplay and story. You're sent on what seems to be a minor fetch quest to introduce you to the new world and gameplay additions. Except the whole game is the fetch quest. It gets derailed at the end, but basically the whole plot happens because Garrett's kid is a clumsy idiot.

TimeSplitters

it'd be the easiest thing in the world right now to revive with all these retro shooters coming out, but the license is still owned by worthless ass crytek

time to split never

I know exactly how you feel user.

basically mass effect 2

tsrewind.com/index.php/en/
just wait about 5-10 years

How many more times can the federation re-clone metroids or do prequels or remakes.

There's not much for the series to do.

Nope, dumber. You are literally sent to repair a broken para-glider. Not a rescue mission or to gather information or find ancient relics. You visit all these awesome alchemy powered ancient ruins. But you're just passing through on your way to repair a fucking para-glider.

Seeing as the alternative is Nintendo "reviving" Golden Sun as a shitty cash-in reboot that ruins the series and destroys your nostalgic childhood fun forever, I don't see why you're so upset.

Isaac is a pretty decent character in SSF2 if you know how to use him.

Another gameplay video.

Why

is this actually good or just a meme game

You could find out for yourself pretty easily. The online has issues but you can have decent matches. You can play from the game's site but it's better to download the game. It's about 500MB. It requires a registered account to play online but you only really need a mail and a password.

It's a pretty sick feeling, not wanting to see a sequel to a series you love so much.

:(

I hope when OpenMW is finished some brave mod team creates a sequel to Morrowind retconning all the retconned bullshit.

Sure thing bud

Why not? DMC2 was shit, but DMC3 turned out to be one of the best games of its genre.

You;re getting like 2 or 3 different Wonder Boy games under different franchises now

Unlit Savior of Strength and Voodoo

Why can't Platinum make a Bloodrarayne

Virtua Fighter 6

Why the fuck would you want a GS4 after GS3?

Chris Sawyer's Locomotion and OpenTTD

You can't even begin to comprehend how much I know that feel.

I wish I could just remember the series as it was, before chibi Federation soldiers, milking a dead cashcow, and a Sakamoto-lead game where you literally can't move while aiming, as if Other M actually had good ideas.

Dark Dawn is only bad because of the points of no return. Easily better than the first game without them.

Same team. Spiritual sequel. Just admit that this is the next game.

Last I checked, it's only had two new games since 2009: Other M and Federation Force. Also, I don't remember Metroid outselling or even getting close to sales like main Mario games, Mario Karts, or even Zelda.

This still hurts, user.

No it didn't.

My point was that, among the Metroid franchise, the Prime series is the cashcow (with two Prime games in the top five selling Metroid games of all time, and with Prime 1 being the highest selling Metroid game of all time). And even though the actual character Metroid Prime died in Prime 3, we're still continuing to use its name as the titles of these games for some reason. That reason being the money it prints.

Not to mention that they said they would be making both 3D and 2D games back in 2014, and then aside from FF, there was nothing but dead silence about the series over the next two years, even on the series' 30th anniversary (after missing the 25th anniversary as well). And when we finally did get a teaser in 2017? Literally just the logo and a "Yeah, this is a thing we'll be making. Nowhere near done though, and we don't have even a rough estimate of a launch timeline, or anything to share about the game."

On one hand, it's a slap in the face for how overdue it is, and on the other hand, it's more Primeshit, because their one attempt at anything other than Prime in 3D was a failure, so clearly they need to go back to that formula and never try anything different ever again. Mind you, I loved the Prime games, but they've more than worn out their welcome, and canonically it doesn't even make sense because Metroid Prime is dead, and without phazon there can't be another Metroid Prime.

Just because it's so long overdue doesn't mean I'm going to lower my standards and just accept getting dicked by Nintendo. On this OR Samus Returns, which as I said, is being lead by Sakamoto for whatever insane reason, and makes you stand still to aim like in fucking Other M. Not to mention that the graphics look sub-Wii, due to the game being on a handheld and using 3D graphics because LOL PIXELS ARE IN THE PAST AMIRITE?!

Sage for off-topic rant.

I think it's a very valid rant regarding wanting sequels and then getting them overdue and with terminal AIDS

Chrono Cross takes place afterwards, continues the story and deals with the loose threads of Chrono Trigger. That sounds like a sequel to me.

Mischief Makers

DMC

No, fuck that piece of fucking dogshit. I loaded up Black on PCSX2 a few hours ago and it was as fun as I remembered it. Bodycount on the other hand is cancer.

The World Ends With You came out June 2007. Just missed the mark there buddy.

also never getting a sequel, but I'm okay with that. Does Jupiter even exist anymore?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 never ever.

All I want now is Rune Factory 5. That's it really. Other than that, I'm afraid something will turn to shit or be corrupted by modern gaming these days. Speaking of sequels I want, they STILL haven't announced a localization for Dragon Quest XI. Like holy shit SE I know you know DQ isn't as popular in the west like FF but at least bring one of your main games over.

I think that was a good rant. I was also wondering if Retro Studios would be doing the job. And even if they were, is that old team that did those games even around? I'm surprised 2 new Metroids were announced. But after Other M and FF, how could I possibly be excited? I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Has there been any (((spiritual sequel))) that is not dogcrap?

And introducing a fuckload of characters and giving most of them fuck all time to develop as a character.

I liked Axiom Verge a lot, despite hearing the dev is a bit out there.

I guess you can count Dark Souls. But it needed a ton of patches before it was even good. Original Dark Souls was harder for stupid reasons but more broken too.

Vtmb

Say what you will about those WoD games that are scheduled for the near future, but consider this:
Paradox owns White Wolf at present
First game will be werewolf: the apocalypse

I'm happy it's werewolf first so that whatever fuckups happen could at least in theory be avoided when they make a vampire game, but i'm beyond doubtful that anything good will come of these new games, especially since those damn Swedes own ww now.
Not sure how things are entirely structured, though, as i'm pretty sure paradox isn't publishing but simply owns the IP and company-itself of WW, while cyanide and some other french company are dealing with the dev and publisher work.
All in all, likely it'll be pretty weak, perhaps some shitty politicality and marxism to it as well. Then it'll be another ten or fifteen years until we get a chance at a true sequel.

There even any good spiritual successors? Something similar at least, that isn't DX?

MOTHER
FUCKING
MONSTER RANCHER

I loved these fucking games but there will never be a real sequel. Fuck those Jap only mobileshit entries, those aren't sequels, they're a knife twist in my heart, they aren't real sequels

Doesn't look any different than the single player games beyond the ability to move and if it was crap; the Japs would've rioted harder than BLM and ANTIFA combined.

It took it bleeding enough cash that it fucked other projects to become a "success".

They said it should be put out this year.
If you didn't already know, don't expect story mode until they can show it's a success.

Not exactly a bad thing; Capcom made far too much trash in recent years.

Just when you think you can expect a game to be shit; they make it even worse.

Square always takes a couple years before releasing DQ outside of Japan. I honestly don't know why you're so amped for an announcement; they're just gonna mangle the translation.

Earliest you can expect an announcement is about a year after Japanese release.

This game is going on 10 years old and has to its successors a shitty Dead Space clone and an okay animu game.

They basically made the perfect arcade TPS (or the basis for it, definitely needed some things reworked), but then proceeded to be unhappy for no good reason, threw the progress away, and now the series will probably sit unused for the next decade, barring maybe a crappy phone game or similar weak effort.

Given how hyped most people have been for the games since they were first announced, I didn't think that rant would go over nearly that well.

Retro isn't working on either title, and very few of the people who actually worked on the older Prime games are still with Retro. The only one I can think of right off is the composer, I forget his name. There are probably others, but for the most part, the old Retro is gone.

In all fairness, I don't KNOW that you have to stand still to aim, because I haven't played the game yet. However, I know that you have to hold down the L button in order to use the analog nub for aiming, the necessity of which suggests that under ordinary circumstances, the analog nub is used for movement. Obviously under this system, you wouldn't be able to do both at the same time, unlike every other 2D Metroid game to date. Plus, in every bit of gameplay footage I've seen so far, no one has ever moved while aiming the arm cannon. So MAYBE you could still use the d-pad for movement while aiming, but I get the sneaking suspicion that the d-pad will be used for something else in this game, if it's used at all (given the overall gaming industry's push to abandon d-pads and force 3D controls down our throats even in games where it doesn't make sense).

Also, even ignoring that issue, the game features killmoves that are basically just small cutscenes that require no skill and just break up the flow of gameplay, just like Other M.

Isn't this the Metroid II remake you've been waiting for?

This is Holla Forums Holla Forums; Nintendos bullshit is far more commonly known here than any other place so it's easier to expect nostalgia bait to be shit.

Luckily I've never had enough interest in Metroid to be classified as a fan.

I miss monster raising games in general.

Still got Digimon and Dragon Quest Monsters.

Why didn't S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 happened? Did something go horribly wrong with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. devs?

Jupiter seems to mainly be doing a crap ton on Picross stuff

The company dissolved and most of the employees moved to another company that made the metro series.

The next metro is going to disappoint so many people as they are going to expect stalker 2 and get super linear "open world" shoot man game.

Capcom sit on plenty of good IPs for no reason. I don't even care about a new Megaman (I think its run its course) but they have plenty of things to throw at us. Like a proper Dragon's Dogma sequel. They heard so many complaints about wanting DD to be multiplayer that they decided a MMO was the best course of action. Not realizing that DD was great for many reasons and people mainly didn't get it because they didn't even realize it existed. Not because it had no multiplayer.

Saying that, I have a hard time believing modern Capcom can make a good game. They're so adamant on rushing games and milking with DLC it's hard to believe they can do right. You would think it's hard to fuck up a Capcom VS game and yet there's MvC:I.

Thankfully, some here can look past what's presented in front of them. You had a good point about the Metroid Prime dying with Dark Samus and all Phazon being removed. So why explore it any longer or even how? The only thing I can think of is somehow the Federation started producing their own Phazon and Samus decides to stop them. Kind of what the end of Fusion was going for. Then again, they would mean they would essentially have to make their own Metroid Prime and that would probably be suicidal if not impossible.

It was a great game overlooked by many fans of the platformer genre because they wanted a 1:1 clone to Megaman.

CC follows up on the only two loose threads from CT, what happened to the old future and Schala. Of course, the answer is the same thing.

No, it's a piece of shit.

Pretty sure their reasoning is closer to wanting a MMO to milk like all the other big names with Dragons Dogma being chosen since it's seen as an Elder Scrolls knockoff.

Haven't they been coloring the Federation as bureaucratic ran scientific subject hunt group.

Best I've ever heard is that it's mediocre but that has to just be the gameplay since it looks and sounds (music) like shit.

Wouldn't that work if he made himself light enough to run faster?

I believe so. Always making Samus kill things that would absolutely murder than tenfold like any of the 4 guardians on Planet Zebes. I think only Other M and Fusion portrayed them in a negative light.

There was a Suezo trap in Deception IV: Nightmare Princess.

Other than that, Tecmo Koei hasn't acknowledged Monster Rancher for the better part of a decade

The one thing I'll give Bodycount is that it has a retardedly fast checkpoint reload time.
Shit gives Hotline Miami a run for it's money in terms of how quickly it pops you back in after a death.

I wouldn't call it CANCER but I wouldn't say it's anything even worth comparing to BLACK either.

There will never be another Paper Mario that doesn't use that retarded card system.

I firmly believe that the card system was made by someone at Nintendo who was too powerful to be told to fuck off, and too proud to admit how shitty it is.

Also, AW is kill.

Days of Ruin wasn't even bad (not amazing, but certainly not worth axing the franchise).

I rather AW stay dead so it doesn't turn into waifu shit like FE

Probably, but he would need to be light or v. light.

I thought the initial disaster made A Realm Reborn's success even more admirable.
Most companies in that situation would've simply pulled the plug or turned it into a F2P shitfest and leave it to rot.
Granted, the number of companies with the money and resources to pull off what they did is extremely small to begin with, but Yoshi-P's proposal was a pretty ballsy thing for executives to accept, especially these days.

Screw this shit. I am saving what remains, and one day the world will be filled with such joy again even if I have to learn everything from scratch and made it by myself.

Eternal Sonata was boring though. Couldn't bring myself to finish it.

IS expressed interest in another AW, but said they couldn't think of a way to implement a support system.

You could see that as sort of being the long term goal of all of the Project: Tamriel mods.

Eternal Sonata needs someone to rip its battle system and replace everything else about it. The setting, the storytelling, the characters were all garbage, but the battle system was pretty great.

I, for one, would be so hyped to get to work on the story for such a project. >got a bunch of rough ideas for Morrowind continuations revolving around the Elder Council and the Nerevarine getting tangled up in their rule (and their shenanigans) >been meaning for about half a year to get into the communities for these projects to start actually adding on to the writing for them >haven't actually gotten around to doing so

GSC actually reopened, it's just right now they're preoccupied with their Cossacks RTS games.

As other user mentioned, most of the staff left to make Metro. There was also a "STALKER 2", but it was by a bogus developer not at all related to GSC and was just someone cashing in on the license while GSC lay dormant. It ultimately got killed and the developer I think got sued.

Fuck you. That shit would've been slightly excusable if they hadn't just made it into just another WoW knockoff; so in the end there's nothing admirable about it. Shit's even got the accent plague that has been ravaging Dragon Quests localized games.

Play Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity. Its a good rom hack that takes everything about CT and surpasses it.

what about crimson echoes?

Mischief Makers
A proper Contra Sequel
A proper castlevania 2D/igavania
A proper Paper Mario
A proper advanced wars
A proper goemon 2d beat em up
Golden Sun
Megaman Legends 3
A proper Yoshi's Island holy shit FUCK THIS WOOLY WORLD GARBAGE FUCK THE NEW YOSHI'S ISLAND STOP OUTSOURCING EVEN ROMHACKERS DO A BETTER JOB
A Megaman X sequel without 3D or novelty mechanics. just like X-X3 with fast paced gameplay. Command mission 2 would be cool too
A modern Gotcha force
Viewtiful joe 3
Chrono Trigger sequel
Give me another Live a Live, or a modern remake with enhanced gameplay
another Secret of Mana, like Seiken densetsu 3 but modern.
a modern pokemon trading card game for 3ds like the game boy color ones with online matches
Another Legacy of Kain
Warcraft 4
Give me another 7th Saga like the first one, fuck Mystik Arc. we need more dark and somber turn based rpgs that don't hold your hand
Give me another Tales of made by team symphonia like Abyss/Symphonia/Vesperia. Fuck Team Destiny and fuck the new merged team.
finally, give me another Digital Devil Saga and another Raidou. fuck personafags

I wouldn't be betting against a Megaman X sequel.

That list is full of shit companies.

You will bow before your new overlords, you insignificant little pissant!!!
Sorry for your lose.

It's the same game but with more bugs due to FoE fixing some of CE bugs.

I'll properly fuck you in your proper cunt, Diana.

Diana is not for sexual

It's never going to happen unless SQENIX makes it a mobile game full of micro-transactions and they somehow shoehorn Lightning, Cloud, and Squall into it.

I want a sequel to GRAND DAD!!!!

What, like this?

I would love a Frontier version of the other RF games. Especially if they came to console and PC. Frontier was a very comfy game. Though it had some problems, I believe they know how and could polish the game up a lot.

I don't see the problem of standing and aiming, besides, how else are you supposed to free aim with a single-stick console?