Win95 Game SDK Beta

I may have run into something interesting. I can't seem to find anything about it via google, so I'm not sure if it's actually anything worthy of note. I was wondering if anyone here could tell me about pic-related besides the obvious.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.safe.moe/N6U09.rar
craig.theeislers.com/2006/02/20/directx-then-and-now-part-1/
craig.theeislers.com/2006/03/25/directx-then-and-now-part-2/
mirsoft.info/gmb/music_info.php?id_ele=MTMzNTY=
please
web.archive.org/web/20170331030454/http://please
archive.fo/COHtz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

upload an ISO
I'll check it out in a 95 VM

ALWAYS.
BET.
ON.
BAZINGA!

a.safe.moe/N6U09.rar

Pass duck

Workig on it

fug
I misremembered I have a XP VM
I'll have to make the 95 VM
brb

Shit

If you don't have video drivers then who was graphics?

CPU-tan

craig.theeislers.com/2006/02/20/directx-then-and-now-part-1/
craig.theeislers.com/2006/03/25/directx-then-and-now-part-2/

You should probably give it back to it's rightful owner user where it belongs :'^)

I have a real working Win95 machine. Not a programmer but if this thread still exists tomorrow i'll post some screens

get out

I was talking about windows error pop ups, but whatevs.
Actually there gotta be a reason why software rendering is a back up thing now, if at all available, but I'm not an engineer so I don't know.

I wonder how hard it would be to get them to run on modern windows

God help you

bumping for interest

OP return it to Microsoft for a Surface and 200 dollars of microsoft store credit.

kek

don't fucking remind me

VM user are you still there?

ayy

SciTech Display Doctor has drivers for 95, its freeware now so you can dig up a key for activation if you play on using your VM for longer than 30 days.

I work on an IBM z13. Our main application was written in 1979. If you can't recompile old source code your OS is shit. I can check-out a module from our source code control system into the test region, edit, recompile, and test both interpreted and compiled versions.

There's literally no reason why 20yo software can't be re-compiled on modern (yet backward compatible) hardware. Besides there is always the hypervisor route which others ITT have already discussed.

not again please, i can't take it anymore.

finally one of our guys finds a golden hen instead of a fucking stupid redditards. rip the thing and plaster it all over the internet

Cool find OP. However, It doesn't appear to have anything on it that the final public SDK doesn't (foxbear, immortal klowns and roids). Still a neat collector's item.

crashes as soon as i start the game

Give it back to Microsoft and you'll win a free trip to India.

Can get any of it to run correctly. I think some of the data is corrupted somehow. A few images and midi files cant be open.

What game is that?

Exactly what it looks like, apparently.
mirsoft.info/gmb/music_info.php?id_ele=MTMzNTY=
The music is all I can find with brief googlefu.

Meanwhile today, major releases don't even have multiplayer over LAN

AW YEA BOYEEEE

Half Li confirmed?

This is just some "hyper realistic blood started pouring out of my start menu" creepypasta bullshit, isn't it? You can't fool me.

You know it's all well and good to have a giggle but that's not fucking funny. My ass is still flustered by that shit.

what's the story behind that?

I think some guy found the source code for Starcraft and returned it to Blizzardwho posted about it on Reddit.

In your desperate attempt to find something to be angry about you forgot the part where Blizzard threatened legal action if he didn't comply.

What the fuck? That's the second worst possible thing to do with such a disk, straight behind just smashing it to bits.

fucking flags, i swear i've turned the damn thing off like three times now

Got to get those upboats or else you're a goobergator.

Which is why you don't link things between various accounts or put any sort of personal information online.

So have you always horded chromosomes or is this a recent hobby of yours?
Blizzard are scum and threatening to sue someone into the ground over source code for an almost 20 year old game is pathetic, the fact that retards like you would rather spin this as a "hurr look at this redditcuck" story rather than focus on Blizzard being the filthy, greedy kikes they are is infuriating.

You just sound like some faggot getting upset that people are calling redditors a pack of good goyim retards.

Blizzard being a shit company doesn't change the fact that Reddit is a horrifically shit website full of shit people.

dont fuckign remind me

What's the deal with the formula and the Cray computer?

Stupid hipsters bought an expensive piece of history for their baby Einstein to shit on

I know about the Starcraft shit and the Xbox, but what are the other things ?

please use archive.ism/265615/5-million-cray-y-mp-supercomputer-is-now-baby-furniture

wow thanks reddit whose gonna even use that cray-2 anyway lmao old computer

web.archive.org/web/20170331030454/http://please use archive.ism/265615/5-million-cray-y-mp-supercomputer-is-now-baby-furniture

i think i fixed the link

archive.fo/COHtz

fucking christ

I hope their kid grows up to be a plumber with an F150, just to spite these two XKCD-tier science-autists.

Oh, also
Good job retards, Edison is a surname not a first name.

who the fuck thought sitting on a computer would be comfortable? I be dear li'l Edison will just shit all over it

And even worse it's one of the most kiked scientists ever. If that kid is ever going to get lower than a B average his ass in going up on a crucifix.

At least it's easy enough to shorten down to just Ed.

Maybe I'm just missing something but the super computer is a very nice set piece. It's outdated (and if it was picked up at garage sale probably wasn't int he best of shape). Though you're probably right about it being uncomfortable. The chalk board using molecule arrangements for milk piss and shit is pretty cringey though.

So instead of being actual silicon valley "geniuses" and fixing up the computer so the kid can fuck around with it later they turn into furniture. I fear people are getting too stupid to mess with tech older than them and in turn we'll see more cool stuff be ruined by idiots.

How? Isn't SC2 based on WC3 engine?

I like how people cry over the Xbox dev kit while it had nothing useful on it for anything.

You have 5 minutes to apologize to the thread.

That shit happened 10 years ago. I wonder what the condition of the computer is now.

The gutting of the former super computer to turn it into what basically boils down to a seat was unfortunate yes, but what you have to understand here is that its value is no longer in the 7 digits. I've encountered my fair share of past "super computers," and they can be had for a few hundred nowadays. Even then it's too much, and the only reason they are even in the 3 digits is because of their history. Computation wise they've been superceded, and they serve no purpose. These things are big, bulky, and take up lots of valuable space. There is a reason why they are so cheap to acquire nowadays.

The gutting of the Xbox dev kit was more of a loss for the tech world than the loss of that super computer, hands down.

I can't believe these people haven't been doxed yet. Someone should shos up to them with this mask and a baseball bat.

Some things are worth more than the sum of their material parts. That Cray belongs in a museum.

I really wonder how one just happens upon the source code to a major game like that.

He got it randomly in an ebay lot.

Really ruffles my johnsons.

At least Indiana Jones' antagonists knew how valuable the items were.