/ogc/ Racing Games General - Where the fuck did our last thread go edition?

The least thread had less than 20 posts, RIP. Probably pushed off the board by all those garbage halfchan tier threads. Gonna go a bit light on the info for this thread and just link the steam club. I'd like to replace it with some racing game news to promote more discussion.
steamcommunity.com/groups/AutoGamesCoalition

Wreckfest update: archive.is/Y1epu
>Automobilista update: archive.is/dt0Lz

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/5DapZ
thirteenag.github.io/wfp#nfsu2
archive.is/fBMFM
projectcarsgame.com/the-tracks.html?lang=en
autoblog.com/2017/07/18/turn10-reveals-first-167-cars-of-forza-motorsport-7-list/
archive.is/RGqVL
operationrainfall.com/2017/07/19/sentai-filmworks-new-initial-d/
forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Forza_Garage_Week_2
youtube.com/watch?v=wknufuWFM6s
youtube.com/watch?v=kJQrjuhLzv4
archive.is/3zyzv
archive.is/c4BhX
youtube.com/watch?v=KdU6nWH_D-Y
archive.is/CLMPo
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dqNxGFhdeUoRZW9BuF98JomGQMMlFsNMkEc6xmMe5Eg/edit#gid=1626168879
pcars.oscarolim.pt/cars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit, I wish I had gotten in on that too. Console kids are hyping up P. CARS 2 a lot, probably because GT Sport looks so weak. I'm expecting decent sales.

Is it? Granted, I haven't really bothered to look at footage of it, was gonna wait for the game to be out a bit before deciding if I should buy it or not.

Is there a reason to buy rFactor 2 when I have AC and rFactor 1 (Although I don't know how to properly setup my wheel in rF1…)?

GTS has 18 tracks, less than 180 cars and no dynamic weather. Along with designed for E-sports. The beta has been really uninspiring because it's just a glossier version of 6 with no real improvements to handling and only slight aero adjustments. Car physics are still not good. It's looking like a poor man's PCARS 2. It just doesn't look good.

Speaking of PCARS2. Also some site dumped most of the cars from PCARS 2 (Probably stolen from WMD forums). Not sure when the track list will be put up as SMS are still finalizing it.

archive.is/5DapZ

so I am stuck with TDU2 to get my fix? I was this close to buy a xbox with Forza 4, but I noticed you can't play online, or even get dlc cars anymore. I just want to drive and get away from my sorrows.

How the fuck could they spend this much time developing it and have so little to show for it?

rFactor 2 is p underwhelming.

Even now with the dx11 update?

whats the racing game for toasters?

Rock'n'Roll Racing in ZNSES

I played that shit to the dead, and Top Gear too.

sorry, I had to
I never heard of that Top Gear game before and the music is really nice, reminds me that another Gremlin game, Dirty Racing on Gameboy, that had a kickass intro song
best two Deutsche Mark I ever spent on a used Gameboy cartridge

also: how do I git gud at Dirt Rally?
I only have a mechanical keyboard

grip is 12€ do you guys recomend it?

how do I rebind my controller in need for speed underground 2?

I think what happened to the last thread was spam killed it.

Two words:

For PC? Yes especially now that Da CREW got fucked by the latest DLC so you can't even be comfy in it. You could always Play Eurotrucksim 2 or Emulate a TXR game.

Whiplash or an old NFS title.

It's supposed to be a spiritual successor to a game called Rollcage and I've heard it's alright but haven't played it myself to say yay or ney.

Wouldn't know but if someone has a good idea that would also work with Prostreet? I think you can run it through a third party control input software and change the settings in that.

You can rebind them in underground so I figured underground 2 had rebindable controller controls and I just wasn't finding the setting but I guess EA is EA.

You could try thirteenag.github.io/wfp#nfsu2 and see if it works.

yes
it's most definitely fun

I was already using it.
Also the "improve gamepad support" option binds more things to the controller and shows what you can press as shortcuts to stuff but doesn't introduce controller rebinding.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8533F099FA5BC02DE7BDCF65BF6D782B70C20FFB&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt2.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=WRC.%202017.%208%2F13.%20ORLEN%2074th%20Rally%20Poland.%20%D0%9E%D0%B1%D0%B7%D0%BE%D1%80%20(Feed)%20%5BHDTVRip-AVC%20720p%2050fps%2C%20ENG%2FINT%5D

Oh gosh, someone actually saved my webm's.

Have they fixed Dirt 4 yet or are car rears still glued to the road?

I was thinking in something like forza but with mod support. Shame really. I just want to drive a Ford GT 2017

Dirt 4 is forever fucked.

[running in the 90s intensifies]

What is it with Toyotas and their all or none policy? If one Toyota has a mechanical failure, then all the other Toyotas in the same race or rally must absolutely have a mechanical failure as well

It's their first year. Hyundai was like that to for their first year. Shit was falling off left and right and failing for no real reason.

Grip is a ton of fun, the sensation of fast + the unique gimmicks of the tracks make it feel very fresh but 90's racer at the same time.

glad you're enjoying it

The hard tracks don't fuck around you have to use the brakes and learn it, this shit's great.

I've never really played that much racing. How does Dirt Rally hold up?

if you don't have a wheel, don't bother

They forgot about everything the did in the past?

they don't make them like that anymore

completely different rules, completely different teams, completely different engineers, completely different ways that things can go wrong.

So you want them to start cheating again? Because I do too. Cars with sneaky ways to slip past the rules are cool as fuck.

Damn straight they are.

Homologation is practically a dead rule and we'll never get some turbo nutter bastards again.

Not a bad list of cars for P. CARS 2.
archive.is/fBMFM

Am I the only one here with two wheel feels?

RX8 a shit

was TT even good?

I enjoyed the fuck out of that MotoGP game that came on the Xbox Live disc

THIS MEANS WAR

why

Excuse me.
Are they torching a twingo?
Why?

it's a symbol of the bourgeoisie

Bump.

Does this count?

str8 game file rip

Here is some alpha gameplay.
Looks nice so far.

What is the comfiest racing game with a ton of customization that I can play on PC? Preferably no shitty rubberbanding like NFS:MW/Underground 2

webm conversion because a 22MB .mpg is too much

how bad is it that wrc7 is looking better than dirt4?

Are you sure?

If you have Wangblows 10. Forza Horizon 3
If you don't. you won't have much luck ever since The Crew went full JUST. Maybe just get one of the Truck sims if you want comfy and don't just wanna go fast.

Do they expect to get any viewers for that shit?
I'd rather watch a real race

More importantly HOW ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY WHY DOES NOBODY CARE ANYMORE FUCK

They either were very brave or very stupid, because they had the license to the full WRC roster and they used a fucking seat ibiza as main car they even put it on the cover.

Looks good but I'm more of a short circuit guy and prefer road racing to be an option rather than the only thing in the game. Also I have a niggling feeling this game is more a promotional tool for the IoM TT rather than a in depth motorcycle racing game.

Tourist Trophy was great imo. It was basically Gran Turismo with bikes (obviously) so it was great for bike enthusiasts like me, especially since it had that obsessive Japanese mindset with obscure old bikes and stuff.

The gameplay wasn't perfect and was actually a bit weird but it was good enough.

If you have an hour free, give this documentary a watch, a bit of history and a lot of classic machinery.

What is the manga in the op? Sage for off topic

Full 60+ Tracklist for PCARS 2 announced

projectcarsgame.com/the-tracks.html?lang=en

Looks like they couldn't get the Suzuka license, even with Bandai Namco support (Suzuka is notoriously expensive and hard to license) and Interlagos might miss the day 1 build. At the same time PCARS 1 shipped with Catalunya, which was never announced as they managed to squeeze it in before deadline. I'd imagine with the QA this time there's nothing like that going on so Interlagos will probably be one of the first DLC tracks. They still have cars TBA though from what I know on WMD it's Toyota and Lamborghini they are finalising.

Yea.

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san

And it hasn't been updated in fucking forever or at least the translators haven't.

Why aren't there more original fantasy tracks in newer games? I personally prefer them over real world tracks.

Laser scanning changed the way racing games were built because they could now build in the imperfections of a track and have it feel like the real track. So there wasn't a lot of incentive to build fake tracks when you could do realism. Even Forza's Prague and Rio city tracks are based off real roads and real data. You would have to build a fantasy track ground up and build in imperfections and take account for different weather conditions. Especially since now we're getting into really complex advancements like dynamic weather creating dynamic puddles (First game to do it was PGR4 and they had real city street data). You add in now that developers can use Photogrammetry and laser scans at the same time by sending a drone around instead of a car (Which is significantly cheaper and less time consuming for the circuit). It doesn't really seem like there's much point when you can put in what the players want by sending a drone round. Saying that, T10 said they are rebuilding Maple Valley from the ground up for Forza 7 and trying to include all the features like Dynamic puddles and weather so will be interesting how they put it all together.

Nice, now the only thing left is good gameplay.

Define good gameplay.

Apparently there was a vote for the seventh car in the Assetto Corsa Ferrari DLC. As expected, everyone wanted the latest F1 car.

Full DLC list is now:
1962 250 GTO
1967 330 P4
1967 312/67
1984 288 GTO
2004 F2004
2017 812 Superfast
Ferrari SF70H

WRC 7 gameplay trailer. The main selling point they're pushing seems to be long stages, something the Dirt series usually lacks.

Bump

Isn't WRC an arcade series? Not sure how to feel about such long tracks if they're not a challenge to complete. I remember playing WRC3 and it wasn't very hard at all.

If they put in more hazardous stages, like driving next to a cliff, or doing fast twisty stages in narrow roads It'd make me interested.
I'll even look past the ps2 pre-rendered cutscene visuals.

I guess I could always wait to see how things pan out after release. I just hope the PC port will be decent, WRC3 had some annoying issues on PC and I have no idea if the future games fixed them.

Source on the op pic?

According to google reverse image search it's something called: zannen jokanbu black general san.

I just had an idea, why not take sections of scanned tracks and stitch them like some kind of Frankenstein monster and just put different scenery around the edges. I mean Burger King Ring has enough turns to recreate probably anything else.

Not to mention they only use the sounds from Rally cars and Prototype LM race cars, to try and hide the fact they're STILL using a vacuum cleaner for sound recording.

Not only has this question been answered before, it's been answered IN THIS THREAD
FUCKING SUMMER

I know I'll believe a GT on the shelves when I see it but Sony could not have picked a worse time for it. Releasing two weeks after PCARS 2 is suicide.

I believe WRC 5 and 6 were supposed to be sim but the handling model was so simplistic they might as well have been arcade. The devs did state that the handling is one thing they're trying to improve in WRC 7, so we'll see.

Dirt 4 kind of does this, actually. Many of the pieces in the stage generator were ripped straight from stages in Dirt Rally, which were scanned roads. Sage for double post.

ded thread, at least be thankful for free bumps

I have an even better idea. Why not including race tracks in their uncucked states like Hockenheim Ring, for example.
But to be honest, the only race track I really need is Nordschleife, maybe Le Mans in addition.

As far as Forza goes, I just need Fujimi Kaido. It's why I haven't cared much about missing out on Forza 5 and 6. T10 also seem to think it's only people who drift that want that track which is total bullshit. It's just fun trying to go fast on a twisted and steep mountain road.
Sadness.

I'll leave this here

Is The Crew really any better than TDU2 in terms of driving physic?

I'd say it's worse.

Ohh that's a shame :( How about TDU vs TDU2? I've read multiple times that the first one is better, is it really? For the record I have a wheel.

TDU has better physics iirc, but TDU2 has more play area including the one from first one. And The Crew is practically yuge, but you'll get familiar with most roads relatively quickly. The real problem with TDU2 is that it's trying to be The Sims but with driving, and The Crew is now simply a terrible MMO with all the grinding it throws at you.

I just want ETS, but with cars, it's a shame there isn't a lot of games like that, I guess I'll try TDU1 and hopefully I'll be able to setup the wheel to feel right.
There is a mod for TDU 1 called "Ultra Community Pack", has anyone tried it? It adds a lot of cars, but is it worth it? I'm looking at screenshots and some of the car models look really poor.

How many of you guys use a wheel? And if so, which one and with what game(s)? I use a G29 and really only play PCars. Fairly hyped about PCars 2 tbqh. F40 LM and F50 GT, amongst other Ferraris, being in the base game gives me a raging boner.

I use a G920 for various PC racing games and Forza Horizon 3

Thrustmaster TMX for Dirt games.

G27 on a lot of different games.

Gravel is looking nice. According to this dev diary, the maps are taken from crude geographical data then turned into proper maps manually. Makes me wonder how big tracks can get.

Why can they have a martini 037, and a castrol celica but dirt 4 can't.
Fucking codemasters I swear.

The Martini one is probably bcause console releases
We can't have chillunz reading alcohol brand name
I'd also like a Marlboro Evo 6

that's also in the gravel video alongside a censored 360 controller

I just wanted to drift around the corner but the nigger in the supra had to plow through me

Dakar hype?

Get rekt tofufag

get rekt back piggu

But that's a fatass Z, not the Supra
Tuna > Tofu

I kinda wish someone would make a rally/raid game with PS1-level graphics just so they could have fuckhuge stages.

They don't have to go that far in the graphical sense
Have you played TDU?
Imagine that with a world oriented to dirt racing and proper car physics

Too bad there's not an Impreza 22B in NFSU2

Imagine a rallying game where an entire rally is on one map, and after each stage you had to physically drive your car to the next stage or back to the service area.

There isn't anything limiting track size in modern computers unless developers are being retarded and loading the entire stage at once.

das it

I was thinking more along the lines of it helping file size, not rendering.

Oh yeah I forgot to say you riced your suspension too much unless you intended to do that so it's easier to drift. One way or the other your gearings are too tall aswell, 320kmh~ top speed is a good spot to be and you'll normally reach it in the end of long straights

Don't tell me how to live my life.

Archive.is is being retarded right now so no archive, but about 160 cars for Forza 7 have been revealed.

autoblog.com/2017/07/18/turn10-reveals-first-167-cars-of-forza-motorsport-7-list/

Screenshot with the Porsche 918 also confirms Watkins Glen will return with the new repave as well

Archive is finally working, here you go.
archive.is/RGqVL

I always miss things like that. I hope the track list will be decent, the number one thing that kills racing games for me is a small list of tracks/locations.

Where is the Volvo 240?
Still not worth the over 100GB space requirement.

Or having a modern console/windows 10

I played Initial D Arcade Stage 8 for the first time recently, and I was really put off by what I got.

This was the first Initial D game I've ever played, and it being an arcade title by Sega led me to expect some challenging arcade racer like Daytona USA. Instead what I got was a game where as long as I turned the wheel the right way, I would be put 'round the corner. It was like bowling with bumpers. I even braked and turned especially late in one hairpin and when my car should have hit the wall, it just magically kept itself a foot away from the wall and went around the corner.
Does anyone have any experience with this game? Are the physics in an "easy mode" for the first few story missions?
I was expecting a game I would have to spend a lot of time learning, like dayotna or daytona 2.

Turn 10 has been saying "Over 30" since E3 but a couple of people with knowledge say 38 at launch and more post launch. But not sure if they are doing expansions since NASCAR and Porsche are in at launch. FM6 had 26 locations after the expansions as well so it had a decent amount (Virginia Intl and Homestead Miami) but so far they have announced or shown pictures of

Suzuka
Mugello
Watkins Glen
Indianapolis
Nurburgrung (GP and Nordschilfe)
Brands Hatch
LeMans (Sarthe and Bugatti)
Sebring
Dubai
Maple Valley

Plenty more to go. The only one they explicitly said that would not be in the game is Fujimi Kaido but I think everyone knows at this point that Horizon 4 will be set in Japan so it's kinda redundant.

There's still like 600 cars to go, you never know.

38 locations is pretty good, but I'm still going to cry until I see Fujimi Kaido back in a Forza game.

Speaking of lost original tracks
SSR11 Never Ever

Where were you when you realized PCars is still the best looking racing game out there? Taken from my Plebstation 4®.

Does anyone here know if the rallycross in Automobilisita is any good? I was disappointing with Dirt 4, and I heard they added hockenheim which is probably my favourite circuit in the WRX.

*disappointed with Dirt 4.

There is going to be a new Initial D movie.
operationrainfall.com/2017/07/19/sentai-filmworks-new-initial-d/

wut?

They'll just fuck it up again. The legend series was horrible and they removed all Eurobeat.

Initial D Arcade Stage always had fucking weird ass physics and some cars are better on different courses, especially the "home car" advantage.

Like in Arcade Stage 2, the Integra was fucking over powered and ended up being good on all stages.

The game was infuriating, cause you had to learn certain shifting techniques and weird steering techniques to be fast around the track.

Shit game, PGR4 confirmed for best racing game of all time.

James pls go.

Why would I do that instead of just playing an actual rallying game?

Holy shit sega

After daytona 3 I'm not getting my hopes up.

If they want to be lazy and just give Daytona 1 a new coat of paint without even upgrading the damage or crashing animations or nothing, FINE.
But WHY did they have to replace the H-Shifter with a sequential shifter? That's fucked.

What does this have to do with what I said? When I played arcade stage 8, I found a game that would just magically put me around every corner. But you describe it as a challenging game with advanced techniques.
Am I misunderstanding the game? If so, how? When the game just carries me through the corners, is that because of something I'm choosing or doing?

Outside of Assetto Corsa though nothing is going to be as gratifying as doing it in PCars since it's actually semi hard to do in that game. And, Only AC has as satisfying FFB as PCars.

What? Why? The game didn't even have neutral or reverse gears.

At least it doesn't have paddle shifters.

Bump.

Odd to see all these games getting Porsche now that it's no longer in the hands of the worst publisher.

No more having to settle for RUF's. Really glad EA lost their exclusivity, every game they produce is total trash, and their racing games don't even work with wheel and pedal setups. It blows my fucking mind that people actually waste their money on that shit.

This is weird but hear me out. Daytona 1 is one of the highest grossing games ever made. It still makes incredible amounts of money for Sega. When they lost the licence they briefly tested machines that removed the Daytona branding because the biggest part of their arcade business is repairing Daytona USA machines till they renegotiated the license with Daytona Speedway. The problem is Model 2 boards are starting to approach EOL and its too expensive to keep making replacement parts. It's now cheaper for Sega to manufacture a new game and cabinet and operators to either buy the new cabinets or send their old ones to Sega to refurbish. Plus the game is still super popular in low income regions so they have to lowball the specs a lot. A straight remake on an old board with some fancier graphics is the financially sound decision. Like it or not

Porsche Group signed an exclusive way back in 1999 before the VW buyout that EA would be the executor of the license. VW was pissed about it for years because EA charged extortionate rates for a co-licence unless the other publisher gave them something in return (MS had the Ferrari exclusive and created a share deal before MS dropped the Ferrari deal because "It hurt other games on our platform") and since the gates opened up they licecenced to everyone and signed a co-branding deal with MS.

It's an arcade racer.
you shift down to 1st to drift., which is the fastest way around most corners.

You want to quickly shift from 4th to 1st and back to 4th to drift.

Just, why did you say anything if you haven't even played the Daytona console port tutorial? Stop reminding me how few people here even know how to play Daytona

The H pattern makes even more sense for that

So, how about that nascar?

Let's see if it's gonna be even worse than the last one.

That's made by Monster games right? I know they did Dirt to Daytona (which the NASCAUTISTS hold in high regard but couldn't get into personally) and Test Drive: Eve of Destruction (which I hold as the reason no new real Demo Derby games get made as to how close to perfection it was.)

Really I just wanted to talk about Eve of Destructionalso Bump

Paddles are factually better than shifters

I fucked up and thought you were defending the sequential shifter.

Week 2 of Forza 7 cars. Focused on pre-70's cars. 1950 Alfa 158 sounds insane.

Also screenshot they put up seems to be a sneaky confirm of Circuit Of The Americas with rain coming in.

forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Forza_Garage_Week_2
It's already a pretty solid list, I wonder if they're gonna save most of the cars that are new to the series for the end of the reveals.

SOON

is it possible to pirate forza games on a pc?

Not that I've heard of. Maybe if you're using Windows 10 because of UWP.

No way to pirate it, and you need W10 to play it.

New F1 2017 trailer. Turns out you can race any time of day at all tracks now, including Monaco at Night and any circuit with night time lighting will operate using it for night races.

I Jew N posted a look at the Gran Turismo Sport "Career" mode, It's basically just enhanced "Lesson" mode with shit like "Knock the cones over" or "Learn the brake points of a track". It's basically confirmed to be an online only game with barebones campaign and Arcade mode

Also the final location list is confirmed

Raceways

Kyoto Motorsport Park
Tokyo Expressway
BB Raceway
Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Northern Isle Raceway
Tokyo Expressway
Autodrome Lago Maggiore
Dragon Trail Raceway
Suzuka
Brands Hatch
Willow Springs
Nurburgring (Nordschlife and GP)
Bathurst Mount Panorama

Rally/Dirt

Alsace
Fishermans Ranch
Sardegna
Colorado Springs

17 in all

Did they reenact Palmers Spa crash last year?

Went on vacation and I couldn't escape the memes.

need for speed underhonk

Bump. Spa soon.

Is there a good more modern arcade racer like NFSU2 where I can rice out my car like a faggot? I remember the last NFS I liked was the original Most Wanted, but I didn't like it as much as Underground 2.

How have you prepared for Spa 24 hours /ogc/?

I've got some alcohol, but tomorrow I'll go get some nuts and more alcohol. Here are couple of streams. There's a whole bunch of onboard and garage streams but those will eventually pop up tomorrow as individual teams get their shit together. Too bad about Good Smile Racing. Their car apparently got wrecked so they had to roll out with a partially done decal job. They'll probably get it sorted out over the night though.

NISMO TV: youtube.com/watch?v=wknufuWFM6s
GTWorld: youtube.com/watch?v=kJQrjuhLzv4

You can rice pretty much in NFS Carbon.

GTA 5

but you're right in a sea of shit it's still shit but it's the least shit and they at least have a bunch of body parts to choose from on some cars

This game is going to crash and burn.

Even GT Planet, which defended the absolute hell out of GT5 when it was a disaster is turning against the game en masse and saying they are going to PCARS2 because Polyphony repeatedly lied about career mode and the amount of content. It's all focused online and it's just iRacing lite there as well.

Unsurprisingly, the only defense force left is at Neofag.

As far as I'm aware they've always stated the game would be very different with the traditional career mode not even being in the game. Hence it not being a numbered entry in the series either. I can understand if people want their good old Gran Turismo, but people still expecting this to be like the older titles have not been paying attention. At all.

I never frequent the OGC threads, or whatever they're called, but does anyone mind explaining why the Twingo is such a meme? Is it hated? Liked?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's loved for it's happy face.
I like the new one because Renault grew balls and made it mid engined.

SPA SOON FELLOW DRIVERS.

It's like one of those slightly retarded or adhd dogs. You know they're goddamn dumb as shit but they're so cheerful you can't exactly hate them either.

The countdown has begun

Pre-show has begun.

Oh right, the fucking stream-link. Sage for doublepost.

Rooting for the thicc Bentleys
N 7 is beautiful

Bentleys are probably the coolest looking cars in GT racing.

wew

This is so stupidly comfy looking.

Shit just got real

I've been gone from imageboards for a long time, /ogc/. Has there been anything noteworthy happening in the past 6 months?

I think a lot of us want an ETS/ATS game but with normal cars. Just being able to drive around a huge comfy map would be great.

For most everything on PC I use my G920, but I'm also an idort so I have a T150 for muh piss4. PCars (in VR, runs okay), OutRun 2006, used to emulate Ridge Racer a lot. Speaking of emulating Ridge Racer, PCSX2 supports the NeGCon now, so RRV can have wheel support through emulation like Rage Racer and Type 4 did.

Which wheel do you like more, your G920 or your T150?

Nope. Well maybe Dirt Rally being good. Also Forza Horizon 3 going full turbo nutter bastard with a Hotwheels DLC. Other then that all quiet on the home front.

The G920 feels better in my hand, with the metal wheel and hand stitched leather. But unless you get it for a comparable price (I paid $250 or so for mine), the T150 is a much better deal if all you need is a FFB wheel, especially if you can get it on sale like I did ($150). The forces seem to be appropriately strong and accurate on both, but I'm not a pro driver so you can take that with a grain of salt if you'd like. Personally, I prefer the G920 with Logitech's current profiling software despite the currently lesser amount of fine tuning you get rather than the T150 or the older G25/G27, but having profiles for binding keys and tuning wheel resistance per game is a nice feature. Helped me bind some buttons better for ETS2, got the Dpad working in PCSX-R, and it comes with 3 pedals instead of two so that I can just buy a stick shifter and be set for manual driving rather than needing to buy an extra set of pedals plus an expensive stick shifter for the T150.

I will say, having the T150 is nice because I just bought a T.Flight HOTAS 4 which shares the same pedal connector as the race wheels so I have toe brakes on my cheap ass HOTAS now.

Huh, I guess everyone stopped caring about Drift Stage? I just checked up and apparently it's going to finally release to the public soon, and includes netplay. If it supports wheels and doesn't have shit physics, it might be good.

Bump.

As far as something noteworthy goes, Codemasters somehow managed to fuck up Dirt 4's physics despite having Dirt Rally as a base.

Almost forgot this. This is the third fictional vehicle added to the Forza series. First the shitty Fallout car, then the Warthog, and now the luxury car from FFXV.

What was wrong about the Fallout car, apart from being associated with Fo4. Which yeah is pretty bad. I mean worse comes to worse just pretend it's a ford Nucleon or Firebird II.

But I wonder if they'll ever include the Yamasa Raggio?

I didn't drive it much since I don't own an xbone, but when I did try it out it drove like complete garbage. Basically a useless car for any race.

As for your second question, NEVER EVER.

Pleb

How though? That's impressive, honestly. To be so bad you fuck up a perfectly good engine.

I saw that. If I owned FH3 in some capacity, I'd be cool with free DLC. But no Windows 10 and fuck buying an Xbone.

M8 it already has the Reliant Robin, we don't need anymore shit cars.

We always need more shit cars in racing vidya. Also the Fallout car was only in Forza 6 while the Robin was in Horizon 3.

I want there to be more 80's sedean coupes.

It's because instead of just improving on the Dirt Rally handling, they decided to completely rebuild the entire model for Dirt 4. The newer model is actually much more complex and accounts for a lot more things than the DR one; the problem was that of all the drivers they could have gotten for guidance on setting it up they went with Kris Meeke, and they only had him for a day or two on top of that. They were able to spend a lot more time with Petter Solberg for the rallycross section of the game, which is why the WRX supercars actually feel nice to drive. As for the result of them fucking up, the tl;dr is that all cars handle like they're FWD and they have way too much grip on dirt.

The Chryslus is a silly gimmick car. The one thing T10 did though was actually scan the replica model Bethesda had and designed it around the specs from the game so it handled like the Fallout 4 lore dictated. It was still shit but it was a fun experiment. The Warthog in FH3 is a real car though as they used the two Warthogs MS owns that were designed by WETA workshop. The Warthog is also OP as fuck in FH3 even in stock config. The Regalia is probably the first one where there's no real car to scan so I'd be interested to see how Playground and T10 built that.

Oh fuck.

archive.is/3zyzv

Oh sweet jesus yes. I hope it releases on PC instead of console only.

While it'd be nice to get a new Midnight club I'm hesitant. First off, why the fuck would there be two shitty screen shots on an Xbox site?
And second, this is Nu-Rockstar doing this. It's gonna be fucked up in someway to jew idiots out of money.

archive.is/c4BhX

Forza 7 Week 3 is JDM and a bunch of JP classics. Bodykits are returning from Horizon 3 as well. For some weird reason, Toyota wouldn't license their production models but their race models will be in the game. Toyota's been acting funny lately with licensing because they have no problem with anything TRD but production cars are being removed (The FR-86 was PCARS 1 DLC but it's been removed in PCARS 2). Double weird because their works team in WRC are sponsored by Microsoft as well. Apparently their production models are not going to be in NFS Payback and The Crew 2 as well. Going to be fucking weird without the AE-86 appearing in any major series since that's a staple now.

They should get the S12 from Nissan, I'm sure the casuals wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

Does anyone have a reason for this? I remember agesEarly-Mid 00's ago Honda threw a nut with anything relating to street racing.

I'm okay with this. I know I shouldn't be, but fuck it.

You're hired. Now if only Nissan wold actually do such a thing…

I mean, it would give one of their mid-80s models some exposure. It might just be me but I rarely ever see any mid-80s Nissans/Datsuns.

Because they don't want to be seen as anything other than family friendly, just look at stuff like the Integra or the NSX.

I know Toyota are expensive to deal with and had a lot of demands like their latest race cars had to be featured alongside production or classic race cars. Codemasters said they wanted to have Toyota in DIRT Rally and 4 after they had been in the first three DIRT games. But Toyota were charging insane amounts for the Celica and Corolla WRC and the reason Codies got the classics originally was because they were featuring the likes of the Scion Tc and Toyota. It was even weirder when Toyota had a brand new WRC Team in and they were still charging insane amounts.

GT Sport only has post-2015 Toyota Production models as well. So whoever at the licensing department is insane or being instructed to push TRD like crazy. They still have that deal with NASCAR Heat where all Toyota paint schemes and Toyota related DLC (Like spotters) will be free while Ford and Chevy will be paid content. Fucking weird.

Anyone here still play The Crew and have the Wild Run dlc? I got a few freedrive challenge codes I wanna share if anyone's interested and if you guys have your own to share that'd be cool too.

I fucked around a bit with a 500R in GT4

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:AD3F542E7EFD9AE1D782CEDB9A05D5009AB1F53C&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt3.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=WRC.%202017.%209%2F13.%20Neste%20Rally%20Finland.%20%D0%9E%D0%B1%D0%B7%D0%BE%D1%80%20(Feed%2C%20TV2%20Sportskanalen%20HD%2C%20Sport1%2B%20HD)%20%5BHDTVRip-AVC%20720p%2050fps%2C%20ENG%2FFRA%2FFIN%2FINT%5D

i hate motion blur so much. sign of laziness in photography and vidya.

Despite toyota's retardation, it's still a pretty nice list. Only thing that's concerning me is the low number of cars new to Forza.

Bumping

Supposedly there's a statement coming soon, but apparently a few devs have said it as well that Toyota's not licencing production models. There is now only going to be one Toyota in NFS Payback and The Crew 2. The GT-86. Previous games had the Supra and the AE86 in the 2015 NFS. PCARS 2 will now have the GT-86 production model, but not the Scion FRS. No idea what the fuck is up with Toyota. Supposedly whatever statement T10 or Toyota is making will make it clear as well. Probably some retarded marketing push for TRD.

Though for the new to Forza cars. Supposedly they are going to be more in the last few weeks. There's around 530-550 if you add in the new ones added for Horizon 3 so there's tons to get through first before anything drastically new.

What are some good racing games that can run on laptop integrated graphics?
excluding the usual NFS, flatout, colin mcrae rally, preferably native not emulated.

Oh that's easy–
What did Ridge Racer ever do you, m8?

I think rFactor is low enough to run at 720p on modern integrated graphics. Maybe OutRun 2006. Not really sure about anything else that you might have already tried.

Apparently this guy was able to get Dirt Rally to run on an HD4000.

Grand Prix Legends

Can you use a G29 with that game. It'd probably just be recognized as one of the previous gen logitech wheels, so surely it would work.

Race Driver GRID, disable the ugly postprocessing tough

I don't know, probably, I used my G25 with it until it died
Now I'm stuck using gamepads

I reached level 60 just recently actually.
Also maxed out a bunch of vehicles in the new level cap, discovered the impala can do drag car-tier engine power/torque and also discovered engine power/torque is just a number and completely unrelated to actual engine power in that game.

I've been lapping around in a Longtail all day and I think it may be my new favorite car to play with in game.

Can I run DiRT Rally with an GT 525M?

also can anons suggest me comfy rally games?

A 525M would be a mid range gpu in 2005 if it's memory wasn't so much better than ddr1-era memory.
I don't see dirt rally running on a 2005 gpu and I don't see it running on a gt 525m.

Dirt Rally is really well optimized but laptop hardware that old is just too weak.

I will shill Mobil 1 Rally Championship to the day I die.
It will probably run fine on your laptop, Screamer/Screamer 2 are also solid choices, Network Q RAC rally, the Colin Mcrae games are all good picks.

Roads are looking comfy af thanks user! I am open for other suggestions.

I am looking for rainy or forest roads with rally cars with good handling.

Well user that's what you get for falling for the compact jew.

He could just be a poorfag like me and computer wise he is stuck using a laptop his mom bought him from Sam's Club like 5 years ago.

Indeed I am a poorfag and this laptop was bought by mom about 5 years ago.

I used to be in a similar situation but the laptop was bought and given to me by my brother and he just stole it back one day.

Does anyone know if the W10 demo for Forza Horizon 3 has that optimization update that the game supposedly got (unless I'm mis-remembering things?)

I have the game on >Xbone, and I'm thinking of waiting for a sale on digital and transferring over to PC. Ah well, even if the game wasn't actually optimized to hit 60FPS on a decent rig, at least it seems to run just as well as it does on my Xbone, with better visuals.

They should have added that update to the demo, at least I remember them talking about it during the time that the update came out.

Dang. Well, at least it runs at max settings 1080p/30FPS, which is still better than on my Xbone. I'll have to keep an eye out for deals then.

What are your specs?

i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz, R9 290 4GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM.

Fuji speedway race starting. Live stream here.

there's a ringedge emulator and stage 6 seems to be running pretty well on it

i've never played stage 8 but extreme stage isn't like that

No toyoter = no buy

Seriously though I am so sick of all all the incompetence in game development these days. Especially racing games. Two companies worth billions can't work out a deal to include a few virtual cars in a game? It just rubs me the wrong way and makes me not want to have anything to do with it all. I was hopeful for a jzx100 and aw11 but now I won't even see and 2jz in the game. Fuck it all. I'm just gonna save up my money and buy real cars instead of pretending in a shitty vidya gaem.

See you fags on the real streets…

Someone on WMD posted what a PCARS 2 staffer said about it at their last press day at the burgerking. Turns out it's Toyota's decision. Toyota don't want to feature old cars that can be modified any more because they think the old cars are taking away from the new models they want to push and the only model that would currently appeal to the market that plays vidya is the GT-86. So they are allowing some games to feature it if they already licensed it. Race models are fine no matter the age. PCARS 2 was able to get the 1999 GT-One in. But it's all on Toyota.

They could fix this by making cars that appeal to people, but that's asking too much apparently.

Can not one person explain to them the situation and the consequences making making that decision? I blame these game devs just as much as Toyota for not putting in more effort. Turn10 basically gave off the impression that it's just not happening and it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone. Toyota should understand this is the kind of thing that will drive people away from buying from them, the opposite of what they are trying to say with this.

Dude, this underprivileged freak is frontin' with that hooptie. Maybe I'll just drag him around a bit then destroy his ride.

They've got that new Supra coming out that they co-developed with BMW, but yea, Toyota is pretty dead from a performance street car standpoint anymore.

I'm really upset at the lack of Subies in PCARS 2 more than anything else, but I'm ultra hyped at their Ferrari selection, especially the F50 GT and F40 LM. F40LM is my bae.

They fixed this.

youtube.com/watch?v=KdU6nWH_D-Y

>>>/pone/

Is this bait?

Are you a horsefucker?
The answer to both questions is the same.

Do you even live your life a quarter mile at a time, bro?

YOU GET A PORSCHE

AND YOU GET A PORSCHE

EVERYBODY GETS A PORSCHE

archive.is/CLMPo

what are we playing now faggots?

Nothing, cause there is nothing. The latest games are Dirt4 which fails to build off Rally apparently. And Forza Horizon 3 and it's super sick Hotwheels DLC is relegated to a spybot.

thanks for giving me something to hook my shilling on

next sunday you can join a fun spa 2.4 hour race with 2004 GT cars in rfactor. game is 100 mb if you get the lite edition from the doc (without the mod), requires no cd key or anything, runs on pretty much everything, and despite being on the sim side of the spectrum works on pads and keyboards just fine

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dqNxGFhdeUoRZW9BuF98JomGQMMlFsNMkEc6xmMe5Eg/edit#gid=1626168879

Bump.

I haven't raced with a keyboard since I was 12. Playing NFS 3 and Test Drive 6 was annoying enough, I can't imagine playing a simulator with such "on/off" controls.

I did it boys. I'm finally ascending from gamepad pleb to the ranks of wheel-pleb. Bought a G29 today.

So I'm playing the first flatout and if I turn too hard my car stops accelerating.
Is this normal?

Congrats, it's a total game changer.

Eyyy, that's a good wheel. You can pick up the shifter for relatively cheap too, if you want to simulate stick. It'll also feel great in your hands. That leather wrapped metal feels better than my shitbox's actual wheel sometimes.

Hahaha yeah I have a feeling the wheel is going to feel better than my Camry wheel. I'm planning on getting the shifter soon as well for muh drifting. I've been playing so much American Truck Simulator, Dirt Rally, and CarX Drift lately that I realized I ought to just join the big boys.

What should I get after I get bored of those? I was thinking F1, but if something like Project Cars or Assetto Corsa has F1 and then other stuff then I might get more out of it.

PCars is a good time, it really helps to have a wheel. I've mostly stuck to karting because I'm a huge wimp and I can't into track racing. rFactor 1 is a good time for hotlapping and mods, from what I've been told. I don't know where to get mods or how to install them, I just know that once it's all set up, it really does feel nice though the graphics are obviously dated.

The real magic, aside from modern sims/simcade, is going back to the heyday of arcade racers: Rage Racer and Ridger Racer Type 4 on PSX and Ridge Racer V on PS2 all support the NeGCon which should be able to be bound to your wheel appropriately in emulators. OutRun 2006 has a PC port with FFB mods and a resolution hack to make it work properly on 1080p, and man is that game fun for just comfy drivan at 100MPH. You can also get MAME set up and play some old arcade only titles that used wheels, like the original Ridge Racer or Dirt Dash. I haven't tried it with any other Sega racing game, but I also don't have a good place to mount my wheel now. It's been unused for some time.

Oh man ya playing those arcade games will be great. Thanks for the recs!

PCars is legit good and was made with the G29 in mind, but it takes A LOT of fiddling with the FFB to get it to feel right. I use pic related as my base FFB settings. And then for every individual car's FFB settings I use these settings, pcars.oscarolim.pt/cars , and switch the configuration setting on that page to Fy+SopLateral. You'll feel everything from front tire scrub, when the rear wheels lose grip, to which side of the car the weight is transferring to under heavy braking. It does have F1 cars, but they're called Formula A instead, it also has a pretty decent GT3 selection and some of those are probably my favorite cars to run laps with in the entire game.

Assetto Corsa supposedly has some of the best physics in the sim genre, most people would recommend it over PCars just from a driving standpoint. But PCars has the better career mode, if that's something you care about.

I'd have to say that PCars is the best looking racing sim/game out right now. I run with the HUD fully off, and no racing lines or anything on the track and sometimes I honestly forget I'm playing a game, it can be that good with a wheel.

That's the shit I do like

I honestly don't keep a HUD on in linear racing games, they only get in the way. Unfortunately I usually have to keep the map open for open world games. Speaking of open world racing games, the FFXV car is not too bad but it seems you can't convert it to RWD, I'm glad it was free.

Also anyone who uses a racing line assist is a causal of the highest order.

I should clarify that I do flash through my hud real quickly every now and then to check my fuel level during a long race when I don't want to get distracted and crash by trying to find it on my race car's LCD screen along with a million other numbers, or to check my tire levels if things start feeling slippery.

I really wish we had Forza on PS4, if I had to choose only 1 single game to be brought over to the PlayStation it would undoubtedly be Forza. So many good memories of playing it at my friend's place back in the day.

You mean grid 1.
I wish more games had your team talking to you over the radio. It always makes my dick twitch a little.

You have 6, soon 7 F1 games to do that. Plus Grid Autosport. And IIRC GA and 2015/201^ let you ask questions.

I would wait and see if Project Cars 2 is worth getting.

I was thinking about that.. But wasn't PCars pretty busted on release?

For real. Even on arcadey shit like the Crew I'm cockpit/no-hud. When I see someone using third person and racing lines and all assists I think much less of them immediately.

It still is.

Maaaaaan why does it have to be so hard to get a good sim that's pretty and functional

It's not. That's just some guy either parroting other people without actually having played the game, or a gamepad pleb who tried playing it without a wheel. I can guarantee you that you will not be disappointed with PCars, especially considering you're using a pretty decent wheel.

Yeh. From what I've seen in videos the AI looks pretty fucking reckless, but aside from that, I think it'll have what I'm looking for. I've been gaming on a potato for years, and now that I've got a beastly rig I want some eye candy haha.

What are some non shit racing games that let me race a convertible or a topless car?

Yea, AI is admittedly kind of an asshole. I still run career mode from time to time since it is pretty decent and has a good variety, but I usually just either race by myself and do endless hot laps around the ring, or race online against other humans anymore. Although there are always going to be plenty of shitters online that like to ruin other people's races by ramming into you.

Hot pursuit 2 had a bunch of convertible cars

I decided to upload a video for proof that the game isn't busted at all. This was my first race of the day so it was kinda sloppy in a few places, but the physics and everything else are on point in this game. It can be hard or even impossible to drift in this game, but if you're just trying to race around a track like a normal driver it's pretty perfect.

yeah it's a lot to ask for AI OR people to be professionals. I think I can manage dealing with asshole AI.

Yep, looks pretty fun to me. Sounds design and fizzix and graphics all look serviceable as fuck. Have you ever really looked at that shift animation though?.. .. That's BetterThanNothing/10 if I've ever seen it haha.

I forget if it was arsta costa (sp) or project cars where tyres didn't function normally at all and rubber bumpers off the brim before you go in to walls/draps it like a brick wall and threw you across the lane. One of the two games was really bad, maybe both.

You're thinking of Astro Cuervo

It's a sequential so instead of putting it in and out of gears you just hit the stick back and forth.

I'm familiar with a sequential shifter… but this one must have a 3mm throw because it appears usually that the driver just gingerly grips the knob for a second and then releases- almost as if he was about to give a very satisfying handjob and then changed his mind

It's Assetto Corsa
I forget but one of the two games had awful object physics and the tires were like oil.

Nah nah nah. I'm tellin you man. You're thinking of Aleppo Castro

Sounds an awful lot like Project Cars.

You were just saying how you preferred PC over AC simply because of the career, but now the AI is bad enough to put you off from playing it most of the time? Great fucking game.

AC's career mode is total garbage. It doesn't even use a point system, you either get a podium position or you fail, it's fucking retarded. PC uses a normal point system and changes up the monotony of being stuck racing 1 car for an entire season with special invitational events. It's 1 million times better than AC's and probably the best in any sim. The AI can be a headache though, but that headache is avoided by trying to pass on straights only, or just stay in the lead the entire time so you don't have to fuck with them. Your reading comprehension is terrible and you should probably look into killing yourself.

Is it worth getting Project Cars now or just waiting for the second? How about pirating it? There's a fitgirl repack from a month ago.

Might as well pirate it if you can. PCars 2 is the better bet IMO if you don't pirate a copy or can't find the first one on a good sale. I'm mainly just saying wait for 2 because of the addition of Ferrari's and rally cross racing. If you don't care about those things then might as well just go for 1.

Half the fun of racing for me is fighting in the corners and just edging out the other guy. No thanks.

Was Gran Turismo 3 good, or does it suffer from the first GT on the console sorta thing like GT1 and GT5?

Will the rally cross be better than Dirt's? I have all six of them through some sorta luck.

I thought GT3 was good, but I think GT4 overshadows it significantly.

Also we hit the bump limit, see ya'll next thread.

I doubt it will be better than Dirt's. But who knows,

I never said AC's career was good, now did I? Besides, if you want to play a racing game with a good career, play Grid.

New thread