How does Quake manage to have worse netcode than Overwatch?

How does Quake manage to have worse netcode than Overwatch?

I hope that's just the animation that's lagging. Fucking Christ.

Because it's a decade old, you mong.

It's an intentionally shitty game that is only made to rake in some low effort shekels and keep Axti-Blizz's monopoly afloat. You honestly think these companies actually compete?

Get out.

It's from the 90's…

But he's right. :^)

Is this some new hyper-bait I just haven't seen yet?

I'm going to hazard a guess
On a related note, remember when netcodes used to not be so bloated and you could play decently with dialup?
Remember when dialup only sucked for like, downloading shit?

This. The bullshit that gets sent through the net now is mind boggling stupid. Telemetric for blizzard games for example, opens up a good 30+ ports and fuck if you know what its actually sending. Why do you need so many ports open just to play their games?

But dude don't you know?
You need the EXACT data for how rotated those medkits are!
And where EVERY projectile is at ever given time and what rotation they are at, how fast they are going and how long they have been in the air!
It's not something the Client can do!

Your bait is shit.

That isn't even the start of the problems with the netcode though. I almost always have the lowest ping of anyone in my server with maybe 30 sometimes 50. Sometimes with the rail I will completely miss and get hits or shoot with someone standing still in the middle of their chest and wiff. Targets move way slower in QC than in OW but I maybe have one questionable shot every few games on widow while I have to scratch my head half of the time I pull out the rail. Say what you will about OW but at least blizzard can make hitscan feel reasonable.

it literally plays the same animation twice. the delay is no the problem

nice try humble overwatch merchant

The real question is: is this shit going to be shilled as hard as NuDoom was?

Also,
WHAT?
Quake 3 had what seemed to be the best netcode of all time, since it was playable on any connection, even when playing through a Dreamcast on dialup to PC servers.

Carmack and Zoid no longer work for franchise.

are you me?

what's the latency between the two players

it would be the sum of the latency between each individual and the server

Dubs thread?

The joke is that Overtodd isn't actually Quake. At least I hope that's what they mean.

somehow I doubt it

What Quake?

Don't you call that fucking abomination Quake.
Christ almighty I'm going to be reminded of that when talking about Quake C now.

What's wrong, don't you want to see what zenimax has in store for a classic such as Quake? Have they not earned your trust with Wolfenstein?
Why, if you're lucky Quake will get the same treatment as Fallout did.
Let's face it, it was high time for Quake to be elevated to modern standards.

don't fall for it

it's not bait when it reads like a Todd quote

No

Look at me- I'm the face of Quake now

Should have made it a toddpost then

It's only visual. But the netcode is stil shit.

20:13 for the exact scene

Fellow oldfag checking in. Can confirm, this greentext is legit.