Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

"I think the spam finally stopped" Edition

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/a7pawk
dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I fucking love Helios armor. It's so nice looking. It's a shame that there are so many elder dragons that have such great looking armor, but they're such a huge pain to fight or highly time consuming, and the armor's skills usually aren't worth the amount of effort. For stuff like Ceadeus, Jhen, Dah'ren, and Lao, there are usually better armors that are easier to get, but they all look so nice.

True. My favorite was Ukanlos X (G rank) in 4U, though he wasn't an elder dragon.

Playing FU; just beat the village Azure Rathalos quest. I couldn't get my flashbombs to work but I just googled it and I've found nothing saying that Azure Rath is immune, what's the deal? Other than that it was a pretty fun fight; basically a more aggressive rathalos that doesn't spend 90% of the fight flapping about like a twat, I enjoyed it a lot more than the stock Rath.

MHW is the only decent looking game out of these.

My fav armor was the star knight event armor with SnS along with the desert seltas queen armor with CB.

They both game me skills that were compatible with the weapons i used along side them which turned me into a demigod on every hunt.

Were you throwing them at his ass or something Flash bombs work great on the Raths. Especially Azure since the main point of it is grounding flying monsters.

XX localization when

Never

Why would you want a censored and possibly toned down version of it? Just grab the actual game.

MonHun has never been censored just memed slightly and it's easily ignored because who the fuck reads the text in those games.

This, I wouldn't give a fuck if it was censored/memed, I want it for the multiplayer.

They've taken text and written the exact opposite of what it actually said for the sake of pushing their own opinions and points of view. Even if it doesn't match the textbook definition of censorship, it's certainly not a translation.

That'd be even more reason to not want a localization.

That's what I meant by memed they just fuck with text to make it whatever the fuck they want it's still garbage but I don't see it as a major issue in monmster hunter. But like in FE Fates even if they didn't alter any of the assets I still would not have bought it with that disgusting script.

The only time I used MH's multiplayer was back in the original MH, where I managed to connect my ps2 to the internet just two months before the servers died. I've played almost every other game in the franchise since only in solo.

I've always had trouble with my internet, regardless of provider, so this is probably for the best.

Incidentally, I'm wrapping up caravan 9 in mh4u at the moment. I've used charge blade exclusively at this point since I hadn't used it before and wanted to get good at guard points. There's this…blandness to it. It doesn't have the FUCK YOU factor that GS and HBG had (my previous mains from FU), even with a fully-charged counter-phial-bukkake. The most satisfying thing I've done to this point is finishing a tigrex off with guard point damage twice in a row (hardly a flashy finish). Any of you think I should try something else or have I not practiced with the CB enough to feel the power yet? Alternatively, just shill me some weapons or weapon/skill combo to try.

I do feel it's part of their attempt to redefine their audience, considering they go out of their way in the foreign script to decry improving or challenging oneself, in stark opposition to the original text, and considering World is being built with the West in mind, that could have very negative repercussions for the franchise down the line. Either way, localization shouldn't be a thing at all, and anyone associated with such businesses should be run out of the industry and left penniless on the streets.

I agree it's why I bought X/XX then pirated G. I don't remember that a lot of edits were made though I just remember the "Git Gud" line but I didn't really pay attention. I actually specifically remember the MHG localizers having a presentation talking about not changing the script a bunch I guess that was just lies though, or even sadder they thought they didn't change anything.

That's still censorship. They disliked what the original message was so they changed it to suit their preferences.

We should do hunting again. Off to work, but I'll be free in about 11 hours if anyone's up for XX or early game 4G.

Im currently a NEET and am free anytime for XX or 4U.

I personally need help getting past the Lao Shen Long in XX though

Also has anybody ever played the MH missions in peace walker? I personally am suprised to have never seen the Gear Rex in any actual MH game.

Those missions are bretty gud

Sadly anything exclusive to the MH missions in that game probably belong to Konami and therefore will never be in a video game again.

they're balls hard, but they don't compare to the skull difficulty tank missions which are pure bullshit and require that you do some ridiculous stealth to pull off,or face tanks that one shot you if it even twitches.

The whole game is basically just Monster Hunter X Metal Gear with the main enemies being tanks, AI machine gears, it's pretty great.

the best one is the Gear Rex fight, I think the monster was designed by the MonHun team, and it's literally a bio-organic Metal Gear.

It's a shame that the series had to end on such a low note.

Either you suck or I'm autistic
maybe both

I got the PSP version and that shit is hard to control even with 150 hours on it. Considering getting the PS3 version.

I 100%'d the game on PSP first it was annoying as fuck with the controls I would recommend the PS3 version so much

Yeah, but his ability to throw scales that explode when hit by soundwaves of a certain frequency live on in Najarala, which was my favorite ability of Gear Rex's anyways.

Are you throwing them TOWARD him? Typically what you want to do, is throw them AWAY from him to ensure that the flash is within his line of sight. If the bomb goes off so much as under his chin, or behind his ears, it won't affect him at all.

I liked how when they couldnt get gear rex in MH, at least they could bring in certain abilities that it had so they never gone to waste. Im still mad though, gear rex just oozes cool and i am head over heels for those kinds of creatures/machines.

I wish naja was an elder dragon so they could've gone even further with the sound abilities
And let it fly
Friggin waste of a mythological creature, man

Which is better GS in Freedom Unite? Atillart or Ukanloss Destructor? Using Rathalos X set atm.
Does Portable 3rd requires more resources to emulate than FU? Every time I try to play it, it gets really slow at Yukumo village.

That steam group is more dead than the FU community.

New gameplay from MH channel themselves

Not sure about the flies. I can see why they exist, as finding monsters in the larger, more intricate maps will be more difficult, but I don't like how the solution is "follow light and press button along the way." I'm also not a fan of how you can just gather and eat on the go, now. The mounting recovery better have some kind of limit.

Press F to not die

Also i fear by how much they're trying to force the enviromental traps, stealth and making monster fight each other, that the hunter will do very little in terms of damage, have huge hp pools or some other bullshit.

It's the new styles and hunter arts.
and if X/XX is any indication you better believe the HP pools will be bloated as fuck

Didn't they said that they're not going to use styles and arts in this one?
Not that they didn't change the move sets, that GS felt like a LS. The guy was evading without problems and there was no waiting after attacks.

Idk what to tell you, the only thing I really liked was the mocap.

no, I mean the environmental damage is replacing arts/styles as the new stupid as fuck thing they threw in. And knowing the horrible team at capcom, they didn't balance the game around not doing it at all, so environmental damage is going to be obscenely high so they bloat HP to compensate.

Not to mention the guy playing is an absolute shitter who is trying to use as much of the new gimmicks as possible making the game look kind of shitty and frustrating in the process. You could tell that the guy does not even play MH. The annoying female was horrible, she wouldnt shut the fuck up about anything. One of the things I liked about MH is learning the ropes by yourself and developing new skills and strategies that way, but she is just holding your had the entire time to appeal to literal retards. Not to mention that they have been showing the same exact content they have been showing for about a month with no excuse whatsoever.

They thing I like about these games are the variety and content the games have and how you can mix it up and play with a bunch of play styles, MHW by not showing it off is in fact, turning me off. Please pull your head out of your ass capcom and do something sensible about this, at least try to appeal to your previous fanbase who supported the series until now instead of throwing us under the bus.

I used to be hype as fuck for this game, and now im kinda hoping it dies. It better fucking get its shit together before I pirate it instead of buying.

sorry, i didn't realize that.

I'm hoping the reason was they gave the guy playing HR gear for the tutorial, and that's why he survived. Even the hunt didn't last that long, and he only attacked a couple of times.
As for the rest i don't know. Especially those giant heal bugs are so retarded that i can't defend them.

That's due to the Rocksteady Mantle, although with stagger resitance like this they should have renamed it to something like:
『DYING STAR T H I C C N E S S - The Immovable Object 』

Some things aren't clear so I'm partially guessing for the first few.
>one of them gives you immunity to roars, wind, and tremors, some damage reduction, and complete immunity to knockback and flinching from being attack for a full 90 seconds

That's mostly because all the people they've shown so far are terrible at GS and refuse to use charge attacks, and play combo GS instead.
The evading doesn't seem very different than before. GS has always as far back as I've played, at least been able to evade almost instantly after an attack, despite having extremely long ending lag if you don't roll out; and it's able to evade out during most of that ending lag, too. It's a bit unique in this way, SA is the only other weapon that feels similar to me. Both of them let you evade very quickly after an attack, and both allow you to delay the evade for a while if you'd like.

I laughed.

If this isn't cancer I don't know what is. MH World is really trying to appeal to the lowest possible common denominator.

I don't like that you will be able to change armors during missions, i don't like it at all.
Unless this is extremely limited it will be complete shit, and will just make the shit players even more shit.

I think the engine was updated from 2nd to 3rd gen, but it shouldn't be that big a difference, are you using the version with hd textures from the ps3 release?

This is exactly what's gonna happen.
Furthermore, the legions of shitters which dropped any and all previously released titles will now flock to it like flies to a freshly dropped nugget of poop in the summer heat so that they too may cash in on that sweet gamer™ cred™.
Now some people would just give up on it or apply themselves and eventually acquire some semblance of proficiency.
But not those people, nuh-uh. They demand that someone cater to they retardation and provide them with a guitar that makes funny noises when you push the buttons.
Shut your fucking whore mouth, you elitist prick. [muffled cuckshedhunter-subscription in the distance]

The rocksteady mantle is the most awful thing I've seen yet. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Even without the knockback immunity, it's combining the effects of three different skills, and a damage reduction. I have no idea how big the damage reduction is, I'm guessing hoping it's probably around the same level as one of the kitchen defense boosts or DuS at best, but this is still at least 40 points worth of skills (15 hearing, 15 wind resist, 10 tremor resist) going by the old system. All of that alone is insane, it's better than most Arts with just that. And then you add complete knockback immunity to that. If any more of the mantles do crazy shit like this, then I honestly believe the Arts and Styles will seem tame by comparison.

At first I liked the game, then i started disliking it, then i looked at the bright side and started liking it again, even defending it on some threads. I tried to give the game a chance, I really did.

But for now the game is fucked. It dug its own shitter grave and will lie in it.

There is not really much MHW can do to bring me back.
Not that capcom really cares about us any more, we are probably the minority and look at the youtube videos, normalfags love it

No but you don't understand, the mantles will be so broken OP that the player will have to make choices during a hunt!

Do you want to play Offensively? Get the steroid mantle that grants AuXL, Critical Draw, Sharpness+2 and Focus! Do you want to play Defensively? Get the 『DYING STAR T H I C C N E S S - The Immovable Object 』 and become impervious to everything!

OR JUST BRING BOTH SINCE YOU CAN CARRY TWO!

Also look out for the new and upcoming STEALTH MANTLE which will make monsters unable to aggro you even as you attack them! Only $5.99 if you buy it with the next DLC!

Preorder the Season Pass now to get Season Pass Owner 6-Month Timed Exclusive Early Access Monsters!

IT'S NOT A SEASON PASS, IT'S A HUNTING LICENSE!

LOW RANK HUNTING LICENSE: 5$/Month
HIGH RANK HUNTING LICENSE: 10$/Month
G RANK HUNTING LICENSE: 30$/Month (comes with monthly hunter swag to show off your mad skills)

Well it's been fun. But at least I don't have any reason to give capcom money anymore.

How much to become a Monster™ Hunter™ Influencer™? I want to share my steel donuts with the community via the marketplace for mods. So grateful that Capcom-sama collaborated with Bethesda.

I am honestly at a loss when it comes to Capcom. How can they make such fucking terrible decisions so consistently across all their franchises and not go bankrupt? Megaman Legends still hurts. How do they even make these decisions? Do they deliberately go with the worst possible move every fucking time? I couldn't even see a 99+ year old mummified corpse that had been stuck under a rock for the last 50 years make decisions this fucking idiotic.

Any patched psp version? Also Jhen Moran is a shit fight. Lao Shan was better.

I liked the mantle stuff for aestic-tacticool purposes, but having too many buffs is going too far.

They've got bigger companies they can beg for money at.
SFV? Console exclusivity if sony funds it. MvCI? Only reason it exists is because Capcom convinced Disney that it would be great advertising for the MCU.
The well is running out though, that's why to see so many of their older devs to other companies. SNK and Arc System Works have a fuck load of ex-capcom devs working for them now.

I hope Capcom crashes and burns ASAP. It would probably mean the death of MH, but I think at this point it's probably for the better. I never thought I'd ever say that.

There's a pre-patched ISO floating around somewhere, I'm surprised we don't have a link in the OP.

Y'know what hurt me the most? I always wanted monhun on the PC, and when it finally comes, it's this casualized bullshit and not a port of 4U like everyone actually wanted.
Why? Why they need to make the first game in the series on PC this one instead of starting with the already established games before doing this?
Now it's probable that this will not be a success and that will just make capcom cut PC support for the series, again.
Even worse, because they are trying to make this bigger, it will probably have DLC/Microtransactions, which will kill the series a little more.
God, i'm fucking depressed with all the shit capcom keeps doing.

Wait to see their announcements at EVO; depending on what they reveal will signal the end for them.
If they announce SFV going F2P and that they aren't delaying MvCI that means their fighters are going on ice again

Why do the casuals love it?
Because it looks pretty?
Because It's not on a handheld device?
We just need to wait for:

Also showing combo GS, FFS mate thats the reason i keep seeing a surge of these GS swing2win fags in my 140 No fun allowed rooms.

Its just a lazy follow the green arrow, so that faggots dont bother on memorizing the whole place

We get more of the same trash.

No more Monster Hunter on PC again, maybe no more Monster Hunter that isn't justjokesnigga side games again.

Here are some caps from the youtube comments. I'd have gone deeper looking for more, but I felt like I was about to die so I had to stop.

The pile of low rank gathering quests in MHX felt like 200hrs of boredom.

Yeah user, i also want re-used assets the game in my PC, now with binaries.
MH was up for some "updating" sooner or later.

Because the PC and the Xbox are the America consoles and if they're going to release on those, they're going to design the game for Americans.

What. You can clear low rank both online and offline in under 20 hours, hell you can do it under 5 hours if you just floor it to high rank and use high rank weapons on low rank

It was part of some dick measuring contest where they all spouted off how many hours they had to one-upped whoever said anything before them. When I looked at it, they were up to saying they had about 3000 hours total in 4U.

That man is crazy. In 200 hours I was G-Gold Crown in 4U

The mind of a normalfag scares the fuck out of me.

The highest playtime I ever got in a MH game was MHFU where I had 651 hours and that was mostly from learning the game or helping friends. Now I never break 200 hours to 100% clear shit.

That's like a pilot saying he's got 100000+ hours of flight time and still flying cessnas only, or a martial artist saying he's trained for six gorrillion hours and hasn't earned his black belt yet. This is a legitimate display of mental retardation, as if being that fucking bad at something is praiseworthy.

normalfags will idle in steam games to rack up hour counts so they can wave them around like some sort of indicator of skill. Even in threads for some games here, I see people posting screenshots of their steam playtimes and trying to out-do each other by showing off how much time they've spent playing a game. I like to hope it's just a joke here but sometimes I'm not sure. I don't understand it. There's obviously correlation between time spent at something and skill, but it's as if they think time spent is a direct measure of skill, and having more time spent at something necessarily means you know it better than someone else.

All I want to do is hunt monsters with my favorite gear. Hope they don't fuck up the SA and GS too much with the *teleports behind u* bullshit from MHX. Been sick of the mounting shit since 4U making hunts too EZ and the aerial mode only made it worse.

Has there been a survey/list of who's planning to get MHW on what system/not getting it at all or are you guys just going to spout the same "go back to halfchan if you want to play with others" shit because I left that cesspit for a reason.

Buddy after the gameplay shitshow here it's fair to say I doubt anyone is getting this shit. The most likely outcome is anons waiting til it gets pirated and posting some random solo gameplay like that "sipersize me" documentary that attempted to capture the development of pure cancer. And also some ocassionally funny OC/glitches.

There is now:
poal.me/a7pawk

I was the first guy, but some of the shit capcom added in is finally getting to me.

Like I said, I used to defend this game as much as possible, but now MH is only going to be a husk of its former self, still successful, but dead to us veterans.

I used to love this series but now I barely see the fun in it now. Im not even sure if I should buy it anymore. Help.

Based on what I've seen I still got to make a choice if I'm getting it when it lowers in price if at all but I'll just wait until there is a lot more info or at least a demo I can play before making my final decision. Not too impressed with what I've seen but since it's Capcom it will only get worse from here.

At this point, I probably won't even pirate it unless some poor autist makes a complete overhaul mod.

I'm honestly surprised how many people are voting to get it. The overwhelming majority of people thinking about playing it would be doing so on PC though, and I'm not sure if that's an indication of a lack of confidence in the title and not wanting to pay for it, or if it's just the Stockholm Syndrome the PC loyalists have seem to developed regarding World.

Again, World is being toned down to aim for the foreigners, so it makes sense that it'd get an Xbox and PC release.

Why would it need to be toned down though? A bunch of foreigners already like and play the game, it was just a matter of putting it on consoles. There was no need to casualize it and appeal to literal retards or journalists.

Fuck capcom for doing that. They are going TOO far.

To quote from the Dengeki Interview dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/ :

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

In other words, they want the Call of Madden audience, since that's what people want when they aim at the foreign market.

Numbers. They're appealing to a much larger demographic than its current playerbase. World is not being designed for the people who like MH; it's being designed for the people who don't like MH, and don't play it, because that's a much bigger demographic. They don't care about the existing fanbase. All that matters is getting the biggest number of sales that they can, whether or not any of those sales are from people who liked the previous games.

Probably a little of both, Capcom has the magical beaten wife syndrome on most people, where no matter what a game dev does they may complain but they'll still do it, because "IF I DON'T HE'LL HURT HIMSELF AGAIN, I HAVE TO BE THERE FOR HIM"

Why does everyone showcasing World gameplay always drop meats for no reason

Her voice actually makes me want to vomit. It's the most disgusting thing.

I was able to handle moving while drinking, since healing is now gradual, but this is just crossing the line for me.

My first guess is that it attracts other monsters, which mostly just makes the showcase look better

And does all the work for the player, considering that Hunters might do 20 damage or so per hit, whereas the monsters were shown doing around 400 damage to one another.

That chinese ripoff wyvern fire ammo type did 140 from the main hit, plus another 40 from something else
Considering the bigger monster that kicks the smaller monster's ass can also stick around to kick your ass, it's less casual than being able to call in friends

I was actually thinking of the smaller monsters. I doubt the big ones would be attracted to a piece of meat, but having the smaller ones constantly showing up makes the game look more "alive".

Again, I'm just guessing here. It could be absolutely nothing

Hasn't bait been a thing in past games as well?

He's talking about the fact that the big monsters can now fight each other

I still think it looks better than 4th gen; I doubt world is going to have a giant Japanese mecha being controlled by a puppeteering insect.

But the seltas queen is the one that controls the drones

He is not talking aboult seltas, i think it's the last monter in xx or something

I'm talking about this; if you honestly don't see how MHWorld is a much needed step back from what's in this video then I'm sorry but you either have brain problems or still believe we're in 3rd gen and have just completely blocked out 4th gen when you're saying world looks casualised. We'd all like FU with better hitboxes and more monsters, but World is a much better direction than X/XX.

Sorry the video has commentary; I just picked the first one that wasn't wifebeater.

This video is nice because at least it'll shut up that faggot who was whining in the last few threads about how the color was supposedly washed out. Even after I pointed it out that colors only seemed washed out because the footage for some reason had the gamma way too fucking high. Even this one seems to have a slight gamma bump. We can now see in a proper, not-compressed-to-shit video with the gamma shot up to maximum, that yes, the game has plenty of color to it.
For things like the giant vigorwasp being a mega potion that you can just use instantly in the world and the worry about casualization. I have two things to say:
1. It looks like they're a rare find(which isn't a great excuse but at least it's not like there's one in every area of the map)
2. I have a feeling you won't be seeing them in high rank and beyond. They could even contextualize this by saying that the later game monsters scared them off or hunted their numbers down. It feels like a strictly low rank inclusion made for newfags.

I don't understand this worry that the game encourages you too much to use other monsters to deal damage. Because the GS in the footage is 20ish and then 40ish when charged(and seems to do +10 when you hit the Anjarath's belly). Really, baiting another monster into attacking your target seems like all it's doing is giving the player a safer, more "strategic" method of dealing damage.
If you're competent at fighting I'd say that the time it takes to bait another monster into attacking your target could just as well be spent just fighting. Really just seems like a different strategy to deal the same amount of damage in the same amount of time.

I guess I have brain problem, that seems like a pretty inventive final fight and a neat way to not have a dragon for the ending.
World's 'living ecosystem' concept is neat, but I'm not sure how well developed it is. Monsters have developed crippling autism to such a degree that you can stand under them and have them not notice you, the monsters don't seem especially dangerous. Fighting each-other is neat if it's being expanded upon (it's been in the game in some capacity for 2 generations now), but the real internal logic of the things seems just as shit as usual. The ancient forest video shows at least that much.
XX and X seem to be a much more entertaining direction, one that could assimilate all of the neat concepts World has and execute them properly in the future.

This gameplay looked like shit but to be fair, the Japanese multiplayer gameplay they uploaded a while ago looked much, much better.

That's a little disappointing, I always liked taking a guess on what area's monsters preferred to vacate based on their art. I also think certain items like paint balls to track the monster were more intuitive than this. Of course since monhun typically is on pretty weak hardware paint wouldn't really drip off the monster creating a path, it would just mark their position on the map. Putting this game on modern hardware gave the devs a chance to implement stuff like that, but no. Have some flies instead

Psychoserum was always there user.

There was always Psychoserum or that one skill that allowed you to sense the monster though.

They needed Sony's help to fund Street Fighter V. Between that game's shit launch, MvCi's assured shit launch, and MHW's potential shit launch, it may begin to catch up to them.

I don't know much about Monster Hunter, but that looks fucking sick and you have brain problems if you think otherwise. The game's art style has always been pretty fucking stupid (the shortest swords are still larger than your torso, for instance), so the concept of an insect making a mech out of webbing isn't too unbelievable. You strike me as a real no-fun-allowed type.

Not allowing you to actually track the monster by following blood trails and crushed foliage is a huge missed opportunity. I really wanted to believe MHW could be good with real hardware, but seeing all the little details in English from the new gameplay trailer makes me disappointed more than anything. I don't see much reason to play this when I can just play Demon's Souls (I know, I know) or a more fast-paced hunting game.

Atrulka did nothing wrong. It was one of the most fun massive monsters in a while, way better than Hallway Simulator, Hallway Simulator: Crab Edition, and Hallway Simulator: The Beach Episode. The "Japanese mecha" is mostly a pile of random junk the it slapped together and swings around, with some chunks of machinery to help its legs work. We've had references to all kinds of ancient technology and the civilization that made it for a while now, so I'm guessing that the mechanical parts of its puppet are relics from that. This is purely a guess though, because I have no idea what the NPCs actually say about it. Is an endgame boss being strong enough to control a puppet made of scrap metal and some bits of machinery it found in the ruins of an ancient fortress really so bad and out of place? I think it's a hell of a lot better than some of the crazy bullshit some of the elder dragons can pull off, like wildly firing off deathrays, raining down meteors from space, or moving the moon to start an eclipse; or, according to lorefag shit, boiling an entire sea to death, or turning vast stretches of desert into glass.

And it's not like it was ever that hard to get either. In all the Monster Hunter's I've played there were merchants who occasionally sold them(on which occasions I bought like 40 at a time) or eventual the standard item merchants would sell them outright.

Yes, it's literally from God Eater.

The last MH game I played was 3 Ultimate on the 3DS. What the fuck happened since then?

I've never played God Eater, so you'll need to specify what thing from God Eater you're talking about.

People are mad about people not releasing MHXX to the west

And now MHW MH5 is happening and Holla Forums is understandably upset about it.

Yeah it's much better that we now have mantels that give thousands of skill points and seemingly have no downside! Seriously how are you defending this nonsense.
Hunters do massively less than the environmental damage meaning optimally you're going to "lead monster to trap, hitting to keep him interested, then let something else kill him" from the damage numbers shown. It's not even interesting.

This is who World is aimed at. I know I brought this on myself by specifically going to plebbit to get angry, but even then I was still disappointed.

I haven't played MHGen. What's he doing wrong?

STOP TALKINGGGGGG

This is the first monster fight in the game. It's an extremely easy monster with huge openings, very obvious patterns, and long tells before attacks designed to teach players the absolute basics of combat. He's also taking a number of potions you'd typically only need for some of the most dangerous late G-rank endgame monsters. You shouldn't need mega potions at all for this monster, even if you're completely new to the series, yet this guy's bringing 10 of them plus items to make an extra 10 of them.

The last line, about the game being bad at giving instructions, hits especially hard if you're aware of some of the localization changes. In the Japanese version, immediately before this fight, the quest giver explains a few things about the monster, and gives some tips on how to fight it. In the English version, this was replaced with a reference to a meme.

I dont understand how somebody can be so shit at something so simple??

Are there any videos out there to show people playing as badly as this guy says? This must be a joke. I just believe hes trying to bait the guys, no one who plays monster hunter could suck THAT much at such a simple task.

DONT FORGET THE PRO HUNTER ARMOR SET AND WEAPONS AS A PRE ORDER BONUS

I have no words for this bullshit.

This is the sort of person who spends 45 minutes trying to put on a pair of gloves before giving up and blaming the manufacturer for making such shitty socks in the first place.

game looks fine, why so much autism surrounding this

inb4 over 9000 (you)s

The autism is fine. Im just happy glad that i brought the thread back from the dead.

Great, I hope you're really happy user

In hopes of offering an alternative to the suicidal thoughts evoked by the latest gameplay, I want to talk about MH4U.

How can we fix the palico system? Maybe if you could agree on a formation around the monster, then the fucker wouldnt roam across the area and considerably lengthen quest time for no good reason. As they stand right now they're pretty fucking useless, if not downright harmful to gameplay, as newfags may use them as a crutch and fail to develop good positioning skills. The trap-laying ones do have some potential though. Not that I've been able to use them much since I don't have enough to get all skills for my main palico.

There's a metric fuckton of bloat around the fucking palico system as well (leveling, fishing, expeditions, palico scouting, gear building). And a lot of it has severe pacing issues what with the quest # cap before being able to efficiently partake in some of these activities. Snugnug Isle has no raison d'etre beyond fishing, which might as well have been added to the laundry list of shit that the old hag sells you for points.

No one is voting to get it, they're voting to get it. I'd consider it if they patched all of the stupid shit out.

The more I see, the worse it looks.

Yeah user, look at all this color. I'll admit the game looks like it has more color now, like the great Jagras in the second picture, but the game in general still feels washed out, compare my images previous games or look outside and you'll see much more color than this.

To argue in the opposite direction, 3ds games need to be ridiculously colorful because of the small resolution and 3d
It's (partly) why the zelda remakes fucked up the atmosphere in a lot of areas

That does make sense since it helps make things clearer, same reason why they added the glowing aura to the main characters in the GBA Castlevanias after Circle of Moon not having it. I guess I just prefer my games to be more colorful since it becomes easier to make things out from the environment.

I can't believe people are actually trying to say the 3DS games look better than this

My point isn't that it looks better technically, but looks better for gameplay since you can tell shit apart from the scenery at a glance. Things don't blend into each other because of a limited color palette.

Forgot to quote:

The button prompts I'm sure are just part of the tutorial, like the voiceovers
If not then they can be turned off, they've been pretty good about UI customization on the 3ds games

Also, it's a public demo of a low rank fight, of course it's gonna be easy
We're lucky they weren't so casual as to need to use some sort of godmode cheat for the presentation like other companies do

pick one

Some of the mantles are OP as fuck, but they're just a normal part of the game

Except I think it speaks volumes for how bad World is

Is this what being colorblind is like? To think that "the fantastical great outdoors" is this bland? This is your one excuse to overdo it, not pretend you're making a MMS.
I know they're doing it to hide shitty, undercooked textures, but even still.

I disagree with this too. Vibrant colors shouldn't necessarily stand out from the environment; here are some animals that rely on camo in the real world. Clearly, the environment should be as colorful as the animals, not that the animals should outstrip the environment.
If they want to make 'real ecosystems' and sneakiness a big deal? Awesome! More game depth, done right. "Make everything brown" isn't the same thing, though.
They weren't colorful to make them "more visible" as much as they were colorful because it makes them more visually interesting.
Even Monster Hunter 2 has better color palettes and it was released over a fucking decade ago.

I don't think it really defines the rest of the changes to the game, most of that shit is just streamlining or meaningless
But even taken alone, the mantles will make a huge difference to the game if you actually use them, and are by far the worst new thing we've seen about the game in my opinion

"just don't use them" doesn't excuse the horrible choice, and here I was wondering how they could top Styles and hunter arts in horrible choices, and it looks like they did it!

Nigger I agree with you

yeah those two thoughts were unrelated, I am honestly surprised they managed to just make a flat worse idea than styles so blatantly.

True enough, it all comes down to execution, you can make something into a over saturated nightmare and you'd still not be able to make anything apart while it makes sense for animals and by extension, monsters, to use camouflage to hide themselves. This game doesn't look like it's going for the camouflage angle, it's hard to spot enemies because the color palette is extremely limited.
I agree completely on the color part, I never understood this whole "Let's make games pretty and realistic by making everything dull" outside of trying to mask lower quality textures due to power limitations. It just looks drab and boring and frankly quite ugly in my opinion, it's visually unappealing and it's not like the MH world is some hellhole like STALKER's Zone.

They're specifically designing World for the Westerners, I'll be surprised if it's even possible to fail a quest.

This is the thing that confuses me the most.
I can look out my window in buttfuck nowhere, suburbia, and still see colors that aren't so drab.
Here's a side-by-side of three 'pictures' of Pripyat. Even fucking Stalker is more colorful than World from that screenshot; You can tell that the monsters, actually well-textured, are also allowed to contrast and be colorful.

At least use comparable photos

Also some screenshot that are not from the videos and actually have the in-game quality, not washed out youtube compression.

some other rainforest pictures, with less sun exposure to compare to the area inside the map that very low sunlight.

and more pictures to compare.
comparing both screenshots of the game and actual dense forests, i actually think the problem is in the lack of foliage instead of color, the floor in all of them are very bare, and you don't leaves in abundance everywhere like in real forests, that's probably what is lacking here.

Why tho. Time and time again, console kiddies have proven they'll buy a game for hype and name alone.

They're not dumbing it down for console, they're dumbing it down for Westerners.

Did you buy generations with its infinite iframe arts?

"Flashes dont affect you as well even if you look right at it, so theres no draw back"
The only good thing about MH Worlds is that it looks pretty, and its a MH IP on PC.

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS PORT 4U TO PC YOU FUCKING RETARDS

I'd rather they just make a new proper Monster Hunter 5 for the 3DS than waste time porting the previous games, but even a port of 4G would be more productive a use of time and resources than World looks to be.

The worst part is that this will sell well due to it looking nice, and being easy with a hint of being difficult. So the mass will eat this shit up. And this will be the new monster hunter.

FUCKING THIS

I have literally only played 4u

While I get that people seem to think it looks better, I still don't get why - it's covered in glowy shit, and that specifically because the graphics are worse to the point that you can't see shit without them apparently? I don't get why anyone thinks it looks good.

I can understand the healing because some people are just autistic, but why collecting?

I've been hearing a lot more autism out of the people defending World's changes to the healing than anything

We're talking about the people who think minor features that have little impact on gameplay should remain as poorly implemented as they were on the ps2 because "muh hardcores"
Autism incarnate

You'll have to give examples, because all the autism I keep hearing is people complaining about the pose animation for using items, or about how having to stop to use an item was too hard.

Keeping the animations, and the fact that you have to stand still makes it harder to get it, instead of just running around while a monster chases you. You either have to risk getting the supplies, fight it off, or just out right kill it. But with this there is no reason for doing resource runes if you can just run around and grab it while fighting a monster. It takes an aspect away from the game.

A great example is the question I asked
I can't come up with a reasonable explanation for why someone would think moving while collecting is such a big deal other than autism

Well that's just dumb
good
I can't even remember the last time I actually went out and gathered shit instead of just using trading

Ill give it, I was just getting angrier at more minuscule shit, but I still stand by everything else i've said. Not to mention its stupid to be able to move and shoot on a LBG, and the healing pots roaming the area, and being able to move and heal is stupid. Since healing was something you had to time, and got rewarded by being able to live longer in the battle.

No, not really
I know this because I'm a bad and regularly consume 10+ pots per hunt in G rank
And the movement isn't a straight casualization, the animation was tripled in length and you can now be interrupted before finishing the heal while still consuming the item

I'll give you the collecting, though I don't really have any investment in it one way or the other myself. The bigger point for me is that you think people getting upset over healing getting dumbed down are autistic when it's mostly people defending the changes who get overly focused on the most minute and meaningless shit, like it not being realistic to pose or the like.

People get caught up in shit like that because they don't see the pose as part of drinking the potion, so it's much easier for them to realize that they're being held still arbitrarily, which pisses them off
But they're still too dumb to recognize that that's the problem they're having, so they just blame it all on the flex animation
That's not autism, it's just stupidity, if the animation was just the hunter drinking the potion for longer they probably wouldn't even notice, and therefore wouldn't understand or be able to articulate why they were having less fun with the game at all

As someone who's never played a Monster Hunter game before this looks neat, bad player skill aside.

In every monster hunter game so far you can literally just change zones and heal in complete safety. You can't do that in world.

I very very rarely did that because it puts you at risk when you re-enter the area and good luck doing that in the quests where you can't change zones like quests in the tower, arena and that place you fight Shiggy Diggy in.

Did you ever craft things of a tier higher than your current?
Because it seems that gathering is important during progression lad.

Mining, maybe, but you can get by real easy by just getting one or two mining points at the end of a quest every now and again, unless you're farming multiple sets

Oh so you never went for ancient/rusty shards.
Speaking of which awful fucking items and I gate them

I didn't really care about them, no
Grinding for shit I'm guaranteed to get is already enough of a pain in the ass
Stuff I gathered naturally over the course of the games didn't seem to be worth the effort in the first place

The only thing in MHWorld they bothered to give any sort of real color is the bamboo. Glad there's more for comparison.

Again, note how strongly the monster contrasts the environment. Unlike the muddy environment, they've clearly been given a great deal of care, so they don't need to hide behind the veil.
Absolutely everything in that third picture looks like garbage, though. What the fuck is going on?

This actually looks OK, but only because half of the screen is taken up by tree-roots that should look brown.
Even the fire can't escape the curse, when Nintendo is doing more advanced fire effects than you, something is wrong.

The low-sunlight pictures still manage to convey the impression of color, they don't magically desaturate. I'd say the main problem is that they are trying to give the impression of a lush forest with lots of foliage and skipping the everliving shit out of the foliage bit.
Then again, even the magical monster-b-gone bushes are as dull green as everything else.

Good thing you should never need to heal because you can bully monsters without even getting detected!
Just throw a few itty bitty rocks and they'll run right on into every trap you place down, risk-free.

So with XX being universally despised and MHW being a giant "FUCK YOU" to fans, is 4U going to be the last real Monster Hunter game? Is this going to be the legacy of the franchise?

A) When it's unaware of you.
B) You realise the slinger abilities are armor specific and have limited ammunition right?
C) It's currently soooo hard to get a monster to sit on a trap, right?

Jesus Christ newfag play 1st/2nd gen, MonHun didn't look like some shounenshit anime garbage until 4th.

Looks that way. Want to say I didn't see it coming, but if you didn't see this coming with gen/X/XX…

just to note that i don't actually disagree on the color thing, they could put in more color in it without going to 3ds levels of saturation and it would look good, but i still think the foliage makes it look way more drab and dull than the color itself.
if you look at Crysis and Witcher 2 forests and foliage you can see how much impact this type of detail adds to make the forest alive.

I must be going crazy, and i only watched the newest video once, but i remember that the giant boulder hazard when used did something like 130~160 damage, and a lv1 greatsword charge did 30+ damage, so i don't really think the hazards will be that much of a game changer, dunno how much damage rath did to janath, so i can't say if the monster infighting will fuck everything up.
Not that any of that matter, a way bigger problem is changing armors in-missions, the noobs will never learn to start the mission already prepared now.
Just imagine HR with the world newbies, that will be torture.
Also, on the heal and collecting thing, i wouldn't mind if the drinking would slow you down like estus does in dark souls 2, you can still relocate, but bad timing will still make you unable to dodge, also cancelling drinking/eating is the most shitty thing they are doing now, that is the real sin of the entire overhaul of this mechanic.
I don't really mind collecting without stopping, it was pure grind that only slow the game down, i would actually like if you could just hold the button and you collect all the items in the spot without getting back up, that would be way better than how it works right now, Instant mega potions are complete shit though.

Fucking try that shit in 4U's 140GQ's and get back to me on that.
Have you ever actually had to run around with a sliver of Hp left to slam a max potion while the monster did an attack that left it in an animation where it wasn't able to hit you?
Thats what is on about.
Solo without cats or shakas means you have to give up a window of attack to heal.

Defend this. I dare you.

Hot fucking shit you meant to tell me that it not only prevents flinching from damage and wind, BUT IT FUCKING GIVES YOU TREMOR RESIST, DEFENSE INCREASE AND
FUCKING EARPLUGS?

Pick one. It's just farting in its sleep.

Wew lad, I can smell the estrogen and horse cock from miles away.

The new MH looks fucking ugly as hell. And I'm not talking about assets or textures. I'm talking about the cancerous white washed out tint.
When will modern games stop adding this shit? Games are meant to have crystal-clear image quality, not blued out and washed out fucking cancer. Monster Hunter is also meant to be vibrant and colorful. MH World looks like your average BROWN N' REALISTIC fucking shooter.

Console games are, by nature, not modern games.

The line is a fine one.

That's the thing, this game only looks good to people who aren't Monster Hunter fans, because that's who it's designed for.

Most of the time, that is an option to be sure, albeit in few of the more difficult hunts like against Ancient Dragons. That said, World looks to be far worse with letting you fast travel to fully heal yourself and restock on items whenever you want.

If World is successful, yes. If World bombs, which it very well may, they will likely go crawling back to the fans with a Monster Hunter 5 for the 3DS or, if by that point Nintendo has also realized how bad they've fucked up, an as of yet unannounced new handheld console

Limited ammunition that you constantly restock just by walking around the stage.

And World looks worse than first gen, your point?

The fight between Dos Jaglas and Anjanaf involved a single attack that did somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 damage.

When they stop trying to appeal to foreigners.

Yeah, just rewatched it, giant boulder did 114 and rath did 454
now we need definitive info on weapon damage, because i saw the same move do 56 and 4 in the same video, so i don't really know what the fuck is going on.
Also the sharpness in the weapon barely goes down at all, dunno if this is because of demo, HR weapon or just more casualization cause "sharpening is too hard!"

Please make it stop.

soon for the low price of 12.99 USD you can have the "Always Crit" Mantle.
ARE YOU READY FOR THE HUNT(tm)

What's the matter, are you too casul for some real grinding?

I needed some tendies ASAP so I spent my good boy points on them instead of a G-Rank™ Hunting™ Kit™. It's okay though, I have some Palico™ Surprises™ leftover from my previous Hunting™ License™. Maybe I'll get lucky unboxing one of them and get one of those Premium™ Mantles™ you spoke of.

Isn't this what the rock steady skill did already but this is the first time it's ever been explained beyond the extremely shitty description of

Oh I get it, so they added the damage reduction effect and tremor res to rock steady.

Here's what it did in MH4U. They added a fuckload of shit to it.

You couldn't freely equip rock steady for 90 seconds at a time on top of any armour set.

Fudou only gave the 10 point version of the roar and wind protection skills, so if the World thing gives full protection like it seems to suggest, it's effectively giving players 40 points worth of skills, plus an extra 10-20 depending on what tier of Defense boost it gives.

That isn't the laughing_sluts.png meme. It's a less popular meme from Japanese twitter about a couple being interviewed in the snow for a TV show or something. The character on the left says "I didn't forget my hat, I just love the snow!" or something similarly stupid, while the character on the right facepalms.

He sounds less mature than some of the autistic children I worked with at summer camp.

Also as points out, that's on TOP of whatever your armor already gives.

Ironically, half the point is I think they're not a couple, the guy is saying "The snow that falls when you're with your lover is a special feeling I like" and the chick is annoyed by the implication.

Other fun facts:

If you lure the monster to the area right near your base camp, you can freely switch out your on-cooldown Mantles for ones that are off cooldown, since you can switch gear in the field. Depending on the type and amount of mantles that will be in the game, this should be fun.

Fuck it, this game looks like its going to have a good amount of loopholes and exploitable goodies. When it comes to fun, all hope is not lost.

When MHW comes out lets try as hard as we can to break the game.

I wasn't referencing laughing_sluts with the filename, that's just what I named it.

The HBG Wyvernfire ammo did about 180, total

So 90 dmg per shot? that's not very high.
we will probably only get a definitive answer when the game launch and people start going through the HRs

the word buying is not present in that post user.

It was 140 with an extra 40 from something

A single shot? then the hazards are probably already out of the question as good ways to kill the monsters and more a situational bonus attack.
Monster infighting is still very high though, hope they add some drawbacks on that.

Having another, stronger monster you have to be aware of during the fight seems like an obvious drawback

Stop trying to incite console war faggotry. Everyone knows these threads stopped being civil because the massive turd World is turning out to be, not because it's on other platorms.

This - it's only gone back to Sony, and while I don't own a PS4, if World looked to be even half as good as 4G I'd probably end up getting one for it. Unfortunately, it looks like a generic Western game at this point, so fuck it.

They didn't stop being civil when generations changed monster hunter into a top 10 anime battles meme.

There's a decidedly large difference in scale between a game that was clearly a spinoff made by an entirely different directorial team that still kept the very basics the same and just added on a lot of stupid shit, and a game being made by the main team including the producer of the series as a whole that has outright been stated to be replacing the main numbered series, while reworking a lot of the most fundamental basics of the franchise in what has also been outright stated to be an attempt to make the series appeal to foreigners who refused to play the game in the past due to how difficult it was.

The thread is still pretty civil overall. Some people are just venting their frustration.

The World can't come out soon enough.

Some of the last threads felt pretty heated to me, especially with the shit flinging between MHW apologists and the people who hated the game from the start but things fortunately calmed down. Some of us just wanted more info about the game and thats just what we needed to come to more of a conclusion i guess.

Monster Hunter as we know it now is dead to me, but thinking of it as something else helps alleviate the pain though, even though its escapism. When I get a new PC im going to pirate it and ultimately judge it if its actually worth buying or not. After the latest gameplay vid im hoping that it has enough features to redeem itself of the crappy and not be completely shit.

Things have calmed down because the threads are dead now

Just me?

For what it's worth some of the stuff XX added is a lot better than what Gen had, and I hope at least the monsters come back eventually

Hard for me to compare since I played a couple hundred hours of XX long before World got announced. That said, World looks even easier than X/XX does at the most fundamental levels, so if you thought X was too easy, you may want to play a demo or if you're going to play the foreign PC version, pirate it before putting any money into it.

Not really, the core issues of styles being broken only got worse with the addition of Brave

If shit's gonna be broken, it might as well be fun
Also just use guild

Doesn't fix the problem as hunter arts still exist, in addition not using HAs makes the gunlance even more fucking worthless. Saying "just ignore it", doesn't mean the problem just goes away.

ok
It kinda does
Without all that shit you basically just have 4U.5
You could just use less OP arts if you really can't bear to not use them, I did and realized the strong ones were actively making the game less fun for me

Except you don't, the game's balanced around arts. The HP bloat is obscene to the point of monsters not posing a challenge no matter what you do, but still taking shit loads of time because the game is balanced around the broken as fuck styles and HAs. So you get monsters with massive HP bloat but none of the actual danger because of how stupid the new styles and HAs are.
The horrible choices have infested every single hunt even if you "lol just ignore it bro"

You are the reason MH is dead, because "lol just ignore it" mentality when the game is changed because of the system.

Okay, so use them
I never said I liked it you fucking nigger, you're the one complaining about them

Oh but you'll buy the game that has them and "just ignore them" while defending the idea of it.
I see how it is you bumbling retard.

Now who's the retard

You still, you're making a general statement about the game, you can't go "well I didn't pay for it so the game's great" when defending what capcom did to the series.
I can see you now "Monster Hunter world is the best game if you ignore everything bad about it, I didn't pay for it but I'm going to shill it to people just to show that I'm the boss" or whatever your bullshit logic is

Oh shit
INTERNET FIGHT

Look if you're dead set on being assmad then you can use the OP arts all you want and break the game just to give yourself more to complain about but don't try to turn it around on the people attempting to settle your asspain

Oh wait, I'm sorry, the arts aren't OP because the game is "balanced" around them, I forgot

"settle your asspain"
Yeah defending horrible choices and just ignoring the downfall of the series and shilling a shit game is a good way to do that you dipshit.

You're really hyping up how important these games are for someone accusing me of shilling

oh so you're Just ignoring what precedent it set too.

The precedent for arts and styles which aren't coming back?
The precedent for poor balance that already changes wildly from game to game?

The precedent of catering completely to casuals.
MH3 had underwater except that only effected underwater monsters.
MH4 only had mounting, but it was only frequently used on the jes suis monte stick.
MHX/XX had Styles and Arts, which completely shoved it into hardcore anime XxX supermove mode. Which effected the entire game with how poorly it was designed, and casualized the entire experience with SUPERMOVES
And as you're a dumbass I'm going to assume that you "just ignore" anything before the 3ds games.

But don't worry, I'm sure you'll "Just ignore" anything said in this post, just like you "ignored" getting taste.

What part of "completely ignored spinoff" do you not understand
This is not a main fucking game, it's not even by the same team

And again, you're the faggot complaining that styles and arts are both completely OP but also totally necessary to play the game and also make your favorite weapon actually good for once so you can't not use them like a fucking beaten housewife
I ignored them just fine and it made the game more fun, that's not a fucking defense of the game, that was advice you should probably take so you can stop being such a petulant goddamn child

According to the Dengeki interview, World has been in the works for about four years, and from what I understand, the series has gotten foreign releases even before then, so X hardly set any precedents there.

If that hunk of shit's been in dev for 4 years we have bigger issues, like how do you shit away 4 years to make that pile

Damn that projection

By aiming exclusively at foreigners who never wanted to play Monster Hunter in the first place:

Now you're just pretending to be retarded so you can keep being mad
Whatever dude, deal with it on your own

It looks like they're redoing all of the models and most, if not all, of the animations. It's also being built on a different branch of the engine than all of the recent ones, so there's probably some work that needed to be done to port any tweaks or whatever else they had made from MT Framework Mobile to the regular, desktop/console version of MT Framework. I'm not sure how different the engines are though or how compatible they are, so I have no idea how long that might have taken. Plus, there's all of the new code that would be needed for all of the new stuff in World, focus testing and bug testing all the new content, learning and getting used to working with PS4, Xbone, and PC architecture, and so on. Making a game takes a long time if you don't have a tonne of preexisting assets and code to reuse.

Don't lie to yourself, no money went into that. We're gonna see sub 12 fps because the ports are so shit

I don't think it'll even necessarily be because of porting, I think the game itself is just going to be terrible period even on the PS4.

I only vaguely care about Monster Hunter world because it's my only really opportunity to play a MH game without being forced on a handheld with a tiny screen and limited hardware. Of course now I feel less than excited knowing how previous series fans know that certain mechanics are dumbed down or removed altogether. Just have to wait till it releases to judge it properly but still.

What is pcxs2, ppsspp and citra(lol)?
Additionally, what is MHPs2, MHTri, p3rdHD or the upcoming double cross port to the switch(lol)?
From what we've been shown so far it's basically an entirely different game with some plutonic similarities, Generations was where the core mechanics were getting dumbed down or removed, world is shaping up to be the DmC of the series. Perhaps not quite that bad, but it certainly goes beyond just 'dumbed down'.

>Perhaps not quite that bad,
not quite
Doesn't really matter though.

I never liked previous Devil May Cry games so I thought DmC was alright.

I still acknowledge it's big flaw of being overtly edgy. But why not? It's a game about demons and human desire controlling the populace. Of course the tone should be as such.

Edgy is objectively bad user, it is not the same as "dark"

Now hold the fuck up, all the DMC games are edgy.

The issue was that the gameplay was awful and not reminiscent of the main series, everything else was just sprinkles on top.
I implore you to reconsider your need to live.

It was fine. It's just a hack and slash. Did it's job. Fuck the main series. It never made any sense and always walked the line between anime bullshit and over complicated serious world building. Not in the fun way either. Most else I could give you is that Dante is too immature in this rendition but he always was. Especially when he first started out. So a young Dante in another version is of course gonna be worse in that regard. Still isn't an appealing character trait though.

Holy shit, what is it about this game that attracts such supremely delusion fuckwits?
No, it wasn't. The hallmark of the series was intricate, challenging combat. Hack and slash is also the wrong genre term - it's more stylish action/character action, which shows your ignorance of action games in general.
Which you've never played. Kill yourself.
You just told us you haven't played it. What the fuck is wrong with you? Kill yourself.
He's a cunt. He murders a pregnant woman and her unborn child with a gun. Why would a lighthearted action game need such awful characterization?

He doesn't murder her, Virgil does.

It's okay. You have ludicrous amounts of shit taste at your disposal and no idea where to dump it all.
I only request you remove yourself from the premises with utmost haste. I heard reddit and neogaf are really nice 'round this time of year.

You know the pregnant woman was a GODDAMN DEMON right?

That's exactly the thing though - DmC was designed specifically to appeal to people who don't like Devil May Cry, at the expense of people who do. It's the same thing that happened with AJD and Lords of Shadow, and the same thing that's happening with Monster Hunter and World.

Not really, it was basically God of War tier that only got slightly salvaged by Itsuno rushing in at the 11th hour to make it somewhat playable.

If you don't like Devil May Cry, that's fine, but you can at least appreciate why people who do like it wouldn't take well to a game that went out of it's way to shit all over the series purely to appeal to people who didn't like it to begin with.

You don't have to wear armor either, you don't have to use anything higher than green sharpness, you don't have to play with your eyes open, but the game is fucking designed around them.

You know, after going back and playing 3U for a while, I started to wonder, in generations and double crossed were monsters balanced around hunter arts and styles? Or are styles and arts actually just there to deal with the fact that the team couldn't make good monster ai or hitboxes to save their lives?
Like, you can play 3U for hours and only rarely feel like the game pulled some bullshit, but in XX it seems like unless you're constantly abusing the new mechanics (which aren't very fun) that the game is just shitting on you and laughing in your face about it. It's not even stuff that would make you fail a quest or get carted, but it seems like the core game just doesn't want you to have fun.

I'd forgotten that all monster hunter games shove a nice big fuck you into them to remind you that you're the fucking prey.

This post gave me PTSD. Brachy still rapes me like a cheap whore unless I play extremely safe and slow.

Yeah, that's what I remembered.

Jho really wasn't bad to me in the least, but the rape ape is just

NO LOVE
NO LUBE
NO REST

All of the casual retards are going to be weeded out by the time they get to high rank because like that once reddit poster, they cant play even slightly hard games because they cant use their heads and by G-rank only hardened autists like us if we even bought MHW will remain.

No matter how casualized MHW may be, thats how it always was for MH games.

Have you been living under a rock these past couple of years? G-Rank is swarming with literal and/or figurative no-skill shitters that got carried.

This is true, but there are also many ways to cheese monsters, which is all the more trivial with more people. Still, if the only solace one can have is that there'll still be some legitimately hard monsters even after lowering the bar this low, I'll take what little comfort that can give me.

But I'm still not buying this garbage

If so is the case then were fucked.

you don't remember the HR999 honsticks?

That's assuming they bother making difficult monsters.

Always gonna happen when multiplayer is involved.

>Launching and getting slam dunked by Zinogres backflip. Fucking priceless. 10/10
Not as bad now as it was before MHG but holy shit.
Nevar4get.

Post cates

ho boy

Even some of the stock monsters will fuck up these assholes. Rathalos was one of the first casual filters because he never fucking lands and if you were going lance without wind guard, you fucking hated everything. You gotta be fast, you gotta be sharp, and you gotta be prepared, and no amount of buffoonery is tolerated when the monsters have decided you need to get fucked. I can see it now.

No normalfaggot is going to be able to handle that shit.

I'm not saying that these design choices aren't fucking retarded, but only vets will be able to actually use them.

That's assuming they even keep those attacks and don't just remove them entirely. I would be surprised if any monster in World is out of reach for more than a few moments at a time.

The solution is obvious: They will dumb down the gameplay so much that this reddit poster will feel like he's good at it. That's what the environmental hazards and monsterXmonster mechanics are looking like they do: Providing crutches for unskilled faggots.

user, we've seen los gameplay
It spends a dickload of time in the air, and even flies between areas during mounts
Only problem is that it doesn't seem to take elevation into account, so in the higher parts of the slanted nest area it'll be clipping halfway into the ground instead of being up in the air, so basically free stuns

Why do these fucking casuals NEVER bring flashbombs to a Rath fight?
No casual player ever prepares for any encounters its only the core MH players that pack 15 flashbombs and put their weapon away (If not SNS) to throw them after the roar or backflip.
It's like no one cares about monster patterns or behavior they just wanna hit stuff and watch it die before making some new fangled weapon or upgrading their current gear. These are the players that Capcom are aiming MH World for.

Not sure which monster that is, but the only footage I saw had the new monsters Anjanaf and Dos Jaglas, with a short cameo of series flagship Rioleus to show off making monsters fight each other a bit. Yet to see any footage showing a proper fight with Rioleus, or any other returning monsters at all.

If you're gonna shitpost this hard, why bother posting?

Are you pretending to be retarded or can you genuinely not read?

What are you talking about? Only footage I'm aware of so far is when Tsujimoto and Fujioka played it during the conference a while ago.

I assume you're resourceful enough to not need a specific timestamp

Video in question, conference starts around 33:50, with actual gameplay starting at 46:35

That is the exact footage I'm talking about. It mostly focuses on the new monster, with the only reappearing monster being Rioleus, who barely shows up at all and doesn't do anything really threatening the whole time.

They fight it for like five minutes of the 20 minute demo
It does the exactly the things I said it did
What the fuck do you want? A triple cart 40 minutes into a silver los fight on a flat arena that shows off all the moves it's had since its inception?

Those things are not contradictory
2 feet off the ground is still off the ground, and attacks have nothing to do with it

No it doesn't. You said "It spends a dickload of time in the air," when the only time it's out of reach is when it's moving from one area to another, which didn't even matter because the player was on top of it the whole time anyway. The rest of the time it's entirely hittable.

At that point being off the ground is 100% meaningless then, which is my point - the game is being completely defanged to appeal to foreigners who hate MonHun.

All these semantics coming from the guy who said MHW is a spinoff despite them explicitly saying this is MH5.
You're trying to shill that this game isn't casualized to fuck and you're doing it by showing that "it's casualized to fuck but they hide it well".

I never said it spent all that time out of reach
I specifically goddamn said it spent half the time clipping into the ground because of the poor height detection
Learn to read, ESL-kun

If by "half the time" you mean "the entire time in both the high up cliff area and the low to the ground jungle floor area" I guess sure? And yes, you did just say it was technically airborne, but as we've established, if it's that close to the ground, being airborne doesn't actually mean anything.

No it isn't, I never said that
Are you referring to the argument over X/XX earlier? Why are you intentionally being retarded just to win an argument?

No you fucking didn't you faggot. said
and you responded with

People can see the rest of your posts you don't need to fucking lie

The cliff area is slanted, so when it flew to the lower part of area it was about as high up as it would normally be during flight and wasn't clipping much

I was saying that they didn't remove that shit from the game entirely, not that they succeeded in keeping it out of the player's reach, because it's incredibly buggy with the enviroments, which I acknowledged
Jesus

It was entirely hittable the entire time.

The tail was, and looking at it again I guess the legs are too, though some weapons would have trouble with that, but at the lowest part of the map it's still almost as high up as the normal off the ground hover in every other game

Playing MHFU for the first time, I fucking hate HR3 Gravios. He's so easy to fight, but my weapons bounce because of shitty sharpness. The fight is so fucking boring and takes 6 gorillion hours. I hope there's not more monsters like this fucker.

You'd think it's elementary knowledge. It's really fucking easy to hunt raths, and flashbombs make the battle laughable.

Still, like I said, the normalfaggots aren't gonna learn jack shit or have the patience, especially with all the preliminary quests that teach you the basics so you're not a retard.

Attack his stomach, that's the weakpoint, good luck not hitting the legs in the process though.

Vore fetishes are so fucking weird

This fan base has been fucking replaced… We're not needed or wanted anymore fam.

Anti-Air Flares or whatever it's called is pretty satisfying on GL. Does a full burst then a Wyvern's Fire and it won't overheat your dumb heat gauge so you can lock it at red.
Brave GL is actually pretty fun although I've only had fun with Long 5 quick shelling, full bursting could work though since you get lots of chances to slam out of quick reload.
Compared to something like Bushido Bow in terms of maximum damage or Brave LS counter damage, it's shit, but it's pretty decent for doing raw damage to bad hitzones in multi when the monster isn't facing you.

Gunlance is about stylish hunting anyway since the damage has never been great. Roman Wyvern's Fires and whatnot.

New thread