Schools and colleges in video games

Holla Forums was Adam Jensen wise about his education decisions?
deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Adam_Jensen

Other urls found in this thread:

deusex.wikia.com/wiki/National_Secessionist_Forces
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He was a cop in Detroit then got work in Sarif Industries through his girlfriend and a conspiracy
His choices actually had no importance because his life was already engineered for a specific outcome

Then the game is a perfect exam of the gamble and questionable necessity of a college degree.

I'm sure in 10 years they'll find a way to stratify it though and make having a bachelors degree a requirement to become an augmented cyborg in response to extreme trauma to life and limb.

Use fucking commas

Also was anything retconned about Adam's past in the sequel? I haven't played that yet

Yeah.

In Mankind Divided it's revealed that Jensen killed an 'augmented boy who was just innocently buying Skittles and wasn't do anything wrong.

Jensen got acquitted thanks to Sarif and had to go into hiding, where he got plastic surgery to change his appearance and augmentations as part of the deal with Sarif for getting the charges dropped so he could be Sarif's guinea pig for new augs. Adam Jensen is a false name.

>going to liberal indoctrination camp, aka (((college)))

Totes my guy
I dropped out of high school and now Im making mad bank and laughing at the retards that wasted there cash on (((college))

Of fucking course. I knew he was kicked out of SWAT in HR for pulling the trigger when he shouldn't have, but you can leave it to whatever Montreal shithole studio involved with MD would have changed it to "he dun blasted lil tyreekus he wusnt doin nuffin wif his cyber combat augments n sheet tryna turn his lyf aroun"
Pictured: Lil' Tyreekus with dat BMW combat mods n sheet he gots wif da welfare credits

Man Doctor Octopus really went through some growing pains didn't he

At least the eyes are cute so far apart.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in Human Revolution that the kid of augmented.
But didn't the homeless black woman recognize him? Also didn't some of the people are the police station recognize him?
Also weren't there implications that Adam was some kind of test tube baby who's life was orchestrated so that he would become a perfect augmented person?

I think I remember that myself, just Mankind Divided tried to turn it into a dindu nuffin situation because of course they would.
Yup, there's no indication whatsoever that Jensen's name and identity are false in HR.
Last I recall the deal was Jensen lacks an immune response related to cybernetics, so he doesn't need expensive medications to avoid his body rejecting his arm. The research done on him would later be put towards JC Denton.

That user is lying.

no

no he did not

also I took some crim justice courses just for fun at my state uni and the professor was a barely literate dyke who never kept office hours or appointments

I thought certain pocket secretaries in Human Revolution exonerated him of the crime.

if aaaaadam is so clever then why is his dialogue so shit?

did you miss the part where he attended an online university?

Why do people shit on online colleges?

Well, he went to so-called higher education, so no, he was not wise with his decisions. No wonder his games are fucking shitty.

Because many of them are shady as fuuuuck operations that make people end up with a useless degree and shitloads of loans, but worse than a 4-year school. An example was one college who let an ex-con get a nursing degree, but not tell her that she'll never ever get a job because of her ex-con status.

They retconned it? He quit because they wanted him to shoot the kid, so after he left Haas gets the command and feels he had to shoot the kid.

Also, what the hell are you talking about with plastic surgery? He got augmented after the attack on Sarif Industries and most of his augments were unnecessary because Sarif wanted to see how far his body could go.

Sounds like regular college too me. How university of Phoenix any different from evergreen college besides less anti-free speech violemces and homework is racist chants?

I mean anti-free speech violences. And I'm not kidding about homework is racist chants and riots.

lol it's all online my dude, why would people freak out about free speech if there's no campus to have a speaker at?

How is Mankind Divided?

I am replaying HR right now. Pretty fun to play but in retrospect the story and dialogue and NPC interactions are pretty bad. Also the graphics haven't aged well. And, it crashes every so often and one of my saves got corrupted.

MD is OK at best. The ending comes out of nowhere and is clearly rushed. Prague is a really good hub.

The first couple of hours are really poor though, the first mission especially.

It could be worse. I played it once with stealth and thought it was only slightly worse that HR thanks to the short, rushed story and a bunch of bugs since I played it on release. Then I tried playing NG+ but guns blazing and my god the combat is fucking atrocious. Don't expect to play it more than once.

Worse than Human Revolution in almost every area apart from graphics, level design and some interesting art.

That should just about cover it.

Also, forgot this beauty

Outside of the name change, that's pretty much what the NSF was. There's a bum in the hospital in Hell's Kitchen who talks about how he used to serve with the NSF back when they were still the National Secessionist Forces, which were pro-constitutional, pro-Second Amendment libertarians who were resisting government encroachment on their rights (it should be noted that the lead writer for DX1 was a libertarian): deusex.wikia.com/wiki/National_Secessionist_Forces

Oh, I didn't see that DRUMPF sticky note. That's fucking retarded.

What did they mean by this?